Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Under the knife (1x1)
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 97 98
He led he towards an empty room, "it's possible, though I'm sure she would want to sit and discuss a clan coexistence first, we have close ties to few outside clans though we do our best too have an open policy. We welcome travelers and encourage visitations for curiosity or intellectual betterment." He continued to walk a soft laugh escaping him at her question, "some of us do. Usually elemental magic but we a have a few mystics, spiritual leaders, and free form magicians." He pushed aside a soft cream colored, cotton curtain. "Here we are ma'am." The room itself was painted a pastel blue with a tall window showing the outside world. An elevated navy blue couch sat along the right wall, while the back wall was lined with a few medical tools on either side of the window. The left wall held a storage unit, and a series of shelves. "You'll be staying here while our physical therapist helps you regain your movement skills."

"I wouldn't expect you too, half of the time my students can't make heads nor tails of what I've written." He fell silent for a beat after Regulus asked his loaded question. The imperial's ears twitched in thought and when he did finally answer he was sincere. "Regulus I am not an unreasonable drake. I build and judge my world on fact, logic, and the cold confines of science. Quite frankly you have no need to ask for my forgiveness. But if it is what you seek my forgiveness is yours to ease to weight you carry, unnecessarily, on your mind." His expression darkened, "however when I get a hold of the perpetrators of the crimes against my child, it will not be forgiveness they seek, but mercy, and I will be sure they beg for it until their throats bleed."

"I am with child, and it is not within my rights to leave the father behind here in the mines. Nor will the contract allow for me freedom. Unless someone is willing to buy it off of the mine mistress I must stay here...I am not long for this world anyway, soon I will lay my clutch, then I am free to rejoin the Gladekeeper."
He led he towards an empty room, "it's possible, though I'm sure she would want to sit and discuss a clan coexistence first, we have close ties to few outside clans though we do our best too have an open policy. We welcome travelers and encourage visitations for curiosity or intellectual betterment." He continued to walk a soft laugh escaping him at her question, "some of us do. Usually elemental magic but we a have a few mystics, spiritual leaders, and free form magicians." He pushed aside a soft cream colored, cotton curtain. "Here we are ma'am." The room itself was painted a pastel blue with a tall window showing the outside world. An elevated navy blue couch sat along the right wall, while the back wall was lined with a few medical tools on either side of the window. The left wall held a storage unit, and a series of shelves. "You'll be staying here while our physical therapist helps you regain your movement skills."

"I wouldn't expect you too, half of the time my students can't make heads nor tails of what I've written." He fell silent for a beat after Regulus asked his loaded question. The imperial's ears twitched in thought and when he did finally answer he was sincere. "Regulus I am not an unreasonable drake. I build and judge my world on fact, logic, and the cold confines of science. Quite frankly you have no need to ask for my forgiveness. But if it is what you seek my forgiveness is yours to ease to weight you carry, unnecessarily, on your mind." His expression darkened, "however when I get a hold of the perpetrators of the crimes against my child, it will not be forgiveness they seek, but mercy, and I will be sure they beg for it until their throats bleed."

"I am with child, and it is not within my rights to leave the father behind here in the mines. Nor will the contract allow for me freedom. Unless someone is willing to buy it off of the mine mistress I must stay here...I am not long for this world anyway, soon I will lay my clutch, then I am free to rejoin the Gladekeeper."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Aster follows with little issue. "I'm sure Anduin and Regulus could arrange something. Though our clan diplomat is Menit." She says. "I see! Sorry for the assumption. I had thought somehow your clan would not perform magic." She says. "Do you perform any?" She asks curiously. She saw the sandstorm through the window as she passed the curtain. "Thank you Aneurysm." She says. She settled on the couch and looks at him. "Your clan lair is surprising. A whole sector devoted to medicinal purpose." She says. She looks around.

Regulus looks at him. "Archimedes. Then i am the one you should start with. It was my mistake that led us to him trading himself for my return." He looks at the ground. "If you do... i only ask that unlike the others... you make it swift." He took responsibility for what the slaver did. If he hadn't been so foolish... maybe... maybe things would be different. Sawbones happy, Ranna with him. Regulus let out a tear. It should be him in Sawbones position...

Ranna got a claw close to her. "You could live among my clan. Away from this. I understand your thoughts but... its not too late. They can help." Ranna says trying to comfort her.
Aster follows with little issue. "I'm sure Anduin and Regulus could arrange something. Though our clan diplomat is Menit." She says. "I see! Sorry for the assumption. I had thought somehow your clan would not perform magic." She says. "Do you perform any?" She asks curiously. She saw the sandstorm through the window as she passed the curtain. "Thank you Aneurysm." She says. She settled on the couch and looks at him. "Your clan lair is surprising. A whole sector devoted to medicinal purpose." She says. She looks around.

Regulus looks at him. "Archimedes. Then i am the one you should start with. It was my mistake that led us to him trading himself for my return." He looks at the ground. "If you do... i only ask that unlike the others... you make it swift." He took responsibility for what the slaver did. If he hadn't been so foolish... maybe... maybe things would be different. Sawbones happy, Ranna with him. Regulus let out a tear. It should be him in Sawbones position...

Ranna got a claw close to her. "You could live among my clan. Away from this. I understand your thoughts but... its not too late. They can help." Ranna says trying to comfort her.
"Me? Oh no, not really no, I only know a few very basic things. I can summon a magical barrier around one person for a short period of time, and I can tap into my natural plague reserves to crate a vile bolt. Beyond that I can't do anything noteworthy with magic. Don't worry about the assumption for the most part we are a scientific clan so magic isn't very common. The warriors are probably the most skilled out of us non practicing groups." He smiled at her comment, "odd for a plague clan right?"

Anurysm's smile wavered a bit as he delved into a bit of their history. "We were prompted to endeavor into medical discovery when a plague disciple attempted to sacrifice the kidnapped lord to the Plaguebringer by way of dropping him into the wyrmwound cauldron after having broken his wings and heavily drugged him. Mind you this was long before my time. Xenocrates was able to survive the fall but he did end up very nearly drowning in the liquid pestilence. He took so much into his lungs and stomach his natural defenses against disease were both strengthened and weakened. To this day Archimedes strives to find a way to cure him of the perpetual symptoms and side effects."
"Me? Oh no, not really no, I only know a few very basic things. I can summon a magical barrier around one person for a short period of time, and I can tap into my natural plague reserves to crate a vile bolt. Beyond that I can't do anything noteworthy with magic. Don't worry about the assumption for the most part we are a scientific clan so magic isn't very common. The warriors are probably the most skilled out of us non practicing groups." He smiled at her comment, "odd for a plague clan right?"

Anurysm's smile wavered a bit as he delved into a bit of their history. "We were prompted to endeavor into medical discovery when a plague disciple attempted to sacrifice the kidnapped lord to the Plaguebringer by way of dropping him into the wyrmwound cauldron after having broken his wings and heavily drugged him. Mind you this was long before my time. Xenocrates was able to survive the fall but he did end up very nearly drowning in the liquid pestilence. He took so much into his lungs and stomach his natural defenses against disease were both strengthened and weakened. To this day Archimedes strives to find a way to cure him of the perpetual symptoms and side effects."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Archimedes looked at him flatly his ears dropping in annoyance at having to reassure this pearlcatcher yet again that he wasn't cross with him. He ground his teeth and rose his left paw up as though he were about to strike the other male, and swung downwards stopping an inch from the othermale's muzzle and instead flicking his nose none to gently. It likely stung but it would do any permanent damage. "Consider yourself punished. Was it swift enough for you?" He lowered his paw again and snorted softly. "I will hear no more of how you blame yourself for the past few days events. So help me I will flood your brain with endorphins until you are forced into a state of uncontrollable euphoria."

The skydancer didn't have the chance to answer as footsteps could be heard coming towards them. Next thing to happen her chains were tugged forcefully sending the battered creature to the stone floor, she cried out but her pleas were ignored as she was hauled away until only silence was left in the cavern. Silence and the dancing shadows cast by the crude torch.
Archimedes looked at him flatly his ears dropping in annoyance at having to reassure this pearlcatcher yet again that he wasn't cross with him. He ground his teeth and rose his left paw up as though he were about to strike the other male, and swung downwards stopping an inch from the othermale's muzzle and instead flicking his nose none to gently. It likely stung but it would do any permanent damage. "Consider yourself punished. Was it swift enough for you?" He lowered his paw again and snorted softly. "I will hear no more of how you blame yourself for the past few days events. So help me I will flood your brain with endorphins until you are forced into a state of uncontrollable euphoria."

The skydancer didn't have the chance to answer as footsteps could be heard coming towards them. Next thing to happen her chains were tugged forcefully sending the battered creature to the stone floor, she cried out but her pleas were ignored as she was hauled away until only silence was left in the cavern. Silence and the dancing shadows cast by the crude torch.
foto_1.png
She smiled. "Some magic is better than no magic." She says. She looked at him kindly. "What's your studies on?" She asks curiously. He was an intern.. but studying what? She didn't think it was odd. "Not odd really. The plague clan isn't well known for magic i admit..."

"I do hope a cure is possible. Perhaps it is so simple it remains out of reach." She says. "I apologize for the negative topic though. Shall we change it?" She asks. Her mind returning to Ranna being missing... would she be ok? Were they finding clues? Where was Regulus? She calms herself a moment later though. "Can I help?" She asks.
She smiled. "Some magic is better than no magic." She says. She looked at him kindly. "What's your studies on?" She asks curiously. He was an intern.. but studying what? She didn't think it was odd. "Not odd really. The plague clan isn't well known for magic i admit..."

"I do hope a cure is possible. Perhaps it is so simple it remains out of reach." She says. "I apologize for the negative topic though. Shall we change it?" She asks. Her mind returning to Ranna being missing... would she be ok? Were they finding clues? Where was Regulus? She calms herself a moment later though. "Can I help?" She asks.
Regulus looked up at him. "Flood me?" He asks. Strange... "I only blame myself as he was not deserving Archimedes." He had expected something worse. "Do you understand why though?" He asks curiously. "I will not dwell... but... i can't help but feel i could have done more than i did... granted it controlled my will."

Ranna roared. "Leave her be!" She says to the unseen force. She would aid her... like her father would or mother. She looks at the shadows. She felt awful for her... that poor dragon... she looked at the torch dancing as it burned. Her orange eyes shining.
Regulus looked up at him. "Flood me?" He asks. Strange... "I only blame myself as he was not deserving Archimedes." He had expected something worse. "Do you understand why though?" He asks curiously. "I will not dwell... but... i can't help but feel i could have done more than i did... granted it controlled my will."

Ranna roared. "Leave her be!" She says to the unseen force. She would aid her... like her father would or mother. She looks at the shadows. She felt awful for her... that poor dragon... she looked at the torch dancing as it burned. Her orange eyes shining.
Aneurysm shook his head "not that I can think of, but he is stable and otherwise healthy and happy, well as happy as a heartbroken drake can be. See the one whom he loves doesn't share the same feeling, viewing our poor lord as a close friend or brother but nothing more." He smiled again, "love is ludicrously complicated, and yet more tantalizing than anything else in the world. My sister would call me a sap but I believe that there really is nothing more powerful than that one emotion."

Archimedes nodded slowly, "I understand more than you could ever know. But I've also had to harden myself to the doubt and guilt that comes with watching someone fall while you still stand. Perhaps there was something else you could have tried or done but there is no use wasting time or thought on it. What's done is done. We must now look ahead towards a solution, it is simply the way of the world."
Aneurysm shook his head "not that I can think of, but he is stable and otherwise healthy and happy, well as happy as a heartbroken drake can be. See the one whom he loves doesn't share the same feeling, viewing our poor lord as a close friend or brother but nothing more." He smiled again, "love is ludicrously complicated, and yet more tantalizing than anything else in the world. My sister would call me a sap but I believe that there really is nothing more powerful than that one emotion."

Archimedes nodded slowly, "I understand more than you could ever know. But I've also had to harden myself to the doubt and guilt that comes with watching someone fall while you still stand. Perhaps there was something else you could have tried or done but there is no use wasting time or thought on it. What's done is done. We must now look ahead towards a solution, it is simply the way of the world."
foto_1.png
"That's good. Hopefully he finds one to love beside the one who rejects him. As for your sister? So be it." She says smiling. "I only hope everyone finds happiness somehow and Some day." Aster says. She looked at him. "Any luck for a mate?" She asks teasingly.

Regulus would nod but couldn't. "You are right. But i cannot help it. I shall help however i can though." He says. "For Sawbones and you sir." He looks at him. " Try and repair him Archimedes. Anyway possible. You already will i can tell. But don't let them win."
"That's good. Hopefully he finds one to love beside the one who rejects him. As for your sister? So be it." She says smiling. "I only hope everyone finds happiness somehow and Some day." Aster says. She looked at him. "Any luck for a mate?" She asks teasingly.

Regulus would nod but couldn't. "You are right. But i cannot help it. I shall help however i can though." He says. "For Sawbones and you sir." He looks at him. " Try and repair him Archimedes. Anyway possible. You already will i can tell. But don't let them win."
(Thanks for the surprise gift! Messages aren't sending sorry)
(Thanks for the surprise gift! Messages aren't sending sorry)
You're welcome :3)

"With all due respect you haven't met either of them, our lord is stubborn and the drake of his affections usually bends to his will, regardless of their occasionally outlandish, nature. One will keep working at the other mostly content with friendship, while the other will continue to behave like the perfect brother and friend letting his lord get away with just about everything." He smirked shaking his head, their relationship always managing to make him laugh. "No, not yet. No time either. I spend virtually every waking moment here helping out or with Sawbones learning to work as a surgeon."

Archimedes gave his a dark grin, "I don't indent to allow them to have any sense of victory, any more than I intend for their deaths to me painless and swift. I will help my child to the very best of my ability."
You're welcome :3)

"With all due respect you haven't met either of them, our lord is stubborn and the drake of his affections usually bends to his will, regardless of their occasionally outlandish, nature. One will keep working at the other mostly content with friendship, while the other will continue to behave like the perfect brother and friend letting his lord get away with just about everything." He smirked shaking his head, their relationship always managing to make him laugh. "No, not yet. No time either. I spend virtually every waking moment here helping out or with Sawbones learning to work as a surgeon."

Archimedes gave his a dark grin, "I don't indent to allow them to have any sense of victory, any more than I intend for their deaths to me painless and swift. I will help my child to the very best of my ability."
foto_1.png
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 97 98