Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP Student
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dash was prepared to greet the Imperial Niji when Sugar mentioned the previous healer having gone missing. That distracted his attention from the well spoken hello. "Missing?" His curiosity bid his words and before his reason could react he had them out.

It was only after his utterance that his reason was able to remind him about the introductions. He turned immediately to the Imperial, thankful once again that his blush was hidden under his fur. "I apologize, my curiosity managed to get away from me. Its a pleasure to meet you Niji."
Dash was prepared to greet the Imperial Niji when Sugar mentioned the previous healer having gone missing. That distracted his attention from the well spoken hello. "Missing?" His curiosity bid his words and before his reason could react he had them out.

It was only after his utterance that his reason was able to remind him about the introductions. He turned immediately to the Imperial, thankful once again that his blush was hidden under his fur. "I apologize, my curiosity managed to get away from me. Its a pleasure to meet you Niji."
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Niji smiled and nodded greeting back. "Pleasure to meet you too, Dash. Now, how can I be of help? You also asked about the missing healer, it's a little white lie we tell, but in some ways it seems more truthful now. Our old healer isn't really missing in the sense we know where she is, but missing in the sense that she isn't herself, possessed by something else. It isn't shade, so we don't know what. Only that she caused the very first breakdown of SugarSand, and made Sholka the way he is." Niji explained carefully, smiling at both Dash and Sugar.
Niji smiled and nodded greeting back. "Pleasure to meet you too, Dash. Now, how can I be of help? You also asked about the missing healer, it's a little white lie we tell, but in some ways it seems more truthful now. Our old healer isn't really missing in the sense we know where she is, but missing in the sense that she isn't herself, possessed by something else. It isn't shade, so we don't know what. Only that she caused the very first breakdown of SugarSand, and made Sholka the way he is." Niji explained carefully, smiling at both Dash and Sugar.
Untitled_Artwork.png
"Really!?" he squeaked a bit when he asked that. "Do you know what possessed her?" he asked. His mind running so fast with his questions that he almost managed on a ramble again. If not for the renewed burning in his cheeks he likely would have.

"About that help." When he spoke this time all excitement was relieved from his tone. In fact, when he spoke it was near a whisper. He lifted his paws to his cloak, hesitating for a moment before drawing it back. "I apologize for what you are about to see," he explained and then drew back the hood.

The left side of his head was perfectly normal; a healthy Wildclaw head. The right side, however, was badly mauled. The scar over his eye had been the only visible part of the wound from under his cloak. Once the hood was removed he reveled an eye that was fogged with a light grey film. Behind the eye there were eight more deep rows of scar tissue that ran from the top of his head to his jaw line. His right ear was a tattered scrap of flesh barely handing on. Between the raised scars, what little fur there was grew in patches of black and a sickly purple. And the area was covered by festering boils that swelled with green tinged puss. Dash had slathered a greasy ointment over the wound, leaving it looking matted and slimy. He hadn't helped improve the appearance any.

"Loa, usually draws the infection out when it begins to get bad. I was hoping you might be able to do the same?"
"Really!?" he squeaked a bit when he asked that. "Do you know what possessed her?" he asked. His mind running so fast with his questions that he almost managed on a ramble again. If not for the renewed burning in his cheeks he likely would have.

"About that help." When he spoke this time all excitement was relieved from his tone. In fact, when he spoke it was near a whisper. He lifted his paws to his cloak, hesitating for a moment before drawing it back. "I apologize for what you are about to see," he explained and then drew back the hood.

The left side of his head was perfectly normal; a healthy Wildclaw head. The right side, however, was badly mauled. The scar over his eye had been the only visible part of the wound from under his cloak. Once the hood was removed he reveled an eye that was fogged with a light grey film. Behind the eye there were eight more deep rows of scar tissue that ran from the top of his head to his jaw line. His right ear was a tattered scrap of flesh barely handing on. Between the raised scars, what little fur there was grew in patches of black and a sickly purple. And the area was covered by festering boils that swelled with green tinged puss. Dash had slathered a greasy ointment over the wound, leaving it looking matted and slimy. He hadn't helped improve the appearance any.

"Loa, usually draws the infection out when it begins to get bad. I was hoping you might be able to do the same?"
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Sugar gasped not out of shock or horror, but empathy and sadness for him. "Aww my poor dear, how did such a wound occur? It seems like something a dragon would get from straying too close to the rotten Wyrmwound. And well, our healer, Mags, we don't know what possessed her. She might have just gone mad from going overboard on experimentation with the odd properties of Plague Sand." Sugar sounded sad but kind.

Niji just nodded and rose carefully. "That's pretty bad. I've seen worse, but thats still right up there.." He spoke slowly and with thought as he left the room, calling loudly for Forekai to bring the sand, salve, and sentient green goo that lived under the kitchen sink.
Sugar gasped not out of shock or horror, but empathy and sadness for him. "Aww my poor dear, how did such a wound occur? It seems like something a dragon would get from straying too close to the rotten Wyrmwound. And well, our healer, Mags, we don't know what possessed her. She might have just gone mad from going overboard on experimentation with the odd properties of Plague Sand." Sugar sounded sad but kind.

Niji just nodded and rose carefully. "That's pretty bad. I've seen worse, but thats still right up there.." He spoke slowly and with thought as he left the room, calling loudly for Forekai to bring the sand, salve, and sentient green goo that lived under the kitchen sink.
Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash was about to question the 'Plague Sand', when Niji suggested something about a 'sentient green goo' which lived under the kitchen sink. "Wha-- Green Goo?"
Dash was about to question the 'Plague Sand', when Niji suggested something about a 'sentient green goo' which lived under the kitchen sink. "Wha-- Green Goo?"
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Niji returned swiftly, and shortly after Forekai tossed a satchel and a excitedly squealing blob of green sentient goo, caught easily by the massive Imperial. "Yes, this is Gimbly, the resident sentient green goo." It warbled and jiggled excitedly in his paw.
"No idea where it came from or what it's made of, but when mixed with red plague sand it becomes like an anti-toxin of sorts. When it comes to plague-related wounds, we've found nothing works quite as well, I know from personal experience. It's also great for just cleaning out wounds in general. It also prevents quite excellently further infection from spreading in most, but not all, cases, and protects from dust and grime."
The sentient slime didn't want to stop wriggling, seemingly pleased by the praise.
Niji returned swiftly, and shortly after Forekai tossed a satchel and a excitedly squealing blob of green sentient goo, caught easily by the massive Imperial. "Yes, this is Gimbly, the resident sentient green goo." It warbled and jiggled excitedly in his paw.
"No idea where it came from or what it's made of, but when mixed with red plague sand it becomes like an anti-toxin of sorts. When it comes to plague-related wounds, we've found nothing works quite as well, I know from personal experience. It's also great for just cleaning out wounds in general. It also prevents quite excellently further infection from spreading in most, but not all, cases, and protects from dust and grime."
The sentient slime didn't want to stop wriggling, seemingly pleased by the praise.
Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash couldn't help the chuckle he emitted. Not after watching the cute display of the sentient goo. As he waited for Niji to prepare he noticed Sugar standing close and realized he had forgotten about her question.

He redirected his attention to the Clan Leader. "It happened when I was very young. My birth clan came under attack during a dominance race between Wind and Plague. They set some..." Dash lifted a paw to indicate the infected side of his face. "...Well something. No one has ever identified whatever sickness this is. Anyway, they released it into our water supply. Within minutes my clan was almost completely decimated. I managed out alive, but with this as a permeate reminder."

The reminder of his past consumed his mind, causing him to shiver violently. He was able to collect himself enough to redirect the conversation to his previous curiosity. "Can you tell me what Plague Sand is?"

Dash couldn't help the chuckle he emitted. Not after watching the cute display of the sentient goo. As he waited for Niji to prepare he noticed Sugar standing close and realized he had forgotten about her question.

He redirected his attention to the Clan Leader. "It happened when I was very young. My birth clan came under attack during a dominance race between Wind and Plague. They set some..." Dash lifted a paw to indicate the infected side of his face. "...Well something. No one has ever identified whatever sickness this is. Anyway, they released it into our water supply. Within minutes my clan was almost completely decimated. I managed out alive, but with this as a permeate reminder."

The reminder of his past consumed his mind, causing him to shiver violently. He was able to collect himself enough to redirect the conversation to his previous curiosity. "Can you tell me what Plague Sand is?"

buffer text
Coming
Soon
"Plague sand is just sand from plague, although the stuff we use has been refined carefully so the dangerous stuff is non-existent. We use it as a vaccine for hatchlings or newcomers, and a healing aid in plague-related injuries. It's excellent at absorbing unwanted things"
Niji hummed as he made Dash keep his head still after mixing a small amount of water and sand to make an abrasive paste, and gently applying it. The rough nature forced the wound to give up the infection stinging slightly, before Niji washed it away and tsked at the mess it left behind as he then dropped the sentient slime on his face. It gurgled and spread out over the wound, delightfully soothing and cleaning out the places the water and sand had missed.
"Plague sand is just sand from plague, although the stuff we use has been refined carefully so the dangerous stuff is non-existent. We use it as a vaccine for hatchlings or newcomers, and a healing aid in plague-related injuries. It's excellent at absorbing unwanted things"
Niji hummed as he made Dash keep his head still after mixing a small amount of water and sand to make an abrasive paste, and gently applying it. The rough nature forced the wound to give up the infection stinging slightly, before Niji washed it away and tsked at the mess it left behind as he then dropped the sentient slime on his face. It gurgled and spread out over the wound, delightfully soothing and cleaning out the places the water and sand had missed.
Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash giggled as the goo wiggled over his face. In addition to the soothing effect the healing caused it also tickled. That was not a sensation he had felt in that area in a long time. Being as this was an interesting new way to tend to such an illusive and mostly unknown sickness he took a moment to write down what he had learned. "Fascinating! Thank you," he offered once the treatment was finished, "that feels much better."

Now that he could focus and the nausea had subsided he could focus better on other matters. "Do you know if my teacher is back home?"

I'm curious about the progression of the training? Were you intending on doing a time laps or anything?
Dash giggled as the goo wiggled over his face. In addition to the soothing effect the healing caused it also tickled. That was not a sensation he had felt in that area in a long time. Being as this was an interesting new way to tend to such an illusive and mostly unknown sickness he took a moment to write down what he had learned. "Fascinating! Thank you," he offered once the treatment was finished, "that feels much better."

Now that he could focus and the nausea had subsided he could focus better on other matters. "Do you know if my teacher is back home?"

I'm curious about the progression of the training? Were you intending on doing a time laps or anything?
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Nji smiled and handed him a large jar of red sand, before splitting the one goo in half to make two now sentient goos, before shoving that in a jar as well. "If you like you can take these with you when you go home, I'll leave them here for you. I'm glad you feel better."

Sugar spoke up to answer Dash's question. "Yes, Lindarin is back, and he has been back for a while. He'll be above ground by the northern exit. Would you like me to show you, and get something to eat on the way through?"

I usually do in other R.P, so I guess so? MOstly because I don't have an exact idea of what kind of training would happen. But if you want something or have an idea for it, I'm happy to go along with it. Otherwise a timelaps works.
Nji smiled and handed him a large jar of red sand, before splitting the one goo in half to make two now sentient goos, before shoving that in a jar as well. "If you like you can take these with you when you go home, I'll leave them here for you. I'm glad you feel better."

Sugar spoke up to answer Dash's question. "Yes, Lindarin is back, and he has been back for a while. He'll be above ground by the northern exit. Would you like me to show you, and get something to eat on the way through?"

I usually do in other R.P, so I guess so? MOstly because I don't have an exact idea of what kind of training would happen. But if you want something or have an idea for it, I'm happy to go along with it. Otherwise a timelaps works.
Untitled_Artwork.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10