Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP Student
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thank you! =D
Details on Dash's charm: It's temporal magic and was created for him by Azurefire, who utilizes magics not exactly from the elemental planes. It's capable of stopping time for about five minutes, no more, and must take at least five hours to recharge the stop there after. He also has the ability to speed himself up for about three seconds and can use that no more then five times in a row before the charm must recharge. It only takes an hour for that one to recharge depending on how much he uses it. The charm is dependent on the soul to work, so it must stay in close proximity to Dash other wise it's just a pretty trinket. Also, interesting note-- I just updated Dash's bio to explain his alter persona.

When James said he could win by getting his belt a little light bulb went off in Dash's brain. He squeezed his charm tightly between his claws, feeling the energy within. Not yet, he told himself. He knew nothing of this Spiral, so with that fact in mind he took his first, clumsy move.

Dash rushed towards James, building the wind energy in his throat. Once close enough he expelled the blast, aiming for the ground under his opponent in the hopes of whipping up enough dirt to disorientate. The blast hit spot on and up billowed a massive plume of red dirt between the two. Dash used the cover to rush behind James and reach for the belt along the many coils of his body.

Thank you! =D
Details on Dash's charm: It's temporal magic and was created for him by Azurefire, who utilizes magics not exactly from the elemental planes. It's capable of stopping time for about five minutes, no more, and must take at least five hours to recharge the stop there after. He also has the ability to speed himself up for about three seconds and can use that no more then five times in a row before the charm must recharge. It only takes an hour for that one to recharge depending on how much he uses it. The charm is dependent on the soul to work, so it must stay in close proximity to Dash other wise it's just a pretty trinket. Also, interesting note-- I just updated Dash's bio to explain his alter persona.

When James said he could win by getting his belt a little light bulb went off in Dash's brain. He squeezed his charm tightly between his claws, feeling the energy within. Not yet, he told himself. He knew nothing of this Spiral, so with that fact in mind he took his first, clumsy move.

Dash rushed towards James, building the wind energy in his throat. Once close enough he expelled the blast, aiming for the ground under his opponent in the hopes of whipping up enough dirt to disorientate. The blast hit spot on and up billowed a massive plume of red dirt between the two. Dash used the cover to rush behind James and reach for the belt along the many coils of his body.

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
All Dash grabbed was a stick, with James sitting high in a tree, dangling said stick down.
"To an ordinary dragon, that would have them instantly, very nice. I tried something similar, creating a distraction before going for the attack, but as always the opponent is always faster than you can expect. And I must admit, that was very close, you even managed to loosen the knot, well done." Swirls of crackling energy formed in his claws, and everything went dark in a 15 meter radius around them.
"I have moved to the middle, but I won't move again. Find me."
All Dash grabbed was a stick, with James sitting high in a tree, dangling said stick down.
"To an ordinary dragon, that would have them instantly, very nice. I tried something similar, creating a distraction before going for the attack, but as always the opponent is always faster than you can expect. And I must admit, that was very close, you even managed to loosen the knot, well done." Swirls of crackling energy formed in his claws, and everything went dark in a 15 meter radius around them.
"I have moved to the middle, but I won't move again. Find me."
Untitled_Artwork.png
The energy tickled his fur, causing him to giggle just a bit as he thought on the next step of this trial. "What is this energy?" he asked.
The energy tickled his fur, causing him to giggle just a bit as he thought on the next step of this trial. "What is this energy?" he asked.
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
"It's magic in a more physical form. You're running out of time, I dislike sitting still for too long." He warned as he clicked his claws somewhat impatiently, wondering exactly what Dash was going to do, seeing as he couldn't see him either, for now.
"It's magic in a more physical form. You're running out of time, I dislike sitting still for too long." He warned as he clicked his claws somewhat impatiently, wondering exactly what Dash was going to do, seeing as he couldn't see him either, for now.
Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash's right ear twitched, having picked up on the direction of his opponent. The clicking claws only aided with his search. He quickly and quietly followed the sound until he felt he was right on top of it. Once he felt he was near enough he lurched forward hoping to make contact.
Dash's right ear twitched, having picked up on the direction of his opponent. The clicking claws only aided with his search. He quickly and quietly followed the sound until he felt he was right on top of it. Once he felt he was near enough he lurched forward hoping to make contact.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
James was grabbed by the tail, and he twisted to try and break free, partially expecting it, just not so soon or so accurately in the dark. His scales were smooth and slippery, hard to keep hold of. "You're fast, I should have expected you to find me so quickly, but most get completely lost, even with help."
James nipped lightly to try and surprise him into letting go.
James was grabbed by the tail, and he twisted to try and break free, partially expecting it, just not so soon or so accurately in the dark. His scales were smooth and slippery, hard to keep hold of. "You're fast, I should have expected you to find me so quickly, but most get completely lost, even with help."
James nipped lightly to try and surprise him into letting go.
Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash didn't release the tail, even with the teeth coming at him. The reason for this was because that belt was right in front of him. "Fosoon!" his charm worked-- for the most part-- to stall time and during that moment of still he reached for the knot in the belt.
Dash didn't release the tail, even with the teeth coming at him. The reason for this was because that belt was right in front of him. "Fosoon!" his charm worked-- for the most part-- to stall time and during that moment of still he reached for the knot in the belt.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
It came loose from James' waist, and was leathery in Dash's claws. Once movement was possible, James released his spell of darkness with the same crackle of energy from earlier, smiling under his mask.
"I congratulate you. You have some rather interesting magic in your possession. I believe the others are also done... yes most of them have left. You're free to ask as many questions as you desire of any of us."
It came loose from James' waist, and was leathery in Dash's claws. Once movement was possible, James released his spell of darkness with the same crackle of energy from earlier, smiling under his mask.
"I congratulate you. You have some rather interesting magic in your possession. I believe the others are also done... yes most of them have left. You're free to ask as many questions as you desire of any of us."
Untitled_Artwork.png
Dash gave the belt a quick squeeze and did a short victory dance with it in hand, before handing it back with a bow of his head. "That was most challenging. Thank you." Now that the challenge was complete, he was eager to get to his questions. Like the giddy cub he becomes when doing what he loved so much, he giggled and asked the first of what was undoubtedly going to be many. "You explained your dark cloud was a more physical form of magic, can you elaborate on that?"
Dash gave the belt a quick squeeze and did a short victory dance with it in hand, before handing it back with a bow of his head. "That was most challenging. Thank you." Now that the challenge was complete, he was eager to get to his questions. Like the giddy cub he becomes when doing what he loved so much, he giggled and asked the first of what was undoubtedly going to be many. "You explained your dark cloud was a more physical form of magic, can you elaborate on that?"
buffer text
Coming
Soon
James watched the little dance in amusement, before listening to his first question.
"Well, you take magic, and make it visible. Most forms can't be seen when used, much like yours. It simply happened. Whereas I learnt how to take what would usually be invisible, and make it so others can see what I'm doing. It can be very intimidating in dark places to see and hear before suddenly being ambushed. I don't know how else to explain it, because I don't fully understand how myself."
He nodded in thought as Lindarin and the others filtered in, the Apprentices having gone elsewhere to rest and talk.
James watched the little dance in amusement, before listening to his first question.
"Well, you take magic, and make it visible. Most forms can't be seen when used, much like yours. It simply happened. Whereas I learnt how to take what would usually be invisible, and make it so others can see what I'm doing. It can be very intimidating in dark places to see and hear before suddenly being ambushed. I don't know how else to explain it, because I don't fully understand how myself."
He nodded in thought as Lindarin and the others filtered in, the Apprentices having gone elsewhere to rest and talk.
Untitled_Artwork.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10