Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Team Pink! [1x1 with suchgo]
Ta-da! @suchgo (I'm gonna make a cute little header graphic for this later because I'm extra)
Ta-da! @suchgo (I'm gonna make a cute little header graphic for this later because I'm extra)
7OfRPKX.png
The town of Redshore sat on the edge of a large hearty lake with a few rivers running into it. The ground was made a ruddy red clay, giving the town its name. Tall mesas shadowed the town, home to a great cave system. Its sister city, Mallowfield, sat on the opposite side of the lake, where the tributary gave way to fertile fields and forest. Most berries in the area came from Mallowfield, while Redshore was useful for mining evolutionary stones.

Redshore was a decently sized town, and home to a famous guild. Diggersby's Guild was known far and wide, run by Selene, a shiny Diggersby who was a great adventurer and a good mentor to younger Pokemon. She was strong and loud, but sensitive to other's feelings and knew when to push somebody versus when to comfort them. There were many houses, some burrows, some above ground houses. There was a small hospital, a bank, a school, a couple of shops, and the storage office. Then of course, was the post office with its job board. The post office was set up on the mesa, the perfect spot for the flying Pokemon who worked for the post office to deliver the mail.

There was a fountain in the middle of town, around it a nice garden. On a wooden bench in the garden a small pink Pokemon perched. Her fluffy pink feathers were puffed up around her, letting off a soft floral scent. She clutched a piece of paper, a note from the job board. A friend of hers had went into the caves underneath the mesa and hadn't returned for a day or two. When she knew something was wrong, she went to the guild but a snobbish team she met near the front refused to help her. The reward was only a couple hundred Poke, and a Lum berry. They laughed in her face, and she got so flustered she had to fly out as quick as she could.

She clutched the paper as a few tears bubbled up from her red eyes and ran down her white beak. She had to help her friend, and everybody else out there that the other rescue teams wouldn't help.
The town of Redshore sat on the edge of a large hearty lake with a few rivers running into it. The ground was made a ruddy red clay, giving the town its name. Tall mesas shadowed the town, home to a great cave system. Its sister city, Mallowfield, sat on the opposite side of the lake, where the tributary gave way to fertile fields and forest. Most berries in the area came from Mallowfield, while Redshore was useful for mining evolutionary stones.

Redshore was a decently sized town, and home to a famous guild. Diggersby's Guild was known far and wide, run by Selene, a shiny Diggersby who was a great adventurer and a good mentor to younger Pokemon. She was strong and loud, but sensitive to other's feelings and knew when to push somebody versus when to comfort them. There were many houses, some burrows, some above ground houses. There was a small hospital, a bank, a school, a couple of shops, and the storage office. Then of course, was the post office with its job board. The post office was set up on the mesa, the perfect spot for the flying Pokemon who worked for the post office to deliver the mail.

There was a fountain in the middle of town, around it a nice garden. On a wooden bench in the garden a small pink Pokemon perched. Her fluffy pink feathers were puffed up around her, letting off a soft floral scent. She clutched a piece of paper, a note from the job board. A friend of hers had went into the caves underneath the mesa and hadn't returned for a day or two. When she knew something was wrong, she went to the guild but a snobbish team she met near the front refused to help her. The reward was only a couple hundred Poke, and a Lum berry. They laughed in her face, and she got so flustered she had to fly out as quick as she could.

She clutched the paper as a few tears bubbled up from her red eyes and ran down her white beak. She had to help her friend, and everybody else out there that the other rescue teams wouldn't help.
pgBJCvK.png GyiFhfc.png
There were a few things that Eloise could pick up on immediately, just by sound alone- was someone sick? She could hear the coughing. Hurt? She knew exactly what trying to hide an injury sounded like. It wasn't often that she was just out and about, enjoying the day, and happened to pick up on something unusual. It almost sounded like someone in the garden was... crying? If there were a good place to have a cry, it would be in the garden. How could someone cry for long surrounded by all that beauty, after all! She knew it was none of her business, of course, but that wasn't about to stop her from trying to figure out who exactly it was that was crying and step in to help. (If she could.)

Eloise's ears twitched, her sensors curled and uncurled as she did her best to locate the source of such a gentle sound. The gardens weren't as busy today as they usually were, it seemed, which was refreshing at the least, and helpful at the best, because it took her just a few steps into the path to spot the crying Pokemon. She found them!

If she hadn't heard them, she would have known sooner or later, because the closer she got, the more it smelled like a floral daydream. As she stood there, she was hit with the realization that she didn't have much of a plan past this point. That wasn't very good... She picked her way to the bench carefully, trying her best to exude some sense of warmth without acting like she was putting a bandage on a skinned cheek.

"Is it alright if I sit here?" She gestured to the bench, sensors curling up tightly now that she was close. She wanted to ask what the paper was, and why they were crying, but- curiosity killed the caterpie. (And it would also be rude to jump right into that without even knowing them! It was none of her business!) "And are you alright?"
There were a few things that Eloise could pick up on immediately, just by sound alone- was someone sick? She could hear the coughing. Hurt? She knew exactly what trying to hide an injury sounded like. It wasn't often that she was just out and about, enjoying the day, and happened to pick up on something unusual. It almost sounded like someone in the garden was... crying? If there were a good place to have a cry, it would be in the garden. How could someone cry for long surrounded by all that beauty, after all! She knew it was none of her business, of course, but that wasn't about to stop her from trying to figure out who exactly it was that was crying and step in to help. (If she could.)

Eloise's ears twitched, her sensors curled and uncurled as she did her best to locate the source of such a gentle sound. The gardens weren't as busy today as they usually were, it seemed, which was refreshing at the least, and helpful at the best, because it took her just a few steps into the path to spot the crying Pokemon. She found them!

If she hadn't heard them, she would have known sooner or later, because the closer she got, the more it smelled like a floral daydream. As she stood there, she was hit with the realization that she didn't have much of a plan past this point. That wasn't very good... She picked her way to the bench carefully, trying her best to exude some sense of warmth without acting like she was putting a bandage on a skinned cheek.

"Is it alright if I sit here?" She gestured to the bench, sensors curling up tightly now that she was close. She wanted to ask what the paper was, and why they were crying, but- curiosity killed the caterpie. (And it would also be rude to jump right into that without even knowing them! It was none of her business!) "And are you alright?"
7OfRPKX.png

When the Audino approached, Alys didn’t know what to think at first. She looked up at the kind pink Pokemon, and blinked owlishly at her. “S-sure.” She said, moving over to give the Audino enough room to sit down. She whipped her eyes on her win and collected regained her composure. “I’m fine, thanks for asking.” Alys said, nodding her head. She was a little embarrassed with being caught crying all alone in the park, but didn’t show it.

Shifting the paper in her feet, it showed a sketch of a young Fletchling. The fairy type glanced down at the job request and, though she didn’t want to, began to speak. “My, uh, my friend went exploring in the caves.” She said, pointing behind her with a wing. “Something about getting a crystal, I don’t even know what for…” She sniffed. “I think he must’ve wandered into a mystery dungeon, and can’t get out.” The scent coming from her feathers subtly changed into a sweet candy-like scent, like Pecha berries and cream. “I want to go rescue him, but I can’t go by myself. The other exploration teams won’t help.” The Spritzee said.

When the Audino approached, Alys didn’t know what to think at first. She looked up at the kind pink Pokemon, and blinked owlishly at her. “S-sure.” She said, moving over to give the Audino enough room to sit down. She whipped her eyes on her win and collected regained her composure. “I’m fine, thanks for asking.” Alys said, nodding her head. She was a little embarrassed with being caught crying all alone in the park, but didn’t show it.

Shifting the paper in her feet, it showed a sketch of a young Fletchling. The fairy type glanced down at the job request and, though she didn’t want to, began to speak. “My, uh, my friend went exploring in the caves.” She said, pointing behind her with a wing. “Something about getting a crystal, I don’t even know what for…” She sniffed. “I think he must’ve wandered into a mystery dungeon, and can’t get out.” The scent coming from her feathers subtly changed into a sweet candy-like scent, like Pecha berries and cream. “I want to go rescue him, but I can’t go by myself. The other exploration teams won’t help.” The Spritzee said.
pgBJCvK.png GyiFhfc.png
Eloise listened to the Spritzee's story with a polite silence, frowning. How could the exploration teams turn down a request for help like this one? Someone was missing! "I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's disappearance, you must be so worried about him." She offered, turning the idea over in her mind. If the other exploration teams wouldn't help out, well... maybe she should. She'd never gone down into the caves, but she couldn't even begin to imagine how terrifying it would be to be lost down there!

"I could help you, maybe? I don't know if I would be enough help, but I'm usually fairly good with directions, and if your friend is stuck, he could be hurt. I know I'm not an exploration team, but if they won't help you, I want to." She couldn't leave this poor pokemon to wander into the caves on their own, and she had a feeling that it was a definite possibility. "Besides, it isn't fair that they won't help."
Eloise listened to the Spritzee's story with a polite silence, frowning. How could the exploration teams turn down a request for help like this one? Someone was missing! "I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's disappearance, you must be so worried about him." She offered, turning the idea over in her mind. If the other exploration teams wouldn't help out, well... maybe she should. She'd never gone down into the caves, but she couldn't even begin to imagine how terrifying it would be to be lost down there!

"I could help you, maybe? I don't know if I would be enough help, but I'm usually fairly good with directions, and if your friend is stuck, he could be hurt. I know I'm not an exploration team, but if they won't help you, I want to." She couldn't leave this poor pokemon to wander into the caves on their own, and she had a feeling that it was a definite possibility. "Besides, it isn't fair that they won't help."
7OfRPKX.png