Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Under the knife (1x1)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98
@Residentlunatic

Here we are. Should I start or you?
@Residentlunatic

Here we are. Should I start or you?
I'll start :)
I'll start :)
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Alright :) thanks
Alright :) thanks
I forgot to mention Archimedes is the only one who knows about Sawbones' disorder)

The bustling halls of the medical pavilion fell silent as the well used claws of the Vendetta clacked against the sterile marble tiles. Gripped in her hand was a scroll not of plague origin, doctors and patients alike cowered away in fear of the steely gaze they could not see so much as feel. Her voice was smooth, clear, and crisp as she reached their head surgeon. "A message for doctor Adonis Sawbones. Your surgical knowledge is required to save the life of a foreign clan. A tumor previously believed benign has turned malignant, unless it is removed death is immanent." Mostly unperturbed by the lack of emotion in her speech the surgeon took the scroll and read the particulars. "I see. Kindly have Laceration pack my equipment, I'll prepare for the journey right away. Thank you Vendetta." She nodded stiffly, "I shall accompany you to your destination to prevent any mishaps along the way. I am ready to depart just as soon as you are."
I forgot to mention Archimedes is the only one who knows about Sawbones' disorder)

The bustling halls of the medical pavilion fell silent as the well used claws of the Vendetta clacked against the sterile marble tiles. Gripped in her hand was a scroll not of plague origin, doctors and patients alike cowered away in fear of the steely gaze they could not see so much as feel. Her voice was smooth, clear, and crisp as she reached their head surgeon. "A message for doctor Adonis Sawbones. Your surgical knowledge is required to save the life of a foreign clan. A tumor previously believed benign has turned malignant, unless it is removed death is immanent." Mostly unperturbed by the lack of emotion in her speech the surgeon took the scroll and read the particulars. "I see. Kindly have Laceration pack my equipment, I'll prepare for the journey right away. Thank you Vendetta." She nodded stiffly, "I shall accompany you to your destination to prevent any mishaps along the way. I am ready to depart just as soon as you are."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Aster didn't have medical issues before... everyone thought Regulus would be the one to develop such an ailment... how was it her? She was the clan dancer and nothing like this had occured. She was also Regulus's mate. Due to Regulus getting stressed he had sent the scroll to any doctor willing to help. Though he himself was no longer able to keep his calm demeanor. Her family was around her but Regulus needed breaks every now and again. They all feared their last hope, Adonis Sawbone would decline their request. Everyone of the clan was worried and it showed. If Aster perished, none would be the same...

(That's ok :) sorry my reply is shorter than yours :(
Aster didn't have medical issues before... everyone thought Regulus would be the one to develop such an ailment... how was it her? She was the clan dancer and nothing like this had occured. She was also Regulus's mate. Due to Regulus getting stressed he had sent the scroll to any doctor willing to help. Though he himself was no longer able to keep his calm demeanor. Her family was around her but Regulus needed breaks every now and again. They all feared their last hope, Adonis Sawbone would decline their request. Everyone of the clan was worried and it showed. If Aster perished, none would be the same...

(That's ok :) sorry my reply is shorter than yours :(
That's alright :3)

Sawbones slipped a bottle of capsules into his coat pocket, they would help to contain him. He took his roll of surgical tools and tucked them into an inside pocket so they could not be lost in transit. "Come Vendetta, we must hurry I fear others before me had been contacted and had declined due to the delicate nature of the operating field they were presented with." She said nothing finding no need for her own input to the situation. She fanned out her wings once they were outside, unlike the majority of her former race Vendetta's wings were large and more than capable of supporting her weight during flight.

The trip had been longer than expected due to a sudden storm but they reached the clan in question before dusk. Vendetta landed first surveying the area with deadly precision. "The area is clear doctor I suggest we locate the patient and get out of this weather. Unlike myself you are susceptible to cold induced illness, despite your plague background." He landed and folded his wings sharply. "Astute as per the norm. Hullo, anyone about? I'm here in response to a letter about a patient with a malignant tumor where might I find her?"
That's alright :3)

Sawbones slipped a bottle of capsules into his coat pocket, they would help to contain him. He took his roll of surgical tools and tucked them into an inside pocket so they could not be lost in transit. "Come Vendetta, we must hurry I fear others before me had been contacted and had declined due to the delicate nature of the operating field they were presented with." She said nothing finding no need for her own input to the situation. She fanned out her wings once they were outside, unlike the majority of her former race Vendetta's wings were large and more than capable of supporting her weight during flight.

The trip had been longer than expected due to a sudden storm but they reached the clan in question before dusk. Vendetta landed first surveying the area with deadly precision. "The area is clear doctor I suggest we locate the patient and get out of this weather. Unlike myself you are susceptible to cold induced illness, despite your plague background." He landed and folded his wings sharply. "Astute as per the norm. Hullo, anyone about? I'm here in response to a letter about a patient with a malignant tumor where might I find her?"
foto_1.png
Regulus heard the greeting and rushes out almost falling over himself. "Sorry friends. Yes thank you for coming. Please follow me. I'm the patients mate. I'm Regulus. We are extremely grateful you arrived. None responded or accepted our letters. We feared she may perish." He says. "Please come in. She's not far. And the storm will make you ill. The rain is frequently mixed with ash from the great furnace." He says gesturing them to come in.

Aster's and Regulus offspring leave the room seeing Regulus return and mentioning a surgeon. Once gone he emerged. "This way please." He says again nearly falling over himself. He hasn't slept it seems... and he seemed beyond stressed... "I know this isn't a medicinal center but we feared moving her to the still in construction medical wing would have made things worse. We only have a medic here..." He admits. "My son is training to be a doctor elsewhere."
Regulus heard the greeting and rushes out almost falling over himself. "Sorry friends. Yes thank you for coming. Please follow me. I'm the patients mate. I'm Regulus. We are extremely grateful you arrived. None responded or accepted our letters. We feared she may perish." He says. "Please come in. She's not far. And the storm will make you ill. The rain is frequently mixed with ash from the great furnace." He says gesturing them to come in.

Aster's and Regulus offspring leave the room seeing Regulus return and mentioning a surgeon. Once gone he emerged. "This way please." He says again nearly falling over himself. He hasn't slept it seems... and he seemed beyond stressed... "I know this isn't a medicinal center but we feared moving her to the still in construction medical wing would have made things worse. We only have a medic here..." He admits. "My son is training to be a doctor elsewhere."
"This will do just fine, her life is more important than my momentary comfort. Our clan has personally devoted itself to medicinal endeavors. I give you my word as a surgeon I'll do all in my power to save her. I must ask you to leave though, the brain is a delicate organ the slightest thing could cause irreversible damage to her. Vendetta here will stand by the door if you wish to remain outside. She will prevent anyone from entering or contaminating the air." He pulled his tools as well as several bottles of fluids from inside pockets of his coat he pulled on a pair of sterile gloves and an operating mask modified for a ridgeback male.

Vendetta walked towards the door calmly, "the fear for your mate's health should be minimal. Doctor Sawbones is a very effective surgeon. His patients have survival rates withing the upper nineties to one-hundred." She placed herself in front of the door sealing it shut after the pearlcatcher had exited the room. She went still as she took on the role of sentry.
"This will do just fine, her life is more important than my momentary comfort. Our clan has personally devoted itself to medicinal endeavors. I give you my word as a surgeon I'll do all in my power to save her. I must ask you to leave though, the brain is a delicate organ the slightest thing could cause irreversible damage to her. Vendetta here will stand by the door if you wish to remain outside. She will prevent anyone from entering or contaminating the air." He pulled his tools as well as several bottles of fluids from inside pockets of his coat he pulled on a pair of sterile gloves and an operating mask modified for a ridgeback male.

Vendetta walked towards the door calmly, "the fear for your mate's health should be minimal. Doctor Sawbones is a very effective surgeon. His patients have survival rates withing the upper nineties to one-hundred." She placed herself in front of the door sealing it shut after the pearlcatcher had exited the room. She went still as she took on the role of sentry.
foto_1.png
Regulus nods at Sawbones. He looked ready to collapse... "you have a very noble clan then my friend." He says. "Please do everything you can. I understand why I must leave. Thank you again. And I shall be right outside." He says before exiting the room. He himself may get a tumor from this... him or Ranna his daughter who barely left her mother's side. He runs a claw through his mane obviously worried.

"That's an excellent percentage rate. But I cannot help but worry friend. Vendetta right?" He looks at her go still as if she were a statue. His eyes showed exhaustion. "Sorry I'm staring... I can't focus tonight..." He stumbles slightly. "How long have you and the doctor practiced medicine?" He asks trying to create a conversation so he may stay awake.
Regulus nods at Sawbones. He looked ready to collapse... "you have a very noble clan then my friend." He says. "Please do everything you can. I understand why I must leave. Thank you again. And I shall be right outside." He says before exiting the room. He himself may get a tumor from this... him or Ranna his daughter who barely left her mother's side. He runs a claw through his mane obviously worried.

"That's an excellent percentage rate. But I cannot help but worry friend. Vendetta right?" He looks at her go still as if she were a statue. His eyes showed exhaustion. "Sorry I'm staring... I can't focus tonight..." He stumbles slightly. "How long have you and the doctor practiced medicine?" He asks trying to create a conversation so he may stay awake.
"The doctor has practiced medicine from boyhood. He is the ward of Archimedes, frontier geneticist. I myself have no experience treating the ailments of your kind, I act as an enforcer to protect our medical minds when they are beyond the borders of our home. My greatest contribution to medicine would be my part in the formulas used to created vaccinations." She paused to make sure he was still following given his exhaustion, she had no desire to speak to the open air. "My altered genetics are utilized most frequently to test formulas before they reach your kind. I am incapable of falling ill or being poisoned, but the reaction found within my cells acts as an indicator of the effectiveness or lack there of within of the treatment. I am also used to test pesticides, poisons, and neurotoxins to be administered to those in great pain who cannot be helped. A merciful alternative to the death a disease would offer."

Sawbones took one of the ***** for good measure to protect himself and his patient against the monster that freed itself from his mind upon the midnight hour. He administered an anesthetic with a blood thinner, and checked the sterility of his scalpel before beginning the operation using a sterilized iron bowl as a blood pan. Removing the necessary section of skull. The tumor was small no larger than a tuna's eye, and yet the pressure it placed on the brain was enough to kill. It had grown in an unfortunately difficult to reach section of the brain. He glared at it silently, he gave them his word, and he intended to keep it.
"The doctor has practiced medicine from boyhood. He is the ward of Archimedes, frontier geneticist. I myself have no experience treating the ailments of your kind, I act as an enforcer to protect our medical minds when they are beyond the borders of our home. My greatest contribution to medicine would be my part in the formulas used to created vaccinations." She paused to make sure he was still following given his exhaustion, she had no desire to speak to the open air. "My altered genetics are utilized most frequently to test formulas before they reach your kind. I am incapable of falling ill or being poisoned, but the reaction found within my cells acts as an indicator of the effectiveness or lack there of within of the treatment. I am also used to test pesticides, poisons, and neurotoxins to be administered to those in great pain who cannot be helped. A merciful alternative to the death a disease would offer."

Sawbones took one of the ***** for good measure to protect himself and his patient against the monster that freed itself from his mind upon the midnight hour. He administered an anesthetic with a blood thinner, and checked the sterility of his scalpel before beginning the operation using a sterilized iron bowl as a blood pan. Removing the necessary section of skull. The tumor was small no larger than a tuna's eye, and yet the pressure it placed on the brain was enough to kill. It had grown in an unfortunately difficult to reach section of the brain. He glared at it silently, he gave them his word, and he intended to keep it.
foto_1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98