Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Smooth Sailing (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6
@KalliZora @Eaglerider @Blurry
Just pinging you all so you can save the location, I'm subbed so you don't need to ping me.)

Echo stood at the helm her short chocolate colored curls brushed back and held in place by a blue bandana. The hem of her coat fluttering the in breeze. A fine day indeed, good things were on the horizon she could feel it.
@KalliZora @Eaglerider @Blurry
Just pinging you all so you can save the location, I'm subbed so you don't need to ping me.)

Echo stood at the helm her short chocolate colored curls brushed back and held in place by a blue bandana. The hem of her coat fluttering the in breeze. A fine day indeed, good things were on the horizon she could feel it.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
(Are we starting? I'm subscribed too)

Richard was below deck looking over the cannons and other weapons they had accumulated over a few months. Muskets, swords, black powder for the cannons. His brown hair was cut short and his beard was short, but not stubble, close though... he heard the waves crashing against the hull as he looks though everything necessary in case a fight occured.
(Are we starting? I'm subscribed too)

Richard was below deck looking over the cannons and other weapons they had accumulated over a few months. Muskets, swords, black powder for the cannons. His brown hair was cut short and his beard was short, but not stubble, close though... he heard the waves crashing against the hull as he looks though everything necessary in case a fight occured.
I'm just gonna start up and see what happens)
I'm just gonna start up and see what happens)
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
(Ah ok. Seems the sign up got popular)
(Ah ok. Seems the sign up got popular)
Yup we've got a pretty diverse crew forming!)
Yup we've got a pretty diverse crew forming!)
foto_1.png
(It certainly seems so! :)
(It certainly seems so! :)
Fights, Edwin thought, would be the least of their problems. As he poured over his maps, sweat beaded at his forehead and he scratched at the stubble that grew on his chin. "Well-" He began, speaking to no one in particular as he paced around beneath deck. "This is a problem." Shoving one map underneath his arm, he started towards the deck of the ship, a grave expression on his face. "No good, no good at all. Well, maybe okay. We'll just have to change things..." He mumbled to himself as he ascended the stairs to the deck. His mumbling was loud enough for just about anyone to hear as he neared the surface of the ship.

Once he was above deck, he cleared his throat and spoke to anyone that would listen. "We are- we are slightly off course. The storm last night was a problem. I knew it would be, in case any of you care." They probably didn't care. Edwin unrolled the map, holding it with one hand while gesturing wildly with his other. "See, we should be spotting a small island over here, but there's a shoreline in the distance over -there-, and- well." He coughed. "Long story short, we have to make a few adjustments. Which is fine. We might even find a new island on our way through here."
Fights, Edwin thought, would be the least of their problems. As he poured over his maps, sweat beaded at his forehead and he scratched at the stubble that grew on his chin. "Well-" He began, speaking to no one in particular as he paced around beneath deck. "This is a problem." Shoving one map underneath his arm, he started towards the deck of the ship, a grave expression on his face. "No good, no good at all. Well, maybe okay. We'll just have to change things..." He mumbled to himself as he ascended the stairs to the deck. His mumbling was loud enough for just about anyone to hear as he neared the surface of the ship.

Once he was above deck, he cleared his throat and spoke to anyone that would listen. "We are- we are slightly off course. The storm last night was a problem. I knew it would be, in case any of you care." They probably didn't care. Edwin unrolled the map, holding it with one hand while gesturing wildly with his other. "See, we should be spotting a small island over here, but there's a shoreline in the distance over -there-, and- well." He coughed. "Long story short, we have to make a few adjustments. Which is fine. We might even find a new island on our way through here."
they/them -- call me leon! -- i draw sometimes!
The dragonborn had found it most amusing listening to the humans below deck, tripping and shuffling about. Going about their daily business, and duties. One however seemed particularly agitated, she focused on him for a moment picking out his voice from the rest. Mr. Edwin Scott, navigator and cartographer. Despite his near pompous attitude he was quite the catch, a lucky addition to their crew. She watched him exit the stairwell onto the deck where he began shouting about course corrections.

Echo silently scrutinizing him, he was ultimately correct, the storm last night had been mild but still enough to alter their trajectory. She waved him up to the helm. "Show me the map Mr. Scott." She shooed the current helmsman aside taking the wheel herself. While the captain was indisposed she took control, she never fancied taking over for long though. She had a good position as the first mate, and Quartermaster.
The dragonborn had found it most amusing listening to the humans below deck, tripping and shuffling about. Going about their daily business, and duties. One however seemed particularly agitated, she focused on him for a moment picking out his voice from the rest. Mr. Edwin Scott, navigator and cartographer. Despite his near pompous attitude he was quite the catch, a lucky addition to their crew. She watched him exit the stairwell onto the deck where he began shouting about course corrections.

Echo silently scrutinizing him, he was ultimately correct, the storm last night had been mild but still enough to alter their trajectory. She waved him up to the helm. "Show me the map Mr. Scott." She shooed the current helmsman aside taking the wheel herself. While the captain was indisposed she took control, she never fancied taking over for long though. She had a good position as the first mate, and Quartermaster.
foto_1.png
Suddenly, a voice came from behind her. "Do I get that promotion yet, Miss Echo?"
Aryll had just come down from her newfound spot in the crows'-nest. She knew the answer. You've only been with us for a day, blondie. Don't get your hopes up too high. But she still asked anyway, eyes full of that childish eagerness she never really lost.
Suddenly, a voice came from behind her. "Do I get that promotion yet, Miss Echo?"
Aryll had just come down from her newfound spot in the crows'-nest. She knew the answer. You've only been with us for a day, blondie. Don't get your hopes up too high. But she still asked anyway, eyes full of that childish eagerness she never really lost.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Edwin, to his credit, didn't squirm under Echo's scrutinizing gaze. He probably wouldn't falter if a kraken was staring at him, though that was more of a fault than a boon. Quickly, he moved towards where the dragonborn had motioned, grasping the map with both hands and pulling it taut. "As you can see, we should be over here," he nodded slightly towards the left side, "while we are over here! If, uh, certain people had caught this before hand, we wouldn't be in trouble, but we've drifted quite a bit." His feathers seemed slightly ruffled at what he imagined people would say. "I would have noticed, but the stars were obscured last night. This morning, I noticed the shores and compared them with my map." He didn't seem too apologetic, even though it was technically his fault that they'd gotten off-course for so long.

"Don't look at me! If I hadn't noticed, we could have drifted even farther away." He said quickly, like he was about to be accused. "But, there's some good news. Aside from a small port, it seems the island we're closest to is mostly unexplored. I think. Either way, it's not charted on my map; of course, these maps are a few years old..." For all he knew, there was a thriving civilization there now! Edwin blinked quickly as Aryll darted in, lips pressing in to a thin line to show his displeasure. However, he didn't say anything about the interruption.
Edwin, to his credit, didn't squirm under Echo's scrutinizing gaze. He probably wouldn't falter if a kraken was staring at him, though that was more of a fault than a boon. Quickly, he moved towards where the dragonborn had motioned, grasping the map with both hands and pulling it taut. "As you can see, we should be over here," he nodded slightly towards the left side, "while we are over here! If, uh, certain people had caught this before hand, we wouldn't be in trouble, but we've drifted quite a bit." His feathers seemed slightly ruffled at what he imagined people would say. "I would have noticed, but the stars were obscured last night. This morning, I noticed the shores and compared them with my map." He didn't seem too apologetic, even though it was technically his fault that they'd gotten off-course for so long.

"Don't look at me! If I hadn't noticed, we could have drifted even farther away." He said quickly, like he was about to be accused. "But, there's some good news. Aside from a small port, it seems the island we're closest to is mostly unexplored. I think. Either way, it's not charted on my map; of course, these maps are a few years old..." For all he knew, there was a thriving civilization there now! Edwin blinked quickly as Aryll darted in, lips pressing in to a thin line to show his displeasure. However, he didn't say anything about the interruption.
they/them -- call me leon! -- i draw sometimes!
1 2 3 4 5 6