Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A dragon's war cry
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Kit reached over and put a hand on his shoulder, "Storm seems like she was a good mother." She smiled choosing not to question what happened to land him in a dragon's nest. She hoped that her small gesture had been enough to express her condolences to him.

Halvor ruffled Kit's hair and sent them off explaining that he had work to finish aboard the ship. "Nice meetin' yah Ryu. Don't go gettin' inta too much trouble aye Kit?" She waved him off "aye. So what should we do for the rest of the morning? Get seconds? Go find someone else to bug? Visit this house of yours? Ah but I do need to head over to Gothi later, Berk has a supply of medicinal herbs that we can't grow on the island for me to pick up."
Kit reached over and put a hand on his shoulder, "Storm seems like she was a good mother." She smiled choosing not to question what happened to land him in a dragon's nest. She hoped that her small gesture had been enough to express her condolences to him.

Halvor ruffled Kit's hair and sent them off explaining that he had work to finish aboard the ship. "Nice meetin' yah Ryu. Don't go gettin' inta too much trouble aye Kit?" She waved him off "aye. So what should we do for the rest of the morning? Get seconds? Go find someone else to bug? Visit this house of yours? Ah but I do need to head over to Gothi later, Berk has a supply of medicinal herbs that we can't grow on the island for me to pick up."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Ryu gave a light smile as a light feeling started to grow in his chest. He was honestly tempted to put his own hand on her’s, but that might have looked a bit weird. “Yeah. I probably wouldn’t be alive if it weren’t for her.” Not many things could take on a dragons, and even fewer when it came to a skrill. Granted, that didn’t stop him from worry about her from time to time.

After leaving Halvor to his own devices, Ryu thoughts turned to the quesion Kit posed. “Well, I did promise to show you my house after we ate, and I am a man of my word. We can stop by Gothi’s hut on the way there.”

@residentlunatic
Ryu gave a light smile as a light feeling started to grow in his chest. He was honestly tempted to put his own hand on her’s, but that might have looked a bit weird. “Yeah. I probably wouldn’t be alive if it weren’t for her.” Not many things could take on a dragons, and even fewer when it came to a skrill. Granted, that didn’t stop him from worry about her from time to time.

After leaving Halvor to his own devices, Ryu thoughts turned to the quesion Kit posed. “Well, I did promise to show you my house after we ate, and I am a man of my word. We can stop by Gothi’s hut on the way there.”

@residentlunatic
@BlitzRyu, ah sorry FR ate my reply and I didn't check back till now))

"Sounds good to me!" She made a show of crossing her fingers, "here's hoping the old woman is in a good mood today. Normally she has no patience for me, stoic used to think it had something to do with my age." She shrugged, the outcasts hadn't been entirely thrilled about letting a 'child' word as a medicine woman either. "So now that you've got a house here s'that mean you're gonna be a semi permanent resident on Berk?" Kit hooked her thumbs into the belt around her tunic as they walked punting the occasional rock out of her way.
@BlitzRyu, ah sorry FR ate my reply and I didn't check back till now))

"Sounds good to me!" She made a show of crossing her fingers, "here's hoping the old woman is in a good mood today. Normally she has no patience for me, stoic used to think it had something to do with my age." She shrugged, the outcasts hadn't been entirely thrilled about letting a 'child' word as a medicine woman either. "So now that you've got a house here s'that mean you're gonna be a semi permanent resident on Berk?" Kit hooked her thumbs into the belt around her tunic as they walked punting the occasional rock out of her way.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Honestly, you’d think that they’d be a bit more accepting of the next generation given what people like Hiccup and his friends had accomplished. “I’m sure she isn’t that bad. Besides, I’d trust you with my life if it came down to it.” It might have slipped out accidentally at the time, but he wasn’t exactly lying either. Granted, his dragon and a few others could be lumped into that category as well, but that was better left unsaid.

Moving on to her next question, the teen merely gave a gentle nod. He didn’t exactly know how she might feel about such a thing, so he figured that it would be best to tread softly. “For the most part, I’d say yes. We still travel a bit, but we aren’t gone for longer than a week or two.” There were exceptions of course, as wanderlust was not an easy thing to get rid of. As much as he liked his home here, there was something to be said when one could view the world from miles above the ground.
Honestly, you’d think that they’d be a bit more accepting of the next generation given what people like Hiccup and his friends had accomplished. “I’m sure she isn’t that bad. Besides, I’d trust you with my life if it came down to it.” It might have slipped out accidentally at the time, but he wasn’t exactly lying either. Granted, his dragon and a few others could be lumped into that category as well, but that was better left unsaid.

Moving on to her next question, the teen merely gave a gentle nod. He didn’t exactly know how she might feel about such a thing, so he figured that it would be best to tread softly. “For the most part, I’d say yes. We still travel a bit, but we aren’t gone for longer than a week or two.” There were exceptions of course, as wanderlust was not an easy thing to get rid of. As much as he liked his home here, there was something to be said when one could view the world from miles above the ground.
She grinned, "that's great! I'm glad you have a place to call home now. If I'm honest I was a little worried about you before when you moved all around all the time."

When they came to the healer's hut Kit smoothed a hand across her unruly hair to tame it. "Just give me five minutes to collect those herbs she gathered for us and I'll be right back." She ascended the stairs quickly knocking before entering Gothi's house her expression carefully neutral.
She grinned, "that's great! I'm glad you have a place to call home now. If I'm honest I was a little worried about you before when you moved all around all the time."

When they came to the healer's hut Kit smoothed a hand across her unruly hair to tame it. "Just give me five minutes to collect those herbs she gathered for us and I'll be right back." She ascended the stairs quickly knocking before entering Gothi's house her expression carefully neutral.
foto_1.png
Ryu gave a light nod and watched as Kit moved up the spire Gothi’s house was built on. He couldn’t really explain why, but it felt nice to know that she had been concerned for him. It was also completely understandable with the life he had lived prior to coming to Berk the first time, but he decided to not dwell on a past that was more or less behind him.

For now, he woule simply wait for Kit, watching as the vikings went about their day. New faces mingled with old, and the villiage was certainly expanding at a good rate thanks to a lack of prolonged conflict.
Ryu gave a light nod and watched as Kit moved up the spire Gothi’s house was built on. He couldn’t really explain why, but it felt nice to know that she had been concerned for him. It was also completely understandable with the life he had lived prior to coming to Berk the first time, but he decided to not dwell on a past that was more or less behind him.

For now, he woule simply wait for Kit, watching as the vikings went about their day. New faces mingled with old, and the villiage was certainly expanding at a good rate thanks to a lack of prolonged conflict.
Kit shot him a wave when Gothi beckoned her inside. She remained in the hut for a time collecting healing essentials that couldn't be cultivated on the rugged shores of her home. Kit returned after a time her expression sour and her cheeks ruddy with an indignant sort of contained rage. She didn't bother to read the scrawled world of the elder healer as she barked a bitter reply to the tail end of their conversation. "I don't need to explain why I asked for two separate herbs perhaps I have need of them both! Who are you to tell me who I should or shouldn't help!" She shouldered the heavy satchel and stalked away from the crestfallen woman still scratching in the dirt to convey a message that Kit wanted nothing to do with.

The ginger scrubbed at her eyes and checked that the satchel was properly attached. Smoothing out her tunic she let out a ragged sigh pushing back the hair that had fluttered across her eyes. "I, uh, I got what I needed. How's about we get out of town?" She gripped the leather strap with both hands and mutterd something about needing to find a suiting dragon for herself.
Kit shot him a wave when Gothi beckoned her inside. She remained in the hut for a time collecting healing essentials that couldn't be cultivated on the rugged shores of her home. Kit returned after a time her expression sour and her cheeks ruddy with an indignant sort of contained rage. She didn't bother to read the scrawled world of the elder healer as she barked a bitter reply to the tail end of their conversation. "I don't need to explain why I asked for two separate herbs perhaps I have need of them both! Who are you to tell me who I should or shouldn't help!" She shouldered the heavy satchel and stalked away from the crestfallen woman still scratching in the dirt to convey a message that Kit wanted nothing to do with.

The ginger scrubbed at her eyes and checked that the satchel was properly attached. Smoothing out her tunic she let out a ragged sigh pushing back the hair that had fluttered across her eyes. "I, uh, I got what I needed. How's about we get out of town?" She gripped the leather strap with both hands and mutterd something about needing to find a suiting dragon for herself.
foto_1.png
When Ryu glanced at Kit as she walked down, he could already tell that she was upset about something. Given the amount of time that she had been in there, he didn’t exactly know what it might have been about, but that could be sorted out later when she had calmed down. Either way, the teen merely gave a light nod. “That sounds good to me. I don’t really have anything to do here.” Well, aside from meeting Kit, but that was sort of taken care of.

With that being said, the teen began to walk around the villiage and eventually into the forest, making sure to go at a slower pace than normal for Kit’s sake. The walk might take a bit longer than it already would be, but it would hopefully be worth it. “If you want to talk about anything, I’m here for you.”
When Ryu glanced at Kit as she walked down, he could already tell that she was upset about something. Given the amount of time that she had been in there, he didn’t exactly know what it might have been about, but that could be sorted out later when she had calmed down. Either way, the teen merely gave a light nod. “That sounds good to me. I don’t really have anything to do here.” Well, aside from meeting Kit, but that was sort of taken care of.

With that being said, the teen began to walk around the villiage and eventually into the forest, making sure to go at a slower pace than normal for Kit’s sake. The walk might take a bit longer than it already would be, but it would hopefully be worth it. “If you want to talk about anything, I’m here for you.”
"I know" she murmured "I asked for some extra herbs from her, I've been helping a friend of mine. She apparently doesn't approve of my aiding him. I'm a healer for dragons and people though I can't just sit back and let someone get worse while O have the means to help them within my grasp!" She fell silent focusing on her boots for a beat before glancing back up. "This friend has a skrill, and they were both pretty badly burned. I've been helping to heal the flesh enough for him to armor the exposed flesh where the scales can't grow back. This particular skrill liked to terrorize Berk when he was younger, she seems to think he'll go right back to it if I heal him enough to fly again."
"I know" she murmured "I asked for some extra herbs from her, I've been helping a friend of mine. She apparently doesn't approve of my aiding him. I'm a healer for dragons and people though I can't just sit back and let someone get worse while O have the means to help them within my grasp!" She fell silent focusing on her boots for a beat before glancing back up. "This friend has a skrill, and they were both pretty badly burned. I've been helping to heal the flesh enough for him to armor the exposed flesh where the scales can't grow back. This particular skrill liked to terrorize Berk when he was younger, she seems to think he'll go right back to it if I heal him enough to fly again."
foto_1.png
Ryu raised a brow as he looked at Kit. He honestly didn’t know that she had friends outside of him, though it did make sense. Either way, now wasn’t the time to joke about such things, especially with the story behind her actions fully revealed. With a light nod, he simply continued on with the conversation. “I can see why some people would disapprove of your actions. As for me, I think your doing the right thing. Dragons are a lot like people in the sense that they can change, for better or for worse. All it takes is a push in the right direction.”
Ryu raised a brow as he looked at Kit. He honestly didn’t know that she had friends outside of him, though it did make sense. Either way, now wasn’t the time to joke about such things, especially with the story behind her actions fully revealed. With a light nod, he simply continued on with the conversation. “I can see why some people would disapprove of your actions. As for me, I think your doing the right thing. Dragons are a lot like people in the sense that they can change, for better or for worse. All it takes is a push in the right direction.”
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16