Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Under the knife (1x1)
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Xenocrates has no idea there's an issue with Sawbones, nor does he have any reason to listen to the wishes of the mad doctor. Anything that happen is going to be purely of Sawbones' doing)
Xenocrates has no idea there's an issue with Sawbones, nor does he have any reason to listen to the wishes of the mad doctor. Anything that happen is going to be purely of Sawbones' doing)
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
(Just a thought :) how are you?)
(Just a thought :) how are you?)
The nocturne smiled gently, "you two rest up now, I'll be in to check on you in the morning, I'll bring along some breakfast as well. Garden salad okay for you two?"

Archimedes nodded stiffly, "yes that's me. He seems to be quite struck by you my dear, I feel I should warn you though. My son is a very intelligent young male but he is not without his flaws." He pushed open the clinic door and stepped out into the sands, his head lowered in what must have been dismay. "He has what we have dubbed Jekyll Hyde syndrome- for lack of a better name. Though I suppose disassociation psychosis sums it up neatly as well. I believe that his abuse as a young boy is what led to the development of this secondary personality. The Hyde comes out when he feels threatened, a protective measure his brain took on in it's most dire time of need. Nothing we've done has ever been able to erase the secondary personality but he hasn't had an episode in years. Now I'm only telling you this because I feel you should know prior to making any decisions on his advances.
The nocturne smiled gently, "you two rest up now, I'll be in to check on you in the morning, I'll bring along some breakfast as well. Garden salad okay for you two?"

Archimedes nodded stiffly, "yes that's me. He seems to be quite struck by you my dear, I feel I should warn you though. My son is a very intelligent young male but he is not without his flaws." He pushed open the clinic door and stepped out into the sands, his head lowered in what must have been dismay. "He has what we have dubbed Jekyll Hyde syndrome- for lack of a better name. Though I suppose disassociation psychosis sums it up neatly as well. I believe that his abuse as a young boy is what led to the development of this secondary personality. The Hyde comes out when he feels threatened, a protective measure his brain took on in it's most dire time of need. Nothing we've done has ever been able to erase the secondary personality but he hasn't had an episode in years. Now I'm only telling you this because I feel you should know prior to making any decisions on his advances.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
"Garden salad?" Regulus asks. "Sounds good. Thank you ma'am." He says smiling.

"Nice to formally meet you. So... he has a defensive type personality that emerges when needed? I believe he warned me of that... though I'm glad you're informing me. He's a very nice dragon. Such a shame nice dragons suffer the most.." She says quietly. She follows Archimedes as they walk. "Can our clan aid in trying to treat it?" She asks curiously. She wanting to help Sawbones. Though still she was amazed he cared so much for her. It was very touching as few dragons did what he did.
"Garden salad?" Regulus asks. "Sounds good. Thank you ma'am." He says smiling.

"Nice to formally meet you. So... he has a defensive type personality that emerges when needed? I believe he warned me of that... though I'm glad you're informing me. He's a very nice dragon. Such a shame nice dragons suffer the most.." She says quietly. She follows Archimedes as they walk. "Can our clan aid in trying to treat it?" She asks curiously. She wanting to help Sawbones. Though still she was amazed he cared so much for her. It was very touching as few dragons did what he did.
"I doubt it. Unfortunately it's a permanent part of him, all we can do is suppress it, the only options to remove it for good both involve literally destroying parts of his brain. Good dragons do seem to suffer the most don't they? I've always thought it was because they were too nice to fight for a better lot in life...unwilling to hurt others for there own selfish gain." He led her to the hotel and greeted the worker there explaining that Ranna had a room waiting for her. "Unless you have any further questions my dear I'll leave you to turn in for the night."
"I doubt it. Unfortunately it's a permanent part of him, all we can do is suppress it, the only options to remove it for good both involve literally destroying parts of his brain. Good dragons do seem to suffer the most don't they? I've always thought it was because they were too nice to fight for a better lot in life...unwilling to hurt others for there own selfish gain." He led her to the hotel and greeted the worker there explaining that Ranna had a room waiting for her. "Unless you have any further questions my dear I'll leave you to turn in for the night."
foto_1.png
Ranna nods. "Didn't hurt to ask. My father suffered too i believe..." She says. "I think its because others see their good intentions and use it against them. Or are too bad and just want to hurt..." She says honestly. She looks at the hotel. "I don't believe i do... Thank you Archimedes. Goodnight and i hope we may talk more." She says smiling. Then she turns to the worker. "Thank you. Could you show me the room please?"
Ranna nods. "Didn't hurt to ask. My father suffered too i believe..." She says. "I think its because others see their good intentions and use it against them. Or are too bad and just want to hurt..." She says honestly. She looks at the hotel. "I don't believe i do... Thank you Archimedes. Goodnight and i hope we may talk more." She says smiling. Then she turns to the worker. "Thank you. Could you show me the room please?"
The worker gave her a discontented half glare and led her down the long hallways. The white and orange tundra handed her a key and pointed to one of the larger rooms, "everything is payed for in advance including room-service. If you need anything just press the buzzer and someone will be along to help you." He turned and strode away a sour look still on his face.

The room was simple but nice, a bed was situated by a window with cream colored curtains. A small bookshelf sat in the far corner, and a wash basin was places in a little adjoining room. It had fresh water in it, and an assortment of soaps sitting along the built in shelf.
The worker gave her a discontented half glare and led her down the long hallways. The white and orange tundra handed her a key and pointed to one of the larger rooms, "everything is payed for in advance including room-service. If you need anything just press the buzzer and someone will be along to help you." He turned and strode away a sour look still on his face.

The room was simple but nice, a bed was situated by a window with cream colored curtains. A small bookshelf sat in the far corner, and a wash basin was places in a little adjoining room. It had fresh water in it, and an assortment of soaps sitting along the built in shelf.
foto_1.png
Ranna nods. "Thank you." What was his problem? She didn't know... did Sawbones really do this for her? She enters the room and takes note. It was nice... she goes to the wash basin and cleans off her claws and face with some water and soap. Then she reads what books may be here before going and sitting down on the bed.
Ranna nods. "Thank you." What was his problem? She didn't know... did Sawbones really do this for her? She enters the room and takes note. It was nice... she goes to the wash basin and cleans off her claws and face with some water and soap. Then she reads what books may be here before going and sitting down on the bed.
Maybe even suggesting Regulus joins his clan? Aster too?)
Maybe even suggesting Regulus joins his clan? Aster too?)
Sawbones had always been a clever dragon, Hyde would admit that much. Perhaps that was the only reason he tolerated being locked up inside his metaphorical prison for so long. Still as clever as Sawbones was he was no match for Hyde, no one was, intellectually speaking.

While the mother had been a simple matter of chemical persuasion, the father would need a different kind of encouragement. After all Aster had already been enamored by Sawbones, and his surgical abilities. Something Hyde lacked, though he didn't allow that to dissuade him from his usual overconfidence. While he could not be seen by Regulus until officially declared "rehabilitated" he could use an unwitting pawn. He mixed up another volatile chemical and compressed the substance into a gas, once exposed to this the pearlcatcher would find himself open to suggestion similarly to the way Aster had been after being exposed to the other substance.

Now all he need do was send the naive Beatrix in after mentioning his affection towards Ranna. She would promote him along with Aster whom he'd already conned a blessing out of. They would in turn convince Regulus that Ranna was best off with him, under the guise of him being Sawbones. It was perfect, and would lay the foundation for him to sidle in and charm the parents enough for their adoration and full support in his pursuit of Ranna.

Hyde slipped out a final time to place the second canister of gas, unnoticed by the silent clan around him. He set the timer and called Beatrix making sure to keep her talking until the hospital meal time. He hid his grin as she rushed off to retrieve the meals for Aster and Regulus.

Beatrix knocked at their room door, "are you two awake? It's Beatrix, I have breakfast for you both."
Sawbones had always been a clever dragon, Hyde would admit that much. Perhaps that was the only reason he tolerated being locked up inside his metaphorical prison for so long. Still as clever as Sawbones was he was no match for Hyde, no one was, intellectually speaking.

While the mother had been a simple matter of chemical persuasion, the father would need a different kind of encouragement. After all Aster had already been enamored by Sawbones, and his surgical abilities. Something Hyde lacked, though he didn't allow that to dissuade him from his usual overconfidence. While he could not be seen by Regulus until officially declared "rehabilitated" he could use an unwitting pawn. He mixed up another volatile chemical and compressed the substance into a gas, once exposed to this the pearlcatcher would find himself open to suggestion similarly to the way Aster had been after being exposed to the other substance.

Now all he need do was send the naive Beatrix in after mentioning his affection towards Ranna. She would promote him along with Aster whom he'd already conned a blessing out of. They would in turn convince Regulus that Ranna was best off with him, under the guise of him being Sawbones. It was perfect, and would lay the foundation for him to sidle in and charm the parents enough for their adoration and full support in his pursuit of Ranna.

Hyde slipped out a final time to place the second canister of gas, unnoticed by the silent clan around him. He set the timer and called Beatrix making sure to keep her talking until the hospital meal time. He hid his grin as she rushed off to retrieve the meals for Aster and Regulus.

Beatrix knocked at their room door, "are you two awake? It's Beatrix, I have breakfast for you both."
foto_1.png
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98