Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Embers [1x1 Private RP]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
UNDER ALL THE SNARK IS THE SWEETEST OF SWEETS ugh he kills me my heart

Myrddin sucks in a breath, surprised, but when he lets it out, it's with relief.

Oh. Oh. Maybe he is not such a fool then, if his attachments are mutual, if Quinn is tied as tightly to him as he is to the warm tundra burrowed against him.

There's a warmth in his chest that spreads, and he rubs the bottom of his chin, catlike, against Quinn's ears. What bravery, from one for whom love has been used as a weapon, to still open himself to affection. How easily he could have kept himself closed away, hidden from the world, as cold as the ice that surrounds him.

And yet, here he is, warm, trembling faintly but easing with each affectionate rub, putting his already battered heart in clear view for another potential strike.

"What incredible strength you have," he coos. "I'm so glad." The tip of his tail is patting the floor, contentedly. "I do, too," he admits, quiet, Quinn's ear flicking against his chin. "I'm...this is all very new for me, but I am not a fool. I know what I feel."
UNDER ALL THE SNARK IS THE SWEETEST OF SWEETS ugh he kills me my heart

Myrddin sucks in a breath, surprised, but when he lets it out, it's with relief.

Oh. Oh. Maybe he is not such a fool then, if his attachments are mutual, if Quinn is tied as tightly to him as he is to the warm tundra burrowed against him.

There's a warmth in his chest that spreads, and he rubs the bottom of his chin, catlike, against Quinn's ears. What bravery, from one for whom love has been used as a weapon, to still open himself to affection. How easily he could have kept himself closed away, hidden from the world, as cold as the ice that surrounds him.

And yet, here he is, warm, trembling faintly but easing with each affectionate rub, putting his already battered heart in clear view for another potential strike.

"What incredible strength you have," he coos. "I'm so glad." The tip of his tail is patting the floor, contentedly. "I do, too," he admits, quiet, Quinn's ear flicking against his chin. "I'm...this is all very new for me, but I am not a fool. I know what I feel."
FBljwoz.png "To see a maiden dance around the fire is not so strange;
but fire dances 'round the limbs of this uncommon maid!
Be brave enough to burn and you'll be brave enough to fly;
join your sister Solace as she lights the morning sky!"
Ikr he's such a sweet child ugh-

Quinn hears the relief, but he still fidgets worriedly, running a nail gently along the scar on his left palm, it was an anxious habit, one he picked up many years ago. The relief was a good sign, right? The other had to have at least liked him in a friendship way- or he wouldn't have come back, right? Thoughts like those raced as the other stayed quiet, the warlock really was a nervous wreck at times like these.

They breathed a sigh of relief whenever the other took to rubbing against him, taking this as a sign of interest. Could this marvelous man before him really enjoy touching such a fragile creature? This moment felt like a dream, something long awaited since he lost the previous flame that dared to thaw his frozen heart.

That active heart of his throbbed, slamming against his chest, with how close he was to Myrddin the warlock was surprised he hadn't pointed out the escalating beat within his chest.

"Strength?" He mumbles softly, more directed at himself than the other, he saw himself as weak but the other chose his words too carefully to make a mistake. The beating in his heart only increases as he hear's the other's words, arms gently snaking around the other in a gentle squeeze. "I feel strongly for you, it is a marvel to have these feelings returned."
Ikr he's such a sweet child ugh-

Quinn hears the relief, but he still fidgets worriedly, running a nail gently along the scar on his left palm, it was an anxious habit, one he picked up many years ago. The relief was a good sign, right? The other had to have at least liked him in a friendship way- or he wouldn't have come back, right? Thoughts like those raced as the other stayed quiet, the warlock really was a nervous wreck at times like these.

They breathed a sigh of relief whenever the other took to rubbing against him, taking this as a sign of interest. Could this marvelous man before him really enjoy touching such a fragile creature? This moment felt like a dream, something long awaited since he lost the previous flame that dared to thaw his frozen heart.

That active heart of his throbbed, slamming against his chest, with how close he was to Myrddin the warlock was surprised he hadn't pointed out the escalating beat within his chest.

"Strength?" He mumbles softly, more directed at himself than the other, he saw himself as weak but the other chose his words too carefully to make a mistake. The beating in his heart only increases as he hear's the other's words, arms gently snaking around the other in a gentle squeeze. "I feel strongly for you, it is a marvel to have these feelings returned."
Chipped Blackened Legbones Fascinator Greystone Deer
*tiny screaming over new gene*

"Yes, strength," Myrddin repeats. "It would have been so easy to dismiss me and chase me away when I first came, wanting to ply your secrets from you. It would have been so easy to call me a fool and crush that feather beneath your claws. And yet, here I am, and here it is."

The vial between them has warmed their entire fronts, a pulse much like a heartbeat. It is, in fact, a heartbeat; it is a piece of Self, after all. Myrddin wonders if Quinn has realized it, or if he has mistaken its rhythms for his own.

"You're the only one I feel for," he murmurs, then snorts. "That sounds...well. I mean nothing badly by it. It's merely...truth." He swallows, considers his words. "...You've shown me a part of the world that I'd forgotten," he says, quietly. "I cannot--will not--abandon it now."
*tiny screaming over new gene*

"Yes, strength," Myrddin repeats. "It would have been so easy to dismiss me and chase me away when I first came, wanting to ply your secrets from you. It would have been so easy to call me a fool and crush that feather beneath your claws. And yet, here I am, and here it is."

The vial between them has warmed their entire fronts, a pulse much like a heartbeat. It is, in fact, a heartbeat; it is a piece of Self, after all. Myrddin wonders if Quinn has realized it, or if he has mistaken its rhythms for his own.

"You're the only one I feel for," he murmurs, then snorts. "That sounds...well. I mean nothing badly by it. It's merely...truth." He swallows, considers his words. "...You've shown me a part of the world that I'd forgotten," he says, quietly. "I cannot--will not--abandon it now."
The new gene is so amazing, like my golly. I need one for my spider queen.

The tundra blinked softly, tilting his head a bit. a disturbed look on his snout. The thought of harming the feather distressed him, just the thought of shredding the plume caused him to stiffen. Gently he held the vial around his neck, feeling the soft pulse. It has soothed him while he slumbered, allowed him to think someone was curled around him, right there.

"... I could never harm such a gift, it has brought me comfort beyond what I thought possible. As i slumber I no longer fear, my dreams are sweet once again, like they were whenever the engineer slept by my side.. It beats, I do not have to listen to my own heart beat anymore for it beats seperatly.." He laughed softly, gently running a finger against the warm vial.

"And you have shown me that though a beast is broken, they can always be fixed." A soft chuckle slipped through him again and the tundra shift, planting a soft kiss on the coatl's cheek. "I understood what you meant the first time Myrddin, there was no need to clarify." Quinn paused softly and laid his head on the coatl's shoulder. "However, you have my word that so long as I breathe I will continue to care deeply for you; never leave you."
The new gene is so amazing, like my golly. I need one for my spider queen.

The tundra blinked softly, tilting his head a bit. a disturbed look on his snout. The thought of harming the feather distressed him, just the thought of shredding the plume caused him to stiffen. Gently he held the vial around his neck, feeling the soft pulse. It has soothed him while he slumbered, allowed him to think someone was curled around him, right there.

"... I could never harm such a gift, it has brought me comfort beyond what I thought possible. As i slumber I no longer fear, my dreams are sweet once again, like they were whenever the engineer slept by my side.. It beats, I do not have to listen to my own heart beat anymore for it beats seperatly.." He laughed softly, gently running a finger against the warm vial.

"And you have shown me that though a beast is broken, they can always be fixed." A soft chuckle slipped through him again and the tundra shift, planting a soft kiss on the coatl's cheek. "I understood what you meant the first time Myrddin, there was no need to clarify." Quinn paused softly and laid his head on the coatl's shoulder. "However, you have my word that so long as I breathe I will continue to care deeply for you; never leave you."
I have a pair of skeleton subspecies kiddos, and as soon as the owner decides to add ghost I'm gonna spend all my money on them

they're gonna look so good

Myrddin swallows. He'd lived so long detached from others that he's a little overwhelmed by the swell in his chest, the way his claws tremor. But he's--yes, he's glad. Relieved, and excited, and filled with nervous anticipation.

"I cannot deny that, can I?" he says softly, and cradles him, a warm weight against him. He's almost forgotten that, beyond his wings, there lies cold and ice and potential danger, though he doubts any of them would attack him blithely should they know Quinn's feelings. He grins to himself.

"So," he starts, tone light and playful, "When do I meet the Protection Squad?"
I have a pair of skeleton subspecies kiddos, and as soon as the owner decides to add ghost I'm gonna spend all my money on them

they're gonna look so good

Myrddin swallows. He'd lived so long detached from others that he's a little overwhelmed by the swell in his chest, the way his claws tremor. But he's--yes, he's glad. Relieved, and excited, and filled with nervous anticipation.

"I cannot deny that, can I?" he says softly, and cradles him, a warm weight against him. He's almost forgotten that, beyond his wings, there lies cold and ice and potential danger, though he doubts any of them would attack him blithely should they know Quinn's feelings. He grins to himself.

"So," he starts, tone light and playful, "When do I meet the Protection Squad?"
Oh yeah so Jukai and Samael might be married now pfft-- because I have no impulse control and once I got their character ssorted out it was like- "oh oops this plus this makes me happy"

Big mean cult leader has a genderless love now and they secretly hold hands. So yeah small update as I integrate my new permas into lore.

Those two are so pretty oh my goodness!!

Quinn kept his arms wrapped around the other, content to just stay in the others arms for hours. It was warm and comforting, something he never thought would've been available to him. Outside the ship was frozen in a state of never ending agony, the inhabitants somewhat stuck in that state themselves. Samael's condition only worsened, but with the newer arrival they were improving slowly.

What could be said about the captain? He lost his love, his life, and everything he had established, and now he lived in his own tomb. It was safe, hidden within the frigid lands, but he wanted to leave. Pain followed him constantly, and the bitter cold made him ache. Cronus- the totem pole was content anywhere with food.

"Whom are you re-Ah the crew." He chuckled softly, "If you wish we can do it now. You have already met the totem pole, so now the others remain." The term totem pole was used endearingly, though it seemed insulting, Cronus enjoyed the nickname. It made him feel more... More like he was not an animated object, and actually a dragon.
Oh yeah so Jukai and Samael might be married now pfft-- because I have no impulse control and once I got their character ssorted out it was like- "oh oops this plus this makes me happy"

Big mean cult leader has a genderless love now and they secretly hold hands. So yeah small update as I integrate my new permas into lore.

Those two are so pretty oh my goodness!!

Quinn kept his arms wrapped around the other, content to just stay in the others arms for hours. It was warm and comforting, something he never thought would've been available to him. Outside the ship was frozen in a state of never ending agony, the inhabitants somewhat stuck in that state themselves. Samael's condition only worsened, but with the newer arrival they were improving slowly.

What could be said about the captain? He lost his love, his life, and everything he had established, and now he lived in his own tomb. It was safe, hidden within the frigid lands, but he wanted to leave. Pain followed him constantly, and the bitter cold made him ache. Cronus- the totem pole was content anywhere with food.

"Whom are you re-Ah the crew." He chuckled softly, "If you wish we can do it now. You have already met the totem pole, so now the others remain." The term totem pole was used endearingly, though it seemed insulting, Cronus enjoyed the nickname. It made him feel more... More like he was not an animated object, and actually a dragon.
awww, I love it!! big ole jerk being a covert sweetie for his voodoo darling ;)

look I'm forming a faction in my lair that is literally a baby coatl gang because I'm weak to permababy coatls. I can say 0.0% of anything about "this makes me happy I'mma do it"

luckily myrddin is...MOSTLY removed from the main brunt of my lore, though the person he'd mentioned teaching his arts to before is actually my "main character" dragon, lol

thank you!! I love them to death; they look pretty good with scales, but boy ghost is just TOP NOTCH

"I believe that I have somehow, with all the odds against me, gained the approval of said totem pole, even," Myrddin teases, laughter bubbling from him. With Quinn relaxed and content--released from the agony of holding his pain inside, if for a little while--his bright disposition is coming back, delight buzzing in his arms.

Quinn wants him around. Quinn is relaxed and happy to be with him. He can be...a person? Again. Or, now. He doesn't know if he ever truly was a person, his mind too loud, the world too dull.

It's still loud, now. Clamouring. But it's not as important at the warm fluff in his arms.

"It is only," Myrddin explains, rubbing against Quinn's ears again--they're so soft--"I know how important they are to you. And I know it might cause tension if I end up coming around without their understanding the situation."
awww, I love it!! big ole jerk being a covert sweetie for his voodoo darling ;)

look I'm forming a faction in my lair that is literally a baby coatl gang because I'm weak to permababy coatls. I can say 0.0% of anything about "this makes me happy I'mma do it"

luckily myrddin is...MOSTLY removed from the main brunt of my lore, though the person he'd mentioned teaching his arts to before is actually my "main character" dragon, lol

thank you!! I love them to death; they look pretty good with scales, but boy ghost is just TOP NOTCH

"I believe that I have somehow, with all the odds against me, gained the approval of said totem pole, even," Myrddin teases, laughter bubbling from him. With Quinn relaxed and content--released from the agony of holding his pain inside, if for a little while--his bright disposition is coming back, delight buzzing in his arms.

Quinn wants him around. Quinn is relaxed and happy to be with him. He can be...a person? Again. Or, now. He doesn't know if he ever truly was a person, his mind too loud, the world too dull.

It's still loud, now. Clamouring. But it's not as important at the warm fluff in his arms.

"It is only," Myrddin explains, rubbing against Quinn's ears again--they're so soft--"I know how important they are to you. And I know it might cause tension if I end up coming around without their understanding the situation."
Man it's more like Jukai joined his cult, noticed the breathing problem, figured out what it was, and helped him keep it under control. And Samael really liked them, Jukai really liked him and after a while they secretly married.
Now that I think about it yeah- He's really only sweet to Jukai

Pfft that sounds glorious, yeah I'm the same way. Like Samael just needed a being to cuddle up with and like hold hands with so whenever Jukai showed up I was like.. "... u are gonna be in his cult" then it escalated to "they married."

Pfft my official lore isn't really a thing yet,, so whatever.

Ugh they are good but ghost makes them so much better holy heck.

"You did, he had sensed the feelings I developed for you early on, he respects those who steal my heart for it is almost always encased in a thick layer of ice. To thaw it is a spectacle, one he appreciates." Quinn sighed happily, a content smile stretching onto his face.

Slipping from the others grip he stood, stretching his wings out with a pleasant hum. It was nice to curl up and then stretch, but even the absence of the coat's touch for a few moments made him feel a bit lonely. The warmth was still there though, and he relished the sweet scent now stuck on his fur.

"I suppose we should get rid of the grumpiest first then, Samael shouldn't be too busy at this time." Quinn gave Myrddin a gentle smile, air buzzing with cheerful energy.
Man it's more like Jukai joined his cult, noticed the breathing problem, figured out what it was, and helped him keep it under control. And Samael really liked them, Jukai really liked him and after a while they secretly married.
Now that I think about it yeah- He's really only sweet to Jukai

Pfft that sounds glorious, yeah I'm the same way. Like Samael just needed a being to cuddle up with and like hold hands with so whenever Jukai showed up I was like.. "... u are gonna be in his cult" then it escalated to "they married."

Pfft my official lore isn't really a thing yet,, so whatever.

Ugh they are good but ghost makes them so much better holy heck.

"You did, he had sensed the feelings I developed for you early on, he respects those who steal my heart for it is almost always encased in a thick layer of ice. To thaw it is a spectacle, one he appreciates." Quinn sighed happily, a content smile stretching onto his face.

Slipping from the others grip he stood, stretching his wings out with a pleasant hum. It was nice to curl up and then stretch, but even the absence of the coat's touch for a few moments made him feel a bit lonely. The warmth was still there though, and he relished the sweet scent now stuck on his fur.

"I suppose we should get rid of the grumpiest first then, Samael shouldn't be too busy at this time." Quinn gave Myrddin a gentle smile, air buzzing with cheerful energy.
WELL I MEAN IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE ANYTHING

WRITTEN DOWN

I will. eventually. gotta get my subspecies thread up and running first tho. at least I've actually gotten my act together enough to order the graphics I'll need for it lol. baby steps.

Myrddin makes a small, disappointed noise when Quinn leaves his hold, but doesn't stop him. He stretches too, easing himself to his full length and shaking out his feathers. He has to readjust his spectacles after, and remembering the lack of his hat, he glances about and spies it where Quinn set it down last.

He picks it up and sets it back to its place before joining Quinn, the tundra a happy buzzing thing. That he helped make him so makes Myrddin grin dumbly, and he reaches out almost shyly takes a hand in his, whistling nervously.

"Ah, the great Samael," he says, grand. "Indeed, he'll be the difficult one, I suspect."
WELL I MEAN IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE ANYTHING

WRITTEN DOWN

I will. eventually. gotta get my subspecies thread up and running first tho. at least I've actually gotten my act together enough to order the graphics I'll need for it lol. baby steps.

Myrddin makes a small, disappointed noise when Quinn leaves his hold, but doesn't stop him. He stretches too, easing himself to his full length and shaking out his feathers. He has to readjust his spectacles after, and remembering the lack of his hat, he glances about and spies it where Quinn set it down last.

He picks it up and sets it back to its place before joining Quinn, the tundra a happy buzzing thing. That he helped make him so makes Myrddin grin dumbly, and he reaches out almost shyly takes a hand in his, whistling nervously.

"Ah, the great Samael," he says, grand. "Indeed, he'll be the difficult one, I suspect."
I just got character lore I gotta write pfft. Their notes are written down I just gotta write it.

Quinn sighs softly, feeling a bit small compared to the coatl, oh what was he kidding, he was small. The dragon was so much smaller than the coatl, and the warlock pouted softly at the fact. He was used to being the tiny one around here, Samael was huge, Jukai was larger than him and Cronus.. The totem poll seemed to shrink and tower at will, but he still was much larger than them at all times.

The other flushed, cheeks darkening just as much as his ears did. It was truly something to see the warlock blush, especially such a dark shade. He began walking, trying to avoid the other from seeing the dark tint dusting his cheeks. "Samael will definitely prove difficult, be wary of the stare he has. However, the pearlcatcher hidden underneath the guise should be your first priority."

Sighing softly he let a lazy grin slip onto his snout, "Jukai seems to be the easy way to impress samael, leave a lasting impression on them and Samael will respect you." The words needed to be heeded as a warning as well, if Myrddin insulted the pearlcatcher the poisonous man would not be pleased.
I just got character lore I gotta write pfft. Their notes are written down I just gotta write it.

Quinn sighs softly, feeling a bit small compared to the coatl, oh what was he kidding, he was small. The dragon was so much smaller than the coatl, and the warlock pouted softly at the fact. He was used to being the tiny one around here, Samael was huge, Jukai was larger than him and Cronus.. The totem poll seemed to shrink and tower at will, but he still was much larger than them at all times.

The other flushed, cheeks darkening just as much as his ears did. It was truly something to see the warlock blush, especially such a dark shade. He began walking, trying to avoid the other from seeing the dark tint dusting his cheeks. "Samael will definitely prove difficult, be wary of the stare he has. However, the pearlcatcher hidden underneath the guise should be your first priority."

Sighing softly he let a lazy grin slip onto his snout, "Jukai seems to be the easy way to impress samael, leave a lasting impression on them and Samael will respect you." The words needed to be heeded as a warning as well, if Myrddin insulted the pearlcatcher the poisonous man would not be pleased.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14