Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Draw of Avenda (Modern Fantasy) LFG
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
((The one from the PM Dash sent me...am I getting the wrong one? :P ))
((The one from the PM Dash sent me...am I getting the wrong one? :P ))
((I only know about the ethereal arrow spell that he's just cast and the spell Jack used back in the diner.))
((I only know about the ethereal arrow spell that he's just cast and the spell Jack used back in the diner.))
YJ8beQm.png
((Jack specifically said the one from the diner ^_^ In theory you only have what Rhys said to go off of, but you can have Josh figure out that since he knows the arrow one is malevolent, then he probably means the other one. I'll get an actual response later. Sorry you aren't feeling well PiriLove <3))
((Jack specifically said the one from the diner ^_^ In theory you only have what Rhys said to go off of, but you can have Josh figure out that since he knows the arrow one is malevolent, then he probably means the other one. I'll get an actual response later. Sorry you aren't feeling well PiriLove <3))
((Oh, goodness...I really shouldn't post when I'm tired... XD ))
((Oh, goodness...I really shouldn't post when I'm tired... XD ))
The arrow flies from Josh's bow. The woman attempts to dodge and the arrow strikes her left shoulder. Her red bow disappears and she gives a shriek, her arm falling lifeless to her side.

Mandy is frozen, gripped with shock as she looks at Jack's now lifeless body.

The arrow flies from Josh's bow. The woman attempts to dodge and the arrow strikes her left shoulder. Her red bow disappears and she gives a shriek, her arm falling lifeless to her side.

Mandy is frozen, gripped with shock as she looks at Jack's now lifeless body.

Joshua's adrenaline was pumping. He couldn't believe the power he felt. It both excited and scared him. He didn't let himself think about the fact that he was trying to kill an actual person. He couldn't. She was a threat. Jack was gone, but he and his companions were still in danger. And it was his fault they were there at all.

He was about to summon another arrow when Rhys called out. "Cast the spell over Jackie!!!" The spell? He couldn't mean the arrow... did he mean that strange power he'd used in the diner? Joshua didn't know why he would need to do it, but he trusted Rhys. They had been teammates throughout high school, and he had answered Joshua's call for backup. So he did what he'd been told. He reached his hand out to the car, the only big thing within reach, and he called up the strange power and directed it toward's Jack's body.
Joshua's adrenaline was pumping. He couldn't believe the power he felt. It both excited and scared him. He didn't let himself think about the fact that he was trying to kill an actual person. He couldn't. She was a threat. Jack was gone, but he and his companions were still in danger. And it was his fault they were there at all.

He was about to summon another arrow when Rhys called out. "Cast the spell over Jackie!!!" The spell? He couldn't mean the arrow... did he mean that strange power he'd used in the diner? Joshua didn't know why he would need to do it, but he trusted Rhys. They had been teammates throughout high school, and he had answered Joshua's call for backup. So he did what he'd been told. He reached his hand out to the car, the only big thing within reach, and he called up the strange power and directed it toward's Jack's body.
YJ8beQm.png
Seeing the woman was taken out, Rhys moved forward. She wasn't killed, thank goodness, but perhaps distracted and wounded enough to be unable to summon another spirit bow. That...was pretty awesome. Wonder if it would be something I could do? He had dabbled with archery a bit at camps in the past...

Rhys shoved that thought back, and started gathering the jewels while Josh began that whole summoning thing. Poor Mandy was too frightened to move, and Rhys guessed he didn't snap her out of it. But, maybe she would be safer where she was.

How many of these jewels were there? Has he gotten them all? Rhys' eyes darted all over, looking for these rings of Jack's, while keeping an eye on that strange woman, in case she thought of another attack.
Seeing the woman was taken out, Rhys moved forward. She wasn't killed, thank goodness, but perhaps distracted and wounded enough to be unable to summon another spirit bow. That...was pretty awesome. Wonder if it would be something I could do? He had dabbled with archery a bit at camps in the past...

Rhys shoved that thought back, and started gathering the jewels while Josh began that whole summoning thing. Poor Mandy was too frightened to move, and Rhys guessed he didn't snap her out of it. But, maybe she would be safer where she was.

How many of these jewels were there? Has he gotten them all? Rhys' eyes darted all over, looking for these rings of Jack's, while keeping an eye on that strange woman, in case she thought of another attack.
The hood of the car grows rust spots, large but not nearly as bad as the door or table from the diner. Josh also feels less fatigued than the first time he tried this.

-Back up!- Jack's voice can only be heard by Rhys, giving him the warning to back away from the impending magic.

Josh feels a rush of magic leave him, and the same thing that happened to Justin's body happens to Jack's. The clothes and plethora of jewelry fall to the ground, the body burned to ash.

The woman, for the moment is clenching her arm, you can assume she's trying to recover from the arrow still, but she looks mad (like, swear word mad).

Mandy is still in shock (seriously, she's okay, just not as mentally hearty as you guys XD).
The hood of the car grows rust spots, large but not nearly as bad as the door or table from the diner. Josh also feels less fatigued than the first time he tried this.

-Back up!- Jack's voice can only be heard by Rhys, giving him the warning to back away from the impending magic.

Josh feels a rush of magic leave him, and the same thing that happened to Justin's body happens to Jack's. The clothes and plethora of jewelry fall to the ground, the body burned to ash.

The woman, for the moment is clenching her arm, you can assume she's trying to recover from the arrow still, but she looks mad (like, swear word mad).

Mandy is still in shock (seriously, she's okay, just not as mentally hearty as you guys XD).
Rhys held back as Josh cast the spell again. The car aged slightly, not as bad as the table back in the diner. Jackie's body turned to ash, just like Justin's. It made the job of collecting the jewels a lot easier, if distasteful. Maybe it was a good idea that Mandy was in shock.

The woman that attacked them? Well, she was furious. Well, now what? Jackie was gone...the woman that killed them was still there...and Rhys wasn't even sure if they were where he thought they were.
Rhys held back as Josh cast the spell again. The car aged slightly, not as bad as the table back in the diner. Jackie's body turned to ash, just like Justin's. It made the job of collecting the jewels a lot easier, if distasteful. Maybe it was a good idea that Mandy was in shock.

The woman that attacked them? Well, she was furious. Well, now what? Jackie was gone...the woman that killed them was still there...and Rhys wasn't even sure if they were where he thought they were.
Joshua took a deep breath and braced himself on the hood of the car, little flecks of rust digging into his palm. He wasn't as badly drained as the first time he'd used the power, but the night's events were definitely catching up to him. But he quickly recovered his senses as he remembered the strange woman was still in the picture.

He rallied his strength and summoned another ethereal bow and drew the arrow to his cheek, though he didn't release it. He stepped closer to the woman, getting between her and Rhys who was scrambling through Jack's ashes. (He didn't let himself think about that too much either.)

"Who are you?" he demanded of the woman. "Why are you trying to kill us?" Now that Jack was gone, this woman was the only source for answers to the many questions Joshua still had.
Joshua took a deep breath and braced himself on the hood of the car, little flecks of rust digging into his palm. He wasn't as badly drained as the first time he'd used the power, but the night's events were definitely catching up to him. But he quickly recovered his senses as he remembered the strange woman was still in the picture.

He rallied his strength and summoned another ethereal bow and drew the arrow to his cheek, though he didn't release it. He stepped closer to the woman, getting between her and Rhys who was scrambling through Jack's ashes. (He didn't let himself think about that too much either.)

"Who are you?" he demanded of the woman. "Why are you trying to kill us?" Now that Jack was gone, this woman was the only source for answers to the many questions Joshua still had.
YJ8beQm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10