Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Draw of Avenda (Modern Fantasy) LFG
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Mandy scrambled for her seatbelt as the car picked up speed. This Jack Ellington person had also noticed that they were being trailed by this car. And this car was carrying whoever this Grimoire was, Rhys learned as Jack rattled on about them. It sounded like another organization, like the one he said he was from...supposedly the good guys...called Veritas.

Jack made one hard turn, but that didn't shake their tail. The speed increased, and he made another sharp turn that pushed Rhys into the side of the car, followed by a sharp stop that pushed him forward with a head snapping motion as the seatbeat arrested his forward motion. The engine turned off and the lights, and he ducked.

Rhys followed suit on instinct. "I'd rather not have whiplash, Jackie!" he hissed.
Mandy scrambled for her seatbelt as the car picked up speed. This Jack Ellington person had also noticed that they were being trailed by this car. And this car was carrying whoever this Grimoire was, Rhys learned as Jack rattled on about them. It sounded like another organization, like the one he said he was from...supposedly the good guys...called Veritas.

Jack made one hard turn, but that didn't shake their tail. The speed increased, and he made another sharp turn that pushed Rhys into the side of the car, followed by a sharp stop that pushed him forward with a head snapping motion as the seatbeat arrested his forward motion. The engine turned off and the lights, and he ducked.

Rhys followed suit on instinct. "I'd rather not have whiplash, Jackie!" he hissed.
Joshua held on for dear life as the car sped down the street and Jack made some wild turns. The man kept talking, pretty calmly given the circumstances, but Joshua was too distracted to really absorb what he was saying. All he really got was that Justin had gotten mixed up with the wrong sort of people, and those people where now chasing them.

He did wonder if Jack was really the "bad guy" and the Grimoire people might actually be the good guys. After all, he still wasn't quite convinced that Jack wasn't the one who'd killed Justin. The guy could be lying through his teeth. But he hadn't made a move to hurt the rest of them... yet.

So when the car suddenly slammed to a stop and Jack crouched down, Joshua followed suit. He felt so vulnerable, just sitting there. He did wonder if he could reproduce the magic (or whatever) he'd done earlier, but he didn't think the car would run if he sucked the life out of it, and it'd probably be better to have it working.

He crouched in silence, as if speaking would give away their position.
Joshua held on for dear life as the car sped down the street and Jack made some wild turns. The man kept talking, pretty calmly given the circumstances, but Joshua was too distracted to really absorb what he was saying. All he really got was that Justin had gotten mixed up with the wrong sort of people, and those people where now chasing them.

He did wonder if Jack was really the "bad guy" and the Grimoire people might actually be the good guys. After all, he still wasn't quite convinced that Jack wasn't the one who'd killed Justin. The guy could be lying through his teeth. But he hadn't made a move to hurt the rest of them... yet.

So when the car suddenly slammed to a stop and Jack crouched down, Joshua followed suit. He felt so vulnerable, just sitting there. He did wonder if he could reproduce the magic (or whatever) he'd done earlier, but he didn't think the car would run if he sucked the life out of it, and it'd probably be better to have it working.

He crouched in silence, as if speaking would give away their position.
YJ8beQm.png
(sorry for the delay!)

A car whizzes by and Jack is just kind of hoping that no one moves. After a minute or two another car passes, but at a more natural rate. After yet another minute or two, Jack breathes a sigh.

"I think we're in the clear..." He sits back up, looking around as he does so. He then steps out of the car, "We'll grab a room here, I'll answer any more questions, but it's a bit of a drive to our location."

Huh,funny. There's a hotel, but for all of your remembering you can't figure out if you've seen this place before. You know you haven't left town, yet the hotel seems unfamiliar.
(sorry for the delay!)

A car whizzes by and Jack is just kind of hoping that no one moves. After a minute or two another car passes, but at a more natural rate. After yet another minute or two, Jack breathes a sigh.

"I think we're in the clear..." He sits back up, looking around as he does so. He then steps out of the car, "We'll grab a room here, I'll answer any more questions, but it's a bit of a drive to our location."

Huh,funny. There's a hotel, but for all of your remembering you can't figure out if you've seen this place before. You know you haven't left town, yet the hotel seems unfamiliar.
((Just a heads up, I'm a bit behind on my school work, so I may be a bit slow this week. I'll try to reply at least once a day - which is kinda how it's been going anyway, I guess. XD ))

Joshua straightened up and stretched his back. Then he noticed the hotel that Jack pointed out. Had that always been here?

He didn't follow jack out of the car, but turned to his companions in the back seat. "We could still bail..." he said uncertainly. He felt bad for getting them into this situation. It had to be nearly three or four in the morning. (He'd kind of lost track of time with all that had happened.) It would suck, but they could probably find their way home. He had his phone, so he could always use GPS.

But part of him wanted to stay. He had so many more questions about what had been happening. All this talk of magic and rival groups. He didn't believe it, an yet...
((Just a heads up, I'm a bit behind on my school work, so I may be a bit slow this week. I'll try to reply at least once a day - which is kinda how it's been going anyway, I guess. XD ))

Joshua straightened up and stretched his back. Then he noticed the hotel that Jack pointed out. Had that always been here?

He didn't follow jack out of the car, but turned to his companions in the back seat. "We could still bail..." he said uncertainly. He felt bad for getting them into this situation. It had to be nearly three or four in the morning. (He'd kind of lost track of time with all that had happened.) It would suck, but they could probably find their way home. He had his phone, so he could always use GPS.

But part of him wanted to stay. He had so many more questions about what had been happening. All this talk of magic and rival groups. He didn't believe it, an yet...
YJ8beQm.png
Rhys had an internal string of curses flash through his mind, mostly aimed at Jack. This unusual surroundings that appeared in what should have been a familiar area did not help. Where did this hotel come from? And what did Jackie mean by "...it's a bit of a drive to our location."?

Josh and Mandy both seemed to stay behind after Jackie bounced out. Josh was feeling the same as him. "We could." Rhys drawled. "But, do we know if we could even bail at this point? I don't know where this hotel suddenly appeared from...aw, scrap. Something tells me I'm not seeing Piri later tonight!"
Rhys had an internal string of curses flash through his mind, mostly aimed at Jack. This unusual surroundings that appeared in what should have been a familiar area did not help. Where did this hotel come from? And what did Jackie mean by "...it's a bit of a drive to our location."?

Josh and Mandy both seemed to stay behind after Jackie bounced out. Josh was feeling the same as him. "We could." Rhys drawled. "But, do we know if we could even bail at this point? I don't know where this hotel suddenly appeared from...aw, scrap. Something tells me I'm not seeing Piri later tonight!"
((it's all good Cel <3 Feel free to respond when you can))

"I- I don't know," Mandy says, "He hasn't tried to hurt any of us... He says he didn't kill Justin..."

While the three of you are still in the car, Jack turns around, "You guys coming? I'd really like to get some--"

He's cut off abruptly as something like an ethereal arrow, red and glowing, hits through his chest. He looks down in surprise, the falls to the ground. A woman can be seen, what looks like a red ethereal bow in her hands. She' s tall and thin, wearing a dark cloak of all things.

((PM's sent, you guys got the luckiest rolls I've ever seen XD))
((it's all good Cel <3 Feel free to respond when you can))

"I- I don't know," Mandy says, "He hasn't tried to hurt any of us... He says he didn't kill Justin..."

While the three of you are still in the car, Jack turns around, "You guys coming? I'd really like to get some--"

He's cut off abruptly as something like an ethereal arrow, red and glowing, hits through his chest. He looks down in surprise, the falls to the ground. A woman can be seen, what looks like a red ethereal bow in her hands. She' s tall and thin, wearing a dark cloak of all things.

((PM's sent, you guys got the luckiest rolls I've ever seen XD))
((Lol, I'm just going to learn all the spells. XD And thanks for understanding.))

Joshua could only stare as the arrow blossomed from Jack's chest. Just when he thought they were going to get some answers, this had to happen. As Jack collapsed, Joshua saw the archer standing behind him. "No!" he cried. He quickly unbuckled and leapt from the car.

Just as in the diner, he felt as if he could reproduce the spell. It was the strangest thing, but now that he'd seen this different type of magic he could tell the difference between this spell and the one that Jack had used earlier. While this spell was clearly malevolent, Jack's had actually been meant to purify. Even though these thoughts flashed through his mind, he didn't quite understand it. All he knew was that Jack really had been helping.

Joshua positioned himself behind the hood of the car for what little protection it might offer. He didn't let himself think about what he was doing, or he might over-analyze and not be able to pull it off. He took an archer's stance, imagining a bow in his hands. (It wasn't too hard. He'd spent one summer at archery camp and he still practiced every once and awhile.) As he visualized the bow, it appeared in his hand, though his was a pale blue. He drew the ethereal arrow, anchoring it on his cheek. He took a deep breath, lined up his shot, and let it fly.

((I wasn't sure of the mechanics behind spell colors - if it was spelll-specific or varied from person-to-person. I can change the color, if it matters.))
((Lol, I'm just going to learn all the spells. XD And thanks for understanding.))

Joshua could only stare as the arrow blossomed from Jack's chest. Just when he thought they were going to get some answers, this had to happen. As Jack collapsed, Joshua saw the archer standing behind him. "No!" he cried. He quickly unbuckled and leapt from the car.

Just as in the diner, he felt as if he could reproduce the spell. It was the strangest thing, but now that he'd seen this different type of magic he could tell the difference between this spell and the one that Jack had used earlier. While this spell was clearly malevolent, Jack's had actually been meant to purify. Even though these thoughts flashed through his mind, he didn't quite understand it. All he knew was that Jack really had been helping.

Joshua positioned himself behind the hood of the car for what little protection it might offer. He didn't let himself think about what he was doing, or he might over-analyze and not be able to pull it off. He took an archer's stance, imagining a bow in his hands. (It wasn't too hard. He'd spent one summer at archery camp and he still practiced every once and awhile.) As he visualized the bow, it appeared in his hand, though his was a pale blue. He drew the ethereal arrow, anchoring it on his cheek. He took a deep breath, lined up his shot, and let it fly.

((I wasn't sure of the mechanics behind spell colors - if it was spelll-specific or varied from person-to-person. I can change the color, if it matters.))
YJ8beQm.png
((That's fine ;) the color of the bow and arrow would be based on your soul's energy which can be any color))
((That's fine ;) the color of the bow and arrow would be based on your soul's energy which can be any color))
((Urf...feels terribles...))

A stream of curses came from Rhys' mouth as things got just a little more dangerous. Jackie turned to ask if they were coming, and Rhys saw him get shot in the chest with a glowing red arrow. Fired from a woman at a distance away with a glowing ethereal bow.

Josh seemed prepared to mimic the spell, and Rhys heard Jackie's voice. "Cast the spell over Jackie!!!" he cried to Josh, before turning to Mandy. "Get the rings! We need to gather all the gems and not let her get them!"
((Urf...feels terribles...))

A stream of curses came from Rhys' mouth as things got just a little more dangerous. Jackie turned to ask if they were coming, and Rhys saw him get shot in the chest with a glowing red arrow. Fired from a woman at a distance away with a glowing ethereal bow.

Josh seemed prepared to mimic the spell, and Rhys heard Jackie's voice. "Cast the spell over Jackie!!!" he cried to Josh, before turning to Mandy. "Get the rings! We need to gather all the gems and not let her get them!"
((Joshua already let an arrow loose. What spell is Rhys talking about, the purifying one? And sorry you don't feel good. :c ))
((Joshua already let an arrow loose. What spell is Rhys talking about, the purifying one? And sorry you don't feel good. :c ))
YJ8beQm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10