Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A dragon's war cry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
@BlitzRyu
(I picture her outfit being similar to Viggo Grimborn's from the race to the edge Netflix show, without the spiked pauldrons)

The stormy atmosphere of the sky above Berk matched the general temperament of the rider headed towards the land at the behest of one, chief Hiccup Haddock III. Thankfully there were enough friendly dragons hanging around Outcast island to allow for an expedited trip, Kit Cosgrave really hated fighting with the sea via ship. The nadder warbled as they approached signaling that it was time for her temporary passenger to go. She leapt off of the creature's back and rolled to her feet. Watching it fly back towards the island to rejoin the group. She dusted off the black leather, sleeveless tunic and adjusted her belt at her waist. She didn't bother with her leggings or her black boots. She sighed running a hand through her short tousled hair, with no intention of seeking out a husband she figured it was easier to care for her air when their was less of it, and in her opinion the asymmetrical, almost men's hairstyle didn't look half bad on her.

She set off in the direction of the main hall in Berk, pulling the terror mail scroll out of a slot on her left bracer. Both made from the smooth shed skin of a mahogany colored thunderdrum, and lined with gronkle iron. Her mind drifted to what Hiccup could want with her so near to winter? Most dragon ailments occurred during the warmer migrating months. Still she supposed she would find out soon enough as the great building was now coming into sight. She noted that the doors were shut, and thus she was meant to wait outside until the chief was ready, or until whomever else was summoned arrived. She wrapped her wolf fur cloak around her arms and sighed creating a puff of steam that drifted off into the cold morning air.
@BlitzRyu
(I picture her outfit being similar to Viggo Grimborn's from the race to the edge Netflix show, without the spiked pauldrons)

The stormy atmosphere of the sky above Berk matched the general temperament of the rider headed towards the land at the behest of one, chief Hiccup Haddock III. Thankfully there were enough friendly dragons hanging around Outcast island to allow for an expedited trip, Kit Cosgrave really hated fighting with the sea via ship. The nadder warbled as they approached signaling that it was time for her temporary passenger to go. She leapt off of the creature's back and rolled to her feet. Watching it fly back towards the island to rejoin the group. She dusted off the black leather, sleeveless tunic and adjusted her belt at her waist. She didn't bother with her leggings or her black boots. She sighed running a hand through her short tousled hair, with no intention of seeking out a husband she figured it was easier to care for her air when their was less of it, and in her opinion the asymmetrical, almost men's hairstyle didn't look half bad on her.

She set off in the direction of the main hall in Berk, pulling the terror mail scroll out of a slot on her left bracer. Both made from the smooth shed skin of a mahogany colored thunderdrum, and lined with gronkle iron. Her mind drifted to what Hiccup could want with her so near to winter? Most dragon ailments occurred during the warmer migrating months. Still she supposed she would find out soon enough as the great building was now coming into sight. She noted that the doors were shut, and thus she was meant to wait outside until the chief was ready, or until whomever else was summoned arrived. She wrapped her wolf fur cloak around her arms and sighed creating a puff of steam that drifted off into the cold morning air.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
@residentlunatic

Ryu groaned as he woke and looked to the rather stormy sky above Berk. He had been traveling the world for some time when he had found Berk a few months ago and figured that it would be best to stay. If anything, it would be relatively safe for him and his companion, though he had never really told anyone of his past. That was something neither of them wanted to retell. As for the clothes he wore, they consisted of fur lined boots, a red shirt with a white fur overcoat without sleeves, leather arm covers, and black wool pants. A set of twin blades along with a bow and subsequent arrows were also found on him. He had a set of armor in his home, though that was not needed at the moment.

It didn’t take long for him to notice the terrible terror perched atop his head and gave a light smile as he removed the message. He sent the creature on its way shortly before reading it and narrowing his eyes. “Looks like Hiccup needs our help, Storm Surge, and the sheep aren’t running amok this time.” It felt weird taking orders from someone the same age as him, though he was still wary of him after all this time.

The skrill was rather disappointed that she wouldn’t be able to get some wool for her scales, but she quickly picked her rider up and flew into the sky. The storm clouds were her home, but her rider was not immune to electricity. Storm Surge then landed in front of the meade hall and gave a low growl, looking over her surroundings.
@residentlunatic

Ryu groaned as he woke and looked to the rather stormy sky above Berk. He had been traveling the world for some time when he had found Berk a few months ago and figured that it would be best to stay. If anything, it would be relatively safe for him and his companion, though he had never really told anyone of his past. That was something neither of them wanted to retell. As for the clothes he wore, they consisted of fur lined boots, a red shirt with a white fur overcoat without sleeves, leather arm covers, and black wool pants. A set of twin blades along with a bow and subsequent arrows were also found on him. He had a set of armor in his home, though that was not needed at the moment.

It didn’t take long for him to notice the terrible terror perched atop his head and gave a light smile as he removed the message. He sent the creature on its way shortly before reading it and narrowing his eyes. “Looks like Hiccup needs our help, Storm Surge, and the sheep aren’t running amok this time.” It felt weird taking orders from someone the same age as him, though he was still wary of him after all this time.

The skrill was rather disappointed that she wouldn’t be able to get some wool for her scales, but she quickly picked her rider up and flew into the sky. The storm clouds were her home, but her rider was not immune to electricity. Storm Surge then landed in front of the meade hall and gave a low growl, looking over her surroundings.
@BlitzRyu I'm subbed now so you don't have to ping me :)

Kit turned and looked up at the massive dragon with awe, she only knew of one other man who rode a skrill and he was hidden away on a secret island, the very same one that the creature had previously called home. She released her cloak and hailed the rider and dragon having met them briefly, several years ago. "Ryu, Storm Surge, hail and well met. I didn't think I'd ever see either of you again, it would seem Hiccup is pulling every string he can think of." Her hazel green eyes sparkled with admiration she she looked at the beautiful dragon before her, though she did feel a twinge of jealousy at the fact that she lacked a companion like that of her own, and not for lack of trying either, but after the death of her timberjack Whiplash no other dragon felt quite right.
@BlitzRyu I'm subbed now so you don't have to ping me :)

Kit turned and looked up at the massive dragon with awe, she only knew of one other man who rode a skrill and he was hidden away on a secret island, the very same one that the creature had previously called home. She released her cloak and hailed the rider and dragon having met them briefly, several years ago. "Ryu, Storm Surge, hail and well met. I didn't think I'd ever see either of you again, it would seem Hiccup is pulling every string he can think of." Her hazel green eyes sparkled with admiration she she looked at the beautiful dragon before her, though she did feel a twinge of jealousy at the fact that she lacked a companion like that of her own, and not for lack of trying either, but after the death of her timberjack Whiplash no other dragon felt quite right.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
“It’s good to see you as well, Kit, though the fact I am here is reason enough for me to be wary of the task at hand.” Normally, he would’ve just moved on to a different part of the world, yet he had instead stayed close to Berk and her inhabitants for all of these years. It was a hard adjustment, but Storm Surge helped in the process of creating a more permanent camp on one of the islands that wasn’t inhabited. “I also don’t recall any specifics, only that your cheif wanted to see me, and I suppose that can also be said for you. I take it that is meant as a sign that they are treating you well?” Despite his rather neutral tone, a small smile spread across his lips. He respected the girl’s strength, being the only one without a dragon in a villiage of riders, so he felt like he could relax around her.

Said dragoness could only give a low purr as she saw the friendly face and watched the two humans interact. She was very much tempted to create something between them, despite the fact that she knew that Ryu was not fond of socializing, even if it was with friends. Having only her and wild dragons to talk to for all this time did not help with that fact.
“It’s good to see you as well, Kit, though the fact I am here is reason enough for me to be wary of the task at hand.” Normally, he would’ve just moved on to a different part of the world, yet he had instead stayed close to Berk and her inhabitants for all of these years. It was a hard adjustment, but Storm Surge helped in the process of creating a more permanent camp on one of the islands that wasn’t inhabited. “I also don’t recall any specifics, only that your cheif wanted to see me, and I suppose that can also be said for you. I take it that is meant as a sign that they are treating you well?” Despite his rather neutral tone, a small smile spread across his lips. He respected the girl’s strength, being the only one without a dragon in a villiage of riders, so he felt like he could relax around her.

Said dragoness could only give a low purr as she saw the friendly face and watched the two humans interact. She was very much tempted to create something between them, despite the fact that she knew that Ryu was not fond of socializing, even if it was with friends. Having only her and wild dragons to talk to for all this time did not help with that fact.
Storm Surge ships it lol)

She smiled playfully, "I'm no Berkian, I'm an Outcast born and bred." She spread her arms as if in mock triumph, "but yeah, Hiccup said he needed something from me. It was pretty vague though, almost as if he was afraid of someone intercepting it. I suppose you're right to be wary towards the summons of one Hiccup Haddock." She raised her fist and knocked, politely but firm enough to be heard. The tall heavy body of Fishlegs Ingerman came into view, his expression somber as he let the two enter. Kit's previously bright smile melted away like snow around an agitated monstrous nightmare, Hiccup what happened. The chief turned to face them his expression just as grim as the others around the room. Not even Snotlout or the twins tried to raise the general mood or make any playful commentary. Hiccup braced his arms against the sturdy oak table, "dead dragon, a few islands over. Nadders mostly, just slain and left there."

Kit felt white hot rage boil up in her, "you're telling me someone out there is just slaughtering these creatures for sport!"

"No not exactly." He held up his hands to calm her enough to finish his thought. He sighed gratefully when she did silence the typhoon of threats ready to spill form her lips. "We weren't able to investigate properly, and if it is hunters the riders need to keep Berk and out allies safe from attack. That's why I asked you here. Kit I don't think I've ever met anyone as well versed in dragon medicine as you. I was hoping you could examine the bodies see if perhaps it was an illness or poison. Or perhaps another angry dragon." She nodded stiffly her mind already setting to work on putting together a list of fast acting natural poisons.

"If it was humans though" she spoke with a deadly sort of calm, "I'm sending them directly to helhime." Hiccup nodded.

"I don't doubt that. Ryu I was hoping you could accompany Kit, as backup with StormSurge, without a dragon she's much more vulnerable. Not to mention I know you two can handle yourselves admirably."
Storm Surge ships it lol)

She smiled playfully, "I'm no Berkian, I'm an Outcast born and bred." She spread her arms as if in mock triumph, "but yeah, Hiccup said he needed something from me. It was pretty vague though, almost as if he was afraid of someone intercepting it. I suppose you're right to be wary towards the summons of one Hiccup Haddock." She raised her fist and knocked, politely but firm enough to be heard. The tall heavy body of Fishlegs Ingerman came into view, his expression somber as he let the two enter. Kit's previously bright smile melted away like snow around an agitated monstrous nightmare, Hiccup what happened. The chief turned to face them his expression just as grim as the others around the room. Not even Snotlout or the twins tried to raise the general mood or make any playful commentary. Hiccup braced his arms against the sturdy oak table, "dead dragon, a few islands over. Nadders mostly, just slain and left there."

Kit felt white hot rage boil up in her, "you're telling me someone out there is just slaughtering these creatures for sport!"

"No not exactly." He held up his hands to calm her enough to finish his thought. He sighed gratefully when she did silence the typhoon of threats ready to spill form her lips. "We weren't able to investigate properly, and if it is hunters the riders need to keep Berk and out allies safe from attack. That's why I asked you here. Kit I don't think I've ever met anyone as well versed in dragon medicine as you. I was hoping you could examine the bodies see if perhaps it was an illness or poison. Or perhaps another angry dragon." She nodded stiffly her mind already setting to work on putting together a list of fast acting natural poisons.

"If it was humans though" she spoke with a deadly sort of calm, "I'm sending them directly to helhime." Hiccup nodded.

"I don't doubt that. Ryu I was hoping you could accompany Kit, as backup with StormSurge, without a dragon she's much more vulnerable. Not to mention I know you two can handle yourselves admirably."
foto_1.png
(They’d make a good pair, and whatever dragon Kit gets would probably go well with the skrill.)

Ryu suspected that something was wrong the moment Fishlegs stepped out of the hall after Kit notified them of their presence. The look he gave automatically made him rest a hand on the pommel of one of his swords, and he knew that something was up when the twins of all people were acting serious about something.

He remained silent after Hiccup spoke, however, memories of dead dragons playing through his mind. Their roars echoed through the air as they were cut down and flames consumed everything. There were no bodies to bury, and he couldn’t even mourn. This,in turn, caused his grip on his weapon to tighten enough so that bone could be seen through skin. “I understsnd why you did not tell either of us about this. If it is humans, they won’t know what hit them.” He would need to get his armor from his camp, but aside from that, nothing would be stopping either humans or dragon from going on the war path.

As for Storm Surge’s reaction to the news of the death of her own kind, she could feel an anger boiling within her, signified by electricity arcing over her body. She was also worried about her rider, knowing the impact their forced exodus from their first home had on him. She gently brushed against his side, and while some lightning may have went into, it wasn’t enough to do any damage. The two then began to head for the door, knowing that they had to prepare for a potential fight.
(They’d make a good pair, and whatever dragon Kit gets would probably go well with the skrill.)

Ryu suspected that something was wrong the moment Fishlegs stepped out of the hall after Kit notified them of their presence. The look he gave automatically made him rest a hand on the pommel of one of his swords, and he knew that something was up when the twins of all people were acting serious about something.

He remained silent after Hiccup spoke, however, memories of dead dragons playing through his mind. Their roars echoed through the air as they were cut down and flames consumed everything. There were no bodies to bury, and he couldn’t even mourn. This,in turn, caused his grip on his weapon to tighten enough so that bone could be seen through skin. “I understsnd why you did not tell either of us about this. If it is humans, they won’t know what hit them.” He would need to get his armor from his camp, but aside from that, nothing would be stopping either humans or dragon from going on the war path.

As for Storm Surge’s reaction to the news of the death of her own kind, she could feel an anger boiling within her, signified by electricity arcing over her body. She was also worried about her rider, knowing the impact their forced exodus from their first home had on him. She gently brushed against his side, and while some lightning may have went into, it wasn’t enough to do any damage. The two then began to head for the door, knowing that they had to prepare for a potential fight.
Their ship name can be pronounced Riot, Ryit)

Kit didn't argue she just nodded running her thin fingers over the hilt of her scimitar, it's ragged, dragon-proof blade sitting against her back. A gift from on old friend prior to her interest in the care of dragons. She looked out over the stormy sea and them back to Ryu, after leaving the hall letting Hiccup discuss the protection of Berk, Berserk, and Outcast isles. Even though the latter had very fer permanent dragons given it's subterranean structure and barren landscape. "You'll likely reach the are long before I will, without a dragon who doesn't oppose a hitchhiker travel is slow. Try to keep a low profile for the sake of Storm, if it's people I'm sure they'd spare a skrill no quarter." She looked around the visible area hoping for a dragon friendly enough to allow her to snag a ride over to the little fish shaped island off the western coast. When she spotted nothing she swore silently and began to look instead for a small ship she could borrow, like a fishing boat or a merchant vessel.
Their ship name can be pronounced Riot, Ryit)

Kit didn't argue she just nodded running her thin fingers over the hilt of her scimitar, it's ragged, dragon-proof blade sitting against her back. A gift from on old friend prior to her interest in the care of dragons. She looked out over the stormy sea and them back to Ryu, after leaving the hall letting Hiccup discuss the protection of Berk, Berserk, and Outcast isles. Even though the latter had very fer permanent dragons given it's subterranean structure and barren landscape. "You'll likely reach the are long before I will, without a dragon who doesn't oppose a hitchhiker travel is slow. Try to keep a low profile for the sake of Storm, if it's people I'm sure they'd spare a skrill no quarter." She looked around the visible area hoping for a dragon friendly enough to allow her to snag a ride over to the little fish shaped island off the western coast. When she spotted nothing she swore silently and began to look instead for a small ship she could borrow, like a fishing boat or a merchant vessel.
foto_1.png
(Now I really want this to become a thing.)

Ryu was about to protest going in alone when a thought crossed his mind. He then whispered something into his skrill’s ear and gave a light nod. “We’ll be sure to be careful. If they lay a hand on her, though, they’ll soon find out how painful it is to lose it.” The teen then got on top of his dragon and the two took off into the sky for the second time in five minutes. The skrill then did something that no one but Ryu would expect and turned around, picking up Kit by the shoulders as she flew by her. The dragoness then looked down to look at her and gave what she pictured a smile to be.

“Thank you for flying Air Storm Surge. We have a very quick flight ahead of us, so please be sure to climb on top of the nearest dragon and enjoy the ride.” Thankfully, there was more than enough room on Storm Surge’s back for two people, and it would be more convenient for everyone involved if they got to the area of the reported killings at the same time. Ryu then gave a soft laugh as he moved to help the girl up if she wanted it. “I know riding her through a thunder storm is just asking for pain, but I don’t risk the safety of dragons, no matter what. Besides, now you get to see how people without a tribe tend to live, because I need to get something from my home camp site.”
(Now I really want this to become a thing.)

Ryu was about to protest going in alone when a thought crossed his mind. He then whispered something into his skrill’s ear and gave a light nod. “We’ll be sure to be careful. If they lay a hand on her, though, they’ll soon find out how painful it is to lose it.” The teen then got on top of his dragon and the two took off into the sky for the second time in five minutes. The skrill then did something that no one but Ryu would expect and turned around, picking up Kit by the shoulders as she flew by her. The dragoness then looked down to look at her and gave what she pictured a smile to be.

“Thank you for flying Air Storm Surge. We have a very quick flight ahead of us, so please be sure to climb on top of the nearest dragon and enjoy the ride.” Thankfully, there was more than enough room on Storm Surge’s back for two people, and it would be more convenient for everyone involved if they got to the area of the reported killings at the same time. Ryu then gave a soft laugh as he moved to help the girl up if she wanted it. “I know riding her through a thunder storm is just asking for pain, but I don’t risk the safety of dragons, no matter what. Besides, now you get to see how people without a tribe tend to live, because I need to get something from my home camp site.”
I kinda do too)

She yelped when the skrill lifted her effortlessly off the ground, her bewilderment was quickly replaced by a laugh. She expertly clambered up a ways and excepted his hand settling behind the rider gently. "You're almost as bad as Hookfang and Snotlout." She teased, aforementioned viking often came by with his dragon and scooped her up whenever he needed to talk to someone privately. As a result he'd stopped his unwanted romantic advances and the two had actually become good friends. She'd become accustomed to clambering up onto a dragon's back from the air.

"Eh it's just a little lightning, I've taken changewing acid directly to exposed flesh. Besides your right the less time taken the better, there may still be a few living dragons on the island. She patted the dragon's back affectionately before hooking her arms around Ryu's chest to keep from falling off, should the dragon increase her flying speed. "Let's go find out who's been decimating, arguably, the best part of Berk.
I kinda do too)

She yelped when the skrill lifted her effortlessly off the ground, her bewilderment was quickly replaced by a laugh. She expertly clambered up a ways and excepted his hand settling behind the rider gently. "You're almost as bad as Hookfang and Snotlout." She teased, aforementioned viking often came by with his dragon and scooped her up whenever he needed to talk to someone privately. As a result he'd stopped his unwanted romantic advances and the two had actually become good friends. She'd become accustomed to clambering up onto a dragon's back from the air.

"Eh it's just a little lightning, I've taken changewing acid directly to exposed flesh. Besides your right the less time taken the better, there may still be a few living dragons on the island. She patted the dragon's back affectionately before hooking her arms around Ryu's chest to keep from falling off, should the dragon increase her flying speed. "Let's go find out who's been decimating, arguably, the best part of Berk.
foto_1.png
Ryu gave a playful frown as he was compared to Snoutlout of all people. “Oi, I take offense to that. At the very least, I don’t just rely on thew alone.” He was surprised with how well she had moved despite his dragon’s own grip, but didn’t question it. At the very least, it made things easier for him.

“Right. Tell that to all the people Storm’s electrocuted out of fear. I think I was one of them when we first met.” The teen then laughed as he gently rubbed the back of his dragon’s neck, though he had to admit that the feeling of her arms around him felt nice. “Either way, I couldn’t agree more.” It had been a while since he had flown while his dragon was pushing her limits, so this would make for a rather entertaining flight.

Storm Surge gave a loud roar as electricity from the storm clouds made what may as well have been a ball around her, though that may have also been her doing to protect the rather squishy humans on her back, and took off at speed that matched Toothless, if not exceeded his own limit. The world below passed by in a blur, and colors seemed to blend into each other.
Ryu gave a playful frown as he was compared to Snoutlout of all people. “Oi, I take offense to that. At the very least, I don’t just rely on thew alone.” He was surprised with how well she had moved despite his dragon’s own grip, but didn’t question it. At the very least, it made things easier for him.

“Right. Tell that to all the people Storm’s electrocuted out of fear. I think I was one of them when we first met.” The teen then laughed as he gently rubbed the back of his dragon’s neck, though he had to admit that the feeling of her arms around him felt nice. “Either way, I couldn’t agree more.” It had been a while since he had flown while his dragon was pushing her limits, so this would make for a rather entertaining flight.

Storm Surge gave a loud roar as electricity from the storm clouds made what may as well have been a ball around her, though that may have also been her doing to protect the rather squishy humans on her back, and took off at speed that matched Toothless, if not exceeded his own limit. The world below passed by in a blur, and colors seemed to blend into each other.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16