Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Smooth Sailing (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Richard emerges from below deck and stands looking over the sea. He looks for any ships. Seeing that Echo or rather Miss Davies was busy he kept to himself. He had developed either using first names or surnames over nicknames from his time in the royal navy. And it wasn't easy to break, despite that he already abandoned any form of uniform for more common attire. He listens to the navigator speak to her. He himself barely understood maps being a gunner most of his career. But he was far from a simple man. Though the ego of this man was enough to displease him. Though he never understood how he was found by a dragon born and other hybrid like beings. Than again... there were many uncharted lands.

He sees the young recruit trying to speak to the quartermaster about something briefly before turning his attention back to the sea. Maybe Miss Davies would like some target practice to avoid getting rusty at it. Not that a dragon born could. But it didn't hurt to keep practice. With that thought he went below deck abs returned with a musket. The cannons were clean the powder ready, he was just cleaning this one musket though to keep himself occupied.
Richard emerges from below deck and stands looking over the sea. He looks for any ships. Seeing that Echo or rather Miss Davies was busy he kept to himself. He had developed either using first names or surnames over nicknames from his time in the royal navy. And it wasn't easy to break, despite that he already abandoned any form of uniform for more common attire. He listens to the navigator speak to her. He himself barely understood maps being a gunner most of his career. But he was far from a simple man. Though the ego of this man was enough to displease him. Though he never understood how he was found by a dragon born and other hybrid like beings. Than again... there were many uncharted lands.

He sees the young recruit trying to speak to the quartermaster about something briefly before turning his attention back to the sea. Maybe Miss Davies would like some target practice to avoid getting rusty at it. Not that a dragon born could. But it didn't hurt to keep practice. With that thought he went below deck abs returned with a musket. The cannons were clean the powder ready, he was just cleaning this one musket though to keep himself occupied.
She arched a brow at the two of them sending a silent prayer to what ever sea deity that had brought her into existence, that their captain would recover from his head injury soon. Echo looked over the map, "I suppose this blunder shall serve as a blessing in disguise. We'll dock on the island to replenish our supplies. She dismissed him turning her attention to the girl, "Aryll was it?" She paused "a promotion eh? Sure." She handed the girl a worn spyglass, "I as acting captain here-by promote you to the rank of look out. It is your duty to watch for approaching ships, stranded seafarers, and the like. Are you up to the task?" She knew it wasn't much a a real promotion but it gave the girl a real job, that would benefit the ship as well.

She looked out over the deck spotting Richard their gunner, he was a polite man, quite formal due to his time in the Navy. She however could appreciate and respect that. She enjoyed his company on occasion. Shooting targets or reviewing the artillery, she felt at peace in his company. Likely because he gave her the least amount of trouble on the ship.
She arched a brow at the two of them sending a silent prayer to what ever sea deity that had brought her into existence, that their captain would recover from his head injury soon. Echo looked over the map, "I suppose this blunder shall serve as a blessing in disguise. We'll dock on the island to replenish our supplies. She dismissed him turning her attention to the girl, "Aryll was it?" She paused "a promotion eh? Sure." She handed the girl a worn spyglass, "I as acting captain here-by promote you to the rank of look out. It is your duty to watch for approaching ships, stranded seafarers, and the like. Are you up to the task?" She knew it wasn't much a a real promotion but it gave the girl a real job, that would benefit the ship as well.

She looked out over the deck spotting Richard their gunner, he was a polite man, quite formal due to his time in the Navy. She however could appreciate and respect that. She enjoyed his company on occasion. Shooting targets or reviewing the artillery, she felt at peace in his company. Likely because he gave her the least amount of trouble on the ship.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Richard continues to clean the musket occasionally checking to see if the sights were lined correctly before setting the stock on the deck and holding it up. He didn't know that Echo was looking over at him. As he sat there he ran through everything. The cannons, the powder, the rams, cannonballs. As the gunner on board he was in charge of the armaments on the ship and due to his time in the Navy he constantly checked to see if it all was usable. Last thing the shop needed was a backfire from a cannon destroying the broadside and anyone unfortunate enough to be both below and on deck where the cannon exploded. He didn't have a hat or anything but he looked on the horizon. No ships from what he could see. Though if there were no doubt someone here would want to try and gain it's loot.
Richard continues to clean the musket occasionally checking to see if the sights were lined correctly before setting the stock on the deck and holding it up. He didn't know that Echo was looking over at him. As he sat there he ran through everything. The cannons, the powder, the rams, cannonballs. As the gunner on board he was in charge of the armaments on the ship and due to his time in the Navy he constantly checked to see if it all was usable. Last thing the shop needed was a backfire from a cannon destroying the broadside and anyone unfortunate enough to be both below and on deck where the cannon exploded. He didn't have a hat or anything but he looked on the horizon. No ships from what he could see. Though if there were no doubt someone here would want to try and gain it's loot.
Bump?

How is everyone?)
Bump?

How is everyone?)
(Ahh sorry I haven't gotten to posting today, things have been hectic! I swear I'll slam something out tomorrow!)
(Ahh sorry I haven't gotten to posting today, things have been hectic! I swear I'll slam something out tomorrow!)
they/them -- call me leon! -- i draw sometimes!
Don't sweat it, I'll just have Echo pester Richard for now lol)
Did Richard ever get a last name?)

She excused herself from her present company and escaped to the ship's stern along side Richard. "How goes everything? I trust our supplies are well stocked, yes? Up for some target practice?" Her Welsh accent becoming a bit more prominent as it tended to when she was excited, or any other time she was strongly emotionally inclined.
Don't sweat it, I'll just have Echo pester Richard for now lol)
Did Richard ever get a last name?)

She excused herself from her present company and escaped to the ship's stern along side Richard. "How goes everything? I trust our supplies are well stocked, yes? Up for some target practice?" Her Welsh accent becoming a bit more prominent as it tended to when she was excited, or any other time she was strongly emotionally inclined.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
(Miller is his last name)

"Everything is well miss Davies." He says honestly. "The powder is clean and able to be used and the cannons are ready as well. Though I can't clean off their age." He shrugs. "I was joking or trying to." He says before standing up. "As long as you are miss Davies." He says though he himself hoped she'd ask. He found sitting around after completing tasks to be very dull. "With the cannons or muskets?" He asks still holding his musket he brought up from below deck.
(Miller is his last name)

"Everything is well miss Davies." He says honestly. "The powder is clean and able to be used and the cannons are ready as well. Though I can't clean off their age." He shrugs. "I was joking or trying to." He says before standing up. "As long as you are miss Davies." He says though he himself hoped she'd ask. He found sitting around after completing tasks to be very dull. "With the cannons or muskets?" He asks still holding his musket he brought up from below deck.
She had laughed at his joke, an honest laugh, not the pandering snicker most ladies gave to be polite. She paused mulling over which weapon to test before pulling her own musket from the strap across her chest. "I wouldn't want to attract any unwanted attention while the captain is still recovering. Besides Mr. Miller, we wouldn't want your aim to deteriorate." She chuckled softly, "a jest I assure you. Still practice does the master make. What shall we aim for."
She had laughed at his joke, an honest laugh, not the pandering snicker most ladies gave to be polite. She paused mulling over which weapon to test before pulling her own musket from the strap across her chest. "I wouldn't want to attract any unwanted attention while the captain is still recovering. Besides Mr. Miller, we wouldn't want your aim to deteriorate." She chuckled softly, "a jest I assure you. Still practice does the master make. What shall we aim for."
foto_1.png
He was surprised anyone would laugh at his attempts to be humorous at all. Many simply dismiss it. Echo clearly was a woman who wasn't from the well to do cities, no giggling or formal snickers of the like but actual laughter. "You truly think my aim has gotten worse miss Davies? Only one way to truly discover that. Though perhaps next time I should try targeting the captain of the vessel we skirmish against next time." He says looking along the sights of his musket. "Well.. we could either target a barrel on deck or we could try to hit the small targets like birds flying around if any come within range of the ship. If I may suggest I believe a more challenging target would be best for us both." He says before holding his musket with one hand looking at the dragon born quartermaster, he knew well enough to never underestimate Echo, though he believes he has never given her much trouble since she and the crew found him stranded on an island.
He was surprised anyone would laugh at his attempts to be humorous at all. Many simply dismiss it. Echo clearly was a woman who wasn't from the well to do cities, no giggling or formal snickers of the like but actual laughter. "You truly think my aim has gotten worse miss Davies? Only one way to truly discover that. Though perhaps next time I should try targeting the captain of the vessel we skirmish against next time." He says looking along the sights of his musket. "Well.. we could either target a barrel on deck or we could try to hit the small targets like birds flying around if any come within range of the ship. If I may suggest I believe a more challenging target would be best for us both." He says before holding his musket with one hand looking at the dragon born quartermaster, he knew well enough to never underestimate Echo, though he believes he has never given her much trouble since she and the crew found him stranded on an island.
Echo pointed to a flock of seagulls just within range. She raised her musket with her left hand calculating the speed of both ball and bird. To provide a bit more challenge she aimed specifically for the head. She fired, the shot ringing out in the otherwise silent morning air. The lead bird dropped into the surf like a stone, a crimson trail behind it. Her aim had been precise, traveling through the poor seafarer's skull. Destroying the delicate bone in the process, naturally destroying the rest of the flesh around it too. She began to reload a pleased smile on her face, she'd always been proud of her shooting. It was one of the things she'd learned from captain, or retired captain Davies of the Royal Navy, she doubted he would have been proud of her career choice. Still he'd taught her to sail, raised her on a fishing vessel, taught her to be a marksman. She'd learned that this was the only way to live, but that couldn't happen through legal channels. Not with out a great deal of deception anyway. It was terribly improper for a lady to go around without a coy smile, and a pretty frock. She much preferred sturdy boots and tight breeches, why would anyone want to be a proper lady when the open sea held so much freedom?
Echo pointed to a flock of seagulls just within range. She raised her musket with her left hand calculating the speed of both ball and bird. To provide a bit more challenge she aimed specifically for the head. She fired, the shot ringing out in the otherwise silent morning air. The lead bird dropped into the surf like a stone, a crimson trail behind it. Her aim had been precise, traveling through the poor seafarer's skull. Destroying the delicate bone in the process, naturally destroying the rest of the flesh around it too. She began to reload a pleased smile on her face, she'd always been proud of her shooting. It was one of the things she'd learned from captain, or retired captain Davies of the Royal Navy, she doubted he would have been proud of her career choice. Still he'd taught her to sail, raised her on a fishing vessel, taught her to be a marksman. She'd learned that this was the only way to live, but that couldn't happen through legal channels. Not with out a great deal of deception anyway. It was terribly improper for a lady to go around without a coy smile, and a pretty frock. She much preferred sturdy boots and tight breeches, why would anyone want to be a proper lady when the open sea held so much freedom?
foto_1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6