Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Living World (THE FINAL CHAPTER)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 102 103
If she was a cat, Tem would have purred too.

She leaned into her lynx, closing her eyes contentedly. She didn't care what time she was in, as long as she and June still had this. She vaguely remembered someone knocking last night, but dismissed the thought in her mind. It probably wasn't important, and they'd paid for the room.

She sat up after kissing June on the cheek. "Let's stay here a while. We're in the past, we have nowhere to be, and the others can take care of themselves." She sat back against the headboard, fluffing up the pillows as a back rest. Despite the fact it wasn't the most comfortable bed, she could cuddle June here for hours.

She looked out the window at the dawning light illuminating the city. It was much prettier while it was half-finished; it had a lived-in and well-loved look that was gone in the future, and the jagged parts of the unmined mountain jutted up from it like sentries protecting their charges. The mountains of Colsar hadn't always been cruel and unforgiving. For now, it was indeed the Safe City.

"Monsters aren't sentient," she was thinking aloud now. "But non-humans are. Do you think it's possible at some point that the Clans made it easier for everyone to believe that they weren't sentient either? I want to know who these clans are, why they're doing what they are. Why did they kill the dwarves? Why are they raiding villages? They can think for themselves, it's not like a Mennar attack. I just want to know why."

Athus had seen the scar, looking worried. His study was stuffed with books, like it had been in the future, but most of them were shabby and second-hand, and a couple were waiting at the side to be repaired with their covers falling off. The marks on Call's body told a story in their own right, but he wouldn't push him to tell it.

"Outside the City...?" He sat down unhappily. "The Clans are warring over land and resources, and we're just caught up in between. There are humans who are taking advantage of anarchy too," he sighed. "They raid the villages, usually at night. Slaughter the cattle for meat, kill all the men who don't join them, let loose the children to be hunted down for sport, and take liberties with the rest before burning the village to the ground and killing all the survivors. It's not the only thing they do. There are hundreds of Clans, some of them more peaceful - those are the worst ones. And then there are the largest, who are having their large-scale battles out on the plains while the smaller clans run amoc. Our army is scattered all over the place, mostly evacuating people, but we've clashed with the Clans several times. The battles are always haunting."

He sighed, unsure if this was what Call wanted to hear. He was about seventeen, he noticed, which was surprising seeing that his throat had been slit and he had been branded. "There are human Clans too, taking part in the chaos. If they find one of our soldiers, they hang him. A superstitious lot, mostly, they're the ones who lynch mages. Honestly, we need all the mages we can get." He shook his head. "But I can't really tell you much else. I'm just a footsoldier. You haven't any idea at all where you came from...?"

He wanted to ask to see Call's arm again, but he wasn't sure if it would be rude. He was more comfortable just talking to one person alone in his study, rather than in the crowded tavern where the attention for news was on him. Not many soldiers came back at all, let alone regularly, but he had to see Hythen.

There was a knock on the door, and Hythen came in, carrying a tray of cooking that smelled amazing. "I heard you two were up here, I've given the others something to eat too," he smiled at Call kindly.

Athus blushed a little and looked away, Hythen's smile enough to make him feel warm. "He had some things he wanted to know about the war," he explained. "This is my husband, Hythen. Hythen, this is... I don't know your name," he prompted Call, slightly nervously.

Hythen put the tray down for Call. "Your friends are doing alright," he reassured him. "You all look like you haven't had a decent meal in weeks. Oh! Did Athus show you?" He suddenly seemed excited, heading to a shelf and taking a bottle from it. It had holes punctured in the top for air, and a chrysalis was hanging down from the lid. "We don't get butterflies in the mountains as a rule, but this species does live up there - it's incredibly rare, I found it in the Small Streets." He was showing Call simply because he was excited about it, something that was making Athus smile more. "Do you have any interest in butterflies?"

"I think he's probably preoccupied with the war, Hythen."

"We're going to release it further down the city when it comes out of the chrysalis. They have stormy grey wings with darker grey patterns, and they blend into the stone like they came out of it. It's amazing we found the caterpillar, they're so rare and experts at camouflage, they eat the mountain grass, see, but there's not much of it left."

Athus didn't have the heart to interrupt him again, listening to him contentedly. He glanced out of the small window to the narrow street below. It was generous of Hythen to cook for them, but neither of them would mention that. The city was rationing food, and they were poor enough to begin with.
If she was a cat, Tem would have purred too.

She leaned into her lynx, closing her eyes contentedly. She didn't care what time she was in, as long as she and June still had this. She vaguely remembered someone knocking last night, but dismissed the thought in her mind. It probably wasn't important, and they'd paid for the room.

She sat up after kissing June on the cheek. "Let's stay here a while. We're in the past, we have nowhere to be, and the others can take care of themselves." She sat back against the headboard, fluffing up the pillows as a back rest. Despite the fact it wasn't the most comfortable bed, she could cuddle June here for hours.

She looked out the window at the dawning light illuminating the city. It was much prettier while it was half-finished; it had a lived-in and well-loved look that was gone in the future, and the jagged parts of the unmined mountain jutted up from it like sentries protecting their charges. The mountains of Colsar hadn't always been cruel and unforgiving. For now, it was indeed the Safe City.

"Monsters aren't sentient," she was thinking aloud now. "But non-humans are. Do you think it's possible at some point that the Clans made it easier for everyone to believe that they weren't sentient either? I want to know who these clans are, why they're doing what they are. Why did they kill the dwarves? Why are they raiding villages? They can think for themselves, it's not like a Mennar attack. I just want to know why."

Athus had seen the scar, looking worried. His study was stuffed with books, like it had been in the future, but most of them were shabby and second-hand, and a couple were waiting at the side to be repaired with their covers falling off. The marks on Call's body told a story in their own right, but he wouldn't push him to tell it.

"Outside the City...?" He sat down unhappily. "The Clans are warring over land and resources, and we're just caught up in between. There are humans who are taking advantage of anarchy too," he sighed. "They raid the villages, usually at night. Slaughter the cattle for meat, kill all the men who don't join them, let loose the children to be hunted down for sport, and take liberties with the rest before burning the village to the ground and killing all the survivors. It's not the only thing they do. There are hundreds of Clans, some of them more peaceful - those are the worst ones. And then there are the largest, who are having their large-scale battles out on the plains while the smaller clans run amoc. Our army is scattered all over the place, mostly evacuating people, but we've clashed with the Clans several times. The battles are always haunting."

He sighed, unsure if this was what Call wanted to hear. He was about seventeen, he noticed, which was surprising seeing that his throat had been slit and he had been branded. "There are human Clans too, taking part in the chaos. If they find one of our soldiers, they hang him. A superstitious lot, mostly, they're the ones who lynch mages. Honestly, we need all the mages we can get." He shook his head. "But I can't really tell you much else. I'm just a footsoldier. You haven't any idea at all where you came from...?"

He wanted to ask to see Call's arm again, but he wasn't sure if it would be rude. He was more comfortable just talking to one person alone in his study, rather than in the crowded tavern where the attention for news was on him. Not many soldiers came back at all, let alone regularly, but he had to see Hythen.

There was a knock on the door, and Hythen came in, carrying a tray of cooking that smelled amazing. "I heard you two were up here, I've given the others something to eat too," he smiled at Call kindly.

Athus blushed a little and looked away, Hythen's smile enough to make him feel warm. "He had some things he wanted to know about the war," he explained. "This is my husband, Hythen. Hythen, this is... I don't know your name," he prompted Call, slightly nervously.

Hythen put the tray down for Call. "Your friends are doing alright," he reassured him. "You all look like you haven't had a decent meal in weeks. Oh! Did Athus show you?" He suddenly seemed excited, heading to a shelf and taking a bottle from it. It had holes punctured in the top for air, and a chrysalis was hanging down from the lid. "We don't get butterflies in the mountains as a rule, but this species does live up there - it's incredibly rare, I found it in the Small Streets." He was showing Call simply because he was excited about it, something that was making Athus smile more. "Do you have any interest in butterflies?"

"I think he's probably preoccupied with the war, Hythen."

"We're going to release it further down the city when it comes out of the chrysalis. They have stormy grey wings with darker grey patterns, and they blend into the stone like they came out of it. It's amazing we found the caterpillar, they're so rare and experts at camouflage, they eat the mountain grass, see, but there's not much of it left."

Athus didn't have the heart to interrupt him again, listening to him contentedly. He glanced out of the small window to the narrow street below. It was generous of Hythen to cook for them, but neither of them would mention that. The city was rationing food, and they were poor enough to begin with.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
June lay there for a moment, her mind rummaged over some of the things, didn't someone knock on their door last night? She has been a bit too... occupied at that time and a bit worn out so whatever that was, it had fallen on deaf ears, she wasn't sure if the vampire had noticed it too, she'd have to ask her later, but knowing that Tem could be a bit selfish and wanted to hog the lynx all to herself and pretend that this world only had two of them and nothing else matter at all.

She watched as the vampire sat up, hummed softly as she leaned into her kiss. June couldn't help but to chuckle a bit "Whoa, there." She purred, pulling the cover over Tem as she sat upright against the headboard and used the pillows as back rest, she was debating whether if they should stay around a bit as Tem suggested or that they really should be up and going to look for the rest. June blushed a bit, she had been a bit irresponsible, after everything that had happened, she hadn't got a chance to say a proper word to Callum and the rest.

Now he knew that she was the Exorcist too, it's going to be an earful conversation, or probably not if the boy doesn't start freaking out when they were face to face. June sighed a bit and hit her head back on the pillow, turned on her side and reached a hand out over the vampire, her mind wandered off a bit as she traced her finger softly up and down on Tem's arm. Until she spoke up again, making June look up at her.

"Love.. it's too early for those questions." She teased, chuckled a bit, but then decided to be serious again for Tem "Honestly, I've heard that there were... well, are many different clans going on right now, though we weren't sure who was the one that killed the dwarves. But we're finding out soon.. and the reason why they'd do it too." She said firmly, her expression hardened again at the thought, non-humans or humans, she wasn't going to let this going down the path to the Empire in the future again.

"And as for raiding the villages.. love, why else? Food sources, supplies, or sports and purely entertainment really." She hissed disdainfully, then sighed again as she slowly sat up as well, looking out at the small gap of the window as well, she had pulled the covers down last night, for reasons. But she could tell that it was a beautiful morning, by the light illuminating through the sheet and the lively sounds going on and about.

"Also, Tem.. about last night, was it just me or was there someone at the door?" She coughed, blushing and rub at the back of her neck awkwardly, she didn't expect to be zoning out like that during activities, but as expected the vampire sure know how to deal with her.
June lay there for a moment, her mind rummaged over some of the things, didn't someone knock on their door last night? She has been a bit too... occupied at that time and a bit worn out so whatever that was, it had fallen on deaf ears, she wasn't sure if the vampire had noticed it too, she'd have to ask her later, but knowing that Tem could be a bit selfish and wanted to hog the lynx all to herself and pretend that this world only had two of them and nothing else matter at all.

She watched as the vampire sat up, hummed softly as she leaned into her kiss. June couldn't help but to chuckle a bit "Whoa, there." She purred, pulling the cover over Tem as she sat upright against the headboard and used the pillows as back rest, she was debating whether if they should stay around a bit as Tem suggested or that they really should be up and going to look for the rest. June blushed a bit, she had been a bit irresponsible, after everything that had happened, she hadn't got a chance to say a proper word to Callum and the rest.

Now he knew that she was the Exorcist too, it's going to be an earful conversation, or probably not if the boy doesn't start freaking out when they were face to face. June sighed a bit and hit her head back on the pillow, turned on her side and reached a hand out over the vampire, her mind wandered off a bit as she traced her finger softly up and down on Tem's arm. Until she spoke up again, making June look up at her.

"Love.. it's too early for those questions." She teased, chuckled a bit, but then decided to be serious again for Tem "Honestly, I've heard that there were... well, are many different clans going on right now, though we weren't sure who was the one that killed the dwarves. But we're finding out soon.. and the reason why they'd do it too." She said firmly, her expression hardened again at the thought, non-humans or humans, she wasn't going to let this going down the path to the Empire in the future again.

"And as for raiding the villages.. love, why else? Food sources, supplies, or sports and purely entertainment really." She hissed disdainfully, then sighed again as she slowly sat up as well, looking out at the small gap of the window as well, she had pulled the covers down last night, for reasons. But she could tell that it was a beautiful morning, by the light illuminating through the sheet and the lively sounds going on and about.

"Also, Tem.. about last night, was it just me or was there someone at the door?" She coughed, blushing and rub at the back of her neck awkwardly, she didn't expect to be zoning out like that during activities, but as expected the vampire sure know how to deal with her.
Tem sighed as June asked her question, and then she shook her head, grinning. "You were too distracted. You can't concentrate on two things at once," she teased, kissing her bond before getting up from the bed. She had gotten dressed last night into fluffy pink pyjamas and purple socks - no matter how active they'd been, Tem never failed to get dressed into something new before falling asleep.

Now she stripped off completely, rummaging around for some clothes. Surprisingly, she chose plaid and britches this time - practically for working in. She still managed to look good, just in a more practical way; she put her hair into a simple, practical braid, tucking the britches into rough leather boots before standing back up, stretching, and grinning at June. "I like your clothes today," she teased her mischievously.
Tem sighed as June asked her question, and then she shook her head, grinning. "You were too distracted. You can't concentrate on two things at once," she teased, kissing her bond before getting up from the bed. She had gotten dressed last night into fluffy pink pyjamas and purple socks - no matter how active they'd been, Tem never failed to get dressed into something new before falling asleep.

Now she stripped off completely, rummaging around for some clothes. Surprisingly, she chose plaid and britches this time - practically for working in. She still managed to look good, just in a more practical way; she put her hair into a simple, practical braid, tucking the britches into rough leather boots before standing back up, stretching, and grinning at June. "I like your clothes today," she teased her mischievously.
Before they knew it, hours had passed and what was supposed to be a quick rest became a full nap as they sat there, boredom driving them to tiredness as they sat. Sam propped their head up on their hand as they fell asleep. While they slept, their head slipped from their hand and fell to the table with a soft thump, though it wasn't quite enough to wake them up, it did jostle their mask slightly, only barely revealing the stitching on their mouth.
Before they knew it, hours had passed and what was supposed to be a quick rest became a full nap as they sat there, boredom driving them to tiredness as they sat. Sam propped their head up on their hand as they fell asleep. While they slept, their head slipped from their hand and fell to the table with a soft thump, though it wasn't quite enough to wake them up, it did jostle their mask slightly, only barely revealing the stitching on their mouth.
The lynx coughed again, laughing nervously "You can be.. distracting." She grinned back at her, purred slightly into the kiss, then resisted the urge to throw her hands up, of course the vampire had dressed herself into something, and she hold back from chuckling at she now noticed the pink pyjamas, she would ask her if pink was her favorite color but then again Tem couldn't exactly see in colors, so it made her wonder how 'pink' would smell like.

June watched as Tem changed her clothing again, she couldn't help but to shake her head slightly and smiled at her bond lovingly, the vampire looks good in everything, she knew it and she knew that June'd notice as well. She subconsciously brought a hand up to run her fingers through her own messy hair, sighed a bit as she almost got caught up in a small knot, she might need to brush them out before pulling them into her usual ponytail.

She grinned a bit and rolled her eyes at the vampire's teasing "Thanks I tried." June chuckled, stretching herself out a bit, popping the joints and stretched out her muscles, she playfully flexed and purred at Tem, now that her arm wasn't covered up by her usual long-sleeved clothes, her simple tribal tattoo was showed for the world to see, it was a simple line wrapped on her left arm, not as complicated as Valdis' was.

However something caught her attention from the corner of her eyes as she got out of the bed and start putting on clothes as well, June did a double take on Tem, remembered when she had stripped "Wait.." She suddenly crouched down and flipped the vampire's plaid off slightly, to revealed a small, barely noticeable mark, that looked like it was made from ink but it wasn't, below and to the right corner of Tem's abdomen. June then withdrawn her hands from the vampire once she saw it, she froze for a moment, suddenly feeling hard to breath before she fainted.

The lynx coughed again, laughing nervously "You can be.. distracting." She grinned back at her, purred slightly into the kiss, then resisted the urge to throw her hands up, of course the vampire had dressed herself into something, and she hold back from chuckling at she now noticed the pink pyjamas, she would ask her if pink was her favorite color but then again Tem couldn't exactly see in colors, so it made her wonder how 'pink' would smell like.

June watched as Tem changed her clothing again, she couldn't help but to shake her head slightly and smiled at her bond lovingly, the vampire looks good in everything, she knew it and she knew that June'd notice as well. She subconsciously brought a hand up to run her fingers through her own messy hair, sighed a bit as she almost got caught up in a small knot, she might need to brush them out before pulling them into her usual ponytail.

She grinned a bit and rolled her eyes at the vampire's teasing "Thanks I tried." June chuckled, stretching herself out a bit, popping the joints and stretched out her muscles, she playfully flexed and purred at Tem, now that her arm wasn't covered up by her usual long-sleeved clothes, her simple tribal tattoo was showed for the world to see, it was a simple line wrapped on her left arm, not as complicated as Valdis' was.

However something caught her attention from the corner of her eyes as she got out of the bed and start putting on clothes as well, June did a double take on Tem, remembered when she had stripped "Wait.." She suddenly crouched down and flipped the vampire's plaid off slightly, to revealed a small, barely noticeable mark, that looked like it was made from ink but it wasn't, below and to the right corner of Tem's abdomen. June then withdrawn her hands from the vampire once she saw it, she froze for a moment, suddenly feeling hard to breath before she fainted.

Tem grinned, showing herself off as June teased her. She looked a little confused as June looked at a mark that hadn't been there before and then fainted, catching her bond before she could hit the ground. She could still hear the blood pumping around her body, knowing she was still alive, only unconscious. "June?!" She sat down cross-legged, pulling her bond into her lap, running her hands through her hair gently. "What was that about...?" She glanced up to the window, lifting June easily and putting her down on the bed, moving over to open it wide, letting in the fresh, cold air of the morning.

She lifted her plaid a little as well, studying it. It hadn't been there before, certainly. She wasn't sure what it was, or why it had made June faint, but Tem wasn't too bothered about her own body. She knew she looked good either way - she had always been confident on that front. She began to wonder whether they should have gone with the others, and then she would have been able to get help for June.

She moved over to her, scooping her up again with ease, her strength still coming into play. It was easy to misjudge, but also useful. "June, love? You need to wake up," she tried not to sound too worried. "We can't spend all day hanging around, as much as I'd like to." She leaned in and kissed her unconscious bond gently. Maybe it was a Sunvaar thing.

She huffed, sitting down on the bed and holding June. She knew now that the Sunvaar wouldn't die as easily as that, and this was just a shock. She wondered what it was that had shocked her so badly, frowning. Her bond wasn't usually that easily shocked.

A raven landed on the windowsill outside, pecking at the window. Perhaps people liked to feed them, and they had taken to asking for breakfast that way. She smiled a little. People could be superstitious about corvids, but Tem found them friendly and fascinating. She wasn't a hugely superstitious person. She was already dead, after all. You had to be revered of spirits to be superstitious.

She looked back down to June. She remembered her time in Visage, when people would gift the crows with small shiny things and food in exchange for hopefully good luck, or the assistance of the crows. Crows were good that way. They always paid back their debts, and they were some of the biggest minds of justice in that city. Someone hit someone they liked? You could bet they'd be mobbed every time they stepped outside.

She pulled herself back from the mental tangent, watching June's sleeping face affectionately. She hoped it wasn't bad. She wondered what could have possibly made June faint, and a slight idea dawned on her, making her blink. She wondered what had happened for June between the future and now. It was an odd thing to think about.

Tem knew the Night Spirit wouldn't have thrown them back in time if she was worried about them ruining the timeline. That sort of thing happened in stories, but she assumed they had been sent back to a pivotal point where the future could have gone one of several routes, to perhaps change that route to something that didn't hold the cold, purposeless Empire; therefore, none of their actions would cause terrible consequences with time. The future had already happened, so they existed, but their timeline was linear still, and their history would exist even if the world went down a different route. Time was a strange thing.

She leaned down and kissed June, willing her to wake up. "Come on, love... tell me what's wrong..."
Tem grinned, showing herself off as June teased her. She looked a little confused as June looked at a mark that hadn't been there before and then fainted, catching her bond before she could hit the ground. She could still hear the blood pumping around her body, knowing she was still alive, only unconscious. "June?!" She sat down cross-legged, pulling her bond into her lap, running her hands through her hair gently. "What was that about...?" She glanced up to the window, lifting June easily and putting her down on the bed, moving over to open it wide, letting in the fresh, cold air of the morning.

She lifted her plaid a little as well, studying it. It hadn't been there before, certainly. She wasn't sure what it was, or why it had made June faint, but Tem wasn't too bothered about her own body. She knew she looked good either way - she had always been confident on that front. She began to wonder whether they should have gone with the others, and then she would have been able to get help for June.

She moved over to her, scooping her up again with ease, her strength still coming into play. It was easy to misjudge, but also useful. "June, love? You need to wake up," she tried not to sound too worried. "We can't spend all day hanging around, as much as I'd like to." She leaned in and kissed her unconscious bond gently. Maybe it was a Sunvaar thing.

She huffed, sitting down on the bed and holding June. She knew now that the Sunvaar wouldn't die as easily as that, and this was just a shock. She wondered what it was that had shocked her so badly, frowning. Her bond wasn't usually that easily shocked.

A raven landed on the windowsill outside, pecking at the window. Perhaps people liked to feed them, and they had taken to asking for breakfast that way. She smiled a little. People could be superstitious about corvids, but Tem found them friendly and fascinating. She wasn't a hugely superstitious person. She was already dead, after all. You had to be revered of spirits to be superstitious.

She looked back down to June. She remembered her time in Visage, when people would gift the crows with small shiny things and food in exchange for hopefully good luck, or the assistance of the crows. Crows were good that way. They always paid back their debts, and they were some of the biggest minds of justice in that city. Someone hit someone they liked? You could bet they'd be mobbed every time they stepped outside.

She pulled herself back from the mental tangent, watching June's sleeping face affectionately. She hoped it wasn't bad. She wondered what could have possibly made June faint, and a slight idea dawned on her, making her blink. She wondered what had happened for June between the future and now. It was an odd thing to think about.

Tem knew the Night Spirit wouldn't have thrown them back in time if she was worried about them ruining the timeline. That sort of thing happened in stories, but she assumed they had been sent back to a pivotal point where the future could have gone one of several routes, to perhaps change that route to something that didn't hold the cold, purposeless Empire; therefore, none of their actions would cause terrible consequences with time. The future had already happened, so they existed, but their timeline was linear still, and their history would exist even if the world went down a different route. Time was a strange thing.

She leaned down and kissed June, willing her to wake up. "Come on, love... tell me what's wrong..."
It wasn't awhile until the Sunvaar was brought back to reality again, her head was spinning like crazy from the blood rushing up to it, she felt overwhelmed, groaned slightly as she put a hand on her head, she stirred awake again, forced her eyes open to look up at Tem, she realized that she has been placed down on the bed again and that her bond was staring down at her, June could tell that she wasn't worried...

Wait, then suddenly everything to drawn on her again. June groaned slightly as she willed herself up on the bed again, she couldn't find her words, hunched her back slightly as she held her head in her hands, shaking it "No, no, no." She murmured, sounding a bit frustrated about the whole situation "Why now?!" June was talking to herself, she huffed and threw her hands outward clenched them as she made some frustrating noises.

Surely this must be some kind of joke, she silently cursed at everything except Tem and the newly found mark. Someone out there must be having a good time right now, enjoy seeing her being thrown into all kind of unexpected situation, why are they doing this?! June wanted to strangle something, she felt like that time they were accidentally bonded, but this time it hits her with a force that was ten times harder.

She resisted the urge to let out an ironical laugh, whimpering she turned her head back to look into her bond's eyes, desperately. Talk about worst timing ever, and all that karma coming for her, June couldn't bring herself to talk to her bond, who was obviously very confused by the whole thing right now, and it was just downright unfair and stupid not telling Tem, but June just couldn't.

She could felt her panic attack rising again, June wasn't even sure how to feel right now, good or bad but she was extremely overwhelmed Why..eee She was internally struggling, her eyes roamed Tem's entire being right now, then landed on her eyes again before she dragged a hand down on her own face, pulling at her hair in frustration. June sighed in defeat, suddenly felt the threat to faint again.

June felt dizzy, failed to notice the raven perching on their window, her entire focus was on Tem. She looked down briefly at where the mark was suppose to be, but it was now covered by the vampire's plaid again "I...you.." She tried, biting her lips nervously, June was surprise she didn't break into cold sweat right now "..You saw that too.. right?" Her voice was small was it could possibly be, anxiously waiting for her bond's respond.
It wasn't awhile until the Sunvaar was brought back to reality again, her head was spinning like crazy from the blood rushing up to it, she felt overwhelmed, groaned slightly as she put a hand on her head, she stirred awake again, forced her eyes open to look up at Tem, she realized that she has been placed down on the bed again and that her bond was staring down at her, June could tell that she wasn't worried...

Wait, then suddenly everything to drawn on her again. June groaned slightly as she willed herself up on the bed again, she couldn't find her words, hunched her back slightly as she held her head in her hands, shaking it "No, no, no." She murmured, sounding a bit frustrated about the whole situation "Why now?!" June was talking to herself, she huffed and threw her hands outward clenched them as she made some frustrating noises.

Surely this must be some kind of joke, she silently cursed at everything except Tem and the newly found mark. Someone out there must be having a good time right now, enjoy seeing her being thrown into all kind of unexpected situation, why are they doing this?! June wanted to strangle something, she felt like that time they were accidentally bonded, but this time it hits her with a force that was ten times harder.

She resisted the urge to let out an ironical laugh, whimpering she turned her head back to look into her bond's eyes, desperately. Talk about worst timing ever, and all that karma coming for her, June couldn't bring herself to talk to her bond, who was obviously very confused by the whole thing right now, and it was just downright unfair and stupid not telling Tem, but June just couldn't.

She could felt her panic attack rising again, June wasn't even sure how to feel right now, good or bad but she was extremely overwhelmed Why..eee She was internally struggling, her eyes roamed Tem's entire being right now, then landed on her eyes again before she dragged a hand down on her own face, pulling at her hair in frustration. June sighed in defeat, suddenly felt the threat to faint again.

June felt dizzy, failed to notice the raven perching on their window, her entire focus was on Tem. She looked down briefly at where the mark was suppose to be, but it was now covered by the vampire's plaid again "I...you.." She tried, biting her lips nervously, June was surprise she didn't break into cold sweat right now "..You saw that too.. right?" Her voice was small was it could possibly be, anxiously waiting for her bond's respond.
"The mark?" Tem didn't want to show it again, for fear of making June faint. She watched her bond in puzzlement, before standing up and speaking firmly. "Love. It's on my body, so you're damn well telling me what it is, and you're telling me now, okay?" She watched June with a stern expression before flopping back down onto the bed next to her, leaning into her and teasingly running her hand over her. "You wouldn't keep something important from me again. That's something you need to promise me," she kissed her cheek gently. "Okay?"
"The mark?" Tem didn't want to show it again, for fear of making June faint. She watched her bond in puzzlement, before standing up and speaking firmly. "Love. It's on my body, so you're damn well telling me what it is, and you're telling me now, okay?" She watched June with a stern expression before flopping back down onto the bed next to her, leaning into her and teasingly running her hand over her. "You wouldn't keep something important from me again. That's something you need to promise me," she kissed her cheek gently. "Okay?"
June couldn't help but to smile a bit as she called it 'the mark' but honestly she couldn't blame her either and it did lift her mood up a bit, she flinched a bit as Tem stood and and demand her to explain everything to her, of course, she would, who would want to keep such a thing from the very person that's definitely gonna go through all of.. that.

"Alright, alright I will." She whined a bit, like a child has just been scolded by its mother.. which was... June sighed again, biting her lips again under the vampire's intense stare, but she expected it that much, Tem has literally ever right to know. She was about to say something before Tem flopped down beside her on the bed, it bounced a bit under the impact.

She closed her eyes briefly and leaned into Tem as well, purring a bit as she felt her fingers over her, she wrapped her arms around Tem and pulled her in closer, resting her chin on the top of her head. June nodded and sighed "I won't.. I promise.." She purred again as Tem kissed her cheek, then leaned down to give her a kiss on her lips as well, they stayed like that for a moment before June pulled away.

"And it's something that I really shouldn't, no wait, I can't keep from you..." June murmured, quite nervously. She carefully put a hand on Tem's abdomen for a moment before lifting her plaid up again and craned her neck to look down at the mark, so to confirm that she wasn't seeing things "And also, please before you say anything, I didn't think that this would happen too since.. well.. ehh. I honestly didn't know, but boy do karma likes playing with me or what." She laughed nervously, then sighed again, she was tensing so hard that she could felt something popped.

"This might be a really bad time...?" June bit her lips nervously "But, how much do you know about.. Sunvaar's reproduction?"

June couldn't help but to smile a bit as she called it 'the mark' but honestly she couldn't blame her either and it did lift her mood up a bit, she flinched a bit as Tem stood and and demand her to explain everything to her, of course, she would, who would want to keep such a thing from the very person that's definitely gonna go through all of.. that.

"Alright, alright I will." She whined a bit, like a child has just been scolded by its mother.. which was... June sighed again, biting her lips again under the vampire's intense stare, but she expected it that much, Tem has literally ever right to know. She was about to say something before Tem flopped down beside her on the bed, it bounced a bit under the impact.

She closed her eyes briefly and leaned into Tem as well, purring a bit as she felt her fingers over her, she wrapped her arms around Tem and pulled her in closer, resting her chin on the top of her head. June nodded and sighed "I won't.. I promise.." She purred again as Tem kissed her cheek, then leaned down to give her a kiss on her lips as well, they stayed like that for a moment before June pulled away.

"And it's something that I really shouldn't, no wait, I can't keep from you..." June murmured, quite nervously. She carefully put a hand on Tem's abdomen for a moment before lifting her plaid up again and craned her neck to look down at the mark, so to confirm that she wasn't seeing things "And also, please before you say anything, I didn't think that this would happen too since.. well.. ehh. I honestly didn't know, but boy do karma likes playing with me or what." She laughed nervously, then sighed again, she was tensing so hard that she could felt something popped.

"This might be a really bad time...?" June bit her lips nervously "But, how much do you know about.. Sunvaar's reproduction?"

Tem jerked away from her in surprise. "Well, I know enough to say that neither of us have the equipment for that sort of thing, or I would have suggested stopping the risk." She looked down at herself in surprise. She wasn't entirely sure what to think. She had never really wanted a child, but things happened when they happened. "Vampires shouldn't be able to carry babies. The mother is always the human," she was confused. She was cold-blooded. She shouldn't be able to have a child. It would be against nature.

She wondered how that sort of thing happened. Didn't Sunvaar have no magic? And June would have asked her first, surely. She huffed at the lynx. "Tell me it won't be an egg."
Tem jerked away from her in surprise. "Well, I know enough to say that neither of us have the equipment for that sort of thing, or I would have suggested stopping the risk." She looked down at herself in surprise. She wasn't entirely sure what to think. She had never really wanted a child, but things happened when they happened. "Vampires shouldn't be able to carry babies. The mother is always the human," she was confused. She was cold-blooded. She shouldn't be able to have a child. It would be against nature.

She wondered how that sort of thing happened. Didn't Sunvaar have no magic? And June would have asked her first, surely. She huffed at the lynx. "Tell me it won't be an egg."
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 102 103