Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with SkullLotus
1 2
@SkullLotus (I apologize for the wait, I was trying to find a better name for Oathbreaker. I was unsuccessful, but I will notify you when it changes.)

Oathbreaker's jaws closed around the body of a fish, breaking its spine and killing it instantly. He tossed it onto the shore, then spat a gob of bloody saliva into the water. "Of course I'm told to fish today. Doesn't Valdr know I despise this task? Not to mention I'm no good at it..." He muttered, darting his head into the river once again. He came up empty this time, then growled in frustration. He waded downstream, searching for more fish. He hadn't gotten far when he heard a leaf crunch on the shore behind him. He looked back and saw a dripping wet Coatl holding a fish, the one that he had caught!

"You!" He called over the rushing water. "What do you think you're doing? That's my fish!"

(I was thinking that Oath only thought that Sycamore took his fish, but he didn't actually check to see if his fish was gone and Sycamore had just caught another one, but if you want to do something different that's fine)
@SkullLotus (I apologize for the wait, I was trying to find a better name for Oathbreaker. I was unsuccessful, but I will notify you when it changes.)

Oathbreaker's jaws closed around the body of a fish, breaking its spine and killing it instantly. He tossed it onto the shore, then spat a gob of bloody saliva into the water. "Of course I'm told to fish today. Doesn't Valdr know I despise this task? Not to mention I'm no good at it..." He muttered, darting his head into the river once again. He came up empty this time, then growled in frustration. He waded downstream, searching for more fish. He hadn't gotten far when he heard a leaf crunch on the shore behind him. He looked back and saw a dripping wet Coatl holding a fish, the one that he had caught!

"You!" He called over the rushing water. "What do you think you're doing? That's my fish!"

(I was thinking that Oath only thought that Sycamore took his fish, but he didn't actually check to see if his fish was gone and Sycamore had just caught another one, but if you want to do something different that's fine)
i really like star wars ok
(It's alright! Maybe I could help you choose a new name?)

Sycamore had came to grab some food, he had gone out to harvest some herbs and was very hungry. Setting himself down, he crinkled a leaf paying no heed. Watching the fish go, the Coatl quickly grabbed on puncturing the fish. Hearing something that seemed to deal with him, (since the stream was pretty deserted)He suddenly looked up, gripping the slippery fish tightly between his fists. What could they possibly want?! "And what do you exactly mean?! This is MY fish! I caught it myself!" Giving a small growl, he tried to keep his temper under control. He had been told by many of his clannamed that he was quite irritable. "Not you, not someone else, me! So, I'd appreciate if you could step back and let me grab acouple fish in peace!"
(It's alright! Maybe I could help you choose a new name?)

Sycamore had came to grab some food, he had gone out to harvest some herbs and was very hungry. Setting himself down, he crinkled a leaf paying no heed. Watching the fish go, the Coatl quickly grabbed on puncturing the fish. Hearing something that seemed to deal with him, (since the stream was pretty deserted)He suddenly looked up, gripping the slippery fish tightly between his fists. What could they possibly want?! "And what do you exactly mean?! This is MY fish! I caught it myself!" Giving a small growl, he tried to keep his temper under control. He had been told by many of his clannamed that he was quite irritable. "Not you, not someone else, me! So, I'd appreciate if you could step back and let me grab acouple fish in peace!"
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
(That would be nice, I was thinking something in the ancient language from Eragon?)

Oathbreaker bared his teeth at the Coatl. Could he be any more of a fool? "My fish was on the ground. Now it's..." Oathbreaker trailed off mid-sentence as he noticed his fish was indeed not stolen. "...not stolen." He muttered. "It... seems I was mistaken." He said as he flew up onto the bank so he no longer had to yell. "I apologize for my mistake. I'm in a bad mood today and it's probably best if I fish somewhere else so this does not happen again." He walked away from the Coatl, annoyed that he made such a foolish mistake. Lost in thought, he stepped on a loose rock. It threw him off balance, causing him to fall into the river.

Swearing, he flailed around until he was caught against a large rock in the middle of the river. He grabbed onto it with both arms and dragged himself to his feet. He spat out anothere swear, this time one of pain. He'd gotten several cuts and scrapes from where he had hit rocks, which were bleeding into the water. He glanced at the Coatl, for surely he was laughing at Oathbreaker's stupidity.

(I didn't think Oathbreaker would start a fight over a single fish so I made him wounded because of the rocks)

(Edit @SkullLotus are you subbed, I apologize if you are and the ping bothered you)
(That would be nice, I was thinking something in the ancient language from Eragon?)

Oathbreaker bared his teeth at the Coatl. Could he be any more of a fool? "My fish was on the ground. Now it's..." Oathbreaker trailed off mid-sentence as he noticed his fish was indeed not stolen. "...not stolen." He muttered. "It... seems I was mistaken." He said as he flew up onto the bank so he no longer had to yell. "I apologize for my mistake. I'm in a bad mood today and it's probably best if I fish somewhere else so this does not happen again." He walked away from the Coatl, annoyed that he made such a foolish mistake. Lost in thought, he stepped on a loose rock. It threw him off balance, causing him to fall into the river.

Swearing, he flailed around until he was caught against a large rock in the middle of the river. He grabbed onto it with both arms and dragged himself to his feet. He spat out anothere swear, this time one of pain. He'd gotten several cuts and scrapes from where he had hit rocks, which were bleeding into the water. He glanced at the Coatl, for surely he was laughing at Oathbreaker's stupidity.

(I didn't think Oathbreaker would start a fight over a single fish so I made him wounded because of the rocks)

(Edit @SkullLotus are you subbed, I apologize if you are and the ping bothered you)
As soon as the Wildclaw had said he had no taken the fish, he relaxed. Oh, he had thought he would really have to fight over some darned fish! The sudden change in tone concerned him too, still a bit wary. "Oh, well, I suppose it's nice that was sorted out quite nicely.". Normally he would keep this to heart, but it just shocked him so much. "Um, apologies taken. I guess it would be best if you did move?" He watched the other walk away, finding his own spot to gather fish. At least that was done and over with.

Settling to watch the fish once again, he heard a swear, he couldn't possibly come back for another dumb!- Annoyed he looked over, and to his surprise, it wasn't what he expected. Instead of an angry Wildclaw storming back for something like 'stolen fish', there he was getting hurt in the stream by rocks. The whole ordeal unfolded right infront of him. With healer instincts, he raced over to where the Wildclaw had moved to. "You know, as much as I would like to slap you, I can't. So, tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how much do you think your wounds hurt?" Scooping some water, he tried to rinse the blood away.

(I think Oath is besides the river? Feel free to correct me. Also, I am subbed! But thank you for reminding me to reply! I'll see what I can do for a name)
As soon as the Wildclaw had said he had no taken the fish, he relaxed. Oh, he had thought he would really have to fight over some darned fish! The sudden change in tone concerned him too, still a bit wary. "Oh, well, I suppose it's nice that was sorted out quite nicely.". Normally he would keep this to heart, but it just shocked him so much. "Um, apologies taken. I guess it would be best if you did move?" He watched the other walk away, finding his own spot to gather fish. At least that was done and over with.

Settling to watch the fish once again, he heard a swear, he couldn't possibly come back for another dumb!- Annoyed he looked over, and to his surprise, it wasn't what he expected. Instead of an angry Wildclaw storming back for something like 'stolen fish', there he was getting hurt in the stream by rocks. The whole ordeal unfolded right infront of him. With healer instincts, he raced over to where the Wildclaw had moved to. "You know, as much as I would like to slap you, I can't. So, tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how much do you think your wounds hurt?" Scooping some water, he tried to rinse the blood away.

(I think Oath is besides the river? Feel free to correct me. Also, I am subbed! But thank you for reminding me to reply! I'll see what I can do for a name)
(He did climb out of the river and is now lying on the bank, I just forgot to mention that.)

Oathbreaker winced a little as the Coatl poured water over his wounds. "It' not that bad, really." He was lying; his scrapes were bothering him, though he would not admit it because he did not want to appear weak in front of this Coatl. He twisted his head around to look at his wounds. He had cuts on both of his legs, as well as one arm, his tail, one on his left wing, and one on his nose if his reflection in the river did not lie.

"Thank you for helping me." he told the other dragon as he continued to pour water over Oathbreaker's wounds. "My name is Oathbreaker." he said, extending his wounded wing to test the pain level. "What's yours?"
(He did climb out of the river and is now lying on the bank, I just forgot to mention that.)

Oathbreaker winced a little as the Coatl poured water over his wounds. "It' not that bad, really." He was lying; his scrapes were bothering him, though he would not admit it because he did not want to appear weak in front of this Coatl. He twisted his head around to look at his wounds. He had cuts on both of his legs, as well as one arm, his tail, one on his left wing, and one on his nose if his reflection in the river did not lie.

"Thank you for helping me." he told the other dragon as he continued to pour water over Oathbreaker's wounds. "My name is Oathbreaker." he said, extending his wounded wing to test the pain level. "What's yours?"
(Oh! Just making sure because I didn't want Sycamore to pour water at someone already in water XD)

"Oh? It isn't? Well, I don't care right now. All I want to know is how much pain does it feel like your in?" Grabbing his pouch that had fresh herbs in it, he started making it into a poultice. It wasn't the most convenient, but he had to do want he had to to do, which meant taking his mind off of the patient and let the shredded mass of herb get soaked.

After a few minutes, it was usable. Carefully applying it to the worst wound, which was the wing to him. He flatly answered his question. He wouldn't let loose until the other looked patched up and fine. "It's no problem, just part of a herbalist's job." He took closer looks at the other wounds "My name is Sycamore."
(Oh! Just making sure because I didn't want Sycamore to pour water at someone already in water XD)

"Oh? It isn't? Well, I don't care right now. All I want to know is how much pain does it feel like your in?" Grabbing his pouch that had fresh herbs in it, he started making it into a poultice. It wasn't the most convenient, but he had to do want he had to to do, which meant taking his mind off of the patient and let the shredded mass of herb get soaked.

After a few minutes, it was usable. Carefully applying it to the worst wound, which was the wing to him. He flatly answered his question. He wouldn't let loose until the other looked patched up and fine. "It's no problem, just part of a herbalist's job." He took closer looks at the other wounds "My name is Sycamore."
Oathbreaker watched fish swim around now that he was not in the water to scare them away, while Sycamore finished spreading herbs on his wing. As he moved on to look at Oathbreaker's minor wounds, Oathbreaker remembered that he was supposed to be fishing, and that his clanmates would be wondering where he was. He sighed and hoped no one would care enough to look for him, but he knew that this would not be the case. "Sycamore... that's a good name." he said quietly, lost in thought. He closed his eyes and was silent for several moments before opening them again and asking, "Will I owe you anything for this?"

(I apologize for this response not being very long, there's nothing much Oath can do right now except sit around and talk to Sycamore)
Oathbreaker watched fish swim around now that he was not in the water to scare them away, while Sycamore finished spreading herbs on his wing. As he moved on to look at Oathbreaker's minor wounds, Oathbreaker remembered that he was supposed to be fishing, and that his clanmates would be wondering where he was. He sighed and hoped no one would care enough to look for him, but he knew that this would not be the case. "Sycamore... that's a good name." he said quietly, lost in thought. He closed his eyes and was silent for several moments before opening them again and asking, "Will I owe you anything for this?"

(I apologize for this response not being very long, there's nothing much Oath can do right now except sit around and talk to Sycamore)
(No need to apologize! I don't think there's much we can do for now)

Upon examining the less dire wounds, it looked like he wouldn't have to apply anything if they choose so. Sure it sounded selfish but he rather not use any at the moment. He was running out and would like to keep some unless it was truly needed. For now, cleansing it with water should be enough for now. Hearing the other mumble he gave a small smile, he didn't know what they said but it was nice to know that they still had the nerve to talk. "Hmm? No, I don't think you have to, it's part of being a herbalist. But, if you truly feel obligated to owe me something, I wouldn't say no.
(No need to apologize! I don't think there's much we can do for now)

Upon examining the less dire wounds, it looked like he wouldn't have to apply anything if they choose so. Sure it sounded selfish but he rather not use any at the moment. He was running out and would like to keep some unless it was truly needed. For now, cleansing it with water should be enough for now. Hearing the other mumble he gave a small smile, he didn't know what they said but it was nice to know that they still had the nerve to talk. "Hmm? No, I don't think you have to, it's part of being a herbalist. But, if you truly feel obligated to owe me something, I wouldn't say no.
"If you were my own clan's herbalist, I would not feel obligated to owe you anything. But you are not, so name your price if you wish for payment." He looked away from the water and at Sycamore. He dropped his gaze away from Sycamore's face after a few moments, and noticed his herb pouch was running low. Oathbreaker felt a bit guilty, he thought the herbs used for his wing should have been used for one of Sycamore's own clanmates. (I put Sycamore and Oath into that dragon size thing and this is what happened) [img]https://i.imgur.com/PpRvb1i.png[/img]
"If you were my own clan's herbalist, I would not feel obligated to owe you anything. But you are not, so name your price if you wish for payment." He looked away from the water and at Sycamore. He dropped his gaze away from Sycamore's face after a few moments, and noticed his herb pouch was running low. Oathbreaker felt a bit guilty, he thought the herbs used for his wing should have been used for one of Sycamore's own clanmates.

(I put Sycamore and Oath into that dragon size thing and this is what happened)

PpRvb1i.png
(oh wow, I actually thought Oath would be a little bigger than Sycamore.)

"Oh? Well..." So they did feel obligated to give something back in return. Honestly he wished the other would've felt the need not to give something as this was just a small favor. But, it would be rude to just turn it down. "Well, I don't have to much need for money... But perhaps after you heal and feel better you could come and gather more herbs with me? If you rather not do that we can continue fishing. Your choice." He sighed and adjusted his glasses.
(oh wow, I actually thought Oath would be a little bigger than Sycamore.)

"Oh? Well..." So they did feel obligated to give something back in return. Honestly he wished the other would've felt the need not to give something as this was just a small favor. But, it would be rude to just turn it down. "Well, I don't have to much need for money... But perhaps after you heal and feel better you could come and gather more herbs with me? If you rather not do that we can continue fishing. Your choice." He sighed and adjusted his glasses.
1 2