Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Behind The Clouds (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
"Well, if you're looking for most bang for your buck, our trash plate should interest you. It's biscuits n gravy with some seasoned fries, complete with two eggs, about eight hundred calories, all for seven bucks." She thought a bit, thinking what else would interest the man.
"We also have normal pancakes, seven dollars a stack, and fix ins are free, so it just depends what you're in tha mood for, but ill give ya more time to decide, call me when you've decided."
Kris said taking her leave to the grill behind the unused bar and cash machine.
There was a bit of noise as she cooked, sweet, home-like smells permeating the air. The pancakes were finished first, a stack of six, French toast shortly afterward. The steak was cooked within three minutes, to a juicy rare perfection, the salty rub making a nice sizzle.
Adair' s food was cooked last, and most spectacularly, as she did set it on fire for a few seconds, pineapple chunks barely caramelizing with spicy peppers, juices flavoring the shrimps already sweet meat.
Twenty minutes later, the food was served with a cheerful. "Order up!" Whipped cream was provided to the little girl's table to top her food with, along with Kris refilling Adair's mug.
"Well, if you're looking for most bang for your buck, our trash plate should interest you. It's biscuits n gravy with some seasoned fries, complete with two eggs, about eight hundred calories, all for seven bucks." She thought a bit, thinking what else would interest the man.
"We also have normal pancakes, seven dollars a stack, and fix ins are free, so it just depends what you're in tha mood for, but ill give ya more time to decide, call me when you've decided."
Kris said taking her leave to the grill behind the unused bar and cash machine.
There was a bit of noise as she cooked, sweet, home-like smells permeating the air. The pancakes were finished first, a stack of six, French toast shortly afterward. The steak was cooked within three minutes, to a juicy rare perfection, the salty rub making a nice sizzle.
Adair' s food was cooked last, and most spectacularly, as she did set it on fire for a few seconds, pineapple chunks barely caramelizing with spicy peppers, juices flavoring the shrimps already sweet meat.
Twenty minutes later, the food was served with a cheerful. "Order up!" Whipped cream was provided to the little girl's table to top her food with, along with Kris refilling Adair's mug.
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
Arank

He watched the human and then smiled at him. " The sounds of the city does not bug me. It is good to hear it, the city would be sad without them...like it was before". Sliding off the car he stood with his arms by his sides. Looking up at the tower also, he let out a sigh." This place is very dark, scary but also peaceful. The dead have a place to rest that is quiet and safe. No one can disturb them here, unlike with other places." Folding his arms the dragon started to think. Not long ago, he faintly heard an announcement, from the radio or a loud TV. That John was planning to set up some kind of celebration for dragons. Something about it made him think for a moment.

Keeping his arms still folded, looking at his human friend. "Sawyer, what about that event?... holiday...John briefly mentioned... many people will gather something could happen?... also he said something about assigning locations... isn't that odd? I thought holidays were often held within households? And or well anywhere? When you humans have birthdays does the government assign you a location? New Year parties are not just in New York they are in other locations? Yes? Oh...I hope I am saying the words right". The boy then shifted as he tried to think back at what he said. Sometimes he feels like he speaks too fast and miss says something.

Part of him thought about talking to Kara about the president. The woman was very knowledgeable and had very sharp eyes. Arank did kinda want to just visit the tower just to see her. If, Tiamat was around it would be wonderful to see her again also. It has been a while since he saw either of them
Gronk

"Awesome!" he said, smiling as he led the way heading for the entrance. Once away from the eyes and ears of everyone else he sighed. "This whole watch everything, while dad is gone, is a bit of a pain. Did he think it would take my mind off of things? I really like this place, but it is so boring. Haven't had a good fight in a while. Happy for everyone I really am and this peace thing". Folding his arms the dragon looked at the sun and then to the surrounding areas. Trying to think which direction to start walking. The whole patrol idea this time was just an excuse to get out of the village for a moment. Now he may have to just keep his word.

"Well, guess we could start east side? Making our way around the area? Could even stop by the base and see what they are up to. They have not contacted us in a few days. Bet they got tired of us, eh?". Gronk thought about flying, it would be easier for them both. It would make patrolling so much easier for them both. After thinking for a moment the dragon spaced out at the air. What if things went wrong? The last thing he wanted was to be THAT monster again.

Tiamat

"Thank you, Atticus you always seem to find ways to make me happier". Sighing once more she pushed the thoughts of that dead dragon aside for now. Then smiled as she took Atticus's hand then said." Well, we may be a bit late, but at least we will show up. I wonder if Kara is worried? I hope she is not though. Oh I really hope you don't get in trouble, you won't get yelled at will you for being late?". Brushing her white dress off a bit, she then headed for the door. It was New York most people often walked, used a train or road in a taxi. Tiamat was going to let Atticus lead the way on this one. Knowing her something would catch her attention get distracted by it. She would fly them both over but that was not allowed.

She could feel her stomach growling a bit. It would have to wait till she got to the tower. Maybe, Kara could get her something to eat? Tiamat was craving something sweet like cheesecake. The dragon really had a sweet tooth for cakes and cookies. Not the healthiest foods, but at least she had some kind of favorite human food right? She did like other foods but they were not at the top of her list. Tiamat was not very big into trying new foods.
Arank

He watched the human and then smiled at him. " The sounds of the city does not bug me. It is good to hear it, the city would be sad without them...like it was before". Sliding off the car he stood with his arms by his sides. Looking up at the tower also, he let out a sigh." This place is very dark, scary but also peaceful. The dead have a place to rest that is quiet and safe. No one can disturb them here, unlike with other places." Folding his arms the dragon started to think. Not long ago, he faintly heard an announcement, from the radio or a loud TV. That John was planning to set up some kind of celebration for dragons. Something about it made him think for a moment.

Keeping his arms still folded, looking at his human friend. "Sawyer, what about that event?... holiday...John briefly mentioned... many people will gather something could happen?... also he said something about assigning locations... isn't that odd? I thought holidays were often held within households? And or well anywhere? When you humans have birthdays does the government assign you a location? New Year parties are not just in New York they are in other locations? Yes? Oh...I hope I am saying the words right". The boy then shifted as he tried to think back at what he said. Sometimes he feels like he speaks too fast and miss says something.

Part of him thought about talking to Kara about the president. The woman was very knowledgeable and had very sharp eyes. Arank did kinda want to just visit the tower just to see her. If, Tiamat was around it would be wonderful to see her again also. It has been a while since he saw either of them
Gronk

"Awesome!" he said, smiling as he led the way heading for the entrance. Once away from the eyes and ears of everyone else he sighed. "This whole watch everything, while dad is gone, is a bit of a pain. Did he think it would take my mind off of things? I really like this place, but it is so boring. Haven't had a good fight in a while. Happy for everyone I really am and this peace thing". Folding his arms the dragon looked at the sun and then to the surrounding areas. Trying to think which direction to start walking. The whole patrol idea this time was just an excuse to get out of the village for a moment. Now he may have to just keep his word.

"Well, guess we could start east side? Making our way around the area? Could even stop by the base and see what they are up to. They have not contacted us in a few days. Bet they got tired of us, eh?". Gronk thought about flying, it would be easier for them both. It would make patrolling so much easier for them both. After thinking for a moment the dragon spaced out at the air. What if things went wrong? The last thing he wanted was to be THAT monster again.

Tiamat

"Thank you, Atticus you always seem to find ways to make me happier". Sighing once more she pushed the thoughts of that dead dragon aside for now. Then smiled as she took Atticus's hand then said." Well, we may be a bit late, but at least we will show up. I wonder if Kara is worried? I hope she is not though. Oh I really hope you don't get in trouble, you won't get yelled at will you for being late?". Brushing her white dress off a bit, she then headed for the door. It was New York most people often walked, used a train or road in a taxi. Tiamat was going to let Atticus lead the way on this one. Knowing her something would catch her attention get distracted by it. She would fly them both over but that was not allowed.

She could feel her stomach growling a bit. It would have to wait till she got to the tower. Maybe, Kara could get her something to eat? Tiamat was craving something sweet like cheesecake. The dragon really had a sweet tooth for cakes and cookies. Not the healthiest foods, but at least she had some kind of favorite human food right? She did like other foods but they were not at the top of her list. Tiamat was not very big into trying new foods.
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
Interacting with: @TylRegor (Can I just say MAN you are doing Great at this waitress thing) and @Foxbrush
Noticeable by: @LunarSolstice
(Once again sorry about the wait guys!)

(New York, Dockspree 10:18-10:30am : 3)

Adair's brows go Up as now familiar little girl's face Boops up over the back of the booth. He gives a snort and an amused smile. But then she starts talking so he scrunches his brow and leans forward to hear her.
Another snort and an amused smirk when she asks if he's a dragon. "Maybe~" The tease is real but light and playful. He just wanted to Boop her button nose SOOO bad.
But that would be rude. "What about You~?"

Paranoid eyes dart towards the newest customer, but they were just a customer, before darting back to the little girl.
Kris returns with his breakfast and a refill and he turns to with a dramatic arm flourish.
"OH BLESS YOU BLESS YOU MY JAVA NAGEL SENT TO FROM CAFFINA GODESS OF LIQUID CONIOUSENESS~" He's not Loud presay just over the top, a hand bats over his heart before he takes a sig of his second mug and then dips for a bite of his tacos.
Crunch Crunch Munch MMMMM~
Interacting with: @TylRegor (Can I just say MAN you are doing Great at this waitress thing) and @Foxbrush
Noticeable by: @LunarSolstice
(Once again sorry about the wait guys!)

(New York, Dockspree 10:18-10:30am : 3)

Adair's brows go Up as now familiar little girl's face Boops up over the back of the booth. He gives a snort and an amused smile. But then she starts talking so he scrunches his brow and leans forward to hear her.
Another snort and an amused smirk when she asks if he's a dragon. "Maybe~" The tease is real but light and playful. He just wanted to Boop her button nose SOOO bad.
But that would be rude. "What about You~?"

Paranoid eyes dart towards the newest customer, but they were just a customer, before darting back to the little girl.
Kris returns with his breakfast and a refill and he turns to with a dramatic arm flourish.
"OH BLESS YOU BLESS YOU MY JAVA NAGEL SENT TO FROM CAFFINA GODESS OF LIQUID CONIOUSENESS~" He's not Loud presay just over the top, a hand bats over his heart before he takes a sig of his second mug and then dips for a bite of his tacos.
Crunch Crunch Munch MMMMM~
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
Sawyer

Sawyer seemed to really ponder Arank's words for a moment before speaking up again.

"Yeah... you're sayin' the words right, kid... and you're right. It all really reeks of somethin' fishy now, don't it? We don't do much'a anythin' like this, not birthdays, not most holidays, outside'a a parade here or a New Years party there... This ain't somethin' we usually do, 'specially not with the head of the government playin' party planner for every state at once... The guy's gettin' overconfident, he knows he has this country eatin' out of his hands, he can lay out some scheme like this all lackadaisically and no one'll bat an eye. Somethin's gonna happen at all these locations he's tryin' to get set up, no doubt in my mind..." He stared at the tower a bit more as he cracked his knuckles in further contemplation. "Problem is... my voice ain't worth the mud on my shoes and... well... I don't know why but people still sometimes can't even see you in passin'... We're both sorta ghosts in our own right I guess... if we could just speak to someone with some kinda authority, maybe we could try and clamp down on this whole scheme before it goes off..."

---

Rhett

"Not a fan, huh? Not completely? Guess it is kinda... plain, which is a really weird thing to say when it's regarding dragons... but yeah, the whole simplistic lifestyle can be a pain to deal with, I'll give you that. Still, like you were saying... at least it's safe, people seem to be getting along, better than most places, there's merit to all that," Rhett said as he similarly gazed about the horizon ahead of them. "Not too surprised you've been itching for a fight, I know you too well these days to let that slip by. You know you can always ask for a spar or two and I'll usually be game for it," he said with a chuckle as he gave the dragon an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

The veteran calmly nodded along to Gronk's idea on where to start this particular patrol, though he seemed to slightly wince at the mention of the lack of recent military contact. "Wouldn't be the first time they were tired of me at least... Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they only called me in at all because they know you prefer my company. Tends to be more your particular skills that they're seeking anyway... but it's nice occasionally feeling like I'm right back in the thick of it... y'know, some of the time." He didn't seem to be reminiscing much longer after that, as he sensed where Gronk's thoughts were leading, looking over to him with an understanding glance.

"It's been two years, Gronk... You've been worrying about this ever since that day came around, I get that, but... Whatever darkness you were being plagued by, it can't still be kicking around in there any longer. I mean... if it was, if it was really that stubborn a thing, wouldn't you still be feeling it no matter what physical state you're in? You shouldn't have to deny your true form forever, bud."

---

Atticus

"Well, you know, making you happier... that's what I live for," Atticus replied with a warm grin as he helped Tiamat to her feet and accompanied her outside, thinking her words of concern over.

"I mean, Kara will probably understand if you're not always punctual all the time, I doubt she's panicking right now. As for me... I mean, I'm the only one they seem to allow to guard the place at all... I'm sure your ah... dad would love to get on my case, or have someone else shout at me for a bit, but so what? A little yelling isn't gonna hurt, I'll just nod and apologize and it'll all probably just be water under the bridge before noon," he said, as assuring about that as he could be as he guided them in the direction of the tower, which, fortunately, wasn't much of a walking distance from where they lived. Made things a lot more convenient when they didn't have to rely on public transit.

"Still, I'll admit I'm kinda surprised the Dokusei let me be their little human watchdog at all really. I mean, I know I made my case pretty convincing, cheap labor and all, none of them having to deal with humans directly, that sorta thing, but, it's still a bit of a shock knowing they agreed to it."
Sawyer

Sawyer seemed to really ponder Arank's words for a moment before speaking up again.

"Yeah... you're sayin' the words right, kid... and you're right. It all really reeks of somethin' fishy now, don't it? We don't do much'a anythin' like this, not birthdays, not most holidays, outside'a a parade here or a New Years party there... This ain't somethin' we usually do, 'specially not with the head of the government playin' party planner for every state at once... The guy's gettin' overconfident, he knows he has this country eatin' out of his hands, he can lay out some scheme like this all lackadaisically and no one'll bat an eye. Somethin's gonna happen at all these locations he's tryin' to get set up, no doubt in my mind..." He stared at the tower a bit more as he cracked his knuckles in further contemplation. "Problem is... my voice ain't worth the mud on my shoes and... well... I don't know why but people still sometimes can't even see you in passin'... We're both sorta ghosts in our own right I guess... if we could just speak to someone with some kinda authority, maybe we could try and clamp down on this whole scheme before it goes off..."

---

Rhett

"Not a fan, huh? Not completely? Guess it is kinda... plain, which is a really weird thing to say when it's regarding dragons... but yeah, the whole simplistic lifestyle can be a pain to deal with, I'll give you that. Still, like you were saying... at least it's safe, people seem to be getting along, better than most places, there's merit to all that," Rhett said as he similarly gazed about the horizon ahead of them. "Not too surprised you've been itching for a fight, I know you too well these days to let that slip by. You know you can always ask for a spar or two and I'll usually be game for it," he said with a chuckle as he gave the dragon an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

The veteran calmly nodded along to Gronk's idea on where to start this particular patrol, though he seemed to slightly wince at the mention of the lack of recent military contact. "Wouldn't be the first time they were tired of me at least... Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they only called me in at all because they know you prefer my company. Tends to be more your particular skills that they're seeking anyway... but it's nice occasionally feeling like I'm right back in the thick of it... y'know, some of the time." He didn't seem to be reminiscing much longer after that, as he sensed where Gronk's thoughts were leading, looking over to him with an understanding glance.

"It's been two years, Gronk... You've been worrying about this ever since that day came around, I get that, but... Whatever darkness you were being plagued by, it can't still be kicking around in there any longer. I mean... if it was, if it was really that stubborn a thing, wouldn't you still be feeling it no matter what physical state you're in? You shouldn't have to deny your true form forever, bud."

---

Atticus

"Well, you know, making you happier... that's what I live for," Atticus replied with a warm grin as he helped Tiamat to her feet and accompanied her outside, thinking her words of concern over.

"I mean, Kara will probably understand if you're not always punctual all the time, I doubt she's panicking right now. As for me... I mean, I'm the only one they seem to allow to guard the place at all... I'm sure your ah... dad would love to get on my case, or have someone else shout at me for a bit, but so what? A little yelling isn't gonna hurt, I'll just nod and apologize and it'll all probably just be water under the bridge before noon," he said, as assuring about that as he could be as he guided them in the direction of the tower, which, fortunately, wasn't much of a walking distance from where they lived. Made things a lot more convenient when they didn't have to rely on public transit.

"Still, I'll admit I'm kinda surprised the Dokusei let me be their little human watchdog at all really. I mean, I know I made my case pretty convincing, cheap labor and all, none of them having to deal with humans directly, that sorta thing, but, it's still a bit of a shock knowing they agreed to it."
"Thanks, but i just work here. Though people like you make it a bit more fun" Kris chuckled, thankfully most of this kid's antics were harmless, though she wasn't interested in the possible dragon's other offers nor assumptions about her.
"You want a bill or feel like desert?" She asked, adding up his current cost to about six American dollars.
[Sorry for short post, written in lunch break]
"Thanks, but i just work here. Though people like you make it a bit more fun" Kris chuckled, thankfully most of this kid's antics were harmless, though she wasn't interested in the possible dragon's other offers nor assumptions about her.
"You want a bill or feel like desert?" She asked, adding up his current cost to about six American dollars.
[Sorry for short post, written in lunch break]
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
'Trash... Trash plate...' He thought, subtly putting a hand over his mouth to muffle the sounds he was making as she left. Hopefully she couldn't hear. It was not a sound of disgust, but rather a sound of pure amusement as he tried his hardest not to laugh. He awkwardly bent downwards while trying to laugh as quietly as he could into his hand and muffling it the best he could. While he was (hopefully) doing well sound-wise, his appearance didn't really help to hide the fact that he was trying not to laugh in the background. 'W-What kind of dish name is Trash plate?!' He thought, tears almost coming to his eyes as he silently laughed a little bit more into his hand. He had never heard of a meal directly and officially called trash other than television, and it had seemed so otherworldly that it was an actual thing that he couldn't help but laugh at how peculiar it was. Even though he's been here for several years, it seemed like he still had a lot more things to learn.

He laughed uncontrollably into his hand, originally going to order it several minutes back but being unable to due so due to bursting into quiet laughter. At the back of his mind, he was slightly concerned about her being offended and thinking he was laughing at her, but it still didn't calm his silent laughing bout in the corner. It took him another several minutes to actually be able to speak again, in a way, and try to call the waitress over. "E-Excuse me." He quietly called out, a bit out of breath from his bout of laughter. "I-I'll take a soda and the..." He tried his best not to start bursting into laughter again. "T-The Trash plate." He said, finally getting his order in. Hopefully.
'Trash... Trash plate...' He thought, subtly putting a hand over his mouth to muffle the sounds he was making as she left. Hopefully she couldn't hear. It was not a sound of disgust, but rather a sound of pure amusement as he tried his hardest not to laugh. He awkwardly bent downwards while trying to laugh as quietly as he could into his hand and muffling it the best he could. While he was (hopefully) doing well sound-wise, his appearance didn't really help to hide the fact that he was trying not to laugh in the background. 'W-What kind of dish name is Trash plate?!' He thought, tears almost coming to his eyes as he silently laughed a little bit more into his hand. He had never heard of a meal directly and officially called trash other than television, and it had seemed so otherworldly that it was an actual thing that he couldn't help but laugh at how peculiar it was. Even though he's been here for several years, it seemed like he still had a lot more things to learn.

He laughed uncontrollably into his hand, originally going to order it several minutes back but being unable to due so due to bursting into quiet laughter. At the back of his mind, he was slightly concerned about her being offended and thinking he was laughing at her, but it still didn't calm his silent laughing bout in the corner. It took him another several minutes to actually be able to speak again, in a way, and try to call the waitress over. "E-Excuse me." He quietly called out, a bit out of breath from his bout of laughter. "I-I'll take a soda and the..." He tried his best not to start bursting into laughter again. "T-The Trash plate." He said, finally getting his order in. Hopefully.
I know that I should put something here...
Kris looked at the next booth over, the man looked as to burst at the seams. The woman smiled, turning her attention fully on the other customer. It took a bit longer than she would have thought to be convenient for the man to stop laughing long enough for her to actually hear the order, but his joy was appreciated.
She mumbled the order as she wrote it in native draconic on the notepad, writing down coke since they didn't specify what soda.
"Alright! Itll be out in a few minutes!" Kris chimed, walking quickly back to her workstation, mixing up the gravy and sausage as the three hour old biscuits re-heated in the oven, along with potato wedges frying to a crispy perfection.
Fifteen minutes later she returned with a medium sized plate with biscuts and fries covered in gravy with lightly peppered eggs on top.
"Bon appetit."
Kris looked at the next booth over, the man looked as to burst at the seams. The woman smiled, turning her attention fully on the other customer. It took a bit longer than she would have thought to be convenient for the man to stop laughing long enough for her to actually hear the order, but his joy was appreciated.
She mumbled the order as she wrote it in native draconic on the notepad, writing down coke since they didn't specify what soda.
"Alright! Itll be out in a few minutes!" Kris chimed, walking quickly back to her workstation, mixing up the gravy and sausage as the three hour old biscuits re-heated in the oven, along with potato wedges frying to a crispy perfection.
Fifteen minutes later she returned with a medium sized plate with biscuts and fries covered in gravy with lightly peppered eggs on top.
"Bon appetit."
Greenland:

Dracorexus exited her cave on the coast of Greenland. Everywhere she went a blizzard followed close behind her. She was truly a Queen for her elemental power. Her original clan had been destroyed a long time ago. After she found herself on Earth she first went to an isolated cold environment. After a few years several other ice and snow dragons joined her. They joined forces together and have lived a relatively peaceful life. However they craved excitement. They had not communicated with any of the humans since their arrival.

Volcom was the first to have joined Draco and with his arrival he became sort of a body guard for her. He spends most of his days flying across the frozen wasteland and up the coast patrolling their claimed territory. Draco spent most of hers flying over the ocean catching food to eat.

(Just a quick introduction to these two. More will come just been a bit busy.)
Greenland:

Dracorexus exited her cave on the coast of Greenland. Everywhere she went a blizzard followed close behind her. She was truly a Queen for her elemental power. Her original clan had been destroyed a long time ago. After she found herself on Earth she first went to an isolated cold environment. After a few years several other ice and snow dragons joined her. They joined forces together and have lived a relatively peaceful life. However they craved excitement. They had not communicated with any of the humans since their arrival.

Volcom was the first to have joined Draco and with his arrival he became sort of a body guard for her. He spends most of his days flying across the frozen wasteland and up the coast patrolling their claimed territory. Draco spent most of hers flying over the ocean catching food to eat.

(Just a quick introduction to these two. More will come just been a bit busy.)
Washington D.C.,Nornax

He patrolled the grounds of the White House. Checking every spot multiple times he took this job seriously. A few times he would check behind himself and wonder about that ice queen he was with before. The dragon did just leave one day without a word. Smiling and then laughing a bit he kept walking. This life was so much better now, serving that ice queen was a pain. John was so much nicer and having a conversation was so much simpler. That human treated him very well and often thanked the dragon for his service. Nornax could even get away with murder if he wanted to. He was a guard for John and if anyone threatens the alpha he would kill the foe if he had to.

"This by far was the best choice, besides, I bet that ice queen has forgotten me by now. I was so useless to her like a brown dead leaf on a tree. Working here is so much better. Joining the winning side isn't a bad thing right? Ha-ha! I get food and a place to live without fighting for it. Here I am respected and needed unlike how I was with that dragon."

Kentucky, Jason

Once the little girl was on the bus the ex-cop then headed back inside to clean up. Washing the table and then washing the dishes. He slightly limped as he walked, the man needed to get the leg checked. It has been a year and might need to refit it. Jason didn't have time for that and the place that did a year ago was in NewYork at the time. That city is a very popular place it survived Garvus's rampaged and people often love survivor stories. That city made this man nervous, the first day officially on the job and dragons go nuts.

After finishing the dishes and making the beds the guy went to work. He didn't lock the door and to be honest, he lived in a very quiet area. People didn't wander around here much like with a city. Besides, he would be back in a few hours. Max ran ahead of him as he walked over to the barn. The dog would turn back to walk next to Jason a bit.

"What do you think Max? Want to go to New York? I know I don't but my doctor is over there. Don't feel comfortable going to someone else for this thing! Who knows maybe that other cop...damn what was his name?... Atticus?... is still around!?"

He then stopped to look sky. The man has lost so many friends that he cared about. Some he doesn't know if they are alive or dead. Mira was someone he worried about a lot, he sort of lost contact with her. That dragon tried to help save his leg a long time ago. Those powers of hers were helpful and pretty. They could also be very dangerous as well. Shaking past memories aside he started walking again, he headed into the barn to get some work done. For the moment he turned off his mind and ignored his memories of the past. Max rested in the middle of the room on the floor watching and listening for anything.
Washington D.C.,Nornax

He patrolled the grounds of the White House. Checking every spot multiple times he took this job seriously. A few times he would check behind himself and wonder about that ice queen he was with before. The dragon did just leave one day without a word. Smiling and then laughing a bit he kept walking. This life was so much better now, serving that ice queen was a pain. John was so much nicer and having a conversation was so much simpler. That human treated him very well and often thanked the dragon for his service. Nornax could even get away with murder if he wanted to. He was a guard for John and if anyone threatens the alpha he would kill the foe if he had to.

"This by far was the best choice, besides, I bet that ice queen has forgotten me by now. I was so useless to her like a brown dead leaf on a tree. Working here is so much better. Joining the winning side isn't a bad thing right? Ha-ha! I get food and a place to live without fighting for it. Here I am respected and needed unlike how I was with that dragon."

Kentucky, Jason

Once the little girl was on the bus the ex-cop then headed back inside to clean up. Washing the table and then washing the dishes. He slightly limped as he walked, the man needed to get the leg checked. It has been a year and might need to refit it. Jason didn't have time for that and the place that did a year ago was in NewYork at the time. That city is a very popular place it survived Garvus's rampaged and people often love survivor stories. That city made this man nervous, the first day officially on the job and dragons go nuts.

After finishing the dishes and making the beds the guy went to work. He didn't lock the door and to be honest, he lived in a very quiet area. People didn't wander around here much like with a city. Besides, he would be back in a few hours. Max ran ahead of him as he walked over to the barn. The dog would turn back to walk next to Jason a bit.

"What do you think Max? Want to go to New York? I know I don't but my doctor is over there. Don't feel comfortable going to someone else for this thing! Who knows maybe that other cop...damn what was his name?... Atticus?... is still around!?"

He then stopped to look sky. The man has lost so many friends that he cared about. Some he doesn't know if they are alive or dead. Mira was someone he worried about a lot, he sort of lost contact with her. That dragon tried to help save his leg a long time ago. Those powers of hers were helpful and pretty. They could also be very dangerous as well. Shaking past memories aside he started walking again, he headed into the barn to get some work done. For the moment he turned off his mind and ignored his memories of the past. Max rested in the middle of the room on the floor watching and listening for anything.
A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
Good things, many devils.
John

Sitting in his office with seven other men in black suits. He held a round silver bracelet in his hands and looked closely at it. "Oh, this really looks good! Looks just like a normal trinket but it is really a tracker? I love it! Good work men, this will give us an edge on getting to know our dragons better. For all, we know some are doing awful things". He then pressed a small button and smiled at it lighting up."Ohhh! It even has cute LED lights on it, this one is red! Why is it red?". One of the men at the table then spoke out.

"Red means you are human. Green is a dragon and blue means it is a wanted dragon or human. Yellow means they are not in any known database. A sample is needed to be put into the system and questions have to be asked. These bracelets just track those who wear them. Two tiny scanners check the skin and check the databases of all known information on the one wearing it".

John stood up, then walked around with the thing in his hand. "So! This will be the gift we give out at the celebration? I sure hope it is cause I really like it. Dragons have turned on us before, they must be watched. If this little thing prevents another event like the one that happened two years ago. Then the more power to us humans! More lives are saved, wish we didn't have to put these things on our own people. Sadly, you can mistake a human for dragons these days". Looking out the window he smiled at his reflection.
Tiamat

Walking with Atticus, she listened to him as she tried to not bump into anyone else. Part of her wondered about the same thing. "Believe me, I am as well, maybe he was in a good mood that day? Wonder if Kara or my mother had something to do with it? Father doesn't like humans, you and Kara are the only real exceptions. Considering mother and Kara have pact but then so do we". She quickly grabbed his hand and held it tightly not wanting to get separated by the crowds. Granted, they had a pact and could easily find each other if they got separated, but she still didn't want it to happen. Being with this human made her feel safe. She hated how soon the two of them would be apart for a while. She understood that Atticus had to work and in a way, he was still protecting her even if he was outside.

Tiamat then thought about the promise that was made a few years ago. They really have been through a lot together. Some would say they been to hell and back many times. The girl started to space out for a moment as she walked. Thoughts from the past started to flood in, like the Zaiboric Crystals she had not seen one in a very long time. That feeling she got from them hasn't happened for a while either.

Gronk

He then let out a sigh and then turned to the human. As he crossed his arms, he had a very serious look on his face. "Rhett, I can't look at myself without seeing it. When I try to sleep, I see the big ugly thing! I have a bad temper, sometimes my mouth goes. That day I felt like I was Garvus and I am nothing like that monster! Rhett, you are my brother, I would NEVER hurt you on purpose. That day...I could have killed you...us...I betrayed everyone even if it was not my fault". Gronk then started to walk East putting his hands over his face, he mumbled into them then also yelled. He had a bad habit of holding onto the past, sometimes he meant it other times it just lingered like a ghost.

He then turned around starting to walk backwards, then tried to talk about something else. "So how is that boy of yours? Atticus? Have not seen him in a while, I wonder how Tiamat is doing? Wouldn't mind seeing that boy and her again. Still don't know if he even likes me".
Arank

"Sawyer, you are not a ghost! Besides, some people like you they feel relaxed when you speak. The fear fades and they feel better". Smiling the young dragon then put his hands into his pockets. Trying to think before he said anything else. Trying to not mix them with emotions he was feeling around him. "Dokusei and John seem to both have a connection to this place it could be a key to getting information. Trying to get close to the man in charge could be..very difficult...so I would suggest talking to those we already know. Kara and Tiamat they both must see and hear a lot things that go on here. If the rumors are really true that is. Also, what about that man you know? Atticus? If I am not mistaken, I remember you both have a connection. He did work as an officer, right? Maybe he knows something?"

He then started to rub his left shoulder. Feeling a bit sick for a moment he took a deep breath. The wound was healed but the pain seemed to haunt him. " Oh...that feeling is back...why...does...it do that?". Closing his eyes the dragon waited for it to pass.
John

Sitting in his office with seven other men in black suits. He held a round silver bracelet in his hands and looked closely at it. "Oh, this really looks good! Looks just like a normal trinket but it is really a tracker? I love it! Good work men, this will give us an edge on getting to know our dragons better. For all, we know some are doing awful things". He then pressed a small button and smiled at it lighting up."Ohhh! It even has cute LED lights on it, this one is red! Why is it red?". One of the men at the table then spoke out.

"Red means you are human. Green is a dragon and blue means it is a wanted dragon or human. Yellow means they are not in any known database. A sample is needed to be put into the system and questions have to be asked. These bracelets just track those who wear them. Two tiny scanners check the skin and check the databases of all known information on the one wearing it".

John stood up, then walked around with the thing in his hand. "So! This will be the gift we give out at the celebration? I sure hope it is cause I really like it. Dragons have turned on us before, they must be watched. If this little thing prevents another event like the one that happened two years ago. Then the more power to us humans! More lives are saved, wish we didn't have to put these things on our own people. Sadly, you can mistake a human for dragons these days". Looking out the window he smiled at his reflection.
Tiamat

Walking with Atticus, she listened to him as she tried to not bump into anyone else. Part of her wondered about the same thing. "Believe me, I am as well, maybe he was in a good mood that day? Wonder if Kara or my mother had something to do with it? Father doesn't like humans, you and Kara are the only real exceptions. Considering mother and Kara have pact but then so do we". She quickly grabbed his hand and held it tightly not wanting to get separated by the crowds. Granted, they had a pact and could easily find each other if they got separated, but she still didn't want it to happen. Being with this human made her feel safe. She hated how soon the two of them would be apart for a while. She understood that Atticus had to work and in a way, he was still protecting her even if he was outside.

Tiamat then thought about the promise that was made a few years ago. They really have been through a lot together. Some would say they been to hell and back many times. The girl started to space out for a moment as she walked. Thoughts from the past started to flood in, like the Zaiboric Crystals she had not seen one in a very long time. That feeling she got from them hasn't happened for a while either.

Gronk

He then let out a sigh and then turned to the human. As he crossed his arms, he had a very serious look on his face. "Rhett, I can't look at myself without seeing it. When I try to sleep, I see the big ugly thing! I have a bad temper, sometimes my mouth goes. That day I felt like I was Garvus and I am nothing like that monster! Rhett, you are my brother, I would NEVER hurt you on purpose. That day...I could have killed you...us...I betrayed everyone even if it was not my fault". Gronk then started to walk East putting his hands over his face, he mumbled into them then also yelled. He had a bad habit of holding onto the past, sometimes he meant it other times it just lingered like a ghost.

He then turned around starting to walk backwards, then tried to talk about something else. "So how is that boy of yours? Atticus? Have not seen him in a while, I wonder how Tiamat is doing? Wouldn't mind seeing that boy and her again. Still don't know if he even likes me".
Arank

"Sawyer, you are not a ghost! Besides, some people like you they feel relaxed when you speak. The fear fades and they feel better". Smiling the young dragon then put his hands into his pockets. Trying to think before he said anything else. Trying to not mix them with emotions he was feeling around him. "Dokusei and John seem to both have a connection to this place it could be a key to getting information. Trying to get close to the man in charge could be..very difficult...so I would suggest talking to those we already know. Kara and Tiamat they both must see and hear a lot things that go on here. If the rumors are really true that is. Also, what about that man you know? Atticus? If I am not mistaken, I remember you both have a connection. He did work as an officer, right? Maybe he knows something?"

He then started to rub his left shoulder. Feeling a bit sick for a moment he took a deep breath. The wound was healed but the pain seemed to haunt him. " Oh...that feeling is back...why...does...it do that?". Closing his eyes the dragon waited for it to pass.
~If I do NOT respond in three minutes I am at work or away from the computer!~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25