Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Under the knife (1x1)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98
"Who is Archimedes?" Regulus asks. "Well I'm sure you can help with things beyond that." He says smiling. "Behind a bodyguard anyway." He pauses a moment. "You have modified genetics?" How so? If I may ask." He looks interested. "Those who cannot be helped... but that won't happen to Aster. Right? No way.. she'll be ok and dancing again." He fidgets with his pearl. "Doesn't that experimentation harm you though? I mean they surely cause mutations and such right?" She had his attention though she may need to try and keep him awake. He obviously didn't want to collapse on her during her explanations.

Aster in the operating room had fallen asleep as he operated. She had been awake but didn't speak due to the pain. She didn't know that her operation was underway and Sawbones was working on removing the tumor from her brain, though he hadn't yet made his move as studied it's location and size. No wonder Regulus was worried though... Aster was his mate and a beautiful skydancer at that... having her in this much pain probably made him feel awful..
"Who is Archimedes?" Regulus asks. "Well I'm sure you can help with things beyond that." He says smiling. "Behind a bodyguard anyway." He pauses a moment. "You have modified genetics?" How so? If I may ask." He looks interested. "Those who cannot be helped... but that won't happen to Aster. Right? No way.. she'll be ok and dancing again." He fidgets with his pearl. "Doesn't that experimentation harm you though? I mean they surely cause mutations and such right?" She had his attention though she may need to try and keep him awake. He obviously didn't want to collapse on her during her explanations.

Aster in the operating room had fallen asleep as he operated. She had been awake but didn't speak due to the pain. She didn't know that her operation was underway and Sawbones was working on removing the tumor from her brain, though he hadn't yet made his move as studied it's location and size. No wonder Regulus was worried though... Aster was his mate and a beautiful skydancer at that... having her in this much pain probably made him feel awful..
"I was abducted during my first winter, and experimented on." She held up an arm showing him the scars from when she had been dissected to allow for bone enhancements. "My genetics are in a constant state of mutation, just as my cells are rapidly being replaced. They consume themselves as they mutate leaving no way for a genetic rut to form. Any mutations caused by the toxins are no more detrimental than those I undergo hourly." When he mentioned his mate she shifted slightly, "I do not feel emotions the way you do, but I understand you are deeply attached to your mate. I will not offer a definitive answer, for the future is a chain of events I do not have the ability to see. However I can offer you this in hopes of easing your mind, the doctor has preformed this particular surgery multiple time before with success. She is under the care of our top surgeon, he will do every thing within his ability to help her." She turned he masked face to look directly at him, or at least to indicate to him that she was looking at him. "You said she dances? An admirable feat, I am sure she is quite dazzling. I believe I once had dreams of being a beautiful dancer, those dreams will not be a reality but I suppose it is the only shred of whomever I was, and was to be before the operations. Did your children inherit the aesthetically pleasing physique you both share?" She tried her hand at polite conversation to ease the male's troubled mind.
"I was abducted during my first winter, and experimented on." She held up an arm showing him the scars from when she had been dissected to allow for bone enhancements. "My genetics are in a constant state of mutation, just as my cells are rapidly being replaced. They consume themselves as they mutate leaving no way for a genetic rut to form. Any mutations caused by the toxins are no more detrimental than those I undergo hourly." When he mentioned his mate she shifted slightly, "I do not feel emotions the way you do, but I understand you are deeply attached to your mate. I will not offer a definitive answer, for the future is a chain of events I do not have the ability to see. However I can offer you this in hopes of easing your mind, the doctor has preformed this particular surgery multiple time before with success. She is under the care of our top surgeon, he will do every thing within his ability to help her." She turned he masked face to look directly at him, or at least to indicate to him that she was looking at him. "You said she dances? An admirable feat, I am sure she is quite dazzling. I believe I once had dreams of being a beautiful dancer, those dreams will not be a reality but I suppose it is the only shred of whomever I was, and was to be before the operations. Did your children inherit the aesthetically pleasing physique you both share?" She tried her hand at polite conversation to ease the male's troubled mind.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Regulus put a wing behind her and a claw on her shoulder trying to comfort her. "Im... I'm sorry that happened... you told me your story I'll tell mine." He used magic to make scars appear on his face. "When I was only a hatchling bursting with curiosity... I read an ancient scroll... my clan elder found out and tried blinding me thinking I would use the magic later in life... she failed. And I was sent to me exalted but I fled into exile. Eventually Anduin our leader here, took me in. I unfortunately have a fear of guardian dragons and I refuse to go anywhere near Starfall Isles... I still carry the psychological scars though..." He says ending the spell and the scars vanish. "Anduin's been trying to help me overcome my fear." He stops a moment. "She indeed dances. As do our daughters. Our sons though much like our daughters have our looks, but do not dance. Thank you for reassuring me.. I trust him... I'm just worried." He admits. "You know.. when she recovers. She can teach you how to dance. She takes anyone in who has interest." He says trying to reassure her. He looks at her directly, as if seeing a dragon not an experiment. "The experiments were awful I imagine, and will haunt you... but you're hear and one day... vengeance will fall upon the scientists. Or justice..." He says with a very meaningful tone.
Regulus put a wing behind her and a claw on her shoulder trying to comfort her. "Im... I'm sorry that happened... you told me your story I'll tell mine." He used magic to make scars appear on his face. "When I was only a hatchling bursting with curiosity... I read an ancient scroll... my clan elder found out and tried blinding me thinking I would use the magic later in life... she failed. And I was sent to me exalted but I fled into exile. Eventually Anduin our leader here, took me in. I unfortunately have a fear of guardian dragons and I refuse to go anywhere near Starfall Isles... I still carry the psychological scars though..." He says ending the spell and the scars vanish. "Anduin's been trying to help me overcome my fear." He stops a moment. "She indeed dances. As do our daughters. Our sons though much like our daughters have our looks, but do not dance. Thank you for reassuring me.. I trust him... I'm just worried." He admits. "You know.. when she recovers. She can teach you how to dance. She takes anyone in who has interest." He says trying to reassure her. He looks at her directly, as if seeing a dragon not an experiment. "The experiments were awful I imagine, and will haunt you... but you're hear and one day... vengeance will fall upon the scientists. Or justice..." He says with a very meaningful tone.
She winced slightly as his paw landed on her shoulder, and swallowed thickly. "The revenge was mine to take, twenty-five years of experimentation made me into a monster. They were not hard to pick off one by one. My only regret for my actions was I did not have the patience to make them endure the pain and suffering I did at length." She exhaled evenly, "I am thankful for the offer but I fear I must decline. A am no longer capable of fluid movements like dance without severing my own skin. Not many would be interested in a bloody dancer. On the other hand I do hope your children are quite happy in their occupations. As I have learned to find within mine."

Sawbones worked quickly, if she lost too much blood she'd need a transfusion. He switched out the scalpel and rubber gloves for a set of sterilized diamond sharp claw enhancements. His fingers far more nimble that a common tempered blade he reached in to her skull and delicately removed the tumor. Making sure it had been entirely removed to minimize the chance of a recurrence. He sealed the piece of bone back into place carefully making sure to apply the brackets so they would not cause any more pain that she would already be in. He stitched the flesh back together and ran his thumb over the seam, it would leave a small scar but it wold be mostly hidden by her mane. After cleaning and bandaging up her wound he put away his medical equipment and slipped out the door shutting it behind him so she could rest comfortably, or as comfortably as possible. "I've concluded the surgery, now it is a matter of waiting for her to come too."
She winced slightly as his paw landed on her shoulder, and swallowed thickly. "The revenge was mine to take, twenty-five years of experimentation made me into a monster. They were not hard to pick off one by one. My only regret for my actions was I did not have the patience to make them endure the pain and suffering I did at length." She exhaled evenly, "I am thankful for the offer but I fear I must decline. A am no longer capable of fluid movements like dance without severing my own skin. Not many would be interested in a bloody dancer. On the other hand I do hope your children are quite happy in their occupations. As I have learned to find within mine."

Sawbones worked quickly, if she lost too much blood she'd need a transfusion. He switched out the scalpel and rubber gloves for a set of sterilized diamond sharp claw enhancements. His fingers far more nimble that a common tempered blade he reached in to her skull and delicately removed the tumor. Making sure it had been entirely removed to minimize the chance of a recurrence. He sealed the piece of bone back into place carefully making sure to apply the brackets so they would not cause any more pain that she would already be in. He stitched the flesh back together and ran his thumb over the seam, it would leave a small scar but it wold be mostly hidden by her mane. After cleaning and bandaging up her wound he put away his medical equipment and slipped out the door shutting it behind him so she could rest comfortably, or as comfortably as possible. "I've concluded the surgery, now it is a matter of waiting for her to come too."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
"Then you achieved some form of closure. And you took a better approach. You didn't make yourself like them." He says. "Vendetta. If I could try to somehow find a spell to seal your stitches would you use it and follow the dream? I only ask because then you can look back on the scientists and say. I'm still the hatchling you stole. Only, you didn't break me." He says looking at her. "My offspring are pleased and happy with their roles. But are you?" He seemed to truly care. And he didn't even know her.

"Thank you Doctor Sawbones. I feared none would come. Please come with me to the library. I'll pay you there and you may use my office to sleep tonight. It's the cooler side of the cave, but warm enough you won't chill. You can't imagine how grateful we are." He says gesturing for them to follow.

Aster remained at rest. For once since the tumor formed she had a good night's sleep. It didn't hurt. She slept peacefully after the operation.
"Then you achieved some form of closure. And you took a better approach. You didn't make yourself like them." He says. "Vendetta. If I could try to somehow find a spell to seal your stitches would you use it and follow the dream? I only ask because then you can look back on the scientists and say. I'm still the hatchling you stole. Only, you didn't break me." He says looking at her. "My offspring are pleased and happy with their roles. But are you?" He seemed to truly care. And he didn't even know her.

"Thank you Doctor Sawbones. I feared none would come. Please come with me to the library. I'll pay you there and you may use my office to sleep tonight. It's the cooler side of the cave, but warm enough you won't chill. You can't imagine how grateful we are." He says gesturing for them to follow.

Aster remained at rest. For once since the tumor formed she had a good night's sleep. It didn't hurt. She slept peacefully after the operation.
She thought on his offer for a moment. "No. If given the opportunity to change I can't say that I would. I am not the hatchling they stole from the snow, I am someone new. Someone who cannot be broken. My past and my life are what molded me. My job may not be one of apparent joy, but it is one that I take pride in. I may bleed when my movements come to suddenly, but each drop of my blood, and fiber of my being has or will be used to save the lives of others." She placed a hand atop his shoulder. "Your offer was truly kind, and I am thankful. But I believe this life I've made is one that is truly mine." Vendetta turned to face the doctor when he exited, Archimedes was rightfully proud, he himself may have been to young to be imagined as a father but he had done a marvelous job of training the boy in science.

"Your hospitality in much appreciated. I'm glad I received your scroll on time, I'd like to check on her in the morning, to make sure she'll be alright." The two followed him quietly Vendetta stopping by the entryway. Sawbones looked around, "it's been quite a while since I spent a night in a cave. We have buildings back in our clan." He mused quietly.
She thought on his offer for a moment. "No. If given the opportunity to change I can't say that I would. I am not the hatchling they stole from the snow, I am someone new. Someone who cannot be broken. My past and my life are what molded me. My job may not be one of apparent joy, but it is one that I take pride in. I may bleed when my movements come to suddenly, but each drop of my blood, and fiber of my being has or will be used to save the lives of others." She placed a hand atop his shoulder. "Your offer was truly kind, and I am thankful. But I believe this life I've made is one that is truly mine." Vendetta turned to face the doctor when he exited, Archimedes was rightfully proud, he himself may have been to young to be imagined as a father but he had done a marvelous job of training the boy in science.

"Your hospitality in much appreciated. I'm glad I received your scroll on time, I'd like to check on her in the morning, to make sure she'll be alright." The two followed him quietly Vendetta stopping by the entryway. Sawbones looked around, "it's been quite a while since I spent a night in a cave. We have buildings back in our clan." He mused quietly.
foto_1.png
Regulus nods. "I thought id offer. Especially to a dragon in viewed as needing a chance." He says smiling a little. "I understand how your past molded you. As mine has molded me. Despite wanting to forget." He sighs. "You are indeed a self less dragon Vendetta. Don't let others say otherwise." He says feeling her claw on his shoulder. He understood what she meant clearly and respected her choice. "Perhaps.. but perhaps one day that childhood dream won't be just that you know? Just an aspiration for you." He says honestly.

He looks at Sawbones. "I'm glad you received it too. Any later I fear she wouldn't be there..." He says. "Of course take as long as you need doctor. You know more about these things than I ever would." He admits. "Sorry it's a cave.. we haven't had any dragon volunteer to build anything." He admits. "But the library interior is like a building. I assure you." He says showing them inside. There were tables, cushions, chairs. And an endless sea of bookshelves... "my office is over here." He says walking to a hidden room.
Regulus nods. "I thought id offer. Especially to a dragon in viewed as needing a chance." He says smiling a little. "I understand how your past molded you. As mine has molded me. Despite wanting to forget." He sighs. "You are indeed a self less dragon Vendetta. Don't let others say otherwise." He says feeling her claw on his shoulder. He understood what she meant clearly and respected her choice. "Perhaps.. but perhaps one day that childhood dream won't be just that you know? Just an aspiration for you." He says honestly.

He looks at Sawbones. "I'm glad you received it too. Any later I fear she wouldn't be there..." He says. "Of course take as long as you need doctor. You know more about these things than I ever would." He admits. "Sorry it's a cave.. we haven't had any dragon volunteer to build anything." He admits. "But the library interior is like a building. I assure you." He says showing them inside. There were tables, cushions, chairs. And an endless sea of bookshelves... "my office is over here." He says walking to a hidden room.
"I meant no disrespect, I was born in a cave. I spent my first nine years in that cave too. I've just been in building for so long it's odd not seeing dragonmade walls." Vendetta stayed silent as they followed him to the office taking mental note of the passages, corridors, and doorways. There may not have been any eminent threat but cushion was always first and foremost. She only spoke up after surveying the library. "Astor would love to see this. We trade books every so often, and I'm almost certain he's read every book within the stronghold's library." Beyond that she stayed silent as a stone.
"I meant no disrespect, I was born in a cave. I spent my first nine years in that cave too. I've just been in building for so long it's odd not seeing dragonmade walls." Vendetta stayed silent as they followed him to the office taking mental note of the passages, corridors, and doorways. There may not have been any eminent threat but cushion was always first and foremost. She only spoke up after surveying the library. "Astor would love to see this. We trade books every so often, and I'm almost certain he's read every book within the stronghold's library." Beyond that she stayed silent as a stone.
foto_1.png
"I know you didn't mean disrespect. I just want you both to be comfortable." He says. He opens the door to his office there were beds in it. "I hope it's not too bad for you both." He says. There was a one way window, a desk covered in books and papers, a vent for fresh air and the control to the secret door. "He is very welcome to come and investigate my books. I have three rare ones over there. Detailing the life of the ancient imperial king Azazel. I wrote the third and final one." He says smiling.
"I know you didn't mean disrespect. I just want you both to be comfortable." He says. He opens the door to his office there were beds in it. "I hope it's not too bad for you both." He says. There was a one way window, a desk covered in books and papers, a vent for fresh air and the control to the secret door. "He is very welcome to come and investigate my books. I have three rare ones over there. Detailing the life of the ancient imperial king Azazel. I wrote the third and final one." He says smiling.
She nodded, "an impressive achievement." Sawbones put a knuckle between his teeth to stifle a yawn, "apologies sir I'm quite drained after the flight over. Thank you very much for the beds. Vendetta nodded her agreement taking the one nearest to the window, she settled on the cushion the way a bird might a branch, resting over her feet and tucking in her arms. She curled her neck and tucked her head against her chest going perfectly still again. Sawbones glanced at her and shook his head lightly, few were as eerie as Vendetta. He bid their host goodnight and implored him to get some rest, he removed his coat and folded it neatly before settling on the slightly too small bed he curled up to fit and soon fell into a dreamless, **** induced slumber.
She nodded, "an impressive achievement." Sawbones put a knuckle between his teeth to stifle a yawn, "apologies sir I'm quite drained after the flight over. Thank you very much for the beds. Vendetta nodded her agreement taking the one nearest to the window, she settled on the cushion the way a bird might a branch, resting over her feet and tucking in her arms. She curled her neck and tucked her head against her chest going perfectly still again. Sawbones glanced at her and shook his head lightly, few were as eerie as Vendetta. He bid their host goodnight and implored him to get some rest, he removed his coat and folded it neatly before settling on the slightly too small bed he curled up to fit and soon fell into a dreamless, **** induced slumber.
foto_1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98