Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP Student
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dash pondered the explanation for a moment; his mind returning to Lindarin's use of-- what he assumed was-- similar physically manifesting magic. "Does it always appear as a black, consuming cloud?" he asked, before offering his big grin to Lindarin and the others that arrived. The group was rather small and with that he looked up to find most everyone else was gone. "Oh? Where did the others go?"
Dash pondered the explanation for a moment; his mind returning to Lindarin's use of-- what he assumed was-- similar physically manifesting magic. "Does it always appear as a black, consuming cloud?" he asked, before offering his big grin to Lindarin and the others that arrived. The group was rather small and with that he looked up to find most everyone else was gone. "Oh? Where did the others go?"
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
"No, it can look however I want it to look. It could be a green haze, or a white blanket, or a mirror-like substance so you only see your reflection." James paused to greet the others, before Lindarin spoke.
"The others have gone to rest for now, and are taking refuge at SugarSand, the closest clan to this area. No other dares to come close due to the BloodSirens that live here. SugarSand however has a close bond with them."
The only dragons now left were Devastation, CursedOne, Gloria, Sholka, James, Lindarin, and Dash. The perfect place and time to ask a million and one questions.
"No, it can look however I want it to look. It could be a green haze, or a white blanket, or a mirror-like substance so you only see your reflection." James paused to greet the others, before Lindarin spoke.
"The others have gone to rest for now, and are taking refuge at SugarSand, the closest clan to this area. No other dares to come close due to the BloodSirens that live here. SugarSand however has a close bond with them."
The only dragons now left were Devastation, CursedOne, Gloria, Sholka, James, Lindarin, and Dash. The perfect place and time to ask a million and one questions.
Untitled_Artwork.png
With just those few he knew, Dash's mind kicked into high gear-- as it normally does-- and his thoughts were flooded with questions. Most of which slipped from his maw before he could reign himself in. "How are you able to manipulate it to form like that? Does it take extra energy? Why is the deity's name I chose so close to your own? What is the process to learn all you have? What magic are you using Flash, the energy makes my fur stand on end? Who are the Bloodsirens? How are you doing Sholka, I do hope better? Will all of the apprentices learn together, or individually? Can you explain more about each of the deities? You said good and bad, is that based on the socially acceptable standards of right and wrong, or is it more like the struggle between light and void- order and chaos?

Dash stopped there, mostly because he finally ran out of breath to speak. During the pause where the air was actual quiet he went searching for his journal and pen, which he held at the ready.

Finally got to read Flash, he's a beautiful dragon and oh my word that is a lot to spend on gene therapy! He is an expensive drake =)
With just those few he knew, Dash's mind kicked into high gear-- as it normally does-- and his thoughts were flooded with questions. Most of which slipped from his maw before he could reign himself in. "How are you able to manipulate it to form like that? Does it take extra energy? Why is the deity's name I chose so close to your own? What is the process to learn all you have? What magic are you using Flash, the energy makes my fur stand on end? Who are the Bloodsirens? How are you doing Sholka, I do hope better? Will all of the apprentices learn together, or individually? Can you explain more about each of the deities? You said good and bad, is that based on the socially acceptable standards of right and wrong, or is it more like the struggle between light and void- order and chaos?

Dash stopped there, mostly because he finally ran out of breath to speak. During the pause where the air was actual quiet he went searching for his journal and pen, which he held at the ready.

Finally got to read Flash, he's a beautiful dragon and oh my word that is a lot to spend on gene therapy! He is an expensive drake =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Flash laughed cheerfully.
"So many questions! I guess I'll answer first, give the others a chance to answer. I'm not entirely sure, it feels like the standard crackly electricity of the lightning flight, but it's smooth and overwhelming like the water flight's offensive magic. It's quite lovely to use, but I find it more fun to play with my anger frog than play with magic."
He chuckled and took a very angry looking frog from his head and held it in his hands.
"As for the BloodSirens, they're a clan of dragons with shimmering red scales, deep blue eyes, and a voice so sweet it lures you in before they eat you or turn you into a mindless slave before they eat you. The reason we can come and go as we please and they won't hurt us, is because their leader Myra is actually in love with one of our own, although the two aren't on good terms right now. But they promised that a falling out wouldn't affect our passage here. But to be safe, don't come here alone okay?"

He smiled and turned to James for his turn to explain the questions thrown at him.
"It takes a bit of practice, you have to really focus on what you want it to look like, feel how it would be should it have a physical presence. But after a while it becomes second nature for most. It does not take extra energy, instead some believe it might use less due to there being a point in the physical, visible world that the magic can use as sort transfer point, a conductor of sorts."
He nodded and coiled on the ground to sit and relax. He looked a lot like the snake at Dash's feet.

Sholka was quite a bit bigger since they last met, and he lay down so Dash didn't have to practically stare right up at the sky to talk to him properly. His Psywurm was sitting calmly on his back, finally making an appearance. He looked much more intimidating now, one might even say terrifying, scales covered in inky black patches along his legs and tail, teeth wicked sharp, and red eyes tinged with dormant malice and hunger.
"I must apologize, I'm not the best at the moment. Losing Dycata was rough, and the Shade won't let me live it down. I'm calm now, Timothy is good with that."
The psywurm apparently named Timothy nodded greeting to Dash.
"I apologize if you begin to feel agitated or unstable, that would also be Tim's fault, sorry bud." Timothy huffed and looked away from them, feigning anger.
"How are you doing? Research coming along well? Meeting new dragons and Shade?"

Lindarin but in before Sholka could ask a million questions of his own.
"Sorry Sholka but while his Questions are fresh on my mind. The reason the name is so close, is because it is my name."
James nodded confirmation.
"I also have a linger belief that Flash has some link to one of the old gods, one of my companions, but I cannot be certain, as he has no memory of anything or anyone. But his magic is incredibly potent. But back on track, the process of learning is heavily dependent on each dragon. Some only have to hear about it and they are masters, some have to really work, some nothing is done at all. In the beginning a few of you might work together based on your chosen gods, but this will be a path of individual discovery in the long run. You are lucky and have me around to teach you, but others will have to visit far away places, study in isolation. Others will simply know and continue with their lives. For some it takes years to establish the ancient magical connections, for others it's instantaneously the moment they truly believe that they are told. I must say though, Apollo has surprised me. He knew the name he wanted without glancing at the parchment. He has incredible potential, but, I am worried for him. So young."

He seemed to go off in thought for a moment, loosing focus, before coming back with a smile and small shake of his head.
"My apologies. Now, your final question. When I say good and bad, it is incredibly basic way of saying two sides that control and keep balance. None of them are truly good or truly evil, but a mix of both. What determines them to be seen as 'bad' was the potential their magic had of doing what was seen as wrong, and vice versa. There should be at least twice as many students here for this reason, but there isn't time, and finding 24 dragons in this day and age is ludicrous to do alone."

Flash laughed cheerfully.
"So many questions! I guess I'll answer first, give the others a chance to answer. I'm not entirely sure, it feels like the standard crackly electricity of the lightning flight, but it's smooth and overwhelming like the water flight's offensive magic. It's quite lovely to use, but I find it more fun to play with my anger frog than play with magic."
He chuckled and took a very angry looking frog from his head and held it in his hands.
"As for the BloodSirens, they're a clan of dragons with shimmering red scales, deep blue eyes, and a voice so sweet it lures you in before they eat you or turn you into a mindless slave before they eat you. The reason we can come and go as we please and they won't hurt us, is because their leader Myra is actually in love with one of our own, although the two aren't on good terms right now. But they promised that a falling out wouldn't affect our passage here. But to be safe, don't come here alone okay?"

He smiled and turned to James for his turn to explain the questions thrown at him.
"It takes a bit of practice, you have to really focus on what you want it to look like, feel how it would be should it have a physical presence. But after a while it becomes second nature for most. It does not take extra energy, instead some believe it might use less due to there being a point in the physical, visible world that the magic can use as sort transfer point, a conductor of sorts."
He nodded and coiled on the ground to sit and relax. He looked a lot like the snake at Dash's feet.

Sholka was quite a bit bigger since they last met, and he lay down so Dash didn't have to practically stare right up at the sky to talk to him properly. His Psywurm was sitting calmly on his back, finally making an appearance. He looked much more intimidating now, one might even say terrifying, scales covered in inky black patches along his legs and tail, teeth wicked sharp, and red eyes tinged with dormant malice and hunger.
"I must apologize, I'm not the best at the moment. Losing Dycata was rough, and the Shade won't let me live it down. I'm calm now, Timothy is good with that."
The psywurm apparently named Timothy nodded greeting to Dash.
"I apologize if you begin to feel agitated or unstable, that would also be Tim's fault, sorry bud." Timothy huffed and looked away from them, feigning anger.
"How are you doing? Research coming along well? Meeting new dragons and Shade?"

Lindarin but in before Sholka could ask a million questions of his own.
"Sorry Sholka but while his Questions are fresh on my mind. The reason the name is so close, is because it is my name."
James nodded confirmation.
"I also have a linger belief that Flash has some link to one of the old gods, one of my companions, but I cannot be certain, as he has no memory of anything or anyone. But his magic is incredibly potent. But back on track, the process of learning is heavily dependent on each dragon. Some only have to hear about it and they are masters, some have to really work, some nothing is done at all. In the beginning a few of you might work together based on your chosen gods, but this will be a path of individual discovery in the long run. You are lucky and have me around to teach you, but others will have to visit far away places, study in isolation. Others will simply know and continue with their lives. For some it takes years to establish the ancient magical connections, for others it's instantaneously the moment they truly believe that they are told. I must say though, Apollo has surprised me. He knew the name he wanted without glancing at the parchment. He has incredible potential, but, I am worried for him. So young."

He seemed to go off in thought for a moment, loosing focus, before coming back with a smile and small shake of his head.
"My apologies. Now, your final question. When I say good and bad, it is incredibly basic way of saying two sides that control and keep balance. None of them are truly good or truly evil, but a mix of both. What determines them to be seen as 'bad' was the potential their magic had of doing what was seen as wrong, and vice versa. There should be at least twice as many students here for this reason, but there isn't time, and finding 24 dragons in this day and age is ludicrous to do alone."

Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash acknowledged Flash's suggestion with a head bob, before letting his attention swing back to his journal and the last bit of his notes concerning his explanation. When James explained the conduit between physical and metaphysical his smile grew. The notion that a single point linking the two would make magic stronger, or more defined was fascinating. He would have to collect more on that subject later.

The change in Sholka had been noticed, but until now Dash had not been close enough to see the extent of it. The flinch was only natural, though he tried to keep it contained so not to upset the Imperial. As he was answering his questions Dash quickly sketched out the changes and the Psywyrm, whom he greeted with a warm smile and a bob of his head. He did note he felt a tingle of irritation which he could not explain, thankfully it seemed controllable. Again, he noted to study the familiar later to see the extent of his siphoning abilities.

He had inhaled to answer the questions when Lindarin began speaking, so his attention was diverted to the entity. The answer to the name caused his smile to yet grow larger (a miracle because it was so large already), it was as he deduced, but he had wanted to be certain. He listened and recorded each word, making sure to notate areas of interest, before continuing.

First he turned to Sholka. "I am doing very well, thank you. My research is coming along nicely. I should be able to start my Compendium soon. Or that is the plan anyway," he said with a snicker, knowing as he did that plans very rarely went as intended for him. "Quite a few new faces at the symposium, actually." He took a small mirror from his pocket and gave it a brief glance. With an approving nod of his head he slipped it back into his pocket. "It's been an influx of information, which has been a bit overwhelming. Truth be told, this break away from the main is welcome."

With the new thoughts of a break from his office fresh in mind he turned to Lindarin. "May I have a history on the old deities? Is this body a host, or did you make a physical form? Why did you leave and let the elemental powers-that-be have the rule." He simi growled at that notion, though he fought to reel in the irritation. For a second he switched his attention to the Psywyrm resting atop Sholka and wondered if his nearness had exacerbated his already tense feelings about the present powers. "Also," he continued after clearing his throat, "does that mean I'll not be seeing many of the other students? And what are the abilities of the other old deities?"

Dash acknowledged Flash's suggestion with a head bob, before letting his attention swing back to his journal and the last bit of his notes concerning his explanation. When James explained the conduit between physical and metaphysical his smile grew. The notion that a single point linking the two would make magic stronger, or more defined was fascinating. He would have to collect more on that subject later.

The change in Sholka had been noticed, but until now Dash had not been close enough to see the extent of it. The flinch was only natural, though he tried to keep it contained so not to upset the Imperial. As he was answering his questions Dash quickly sketched out the changes and the Psywyrm, whom he greeted with a warm smile and a bob of his head. He did note he felt a tingle of irritation which he could not explain, thankfully it seemed controllable. Again, he noted to study the familiar later to see the extent of his siphoning abilities.

He had inhaled to answer the questions when Lindarin began speaking, so his attention was diverted to the entity. The answer to the name caused his smile to yet grow larger (a miracle because it was so large already), it was as he deduced, but he had wanted to be certain. He listened and recorded each word, making sure to notate areas of interest, before continuing.

First he turned to Sholka. "I am doing very well, thank you. My research is coming along nicely. I should be able to start my Compendium soon. Or that is the plan anyway," he said with a snicker, knowing as he did that plans very rarely went as intended for him. "Quite a few new faces at the symposium, actually." He took a small mirror from his pocket and gave it a brief glance. With an approving nod of his head he slipped it back into his pocket. "It's been an influx of information, which has been a bit overwhelming. Truth be told, this break away from the main is welcome."

With the new thoughts of a break from his office fresh in mind he turned to Lindarin. "May I have a history on the old deities? Is this body a host, or did you make a physical form? Why did you leave and let the elemental powers-that-be have the rule." He simi growled at that notion, though he fought to reel in the irritation. For a second he switched his attention to the Psywyrm resting atop Sholka and wondered if his nearness had exacerbated his already tense feelings about the present powers. "Also," he continued after clearing his throat, "does that mean I'll not be seeing many of the other students? And what are the abilities of the other old deities?"

buffer text
Coming
Soon
Sholka didn't mind him being disturbed, quite used to it, and he even expected it to some degree. When he realized he was disturbing the natural emotions of the others, he left to quietly. "Call me if you need me, I'll be nearby, not so close to start making people irritated."

Lindarin nodded to them both, before talking again with a smile to Dash.
"This body is not a host, nor did I make it. I was truly born into this era as a coatl, and it took me a very long time to remember who I was, and how to do what I did. It was an interesting yet not unpleasant experience. I had sealed my magic and memories into these cards, and hidden them. Problem was, I didn't remember where, or what they were, or who I was. It was a lot of guessing until I found them. As for why we let the current Deities take over, we had been in power for much too long. One of us went crazed, and three others banded with him. Together those four tipped and crushed the power balance by killing another god. I will not say names for the sake of any of the others should they be lingering still. But in return, the remaining eight of us had to restore, and killed the crazed god, before sealing away the three traitors. We all came to agree it was safer to let someone else rule than us, and we all went into hiding, surrendering our god-likeness to nature herself. And now here I am."

Lindarin paused to think, flicking a glance to the oblivious Flash, who was talking to a very round and angry looking frog, before returning to answer the rest of Dash's questions.
"A brief history of us, huh? Well you know how it all ended, but not one of us old gods know hoe it started. It was so long ago, we can't remember. Some believe it was much like how the current deities were born, others believe we were given these powers as gifts after the era before us passed, others believed we were the first and came from the heavens. I personally believe the second, because I remember something so clearly. A family of three, but they weren't dragons. They weren't covered in scales or feathers, but they had the warmest smiles. How they looked exactly is fuzzy now, but that warm and knowing feeling lingers on. As for what happened after that, it was really boring. Settle disputes, stop this drought, start that flood, basic boring god things. Most years we just sat and did nothing, or taught disciples."
He chuckled at the memories of possibly centuries ago.
"You won't be seeing many of them, yes. I believe two have already left together, which is quite amusing considering their gods hated each other. I wonder how it will turn out for them. But ah back on track, most gods were not defined by specialist powers, we all had very similar if not the same, but it was how they used those powers. I used them for time, sensory and spacial manipulation, as you've seen. Skitara, used her abilities to make sure no-one stepped out of line, using creation magic in the form of metals and traps. Asktain was incredibly mischiveous, and loved to cause mayhem. As such he loved to bring back the dead. Infact, in light of this memory I believe he has something most likely to do with the phenomenon known as 'Emperors'."
Sholka didn't mind him being disturbed, quite used to it, and he even expected it to some degree. When he realized he was disturbing the natural emotions of the others, he left to quietly. "Call me if you need me, I'll be nearby, not so close to start making people irritated."

Lindarin nodded to them both, before talking again with a smile to Dash.
"This body is not a host, nor did I make it. I was truly born into this era as a coatl, and it took me a very long time to remember who I was, and how to do what I did. It was an interesting yet not unpleasant experience. I had sealed my magic and memories into these cards, and hidden them. Problem was, I didn't remember where, or what they were, or who I was. It was a lot of guessing until I found them. As for why we let the current Deities take over, we had been in power for much too long. One of us went crazed, and three others banded with him. Together those four tipped and crushed the power balance by killing another god. I will not say names for the sake of any of the others should they be lingering still. But in return, the remaining eight of us had to restore, and killed the crazed god, before sealing away the three traitors. We all came to agree it was safer to let someone else rule than us, and we all went into hiding, surrendering our god-likeness to nature herself. And now here I am."

Lindarin paused to think, flicking a glance to the oblivious Flash, who was talking to a very round and angry looking frog, before returning to answer the rest of Dash's questions.
"A brief history of us, huh? Well you know how it all ended, but not one of us old gods know hoe it started. It was so long ago, we can't remember. Some believe it was much like how the current deities were born, others believe we were given these powers as gifts after the era before us passed, others believed we were the first and came from the heavens. I personally believe the second, because I remember something so clearly. A family of three, but they weren't dragons. They weren't covered in scales or feathers, but they had the warmest smiles. How they looked exactly is fuzzy now, but that warm and knowing feeling lingers on. As for what happened after that, it was really boring. Settle disputes, stop this drought, start that flood, basic boring god things. Most years we just sat and did nothing, or taught disciples."
He chuckled at the memories of possibly centuries ago.
"You won't be seeing many of them, yes. I believe two have already left together, which is quite amusing considering their gods hated each other. I wonder how it will turn out for them. But ah back on track, most gods were not defined by specialist powers, we all had very similar if not the same, but it was how they used those powers. I used them for time, sensory and spacial manipulation, as you've seen. Skitara, used her abilities to make sure no-one stepped out of line, using creation magic in the form of metals and traps. Asktain was incredibly mischiveous, and loved to cause mayhem. As such he loved to bring back the dead. Infact, in light of this memory I believe he has something most likely to do with the phenomenon known as 'Emperors'."
Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash nodded understanding for each of the answers, though at the last one he cringed. For eons people had speculated on how and why the Emperors came into being and the truth of the matter just fell into his lap. It was a bit overwhelming. "Why would he make Emperors? Isn't that overkill?"

Dash nodded understanding for each of the answers, though at the last one he cringed. For eons people had speculated on how and why the Emperors came into being and the truth of the matter just fell into his lap. It was a bit overwhelming. "Why would he make Emperors? Isn't that overkill?"

buffer text
Coming
Soon
"He might not have, but it is possible. And I don't know why. When I knew him, and I knew him well, he brought back the dead for only a short while to trick others or deal with problematic events where the living should not get involved." Lindarin answered truthfully, and Flash ate a butterfly accidentally while chasing one.
"He might not have, but it is possible. And I don't know why. When I knew him, and I knew him well, he brought back the dead for only a short while to trick others or deal with problematic events where the living should not get involved." Lindarin answered truthfully, and Flash ate a butterfly accidentally while chasing one.
Untitled_Artwork.png
"Oh, I see," Dash said. That eased him a bit, but at the same time returned the solved to the unsolved. "So," he said, "what lessons will I need?" He asked this as he began eagerly hopping. Flash did catch his attention when he ate the butterfly and as he waited for an answer he stood there with his head cocked watching the blue Wildclaw.

I'm sorry but... hahahaha! Flash and the butterfly =D
"Oh, I see," Dash said. That eased him a bit, but at the same time returned the solved to the unsolved. "So," he said, "what lessons will I need?" He asked this as he began eagerly hopping. Flash did catch his attention when he ate the butterfly and as he waited for an answer he stood there with his head cocked watching the blue Wildclaw.

I'm sorry but... hahahaha! Flash and the butterfly =D
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Lindarin closed his eyes and thought for a moment as to how to go about teaching him. "Once upon a time we would teach our disciples by dropping them from great heights and force them to use magic to survive, but you and I are dragons, wings do the job just fine. Life and Death situations used to work best for teaching, but those are primitive methods that will most likely no longer work."
While Lindarin thought for a moment, Flash was quietly choking on the butterfly he had just swallowed, and it was most comical when he managed to cough it out, and it flew away rather unhappily after being partially eaten. He looked rather disappointed that it had escaped, only for his angry-looking head frog to eat it instead.

Lindarin spoke again, in a curious tone as if he were still thinking. "How do you prefer to learn? Do you like to learn through experience, or being told?"
Lindarin closed his eyes and thought for a moment as to how to go about teaching him. "Once upon a time we would teach our disciples by dropping them from great heights and force them to use magic to survive, but you and I are dragons, wings do the job just fine. Life and Death situations used to work best for teaching, but those are primitive methods that will most likely no longer work."
While Lindarin thought for a moment, Flash was quietly choking on the butterfly he had just swallowed, and it was most comical when he managed to cough it out, and it flew away rather unhappily after being partially eaten. He looked rather disappointed that it had escaped, only for his angry-looking head frog to eat it instead.

Lindarin spoke again, in a curious tone as if he were still thinking. "How do you prefer to learn? Do you like to learn through experience, or being told?"
Untitled_Artwork.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10