Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Undying Light (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125 126
He reeled a bit at the Kelpie's response. He would be lying if he said there wasn't at least a small twinge of fear, but hearing Morvyn's wish to keep it secret made Mars soften a bit and relax. He even pitied him a little bit, after all it wasn't his fault he was born to be a creature of the sort.
"Don't you worry your pretty little head, your secret is safe with me," He placed a friendly hand on his shoulder (arm? he was a bit too short for him to touch about half of the party's shoulder) and offered a reassuring smile. "You might make the rest of them uneasy but not I."

((Okay they're a teensy bit cute, Morvyn is such a cool dude. Also sorry if i assumed his height, how tall exactly is he?))
He reeled a bit at the Kelpie's response. He would be lying if he said there wasn't at least a small twinge of fear, but hearing Morvyn's wish to keep it secret made Mars soften a bit and relax. He even pitied him a little bit, after all it wasn't his fault he was born to be a creature of the sort.
"Don't you worry your pretty little head, your secret is safe with me," He placed a friendly hand on his shoulder (arm? he was a bit too short for him to touch about half of the party's shoulder) and offered a reassuring smile. "You might make the rest of them uneasy but not I."

((Okay they're a teensy bit cute, Morvyn is such a cool dude. Also sorry if i assumed his height, how tall exactly is he?))
lz3QpJg.png y7VJm8j.pngIDczxGV.png
[ hhhh lol, they are a bit cute.
th a n k s :C ive had him just laying around for no use so im glad I can finally use him - and i havent put exact height on him, but he's pretty freaking tall - probs around 6ft ]

He was a bit surprised; the last person who knew what a Kelpie was had taken one look at him, threw what he supposed was holy water at him, and fled in terror.
... it was a bit comical, if he was honest, but it had hurt. He just wanted a companion.
Eyeing the priest for a moment as if he thought the other had some kind of ulterior motive, he slowly relaxed, finding none.
"I... well, thank yeu. I'm sure if your bird friend knew, she'd have meh killed on tha spot withou' explanation."

Yeah, he'd have to be careful around Innari.

But he appreciated Mars both agreeing to keep it secret, but being totally ok with his whole species thing.
[ hhhh lol, they are a bit cute.
th a n k s :C ive had him just laying around for no use so im glad I can finally use him - and i havent put exact height on him, but he's pretty freaking tall - probs around 6ft ]

He was a bit surprised; the last person who knew what a Kelpie was had taken one look at him, threw what he supposed was holy water at him, and fled in terror.
... it was a bit comical, if he was honest, but it had hurt. He just wanted a companion.
Eyeing the priest for a moment as if he thought the other had some kind of ulterior motive, he slowly relaxed, finding none.
"I... well, thank yeu. I'm sure if your bird friend knew, she'd have meh killed on tha spot withou' explanation."

Yeah, he'd have to be careful around Innari.

But he appreciated Mars both agreeing to keep it secret, but being totally ok with his whole species thing.
Hatchery
Art Shop
Lineage Hatchery
xxxxxx69100521.png
88337018.png
((Dang he's really tall. I underestimated his height in that case lol, Mars is like a tiny baby in comparison to him. Perhaps we can see if it works out later on and they become a thing? Just a small suggestion : > ))

"Oh I don't know, Maybe she'll surprise you? Not everyone will go on a witch hunt for you. It'll just take awhile for everyone to get familiar." Mars removed his far too long lingering hand from Morvyn. It almost borderlined on awkward. He alternated to crossing his arms, and twirling his cold and neglected cigarette between his fingers.
He took a moment to glance back towards the group, everyone seemingly paired or grouped off and talking. He appreciated the company he had, otherwise he'd still be alone staring off into the forest left with his own thoughts.
((Dang he's really tall. I underestimated his height in that case lol, Mars is like a tiny baby in comparison to him. Perhaps we can see if it works out later on and they become a thing? Just a small suggestion : > ))

"Oh I don't know, Maybe she'll surprise you? Not everyone will go on a witch hunt for you. It'll just take awhile for everyone to get familiar." Mars removed his far too long lingering hand from Morvyn. It almost borderlined on awkward. He alternated to crossing his arms, and twirling his cold and neglected cigarette between his fingers.
He took a moment to glance back towards the group, everyone seemingly paired or grouped off and talking. He appreciated the company he had, otherwise he'd still be alone staring off into the forest left with his own thoughts.
[ pfff - thats still cute tho lol.
And oooh, I don't mind at all if that happens! ^^ I'd be happy, if it works out later, for them to be a thing ]

He hadn't really noticed the lingering touch, more focused on thinking about the situation at hand. He gazed at Mars again, another soft smile gracing his features. "We'll have to see... but than' ye. I appreciate having at least one form of friend."
He pat the Priest's shoulder with his hand before crossing his arms in a thoughtful position.
"How'd yeu come to be in this group?"
[ pfff - thats still cute tho lol.
And oooh, I don't mind at all if that happens! ^^ I'd be happy, if it works out later, for them to be a thing ]

He hadn't really noticed the lingering touch, more focused on thinking about the situation at hand. He gazed at Mars again, another soft smile gracing his features. "We'll have to see... but than' ye. I appreciate having at least one form of friend."
He pat the Priest's shoulder with his hand before crossing his arms in a thoughtful position.
"How'd yeu come to be in this group?"
Hatchery
Art Shop
Lineage Hatchery
xxxxxx69100521.png
88337018.png
((Leaving off with this last one for tonight btw. But anyways awesome! I look forward to seeing what happens :) ))

The tiefling was glad Morvyn didn’t seem to notice the awkward gesture, it put his mind at rest.
“Well, I was actually on my way to the other side of the kingdom when I ran into this bunch. I work with a rather prominent Cathedral in devotion to Aurora, and was sent to renew the people’s faith with some preaching. But I ran into them halfway, and decided it would be a change? Even if that change meant walking right into the most dangerous enemy we have at hand. It’s not like I have much to look forward to if this ends in sacrifice, after all I’m rather dispensable.” Mars stopped himself from getting a bit too self destructive, even if he did believe every word he was saying without a shadow of a doubt. He redirected his eyes to the ground, pushing leaves around with the toe of his shoe.
((Leaving off with this last one for tonight btw. But anyways awesome! I look forward to seeing what happens :) ))

The tiefling was glad Morvyn didn’t seem to notice the awkward gesture, it put his mind at rest.
“Well, I was actually on my way to the other side of the kingdom when I ran into this bunch. I work with a rather prominent Cathedral in devotion to Aurora, and was sent to renew the people’s faith with some preaching. But I ran into them halfway, and decided it would be a change? Even if that change meant walking right into the most dangerous enemy we have at hand. It’s not like I have much to look forward to if this ends in sacrifice, after all I’m rather dispensable.” Mars stopped himself from getting a bit too self destructive, even if he did believe every word he was saying without a shadow of a doubt. He redirected his eyes to the ground, pushing leaves around with the toe of his shoe.
((Sorry for the late response everyone! I've been baking recently and I have a lot of pies now... I also forgot how big I made him so hiding behind Yazunn in his fox form would have been pretty funny. Mostly because he's this big.))

Dimitri had followed near the end of the group as his grip was still slightly slower than the rest of them even though his foot was healed. Or appeared to be at least since he doubted that the female that had helped him could heal the muscles that lied under his skin. Still the kitsune kept pace with the others and mostly chose to stay near the blue haired male. He would on occasion peer up at the others before pausing and then looking down at his feet and the path before him again.

When they spoke of food his stomach rumbled loudly and he hid his face away with his paw as everyone began to separate into different groups for hunting, water and building a fire. He moved away from the rest of them to go hunting alone. With his white coat it was significantly harder to hunt and would be considered impossible if it wasn't for his powers. Soon he had eaten three rabbits, enough to quell his stomach and give him energy for his wound to heal before heading back in the direction of the others. The trees speaking warnings of fire and danger as he got closer to the others. He paused, the foot that had been lifted to take another step lowered itself to the floor once more as he stood at the edge of the tree line.

Everyone here... they looked happy. He tried to remember the last time he had felt that way and frowned when he realized that even with his grandparents he had never felt that. Only relief that he was no longer with his father, determination to make them proud, and fear that they would abandon him. They ended up doing the last one when they died. He shook his head to try and rid himself of those thoughts and almost smacked his muzzle into a tree trunk before he realized that nobody had anywhere to sleep for the night.

'Maybe I can do something helpful for once' he thought proudly as he walked at least forty feet around the clearing in every direction and spreading thorny brambles between different trees to create a spiky barrier around their camp. He smiled as they grew fast with his wishes and encouragements. When he reached the side of the stream? Lake? he paused, tails thumping lightly against the ground before he smiled and created lily pads to float across the surface and create a net with their roots to keep anyone from getting into camp from the river. He panted softly, exhaustion weighing lightly on his limbs but his dual colored eyes shone with a happy light as he examined his work with one more pass around the clearing. He nodded again before asking the trees to help guide him as he made himself a burrow to partially sleep in before using the excess dirt to create a sort of shelter ((except its made of earth and covered with plants instead)) made of loose dirt before he asked for more help from the plants and even from some foxes that were willing to help. The foxes helped to plant and cover the seeds to allow them a place to grow on the shelter before he deemed it ready to even think of showing the others.

Thanking the foxes he gave them the leftovers of his kills before making his way back to the clearing. It didn't appear like anyone had noticed his absence or the noise he had been making. A part of his chest hurt from that thought and he looked down to examine it by parting his fur with his paws and not finding anything. No thorns sticking in (or out) and nothing to cause the pained feeling. He ignored it as he looked around the group, inhaling the scent of cooked fish and smoke deeply before his eyes landed on a new addition to their group. He didn't appear dangerous if the others, Mars he believed, body language told him anything. Their leader, (had he even decided to join them?) was talking with the one who had helped to heal him.

The realization that he did nothing to thank them hit him hard in the gut and his Hoshi no Tama swirled around his neck at his uneasiness. He moved around again, thinking of something, anything that he could do for them, his still healing and numb foot dragging behind him slightly. He thought about the others water, what would they do if she needed some and there wasn't any nearby? The vines under his skin wiggled at the thought, some of them (the ones with thorns that is) caused him to let out a small gasp of pain before stepping back and reevaluating things. He could make them staffs for walking or something like that. His mind buzzed with possibilities but he shook them off as he remembered that he still needed to apologize to them (again).

He moved slowly around the edge of the camp until he was not quite behind them but not quite to the right of them either. It looked like they were talking though and whatever it was it looked personal so he made a detour to the other side of camp before silently lying down near the other teen that he had walked with sense he had joined the strange group. If memory served the other was called Yazunn, he offered the other a small smile as his nine tails slowly lowered to the ground.
((Sorry for the late response everyone! I've been baking recently and I have a lot of pies now... I also forgot how big I made him so hiding behind Yazunn in his fox form would have been pretty funny. Mostly because he's this big.))

Dimitri had followed near the end of the group as his grip was still slightly slower than the rest of them even though his foot was healed. Or appeared to be at least since he doubted that the female that had helped him could heal the muscles that lied under his skin. Still the kitsune kept pace with the others and mostly chose to stay near the blue haired male. He would on occasion peer up at the others before pausing and then looking down at his feet and the path before him again.

When they spoke of food his stomach rumbled loudly and he hid his face away with his paw as everyone began to separate into different groups for hunting, water and building a fire. He moved away from the rest of them to go hunting alone. With his white coat it was significantly harder to hunt and would be considered impossible if it wasn't for his powers. Soon he had eaten three rabbits, enough to quell his stomach and give him energy for his wound to heal before heading back in the direction of the others. The trees speaking warnings of fire and danger as he got closer to the others. He paused, the foot that had been lifted to take another step lowered itself to the floor once more as he stood at the edge of the tree line.

Everyone here... they looked happy. He tried to remember the last time he had felt that way and frowned when he realized that even with his grandparents he had never felt that. Only relief that he was no longer with his father, determination to make them proud, and fear that they would abandon him. They ended up doing the last one when they died. He shook his head to try and rid himself of those thoughts and almost smacked his muzzle into a tree trunk before he realized that nobody had anywhere to sleep for the night.

'Maybe I can do something helpful for once' he thought proudly as he walked at least forty feet around the clearing in every direction and spreading thorny brambles between different trees to create a spiky barrier around their camp. He smiled as they grew fast with his wishes and encouragements. When he reached the side of the stream? Lake? he paused, tails thumping lightly against the ground before he smiled and created lily pads to float across the surface and create a net with their roots to keep anyone from getting into camp from the river. He panted softly, exhaustion weighing lightly on his limbs but his dual colored eyes shone with a happy light as he examined his work with one more pass around the clearing. He nodded again before asking the trees to help guide him as he made himself a burrow to partially sleep in before using the excess dirt to create a sort of shelter ((except its made of earth and covered with plants instead)) made of loose dirt before he asked for more help from the plants and even from some foxes that were willing to help. The foxes helped to plant and cover the seeds to allow them a place to grow on the shelter before he deemed it ready to even think of showing the others.

Thanking the foxes he gave them the leftovers of his kills before making his way back to the clearing. It didn't appear like anyone had noticed his absence or the noise he had been making. A part of his chest hurt from that thought and he looked down to examine it by parting his fur with his paws and not finding anything. No thorns sticking in (or out) and nothing to cause the pained feeling. He ignored it as he looked around the group, inhaling the scent of cooked fish and smoke deeply before his eyes landed on a new addition to their group. He didn't appear dangerous if the others, Mars he believed, body language told him anything. Their leader, (had he even decided to join them?) was talking with the one who had helped to heal him.

The realization that he did nothing to thank them hit him hard in the gut and his Hoshi no Tama swirled around his neck at his uneasiness. He moved around again, thinking of something, anything that he could do for them, his still healing and numb foot dragging behind him slightly. He thought about the others water, what would they do if she needed some and there wasn't any nearby? The vines under his skin wiggled at the thought, some of them (the ones with thorns that is) caused him to let out a small gasp of pain before stepping back and reevaluating things. He could make them staffs for walking or something like that. His mind buzzed with possibilities but he shook them off as he remembered that he still needed to apologize to them (again).

He moved slowly around the edge of the camp until he was not quite behind them but not quite to the right of them either. It looked like they were talking though and whatever it was it looked personal so he made a detour to the other side of camp before silently lying down near the other teen that he had walked with sense he had joined the strange group. If memory served the other was called Yazunn, he offered the other a small smile as his nine tails slowly lowered to the ground.
oulcMpY.gif
[ ah, ok. And coolio!

@/FlamesEmbrace first off - i freaking love Princess Mononoke -

second - holy **** Dimitri is precious and needs attention ]

The Kelpie frowned to himself. From the two he's spoken to, and from what he could sense, many people in this group had some self issues. That wouldn't do very well, and it left a feeling of unease in the pit of his stomach. He was quiet for a few moments, nodding slightly to Mars' tale before he spoke.

"Interestin'. It is quite the group, eh?" He took another glance around before he ended up settling his hand on Mars' shoulder once more. This time, he left it as he conversed with the Priest.
"Hey. Yeu aren't dispensable; I may have only jus' joined yeu all, but I can already tell tha' this group needs all of yeu together." He gave a soft, almost fatherly smile.
"Don't put yeurself down. It may not seem like i', bu' I'm sure yeur a vital part of the group." He finally removed his hand in case that was starting to get awkward.

As he was speaking to Mars, his skin rippled with a sudden unease. A strange magic was about now, one that could bend the forests to it's will. Another member of the group he presumed; someone he should probably meet as well, but after he finished up here with the Priest. He didn't need to be leaving abruptly in all of his discussions with people to talk to someone else instead.
[ ah, ok. And coolio!

@/FlamesEmbrace first off - i freaking love Princess Mononoke -

second - holy **** Dimitri is precious and needs attention ]

The Kelpie frowned to himself. From the two he's spoken to, and from what he could sense, many people in this group had some self issues. That wouldn't do very well, and it left a feeling of unease in the pit of his stomach. He was quiet for a few moments, nodding slightly to Mars' tale before he spoke.

"Interestin'. It is quite the group, eh?" He took another glance around before he ended up settling his hand on Mars' shoulder once more. This time, he left it as he conversed with the Priest.
"Hey. Yeu aren't dispensable; I may have only jus' joined yeu all, but I can already tell tha' this group needs all of yeu together." He gave a soft, almost fatherly smile.
"Don't put yeurself down. It may not seem like i', bu' I'm sure yeur a vital part of the group." He finally removed his hand in case that was starting to get awkward.

As he was speaking to Mars, his skin rippled with a sudden unease. A strange magic was about now, one that could bend the forests to it's will. Another member of the group he presumed; someone he should probably meet as well, but after he finished up here with the Priest. He didn't need to be leaving abruptly in all of his discussions with people to talk to someone else instead.
Hatchery
Art Shop
Lineage Hatchery
xxxxxx69100521.png
88337018.png
Kyla watched the white fox with great interest; she'd never seen a kitsune, let alone a half-druid one. She'd heard countless stories about them from various business partners, so she'd gained an interest for the species. When he settled next to Yazunn, she walked over. "Hey," she said, careful not to be so loud. Kyla had observed that the kitsune was an anxious, timid creature, and didn't want to cause him any stress. After all, Kyla had her own fair share of anxiety and had an understanding of what it was like to always be so nervous. "Have you eaten yet? I didn't see you get any of the fish or venison we caught earlier."
Kyla watched the white fox with great interest; she'd never seen a kitsune, let alone a half-druid one. She'd heard countless stories about them from various business partners, so she'd gained an interest for the species. When he settled next to Yazunn, she walked over. "Hey," she said, careful not to be so loud. Kyla had observed that the kitsune was an anxious, timid creature, and didn't want to cause him any stress. After all, Kyla had her own fair share of anxiety and had an understanding of what it was like to always be so nervous. "Have you eaten yet? I didn't see you get any of the fish or venison we caught earlier."
HAdMW59.png vMytXAB.png 5qGWR9z.png
Like my signature? PM me if you want me to make yours
Innari tilted her sharp, golden eyes in the direction of the kitsune, showing some mild interest. "Where did you disappear to?" She asked, clacking her beak as she threw a few more extra sticks into the fire before her. Not that she needed to cook something; she just liked the warmth. She then realized that someone else had already started talking to him, however, and promptly shut her beak.
Innari tilted her sharp, golden eyes in the direction of the kitsune, showing some mild interest. "Where did you disappear to?" She asked, clacking her beak as she threw a few more extra sticks into the fire before her. Not that she needed to cook something; she just liked the warmth. She then realized that someone else had already started talking to him, however, and promptly shut her beak.
Mars felt his face beginning to heat up and averted his gaze from the kelpie. “Thank you.. I deeply appreciate that.” He smiled back kindly. “We should probably head back, who knows what kinds of things are lurking in these woods. But, again thank you. May Aurora shine kindly on you.” He took a step back towards the camp, taking care as to not trip on any tree roots or other foliage. He’d already had his fair share of stumbling that day. Mars walked back to his belongings by the fire, glancing back towards the kelpie before sitting down to enjoy the warmth.
Mars felt his face beginning to heat up and averted his gaze from the kelpie. “Thank you.. I deeply appreciate that.” He smiled back kindly. “We should probably head back, who knows what kinds of things are lurking in these woods. But, again thank you. May Aurora shine kindly on you.” He took a step back towards the camp, taking care as to not trip on any tree roots or other foliage. He’d already had his fair share of stumbling that day. Mars walked back to his belongings by the fire, glancing back towards the kelpie before sitting down to enjoy the warmth.
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125 126