Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Behind The Clouds (closed)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25
New York, Senji

"There are some things in my past I would rather forget. Painful memories are awful but...they can lead to good ones later. Like when Garvus and his army started attacking everywhere. It was awful for a long time but look at everyone today! Humans and dragons getting along so well. Everyone is happier now and it is amazing!"

After sitting a while a man finally walked over with a small notebook and pen. The guy smiled gently at the two. He then asked them what would they like to have. Senji smiled at the guy and then pouted for a moment. It was going to be hard to choose something. He really hated this, Senji liked all kinds of foods and felt bad not choosing one over the other. Looking at the menu, then up at the guy and smiled.

"Well, I hope this doesn't sound weird. Can I please have a little bit of everything? Almost like a sampler kinda thing? Oh and don't worry I can pay I guess working for the man in charge has a few perks. Oh and some nice ice water would be nice!".

The waiter stared at the dragon for a moment. Then slowly wrote down his order. Then the guy looked at the woman and smiled. Ready to write down her order and hoped it was not crazy like the other one. Senji just sat there smiling at the guy. Okay, so maybe ordering a little bit of everything was nuts. Hey, he was a busy dragon and didn't often spend time with dragons outside of his job.

Kentucky, Jason

Sitting in a chair, he looked down at his leg and stared at it for ten minutes. It still haunted him to this very day. He basically lost it cause he could not save Jane a few years ago. There was an attack on the base, he was staying at with others. The roof of the building he was in collapsed in on him. Crushing his leg and trapping him for a while. They tried to fix it, but things kept happening. Jason and a few others ended up in another world for a time. It made his leg worse and healing was impossible. It got infected and he could have died. When they got back to the real world, it was clear. His leg had to be amputated at this point in order to save him.

Jason sat alone in the old barn and started to cry. Dealing with the dragons back then was hard. Seeing and hearing so many dying and he couldn't do a thing. He misses his friends and the people he has met along the way in his journey. Senji, Mira, Atticus and all those other people that were around the strange ship! It felt good to be in one large group like that. He felt needed for a change and that being a rookie was fine.

Suddenly the dog barked and Jason saw a man in a black suit wearing sunglasses to hide his eyes appearing by the barn doors. Jason wiped his eyes and looked at the man. Who the heck is he? He then got up and approached the man. The guy removed his shades and smiled at Jason.

"Are you Jason Kennedy? "

The man asked in a very deep and forceful tone. Jason nodded and the guy handed him a letter. "Read it over and then call the number on it with your decision". The guy walked away without another word. Who was that some official guy? The old man must have told the guy where to find him. Looking at the letter he could tell this was some kind of letter from the president, but why?
New York, Senji

"There are some things in my past I would rather forget. Painful memories are awful but...they can lead to good ones later. Like when Garvus and his army started attacking everywhere. It was awful for a long time but look at everyone today! Humans and dragons getting along so well. Everyone is happier now and it is amazing!"

After sitting a while a man finally walked over with a small notebook and pen. The guy smiled gently at the two. He then asked them what would they like to have. Senji smiled at the guy and then pouted for a moment. It was going to be hard to choose something. He really hated this, Senji liked all kinds of foods and felt bad not choosing one over the other. Looking at the menu, then up at the guy and smiled.

"Well, I hope this doesn't sound weird. Can I please have a little bit of everything? Almost like a sampler kinda thing? Oh and don't worry I can pay I guess working for the man in charge has a few perks. Oh and some nice ice water would be nice!".

The waiter stared at the dragon for a moment. Then slowly wrote down his order. Then the guy looked at the woman and smiled. Ready to write down her order and hoped it was not crazy like the other one. Senji just sat there smiling at the guy. Okay, so maybe ordering a little bit of everything was nuts. Hey, he was a busy dragon and didn't often spend time with dragons outside of his job.

Kentucky, Jason

Sitting in a chair, he looked down at his leg and stared at it for ten minutes. It still haunted him to this very day. He basically lost it cause he could not save Jane a few years ago. There was an attack on the base, he was staying at with others. The roof of the building he was in collapsed in on him. Crushing his leg and trapping him for a while. They tried to fix it, but things kept happening. Jason and a few others ended up in another world for a time. It made his leg worse and healing was impossible. It got infected and he could have died. When they got back to the real world, it was clear. His leg had to be amputated at this point in order to save him.

Jason sat alone in the old barn and started to cry. Dealing with the dragons back then was hard. Seeing and hearing so many dying and he couldn't do a thing. He misses his friends and the people he has met along the way in his journey. Senji, Mira, Atticus and all those other people that were around the strange ship! It felt good to be in one large group like that. He felt needed for a change and that being a rookie was fine.

Suddenly the dog barked and Jason saw a man in a black suit wearing sunglasses to hide his eyes appearing by the barn doors. Jason wiped his eyes and looked at the man. Who the heck is he? He then got up and approached the man. The guy removed his shades and smiled at Jason.

"Are you Jason Kennedy? "

The man asked in a very deep and forceful tone. Jason nodded and the guy handed him a letter. "Read it over and then call the number on it with your decision". The guy walked away without another word. Who was that some official guy? The old man must have told the guy where to find him. Looking at the letter he could tell this was some kind of letter from the president, but why?
A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
Good things, many devils.
MIRA

Mira couldn't help but giggle listening to 'Nibiru' order his food. He certainly was a dragon especially with an appetite that would put any creature to shame. She was certain this was going to be just an appetizer for him. She skimmed through the menu quickly so she wouldn't keep the man waiting for very long.

"I would like ice cold water for my drink. For my food I think I would enjoy a rare steak and some bread." She didn't really know what she wanted to eat. There wasn't really anything that was frozen except for the ice cream dessert. She figured she would be freezing her food to make it more delectable for her to enjoy. The waiter did seem to be happy that she ordered something relatively normal as he departed.

She then turned her attention back to 'Nibiru', "Nibiru, have you ever been to another world? I wasn't entirely honest with you about what I remember. Before I woke up I remember being with someone escaping a village. But this wasn't a regular village it was like a village before technology. Next thing I know I am in this world or time on a river bank. Everything between and before then I have to recollection of.
MIRA

Mira couldn't help but giggle listening to 'Nibiru' order his food. He certainly was a dragon especially with an appetite that would put any creature to shame. She was certain this was going to be just an appetizer for him. She skimmed through the menu quickly so she wouldn't keep the man waiting for very long.

"I would like ice cold water for my drink. For my food I think I would enjoy a rare steak and some bread." She didn't really know what she wanted to eat. There wasn't really anything that was frozen except for the ice cream dessert. She figured she would be freezing her food to make it more delectable for her to enjoy. The waiter did seem to be happy that she ordered something relatively normal as he departed.

She then turned her attention back to 'Nibiru', "Nibiru, have you ever been to another world? I wasn't entirely honest with you about what I remember. Before I woke up I remember being with someone escaping a village. But this wasn't a regular village it was like a village before technology. Next thing I know I am in this world or time on a river bank. Everything between and before then I have to recollection of.
Tiamat and Arank

Tiamat giggled at Sawyer and his ranting for a moment. She wanted to say something, but let it go for now. It seemed like Kara was just trying to be "friendly". Even if it was making the human upset, she was happy it could just be that. Kara wasn't the most open or welcoming person. But she was nice and very understanding once you got to know her. Sawyer was lucky he was seeing a friendlier side of the woman. Arank rubbed his shoulder for a moment and looked at Sawyer. When he mentioned about the event that happened a few years ago It was hard to forget those times! Granted, he wasn't actually in a cage. Hard to say if he was lucky or unlucky. Getting shot wasn't the greatest feeling he has ever felt. Maybe if he was in one he wouldn't have been hit. Then the events that followed it sure we're not the most enjoyable either.

Tiamat sat for a moment trying to collect her mind together. Brushing the memories of the cages from her mind. "John seems to visit here at least once a month. Typically, they are unscheduled sometimes early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Kara has told me before that he comes to check on us! To make sure father is still making payments on the tower. Not sure why he needs to visit to see that. Sometimes when he visits these strange men in black suits are with him and they search the tower. Not sure what they are looking for, to be honest. They don't say anything to us even when we ask them if they need help.

When I see John I will often try to avoid him. In the past, though he has talked to me, he asks me if I enjoy living here! Even has offered to take me in if I ever need a place to go. It is strange... not sure why he says it
". Tiamat then looked to the side thinking of any other important things or oddities. She then thought of the dragon who was visiting her father. "Havok has never visited here alone, he is normally with John or another dragon. This is the first time I have ever heard of him coming here on his own. I wonder why the dragon is here? Could be here for John?".

Gronk

The man in the suit laughed for a moment at the human. "Of course you have my word! Find the true criminal and the Darbi will be free from all persecution. Hey, maybe the unit will arrive soon then help you both out!". Gronk stared at the man in the suit one more time. Turning and walking away from the guy. He let out a growl as his temper was still very high at the moment. If Rhett wasn't here the dragon might have actually gone after the guy. Holding himself back was really hard but he could normally do it if the human was around. "If I knew this day would turn out like this I would have just kept sleeping! Gahhhhh!". Rubbing the back of his head he then folded his arms. The dragon remembered he was gonna have to change his form again. That really didn't help with his emotions at the moment. "Guess we should get the heck out of here! Maybe start at the plane? Work from there to find this dragon?!".

Changing back into a dragon he growled in a bit of disgust to himself. Stretching a bit he then turned to Rhett. Lowering his right side once again for him. As much as he hated the situation and changing his forms. Part of him liked it a little bit, it was really like old times now. The thought of some dragon causing a mess or causing harm. Brought back some remembrance of the first adventures they had together. Rhett and Gronk both are so very different, but also so very similar. "Well, today is turning out to be really like old times? Yeah?". The blue dragon then let out a light laugh. Gronk wondered what would happen if they found this dragon. Would it be easy? Would there be a fight? For these two war veterans, this should be a piece of cake!

Jax

"I tell you these birdcages...somehow could be linked to that John fella!". Jax then folded his arms as he thought for a moment. He was a smart guy, even if he played around like he was a clueless idiot sometimes. " Jett that man locked dragons up in cages once before. Mostly of fear and bad judgment of them. Who says he won't try to lock the dragons up once again!? My gut is telling me that these cages are meant for dragons, not some big birds. They are so far out here so people don't really see them! Those unmarked ships! I swear there is more than just food on them things. ****!...if they are truly meant for dragons. It is a damn good thing we are heading for the Darbi. I really hope Rhett...can help narrow down what these things are...then...we could maybe stop something from happening? Well, if....they are what I think they are...that is".

Jax didn't want to just jump to one idea just yet. They really didn't have any evidence to prove they are for dragons or belonged to John! But it was hard not to think about it when something so similar happened two years ago. Sitting back down, he sighed. "Who knows, maybe whatever is coming on the horizon won't be as bad? I swear I don't think anything can be worse than Garvus. That dragon really almost won, man if things went a little different we probably wouldn't be here".

Havok & Tiemeth

Tiemeth stood up from his chair slowly with an idea in his mind. "Havok, why don't I introduce you to the human now? Get it done and over with! Looking at what time it is the man should be at his spot by now". Standing up he went to a device with a speaker attached to it on the wall. Staring at it for a good five minutes, remembering how it worked. He pressed the button that went to the speaker near the front door. "Atticus! Please come inside and head up to my office. I have a few things I would like to discuss with you! Oh, and I have someone who I would like you to meet! Please, lock the door after you enter. If you get lost be sure to yell for the witch".

Pressing another button it then unlocked the front door. For the man to enter without needing to get a hold of Kara for it. It was not something the old dragon often did but he was in charge and could do what he wanted. Walking back to his seat the dragon smiled at Havok. "Now we will wait for the human, sure hope he likes you Havok". The red-eyed dragon smiled a bit and nodded." I hope so also...more friends would be nice".
Tiamat and Arank

Tiamat giggled at Sawyer and his ranting for a moment. She wanted to say something, but let it go for now. It seemed like Kara was just trying to be "friendly". Even if it was making the human upset, she was happy it could just be that. Kara wasn't the most open or welcoming person. But she was nice and very understanding once you got to know her. Sawyer was lucky he was seeing a friendlier side of the woman. Arank rubbed his shoulder for a moment and looked at Sawyer. When he mentioned about the event that happened a few years ago It was hard to forget those times! Granted, he wasn't actually in a cage. Hard to say if he was lucky or unlucky. Getting shot wasn't the greatest feeling he has ever felt. Maybe if he was in one he wouldn't have been hit. Then the events that followed it sure we're not the most enjoyable either.

Tiamat sat for a moment trying to collect her mind together. Brushing the memories of the cages from her mind. "John seems to visit here at least once a month. Typically, they are unscheduled sometimes early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Kara has told me before that he comes to check on us! To make sure father is still making payments on the tower. Not sure why he needs to visit to see that. Sometimes when he visits these strange men in black suits are with him and they search the tower. Not sure what they are looking for, to be honest. They don't say anything to us even when we ask them if they need help.

When I see John I will often try to avoid him. In the past, though he has talked to me, he asks me if I enjoy living here! Even has offered to take me in if I ever need a place to go. It is strange... not sure why he says it
". Tiamat then looked to the side thinking of any other important things or oddities. She then thought of the dragon who was visiting her father. "Havok has never visited here alone, he is normally with John or another dragon. This is the first time I have ever heard of him coming here on his own. I wonder why the dragon is here? Could be here for John?".

Gronk

The man in the suit laughed for a moment at the human. "Of course you have my word! Find the true criminal and the Darbi will be free from all persecution. Hey, maybe the unit will arrive soon then help you both out!". Gronk stared at the man in the suit one more time. Turning and walking away from the guy. He let out a growl as his temper was still very high at the moment. If Rhett wasn't here the dragon might have actually gone after the guy. Holding himself back was really hard but he could normally do it if the human was around. "If I knew this day would turn out like this I would have just kept sleeping! Gahhhhh!". Rubbing the back of his head he then folded his arms. The dragon remembered he was gonna have to change his form again. That really didn't help with his emotions at the moment. "Guess we should get the heck out of here! Maybe start at the plane? Work from there to find this dragon?!".

Changing back into a dragon he growled in a bit of disgust to himself. Stretching a bit he then turned to Rhett. Lowering his right side once again for him. As much as he hated the situation and changing his forms. Part of him liked it a little bit, it was really like old times now. The thought of some dragon causing a mess or causing harm. Brought back some remembrance of the first adventures they had together. Rhett and Gronk both are so very different, but also so very similar. "Well, today is turning out to be really like old times? Yeah?". The blue dragon then let out a light laugh. Gronk wondered what would happen if they found this dragon. Would it be easy? Would there be a fight? For these two war veterans, this should be a piece of cake!

Jax

"I tell you these birdcages...somehow could be linked to that John fella!". Jax then folded his arms as he thought for a moment. He was a smart guy, even if he played around like he was a clueless idiot sometimes. " Jett that man locked dragons up in cages once before. Mostly of fear and bad judgment of them. Who says he won't try to lock the dragons up once again!? My gut is telling me that these cages are meant for dragons, not some big birds. They are so far out here so people don't really see them! Those unmarked ships! I swear there is more than just food on them things. ****!...if they are truly meant for dragons. It is a damn good thing we are heading for the Darbi. I really hope Rhett...can help narrow down what these things are...then...we could maybe stop something from happening? Well, if....they are what I think they are...that is".

Jax didn't want to just jump to one idea just yet. They really didn't have any evidence to prove they are for dragons or belonged to John! But it was hard not to think about it when something so similar happened two years ago. Sitting back down, he sighed. "Who knows, maybe whatever is coming on the horizon won't be as bad? I swear I don't think anything can be worse than Garvus. That dragon really almost won, man if things went a little different we probably wouldn't be here".

Havok & Tiemeth

Tiemeth stood up from his chair slowly with an idea in his mind. "Havok, why don't I introduce you to the human now? Get it done and over with! Looking at what time it is the man should be at his spot by now". Standing up he went to a device with a speaker attached to it on the wall. Staring at it for a good five minutes, remembering how it worked. He pressed the button that went to the speaker near the front door. "Atticus! Please come inside and head up to my office. I have a few things I would like to discuss with you! Oh, and I have someone who I would like you to meet! Please, lock the door after you enter. If you get lost be sure to yell for the witch".

Pressing another button it then unlocked the front door. For the man to enter without needing to get a hold of Kara for it. It was not something the old dragon often did but he was in charge and could do what he wanted. Walking back to his seat the dragon smiled at Havok. "Now we will wait for the human, sure hope he likes you Havok". The red-eyed dragon smiled a bit and nodded." I hope so also...more friends would be nice".
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
New York, Senji (Nibiru)

Senji stared at her for a moment trying to think. He couldn't really understand what she was talking about. Village before technology? He then smiled at her and shrugged not knowing what she was talking about. He was remembering about an event that happened years ago. But wasn't sure if it was connected for not? Was she talking about the time before they arrived on Earth? Zoidobi was a world without the advanced tech.

"Sorry, that isn't ringing any bells for me! Village before technology? Hmmm makes me think of Zoidobi! That is the only place that I can think of that doesn't have technology like with Earth. Besides that...I-I really don't know".

As he sat there waiting for the food, the waiter came over with drinks. Smiling he put them down and told the two the orders would be done in about ten minutes. Senji smiled at the guy and looked back at Mira. Then kept thinking of Jason and Jane for some weird reason. Reaching into his pocket again he pulled out the red ribbon again. He couldn't see those two ever again, not after what happened. They think he is dead and it needs to stay that way. It is safer for them this way but still hurts his heart.

"Ya know it sucks when you miss your family but you can never see them again...ever. All I got is this thing and memories. They are nice but man...it sure does stink!"
New York, Senji (Nibiru)

Senji stared at her for a moment trying to think. He couldn't really understand what she was talking about. Village before technology? He then smiled at her and shrugged not knowing what she was talking about. He was remembering about an event that happened years ago. But wasn't sure if it was connected for not? Was she talking about the time before they arrived on Earth? Zoidobi was a world without the advanced tech.

"Sorry, that isn't ringing any bells for me! Village before technology? Hmmm makes me think of Zoidobi! That is the only place that I can think of that doesn't have technology like with Earth. Besides that...I-I really don't know".

As he sat there waiting for the food, the waiter came over with drinks. Smiling he put them down and told the two the orders would be done in about ten minutes. Senji smiled at the guy and looked back at Mira. Then kept thinking of Jason and Jane for some weird reason. Reaching into his pocket again he pulled out the red ribbon again. He couldn't see those two ever again, not after what happened. They think he is dead and it needs to stay that way. It is safer for them this way but still hurts his heart.

"Ya know it sucks when you miss your family but you can never see them again...ever. All I got is this thing and memories. They are nice but man...it sure does stink!"
Sawyer

Sawyer leaned back and listened intently to Tiamat's words regarding what she knew about Zermack and his connection to the Dokusei, particularly to the tower they reside in. Constantly visiting personally to keep up to date on payments? Certainly sounded like a diversionary explanation to cover up more nefarious reasons...

"So he brought some government agents with him in the past as well, snoopin' around for somethin'... Yeah... somethin' tells me he's been doin' a lot more business than they've been lettin' on... And he's made clear offers to take you back with him? More than once? Forgive me if that doesn't so so good to me either." That last part about Havok never coming alone before got his attention as well.

"Zermack's been workin' on that whole nation-wide dragon party thing... There's a chance he just didn't have the time but wanted to get another 'visit' in... but it likely ain't so simple. Twenty bucks says this is part of their plan somehow. Everythin' Zermack's been doin' has had some purpose to it, I'm certain of it. From everythin' I've seen, he never does anything this big just on a whim or for some innocuous reason. He's got a plot... and all this info is just further proof that I ain't spoutin' a bunch'a bull either. Now if we could only find a way to figure out what he's doin' right about now we might get some actual evidence..."

---

Atticus

The security guard felt like he nearly had a stroke upon hearing Tiemeth's voice booming through the front door's speakers. It was rare enough an occurrence for the dragon to contact him like that at all, but to summon him for a meeting in his office? That felt nearly unheard of... What on Earth did the guy want to talk to him about? And he wanted him to meet someone too? Hopefully it wasn't Sawyer and Arank... he'd hate for this to infer that they bungled up their plan somehow. Whatever the case, Atticus knew it was best not to keep Tiemeth waiting, rushing over to the entrance, cautiously looking upon his now-unmanned post for a moment before stepping inside of the tower.

God, this place still gave him the creeps. It was like an endless Halloween on overdrive in these halls... Such was the way of the vast majority of the Dokusei clan though, they had quite the penchant for the macabre. It still baffled him sometimes to think Tiamat was technically royalty to such a group...

Attempting to ward off his anxieties for the time being, Atticus merely worked his way up the stairs, fairly certain he knew the way to Tiemeth's office. He didn't want to have to call for Kara, she might've been busy doing something akin to their plan... and even then, if worst came to worst, he didn't want to implicate her in the whole debacle. No point in throwing anyone under the bus for this...

Fortunately, Atticus' sense of direction proved apt enough, and he soon found himself standing at Tiemeth's office, knocking at the door before cautiously moving to enter.

"You... wanted to see me, sir?" he said, before he could even notice the other individual in the room.

---

Rhett

Rhett could always sense when Gronk was struggling with his self-restraint, and by no means was this latest interaction an exception to that. They were both certainly quite lucky he was here. This suspicious man in black wouldn't have had the chance to finish that last statement with all his teeth intact.

"Getting out of here's certainly a good first course'a action, I'll say," Rhett said to Gronk with a nod as they walked away from the base. "The plane's a good place to start looking, maybe we missed something... also... I know it sucks to deal with this kinda garbage, but, better we dealt with this now, outside of the village. I'd hate for our neighbors to have to get roped into any of this. If we're lucky we'll be able to resolve this whole situation before any of them even find out about it in the first place." Wishful thinking, no doubt, but, no harm in mixing a little idealism with all this latest cynicism.

As Gronk transformed again, Rhett swiftly got back on top of the dragon, already readjusted to the whole dragon-riding thing now after that last flight. It was like riding a bike, really, it all just instinctively clicked back in his mind.

"Getting more like old times by the minute, you're not wrong about that..." He was still on the fence about whether that was really a good thing or not of course...

---

Jett

"Well like I said, if it ever got as bad as the Garvus situation, this world would probably just crumble. Anyway... You make a good point about those cages. It's almost like he's got himself some kind of dragon-gulag in the works. I mean, if they're dragon sized, it kinda seems obvious what purpose they serve, wouldn't you think?" Jett said, shrugging at his own words.

"Pure speculation of course without proper evidence, but I suppose Rhett has proven quite adept at finding proof. I mean, the man's no Sherlock, but he does some good detecting when he needs to, from what I've seen... Kinda wish we had some photographic evidence of those cages though, that would be pretty helpful in the whole evidence department as well. Not that I doubt you guys, but, others might not be so generous. Not everyone knows of his history of incarcerating dragons, so he doesn't need to put forth quite as much of a herculean effort to cover his tracks. His power and influence are good enough to fudge up quite a bit..."
Sawyer

Sawyer leaned back and listened intently to Tiamat's words regarding what she knew about Zermack and his connection to the Dokusei, particularly to the tower they reside in. Constantly visiting personally to keep up to date on payments? Certainly sounded like a diversionary explanation to cover up more nefarious reasons...

"So he brought some government agents with him in the past as well, snoopin' around for somethin'... Yeah... somethin' tells me he's been doin' a lot more business than they've been lettin' on... And he's made clear offers to take you back with him? More than once? Forgive me if that doesn't so so good to me either." That last part about Havok never coming alone before got his attention as well.

"Zermack's been workin' on that whole nation-wide dragon party thing... There's a chance he just didn't have the time but wanted to get another 'visit' in... but it likely ain't so simple. Twenty bucks says this is part of their plan somehow. Everythin' Zermack's been doin' has had some purpose to it, I'm certain of it. From everythin' I've seen, he never does anything this big just on a whim or for some innocuous reason. He's got a plot... and all this info is just further proof that I ain't spoutin' a bunch'a bull either. Now if we could only find a way to figure out what he's doin' right about now we might get some actual evidence..."

---

Atticus

The security guard felt like he nearly had a stroke upon hearing Tiemeth's voice booming through the front door's speakers. It was rare enough an occurrence for the dragon to contact him like that at all, but to summon him for a meeting in his office? That felt nearly unheard of... What on Earth did the guy want to talk to him about? And he wanted him to meet someone too? Hopefully it wasn't Sawyer and Arank... he'd hate for this to infer that they bungled up their plan somehow. Whatever the case, Atticus knew it was best not to keep Tiemeth waiting, rushing over to the entrance, cautiously looking upon his now-unmanned post for a moment before stepping inside of the tower.

God, this place still gave him the creeps. It was like an endless Halloween on overdrive in these halls... Such was the way of the vast majority of the Dokusei clan though, they had quite the penchant for the macabre. It still baffled him sometimes to think Tiamat was technically royalty to such a group...

Attempting to ward off his anxieties for the time being, Atticus merely worked his way up the stairs, fairly certain he knew the way to Tiemeth's office. He didn't want to have to call for Kara, she might've been busy doing something akin to their plan... and even then, if worst came to worst, he didn't want to implicate her in the whole debacle. No point in throwing anyone under the bus for this...

Fortunately, Atticus' sense of direction proved apt enough, and he soon found himself standing at Tiemeth's office, knocking at the door before cautiously moving to enter.

"You... wanted to see me, sir?" he said, before he could even notice the other individual in the room.

---

Rhett

Rhett could always sense when Gronk was struggling with his self-restraint, and by no means was this latest interaction an exception to that. They were both certainly quite lucky he was here. This suspicious man in black wouldn't have had the chance to finish that last statement with all his teeth intact.

"Getting out of here's certainly a good first course'a action, I'll say," Rhett said to Gronk with a nod as they walked away from the base. "The plane's a good place to start looking, maybe we missed something... also... I know it sucks to deal with this kinda garbage, but, better we dealt with this now, outside of the village. I'd hate for our neighbors to have to get roped into any of this. If we're lucky we'll be able to resolve this whole situation before any of them even find out about it in the first place." Wishful thinking, no doubt, but, no harm in mixing a little idealism with all this latest cynicism.

As Gronk transformed again, Rhett swiftly got back on top of the dragon, already readjusted to the whole dragon-riding thing now after that last flight. It was like riding a bike, really, it all just instinctively clicked back in his mind.

"Getting more like old times by the minute, you're not wrong about that..." He was still on the fence about whether that was really a good thing or not of course...

---

Jett

"Well like I said, if it ever got as bad as the Garvus situation, this world would probably just crumble. Anyway... You make a good point about those cages. It's almost like he's got himself some kind of dragon-gulag in the works. I mean, if they're dragon sized, it kinda seems obvious what purpose they serve, wouldn't you think?" Jett said, shrugging at his own words.

"Pure speculation of course without proper evidence, but I suppose Rhett has proven quite adept at finding proof. I mean, the man's no Sherlock, but he does some good detecting when he needs to, from what I've seen... Kinda wish we had some photographic evidence of those cages though, that would be pretty helpful in the whole evidence department as well. Not that I doubt you guys, but, others might not be so generous. Not everyone knows of his history of incarcerating dragons, so he doesn't need to put forth quite as much of a herculean effort to cover his tracks. His power and influence are good enough to fudge up quite a bit..."
MIRA

"Zoidobi? I suppose that would make the most sense. I think there was another dragon or two present while I was there. It was hard to tell since we were more or less stuck in human form at the time."

She smiled at the waiter as he dropped off the drinks. She grabbed the cup and the water almost immediately froze upon contact. She had intentionally froze it as she looked across the table. He seemed quite attached to ribbon and she had plenty of questions. She pulled the now block of ice from the cup and took a bite of it.

"Why is it you cannot see your family again? Surely you should be able to go and see them. I also must say that ribbon of yours looks very familiar. The way you look and that ribbon I would argue that you were in fact connected to my past somehow." She said with a serious look coming across her face. She had no evidence besides a hunch regarding him so she watched his reaction.
MIRA

"Zoidobi? I suppose that would make the most sense. I think there was another dragon or two present while I was there. It was hard to tell since we were more or less stuck in human form at the time."

She smiled at the waiter as he dropped off the drinks. She grabbed the cup and the water almost immediately froze upon contact. She had intentionally froze it as she looked across the table. He seemed quite attached to ribbon and she had plenty of questions. She pulled the now block of ice from the cup and took a bite of it.

"Why is it you cannot see your family again? Surely you should be able to go and see them. I also must say that ribbon of yours looks very familiar. The way you look and that ribbon I would argue that you were in fact connected to my past somehow." She said with a serious look coming across her face. She had no evidence besides a hunch regarding him so she watched his reaction.
Tiamat,Kara and Arank

Tiamat sat still trying to work things out in her head. Something felt weird and was distracting, she could sense Atticus above her inside the tower. Why was he inside!? The door on the other side of the room then opened. Making the green-eyed girl jump in her seat. Kara was pushing a large metal cart, it had different kinds of foods and drinks on it. Three large glass pitchers filled with ice-cold beverages and glass cups clinked together as she pushed the cart. Once she got to the end of the table where the three are. She then started to put everything on the table near them. "Oh! Thank you!" Arank said to the woman as he took a few pieces of food. Mostly of a few pieces cheese and meat. Arank sat quietly as he chewed, the young dragon was very hungry. It was helping him stay busy and ignore the urge to spout out nonsense.

An idea then popped into his head but it was not the safest of an idea. He was thinking of spying on the dragons upstairs. He could go invisible for a short time and to hear what he could. Havok was in the building he was linked to John, right? That dragon could have some information they needed. He didn't want to mention it in front of Kara though. The last thing he wanted was to get her upset. Kara then sat down next to Sawyer and just kept quiet. She already seemed very tired despite the day not even being near the end. The woman had been up most of the night. She has been working on a project and keeping an eye on everything down under the tower.

" Kara do you know anything about John? Maybe anything strange or odd?". Tiamat asked once it seemed like the woman was settled in. The dark-haired woman then adjusted in her seat. A serious look came over her face as she thought. "Well...with one of his most recent visits, I found a paper left behind, I assumed dropped by one of our wandering guests. It has a list of detailed information on what we are doing in the tower. Like they are watching us like wild animals. They also seem interested in the locked elevator door, but they should know there is nothing but bodies down there.

Only three of us are allowed to go down below at the moment, John knows it! But his men seem to think something else is here. Also on the other side of the paper is a list of names. Some I recognize but others I do not. Tiamat is on the list and along with her parents. Next to her name is a star not sure why though...it concerns me. Others have shapes next to the names as well. Her parents just have checks next to their names
".

Tiemeth & Havok

"Thank you for arriving with great haste, don't worry you are not in any trouble. Atticus, please come sit. There is a spot next to my friend. I would like you to meet him before he leaves for a bit". The dragon gestured a hand toward another chair that was next to the red-eyed dragon. Tiemeth shifted his eyes from the two of them. "Havok meet Atticus and well Atticus meet Havok. I am sure you have seen this dragon a few times entering from time to time? My wonderful little human friend, John, could not make it today. So we have been given the honor to have his dragon here instead. In fact, he may visit more often, like tonight when he returns. Having this dragon around adds safety for this tower and for my daughter. I am sure John feels the same way!". Havok only smiled at the human not offering his hand. His red eyes were like knives as he tried to stare at the human's eyes." It is a pleasure to meet you, sir! Hope we can be friends or at least be trusted allies soon".

The dragon smiled, then turned away to look at the dragon in front. "Indeed! The tower and those in it are very important to him. Even..your...guard here! He keeps nosy little rats away. No one steals anything and no one tries to harm this place... I mean...you are the Dokusei what idiot would even try?". Tiemeth sat back in his chair and nodded, then looked at the human. Then got right to the main point of having the human up here. "Atticus I was wondering if you wanted an increase in pay? Also, another area to keep watch? You would still need to check the front as usual. The increase in pay would be about ten dollars more than what you get now. The new area will involve the basement floors".

Reaching down into the drawer attached to the desk he pulled out a large black key and placed it on top the desk. Looking at the human he leaned forward and stared at him. "If you accept this key then it will belong to you. It can open the main front door, most of the rooms up here, the locked elevator door and most doors below the tower. So you will be allowed to enter the tower without assistance. I trust you human, by giving you this key it keeps the tower safer".

Tiemeth wasn't giving full details as to why he was offering this to the human. In fact, he didn't want to say much in front of Havok. The dragon had a few secrets and was being careful not to trigger anything. When the president's dragon would leave he would give the human a bit more details. Tiemeth wasn't stupid, he kept a few things hidden from John. He knew the red-haired human was a sneaky snake. Also, his dragon seems just as bad. As long as the red-eyed dragon was here he was going to play his act. Tiemeth, in fact, trusted the guard more than this dragon, to be honest. The smell coming off of Havok was not good. The smell of old blood was all over the creature.

Gronk

The blue dragon spread his wings and with a short run, he took to the sky. Staying a bit lower than they were before. Just so they could see things better. Gronk tried to keep watch for any sign of a dragon or human below. Heading for the wrecked plane once again. Not saying a word as they approached the place. He then landed near it and once again lowered his side for the human. Sniffing the air the dragon couldn't smell anything obvious. Nothing but sand, dust, plants and a faint smell of gas. They might have to fan out and maybe split up to cover more ground.

"Rhett, what do you want to do? split up? or stick together? Not sure what to look for, to be honest. I can't smell another dragon and there really is nothing to work with but the plane. Wonder if the dragon found a place to hide out for the day?". The dragon kept sniffing the ground and air trying to pick up something. Turning back to a human the dragon stretched a bit. Changing forms was really starting to do a number on him. Not doing it for a long time. Then suddenly repeatedly doing it was driving his body nuts. It was starting to make him feel a bit tired and lose focus. Walking over to the plane the dragon stared at it. Then looked into the distance at the rocky and sandy environment. "So...Rhett, what was that radio call about? Jax up to something? Sure would like to see that big ugly face of his!".

Jax

Rubbing his head he then sighed into his hands. All this talk of John starting something bad and etc. Was making the man's stomach twist and turn. The captain then tried to put an end to the conversation for now. " Well, for now, we are stuck, all we can do is wait. Our moment will come we just have to have some patience. I think we should continue all this with Rhett and Gronk. Who knows maybe they seen some weird things also?". Grabbing the bottle of rum he had still. Then he rubbed one of his temples and let out a sigh. "I am going to get some rest before I go nuts! Hate to cut things like this.

As of right now, I am placing you in charge. If ya wanna try to make this old girl go faster, go ahead! Wanna try chatting with Rhett on the radio be my guest! Do whatever you would like!
". Jax then handed the man a bunch of keys that were hooked on a rope. Each of them went to something on the ship like doors or locked crates. Weapons bay, medical bay, engine room and etc."I don't think the men will give you a hard time. If the phone rings on that wall you answer it! Sam could call with more information. Wake me up if you need anything or when my dear girl calls back!".
Tiamat,Kara and Arank

Tiamat sat still trying to work things out in her head. Something felt weird and was distracting, she could sense Atticus above her inside the tower. Why was he inside!? The door on the other side of the room then opened. Making the green-eyed girl jump in her seat. Kara was pushing a large metal cart, it had different kinds of foods and drinks on it. Three large glass pitchers filled with ice-cold beverages and glass cups clinked together as she pushed the cart. Once she got to the end of the table where the three are. She then started to put everything on the table near them. "Oh! Thank you!" Arank said to the woman as he took a few pieces of food. Mostly of a few pieces cheese and meat. Arank sat quietly as he chewed, the young dragon was very hungry. It was helping him stay busy and ignore the urge to spout out nonsense.

An idea then popped into his head but it was not the safest of an idea. He was thinking of spying on the dragons upstairs. He could go invisible for a short time and to hear what he could. Havok was in the building he was linked to John, right? That dragon could have some information they needed. He didn't want to mention it in front of Kara though. The last thing he wanted was to get her upset. Kara then sat down next to Sawyer and just kept quiet. She already seemed very tired despite the day not even being near the end. The woman had been up most of the night. She has been working on a project and keeping an eye on everything down under the tower.

" Kara do you know anything about John? Maybe anything strange or odd?". Tiamat asked once it seemed like the woman was settled in. The dark-haired woman then adjusted in her seat. A serious look came over her face as she thought. "Well...with one of his most recent visits, I found a paper left behind, I assumed dropped by one of our wandering guests. It has a list of detailed information on what we are doing in the tower. Like they are watching us like wild animals. They also seem interested in the locked elevator door, but they should know there is nothing but bodies down there.

Only three of us are allowed to go down below at the moment, John knows it! But his men seem to think something else is here. Also on the other side of the paper is a list of names. Some I recognize but others I do not. Tiamat is on the list and along with her parents. Next to her name is a star not sure why though...it concerns me. Others have shapes next to the names as well. Her parents just have checks next to their names
".

Tiemeth & Havok

"Thank you for arriving with great haste, don't worry you are not in any trouble. Atticus, please come sit. There is a spot next to my friend. I would like you to meet him before he leaves for a bit". The dragon gestured a hand toward another chair that was next to the red-eyed dragon. Tiemeth shifted his eyes from the two of them. "Havok meet Atticus and well Atticus meet Havok. I am sure you have seen this dragon a few times entering from time to time? My wonderful little human friend, John, could not make it today. So we have been given the honor to have his dragon here instead. In fact, he may visit more often, like tonight when he returns. Having this dragon around adds safety for this tower and for my daughter. I am sure John feels the same way!". Havok only smiled at the human not offering his hand. His red eyes were like knives as he tried to stare at the human's eyes." It is a pleasure to meet you, sir! Hope we can be friends or at least be trusted allies soon".

The dragon smiled, then turned away to look at the dragon in front. "Indeed! The tower and those in it are very important to him. Even..your...guard here! He keeps nosy little rats away. No one steals anything and no one tries to harm this place... I mean...you are the Dokusei what idiot would even try?". Tiemeth sat back in his chair and nodded, then looked at the human. Then got right to the main point of having the human up here. "Atticus I was wondering if you wanted an increase in pay? Also, another area to keep watch? You would still need to check the front as usual. The increase in pay would be about ten dollars more than what you get now. The new area will involve the basement floors".

Reaching down into the drawer attached to the desk he pulled out a large black key and placed it on top the desk. Looking at the human he leaned forward and stared at him. "If you accept this key then it will belong to you. It can open the main front door, most of the rooms up here, the locked elevator door and most doors below the tower. So you will be allowed to enter the tower without assistance. I trust you human, by giving you this key it keeps the tower safer".

Tiemeth wasn't giving full details as to why he was offering this to the human. In fact, he didn't want to say much in front of Havok. The dragon had a few secrets and was being careful not to trigger anything. When the president's dragon would leave he would give the human a bit more details. Tiemeth wasn't stupid, he kept a few things hidden from John. He knew the red-haired human was a sneaky snake. Also, his dragon seems just as bad. As long as the red-eyed dragon was here he was going to play his act. Tiemeth, in fact, trusted the guard more than this dragon, to be honest. The smell coming off of Havok was not good. The smell of old blood was all over the creature.

Gronk

The blue dragon spread his wings and with a short run, he took to the sky. Staying a bit lower than they were before. Just so they could see things better. Gronk tried to keep watch for any sign of a dragon or human below. Heading for the wrecked plane once again. Not saying a word as they approached the place. He then landed near it and once again lowered his side for the human. Sniffing the air the dragon couldn't smell anything obvious. Nothing but sand, dust, plants and a faint smell of gas. They might have to fan out and maybe split up to cover more ground.

"Rhett, what do you want to do? split up? or stick together? Not sure what to look for, to be honest. I can't smell another dragon and there really is nothing to work with but the plane. Wonder if the dragon found a place to hide out for the day?". The dragon kept sniffing the ground and air trying to pick up something. Turning back to a human the dragon stretched a bit. Changing forms was really starting to do a number on him. Not doing it for a long time. Then suddenly repeatedly doing it was driving his body nuts. It was starting to make him feel a bit tired and lose focus. Walking over to the plane the dragon stared at it. Then looked into the distance at the rocky and sandy environment. "So...Rhett, what was that radio call about? Jax up to something? Sure would like to see that big ugly face of his!".

Jax

Rubbing his head he then sighed into his hands. All this talk of John starting something bad and etc. Was making the man's stomach twist and turn. The captain then tried to put an end to the conversation for now. " Well, for now, we are stuck, all we can do is wait. Our moment will come we just have to have some patience. I think we should continue all this with Rhett and Gronk. Who knows maybe they seen some weird things also?". Grabbing the bottle of rum he had still. Then he rubbed one of his temples and let out a sigh. "I am going to get some rest before I go nuts! Hate to cut things like this.

As of right now, I am placing you in charge. If ya wanna try to make this old girl go faster, go ahead! Wanna try chatting with Rhett on the radio be my guest! Do whatever you would like!
". Jax then handed the man a bunch of keys that were hooked on a rope. Each of them went to something on the ship like doors or locked crates. Weapons bay, medical bay, engine room and etc."I don't think the men will give you a hard time. If the phone rings on that wall you answer it! Sam could call with more information. Wake me up if you need anything or when my dear girl calls back!".

New York, Senji (Nibiru)

Senji sat still with a frown on his face as he thought. Part of him was starting to freak out. So he just tried to not lose his cool. This dragon called Mira really looked like the one he knew. The hair was different he really wasn't sure. The only way it would be the same as if she remembered Jason and Jane. But how was he gonna bring them up? He needed to be smart about this. Breaking himself out of his deep thought he smiled.

" Oh, my family and I had fallen out kinda thing. They wouldn't like it if I came back. Sorta had to do something and break our bonds in a very...bad manner. Plus my job keeps me from really having much free time. They live very, very far away from here, would be difficult to even try. "

Looking away for a moment he then saw the food coming. Then smiled again at the female dragon. This was weird, how could he be involved with her past? He was very confused and a bit worried. If his cover named was blown it would an issue. He then put the ribbon away for the moment. The food was then placed on the table for the two. Senji thanked the man and then looked back at the dragon.

" Maybe I remind you of someone in your past.? Not necessarily involved? Maybe? The ribbon is just a silly item I carry around. It belongs to a girl who I don't see any more. Plus the only time I was in Zoidobi I was a dragon, so I don't know the whole..stuck as a human issue. Any idea of what those others looked like? Hair color? Oh, maybe a guess of names if you can try?".

He then grabbed one of his many plates and started to eat. Trying to make sure his mouth was full so he didn't say something stupid. With a few nods, he like the first bits he was tasting. It was wonderful and melted in his mouth. But nothing could compare to Jason cooking. Oh, he missed that guy's cooking so bad!

New York, Senji (Nibiru)

Senji sat still with a frown on his face as he thought. Part of him was starting to freak out. So he just tried to not lose his cool. This dragon called Mira really looked like the one he knew. The hair was different he really wasn't sure. The only way it would be the same as if she remembered Jason and Jane. But how was he gonna bring them up? He needed to be smart about this. Breaking himself out of his deep thought he smiled.

" Oh, my family and I had fallen out kinda thing. They wouldn't like it if I came back. Sorta had to do something and break our bonds in a very...bad manner. Plus my job keeps me from really having much free time. They live very, very far away from here, would be difficult to even try. "

Looking away for a moment he then saw the food coming. Then smiled again at the female dragon. This was weird, how could he be involved with her past? He was very confused and a bit worried. If his cover named was blown it would an issue. He then put the ribbon away for the moment. The food was then placed on the table for the two. Senji thanked the man and then looked back at the dragon.

" Maybe I remind you of someone in your past.? Not necessarily involved? Maybe? The ribbon is just a silly item I carry around. It belongs to a girl who I don't see any more. Plus the only time I was in Zoidobi I was a dragon, so I don't know the whole..stuck as a human issue. Any idea of what those others looked like? Hair color? Oh, maybe a guess of names if you can try?".

He then grabbed one of his many plates and started to eat. Trying to make sure his mouth was full so he didn't say something stupid. With a few nods, he like the first bits he was tasting. It was wonderful and melted in his mouth. But nothing could compare to Jason cooking. Oh, he missed that guy's cooking so bad!
Atticus

Stepping further into the office to take a seat, as was offered to him, Atticus turned his focus over to Havok upon Tiemeth's introductions. He certainly felt uneasy, sitting next to this particularly infamous dragon... infamous to those who knew even an inkling of his past at least. Still, Havok held authority, a particularly high level of it, and from the way he was looking at the human, Atticus suspected the dragon was quite aware of that fact. That glare of his was harsh, but Atticus refused to let it dominate over him. He simply stared right back, not daring to let his eyes sway, refusing to relent to this creature's presence.

"Yes... Allies are... certainly welcome. An honest comradery is always for the better," he said, sternly. Thankfully, Havok broke off that unnerving glance as he looked back to Tiemeth, and Atticus gradually followed suit as he simply listened to the dragons chat. Yet, soon enough he was brought back into conversation as the head of the Dokusei suddenly brought up an offer that seemed... perhaps even more unexpected than this summoning.

Extra pay... monitoring the basement? As in the most reserved spot in a tower that was by its very nature forbidden by the general public? He wanted Atticus to look over it? And he was offering a key? This was... so very surreal to the security guard. He thought Tiemeth hated his guts, yet here he was, saying he trusted him... There was something going on here, but the exact purpose was escaping him. Still, the way Tiemeth was now staring at him as he brought up this proposition reminded him that, despite the bitter connection between the two, he still trusted Tiamat's father far more than the individual sitting next to him at that moment... and he obviously had some greater motive if he was doing this... Atticus just hoped it was a motive that was in his best interests...

"Oh... w-well, certainly, sir. It would be an honor to accept this extra responsibility, I'd be happy to do more for the Dokusei after all, it's a great privilege to even be asked," Atticus said, though he kept it at that. Call it a hunch, but the human suspected Tiemeth had more to say, but maybe a certain third party needed to be gone before he'd spit it out.

---

Sawyer

Sawyer was going to say something to Tiamat upon noticing she suddenly looked rather concerned, but before he could get the words out, Kara suddenly dropped in with some very appealing catering. It served to remind him that he hadn't eaten for a while, and he was happy to correct that. It looked like the other two were similarly eager for a meal as well, so he was quick to dig in. Nonetheless, as he ate, he intently listened into the explanation Kara gave regarding what she knew about John's latest actions and potential motives.

So he was getting particularly nosy as of late... recording information on the tower... and marking names? This was starting to get really, really suspicious... Clearly his own concerns from before were more than just simple paranoia.

"A list of names... and some with different marks on 'em than others... I hate to be alarmin' but that almost sounds like a damn hit-list to me. What the hell would he be wantin' from Tiamat in particular? It ain't about that... situation in Zoidobi, you don't think?" Sawyer only knew so much about Tiamat's particular quirks, but considering he was one of the few dragged into that chaotic world those years ago, he'd at least figured out along the way that the dragon had some hidden talents... the likes of which he wouldn't be surprised if particular individuals tried to get their hands on whatever it was.

---

Rhett

The ex-soldier carefully dismounted from Gronk upon their arrival back at the crash site, taking a moment to inspect it some more, but he felt a bit of a wooziness as the dragon shifted to human form again. All that transformation after such a long time, that had to have been exhaustion he was picking up from his pact partner...

"I think it's best we stick together, Gronk... You're getting tired, I can tell, changing back and forth like that. I don't need you getting ambushed by this dragon, wherever it is, because you were a little out of it... No, best we keep close. Whoever this perp is, he's likely some serious business... I mean, he didn't even leave any blatant dragon markings on his kill... He must have some of that... what... elemental magic stuff... and if it was enough to crash a jet, we might be dealing with a real mess of things pretty quickly.

When Gronk mentioned Jax, Rhett chuckled a bit despite the disconcerting circumstances. "Well, the guy chickened out and had that kid, Jett, speak on his behalf. Old space pirate hasn't changed so much I guess... But they said they wanted to drop by, said they found something suspicious and wanted to talk to us about it... Heck, might be connected to what we're doing right now if we're lucky. Hopefully either way they'll get here soon. We could use the extra help rooting out our dragon suspect..."

---

Jett

"Well you certainly look pretty exhausted, though I doubt the booze has helped there, y'know?" Jett had said to Jax, but before he could comment any further, the captain of the ship was suddenly placing him in charge of the crew... with the keys and everything. Jett's eyes widened as he cautiously took the keys in disbelief.

"You're just... handing control of the ship to me? I mean ah... It's an honor, man, but... I'm kinda surprised you trust me to take charge in your stead... I'll ah... I'll do my best at least." He almost felt a little feverish with all the responsibility being placed on his shoulders, but if this borderline alcoholic could keep this ship going, surely he could figure it out for a little bit too...

"I'll let you know about Sam if she contacts us or gets here, for sure... You just... you get your rest, Jax, while you can get it, alright? Lord knows how things are gonna turn out after all, this might be your best and last chance," he said before seeking out the ship's microphone and preparing to speak into it.

"Ah, attention, crew, this is Jett Cambridge. Captain Jax is temporarily handing control of the ship over to me, though I plan for us to stay the course... or rather, let's see if we can pick up the pace and get to the Mojave a little faster, huh?" Maybe not the most inspiring first command, but... hopefully it would do.
Atticus

Stepping further into the office to take a seat, as was offered to him, Atticus turned his focus over to Havok upon Tiemeth's introductions. He certainly felt uneasy, sitting next to this particularly infamous dragon... infamous to those who knew even an inkling of his past at least. Still, Havok held authority, a particularly high level of it, and from the way he was looking at the human, Atticus suspected the dragon was quite aware of that fact. That glare of his was harsh, but Atticus refused to let it dominate over him. He simply stared right back, not daring to let his eyes sway, refusing to relent to this creature's presence.

"Yes... Allies are... certainly welcome. An honest comradery is always for the better," he said, sternly. Thankfully, Havok broke off that unnerving glance as he looked back to Tiemeth, and Atticus gradually followed suit as he simply listened to the dragons chat. Yet, soon enough he was brought back into conversation as the head of the Dokusei suddenly brought up an offer that seemed... perhaps even more unexpected than this summoning.

Extra pay... monitoring the basement? As in the most reserved spot in a tower that was by its very nature forbidden by the general public? He wanted Atticus to look over it? And he was offering a key? This was... so very surreal to the security guard. He thought Tiemeth hated his guts, yet here he was, saying he trusted him... There was something going on here, but the exact purpose was escaping him. Still, the way Tiemeth was now staring at him as he brought up this proposition reminded him that, despite the bitter connection between the two, he still trusted Tiamat's father far more than the individual sitting next to him at that moment... and he obviously had some greater motive if he was doing this... Atticus just hoped it was a motive that was in his best interests...

"Oh... w-well, certainly, sir. It would be an honor to accept this extra responsibility, I'd be happy to do more for the Dokusei after all, it's a great privilege to even be asked," Atticus said, though he kept it at that. Call it a hunch, but the human suspected Tiemeth had more to say, but maybe a certain third party needed to be gone before he'd spit it out.

---

Sawyer

Sawyer was going to say something to Tiamat upon noticing she suddenly looked rather concerned, but before he could get the words out, Kara suddenly dropped in with some very appealing catering. It served to remind him that he hadn't eaten for a while, and he was happy to correct that. It looked like the other two were similarly eager for a meal as well, so he was quick to dig in. Nonetheless, as he ate, he intently listened into the explanation Kara gave regarding what she knew about John's latest actions and potential motives.

So he was getting particularly nosy as of late... recording information on the tower... and marking names? This was starting to get really, really suspicious... Clearly his own concerns from before were more than just simple paranoia.

"A list of names... and some with different marks on 'em than others... I hate to be alarmin' but that almost sounds like a damn hit-list to me. What the hell would he be wantin' from Tiamat in particular? It ain't about that... situation in Zoidobi, you don't think?" Sawyer only knew so much about Tiamat's particular quirks, but considering he was one of the few dragged into that chaotic world those years ago, he'd at least figured out along the way that the dragon had some hidden talents... the likes of which he wouldn't be surprised if particular individuals tried to get their hands on whatever it was.

---

Rhett

The ex-soldier carefully dismounted from Gronk upon their arrival back at the crash site, taking a moment to inspect it some more, but he felt a bit of a wooziness as the dragon shifted to human form again. All that transformation after such a long time, that had to have been exhaustion he was picking up from his pact partner...

"I think it's best we stick together, Gronk... You're getting tired, I can tell, changing back and forth like that. I don't need you getting ambushed by this dragon, wherever it is, because you were a little out of it... No, best we keep close. Whoever this perp is, he's likely some serious business... I mean, he didn't even leave any blatant dragon markings on his kill... He must have some of that... what... elemental magic stuff... and if it was enough to crash a jet, we might be dealing with a real mess of things pretty quickly.

When Gronk mentioned Jax, Rhett chuckled a bit despite the disconcerting circumstances. "Well, the guy chickened out and had that kid, Jett, speak on his behalf. Old space pirate hasn't changed so much I guess... But they said they wanted to drop by, said they found something suspicious and wanted to talk to us about it... Heck, might be connected to what we're doing right now if we're lucky. Hopefully either way they'll get here soon. We could use the extra help rooting out our dragon suspect..."

---

Jett

"Well you certainly look pretty exhausted, though I doubt the booze has helped there, y'know?" Jett had said to Jax, but before he could comment any further, the captain of the ship was suddenly placing him in charge of the crew... with the keys and everything. Jett's eyes widened as he cautiously took the keys in disbelief.

"You're just... handing control of the ship to me? I mean ah... It's an honor, man, but... I'm kinda surprised you trust me to take charge in your stead... I'll ah... I'll do my best at least." He almost felt a little feverish with all the responsibility being placed on his shoulders, but if this borderline alcoholic could keep this ship going, surely he could figure it out for a little bit too...

"I'll let you know about Sam if she contacts us or gets here, for sure... You just... you get your rest, Jax, while you can get it, alright? Lord knows how things are gonna turn out after all, this might be your best and last chance," he said before seeking out the ship's microphone and preparing to speak into it.

"Ah, attention, crew, this is Jett Cambridge. Captain Jax is temporarily handing control of the ship over to me, though I plan for us to stay the course... or rather, let's see if we can pick up the pace and get to the Mojave a little faster, huh?" Maybe not the most inspiring first command, but... hopefully it would do.
Tiemeth & Havok

Smiling the old dragon heard what he wanted to hear. "Very good, Atticus! In a bit, I will give the tour of the bottom floors and fill you in on the rules". Tiemeth then looked at Havok for a moment, the two stared at each other. He then tossed the key to Atticus, and then ajusted himself to sit more comfortably. Havok looked at the key, then at the human again. The dragon was curious about all this, he wanted to ask questions. But didn't want to push it. Havok could mess this up, he had to be careful. Tiemeth could take back, letting him go out for dinner with Tiamat. So far everything was going to plan, just like John wanted. Havok couldn't help but keep looking at the human. He didn't like how it stared right back at him. Tiemeth put his hands together as he rested them on the desk.

" Now, another thing I wanted to tell you Atticus...is my daughter needs to spend more time with dragons. Less time with humans...like you...so tonight my daughter will spend a few hours with Havok! They will go out for dinner and have a nice evening. Tiamat will return to this tower after, so Atticus you will have a free night without her. Consider it a break! Go out with friends, go to a bar or something! If this goes well, then it might be a common event for my daughter".

Tiamat, Kara, and Arank

Tiamat quietly sat for a moment trying to understand what was going on. "hit-list? Why would he have one of those? My father does what John asks of him, I have never done anything against John. How could he even know about my ability? Only a few know about it! Granted my father knows of it, has he really told John? Kara are there any humans on the list?". She asked trying to keep her composure. Her chest felt heavy and her heart was beating fast. It was just an idea of it being a hit list of some kind. She kept trying to deny what it very well could be.

The thought of being targeted again was scaring her. Garvus did it, he could have killed her and has even tried. Resting her hands on her lap she looked at the ceiling again. Kara looked at Sawyer a bit worried, she agreed with him about the list being suspicious. She sighed as she looked back at Tiamat." No...from what I can tell there are only dragons. Tiamat this list really could be some kind of hit-list or some checklist to monitor us in the tower! The other names are not involved with the tower, I just wonder why are they on it?

If this list is something new, then time may be on our side. We can try to figure it out before anything bad happens...if something is planned. John has power, but dragons have power he can never have. That could be something he fears, a list would help him keep track of dangerous dragons or interests. Your gift is the main reason you dragons are here in the first place. It is a reason I am here...if he knows about it. That it is a power he could try to force you to use. The star next to your name may mean you are a special target.
". She then looked at Sawyer for a moment and smiled. Then her face got serious once again.

"I will fetch you the list before you leave, it would be safer with you. If that man or his men found out I had it. I worry something could happen to me, if this list really is important. Granted that man would be a fool to come at me...if he did. For now...I suggest all this be kept among us, until we get more clarity. Atticus should be told though. If...Tiamat really is going to be targeted, he needs to know. Even if it could be just a feeling or just a thought at the moment".

Arank looked at the green-eyed dragon for a moment. She was staring at the ceiling again, he could feel her worrying and fear." He is inside isn't he?" the boy spoke and the two dragons stared at each. "Yes...I am not sure why though, is he with my father?...if he is...then he is with Havok as well! I think he is on the top floor of the tower".The red-eyed dragon then stood up. Putting a hand on his own chest he smiled.

"Don't worry...I will go check. The dragon then looked at the other two." Sorry, you will not like this! I will be back! Three minutes is enough time!". He then vanished from sight leaving a few dark puffs of smoke. Kara stood up fast, her voice then sounded worried when she spoke. "What the hell is he doing!? Tiamat where is he going!? Arank come back!" Tiamat looked at Kara and then away from her". Atticus is inside, I think he is going to check on him". Kara then looked at Sawyer for a moment, folding her arms. She was now somewhat regretting letting the two of them inside.

Gronk & Lazarus

Smiling at the human he then folded his arms. Raising an eyebrow, his cocky attitude then started to show." Please! The dragon would be stupid to start something with me! So I am a bit tired! I can still kick some *** ya know!". The dragon's expression then softened a bit as he started to walk east. Keeping his eye opened for anything to point them in the right direction. "Jax found something suspicious? I would say we found something very suspicious as well, Rhett. Guess we have something to really talk about when we see that-". Pausing for a moment in his sentence the dragon was pretty sure he felt the ground shake a bit. Sniffing the air, the dragon could smell sulfur now, but why?

"Rhett? Did you feel that? I may be tired but I am sure my head is still working right!" The dragon said as he looked at the human. Then the dragon felt another shake, but this time it lasted longer. Before his eyes a fissure formed under his feet, the thing went all the way back to the plane. The crack was small but then started to get wider. Earthquakes were not common here! What the heck was this?! Gronk stepped to the side, just as he did lava came oozing up as the crack widened. The dragon then tired to use his abilities to stop the crack from getting bigger. It was about four feet across now and filled with hot lava.

For some reason, the dragon couldn't close it. There was some tension he could feel it, something was making it impossible. The moment he stopped or lost focus on or it started to widen. For now, it seemed like Gronk was stuck in this spot."What the hell? Rhett, I think our dragon is nearby! I can't close this thing and can't stop or it will just get bigger". Gronk hands and arms shook a bit as he fought to keep the thing under control. Trying to close the earth back up was not something he did often. The heat from the lava was not helping, the dragon was starting to feel a bit too hot for his liking. He was normally fine with hot places or weather, cause he lived in a desert, but this was a bit much. Sweat could be seen coming down his face. He didn't know how long he could keep this up, but he had to keep at. The clan was not that far from this spot, the idea of lava creeping up was not something he was going to let happen.

Hiding behind a few large was rocks was a dragon named Lazarus. He watched two unknown creatures for a far, he smiled as he started to toy with them. They looked like humans so he was hoping they would fall into the lava. "Common on! Just burn! You stupid humans!" the dragon spoke to himself and tried to make the crack bigger. He growled as he realized the crack was not getting any bigger. Cursing he tried to focus harder on the crack. "What! Grow you stupid crack! What is going on!?". At this point the two dragons where unknown playing a game o tug-of-war!

----

Jax

The crew seemed puzzled for a moment when a different voice was heard. After a few minutes the ship then shook, the engines then sounded louder. She was now going a bit faster then before. Soaring at the same height as jetliners, the ship went as fast as she could. Jax smiled as he got to his room and then walked over to his desk. Placing the bottle on it and then sat at the desk. Putting his hands over his face he screamed. He was worried about his wife, she was a brave and strong one. But what if she got caught? The pirate kept thinking of awful things that could happen.

Opening the bottle he then chugged the liquid down. He then got up and fell on his bed. "Sam...if you don't get caught I promise to listen to you a bit more! I will renew our vows! I will do anything!" The guy stared at the wall and then slowly felt himself drifting to sleep. His jar of rum then tipped over, and fell off the bed.
Tiemeth & Havok

Smiling the old dragon heard what he wanted to hear. "Very good, Atticus! In a bit, I will give the tour of the bottom floors and fill you in on the rules". Tiemeth then looked at Havok for a moment, the two stared at each other. He then tossed the key to Atticus, and then ajusted himself to sit more comfortably. Havok looked at the key, then at the human again. The dragon was curious about all this, he wanted to ask questions. But didn't want to push it. Havok could mess this up, he had to be careful. Tiemeth could take back, letting him go out for dinner with Tiamat. So far everything was going to plan, just like John wanted. Havok couldn't help but keep looking at the human. He didn't like how it stared right back at him. Tiemeth put his hands together as he rested them on the desk.

" Now, another thing I wanted to tell you Atticus...is my daughter needs to spend more time with dragons. Less time with humans...like you...so tonight my daughter will spend a few hours with Havok! They will go out for dinner and have a nice evening. Tiamat will return to this tower after, so Atticus you will have a free night without her. Consider it a break! Go out with friends, go to a bar or something! If this goes well, then it might be a common event for my daughter".

Tiamat, Kara, and Arank

Tiamat quietly sat for a moment trying to understand what was going on. "hit-list? Why would he have one of those? My father does what John asks of him, I have never done anything against John. How could he even know about my ability? Only a few know about it! Granted my father knows of it, has he really told John? Kara are there any humans on the list?". She asked trying to keep her composure. Her chest felt heavy and her heart was beating fast. It was just an idea of it being a hit list of some kind. She kept trying to deny what it very well could be.

The thought of being targeted again was scaring her. Garvus did it, he could have killed her and has even tried. Resting her hands on her lap she looked at the ceiling again. Kara looked at Sawyer a bit worried, she agreed with him about the list being suspicious. She sighed as she looked back at Tiamat." No...from what I can tell there are only dragons. Tiamat this list really could be some kind of hit-list or some checklist to monitor us in the tower! The other names are not involved with the tower, I just wonder why are they on it?

If this list is something new, then time may be on our side. We can try to figure it out before anything bad happens...if something is planned. John has power, but dragons have power he can never have. That could be something he fears, a list would help him keep track of dangerous dragons or interests. Your gift is the main reason you dragons are here in the first place. It is a reason I am here...if he knows about it. That it is a power he could try to force you to use. The star next to your name may mean you are a special target.
". She then looked at Sawyer for a moment and smiled. Then her face got serious once again.

"I will fetch you the list before you leave, it would be safer with you. If that man or his men found out I had it. I worry something could happen to me, if this list really is important. Granted that man would be a fool to come at me...if he did. For now...I suggest all this be kept among us, until we get more clarity. Atticus should be told though. If...Tiamat really is going to be targeted, he needs to know. Even if it could be just a feeling or just a thought at the moment".

Arank looked at the green-eyed dragon for a moment. She was staring at the ceiling again, he could feel her worrying and fear." He is inside isn't he?" the boy spoke and the two dragons stared at each. "Yes...I am not sure why though, is he with my father?...if he is...then he is with Havok as well! I think he is on the top floor of the tower".The red-eyed dragon then stood up. Putting a hand on his own chest he smiled.

"Don't worry...I will go check. The dragon then looked at the other two." Sorry, you will not like this! I will be back! Three minutes is enough time!". He then vanished from sight leaving a few dark puffs of smoke. Kara stood up fast, her voice then sounded worried when she spoke. "What the hell is he doing!? Tiamat where is he going!? Arank come back!" Tiamat looked at Kara and then away from her". Atticus is inside, I think he is going to check on him". Kara then looked at Sawyer for a moment, folding her arms. She was now somewhat regretting letting the two of them inside.

Gronk & Lazarus

Smiling at the human he then folded his arms. Raising an eyebrow, his cocky attitude then started to show." Please! The dragon would be stupid to start something with me! So I am a bit tired! I can still kick some *** ya know!". The dragon's expression then softened a bit as he started to walk east. Keeping his eye opened for anything to point them in the right direction. "Jax found something suspicious? I would say we found something very suspicious as well, Rhett. Guess we have something to really talk about when we see that-". Pausing for a moment in his sentence the dragon was pretty sure he felt the ground shake a bit. Sniffing the air, the dragon could smell sulfur now, but why?

"Rhett? Did you feel that? I may be tired but I am sure my head is still working right!" The dragon said as he looked at the human. Then the dragon felt another shake, but this time it lasted longer. Before his eyes a fissure formed under his feet, the thing went all the way back to the plane. The crack was small but then started to get wider. Earthquakes were not common here! What the heck was this?! Gronk stepped to the side, just as he did lava came oozing up as the crack widened. The dragon then tired to use his abilities to stop the crack from getting bigger. It was about four feet across now and filled with hot lava.

For some reason, the dragon couldn't close it. There was some tension he could feel it, something was making it impossible. The moment he stopped or lost focus on or it started to widen. For now, it seemed like Gronk was stuck in this spot."What the hell? Rhett, I think our dragon is nearby! I can't close this thing and can't stop or it will just get bigger". Gronk hands and arms shook a bit as he fought to keep the thing under control. Trying to close the earth back up was not something he did often. The heat from the lava was not helping, the dragon was starting to feel a bit too hot for his liking. He was normally fine with hot places or weather, cause he lived in a desert, but this was a bit much. Sweat could be seen coming down his face. He didn't know how long he could keep this up, but he had to keep at. The clan was not that far from this spot, the idea of lava creeping up was not something he was going to let happen.

Hiding behind a few large was rocks was a dragon named Lazarus. He watched two unknown creatures for a far, he smiled as he started to toy with them. They looked like humans so he was hoping they would fall into the lava. "Common on! Just burn! You stupid humans!" the dragon spoke to himself and tried to make the crack bigger. He growled as he realized the crack was not getting any bigger. Cursing he tried to focus harder on the crack. "What! Grow you stupid crack! What is going on!?". At this point the two dragons where unknown playing a game o tug-of-war!

----

Jax

The crew seemed puzzled for a moment when a different voice was heard. After a few minutes the ship then shook, the engines then sounded louder. She was now going a bit faster then before. Soaring at the same height as jetliners, the ship went as fast as she could. Jax smiled as he got to his room and then walked over to his desk. Placing the bottle on it and then sat at the desk. Putting his hands over his face he screamed. He was worried about his wife, she was a brave and strong one. But what if she got caught? The pirate kept thinking of awful things that could happen.

Opening the bottle he then chugged the liquid down. He then got up and fell on his bed. "Sam...if you don't get caught I promise to listen to you a bit more! I will renew our vows! I will do anything!" The guy stared at the wall and then slowly felt himself drifting to sleep. His jar of rum then tipped over, and fell off the bed.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25