Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Behind The Clouds (closed)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25
@TylRegor (Thank You for Pinging me!)

Adair calls over from his table having been to engrossed in his tacos to remember to reply. "I'm sorry doll! Yeah no I am good I can take my check. Just gonna enjoy my coffee a bit longer. I know you like to batten up and eat something yourself." Adair waves a hand signaling they can go about their usual routine, he was often here a little late but just spent he time polishing up his coffee and doing some reading on his phone.
"The grub was Delish!" He does the Italian finger kiss out towards her. "A winning piece Everytime!"
@TylRegor (Thank You for Pinging me!)

Adair calls over from his table having been to engrossed in his tacos to remember to reply. "I'm sorry doll! Yeah no I am good I can take my check. Just gonna enjoy my coffee a bit longer. I know you like to batten up and eat something yourself." Adair waves a hand signaling they can go about their usual routine, he was often here a little late but just spent he time polishing up his coffee and doing some reading on his phone.
"The grub was Delish!" He does the Italian finger kiss out towards her. "A winning piece Everytime!"
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
(lost power cause of a storm and had to refix everything...again)

Jax

"Hey! Thank you, sir! I would have gotten it, but as you see my hands are full. Would you like a bit of rum?". He then put a bottle down closer to the guy. " Rhett, to be honest, scares me, maybe it's just his looks or something...I don't know. We didn't have the best first meeting, you know! Also, I wanted to kill his dragon at one time! Big Blue would have made me rich, but for some reason, nothing went right when I tried. Somehow with the adventures around that lady president and that evil dragon, Garvus. I became friends with the two!?" The guy then took a sip of rum and laughed at himself. Thinking of the past, he then took the radio and started checking it out. The thing was old, with scratches on it and dents from being dropped many times.

He then tried to bend the antenna straight, cursing at the thing a few times. Pressing the button to turn it on, then he smiled." It still works! You know, why don't you try talking into it! You two are... pals right? Or something like that? If he is in a bad mood or...doing something...rather it was not me disturbing him! You could even give him an idea of why we are visiting". The guy the smirked as he handed the working radio too, Jett.

Gronk

After getting situated he then turned back to his human form. Cracking his neck a few times, then he stretched his arms a bit. Folding his arms together he watched the line of men then looked at the main building."Could always check with the office first?". He didn't want to go near the men across the way. One thing he hates the most is those guns. Yeah, he helped them train, but didn't do that gun training kinda stuff. The only one he trusted or tolerated with guns was Rhett. The dragon has been shot before could have even died, it if they didn't have a pact. He does help the base with training new recruits and going out on missions. Helping them is his way of protecting the people still and to show respect towards Rhett.

Starting to walk towards the building he stared at the men nearby. They seemed to be staring at the both of them at this moment. One man talked into a walkie-talkie and then looked away for a brief moment. "Rhett, something isn't right. Why are they looking at us like that?". The dragon's temper was starting to rise because he was nervous and then he yelled over to them." Hey! What is wrong with you guys!? Do you have an issue? or something?". The door to the main office then suddenly opened. A man in a black suit then came out and stood by the door.

"Hello! You two must be the double duo I been hearing and reading about! Got quite the record the both of you, very impressive! We sure are lucky to have you both on our side!".Gronk then talked with a bit of anger in his voice, as he glared at the man." Who the hell are you?". The guy in the black suit smiled, then laughed lightly, putting his hands out in front suddenly." Whoa! Relax, big guy! I am here investigating a report of a crashed aircraft. Would give you my name but sadly I am not allowed to do so. The president himself sent me here the moment he was notified. Sharing information with you both seem alright with me. You both seem to be very much involved with this base anyways. I am sure he wouldn't mind either!"

The man then folded his arms as he looked at the two in front. Then put his full attention towards the human. "The plane crash is suspicious and we seem to believe it was a dragon that took it down. Not sure which one though, unfortunately, the only dragons we know that are within the area is the Darbi. Hopefully, we can find proof whether it is or isn't them, they seem very close to humans. Would be awful if they were involved with any of this. A unit should be here soon they are specialized in dragon attacks".

Gronk sort of froze in place trying to understand what was just said. His hands were fisted at this point. He wanted to attack this man so badly. Holding himself back in his knees and arms shook they were so tensed up Was this guy joking? Gronk and his clan would NEVER do something like this! This day was turning out to be a very bad one.

Tiamat, Kara, and Arank

"Morning, Kara! Sorry for being a little late. Arank and Sawyer need to talk with me about something important". Tiamat smiled as she put both of her hands behind her back. Then she walked over to Kara and whispered into her left ear telling her what was going on. Kara sighed, then turned to the guys for a moment, with an unpleasant look on her a face. "Are you serious? You do realize if someone is caught hell will certainly rain down on us!. The last thing I want is for anything awful to happen to Atticus and Tiamat!". The woman then pushed the door open more and held it with her back.

"Come on in! Discuss what you need, but be quick about it, Atticus I suggest you stay here the last thing we need is for him to get out of his meeting early, then see you inside. Keeping things as normal as we can, will be a good start. Your friends and Tiamat will be fine, just like any other day. If you need anything, you know what to do just ring the buzzer". She then smiled at the security guard for a moment with a relaxed look on her face. Turning her attention to the boy she then got a bit worried. "Arank, are you alright? You look like your head is about to split open!".

Arank put his hands on his temples and rubbed them. He was trying so hard to block the feeling he was getting but it was difficult. It was so bad it looked like he was fighting back tears in his eyes. Going inside was going to make him closer to the source. Which was going to make things harder, but he was going to try. Things were important and should be fast without any issues. The last thing he wanted was the feeling to completely take him over. If he knew this would happen he wouldn't have suggested going to the tower. He then shot his head up and looked at Kara."Oh! Uh! Yes, I have a bad headache but I am fine though. Please don't worry about me". He then went inside the tower rubbing his eyes as he took a deep breath.

Before going inside Tiamat turned to Atticus and sort of rushed over to him. If she didn't stop in time she would have run right into him. Looking up at him she let out a sad sigh. " Well, looks like it is that time again ". She then felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach, she then put her hands on the sides of his face. Smiling sweetly, then pulling his face down to her. This guy still made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside after all these years. Then she lightly kissed his lips for a short a moment. Pulling her face away then talked to him. "Everything will be fine they will be out before father even knows it and no one will get in trouble".
(lost power cause of a storm and had to refix everything...again)

Jax

"Hey! Thank you, sir! I would have gotten it, but as you see my hands are full. Would you like a bit of rum?". He then put a bottle down closer to the guy. " Rhett, to be honest, scares me, maybe it's just his looks or something...I don't know. We didn't have the best first meeting, you know! Also, I wanted to kill his dragon at one time! Big Blue would have made me rich, but for some reason, nothing went right when I tried. Somehow with the adventures around that lady president and that evil dragon, Garvus. I became friends with the two!?" The guy then took a sip of rum and laughed at himself. Thinking of the past, he then took the radio and started checking it out. The thing was old, with scratches on it and dents from being dropped many times.

He then tried to bend the antenna straight, cursing at the thing a few times. Pressing the button to turn it on, then he smiled." It still works! You know, why don't you try talking into it! You two are... pals right? Or something like that? If he is in a bad mood or...doing something...rather it was not me disturbing him! You could even give him an idea of why we are visiting". The guy the smirked as he handed the working radio too, Jett.

Gronk

After getting situated he then turned back to his human form. Cracking his neck a few times, then he stretched his arms a bit. Folding his arms together he watched the line of men then looked at the main building."Could always check with the office first?". He didn't want to go near the men across the way. One thing he hates the most is those guns. Yeah, he helped them train, but didn't do that gun training kinda stuff. The only one he trusted or tolerated with guns was Rhett. The dragon has been shot before could have even died, it if they didn't have a pact. He does help the base with training new recruits and going out on missions. Helping them is his way of protecting the people still and to show respect towards Rhett.

Starting to walk towards the building he stared at the men nearby. They seemed to be staring at the both of them at this moment. One man talked into a walkie-talkie and then looked away for a brief moment. "Rhett, something isn't right. Why are they looking at us like that?". The dragon's temper was starting to rise because he was nervous and then he yelled over to them." Hey! What is wrong with you guys!? Do you have an issue? or something?". The door to the main office then suddenly opened. A man in a black suit then came out and stood by the door.

"Hello! You two must be the double duo I been hearing and reading about! Got quite the record the both of you, very impressive! We sure are lucky to have you both on our side!".Gronk then talked with a bit of anger in his voice, as he glared at the man." Who the hell are you?". The guy in the black suit smiled, then laughed lightly, putting his hands out in front suddenly." Whoa! Relax, big guy! I am here investigating a report of a crashed aircraft. Would give you my name but sadly I am not allowed to do so. The president himself sent me here the moment he was notified. Sharing information with you both seem alright with me. You both seem to be very much involved with this base anyways. I am sure he wouldn't mind either!"

The man then folded his arms as he looked at the two in front. Then put his full attention towards the human. "The plane crash is suspicious and we seem to believe it was a dragon that took it down. Not sure which one though, unfortunately, the only dragons we know that are within the area is the Darbi. Hopefully, we can find proof whether it is or isn't them, they seem very close to humans. Would be awful if they were involved with any of this. A unit should be here soon they are specialized in dragon attacks".

Gronk sort of froze in place trying to understand what was just said. His hands were fisted at this point. He wanted to attack this man so badly. Holding himself back in his knees and arms shook they were so tensed up Was this guy joking? Gronk and his clan would NEVER do something like this! This day was turning out to be a very bad one.

Tiamat, Kara, and Arank

"Morning, Kara! Sorry for being a little late. Arank and Sawyer need to talk with me about something important". Tiamat smiled as she put both of her hands behind her back. Then she walked over to Kara and whispered into her left ear telling her what was going on. Kara sighed, then turned to the guys for a moment, with an unpleasant look on her a face. "Are you serious? You do realize if someone is caught hell will certainly rain down on us!. The last thing I want is for anything awful to happen to Atticus and Tiamat!". The woman then pushed the door open more and held it with her back.

"Come on in! Discuss what you need, but be quick about it, Atticus I suggest you stay here the last thing we need is for him to get out of his meeting early, then see you inside. Keeping things as normal as we can, will be a good start. Your friends and Tiamat will be fine, just like any other day. If you need anything, you know what to do just ring the buzzer". She then smiled at the security guard for a moment with a relaxed look on her face. Turning her attention to the boy she then got a bit worried. "Arank, are you alright? You look like your head is about to split open!".

Arank put his hands on his temples and rubbed them. He was trying so hard to block the feeling he was getting but it was difficult. It was so bad it looked like he was fighting back tears in his eyes. Going inside was going to make him closer to the source. Which was going to make things harder, but he was going to try. Things were important and should be fast without any issues. The last thing he wanted was the feeling to completely take him over. If he knew this would happen he wouldn't have suggested going to the tower. He then shot his head up and looked at Kara."Oh! Uh! Yes, I have a bad headache but I am fine though. Please don't worry about me". He then went inside the tower rubbing his eyes as he took a deep breath.

Before going inside Tiamat turned to Atticus and sort of rushed over to him. If she didn't stop in time she would have run right into him. Looking up at him she let out a sad sigh. " Well, looks like it is that time again ". She then felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach, she then put her hands on the sides of his face. Smiling sweetly, then pulling his face down to her. This guy still made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside after all these years. Then she lightly kissed his lips for a short a moment. Pulling her face away then talked to him. "Everything will be fine they will be out before father even knows it and no one will get in trouble".
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
@Ragnaroc and @Lunarsolstice
[Np!]
"Alright then! How about you sir?" Kris said, turning toward the man who ordered the junk plate. Not her most formal dish, but a popular one for the frugal customer. It seemed like the shrimp and chili tacos were good too, but she'd need a few more people to try it before it was added to the menu, as with all of the additions she had made over the years.
@Ragnaroc and @Lunarsolstice
[Np!]
"Alright then! How about you sir?" Kris said, turning toward the man who ordered the junk plate. Not her most formal dish, but a popular one for the frugal customer. It seemed like the shrimp and chili tacos were good too, but she'd need a few more people to try it before it was added to the menu, as with all of the additions she had made over the years.
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
@Vellatrix

The longer the female talked, the more annoyed Zarak became. Many times he tried counting in his head, but it didn't seem to work because he still wanted to strangle the **** out of the woman. Silently he watched her whole little show of rolling on her counters and wondered if the female was a bit touched in the head. It would be a lie to say he didn't have some naughty thoughts when the female's hair unraveled and dangled just in reach, but at the same time, they were being tinged with violent urges as well. When she finally blessed him by shutting her trap, he only glared at her hand before crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at her.

"I've never used a weapon in my life woman, nor do I plan to start now." Pausing in thought, he looked back at the door where Engel was waiting. "Actually I might be in need of some blades..." He murmured under his breath. "Before we get into that though, I want my girl in here, now." His voice came out as a rumbling growl towards the end, but he didn't mean for it to happen. Being away from Engel without knowing she was safe made his stomach do funny things the longer he was away from her.

~~~~~~~~~

Biting her bottom lip in slight worry, Engel pressed her back harder into the building behind her. Her eyes flickered between the numerous amount of people that walked passed her without a passing glance. Usually, she was one who enjoyed a large volume of people around her that she could talk to, but that was not the case this time. Everyone before her seemed too busy to do anything besides rush off to their business of some sort.

Sighing softly, she looked back at the area Zarak disappeared to and wished he would hurry back. Being alone too long reminded her of a time she never liked to think about. When she was on her own and never knew when another meal would come by, a time she was ready to do anything just for a scrap of bread. Feeling tears prickle her eyes, she quickly rubbed them away and smacked her cheeks to distract herself with the pain.

"That's enough of that Engel! We are better now, and have Zarak as our new family. There is no need for tears anymore because we are a big girl." Giving herself a pep talk, she clenched her tiny fist in determination to not feel pity for herself.

Looking about with renewed vigor, she decided to prove that she was better now and stronger than before. Thinking about how she could accomplish such a task, a sudden thought hit her. Zarak and anyone would be super impressed if she found that clan building they have been looking for! Pumped and ready to take down the world, Engel clapped her hands together merrily before running down the street and out of sight.
@Vellatrix

The longer the female talked, the more annoyed Zarak became. Many times he tried counting in his head, but it didn't seem to work because he still wanted to strangle the **** out of the woman. Silently he watched her whole little show of rolling on her counters and wondered if the female was a bit touched in the head. It would be a lie to say he didn't have some naughty thoughts when the female's hair unraveled and dangled just in reach, but at the same time, they were being tinged with violent urges as well. When she finally blessed him by shutting her trap, he only glared at her hand before crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at her.

"I've never used a weapon in my life woman, nor do I plan to start now." Pausing in thought, he looked back at the door where Engel was waiting. "Actually I might be in need of some blades..." He murmured under his breath. "Before we get into that though, I want my girl in here, now." His voice came out as a rumbling growl towards the end, but he didn't mean for it to happen. Being away from Engel without knowing she was safe made his stomach do funny things the longer he was away from her.

~~~~~~~~~

Biting her bottom lip in slight worry, Engel pressed her back harder into the building behind her. Her eyes flickered between the numerous amount of people that walked passed her without a passing glance. Usually, she was one who enjoyed a large volume of people around her that she could talk to, but that was not the case this time. Everyone before her seemed too busy to do anything besides rush off to their business of some sort.

Sighing softly, she looked back at the area Zarak disappeared to and wished he would hurry back. Being alone too long reminded her of a time she never liked to think about. When she was on her own and never knew when another meal would come by, a time she was ready to do anything just for a scrap of bread. Feeling tears prickle her eyes, she quickly rubbed them away and smacked her cheeks to distract herself with the pain.

"That's enough of that Engel! We are better now, and have Zarak as our new family. There is no need for tears anymore because we are a big girl." Giving herself a pep talk, she clenched her tiny fist in determination to not feel pity for herself.

Looking about with renewed vigor, she decided to prove that she was better now and stronger than before. Thinking about how she could accomplish such a task, a sudden thought hit her. Zarak and anyone would be super impressed if she found that clan building they have been looking for! Pumped and ready to take down the world, Engel clapped her hands together merrily before running down the street and out of sight.
((I did this as fast as I could so that Engel wouldn't get kidnapped cause then I'd have to introduce him faster than I needed to @Foxbrush . I fixed my post.))

Avlyn had just let out a wide smirk as she cracked her knuckles without needing the help of another hand. She cracked each individual joint in the hand that she held out for shaking. She placed her palms together facing forward, right in front of her mouth. She let a chuckle escape her lips as she stared at him. Her hair blowing around in a place with no wind, moving like fire. “All you had to do was ask.”
She remembered the feeling of the girl who was outside, yet she was running away from the wind. The radius that she was from her reach wasn’t far, so she was able to pull her back towards the building. Carefully of course, she avoided the people who were in the way. She pulled her inside the shop with the and shut the door quickly. She coughed slightly and rubbed her forehead. She looked at Engel and bent down to look at her straight in the eye. “Now sweetie, next time don’t run it makes my job a bit more harder. You know this city is quite a big place with not an exact map to help you fly through it.”

She stood up straight and made her way back to her main counter. She climbed up and lied down for a while, seeming to take a ten second power nap before waking up all of a sudden. Rubbing her eyes, she noticed that they were still there. “Oh! Right I almost forgot. I brought you guys in here, best if I help you get to where you need to go. Sorry if I seem kinda out of it, I haven’t slept well in years. I’m always moving around, you know.” Bending backward to pick something from a cabinet that was under the display, she pulled out a map. Getting off the counter, she opened the map and beckoned the two to look at it. The image faded from a location deep in a Mexican City from the place where they were at in New York. “This map isn’t for sale, but you can take a look at it to help you find where your going. It has every single location labelled and-” Pausing as she tapped on the map where the Dragon Keep was and showed a hologram display of how the keep looked like from the outside. The small, leaning, three story building with a multitude of painted signs that were hung or nailed up, the big sign with a curled up Dragon around a house. Smiling, she tapped the location and it hide again. “It shows how it looks like in a smaller hologram version. It even has my location, which is a surprise considering that my place flies everywhere in the world. Anyway, it’s best if you find which way you need to go, and I’ll help you get there. But there is one thing you can do for me. . . After all, you guys are my customers as well and I always do this with customers!” Looking at two of them, she giggled with joy. “It’s been a while since I had a customer, but here’s the deal. You both can try and guess my eye colour, if you do get it correct then you guys can get a free item here in the shop!” Her blue and green eyes stared at the two as she rejoiced over the game. No one has gotten close to figuring out her eye colour. Ever since she started the business, no one has ever got the exact colour. Maybe she was cheating since it was two specific colours that she figured out only a few months ago when she was up in the north, but it was still fine. She let out a grin as she tapped her nails in a pattern on the counter. “I will not give you a limit to how many colours it is, you can ask one yes or no question each. The last rule is that I will not take greenish blue or bluish green as an answer. So take your shot and see if you hit the the bullseye!”
((I did this as fast as I could so that Engel wouldn't get kidnapped cause then I'd have to introduce him faster than I needed to @Foxbrush . I fixed my post.))

Avlyn had just let out a wide smirk as she cracked her knuckles without needing the help of another hand. She cracked each individual joint in the hand that she held out for shaking. She placed her palms together facing forward, right in front of her mouth. She let a chuckle escape her lips as she stared at him. Her hair blowing around in a place with no wind, moving like fire. “All you had to do was ask.”
She remembered the feeling of the girl who was outside, yet she was running away from the wind. The radius that she was from her reach wasn’t far, so she was able to pull her back towards the building. Carefully of course, she avoided the people who were in the way. She pulled her inside the shop with the and shut the door quickly. She coughed slightly and rubbed her forehead. She looked at Engel and bent down to look at her straight in the eye. “Now sweetie, next time don’t run it makes my job a bit more harder. You know this city is quite a big place with not an exact map to help you fly through it.”

She stood up straight and made her way back to her main counter. She climbed up and lied down for a while, seeming to take a ten second power nap before waking up all of a sudden. Rubbing her eyes, she noticed that they were still there. “Oh! Right I almost forgot. I brought you guys in here, best if I help you get to where you need to go. Sorry if I seem kinda out of it, I haven’t slept well in years. I’m always moving around, you know.” Bending backward to pick something from a cabinet that was under the display, she pulled out a map. Getting off the counter, she opened the map and beckoned the two to look at it. The image faded from a location deep in a Mexican City from the place where they were at in New York. “This map isn’t for sale, but you can take a look at it to help you find where your going. It has every single location labelled and-” Pausing as she tapped on the map where the Dragon Keep was and showed a hologram display of how the keep looked like from the outside. The small, leaning, three story building with a multitude of painted signs that were hung or nailed up, the big sign with a curled up Dragon around a house. Smiling, she tapped the location and it hide again. “It shows how it looks like in a smaller hologram version. It even has my location, which is a surprise considering that my place flies everywhere in the world. Anyway, it’s best if you find which way you need to go, and I’ll help you get there. But there is one thing you can do for me. . . After all, you guys are my customers as well and I always do this with customers!” Looking at two of them, she giggled with joy. “It’s been a while since I had a customer, but here’s the deal. You both can try and guess my eye colour, if you do get it correct then you guys can get a free item here in the shop!” Her blue and green eyes stared at the two as she rejoiced over the game. No one has gotten close to figuring out her eye colour. Ever since she started the business, no one has ever got the exact colour. Maybe she was cheating since it was two specific colours that she figured out only a few months ago when she was up in the north, but it was still fine. She let out a grin as she tapped her nails in a pattern on the counter. “I will not give you a limit to how many colours it is, you can ask one yes or no question each. The last rule is that I will not take greenish blue or bluish green as an answer. So take your shot and see if you hit the the bullseye!”
Jett

The young man pushed the bottle away with his sleeve, not so inclined to touch it with his bare hands. "Still not much of the drinking type, Jax, but thank you," he said as a means of polite decline. "He mentioned that once, said you were a pain in the *** for a while, but then when everything started going up in flames you, and I quote, 'finally started getting your priorities straight'. Believe me, I'm sure he warmed up to you when you stopped his dragon from going on a rampage." He seemed to go quiet for a moment there before uttering a quiet chuckle. "Heh... interstellar dragon slayers... You're lucky you never ended up in Valenth. You wouldn't have gotten out of that place with your skin on the outside," he quipped humorously, instinctively brushing a hand along the quill badge at the mention of that particular subject before reaching for the radio as it was offered to him.

"Getting cold feet then? Well, I guess I could try to call him up. I mean, the guy and his two pals saved my life years ago and I in turn kept him alive on an alien planet, so you could say we've got a mutual respect at least..." Still, he seemed a bit hesitant. This radio looked like it was about to crumble apart in his hands. He knew by now this group's technology was often far more advanced than it looked, but... seriously, Jax needed to be more careful with his stuff.

Holding the radio up close, he pressed the button to begin sending the transmission, hoping the old veteran still had the receiving device on hand.

---

Rhett

The base just seemed to give off a really unsettling aura to it today. Rhett couldn't quite put his finger on just what it was specifically, just, so many small details seemed off... and then the man in black showed up and claimed he was here on the business of the president. Well, now the uneasiness all made more sense. Nothing ever felt right when he was involved... He still couldn't quite grasp how he got the job in the first place, but then, he was still wondering how his predecessor got the job considering her own lack of qualifications, but... well, he wasn't one for speaking ill of the dead. That aside, Rhett could sense Gronk's distrust and frustration, and he couldn't blame the guy, much as he hoped he wouldn't do anything rash.

"So there's finally someone doing something about that crash. I don't mean to offend, but you fellas seemed to be taking your sweet time getting that together. No guards, no signs, no roadblocks, nothing to divert passersby from the scene? You're just asking for the site to be tampered with in that condition! And don't even get me started with this BS Darbi finger-pointing. Aside from location, what other evidence do you have that justifies suspicion of anyone from the Darbi clan? They've done nothing but support and protect humanity since their arrival. To claim they would callously destroy a manned aircraft and murder its occupant in cold blood is a mighty damn big claim indeed, sir." Rhett was likely starting to sound rather confrontation by that point, much more so than he usually was. Much of Gronk's fury was clearly affecting the human's temperament.

He was about to grill this anonymous agent further when he heard a beeping noise in his back pocket... an uncommon but familiar sound. Was he really calling now of all times? What even for? He'd figured Jax would've lost his part of the radio by now... Awkwardly, Rhett turned away from the man with the classified name and pulled out the radio, holding it close as he wasn't intending to let any particular eavesdroppers listen in.

"Uh... Hello?" he muttered with uncertainty.

"Ah... Mr. Ryder? That you?" a voice emanated in response. That definitely wasn't Jax... but it sure as hell sounded familiar anyways.

"Wait... Jett? That you, kid? What's going on?" he asked, really not expecting to hear back from the young science whiz, certainly not in these circumstances.

"Oh, cool, you still have the device... Nice to hear from you again, sir... Uh... I'm sorry I'm just suddenly contacting you like this out of the blue and all, but... Well, another old pal of yours wanted to pay a visit, spotted something fishy he wants to talk to you about in person, but he couldn't get the nerve to talk to you himself about it... You-know-who, of course."

Rhett had to stifle a chuckle at that. Jax was the same as ever apparently. Still, this really was an awkward time for this to happen...

"Uh... I mean, if he wants to drop by he can, but... We might kinda have a situation of our own over here... Honestly I probably shouldn't even be talking for too long... We're still at the usual spot in the Mojave, just be careful, alright?"

"Wait, what do you mean? Situation how?" Jett asked, but Rhett didn't want to risk dragging the conversation any further.

"Not a good time, I'll tell you when you get here," he replied, putting the radio away and merely turning back around as if nothing had happened.

"Sorry about that. Had to take a call."

---

Atticus/Sawyer

Atticus merely gave a sheepish sort of shrug at Kara's initial response to their plan. She pointed out what they certainly knew already, that the consequences of getting caught were... unpleasant at best. But to both his and Sawyer's surprise, she was willing to go along with it. Sure, Atticus knew Kara was a helpful sort, she was almost certainly a huge factor to his keeping this job in the first place, definitely one of the few in this clan truly on his side along with Tiamat of course. Still, to actually participate in this little scheme of theirs... Well clearly he needed to be all the more appreciative of what she was willing to do for them.

Sawyer quickly gave a nod in affirmation as he followed Arank into the building, staying close to the dragon, clearly concerned about his well-being, as that 'headache' was definitely not looking to be getting any better... He'd dare say Arank looked a lot worse now that they were at the tower entrance. Something was certainly amiss for this to be happening to the guy... but of course he tried to pass it off as little to worry about. Sawyer knew better, but he also knew Arank wasn't one to be all forthcoming about his condition with just anyone. He'd have to make sure the dragon didn't end up collapsing or anything while they were investigating.

Atticus was hesitant on staying outside, but Kara's reasoning was sound. If he wasn't at his post, that would raise far more suspicion. As Tiamat held him close and kissed him, he made sure to return the gesture before their lips pulled away. He felt the same feeling of elation as always when they kissed, it was something he knew for a fact would never get old. He felt like he could face down an army of demons just to experience this again and again... and truth be told he'd gotten pretty close in that regard before.

"I hope you're right... Just, whatever happens in there, y'know... look after yourself, alright? I know, I say it all the time but... Just, this time especially, please... be careful, Tiamat... Something strange is happening here... I'm not about to stand by and let things get out of hand the way they did back then... but whatever happens, I have faith in you," he said, merely gazing back at her for a moment before gently pulling her into a hug. Upon letting her go from the embrace, he looked back up to Sawyer before he disappeared from view. "You be careful too, man," he said, and Sawyer seemed to give him a relaxed sort of salute in acknowledgement before continuing on his way.
Jett

The young man pushed the bottle away with his sleeve, not so inclined to touch it with his bare hands. "Still not much of the drinking type, Jax, but thank you," he said as a means of polite decline. "He mentioned that once, said you were a pain in the *** for a while, but then when everything started going up in flames you, and I quote, 'finally started getting your priorities straight'. Believe me, I'm sure he warmed up to you when you stopped his dragon from going on a rampage." He seemed to go quiet for a moment there before uttering a quiet chuckle. "Heh... interstellar dragon slayers... You're lucky you never ended up in Valenth. You wouldn't have gotten out of that place with your skin on the outside," he quipped humorously, instinctively brushing a hand along the quill badge at the mention of that particular subject before reaching for the radio as it was offered to him.

"Getting cold feet then? Well, I guess I could try to call him up. I mean, the guy and his two pals saved my life years ago and I in turn kept him alive on an alien planet, so you could say we've got a mutual respect at least..." Still, he seemed a bit hesitant. This radio looked like it was about to crumble apart in his hands. He knew by now this group's technology was often far more advanced than it looked, but... seriously, Jax needed to be more careful with his stuff.

Holding the radio up close, he pressed the button to begin sending the transmission, hoping the old veteran still had the receiving device on hand.

---

Rhett

The base just seemed to give off a really unsettling aura to it today. Rhett couldn't quite put his finger on just what it was specifically, just, so many small details seemed off... and then the man in black showed up and claimed he was here on the business of the president. Well, now the uneasiness all made more sense. Nothing ever felt right when he was involved... He still couldn't quite grasp how he got the job in the first place, but then, he was still wondering how his predecessor got the job considering her own lack of qualifications, but... well, he wasn't one for speaking ill of the dead. That aside, Rhett could sense Gronk's distrust and frustration, and he couldn't blame the guy, much as he hoped he wouldn't do anything rash.

"So there's finally someone doing something about that crash. I don't mean to offend, but you fellas seemed to be taking your sweet time getting that together. No guards, no signs, no roadblocks, nothing to divert passersby from the scene? You're just asking for the site to be tampered with in that condition! And don't even get me started with this BS Darbi finger-pointing. Aside from location, what other evidence do you have that justifies suspicion of anyone from the Darbi clan? They've done nothing but support and protect humanity since their arrival. To claim they would callously destroy a manned aircraft and murder its occupant in cold blood is a mighty damn big claim indeed, sir." Rhett was likely starting to sound rather confrontation by that point, much more so than he usually was. Much of Gronk's fury was clearly affecting the human's temperament.

He was about to grill this anonymous agent further when he heard a beeping noise in his back pocket... an uncommon but familiar sound. Was he really calling now of all times? What even for? He'd figured Jax would've lost his part of the radio by now... Awkwardly, Rhett turned away from the man with the classified name and pulled out the radio, holding it close as he wasn't intending to let any particular eavesdroppers listen in.

"Uh... Hello?" he muttered with uncertainty.

"Ah... Mr. Ryder? That you?" a voice emanated in response. That definitely wasn't Jax... but it sure as hell sounded familiar anyways.

"Wait... Jett? That you, kid? What's going on?" he asked, really not expecting to hear back from the young science whiz, certainly not in these circumstances.

"Oh, cool, you still have the device... Nice to hear from you again, sir... Uh... I'm sorry I'm just suddenly contacting you like this out of the blue and all, but... Well, another old pal of yours wanted to pay a visit, spotted something fishy he wants to talk to you about in person, but he couldn't get the nerve to talk to you himself about it... You-know-who, of course."

Rhett had to stifle a chuckle at that. Jax was the same as ever apparently. Still, this really was an awkward time for this to happen...

"Uh... I mean, if he wants to drop by he can, but... We might kinda have a situation of our own over here... Honestly I probably shouldn't even be talking for too long... We're still at the usual spot in the Mojave, just be careful, alright?"

"Wait, what do you mean? Situation how?" Jett asked, but Rhett didn't want to risk dragging the conversation any further.

"Not a good time, I'll tell you when you get here," he replied, putting the radio away and merely turning back around as if nothing had happened.

"Sorry about that. Had to take a call."

---

Atticus/Sawyer

Atticus merely gave a sheepish sort of shrug at Kara's initial response to their plan. She pointed out what they certainly knew already, that the consequences of getting caught were... unpleasant at best. But to both his and Sawyer's surprise, she was willing to go along with it. Sure, Atticus knew Kara was a helpful sort, she was almost certainly a huge factor to his keeping this job in the first place, definitely one of the few in this clan truly on his side along with Tiamat of course. Still, to actually participate in this little scheme of theirs... Well clearly he needed to be all the more appreciative of what she was willing to do for them.

Sawyer quickly gave a nod in affirmation as he followed Arank into the building, staying close to the dragon, clearly concerned about his well-being, as that 'headache' was definitely not looking to be getting any better... He'd dare say Arank looked a lot worse now that they were at the tower entrance. Something was certainly amiss for this to be happening to the guy... but of course he tried to pass it off as little to worry about. Sawyer knew better, but he also knew Arank wasn't one to be all forthcoming about his condition with just anyone. He'd have to make sure the dragon didn't end up collapsing or anything while they were investigating.

Atticus was hesitant on staying outside, but Kara's reasoning was sound. If he wasn't at his post, that would raise far more suspicion. As Tiamat held him close and kissed him, he made sure to return the gesture before their lips pulled away. He felt the same feeling of elation as always when they kissed, it was something he knew for a fact would never get old. He felt like he could face down an army of demons just to experience this again and again... and truth be told he'd gotten pretty close in that regard before.

"I hope you're right... Just, whatever happens in there, y'know... look after yourself, alright? I know, I say it all the time but... Just, this time especially, please... be careful, Tiamat... Something strange is happening here... I'm not about to stand by and let things get out of hand the way they did back then... but whatever happens, I have faith in you," he said, merely gazing back at her for a moment before gently pulling her into a hug. Upon letting her go from the embrace, he looked back up to Sawyer before he disappeared from view. "You be careful too, man," he said, and Sawyer seemed to give him a relaxed sort of salute in acknowledgement before continuing on his way.
New York, Senji

"Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes, for me, it is when I see someone I know and I can't go up to them. Can't make things go back to normal like it was before. They are right in front of me and I can't just run up to them to talk and or take care of them".

Leading the way as they headed toward some diners to get something to eat. The dragon looked back at the fellow dragon a few times. Getting to one place he thought looked interesting he headed for a booth the in the corner. So it was a little more private than sitting the other open tables. Waiting to be served he took a small ribbon from his pocket. The dragon smiled at it as he thought about the past. Sitting back he then sighed and took off his metal gloves placing them next to him.

" Mira, do you remember anything? Like locations? Maybe if you do you could trace to those places. Heard doing that helps people, sometimes it just takes time. I am sure with just some patience things will come back! Maybe your head just needed a break from everything for a bit? Sure wish my mind could take long breaks with this job I do."
New York, Senji

"Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes, for me, it is when I see someone I know and I can't go up to them. Can't make things go back to normal like it was before. They are right in front of me and I can't just run up to them to talk and or take care of them".

Leading the way as they headed toward some diners to get something to eat. The dragon looked back at the fellow dragon a few times. Getting to one place he thought looked interesting he headed for a booth the in the corner. So it was a little more private than sitting the other open tables. Waiting to be served he took a small ribbon from his pocket. The dragon smiled at it as he thought about the past. Sitting back he then sighed and took off his metal gloves placing them next to him.

" Mira, do you remember anything? Like locations? Maybe if you do you could trace to those places. Heard doing that helps people, sometimes it just takes time. I am sure with just some patience things will come back! Maybe your head just needed a break from everything for a bit? Sure wish my mind could take long breaks with this job I do."
A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
Good things, many devils.
MIRA

Mira had looked around as they walked along the sidewalk. It was all interesting as she looked through the windows of the different shops and stores. She didn't get out very much at least to go out and look at what the humans had for sale and too eat. Getting into a small diner she followed him to a more or less secluded corner table. 'Surely there must be a reason he chose this location.' She thought to herself as she looked across the table as they patiently waited for a server to arrive.

After he took out a ribbon she stared at it. In addition to his face and the ribbon there was no way it could be questioned he is in some way attached to her past. She then took her eyes off the ribbon and looked back up at his face trying to remember who he was. "All I remember is waking up on a riverbank. I don't even remember when I woke up. It is not a good feeling not knowing your past."
MIRA

Mira had looked around as they walked along the sidewalk. It was all interesting as she looked through the windows of the different shops and stores. She didn't get out very much at least to go out and look at what the humans had for sale and too eat. Getting into a small diner she followed him to a more or less secluded corner table. 'Surely there must be a reason he chose this location.' She thought to herself as she looked across the table as they patiently waited for a server to arrive.

After he took out a ribbon she stared at it. In addition to his face and the ribbon there was no way it could be questioned he is in some way attached to her past. She then took her eyes off the ribbon and looked back up at his face trying to remember who he was. "All I remember is waking up on a riverbank. I don't even remember when I woke up. It is not a good feeling not knowing your past."
Tiamat,Kara, and Arank

" I will be careful, Atticus". Tiamat then gave him a cute smile just before she headed inside. Once everyone was inside the main lobby. Kara made sure to lock the door behind them."Welcome to the Dokusei Tower! Don't go wandering around without Tiamat or I and try not to break anything, please". Most of the walls inside of the building are black marble and the furniture had a very gothic look to it. Tall metal lamp posts stood on each side of the six huge columns holding up the floor above. The floor of the main lobby was covered by a red-wine colored carpet. It had gold trimming along the sides. A few creepy skeletons of humans and creatures stood by the walls of the room. One very large staircase could be seen leading up to two huge silver and black doors. Next to the stairs are two elevators one seemed to have a lock on the doors and a keypad next to the button. Kara led the three to the bottom of the large staircase. Then started to go up it to open the large doors.

"This place is bigger inside than I thought, looks like some gothic castle. Wonder what the rest of this tower looks like!". Arank said as he stared at the many paintings on the walls. Then he looked at the skeletons and then up at the giant chandelier. Kara smiled at the boy and then folded her arms as she stood near the doorway. "This is the main dining hall, I am sure this will work for what you need to talk about. I will go fetch you all something to drink and eat. Tiemeth may not like guests but I find it nice to have someone else to talk with. Nice to even have another human around as well. Even if his coat is well...strange". She then looked at Sawyer as she walked into the dining hall and headed for a door across the room. She then opened the door and left the three alone for the moment.

"Ah! This table is huge! Tiamat, why does your father have a table that seats so many? He doesn't like guests and he has this?...isn't it just a few of you here?". Arank was still just in shock of this tower. It was like walking into the richest place on earth and walking back in time. It was very pretty but also very scary looking because of the skeletons. Tiamat laughed a bit then took a seat at the table." He has a few more rooms like this on some of the other floors. Usually, when families of the dead have services he gives them something to eat after". Arank rubbed his eye then took a seat next to Tiamat. Resting his head on the back of the chair he sighed. His head was still hurting but he was trying to work through it. Tiamat then adjusted herself and crossed her legs and sighed. "So what exactly do you two want to know about John? Should I just tell you all that I know and hope something helps?". She was a bit nervous, the idea of Havok being in the building made her worry. Trying not to show it on her face. The dragon tried to keep her focus on Sawyer and Arank.

Gronk

The guy in the suit waited for the man to finish his call before speaking again." The plan was to secure the area but we didn't want to be the next victim. When we tried the sounds of deep growls could be heard, we tried to locate the source but failed. Large rocks suddenly came flying at us so we got out of the area fast. This is why we speculate it is a dragon and sorta lean towards the Darbi! I understand how frustrating this may be for you both!". Gronk folded his arms and closed his eye for a moment. Thinking to himself he just stood there. The Darbi is known mainly as Earthbending or sandbending dragons. A rare few are skilled with lightning or electricity abilities, like his friend Zoir. Could there be another dragon like his own causing trouble out here? If one is out here then who is it? Gronk rarely came across other dragons who had similar abilities as his own outside of the clan.

He then opened his eye and glared at the mysterious man. "If we help you find this...dragon...will you leave us Darbi alone? I mean if you are really telling us the truth that is. To be honest, when we were just there I saw no signs of a dragon. But I guess it can get windy out here so maybe the sands covered that up...can't tell if you are lying or not". The man smiled at the dragon and seemed excited for a moment. " Hey! That sounds like a great idea! If this dragon is found then you will have my word that your clan will be left alone. Heck, you may even deal with the creature how you see fit". The one-eyed dragon then looked at Rhett for a moment very annoyed and then sighed. "So...you wanna go hunting for this dragon? Even if it could be a lie?".

Jax

Jax made faces at the radio when he heard Rhett on the other end. Then took a sip of rum and then looked at the ceiling. From what he could hear something was happening. Raising an eyebrow he then looked at the tv and started to think. Then a phone on the wall started to ring, the pirate then bolted to his feet and he rushed to it. One of the bottles fell to the floor. "Captain Jax speaking!" he then looked very sad as he stared at the bottle. Then his face got a more serious look to it. Putting a hand on his hip then sighed and repeated with a few"okay" and "fine". He did this for five minutes then hung up the phone. Looking at Jett he then sighed walking to over to pick up the bottle. "Well, Sammy is fine and so is the dragon. They found out the place is more active than we thought, saw unmarked cargo ships docking at the islands. Not sure what the things have in them though...but something is defiantly going on. I really hope this whole thing doesn't lead into something awful like another war or one big nasty fight".
Tiamat,Kara, and Arank

" I will be careful, Atticus". Tiamat then gave him a cute smile just before she headed inside. Once everyone was inside the main lobby. Kara made sure to lock the door behind them."Welcome to the Dokusei Tower! Don't go wandering around without Tiamat or I and try not to break anything, please". Most of the walls inside of the building are black marble and the furniture had a very gothic look to it. Tall metal lamp posts stood on each side of the six huge columns holding up the floor above. The floor of the main lobby was covered by a red-wine colored carpet. It had gold trimming along the sides. A few creepy skeletons of humans and creatures stood by the walls of the room. One very large staircase could be seen leading up to two huge silver and black doors. Next to the stairs are two elevators one seemed to have a lock on the doors and a keypad next to the button. Kara led the three to the bottom of the large staircase. Then started to go up it to open the large doors.

"This place is bigger inside than I thought, looks like some gothic castle. Wonder what the rest of this tower looks like!". Arank said as he stared at the many paintings on the walls. Then he looked at the skeletons and then up at the giant chandelier. Kara smiled at the boy and then folded her arms as she stood near the doorway. "This is the main dining hall, I am sure this will work for what you need to talk about. I will go fetch you all something to drink and eat. Tiemeth may not like guests but I find it nice to have someone else to talk with. Nice to even have another human around as well. Even if his coat is well...strange". She then looked at Sawyer as she walked into the dining hall and headed for a door across the room. She then opened the door and left the three alone for the moment.

"Ah! This table is huge! Tiamat, why does your father have a table that seats so many? He doesn't like guests and he has this?...isn't it just a few of you here?". Arank was still just in shock of this tower. It was like walking into the richest place on earth and walking back in time. It was very pretty but also very scary looking because of the skeletons. Tiamat laughed a bit then took a seat at the table." He has a few more rooms like this on some of the other floors. Usually, when families of the dead have services he gives them something to eat after". Arank rubbed his eye then took a seat next to Tiamat. Resting his head on the back of the chair he sighed. His head was still hurting but he was trying to work through it. Tiamat then adjusted herself and crossed her legs and sighed. "So what exactly do you two want to know about John? Should I just tell you all that I know and hope something helps?". She was a bit nervous, the idea of Havok being in the building made her worry. Trying not to show it on her face. The dragon tried to keep her focus on Sawyer and Arank.

Gronk

The guy in the suit waited for the man to finish his call before speaking again." The plan was to secure the area but we didn't want to be the next victim. When we tried the sounds of deep growls could be heard, we tried to locate the source but failed. Large rocks suddenly came flying at us so we got out of the area fast. This is why we speculate it is a dragon and sorta lean towards the Darbi! I understand how frustrating this may be for you both!". Gronk folded his arms and closed his eye for a moment. Thinking to himself he just stood there. The Darbi is known mainly as Earthbending or sandbending dragons. A rare few are skilled with lightning or electricity abilities, like his friend Zoir. Could there be another dragon like his own causing trouble out here? If one is out here then who is it? Gronk rarely came across other dragons who had similar abilities as his own outside of the clan.

He then opened his eye and glared at the mysterious man. "If we help you find this...dragon...will you leave us Darbi alone? I mean if you are really telling us the truth that is. To be honest, when we were just there I saw no signs of a dragon. But I guess it can get windy out here so maybe the sands covered that up...can't tell if you are lying or not". The man smiled at the dragon and seemed excited for a moment. " Hey! That sounds like a great idea! If this dragon is found then you will have my word that your clan will be left alone. Heck, you may even deal with the creature how you see fit". The one-eyed dragon then looked at Rhett for a moment very annoyed and then sighed. "So...you wanna go hunting for this dragon? Even if it could be a lie?".

Jax

Jax made faces at the radio when he heard Rhett on the other end. Then took a sip of rum and then looked at the ceiling. From what he could hear something was happening. Raising an eyebrow he then looked at the tv and started to think. Then a phone on the wall started to ring, the pirate then bolted to his feet and he rushed to it. One of the bottles fell to the floor. "Captain Jax speaking!" he then looked very sad as he stared at the bottle. Then his face got a more serious look to it. Putting a hand on his hip then sighed and repeated with a few"okay" and "fine". He did this for five minutes then hung up the phone. Looking at Jett he then sighed walking to over to pick up the bottle. "Well, Sammy is fine and so is the dragon. They found out the place is more active than we thought, saw unmarked cargo ships docking at the islands. Not sure what the things have in them though...but something is defiantly going on. I really hope this whole thing doesn't lead into something awful like another war or one big nasty fight".
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
Sawyer

Sawyer thought he'd stepped into some demented Tolkien-esque dimension upon getting a good look at the interiors of the tower. It certainly had a very... grim personality to it, putting it very mildly. The skeletons in particular seemed terribly unsanitary, not to mention the fact that their presence at all was an unnerving sight to behold, especially if they were as real as they appeared.

He stayed quiet for the most part as they went up the stairs and into the dining hall, though that last comment Kara made seemed to definitely strike a nerve. He nonetheless held his tongue until she left the three of them to their own devices for the time being. After which he clearly needed to get something off his chest.

"Okay, I'm just gonna come right out and say this... I reckon I don't get what makes my coat so strange when there are goddamned decomposed CORPSES just laying around in this building like decorations! I'd think an old jacket might be just a little less jarrin' to deal with! Seriously, do some people request their dead to just be tossed in the hallways to rot, or are these guys a different case altogether?" He quickly got a hold of himself after that brief rant, shaking his head to force off the unsettling feelings.

"Sorry... never mind, that ain't as important right now, messed up as it is... If you just wanna tell us whatever you know about Zermack, yeah, every little bit ought'a count I'd think. I mean, unless I'm mistaken, we all had a run-in with the man a couple years ago, but that whole situation was so messed up and things were happenin' so quickly that so much of it is just a big ol' blur... I just remember the guy had... just a bunch of cages and crap like that, seemed like he was performin' experiments or somethin' on dragons... I mean, just that alone made him pretty damn untrustworthy..."

---

Atticus

With the rest of the party disappearing into the unfathomably large tower, Atticus merely sighed and went back to his post, standing guard, observing for any passers-by that might be showing an interest in foolishly trying to enter out of sheer curiosity. This was one of the absolute biggest cities in the world, plenty of tourists were certain to not know of the strict regiment Tiemeth and his clan upheld. He'd prefer these people not get incinerated or otherwise disappear under mysterious circumstances. It all just reminded him of how much of a risk it was letting Sawyer in there... He sincerely hoped Kara knew what she was doing. Generally she did, she was a very wise and experienced woman after all, but she was still human, still not infallible. Hopefully this wasn't going to be one of those rare moments where she might make an error in judgement, for the entire group's sake.

---

Rhett

Rhett merely looked at Gronk for a moment, uncertainty clear in his eyes, before glancing back to the suit with further distrust. Red flags were going up in droves in his mind at this guy's intentions. Still, they couldn't just do nothing and complacently allow suspicion of the Darbi clan to continue. No, that clan was pretty much the man's family by this point, he couldn't allow them to suffer the consequences of... whoever or whatever killed that poor jet pilot.

"Guess we ought to at least give it a shot, Gronk... No way am I letting any of these people continue to muck up the Darbi's reputation, not on my watch," Rhett said to the dragon, motioning for them to both walk away from the other human. "We'll be sure to report whatever evidence we find... sir. We trust you'll remain true to your word as well."

---

Jett

"So there's more to this than we initially thought..." Jett murmured, getting up and pacing about a little as he let Jax's words compute in his mind, ruminating over just what these findings could truly infer. "Ships with unknown cargo... Honestly from what I've heard I wouldn't be surprised if this was all some secret detainment center... though I shudder to think for who and what in particular..." He walked over to where Jax was at that, looking him squarely in the eyes.

"None of us hope it's gonna be another one of those... None of us with stable minds at least. Still, you cannot deny we might be heading in that direction. All this suspicious activity, coming from a human leader no less. If it gets out that he's doing something to harm dragons, innocent or otherwise, with some inhumane practices, that'll indubitably be the spark of another attack from anyone still thinking along the same point of view as Garvus. Worse... it might inspire further rebellion, humanity could very well alienate itself from more dragons than just that old tyrant's lackeys. Civilization was lucky to withstand one strike of such a magnitude. If we suffer another... I am not so sure of our odds to make it out quite so in-tact."
Sawyer

Sawyer thought he'd stepped into some demented Tolkien-esque dimension upon getting a good look at the interiors of the tower. It certainly had a very... grim personality to it, putting it very mildly. The skeletons in particular seemed terribly unsanitary, not to mention the fact that their presence at all was an unnerving sight to behold, especially if they were as real as they appeared.

He stayed quiet for the most part as they went up the stairs and into the dining hall, though that last comment Kara made seemed to definitely strike a nerve. He nonetheless held his tongue until she left the three of them to their own devices for the time being. After which he clearly needed to get something off his chest.

"Okay, I'm just gonna come right out and say this... I reckon I don't get what makes my coat so strange when there are goddamned decomposed CORPSES just laying around in this building like decorations! I'd think an old jacket might be just a little less jarrin' to deal with! Seriously, do some people request their dead to just be tossed in the hallways to rot, or are these guys a different case altogether?" He quickly got a hold of himself after that brief rant, shaking his head to force off the unsettling feelings.

"Sorry... never mind, that ain't as important right now, messed up as it is... If you just wanna tell us whatever you know about Zermack, yeah, every little bit ought'a count I'd think. I mean, unless I'm mistaken, we all had a run-in with the man a couple years ago, but that whole situation was so messed up and things were happenin' so quickly that so much of it is just a big ol' blur... I just remember the guy had... just a bunch of cages and crap like that, seemed like he was performin' experiments or somethin' on dragons... I mean, just that alone made him pretty damn untrustworthy..."

---

Atticus

With the rest of the party disappearing into the unfathomably large tower, Atticus merely sighed and went back to his post, standing guard, observing for any passers-by that might be showing an interest in foolishly trying to enter out of sheer curiosity. This was one of the absolute biggest cities in the world, plenty of tourists were certain to not know of the strict regiment Tiemeth and his clan upheld. He'd prefer these people not get incinerated or otherwise disappear under mysterious circumstances. It all just reminded him of how much of a risk it was letting Sawyer in there... He sincerely hoped Kara knew what she was doing. Generally she did, she was a very wise and experienced woman after all, but she was still human, still not infallible. Hopefully this wasn't going to be one of those rare moments where she might make an error in judgement, for the entire group's sake.

---

Rhett

Rhett merely looked at Gronk for a moment, uncertainty clear in his eyes, before glancing back to the suit with further distrust. Red flags were going up in droves in his mind at this guy's intentions. Still, they couldn't just do nothing and complacently allow suspicion of the Darbi clan to continue. No, that clan was pretty much the man's family by this point, he couldn't allow them to suffer the consequences of... whoever or whatever killed that poor jet pilot.

"Guess we ought to at least give it a shot, Gronk... No way am I letting any of these people continue to muck up the Darbi's reputation, not on my watch," Rhett said to the dragon, motioning for them to both walk away from the other human. "We'll be sure to report whatever evidence we find... sir. We trust you'll remain true to your word as well."

---

Jett

"So there's more to this than we initially thought..." Jett murmured, getting up and pacing about a little as he let Jax's words compute in his mind, ruminating over just what these findings could truly infer. "Ships with unknown cargo... Honestly from what I've heard I wouldn't be surprised if this was all some secret detainment center... though I shudder to think for who and what in particular..." He walked over to where Jax was at that, looking him squarely in the eyes.

"None of us hope it's gonna be another one of those... None of us with stable minds at least. Still, you cannot deny we might be heading in that direction. All this suspicious activity, coming from a human leader no less. If it gets out that he's doing something to harm dragons, innocent or otherwise, with some inhumane practices, that'll indubitably be the spark of another attack from anyone still thinking along the same point of view as Garvus. Worse... it might inspire further rebellion, humanity could very well alienate itself from more dragons than just that old tyrant's lackeys. Civilization was lucky to withstand one strike of such a magnitude. If we suffer another... I am not so sure of our odds to make it out quite so in-tact."
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25