Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1/SoulLugia11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
WHat a joy, sentient life. . . Kodi sighed as he slowly stood. He wasn't normally a shy kid, he'd always been outgoing, but that was before being brought to this place. "Well I'm not going to eat you. I do take offense at you thinking that though considering you could do more damage to me with your claws then I could to you."

He titled his head slightly, his hair falling to hide the right side of his face. "So I take it by look, you're one of the other experiments here?" He was asking more for confirmation then anything, as this could be an experiment from else where that got thrown here.
WHat a joy, sentient life. . . Kodi sighed as he slowly stood. He wasn't normally a shy kid, he'd always been outgoing, but that was before being brought to this place. "Well I'm not going to eat you. I do take offense at you thinking that though considering you could do more damage to me with your claws then I could to you."

He titled his head slightly, his hair falling to hide the right side of his face. "So I take it by look, you're one of the other experiments here?" He was asking more for confirmation then anything, as this could be an experiment from else where that got thrown here.
Current Status: Online/Offline/Sleeping/Cooking/In Coli/Lurking/Hiatus/Work
Owner of Sixth Sense Hatchery
I Support
tumblr_inline_oiv572OQAN1rf6w8g_500.png
Oliver squinted a little to focus his vision on the source of the voice. The mostly humanoid shape was standing up now, talking again. His face reddened a little as he explained how much better Oliver would be in combat. He knew that wouldn't be true; he wasn't a fighter. He didn't like to fight, coming off as rather passive most of the time. He probably wouldn't be able to fight off a wolf, even though he had relatively sharp talons. They weren't too sharp; they had been mostly filed down so he wouldn't be able to cut into anyone and escape whenever he was dragged out of his cage.

"Yeah, but, um, I'm better at running away than fighting," he replied, sounding a little nervous. He stayed on the ground for a few more seconds to hear the figure speak again, asking him a question. He looked up at him for another moment before pushing himself up, stretching a little. He was tired of being cramped up all the time. He heard his joints pop as he did, causing him to wince slightly. He ran a hand through his wavy hair, making sure it wasn't about to cover his eyes.

"Um... yeah! Yeah, I'm one of the experiments," he answered, feeling a little awkward. "I've only been here for about... wait, how long have I been here?" He glanced to the side thoughtfully. "I probably aged a little bit since then... can't really keep track of time here. That's kind of a shame, really. I couldn't even keep count when I first got here..." He snapped himself out of his rambling as soon as he realized that the other hybrid was still there. He shook his head and scolded himself, looking back at the other person in the room.

"Sorry about that," he apologized quickly. "I'm assuming you are an experiment here too? I mean, I don't mean that offensively. I-If you do take offense to that, I mean." His face was reddening further, with him taking a small step back. "Sorry," he added hurriedly. "I'm kind of a wreck."
Oliver squinted a little to focus his vision on the source of the voice. The mostly humanoid shape was standing up now, talking again. His face reddened a little as he explained how much better Oliver would be in combat. He knew that wouldn't be true; he wasn't a fighter. He didn't like to fight, coming off as rather passive most of the time. He probably wouldn't be able to fight off a wolf, even though he had relatively sharp talons. They weren't too sharp; they had been mostly filed down so he wouldn't be able to cut into anyone and escape whenever he was dragged out of his cage.

"Yeah, but, um, I'm better at running away than fighting," he replied, sounding a little nervous. He stayed on the ground for a few more seconds to hear the figure speak again, asking him a question. He looked up at him for another moment before pushing himself up, stretching a little. He was tired of being cramped up all the time. He heard his joints pop as he did, causing him to wince slightly. He ran a hand through his wavy hair, making sure it wasn't about to cover his eyes.

"Um... yeah! Yeah, I'm one of the experiments," he answered, feeling a little awkward. "I've only been here for about... wait, how long have I been here?" He glanced to the side thoughtfully. "I probably aged a little bit since then... can't really keep track of time here. That's kind of a shame, really. I couldn't even keep count when I first got here..." He snapped himself out of his rambling as soon as he realized that the other hybrid was still there. He shook his head and scolded himself, looking back at the other person in the room.

"Sorry about that," he apologized quickly. "I'm assuming you are an experiment here too? I mean, I don't mean that offensively. I-If you do take offense to that, I mean." His face was reddening further, with him taking a small step back. "Sorry," he added hurriedly. "I'm kind of a wreck."
xk7ymDQ.png
Kodi couldn't stop himself from chuckling slightly as he listened. "Yes I'm an experiment, it's not offensive, and we can find our records if any are left to know how long we've been here." As his spoke his tail began to wag very slowly.

Stepping forward he smiled faintly, "I'm Kodi by the way. You'd be?" Waiting on an answer he looked around the hall a moment, beginning to wonder what had happened and even whining a bit when the lights flickered suddenly.
Kodi couldn't stop himself from chuckling slightly as he listened. "Yes I'm an experiment, it's not offensive, and we can find our records if any are left to know how long we've been here." As his spoke his tail began to wag very slowly.

Stepping forward he smiled faintly, "I'm Kodi by the way. You'd be?" Waiting on an answer he looked around the hall a moment, beginning to wonder what had happened and even whining a bit when the lights flickered suddenly.
I Support
Oliver sighed in relief, relaxing his posture. That sounded like a good idea, actually; finding their records to figure out how long they had been there for. That would certainly be helpful to know, especially since they were most likely going to be escaping this little joint. They would need to know how long it has been so they would be better prepared for the outside world, just in case it went through a drastic change. On a completely random note, he was glad to make someone laugh, even if it was because of his rambling.

"It's not?" he replied, almost innocently. He sometimes wished he wasn't this soft, but he couldn't help himself. He chuckled a little, his wings loosening behind him. "Probably not coming from me. Might be from someone else, though." He paused for a moment, taking the name into consideration, as well as the smile. He liked seeing people smile, and it made him smile as well. He looked towards the flickering lights for a moment, wishing it could've just stayed on. He had jumped just a little, but other than that, he wasn't too freaked out by them. He had a feeling he should've been.

"Kodi is a wonderful name," he complimented, taking a few steps forward. "I'd be Oliver! Or you can just call me Ollie. Either one's fine by me. Your idea sounds wonderful, by the way. We can look for potential records, maybe even see if there's anyone else like us? Well, not exactly like us, I mean, the experiment part of... us... that 'like us'. Not the appearance, like us."

He nearly face-palmed at his awkward rambling. "Basically other experiments," he clarified quickly, mentally apologizing to any other surviving experiments who weren't in front of him for calling them experiments. "Might not be anymore left, but we can always give it a shot, yeah?"
Oliver sighed in relief, relaxing his posture. That sounded like a good idea, actually; finding their records to figure out how long they had been there for. That would certainly be helpful to know, especially since they were most likely going to be escaping this little joint. They would need to know how long it has been so they would be better prepared for the outside world, just in case it went through a drastic change. On a completely random note, he was glad to make someone laugh, even if it was because of his rambling.

"It's not?" he replied, almost innocently. He sometimes wished he wasn't this soft, but he couldn't help himself. He chuckled a little, his wings loosening behind him. "Probably not coming from me. Might be from someone else, though." He paused for a moment, taking the name into consideration, as well as the smile. He liked seeing people smile, and it made him smile as well. He looked towards the flickering lights for a moment, wishing it could've just stayed on. He had jumped just a little, but other than that, he wasn't too freaked out by them. He had a feeling he should've been.

"Kodi is a wonderful name," he complimented, taking a few steps forward. "I'd be Oliver! Or you can just call me Ollie. Either one's fine by me. Your idea sounds wonderful, by the way. We can look for potential records, maybe even see if there's anyone else like us? Well, not exactly like us, I mean, the experiment part of... us... that 'like us'. Not the appearance, like us."

He nearly face-palmed at his awkward rambling. "Basically other experiments," he clarified quickly, mentally apologizing to any other surviving experiments who weren't in front of him for calling them experiments. "Might not be anymore left, but we can always give it a shot, yeah?"
xk7ymDQ.png
He smiled at the boys awkward rambling, raising an eyebrow slightly as he watched him. "Well by scent, no one else is nearby, so if others are hear they were kept somewhere else. Apart from my own, and your scent only humans have been here." His smile faded a bit as he said humans. Considering he'd been one, he had accepted long ago he no longer was one, yet it seemed so odd to considering himself different from them.

Shaking the thoughts away he looked up at Oliver, "By the way, your rambling is pretty cute." Grinning he turned to start walking, no idea where to go, but following the faint scent he recognized most from one of the scientists that he'd been around a lot during his initial experiments. She'd always smelled of roses and vanilla, yep his senses would often get overwhelmed and she had to stop coming near him once he had a dog's strength of scents.
He smiled at the boys awkward rambling, raising an eyebrow slightly as he watched him. "Well by scent, no one else is nearby, so if others are hear they were kept somewhere else. Apart from my own, and your scent only humans have been here." His smile faded a bit as he said humans. Considering he'd been one, he had accepted long ago he no longer was one, yet it seemed so odd to considering himself different from them.

Shaking the thoughts away he looked up at Oliver, "By the way, your rambling is pretty cute." Grinning he turned to start walking, no idea where to go, but following the faint scent he recognized most from one of the scientists that he'd been around a lot during his initial experiments. She'd always smelled of roses and vanilla, yep his senses would often get overwhelmed and she had to stop coming near him once he had a dog's strength of scents.
I Support
Oliver took notice of Kodi smiling after his awkward rambling. He wasn't being made fun of yet, and he was hoping to keep it that way. After listening to him, he began thinking about the humans. He had been a human himself, for most of his life in fact. He still hadn't fully accepted that he was now something else. In his mind, he was still just as human as the rest of them, unless being human meant experimenting on other members of the species. He didn't quite understand why he was experimented on. What purpose was it supposed to serve. Was it to strengthen the military, or maybe just quelling the curiosity of these scientists? He wanted to know, and he would know someday.

He snapped out of his thoughts in time to hear Kodi comment on his rambling, feeling his cheeks heat up a little as they reddened slightly. A small smile appeared on his face. "...I'm glad you think so," he commented quietly, trailing after him. "To be honest, that's the first time anyone's called my rambling cute. A relief, actually. Everyone else usually either ignores it or tells me to shut up." He paused for a moment after finishing, ultimately remaining silent. He had to direct his focus on something else before he lamented too much.

He wondered where Kodi was leading them both to. Oliver himself wasn't the one with an enhanced sense of smell, rather, his sight was more advanced than everything else. He was sure that wherever they were going, they would most likely find what they were looking for.
Oliver took notice of Kodi smiling after his awkward rambling. He wasn't being made fun of yet, and he was hoping to keep it that way. After listening to him, he began thinking about the humans. He had been a human himself, for most of his life in fact. He still hadn't fully accepted that he was now something else. In his mind, he was still just as human as the rest of them, unless being human meant experimenting on other members of the species. He didn't quite understand why he was experimented on. What purpose was it supposed to serve. Was it to strengthen the military, or maybe just quelling the curiosity of these scientists? He wanted to know, and he would know someday.

He snapped out of his thoughts in time to hear Kodi comment on his rambling, feeling his cheeks heat up a little as they reddened slightly. A small smile appeared on his face. "...I'm glad you think so," he commented quietly, trailing after him. "To be honest, that's the first time anyone's called my rambling cute. A relief, actually. Everyone else usually either ignores it or tells me to shut up." He paused for a moment after finishing, ultimately remaining silent. He had to direct his focus on something else before he lamented too much.

He wondered where Kodi was leading them both to. Oliver himself wasn't the one with an enhanced sense of smell, rather, his sight was more advanced than everything else. He was sure that wherever they were going, they would most likely find what they were looking for.
xk7ymDQ.png
He sighed softly and looked up, a half smile on his face. "Well, would you prefer I act like them?" He was only teasing, but curious if it'd be preferred he silent. Turning away as he awaited an answer he fooled the familiar scent to a room filled with files.

It was In disarray. Papers everywhere. Cables from machines here and there. All the drawers from the filing cabinets were open. Kodi sighed softly and moved to begin sifting through things in hopes their files may be here somewhere.
He sighed softly and looked up, a half smile on his face. "Well, would you prefer I act like them?" He was only teasing, but curious if it'd be preferred he silent. Turning away as he awaited an answer he fooled the familiar scent to a room filled with files.

It was In disarray. Papers everywhere. Cables from machines here and there. All the drawers from the filing cabinets were open. Kodi sighed softly and moved to begin sifting through things in hopes their files may be here somewhere.
I Support
Oliver continued to follow Kodi, shaking his head when he appeared to be teasing him. He didn't take this personally; in fact, it was much better than awkward silence. "N-No! You're perfectly fine, I'd actually prefer the opposite... i-if that's okay with you, of course," he stammered out, swallowing afterwards. "Y-Yeah, the opposite," he added, a bit awkwardly at that, rubbing the back of his neck for a moment before they finally entered another room.

He took everything in, standing there for longer than he should've. His eyes flicked from each pile of paper to the cables from machines scattered about. He blinked, unsure of where to start. He watched as Kodi began sifting through the mess for the files they were looking for. Oliver couldn't just stand there and watch; he had to help as well. "D**n, what happened here?" he asked out loud, immediately covering his mouth as soon as those words left him. He glanced at Kodi apologetically.

"Sorry," he apologized quickly, picking up a random pile of papers and starting to sift through them. "My swearing wasn't really necessary... I don't think I've ever sworn before, actually. I feel like an actual adult now! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, though. I remember when one of the kids in my fourth grade class swore out loud, and I mean like, really loud. I can't remember which word it was, but the teacher did make him pull a slip. That was the equivalent to getting a detention, except it was called pulling a slip... those slips were pulled very often, actually. I'm surprised I wasn't pulled out of that..."

He trailed off for a moment. "Wow, I rambled again, didn't I?" he asked out loud, chuckling softly. While he was chuckling, he let out a bird-like chirping sound. He immediately caught himself, blushing with embarrassment. "I-I need to get that under control," he said quickly, immediately starting to sift through another pile of papers.
Oliver continued to follow Kodi, shaking his head when he appeared to be teasing him. He didn't take this personally; in fact, it was much better than awkward silence. "N-No! You're perfectly fine, I'd actually prefer the opposite... i-if that's okay with you, of course," he stammered out, swallowing afterwards. "Y-Yeah, the opposite," he added, a bit awkwardly at that, rubbing the back of his neck for a moment before they finally entered another room.

He took everything in, standing there for longer than he should've. His eyes flicked from each pile of paper to the cables from machines scattered about. He blinked, unsure of where to start. He watched as Kodi began sifting through the mess for the files they were looking for. Oliver couldn't just stand there and watch; he had to help as well. "D**n, what happened here?" he asked out loud, immediately covering his mouth as soon as those words left him. He glanced at Kodi apologetically.

"Sorry," he apologized quickly, picking up a random pile of papers and starting to sift through them. "My swearing wasn't really necessary... I don't think I've ever sworn before, actually. I feel like an actual adult now! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, though. I remember when one of the kids in my fourth grade class swore out loud, and I mean like, really loud. I can't remember which word it was, but the teacher did make him pull a slip. That was the equivalent to getting a detention, except it was called pulling a slip... those slips were pulled very often, actually. I'm surprised I wasn't pulled out of that..."

He trailed off for a moment. "Wow, I rambled again, didn't I?" he asked out loud, chuckling softly. While he was chuckling, he let out a bird-like chirping sound. He immediately caught himself, blushing with embarrassment. "I-I need to get that under control," he said quickly, immediately starting to sift through another pile of papers.
xk7ymDQ.png
Kodi looked up at the exclamation and smiled a bit at him, chuckling slightly. "Well then, welcome to Adulthood Ollie." He smiled at the explanation but said nothing and went back to sifting through paper, "Besides I like your rambling, it's cute. So don't worry about it."

After a few minutes he found a few papers that were numbered and had information about him. He had 3,4,7,8,9,10 out of 10 pages and set them aside by the door before looking for the others.
Kodi looked up at the exclamation and smiled a bit at him, chuckling slightly. "Well then, welcome to Adulthood Ollie." He smiled at the explanation but said nothing and went back to sifting through paper, "Besides I like your rambling, it's cute. So don't worry about it."

After a few minutes he found a few papers that were numbered and had information about him. He had 3,4,7,8,9,10 out of 10 pages and set them aside by the door before looking for the others.
I Support
Oliver smiled at the response, finding a paper on him at the same time. His smile brightened, satisfaction flooding his senses. Heck yeah, we're getting somewhere now! he thought, grinning and setting the sheet next to the door, close to where Kodi's papers were. He paused for a moment, hiding his blush when Kodi once again complimented his rambling. "Thanks," he replied, rather sweetly at that. He took a closer look at the sheet of paper for a moment, and it was then that he noticed the page number. When he saw the number 10 there, he glanced around the room a bit nervously, groaning internally.

"Just so happened to find page ten," he commented aloud, sifting through more scattered papers. "Not even number one, just ten! I wonder if there's more than ten... that'd be interesting, hell, I didn't even know I had that much going for me to be worthy of putting down on paper. Unless they just copy and pasted stuff about birds on a few of them."

After a few more minutes of searching, he managed to find more pages about him. "Alright, I got page one, three, four, six, seven, and nine," he counted out loud, moving over to the door and stacking them neatly atop the page he found earlier. "Now I just have to find two, five and eight," he added, turning around and shaking his head. He held in a huff of amusement before speaking. "I'm wondering how I haven't even torn a single sheet of paper yet... these talons weren't made to handle things gently, at least, I'm pretty sure they weren't."
Oliver smiled at the response, finding a paper on him at the same time. His smile brightened, satisfaction flooding his senses. Heck yeah, we're getting somewhere now! he thought, grinning and setting the sheet next to the door, close to where Kodi's papers were. He paused for a moment, hiding his blush when Kodi once again complimented his rambling. "Thanks," he replied, rather sweetly at that. He took a closer look at the sheet of paper for a moment, and it was then that he noticed the page number. When he saw the number 10 there, he glanced around the room a bit nervously, groaning internally.

"Just so happened to find page ten," he commented aloud, sifting through more scattered papers. "Not even number one, just ten! I wonder if there's more than ten... that'd be interesting, hell, I didn't even know I had that much going for me to be worthy of putting down on paper. Unless they just copy and pasted stuff about birds on a few of them."

After a few more minutes of searching, he managed to find more pages about him. "Alright, I got page one, three, four, six, seven, and nine," he counted out loud, moving over to the door and stacking them neatly atop the page he found earlier. "Now I just have to find two, five and eight," he added, turning around and shaking his head. He held in a huff of amusement before speaking. "I'm wondering how I haven't even torn a single sheet of paper yet... these talons weren't made to handle things gently, at least, I'm pretty sure they weren't."
xk7ymDQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15