Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Heart of a Thief (1x1)
1 2 3 4 5
Bii occasionally curses in Latin because I'm a latin nerd and I dont think cursing is allowed on the forums.

“Um, hello,” the pearlcatcher said, and Bii was momentarily taken aback by his nonchalance. She opened her mouth to retort, but just then a pink, flowery fox trotted out from behind him and bounced over to her and Buttercup. Bii closed her mouth and looked in confusion at the fox. Her familiar however, having spotted a new playmate, was ecstatic. The caiman trilled in delight and hopped off her neck to land with a woomph next to the smiling familiar. The two hit it off spectacularly, hopping around each other and sending up showers of fallen leaves as they tousled on the ground. Bii stared, exasperated, for a few seconds, then turned back to the thief.

She leveled a glare at him, hoping to convey her annoyance at having her stuff stolen. "Um, I think they now belong to me? After all, your name wasn't on it," the pearlcatcher shrugged, not even looking at her.

Bii made a strangled sound in the back of her throat, growing twice as angry with his dumb excuse, “Of course they belong me, tu irrumater!” She spat the last part out. “I found them and you stole them, and pray tell how one would write their name on a wicker basket?” She sat down on the ground heavily in front of him, “You better explain who Sycamore is this instant, furcifer.”
Bii occasionally curses in Latin because I'm a latin nerd and I dont think cursing is allowed on the forums.

“Um, hello,” the pearlcatcher said, and Bii was momentarily taken aback by his nonchalance. She opened her mouth to retort, but just then a pink, flowery fox trotted out from behind him and bounced over to her and Buttercup. Bii closed her mouth and looked in confusion at the fox. Her familiar however, having spotted a new playmate, was ecstatic. The caiman trilled in delight and hopped off her neck to land with a woomph next to the smiling familiar. The two hit it off spectacularly, hopping around each other and sending up showers of fallen leaves as they tousled on the ground. Bii stared, exasperated, for a few seconds, then turned back to the thief.

She leveled a glare at him, hoping to convey her annoyance at having her stuff stolen. "Um, I think they now belong to me? After all, your name wasn't on it," the pearlcatcher shrugged, not even looking at her.

Bii made a strangled sound in the back of her throat, growing twice as angry with his dumb excuse, “Of course they belong me, tu irrumater!” She spat the last part out. “I found them and you stole them, and pray tell how one would write their name on a wicker basket?” She sat down on the ground heavily in front of him, “You better explain who Sycamore is this instant, furcifer.”
(omg that's amazing XD)

Elliot was taking this very well, the Caiman wanted to play! Echo was more nervous than exasperated. Apparently small jokes did not help the mood! "Haaaaa... I um, I'd don't know, I think you could engrave it? Put a tag on it?" He jolted back once again. He didn't know what she was saying, but the tone of voice sounded like it wasn't nice. But he would gladly tell about his friends!

"Sycamore?" His mood perked up "Oh him! He's amazing! One of my best friends! He's a herbalist! Y'know, like a healer, but only uses plants! So I um..." He vaguely motioned to the piles of herbs "Kinda stole your things? And was debating on giving it to him? He's great with plants! He taught me how simply sort plants! If you ingest them or if you place it on the body! Yup! That's what I was doing!" He started to drone on about his friend, not a moment later where he brought in his other friend of the small trio. This was honestly one of his strongest and weakest points. Talking.

Elliot perked up from playing, and spotted the herbs. He knew that the plants were important, but not in the way that the dragons thought of. Trying to get the Caiman attention, he bounced around him. Then, he rushed to Echo. Instead of running into his claws, he ran into the herbs making them fly everywhere. All he did was keep on smiling and looked at all three.
(omg that's amazing XD)

Elliot was taking this very well, the Caiman wanted to play! Echo was more nervous than exasperated. Apparently small jokes did not help the mood! "Haaaaa... I um, I'd don't know, I think you could engrave it? Put a tag on it?" He jolted back once again. He didn't know what she was saying, but the tone of voice sounded like it wasn't nice. But he would gladly tell about his friends!

"Sycamore?" His mood perked up "Oh him! He's amazing! One of my best friends! He's a herbalist! Y'know, like a healer, but only uses plants! So I um..." He vaguely motioned to the piles of herbs "Kinda stole your things? And was debating on giving it to him? He's great with plants! He taught me how simply sort plants! If you ingest them or if you place it on the body! Yup! That's what I was doing!" He started to drone on about his friend, not a moment later where he brought in his other friend of the small trio. This was honestly one of his strongest and weakest points. Talking.

Elliot perked up from playing, and spotted the herbs. He knew that the plants were important, but not in the way that the dragons thought of. Trying to get the Caiman attention, he bounced around him. Then, he rushed to Echo. Instead of running into his claws, he ran into the herbs making them fly everywhere. All he did was keep on smiling and looked at all three.
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
Sorry for late reply! Was doing homework

Bii sighed in frustration because she and the pearlcatcher were obviously not on the same page. She reasoned that he used stupid jokes as a defense mechanism, which was annoying but at least it was an explanation.

The coatl tilted her head at the thief as he animatedly began to talk about Sycamore. He nearly gave her conversational whiplash as the tone of their exchange changed entirely. Bii felt her frustration ebb away as the pearlcatcher monologued about his friends and their familiars played behind her. Sycamore was an herbalist, not quite what Bii did, but close enough that she felt a companionship towards him, and by extension, the pearlcatcher as well. She came to the conclusion that the he was harmless, mostly. He at least had good, if not misguided, intentions.

Then the pearlcatcher cut himself off, and she saw his eyes widen in surprise, a split second before the fox dashed through the pile of herbs with a woosh. She yelped as the air was suddenly filled with dried grasses and leaves and the fox was wiggling away, just as happy as before. Buttercup followed close behind him and flopped down on a pile of scattered flowers with a contented gurgle. Bii took one look at the scene before her, and broke out into a fit of giggles. Her laughter echoed around the forest and with a wheeze she said, “There are better ways to get what you want, pearlcatcher. Like asking for instance.” She smiled and stood up, anger gone and replaced by bemusement. “My name is Bii, if you help me clean these thing up, I’ll show you where you can find them.”
Sorry for late reply! Was doing homework

Bii sighed in frustration because she and the pearlcatcher were obviously not on the same page. She reasoned that he used stupid jokes as a defense mechanism, which was annoying but at least it was an explanation.

The coatl tilted her head at the thief as he animatedly began to talk about Sycamore. He nearly gave her conversational whiplash as the tone of their exchange changed entirely. Bii felt her frustration ebb away as the pearlcatcher monologued about his friends and their familiars played behind her. Sycamore was an herbalist, not quite what Bii did, but close enough that she felt a companionship towards him, and by extension, the pearlcatcher as well. She came to the conclusion that the he was harmless, mostly. He at least had good, if not misguided, intentions.

Then the pearlcatcher cut himself off, and she saw his eyes widen in surprise, a split second before the fox dashed through the pile of herbs with a woosh. She yelped as the air was suddenly filled with dried grasses and leaves and the fox was wiggling away, just as happy as before. Buttercup followed close behind him and flopped down on a pile of scattered flowers with a contented gurgle. Bii took one look at the scene before her, and broke out into a fit of giggles. Her laughter echoed around the forest and with a wheeze she said, “There are better ways to get what you want, pearlcatcher. Like asking for instance.” She smiled and stood up, anger gone and replaced by bemusement. “My name is Bii, if you help me clean these thing up, I’ll show you where you can find them.”
(Same here! Had to catch up on homework)

Redirecting himself, Elliot went under Echo's arm forcing him to pet him. He had no idea what he did and just yipped in delight. "Oh? Ask? Sorry, I don't really do asking." It came out as more of a joke, but in reality, he was like a Ridgeback and 'borrowed' things. Though he wasn't the best at covering up if you caught him.

Continuing to pet his familiar, he also continued talking, "Well, I'm Echo. Just saying here, my friends also tend to say that I talk a lot. Though, I have no idea what they mean! I utmost certainly don't! But, that's alright, they're good friends! I think they tolerate me! Not so sure actually, I think they do, neither one has kicked me out yet! So it's all good.". He continued to ramble on by the fact that his friends thought he talked to much, and should lay it off for a bit. And, he honestly did talk a lot, it was one of his features, nice if you were more of the listening type.

Eventually, he stopped, taking around a few minutes to finish on that topic alone. "Clean it up? Yeah, now that's something I can definitely do." Ruffling the fox's head, he told them to sit and started to haphazardly collect the herbs. This time around, he grouped and much as he could and dumped them into the basket. That's what he was supposed to do right? Or were the leaves now 'bruised' or something? How could leaves even be bruised anyway? Oh well, he could get some profit and herbs when she showed the place these things grew. But... It couldn't hurt to stay a bit could it? Bii seemed really neat. She knew her way around, and his friends wouldn't mind, he did this constantly. Moving all around the place of course, not, getting caught.
(Same here! Had to catch up on homework)

Redirecting himself, Elliot went under Echo's arm forcing him to pet him. He had no idea what he did and just yipped in delight. "Oh? Ask? Sorry, I don't really do asking." It came out as more of a joke, but in reality, he was like a Ridgeback and 'borrowed' things. Though he wasn't the best at covering up if you caught him.

Continuing to pet his familiar, he also continued talking, "Well, I'm Echo. Just saying here, my friends also tend to say that I talk a lot. Though, I have no idea what they mean! I utmost certainly don't! But, that's alright, they're good friends! I think they tolerate me! Not so sure actually, I think they do, neither one has kicked me out yet! So it's all good.". He continued to ramble on by the fact that his friends thought he talked to much, and should lay it off for a bit. And, he honestly did talk a lot, it was one of his features, nice if you were more of the listening type.

Eventually, he stopped, taking around a few minutes to finish on that topic alone. "Clean it up? Yeah, now that's something I can definitely do." Ruffling the fox's head, he told them to sit and started to haphazardly collect the herbs. This time around, he grouped and much as he could and dumped them into the basket. That's what he was supposed to do right? Or were the leaves now 'bruised' or something? How could leaves even be bruised anyway? Oh well, he could get some profit and herbs when she showed the place these things grew. But... It couldn't hurt to stay a bit could it? Bii seemed really neat. She knew her way around, and his friends wouldn't mind, he did this constantly. Moving all around the place of course, not, getting caught.
Homework is a constant state of being which I fear I will never be free of

"Oh? Ask? Sorry, I don't really do asking," the pearlcatcher said. Bii scoffed, this guy was really something. He absentmindedly pet the pink fox which had wiggled it’s way under his arm. “Well, I’m Echo,” he stated. Bii hummed, and then stopped listening to his speech because it was more about his friends, and something about a talking problem, which the coatl had already caught on to. Echo was a pleasant name, and she rolled it around in her head as its bearer rambled on.

Finally Echo got back on topic. "Clean it up? Yeah, now that's something I can definitely do," he said, and started doing just that. Bii took her time to re-sort the herbs that the pearlcatcher dropped at her feet, before placing them in stacks back in her woodbasket.

“Most of these things come from Light territory,” Bii started. “I came here for this,” she pointed at a fluffy purple plant. “It’s called Star Moss. See, I do something similar to your friend Sycamore,” she spoke evenly, afraid that Echo would somehow miss her words because he hadn’t proven himself to be a very good listener yet. “I’m a potionmaker, which is sort of an advanced form of an herbalist. One of my clanmates suffers from sleep terrors, and I get this Star Moss so that I can make an infusion with this Greenstripe Amaranth,” she pointed to a different herb, “to ensure her even sleep.”

Bi sorted the last of the scattered herbs that Echo had handed her into the basket. Then she got an idea and perked up, “You know, I’d love to meet Sycamore, I think I could learn some things from him. Do you live here in Shadow?” She had noticed his green eyes, but one’s birthflight did not necessarily indicate where they called home.
Homework is a constant state of being which I fear I will never be free of

"Oh? Ask? Sorry, I don't really do asking," the pearlcatcher said. Bii scoffed, this guy was really something. He absentmindedly pet the pink fox which had wiggled it’s way under his arm. “Well, I’m Echo,” he stated. Bii hummed, and then stopped listening to his speech because it was more about his friends, and something about a talking problem, which the coatl had already caught on to. Echo was a pleasant name, and she rolled it around in her head as its bearer rambled on.

Finally Echo got back on topic. "Clean it up? Yeah, now that's something I can definitely do," he said, and started doing just that. Bii took her time to re-sort the herbs that the pearlcatcher dropped at her feet, before placing them in stacks back in her woodbasket.

“Most of these things come from Light territory,” Bii started. “I came here for this,” she pointed at a fluffy purple plant. “It’s called Star Moss. See, I do something similar to your friend Sycamore,” she spoke evenly, afraid that Echo would somehow miss her words because he hadn’t proven himself to be a very good listener yet. “I’m a potionmaker, which is sort of an advanced form of an herbalist. One of my clanmates suffers from sleep terrors, and I get this Star Moss so that I can make an infusion with this Greenstripe Amaranth,” she pointed to a different herb, “to ensure her even sleep.”

Bi sorted the last of the scattered herbs that Echo had handed her into the basket. Then she got an idea and perked up, “You know, I’d love to meet Sycamore, I think I could learn some things from him. Do you live here in Shadow?” She had noticed his green eyes, but one’s birthflight did not necessarily indicate where they called home.
(I accidentally deleted my essay response.. woe is me. So sorry if it's short)

"The Light territory?" Seeing what she was pointing at, it was just a purple fluffy thing called Star moss. Huh. He kept on staring at it as if his life depended on it. "Potionmaker? I've got one in my clan, not exactly the same though, an alchemist!" Echo didn't say anymore, the Bogsneak was actually pretty scary and basically just intimidated everyone in the clan, not much. Turning his face to take a look at the other herb, he once again stared as if his life depended on it.

Facing Bii once again, he asked a question, "Alright, so, your a potionmaker, can you make like - dangerous potions?" He put up his claws "Hypothetically of course, just wanted to know if it was possible to make something dangerous out of herbs that are meant to help. Not going to go rogue and brew my own. I swear." Hopefully she wouldn't start snapping at him again, that was pretty terrifying with how quiet she was.

"Hmm? Here in shadow? 'fraid not! I come from a wind clan, came by for a small stroll! Y'know? But, I could lead you to my clan sometime soon! So, where do you come from? Around here?"
(I accidentally deleted my essay response.. woe is me. So sorry if it's short)

"The Light territory?" Seeing what she was pointing at, it was just a purple fluffy thing called Star moss. Huh. He kept on staring at it as if his life depended on it. "Potionmaker? I've got one in my clan, not exactly the same though, an alchemist!" Echo didn't say anymore, the Bogsneak was actually pretty scary and basically just intimidated everyone in the clan, not much. Turning his face to take a look at the other herb, he once again stared as if his life depended on it.

Facing Bii once again, he asked a question, "Alright, so, your a potionmaker, can you make like - dangerous potions?" He put up his claws "Hypothetically of course, just wanted to know if it was possible to make something dangerous out of herbs that are meant to help. Not going to go rogue and brew my own. I swear." Hopefully she wouldn't start snapping at him again, that was pretty terrifying with how quiet she was.

"Hmm? Here in shadow? 'fraid not! I come from a wind clan, came by for a small stroll! Y'know? But, I could lead you to my clan sometime soon! So, where do you come from? Around here?"
don't worry lmao, my reply is even shorter
“It is possible, of course,” Bii said as she strapped the basket back to her side, “to make potions that bring harm, or even death. I, however, do not concern myself with the creation of poisons,” she gave Echo a sly smile, “there are plenty who do, if you are interested.” She figured that the silly kleptomaniac whom she was speaking to didn’t have the guts in him to poison someone. Even if she did, she didn’t think she would be with him long enough to find out. She only wanted to speak to Sycamore, and possibly to the alchemist that Echo had mentioned.

She turned and nodded at Buttercup, who immediately scrambled up her leg to sit on her back again. “As for me, I live in Light. Which is rather perfect, we can travel to my clan, so I can drop these things off, and notify my clanmates about my trip to Wind,” she turned towards Echo, “If you’re okay with me visiting your clan, that is.”
don't worry lmao, my reply is even shorter
“It is possible, of course,” Bii said as she strapped the basket back to her side, “to make potions that bring harm, or even death. I, however, do not concern myself with the creation of poisons,” she gave Echo a sly smile, “there are plenty who do, if you are interested.” She figured that the silly kleptomaniac whom she was speaking to didn’t have the guts in him to poison someone. Even if she did, she didn’t think she would be with him long enough to find out. She only wanted to speak to Sycamore, and possibly to the alchemist that Echo had mentioned.

She turned and nodded at Buttercup, who immediately scrambled up her leg to sit on her back again. “As for me, I live in Light. Which is rather perfect, we can travel to my clan, so I can drop these things off, and notify my clanmates about my trip to Wind,” she turned towards Echo, “If you’re okay with me visiting your clan, that is.”
(lmao, back from the depths of homework)

"Oh? Is it?" He cautiously watched the other make a concerningly sly smile. Huh, so it was possible to make poison from such simple healing herbs. Wanted to change the subject, he added to the question asked. "Oh sure! We can definitely travel back to your clan! And um, if you don't mind, could I ask for permission too? Perhaps we could stay a few days in your clan? Didn't have a good look the first time 'round." He gave a small meek smile, which unlike his familiar, still wore a big happy smile.

Whistling for Elliot to come (absolutely destroying the Star Moss) he came trotting back, content with his play. "So um, which way is your clan? You can definitely come visit, my clan is open to all sorts to visitors! And um," he gave a small cough "I think Sycamore would appreciate having someone sharing useful knowledge with him.". Sycamore would absolutely appreciate that. While it was nice for Echo to 'find' herbs for him, Echo had no idea how they worked. Learning from Bio would be nice, but not as nice as she herself coming right over.
(lmao, back from the depths of homework)

"Oh? Is it?" He cautiously watched the other make a concerningly sly smile. Huh, so it was possible to make poison from such simple healing herbs. Wanted to change the subject, he added to the question asked. "Oh sure! We can definitely travel back to your clan! And um, if you don't mind, could I ask for permission too? Perhaps we could stay a few days in your clan? Didn't have a good look the first time 'round." He gave a small meek smile, which unlike his familiar, still wore a big happy smile.

Whistling for Elliot to come (absolutely destroying the Star Moss) he came trotting back, content with his play. "So um, which way is your clan? You can definitely come visit, my clan is open to all sorts to visitors! And um," he gave a small cough "I think Sycamore would appreciate having someone sharing useful knowledge with him.". Sycamore would absolutely appreciate that. While it was nice for Echo to 'find' herbs for him, Echo had no idea how they worked. Learning from Bio would be nice, but not as nice as she herself coming right over.
Bii became excited at the prospect of travelling to Wind, she had never been further than Shadow and was thrilled to be able to collect rare plants from a foreign land. She floofed up her chest feathers in delight at Echo’s invitation. The pearlcatcher radiated a positive energy that she didn’t see very often in her clanmates and Bii decided that she enjoyed his presence. Outwardly, the members of her clan may project happiness, but she knew the darkness that they kept within themselves, just like she did.

“My clan is very far to the east, on the coast,” she said. “You’ll need to know a few things before we go, because where I live isn’t exactly confined to time. And space.” She paused and gave a crooked grin at Echo. “I promise it’s less strange than it sounds, so hear me out.”

Bii cleared her throat and continued, “the only way to find the clan by yourself is if you’re running away from something. It provides itself as a refuge for those who require it. That’s how I found it. If one becomes a permanent member, they will always be drawn back to it, and other dragons can latch onto them, and follow them back. So to summarize, you won’t be able to enter without me.”

“So if that sounds alright with you, we’ll swing by Dawnglow for a few days, and continue on to Wind,” Bii finished, and then paused to gauge Echo’s reaction because the reality of her clan was a lot to take in.
Bii became excited at the prospect of travelling to Wind, she had never been further than Shadow and was thrilled to be able to collect rare plants from a foreign land. She floofed up her chest feathers in delight at Echo’s invitation. The pearlcatcher radiated a positive energy that she didn’t see very often in her clanmates and Bii decided that she enjoyed his presence. Outwardly, the members of her clan may project happiness, but she knew the darkness that they kept within themselves, just like she did.

“My clan is very far to the east, on the coast,” she said. “You’ll need to know a few things before we go, because where I live isn’t exactly confined to time. And space.” She paused and gave a crooked grin at Echo. “I promise it’s less strange than it sounds, so hear me out.”

Bii cleared her throat and continued, “the only way to find the clan by yourself is if you’re running away from something. It provides itself as a refuge for those who require it. That’s how I found it. If one becomes a permanent member, they will always be drawn back to it, and other dragons can latch onto them, and follow them back. So to summarize, you won’t be able to enter without me.”

“So if that sounds alright with you, we’ll swing by Dawnglow for a few days, and continue on to Wind,” Bii finished, and then paused to gauge Echo’s reaction because the reality of her clan was a lot to take in.
He gave a quizzical nod back, huh, so her clan wasn't exactly rooted in a set time. Echo didn't know that clans like this could even be possible. Thinking harder, which he probably shouldn't, he thought about how he even got into the clan in the first place. Had he needed refugee? Not really, just in and out to grab a little something, that's all. Maybe it had sensed his urge to steal? Nah, that wouldn't work. Snapping out if his downward spiral of to much hard thinking. Looking at Bio once again, he gave a confident nod this time.

"Alright! It seems great! I'd be glad to swing on by then take out trip towards my clan. Though, how do we get there? You said it wasn't exactly confined to time. Oh, and space. Soooo do we just walk in one direction? Or am I wrong?" Maybe he was over thinking it again. His clan was in one place and all you had to do was walk through a door. Simple.

Elliot rubbed against him, he didn't know what was going on but he did know that it was likely going to be fun. "I'm wrong aren't I? Oh well, lead the way!" How long would it take? A couple hours? Multiple days? Who knows, whatever it was, it was going to take time to walk through the woods. And, it was pretty dense.
He gave a quizzical nod back, huh, so her clan wasn't exactly rooted in a set time. Echo didn't know that clans like this could even be possible. Thinking harder, which he probably shouldn't, he thought about how he even got into the clan in the first place. Had he needed refugee? Not really, just in and out to grab a little something, that's all. Maybe it had sensed his urge to steal? Nah, that wouldn't work. Snapping out if his downward spiral of to much hard thinking. Looking at Bio once again, he gave a confident nod this time.

"Alright! It seems great! I'd be glad to swing on by then take out trip towards my clan. Though, how do we get there? You said it wasn't exactly confined to time. Oh, and space. Soooo do we just walk in one direction? Or am I wrong?" Maybe he was over thinking it again. His clan was in one place and all you had to do was walk through a door. Simple.

Elliot rubbed against him, he didn't know what was going on but he did know that it was likely going to be fun. "I'm wrong aren't I? Oh well, lead the way!" How long would it take? A couple hours? Multiple days? Who knows, whatever it was, it was going to take time to walk through the woods. And, it was pretty dense.
1 2 3 4 5