Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Eaglerider
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
Looking towards Richard Xandria was able to see how tired he was. "You should really head off to bed." She didn't want to sound like she was trying to act like a mother or boss him around but he obviously needed sleep especially after a long day of work.

"I really don't think so.. crushes really aren't my thing. Or feelings in general." She grinned towards him and took a few more bites of the noodles. "Pizza.. Yeah, I've had it. It's alright." To her it just seemed like some sort of fancy bread though humans seemed to go nuts for it. Just another thing that she wasn't going to understand no matter how long she spent time with them. "I'll stick to my noodles and chicken."

She looked towards him again clearly able to see his stressed expression. "Listen, don't stress yourself out over this whole second job thing. It's no trouble if you can't find one immediately." Or ever, though the second part was added silently to herself.

When Richard got up to go into the kitchen she followed him with her eyes. "You;ll have to explore the city then tomorrow, get your bearings since I'm guessing you're not from around here."
Looking towards Richard Xandria was able to see how tired he was. "You should really head off to bed." She didn't want to sound like she was trying to act like a mother or boss him around but he obviously needed sleep especially after a long day of work.

"I really don't think so.. crushes really aren't my thing. Or feelings in general." She grinned towards him and took a few more bites of the noodles. "Pizza.. Yeah, I've had it. It's alright." To her it just seemed like some sort of fancy bread though humans seemed to go nuts for it. Just another thing that she wasn't going to understand no matter how long she spent time with them. "I'll stick to my noodles and chicken."

She looked towards him again clearly able to see his stressed expression. "Listen, don't stress yourself out over this whole second job thing. It's no trouble if you can't find one immediately." Or ever, though the second part was added silently to herself.

When Richard got up to go into the kitchen she followed him with her eyes. "You;ll have to explore the city then tomorrow, get your bearings since I'm guessing you're not from around here."
"You're right... I probably should." He says wiping a hand down his face. He starts walking to his room. He leaned against the wall for a moment. To him the room was spinning. He stays there for awhile to collect himself. He didn't want her to worry though.

"You never know. You could find the right guy eventually and never even know it." He says. "Least thats the saying from those horrible romance movies." He chuckles. "It's better with pepperoni. But I like chicken, burgers, that kind of stuff." He says thinking about the last barbecue he had. "That's not bad either. But eating too much never ends well." He says honestly.

"I... I just don't want to have no money when rent comes around. I mean you paid for dinner and rent this time. But I can't just let you pick up the bill everytime..." You'll throw me out. He thinks the last part. Last thing he wanted was to think he was free loading her as her roommate.

"It's that obvious?" He asks looking back at her. "I'll try. And hopefully I don't get hopelessly lost..." He says sighing. "Anyway... goodnight Xandria." He says before entering his room. He got changed into a pair of night clothes, just a shirt and pants before going to bed. She could hear the door close when he went inside. He was out quickly. He didn't snore surprisingly.
"You're right... I probably should." He says wiping a hand down his face. He starts walking to his room. He leaned against the wall for a moment. To him the room was spinning. He stays there for awhile to collect himself. He didn't want her to worry though.

"You never know. You could find the right guy eventually and never even know it." He says. "Least thats the saying from those horrible romance movies." He chuckles. "It's better with pepperoni. But I like chicken, burgers, that kind of stuff." He says thinking about the last barbecue he had. "That's not bad either. But eating too much never ends well." He says honestly.

"I... I just don't want to have no money when rent comes around. I mean you paid for dinner and rent this time. But I can't just let you pick up the bill everytime..." You'll throw me out. He thinks the last part. Last thing he wanted was to think he was free loading her as her roommate.

"It's that obvious?" He asks looking back at her. "I'll try. And hopefully I don't get hopelessly lost..." He says sighing. "Anyway... goodnight Xandria." He says before entering his room. He got changed into a pair of night clothes, just a shirt and pants before going to bed. She could hear the door close when he went inside. He was out quickly. He didn't snore surprisingly.
Xandria couldn't help but roll her eye when Richard said that cheesy line. It had been a knee-jerk reaction. Luckily she had been looking away from him when it had happened. "I suppose you're right, it could happen." Though given the time that she had been in this world and the fact that it hadn't happened it was highly unlikely.

"I paid for dinner because it was intended for me. There happened to be leftovers that you were able to eat. As far as rent.. I paid it because it was easier for me to pay it on my own at least for this month. It will also give you time to get yourself fully accustomed to living here. Think of it as a moving in gift." She shrugged listening to him explain the food that he had eaten. "I've grown accustomed to my life of Chinese food."

She grinned and nodded. "It's not that difficult to find your way around, trust me. Night Richard." Lifting the chopsticks into the air she waved with them as best she could. When his door shut and she was sure that he was asleep she stood and tossed the blanket back onto the couch which would have allowed her wings to be seen if anyone else was awake. She picked up the remaining food containers and threw away the empty ones before putting the other ones in the fridge for later.

"Goodnight plants." Her voice was quiet as she spoke to them before she grabbed her book and opened her own room's door. Stepping through she shut it almost the whole way before flopping down onto her bed on her stomach. Now for some reading.
Xandria couldn't help but roll her eye when Richard said that cheesy line. It had been a knee-jerk reaction. Luckily she had been looking away from him when it had happened. "I suppose you're right, it could happen." Though given the time that she had been in this world and the fact that it hadn't happened it was highly unlikely.

"I paid for dinner because it was intended for me. There happened to be leftovers that you were able to eat. As far as rent.. I paid it because it was easier for me to pay it on my own at least for this month. It will also give you time to get yourself fully accustomed to living here. Think of it as a moving in gift." She shrugged listening to him explain the food that he had eaten. "I've grown accustomed to my life of Chinese food."

She grinned and nodded. "It's not that difficult to find your way around, trust me. Night Richard." Lifting the chopsticks into the air she waved with them as best she could. When his door shut and she was sure that he was asleep she stood and tossed the blanket back onto the couch which would have allowed her wings to be seen if anyone else was awake. She picked up the remaining food containers and threw away the empty ones before putting the other ones in the fridge for later.

"Goodnight plants." Her voice was quiet as she spoke to them before she grabbed her book and opened her own room's door. Stepping through she shut it almost the whole way before flopping down onto her bed on her stomach. Now for some reading.
Hearing her mention how it was more leftovers he would have grimaced. Guess she thought of him as a second wheel, anyway it doesn't matter. She wasn't his caretaker and he didn't want her to be. Though hee reaction to the really bad kine was well justified even though he didn't see it. As for the money situation. Hearing it before he was asleep still made him worry. He had to get things together. He just had to. He didn't know how Xandria would be... he thought about getting her something. Maybe he could get her a book. Maybe something else. He would have to look around.

Richard was out cold on his bed asleep. He had seen her wave though. For the entire night Richard's door was closed and he didn't leave it. He must have been extremely tired... he slept until 7 am in the morning in which case he began getting up. If she listened closely she could hear him moving around, making the bed and getting changed. Only problem is, was that enough sleep? Looks around his room now that it was early morning. He looked at the interior that would be his room for who knew how long. He looked around for his wallet and put it in his jeans then his phone. He would have to remember to tell Xandria his number. In case he forgot he wrote it on a piece of paper.

Despite the movement in his room he didn't leave yet. He was obviously trying to be quiet for her. He wondered what he would do today besides explore the city. Maybe he could get something for Xandria? Maybe find a second job... either way it would be change of pace instead of working all the time and sleeping the exhaustion off. Maybe he'd buy a tv for the apartment. He counted his money real quick and sighed. Well... it wouldn't be the best tv... he would have to save more for it.
Hearing her mention how it was more leftovers he would have grimaced. Guess she thought of him as a second wheel, anyway it doesn't matter. She wasn't his caretaker and he didn't want her to be. Though hee reaction to the really bad kine was well justified even though he didn't see it. As for the money situation. Hearing it before he was asleep still made him worry. He had to get things together. He just had to. He didn't know how Xandria would be... he thought about getting her something. Maybe he could get her a book. Maybe something else. He would have to look around.

Richard was out cold on his bed asleep. He had seen her wave though. For the entire night Richard's door was closed and he didn't leave it. He must have been extremely tired... he slept until 7 am in the morning in which case he began getting up. If she listened closely she could hear him moving around, making the bed and getting changed. Only problem is, was that enough sleep? Looks around his room now that it was early morning. He looked at the interior that would be his room for who knew how long. He looked around for his wallet and put it in his jeans then his phone. He would have to remember to tell Xandria his number. In case he forgot he wrote it on a piece of paper.

Despite the movement in his room he didn't leave yet. He was obviously trying to be quiet for her. He wondered what he would do today besides explore the city. Maybe he could get something for Xandria? Maybe find a second job... either way it would be change of pace instead of working all the time and sleeping the exhaustion off. Maybe he'd buy a tv for the apartment. He counted his money real quick and sighed. Well... it wouldn't be the best tv... he would have to save more for it.
The night passed as slowly as it usually did. She rotated between reading, looking up at the stars and trying remember the names of the constellations, and simply staring at the ceiling of her room. From all the wandering in and out of her room by the time that morning came the door of her room was wide open letting all of her belongings be seen.

There were so many books stacked on every surface possible. Most were written in other languages and they seemed to be about every topic possible, not that someone would be able to tell that from a quick glance. There were also strands of string connected to thumbtacks that formed some sort of complicated web on a map of the world. The entire thing almost covered one of her walls. It just looked confusing or like something that would only happen in an old police show. It was how Xandria tracked or at least tried to track sightings of the books that she wanted oh so desperately to find. Then oddly enough the floor was scattered with feathers.

When she heard Richard start shuffling around she forced her wings back underneath her skin to at least give her the appearance of being human. She tilted her head back and looked over the edge of her bed out into the hallway towards Richard's room.
The night passed as slowly as it usually did. She rotated between reading, looking up at the stars and trying remember the names of the constellations, and simply staring at the ceiling of her room. From all the wandering in and out of her room by the time that morning came the door of her room was wide open letting all of her belongings be seen.

There were so many books stacked on every surface possible. Most were written in other languages and they seemed to be about every topic possible, not that someone would be able to tell that from a quick glance. There were also strands of string connected to thumbtacks that formed some sort of complicated web on a map of the world. The entire thing almost covered one of her walls. It just looked confusing or like something that would only happen in an old police show. It was how Xandria tracked or at least tried to track sightings of the books that she wanted oh so desperately to find. Then oddly enough the floor was scattered with feathers.

When she heard Richard start shuffling around she forced her wings back underneath her skin to at least give her the appearance of being human. She tilted her head back and looked over the edge of her bed out into the hallway towards Richard's room.
Richard walked out yawning before seeing her room. He looked speechless at all the books in almost every language on earth, though he didn't see the large conspiracy like map, he did see all the feathers. "Uh..." He says scratching the back of his neck. "I see you're well educated." He says at the books. He looks at Xandria quietly. "I was about to brush my teeth... uh..." He left the door to his room open too.

"One of your pillows exploded..." He says chuckling. "I'll get a dust pan." He says walking to the kitchen and getting a dustpan but also now has a toothbrush. He didn't go in and instead holds out yhe dustpan for her. "I won't come in. I remember what you said. Sorry I saw into your room." He says honestly and with a sigh. He kicks the ground thinking he was about to get an earful about how he saw her room. "Want anything for breakfast?" He asks with his hands in his pockets. He looks nervous, a little tired, but better than yesterday night.

He didn't notice her wings vanish because he had come out of his room once she hid them. He hoped she wasn't mad. Though he understood why she might be. Though he thought it was her pillow. And the books he assumed was higher education.
Richard walked out yawning before seeing her room. He looked speechless at all the books in almost every language on earth, though he didn't see the large conspiracy like map, he did see all the feathers. "Uh..." He says scratching the back of his neck. "I see you're well educated." He says at the books. He looks at Xandria quietly. "I was about to brush my teeth... uh..." He left the door to his room open too.

"One of your pillows exploded..." He says chuckling. "I'll get a dust pan." He says walking to the kitchen and getting a dustpan but also now has a toothbrush. He didn't go in and instead holds out yhe dustpan for her. "I won't come in. I remember what you said. Sorry I saw into your room." He says honestly and with a sigh. He kicks the ground thinking he was about to get an earful about how he saw her room. "Want anything for breakfast?" He asks with his hands in his pockets. He looks nervous, a little tired, but better than yesterday night.

He didn't notice her wings vanish because he had come out of his room once she hid them. He hoped she wasn't mad. Though he understood why she might be. Though he thought it was her pillow. And the books he assumed was higher education.
She rolled over and tossed her legs over the side of the bed before standing up. "Oh hey, good morning." Since Xandria saw the contents of her room every day it wasn't a shocking sight for her. When she turned and looked at it from what she could only imagine the way that Richard saw it she could see why he didn't really know what to say.

"Sorry.. I sort of collect books? They're a real pain to move." She was trying to make the situation into a joke. Walking over to the to door she grabbed the dustpan from him with a grin. "Thanks. I'll take care of it. Also, don't worry about looking in here. Honestly by coming into my room I just meant please don't come in and dig through my stuff." A laugh followed the sentence.

"Breakfast? You mean not leftover Chinese?" As she asked she tilted her head genuinely confused though the way that she spoke made it sound like a joke. "What do you normally eat for breakfast. She knew that there were other foods but hadn't really experienced them.
She rolled over and tossed her legs over the side of the bed before standing up. "Oh hey, good morning." Since Xandria saw the contents of her room every day it wasn't a shocking sight for her. When she turned and looked at it from what she could only imagine the way that Richard saw it she could see why he didn't really know what to say.

"Sorry.. I sort of collect books? They're a real pain to move." She was trying to make the situation into a joke. Walking over to the to door she grabbed the dustpan from him with a grin. "Thanks. I'll take care of it. Also, don't worry about looking in here. Honestly by coming into my room I just meant please don't come in and dig through my stuff." A laugh followed the sentence.

"Breakfast? You mean not leftover Chinese?" As she asked she tilted her head genuinely confused though the way that she spoke made it sound like a joke. "What do you normally eat for breakfast. She knew that there were other foods but hadn't really experienced them.
He looks unsure how to say anything and only sighs. "Morning. Sorry for staring. Just didn't expect your rook to practically be a library." He chuckles. "Anyway. How are you today?" He asks smiling a little. His eyes looked better today than yesterday as he stood there. He tried to keep the shock he was feeling in check and smiles instead.

"Don't worry. You're stuff is you're stuff. I'm not nosy anyway so that's why I'm not exactly looking around inside." He says shrugging. "How many books do you have? Are they fiction or nonfiction?" He asks genuinely interested and curious though he doesn't walk into her room out of respect. "I can imagine they would be a pain... after all there are so many books..." He says honestly. He was curious how long it took go accumulate her collection. But he didn't see the wall of a map from where he stood.

"I eat waffles, cereal, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage. You know breakfast stuff." He says smiling. Part of him wondered why she asked that. "I mean you can have Chinese if you want but I mean if I do my stomach will be in knots for awhile. "Do you have ingredients to make breakfast? If not maybe we can go to a diner. My treat fir yesterday." He says. He hoped this would open her up to him more instead of being so vague ans non social with him.
He looks unsure how to say anything and only sighs. "Morning. Sorry for staring. Just didn't expect your rook to practically be a library." He chuckles. "Anyway. How are you today?" He asks smiling a little. His eyes looked better today than yesterday as he stood there. He tried to keep the shock he was feeling in check and smiles instead.

"Don't worry. You're stuff is you're stuff. I'm not nosy anyway so that's why I'm not exactly looking around inside." He says shrugging. "How many books do you have? Are they fiction or nonfiction?" He asks genuinely interested and curious though he doesn't walk into her room out of respect. "I can imagine they would be a pain... after all there are so many books..." He says honestly. He was curious how long it took go accumulate her collection. But he didn't see the wall of a map from where he stood.

"I eat waffles, cereal, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage. You know breakfast stuff." He says smiling. Part of him wondered why she asked that. "I mean you can have Chinese if you want but I mean if I do my stomach will be in knots for awhile. "Do you have ingredients to make breakfast? If not maybe we can go to a diner. My treat fir yesterday." He says. He hoped this would open her up to him more instead of being so vague ans non social with him.
(sorry for the delay, Saturday is the one day that I usually don't get onto FR.)

Xandria took the few steps necessary to cross her room and grabbed the dustpan from his hands with a small grin. "Thanks." She made no move to begin cleaning up the feathers instead she twirled the dustpan in her hand. "Oh yes, I'm fine. Got a bunch of studying done during the hours of the night. Otherwise it was uneventful."

Turning her head she looked back at her books and couldn't help but notice them the way that Richard probably was. The whole set up of her room practically screamed not normal. When she heard his questions about them it eased her nerves only slightly. The male was probably being polite. "There are only about 600 here.. or at least that's how many there used to be. I've picked up a few more since I last went through them. A majority is nonfiction, about places of the world. There are a few fiction mixed in there though, A few from that shop that I was telling you about have managed to sneak home with me." She spoke with a grin. Her books were her pride and joy. They had been since she had discovered her first one oh so many years ago. Her collection had grown quite a bit since then.

"I wouldn't say that I have anything needed to make something like that." After a moment she added, "a diner would be nice though.. If you're sure that you can pay for it. I would hate to be a burden on you." Part of her was even shocked that she had agreed to go with him though she really did need to get out of the apartment.
(sorry for the delay, Saturday is the one day that I usually don't get onto FR.)

Xandria took the few steps necessary to cross her room and grabbed the dustpan from his hands with a small grin. "Thanks." She made no move to begin cleaning up the feathers instead she twirled the dustpan in her hand. "Oh yes, I'm fine. Got a bunch of studying done during the hours of the night. Otherwise it was uneventful."

Turning her head she looked back at her books and couldn't help but notice them the way that Richard probably was. The whole set up of her room practically screamed not normal. When she heard his questions about them it eased her nerves only slightly. The male was probably being polite. "There are only about 600 here.. or at least that's how many there used to be. I've picked up a few more since I last went through them. A majority is nonfiction, about places of the world. There are a few fiction mixed in there though, A few from that shop that I was telling you about have managed to sneak home with me." She spoke with a grin. Her books were her pride and joy. They had been since she had discovered her first one oh so many years ago. Her collection had grown quite a bit since then.

"I wouldn't say that I have anything needed to make something like that." After a moment she added, "a diner would be nice though.. If you're sure that you can pay for it. I would hate to be a burden on you." Part of her was even shocked that she had agreed to go with him though she really did need to get out of the apartment.
(No problem :) I assumed you were busy and thought I'd wait on messaging you to see what's up. Though it did cross my mind. How are you? )

Richard smiles a little. "Sounds like you used your night wisely. I slept like a rock..." He says chuckling. "What did you read? The french book?" He asks. He assumed she'd clean the feathers later and didn't may much mind to her not immediately cleaning them. He seemed rather ok with it. Though it had caught him off guard.

"600 books?!" He says stunned. "Wow you could open up your own library in here then. Unless that was the amount of money you spent on them all." He says collecting himself. "Sounds like a few I might be interested in but I'd rather not be nosy picking through your collection." He says honestly. "Quite the book worm. I myself I guess is the same way. I always read during lunch break. Still do though the magazines at work are the worst things I've ever read." He says sighing. Richard was wearing a grey t shirt, a red flannel with black in it and his jeans. He looked rural but he seemed comfortable in it.

"Sure. I'll get my shoes on and you can get ready." He leaves for a moment and she can hear him rinse out toothpaste from brushing his teeth then returning. "Burden? You're joking right? If anything I'm the burden so far." He says with a look of depression. He seemed to remember how she more or less told him to sleep last night. "I'm not poor, I have enough for rent, but you said you paid it so it will be my treat. Besides... I need to walk around or drive around in the city." He says admittedly. He didn't know where a good diner was...
(No problem :) I assumed you were busy and thought I'd wait on messaging you to see what's up. Though it did cross my mind. How are you? )

Richard smiles a little. "Sounds like you used your night wisely. I slept like a rock..." He says chuckling. "What did you read? The french book?" He asks. He assumed she'd clean the feathers later and didn't may much mind to her not immediately cleaning them. He seemed rather ok with it. Though it had caught him off guard.

"600 books?!" He says stunned. "Wow you could open up your own library in here then. Unless that was the amount of money you spent on them all." He says collecting himself. "Sounds like a few I might be interested in but I'd rather not be nosy picking through your collection." He says honestly. "Quite the book worm. I myself I guess is the same way. I always read during lunch break. Still do though the magazines at work are the worst things I've ever read." He says sighing. Richard was wearing a grey t shirt, a red flannel with black in it and his jeans. He looked rural but he seemed comfortable in it.

"Sure. I'll get my shoes on and you can get ready." He leaves for a moment and she can hear him rinse out toothpaste from brushing his teeth then returning. "Burden? You're joking right? If anything I'm the burden so far." He says with a look of depression. He seemed to remember how she more or less told him to sleep last night. "I'm not poor, I have enough for rent, but you said you paid it so it will be my treat. Besides... I need to walk around or drive around in the city." He says admittedly. He didn't know where a good diner was...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46