Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | BnB :: OOC Chat and Application
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@ElveraBasilisk
Okay! I just wanted to be sure before I went ahead and did once again lol.

So, I wanted to ask if there was a point to having a human character. Like it seems as though, at this point, most of the characters are vampires with some nobility. Having a human character at this point doesn't seem like it would be the best thing for character interactions lol. So, would it be a better idea for me to not use a human character? Or would there be a way ensure there are character interactions? I mean, I could bank on maybe the other characters in the roleplay might not be nobility and all. But that might not pan out, so I wanted to ask lol. Would it perhaps be better for me to have a vampire or lycan character?

Also, just making sure, this is a medieval roleplay, right? Is there magic?
@ElveraBasilisk
Okay! I just wanted to be sure before I went ahead and did once again lol.

So, I wanted to ask if there was a point to having a human character. Like it seems as though, at this point, most of the characters are vampires with some nobility. Having a human character at this point doesn't seem like it would be the best thing for character interactions lol. So, would it be a better idea for me to not use a human character? Or would there be a way ensure there are character interactions? I mean, I could bank on maybe the other characters in the roleplay might not be nobility and all. But that might not pan out, so I wanted to ask lol. Would it perhaps be better for me to have a vampire or lycan character?

Also, just making sure, this is a medieval roleplay, right? Is there magic?
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
@abyssranger

It would seem a bit unhelpful, but the humans are still the foodstuffs of vampires so I am open to suggestions. I could definitely see them being under the rule of vampires in certain regions, as well as minor services such as blood "donations" and servants for "lower" tasks like cleaning, banquet presentations, laundry, etc. :)

And the setting is high-fantasy, so medieval/Renaissance range of technology/aesthetic. Magic I want to say probably not, but perhaps it could be something for the humans to use so we can see what the others think :)
@abyssranger

It would seem a bit unhelpful, but the humans are still the foodstuffs of vampires so I am open to suggestions. I could definitely see them being under the rule of vampires in certain regions, as well as minor services such as blood "donations" and servants for "lower" tasks like cleaning, banquet presentations, laundry, etc. :)

And the setting is high-fantasy, so medieval/Renaissance range of technology/aesthetic. Magic I want to say probably not, but perhaps it could be something for the humans to use so we can see what the others think :)
tVRq6jk.pngg0hFCu8.pnghmeUSax.png4c85ct1.png
@AbyssRanger
For a more human feel while still having interaction you could make a grunt.
@AbyssRanger
For a more human feel while still having interaction you could make a grunt.
Ulricti%20Guard%20Banner_Horizantal_zps7fecaqu9.png
Name: Desdemona Blackthorn (but call her Dez)
Race: Dire Lycan
Lycan Guardian to: Open! Free to good home.
Appearance: 5’6” and still growing, normal body type. She has long, fluffy light blonde hair, one blue and one brown eye, and her tongue usually hangs to the side. Those features show in her wolf form, but she is more of a hyperactive dog than a wolf.
She rarely wears anything without at least a thin layer of dirt on it, because she loves to roll around. Since she doesn’t have a master yet, she has never worn anything formal in her life.
Bio: Dez spent her puppyhood on the streets, mainly town square. Many people thought she was a friendly dog, so they gave her bits of food and let her lick their faces. In recent years, she has sniffed her way into more places than she could count. She loves exploring, making friends, and most of all, playing fetch. She never had a permanent home; she always wandered from house to house, looking for a place to sleep. But when she followed her nose to where all the other Lycans went, she discovered a new possible home, and probably more friends to be petted by!
Other Info: Loves being petted, especially belly rubs. Oh and Elvera, I know I’ve spent most of my life as a wolf/doggo, but put some clothes on. You are doing me a concern.
Name: Desdemona Blackthorn (but call her Dez)
Race: Dire Lycan
Lycan Guardian to: Open! Free to good home.
Appearance: 5’6” and still growing, normal body type. She has long, fluffy light blonde hair, one blue and one brown eye, and her tongue usually hangs to the side. Those features show in her wolf form, but she is more of a hyperactive dog than a wolf.
She rarely wears anything without at least a thin layer of dirt on it, because she loves to roll around. Since she doesn’t have a master yet, she has never worn anything formal in her life.
Bio: Dez spent her puppyhood on the streets, mainly town square. Many people thought she was a friendly dog, so they gave her bits of food and let her lick their faces. In recent years, she has sniffed her way into more places than she could count. She loves exploring, making friends, and most of all, playing fetch. She never had a permanent home; she always wandered from house to house, looking for a place to sleep. But when she followed her nose to where all the other Lycans went, she discovered a new possible home, and probably more friends to be petted by!
Other Info: Loves being petted, especially belly rubs. Oh and Elvera, I know I’ve spent most of my life as a wolf/doggo, but put some clothes on. You are doing me a concern.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
@ElveraBasilisk

Pet? Pet? Pet? Fetch? Pet? Treat? Fetch?
@ElveraBasilisk

Pet? Pet? Pet? Fetch? Pet? Treat? Fetch?
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
@ElveraBasilisk
Okay! Thank you! Hmm, so I may make a human character who lived under the rule of vampires and is perhaps a servant to the vampires? I have a character in mind and potentially a way to make him more relevant if something with rebel humans does happen. Or I might just toss the idea and completely rework the character lol. Eh, I'll see what happens lol.

@Xumbre
Thank you! Although, a grunt really doesn't have the sort of temperament I like playing lol. They don't really seem human at all lol
@ElveraBasilisk
Okay! Thank you! Hmm, so I may make a human character who lived under the rule of vampires and is perhaps a servant to the vampires? I have a character in mind and potentially a way to make him more relevant if something with rebel humans does happen. Or I might just toss the idea and completely rework the character lol. Eh, I'll see what happens lol.

@Xumbre
Thank you! Although, a grunt really doesn't have the sort of temperament I like playing lol. They don't really seem human at all lol
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
@AbyssRanger
Yeah I suppose a grunt would act more like a rabid animal than a human lol.
@AbyssRanger
Yeah I suppose a grunt would act more like a rabid animal than a human lol.
@kallizora

Not entirely sorry about it due to the warmer climate, but she's a princess so she'll have a range of gowns anyhow. That just happened to be the most updated picture of Elvera I have, but plan on designing several gowns because costumes are my taste.

I trust you won't drop comments like that for other players.
@kallizora

Not entirely sorry about it due to the warmer climate, but she's a princess so she'll have a range of gowns anyhow. That just happened to be the most updated picture of Elvera I have, but plan on designing several gowns because costumes are my taste.

I trust you won't drop comments like that for other players.
@abyssranger @xumbre

Yeah, the grunt is an interesting dynamic for that, and some CAN hold a calmer attitude than others :O I imagine them like the traditional "werewolf-who-can't-control self-in-full-moon" type deal, which is what the mutt is. Whiiiich I need to edit so they both have equivalents of that xD

UNLESS, Werewolf is something entirely different?? so there's three versions to the Lycans and three to the Vampires?
@abyssranger @xumbre

Yeah, the grunt is an interesting dynamic for that, and some CAN hold a calmer attitude than others :O I imagine them like the traditional "werewolf-who-can't-control self-in-full-moon" type deal, which is what the mutt is. Whiiiich I need to edit so they both have equivalents of that xD

UNLESS, Werewolf is something entirely different?? so there's three versions to the Lycans and three to the Vampires?
@ElveraBasilisk
So like we'd have mutts who can't turn into wolves at all, werewolves who just have no control or can only go into a half-wolf hybrid form, and dire lycans who have total control and have a full wolf form?
@ElveraBasilisk
So like we'd have mutts who can't turn into wolves at all, werewolves who just have no control or can only go into a half-wolf hybrid form, and dire lycans who have total control and have a full wolf form?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8