Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Outcasts (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
A long time ago, a variety of mythical creatures roamed the earth. They possessed the unique ability to control and manipulate a form of energy called magic. Now as humans are, they misunderstood these poor creatures, labeling them as "demons" and "monsters". They where rare to begin with, so to preserve their numbers they went into hiding and are rarely seen. rarely, a human child will be born with the ability to control the same magic, slowly turning into these so called "monsters". The ability usually isn't very apparent until the child is in their teens, usually between the ages of 15-18, when they start to develop more animal-like characteristics as the magic physically changes them. It is believed that these childeren are somehow related to the mythical beasts, explaining the changes. How they are connected remains unknown, but the changes to their bodies are undeniable. These changes can include; growing feathers, fur or scales, developing wings, sudden increase in vision, strength and stamina, along with accidental manipulation of magic and many other strange things. The change is slow and gradual, taking up to three years to complete. Some become comepletely animal-like in appearance, while others remain mostly human. These beings are niether human nor animal after the change is comeplete. Most people call them witches (regardless of gender) others refer to them as "halflings" or more offensively, "yokia". Out of fear, most are burned at the stake or sent to a lab to be studied and then disposed of. Those lucky enough to look human must guard their secret very carefully. Unfortunately, those with no knowlage of how to control their powers are bound to accidently use them, leading to an unfortunate fate.

@MagicalAurora
A long time ago, a variety of mythical creatures roamed the earth. They possessed the unique ability to control and manipulate a form of energy called magic. Now as humans are, they misunderstood these poor creatures, labeling them as "demons" and "monsters". They where rare to begin with, so to preserve their numbers they went into hiding and are rarely seen. rarely, a human child will be born with the ability to control the same magic, slowly turning into these so called "monsters". The ability usually isn't very apparent until the child is in their teens, usually between the ages of 15-18, when they start to develop more animal-like characteristics as the magic physically changes them. It is believed that these childeren are somehow related to the mythical beasts, explaining the changes. How they are connected remains unknown, but the changes to their bodies are undeniable. These changes can include; growing feathers, fur or scales, developing wings, sudden increase in vision, strength and stamina, along with accidental manipulation of magic and many other strange things. The change is slow and gradual, taking up to three years to complete. Some become comepletely animal-like in appearance, while others remain mostly human. These beings are niether human nor animal after the change is comeplete. Most people call them witches (regardless of gender) others refer to them as "halflings" or more offensively, "yokia". Out of fear, most are burned at the stake or sent to a lab to be studied and then disposed of. Those lucky enough to look human must guard their secret very carefully. Unfortunately, those with no knowlage of how to control their powers are bound to accidently use them, leading to an unfortunate fate.

@MagicalAurora
XwzJAeR.png
Serena ran as fast as she could through the dark, rainy, forest, her heart pounding in her chest. She stumbled and almost fell as an poisonous arrow flew past her face, only narrowly missing its target. Looking behind her, she could see the guards chasing after her, weapons drawn and yelling cuss words as they struggled to catch up. Her cape fluttered in the wind as she continued to run faster than humanly possible. She clutched her stolen goods to her chest. She knew what she did was stupid. If she was captured, going hungry would be the least of her worries.

Just when she thought she had lost the guards, an arrow grazed her arm, cutting through the bandages she wore. She cursed under her breath as the pain from the poison spread up her arm. It would take more than that to kill her, but she knew from experience that her arm would hurt for days. Still not slowing down, Serena tripped over a tree root and landed face first in the mud. She quickly came to her senses and got up, but only to find that one of the guards had caught up. "Hand over the goods and i might let you live." He said with a slight smirk.

Serena knew that if she was captured, all would be lost. She would be killed as soon as they realized what she was. Her death would not be pretty either. Without a word, she drew her dagger in preparation for a fight. The blade glowed softly with a mysterious power. The guard drew his gun, and with a loud bang that could be heard throughout the forest, shot a bullet that struck the tree behind her. "You are a stubborn one. The next one will hit you if you don't give it up." The guard said, pointing the gun directly at Serena's head... What have i gotten myself into?
Serena ran as fast as she could through the dark, rainy, forest, her heart pounding in her chest. She stumbled and almost fell as an poisonous arrow flew past her face, only narrowly missing its target. Looking behind her, she could see the guards chasing after her, weapons drawn and yelling cuss words as they struggled to catch up. Her cape fluttered in the wind as she continued to run faster than humanly possible. She clutched her stolen goods to her chest. She knew what she did was stupid. If she was captured, going hungry would be the least of her worries.

Just when she thought she had lost the guards, an arrow grazed her arm, cutting through the bandages she wore. She cursed under her breath as the pain from the poison spread up her arm. It would take more than that to kill her, but she knew from experience that her arm would hurt for days. Still not slowing down, Serena tripped over a tree root and landed face first in the mud. She quickly came to her senses and got up, but only to find that one of the guards had caught up. "Hand over the goods and i might let you live." He said with a slight smirk.

Serena knew that if she was captured, all would be lost. She would be killed as soon as they realized what she was. Her death would not be pretty either. Without a word, she drew her dagger in preparation for a fight. The blade glowed softly with a mysterious power. The guard drew his gun, and with a loud bang that could be heard throughout the forest, shot a bullet that struck the tree behind her. "You are a stubborn one. The next one will hit you if you don't give it up." The guard said, pointing the gun directly at Serena's head... What have i gotten myself into?
XwzJAeR.png
Loa, hidden in the trees heard a loud bang echo through the forest. "Selene! did you hear that? are you okay?I think I heard a gunshot!" She hollered to her only friend. Selene had found her hiding in the forest a.... a month ago now? maybe more?
"Loa! Are you alright?!" Selene yelled back as ran back to the tree houses through the rain.
"I'm fine how about you? i heard a gunshot!" Loa asks as Selene walks up to her tree
"I'm fine....... i wonder where the shot came from?" Selene said.
Suddenly in the small clearing the two could barely make out a guard struggle with someone on the ground.
"We have to help." Loa said "you always want to help the helpless" Selene responded "They could be in trouble! I'm going to help them with or without your help!" Loa then jumped from her perch in the tree and ran toward the struggle
"she always does this and it almost never works" Selene mutters to herself before charging off after her friend.......

(speaking lines are bolded and colored and that's where im ending it for now i swear ive been typing since i got home from school)
Loa, hidden in the trees heard a loud bang echo through the forest. "Selene! did you hear that? are you okay?I think I heard a gunshot!" She hollered to her only friend. Selene had found her hiding in the forest a.... a month ago now? maybe more?
"Loa! Are you alright?!" Selene yelled back as ran back to the tree houses through the rain.
"I'm fine how about you? i heard a gunshot!" Loa asks as Selene walks up to her tree
"I'm fine....... i wonder where the shot came from?" Selene said.
Suddenly in the small clearing the two could barely make out a guard struggle with someone on the ground.
"We have to help." Loa said "you always want to help the helpless" Selene responded "They could be in trouble! I'm going to help them with or without your help!" Loa then jumped from her perch in the tree and ran toward the struggle
"she always does this and it almost never works" Selene mutters to herself before charging off after her friend.......

(speaking lines are bolded and colored and that's where im ending it for now i swear ive been typing since i got home from school)
hCYhrOG.png
Serena looked up the barrel of the gun and then at the man's face. She knew she was doomed, but she wasn't going to go out without a fight. Her powers greatly weakened without her faith, she didn't know what she was capable of, but it wouldn't stop her from trying. Her dagger glowed even brighter, a small flame danced around the blade. She aimed her dagger at the guard. There was a bright flash of white light, and then nothing. She wasn't strong enough anymore for it to work. The man was blinded, he cursed and covered his eyes. "Just what are you?" He asked. Serena stepped back, but the trees got in her way. The man drew his gun once again before she could run away...
Serena looked up the barrel of the gun and then at the man's face. She knew she was doomed, but she wasn't going to go out without a fight. Her powers greatly weakened without her faith, she didn't know what she was capable of, but it wouldn't stop her from trying. Her dagger glowed even brighter, a small flame danced around the blade. She aimed her dagger at the guard. There was a bright flash of white light, and then nothing. She wasn't strong enough anymore for it to work. The man was blinded, he cursed and covered his eyes. "Just what are you?" He asked. Serena stepped back, but the trees got in her way. The man drew his gun once again before she could run away...
XwzJAeR.png
Selene cringed and was momentarily blinded by the flash of light "Gahhhh!!!!"
Loa was also momentarily blinded by the flash but it quickly wore off. "whoa thats not something I've ever seen before what kind of magic do you have?"Loa mutters quietly. "Well time to show mine....haha" Suddenly Loa's hands begin to glow however not like Serena's trick with the flash of light, for Loa had created fire in her hands. Holding the small crackling flame she pointed her hands toward the guard and let fire fly from her hands...
Selene cringed and was momentarily blinded by the flash of light "Gahhhh!!!!"
Loa was also momentarily blinded by the flash but it quickly wore off. "whoa thats not something I've ever seen before what kind of magic do you have?"Loa mutters quietly. "Well time to show mine....haha" Suddenly Loa's hands begin to glow however not like Serena's trick with the flash of light, for Loa had created fire in her hands. Holding the small crackling flame she pointed her hands toward the guard and let fire fly from her hands...
hCYhrOG.png
Serena watched as the guard fell to the ground, his outfit on fire. In shock, she looked up to see two people staring at her in the trees. Not wanting to risk the guard getting back up, she ran straight ahead, past the person who had just saved her. "There are more coming!" She yelled.
Serena watched as the guard fell to the ground, his outfit on fire. In shock, she looked up to see two people staring at her in the trees. Not wanting to risk the guard getting back up, she ran straight ahead, past the person who had just saved her. "There are more coming!" She yelled.
XwzJAeR.png
Loa looks around after the girl ran and said "what just happened? what did she do to get the guards to chase her?"
"I'm not sure... haven't you said that the cities are full of strict rules?"
"yes there are many rules in the cities.... maybe she broke more than one of them... I see the guards we should hide."
"Look she went into the trees!!!" The fastest of the guards yelled back to the main group of guards......
Loa looks around after the girl ran and said "what just happened? what did she do to get the guards to chase her?"
"I'm not sure... haven't you said that the cities are full of strict rules?"
"yes there are many rules in the cities.... maybe she broke more than one of them... I see the guards we should hide."
"Look she went into the trees!!!" The fastest of the guards yelled back to the main group of guards......
hCYhrOG.png
A group of at least ten guards was now wildly searching the forest for the girl, causing all sorts of destruction to the plants that dared grow in their path. "Hey, is that a house over there? That must where that one-eyed girl lives! Search the area!" The leader of the guards said. The men ran to the house, and began climbing the ladder that led to the small building with ease, unaware that they where being watched...

Serena was now some ways ahead of the angry men. Deciding to take a bit of risk, she spread her large white wings and quietly flew to the top of a particularly large tree. She pressed her body against the trunk and hid her wings in hopes of being less visible. She knew if she tried to fly out of the forest she would surely be seen, and that would cause her even more trouble. These guards where well trained in taking down flying beasts, as wyverns lived in the area and ocassionally attack this particular village. She saw no option but to wait as she was too tired to run much further.
A group of at least ten guards was now wildly searching the forest for the girl, causing all sorts of destruction to the plants that dared grow in their path. "Hey, is that a house over there? That must where that one-eyed girl lives! Search the area!" The leader of the guards said. The men ran to the house, and began climbing the ladder that led to the small building with ease, unaware that they where being watched...

Serena was now some ways ahead of the angry men. Deciding to take a bit of risk, she spread her large white wings and quietly flew to the top of a particularly large tree. She pressed her body against the trunk and hid her wings in hopes of being less visible. She knew if she tried to fly out of the forest she would surely be seen, and that would cause her even more trouble. These guards where well trained in taking down flying beasts, as wyverns lived in the area and ocassionally attack this particular village. She saw no option but to wait as she was too tired to run much further.
XwzJAeR.png
"Loa they're at the tree house!"
"I see that I'll go after them, they cannot be allowed to leave our forest."...
"Ok you get the guards I'll find that strange girl"
"That sound good now lets go"
Those guards will NOT be leaving our forest alive today! Loa thinks to herself. Loa quietly snuck into the house, wanting to do this as quick as possible. She didn't like killing, but she knew what had to be done. This was for the saftey of not only herself, but for the other magical beings in the area as well. She gathered the energy she needed for the spell, and within minutes the guards where no more...
Meanwhile, Selene ran in the direction she saw the girl go, knowing that she couldn't be too far. She silently creeped in the shadows, searching everywhere. She almost missed it, but there in the trees was a slight movement. How did she get up there? She thought
."You know most people don't venture this deep into the forest..." she said to the girl sitting in the tree
"Loa they're at the tree house!"
"I see that I'll go after them, they cannot be allowed to leave our forest."...
"Ok you get the guards I'll find that strange girl"
"That sound good now lets go"
Those guards will NOT be leaving our forest alive today! Loa thinks to herself. Loa quietly snuck into the house, wanting to do this as quick as possible. She didn't like killing, but she knew what had to be done. This was for the saftey of not only herself, but for the other magical beings in the area as well. She gathered the energy she needed for the spell, and within minutes the guards where no more...
Meanwhile, Selene ran in the direction she saw the girl go, knowing that she couldn't be too far. She silently creeped in the shadows, searching everywhere. She almost missed it, but there in the trees was a slight movement. How did she get up there? She thought
."You know most people don't venture this deep into the forest..." she said to the girl sitting in the tree
hCYhrOG.png
Serena jumped in shock at the voice and almost fell out of the tree. She saw a very pale girl staring at her from down below. She could sense some sort of darkness around her, but could not decide if she had bad intentions or not. "Step back being of the shadows! I am a creature of light! You cannot harm me!" She almost yelled, trying to be intimidating, but probably failing due to her fear. She had no idea if she could actually win if it came to a fight. why did i just say that? I probably just doomed myself... she thought. She drew her dagger once more and made it glow with her magic.
Serena jumped in shock at the voice and almost fell out of the tree. She saw a very pale girl staring at her from down below. She could sense some sort of darkness around her, but could not decide if she had bad intentions or not. "Step back being of the shadows! I am a creature of light! You cannot harm me!" She almost yelled, trying to be intimidating, but probably failing due to her fear. She had no idea if she could actually win if it came to a fight. why did i just say that? I probably just doomed myself... she thought. She drew her dagger once more and made it glow with her magic.
XwzJAeR.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13