Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Eaglerider
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
"I didn't have any need to come into this room so it's luckily always been this clean." She grinned, "when I first moved in I simply closed the door and that's how it stayed clean."

When she was reminded that Richard would have to leave for work she suddenly remembered something. "Oh right, I was told you give you this so that you'd be able to come and go as you'd like." She dug around in her pocket and pulled out a keyring with two keys on it, one larger and one smaller. Xandria's tossed the keys towards Richard. "Keys. Make sure you don't loose them because he takes his sweet time coming over here and unlocking the door. The smaller one is for the mailbox."

"I work at a bookstore closer to the center of town." She was genuinely suprised how easily that lie slid off of her tongue. Angels usually couldn't lie. This like would also make it easier to explain why she was always carrying books and studying. So much studying about anything that she could get her hands on.

"I've seen signs nearby. There's one at a small coffee shop. There's also a pizza shop looking for a delivery person. I don't know what would suit you. There are plenty of places that are hiring though so I'm sure you'll be able to find something."
"I didn't have any need to come into this room so it's luckily always been this clean." She grinned, "when I first moved in I simply closed the door and that's how it stayed clean."

When she was reminded that Richard would have to leave for work she suddenly remembered something. "Oh right, I was told you give you this so that you'd be able to come and go as you'd like." She dug around in her pocket and pulled out a keyring with two keys on it, one larger and one smaller. Xandria's tossed the keys towards Richard. "Keys. Make sure you don't loose them because he takes his sweet time coming over here and unlocking the door. The smaller one is for the mailbox."

"I work at a bookstore closer to the center of town." She was genuinely suprised how easily that lie slid off of her tongue. Angels usually couldn't lie. This like would also make it easier to explain why she was always carrying books and studying. So much studying about anything that she could get her hands on.

"I've seen signs nearby. There's one at a small coffee shop. There's also a pizza shop looking for a delivery person. I don't know what would suit you. There are plenty of places that are hiring though so I'm sure you'll be able to find something."
"Ah ok. Makes sense. But thought I'd ask nevertheless." He says looking at her. He seemed to believe everything he was told.

He caught the keys. "Thanks now if I ever get here late or early I can let myself in. I won't lose them not if I can help it anyway." He says. "Mailbox? Where's that?" He asks he didn't see a mailbox on the way up. Did he miss it? He looks at the keys before placing them in his pocket. "You have a pair too right? Or is this the only one?" He asks honestly. He hoped she wouldn't have to wait for him to get home before reading after her work.

"Ah a bookstore. Ok." He says. "I'll have to check it out. Maybe you can offer me a discount." He says chuckling. "Explains some of yhe books I saw out in the living room too." He says. "So... what now? The day isn't over yet... so..." He trails off thinking. What could they do? He didn't even know that Xandria liked...

"I'll check around see if I can find one. I'll probably find something to do." He says. "Can't be too hard I hope to find one anyway." He says shrugging briefly before looking at the floor. He wondered what she thought of him momentarily. But that thought quickly left. They were roommates that was it. Share rent and other things. They didn't have to be friends if she didn't want to be. Though she would be his first since arriving here.
"Ah ok. Makes sense. But thought I'd ask nevertheless." He says looking at her. He seemed to believe everything he was told.

He caught the keys. "Thanks now if I ever get here late or early I can let myself in. I won't lose them not if I can help it anyway." He says. "Mailbox? Where's that?" He asks he didn't see a mailbox on the way up. Did he miss it? He looks at the keys before placing them in his pocket. "You have a pair too right? Or is this the only one?" He asks honestly. He hoped she wouldn't have to wait for him to get home before reading after her work.

"Ah a bookstore. Ok." He says. "I'll have to check it out. Maybe you can offer me a discount." He says chuckling. "Explains some of yhe books I saw out in the living room too." He says. "So... what now? The day isn't over yet... so..." He trails off thinking. What could they do? He didn't even know that Xandria liked...

"I'll check around see if I can find one. I'll probably find something to do." He says. "Can't be too hard I hope to find one anyway." He says shrugging briefly before looking at the floor. He wondered what she thought of him momentarily. But that thought quickly left. They were roommates that was it. Share rent and other things. They didn't have to be friends if she didn't want to be. Though she would be his first since arriving here.
"Of course I have a set of keys. I need a way to be able to unlock the door don't I?" Her questions was spoken like a joke. Some people might even say that she was teasing the male. "The mailbox.. It's actually one of those smaller boxes at the post office." She looked towards him as she continued speaking, "Apparently this area as posh as it might look is an area that tends to have package thieves. They'll steal whatever it is from in front of the door. As an extra precaution a box was set up for the tenants. It's nice, though a bit of a hassle getting over there but when you never expect mail there's really no reason to check it regularly. It's probably filled with coupons that are auto sent out. I don't really get much mail." Or any. There was no one that would be sending Xandria anything in the mail. Friends really weren't her thing or at least the ones that she did have were most likely dead due to her age.

"Oh, I don't know if there's anything at that bookstore that would interest you. It tends to be more obscure novels." Luckily she knew of a bookstore closer to the center of town and it was obscure. "A discount.. could be in order." If Richard actually was going to plan on stopping by it she was going to have to glamour her way into being a worker, nothing hard to do it was just energy consuming. She was also going to have to remember to actually leave the apartment rather than studying all day or simply doing her own thing. The thought of that made her sigh quietly. Things were already becoming so much more complicated for her due to this roommate.

At the mention of what now she glanced around the room. There wasn't much to it and it didn't seem like Richard was one who had very much given the one duffel bag that he had brought with him. "Erm.. we could.." Her voice tailed off. A human would probably try and get to know their roommate, but hadn't they already done that? Or at least she had learned about the male, she hadn't given up much information. Finally she gave up, "I honestly have no idea. I've taken to the 'bachelor' life so to speak, it's been a while since I've lived with another being."
"Of course I have a set of keys. I need a way to be able to unlock the door don't I?" Her questions was spoken like a joke. Some people might even say that she was teasing the male. "The mailbox.. It's actually one of those smaller boxes at the post office." She looked towards him as she continued speaking, "Apparently this area as posh as it might look is an area that tends to have package thieves. They'll steal whatever it is from in front of the door. As an extra precaution a box was set up for the tenants. It's nice, though a bit of a hassle getting over there but when you never expect mail there's really no reason to check it regularly. It's probably filled with coupons that are auto sent out. I don't really get much mail." Or any. There was no one that would be sending Xandria anything in the mail. Friends really weren't her thing or at least the ones that she did have were most likely dead due to her age.

"Oh, I don't know if there's anything at that bookstore that would interest you. It tends to be more obscure novels." Luckily she knew of a bookstore closer to the center of town and it was obscure. "A discount.. could be in order." If Richard actually was going to plan on stopping by it she was going to have to glamour her way into being a worker, nothing hard to do it was just energy consuming. She was also going to have to remember to actually leave the apartment rather than studying all day or simply doing her own thing. The thought of that made her sigh quietly. Things were already becoming so much more complicated for her due to this roommate.

At the mention of what now she glanced around the room. There wasn't much to it and it didn't seem like Richard was one who had very much given the one duffel bag that he had brought with him. "Erm.. we could.." Her voice tailed off. A human would probably try and get to know their roommate, but hadn't they already done that? Or at least she had learned about the male, she hadn't given up much information. Finally she gave up, "I honestly have no idea. I've taken to the 'bachelor' life so to speak, it's been a while since I've lived with another being."
"Just thought I'd ask. Sometimes only one key exists per apartment. And a box at the post office I get it now. Sorry." He says as she continues. "Are thrives and burglaries common around this area? Assaults on the street and such?" He asks now wondering if this was a good idea... he hasn't been to areas with high crime. Though he's been victim to some at times. "Ah well. I don't either unless it's a paycheck. Sometimes they send it by mail so some days I'll have to go check. Unless you want to of course, but I highly doubt you'd want to pick up my mail." He says bluntly. He looks at her as he sits on the bed, his mind on paying rent and work already. Though he began to think maybe Xandria wasn't as serious as she seemed before.

"Obscure novels like what?" He asks. He wasn't familiar with the town and was only asking for information about things. "The discount was a joke. You'd get in trouble for doing it I imagine." He shrugs. He saw her sigh and wondered what was wrong. "You ok?" He asks. He didn't know that he was changing her lifestyle at all simply by being here. He was quietly thinking fir awhile before giving his attention bsck to her. "I suppose I'll take your word for it. I was only curious." He says giving up on the bookstore already.

"Another being? What does that mean?" He asks. He really didn't understand the odd wording she used there. Though be nods slowly. "Ok... well... maybe I should go to work or something? Though it may be too late to ask to begin today." He looks for a clock. He didn't want to throw her lifestyle in chaos and maybe with him gone she would be ok. "I will try not to get in the way of your life. You can almost pretend I'm not here if you want." He noticed she shared nearly nothing with him, that was ok but then he said dhe could pretend if he was not here it almost sounded like he has had it happen before. Or at least people ignored him. He looks at his room, it basically was the same as before he got here since nothing was on the floor and all his belongings were hidden from view. He looks at her again. "Uh... you said you just paid rent right? Do you have money for dinner if I do work?" He asks. "I know rent can be difficult to make living alone." He doesn't explain why he says that specifically though.
"Just thought I'd ask. Sometimes only one key exists per apartment. And a box at the post office I get it now. Sorry." He says as she continues. "Are thrives and burglaries common around this area? Assaults on the street and such?" He asks now wondering if this was a good idea... he hasn't been to areas with high crime. Though he's been victim to some at times. "Ah well. I don't either unless it's a paycheck. Sometimes they send it by mail so some days I'll have to go check. Unless you want to of course, but I highly doubt you'd want to pick up my mail." He says bluntly. He looks at her as he sits on the bed, his mind on paying rent and work already. Though he began to think maybe Xandria wasn't as serious as she seemed before.

"Obscure novels like what?" He asks. He wasn't familiar with the town and was only asking for information about things. "The discount was a joke. You'd get in trouble for doing it I imagine." He shrugs. He saw her sigh and wondered what was wrong. "You ok?" He asks. He didn't know that he was changing her lifestyle at all simply by being here. He was quietly thinking fir awhile before giving his attention bsck to her. "I suppose I'll take your word for it. I was only curious." He says giving up on the bookstore already.

"Another being? What does that mean?" He asks. He really didn't understand the odd wording she used there. Though be nods slowly. "Ok... well... maybe I should go to work or something? Though it may be too late to ask to begin today." He looks for a clock. He didn't want to throw her lifestyle in chaos and maybe with him gone she would be ok. "I will try not to get in the way of your life. You can almost pretend I'm not here if you want." He noticed she shared nearly nothing with him, that was ok but then he said dhe could pretend if he was not here it almost sounded like he has had it happen before. Or at least people ignored him. He looks at his room, it basically was the same as before he got here since nothing was on the floor and all his belongings were hidden from view. He looks at her again. "Uh... you said you just paid rent right? Do you have money for dinner if I do work?" He asks. "I know rent can be difficult to make living alone." He doesn't explain why he says that specifically though.
"I wouldn't say that crimes are common in this area. They do happen occasionally though, nothing to fret about. I've never heard of anyone's building being broken into, just the occasional package thief.." She shrugged, "probably just a group of kids thinking that they're being tough by slightly ruining other people's days. It's pretty common nowadays."

Xandira had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep the grin off of her face when she could see that the male had given up on the thought of visiting the bookstore already. "Oh you know, not even really novels. Just books on the supernatural. Witches, werewolves, and vampires. That sort of thing. Mostly written by people who believe that they've seen something and need to tell the world about it. Most of it is probably fake. Anything real like that would be absurd." What she wasn't saying was that most of the books that the bookstore sold were for the most part fake, there were however some real ones written by humans who got lucky (or were unlucky depending on how you looked at it) and had seen more than they were suppose to. Werewolves were usually the ones who were caught, they were clumsy and not very good at hiding the beast inside of them. "Feel free to stop by if you'd like, though you don't really seem like someone who believes in that sort of thing.." Why had she offered to allow Richard into the bookstore? Roommates were nice to each other weren't they? If the male really wanted to go to the bookstore then she wasn't going to keep him away, it wasn't like she even really worked there. If anything, she could just say that it was her day off.

Her expression blanked when she realized that he had caught her slip up in phrasing though she quickly recovered. "Oh you know humanbeings. Sorry, my phrasing can be a little bit odd sometimes." Catching the odd tone in his voice when he mentioned 'pretending that he wasn't even there' Xandria shook her head. "Now now, I didn't go through all the trouble of finding a roommate just to pretend that you don't exist or ignoring you. I don't mean that we need to be best friends but having the company even the seldom company of another being will be nice. Trust me, you're not going to be a bother and get in the way. I only have one rule which is don't go into my bedroom, not that I think you would. That would be the only way that you could annoy me, I'm really quite easy to get along with." She flashed a quick grin.

"Rent was just paid, I have more than enough money to last me for dinner and even well beyond that if need be." She didn't exactly have money but she had no reason to worry about paying for anything. "If you'd like to go to work then go ahead, I'm not going to hold you captive here. Heavens, I couldn't even lock you out now that I've given you the key." Her tone was obviously joking.

"I wouldn't say that crimes are common in this area. They do happen occasionally though, nothing to fret about. I've never heard of anyone's building being broken into, just the occasional package thief.." She shrugged, "probably just a group of kids thinking that they're being tough by slightly ruining other people's days. It's pretty common nowadays."

Xandira had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep the grin off of her face when she could see that the male had given up on the thought of visiting the bookstore already. "Oh you know, not even really novels. Just books on the supernatural. Witches, werewolves, and vampires. That sort of thing. Mostly written by people who believe that they've seen something and need to tell the world about it. Most of it is probably fake. Anything real like that would be absurd." What she wasn't saying was that most of the books that the bookstore sold were for the most part fake, there were however some real ones written by humans who got lucky (or were unlucky depending on how you looked at it) and had seen more than they were suppose to. Werewolves were usually the ones who were caught, they were clumsy and not very good at hiding the beast inside of them. "Feel free to stop by if you'd like, though you don't really seem like someone who believes in that sort of thing.." Why had she offered to allow Richard into the bookstore? Roommates were nice to each other weren't they? If the male really wanted to go to the bookstore then she wasn't going to keep him away, it wasn't like she even really worked there. If anything, she could just say that it was her day off.

Her expression blanked when she realized that he had caught her slip up in phrasing though she quickly recovered. "Oh you know humanbeings. Sorry, my phrasing can be a little bit odd sometimes." Catching the odd tone in his voice when he mentioned 'pretending that he wasn't even there' Xandria shook her head. "Now now, I didn't go through all the trouble of finding a roommate just to pretend that you don't exist or ignoring you. I don't mean that we need to be best friends but having the company even the seldom company of another being will be nice. Trust me, you're not going to be a bother and get in the way. I only have one rule which is don't go into my bedroom, not that I think you would. That would be the only way that you could annoy me, I'm really quite easy to get along with." She flashed a quick grin.

"Rent was just paid, I have more than enough money to last me for dinner and even well beyond that if need be." She didn't exactly have money but she had no reason to worry about paying for anything. "If you'd like to go to work then go ahead, I'm not going to hold you captive here. Heavens, I couldn't even lock you out now that I've given you the key." Her tone was obviously joking.

"You're probably right." He shrugs. "Kids are always rebelling or trying to be tough and all." He says honestly. "Hopefully no one tries to steal money though." He says. He looks at her. "Anything happen to you while you were here?" He asks.

He nods. "That stuff can be interesting as long as it isn't romance of all things. I used to read ghost stories when I was younger. Some scary some fun to read." He says honestly. "I know what you mean though. It's all a bunch of theories of people jumping at attention saying that since they forgot their car keys a ghost obviously did it. Thanks for the heads up. I may browse it. Don't know if I'd buy anything though..." He says. "What's your opinion on the bookstore then? Good bad? Think the owner is some Victorian Era countess vampire?" He chuckles at the joke he made. "What's your take on the whole mythology thing?" He asks standing up from the bed. He smiles a little. "What do you do around here?" He asks kindly. He wanted to at least try and get to know her. If she didn't want to share thsts fine, but at least he would have tried.

"Ah so no dogs or anything?" He asks still thinking her phrasing was weird. "Just thought I'd let you know. I can understand being alone then having someone else here can be a big change. So thought I'd say something in case you wanted things to remain the same." He had been ignored in the past so he was curious how she would take him as a roommate. "Why would I go into your room? I understand if I came back exhausted and more or less collapsed, but that's your personal space. Well this all was before I got here... anyway I mean I'll respect your privacy and rule with your room." He couldn't think of any reason he would even try to go in her room. Besides looking insane that is. "Like I said you have first go at shower, kitchen and everything else. That way I don't get in the way." He says honestly to her.

He nods. "Thought I'd offer. I didn't know." Though if she had that much money why not get a house or a better apartment altogether? But he kept that question to himself. "Could be a fake key." He says jokingly before getting his helmet and motorcycle keys. "I'll see if I can work a shift tonight. Don't know how long... maybe 5 hours? I'll find out..." He says. But he would also look for a second job... probably as a dishwasher or actual fry cook. Maybe a server if he got lucky. He really didn't want to work after meeting her, he thought it was rude. But he would need more money to split rent and food costs with her. And he didn't want her to throw him out if she began thinking he was a freeloader...
"You're probably right." He shrugs. "Kids are always rebelling or trying to be tough and all." He says honestly. "Hopefully no one tries to steal money though." He says. He looks at her. "Anything happen to you while you were here?" He asks.

He nods. "That stuff can be interesting as long as it isn't romance of all things. I used to read ghost stories when I was younger. Some scary some fun to read." He says honestly. "I know what you mean though. It's all a bunch of theories of people jumping at attention saying that since they forgot their car keys a ghost obviously did it. Thanks for the heads up. I may browse it. Don't know if I'd buy anything though..." He says. "What's your opinion on the bookstore then? Good bad? Think the owner is some Victorian Era countess vampire?" He chuckles at the joke he made. "What's your take on the whole mythology thing?" He asks standing up from the bed. He smiles a little. "What do you do around here?" He asks kindly. He wanted to at least try and get to know her. If she didn't want to share thsts fine, but at least he would have tried.

"Ah so no dogs or anything?" He asks still thinking her phrasing was weird. "Just thought I'd let you know. I can understand being alone then having someone else here can be a big change. So thought I'd say something in case you wanted things to remain the same." He had been ignored in the past so he was curious how she would take him as a roommate. "Why would I go into your room? I understand if I came back exhausted and more or less collapsed, but that's your personal space. Well this all was before I got here... anyway I mean I'll respect your privacy and rule with your room." He couldn't think of any reason he would even try to go in her room. Besides looking insane that is. "Like I said you have first go at shower, kitchen and everything else. That way I don't get in the way." He says honestly to her.

He nods. "Thought I'd offer. I didn't know." Though if she had that much money why not get a house or a better apartment altogether? But he kept that question to himself. "Could be a fake key." He says jokingly before getting his helmet and motorcycle keys. "I'll see if I can work a shift tonight. Don't know how long... maybe 5 hours? I'll find out..." He says. But he would also look for a second job... probably as a dishwasher or actual fry cook. Maybe a server if he got lucky. He really didn't want to work after meeting her, he thought it was rude. But he would need more money to split rent and food costs with her. And he didn't want her to throw him out if she began thinking he was a freeloader...
"Nothing of interest happened from the time that I've lived here. Though I don't spend much time talking with the neighbors. They might have some interesting stories." It wasn't that she was trying to get rid of him, it was just that she honestly didn't have any stories, or at least ones that would be interesting. "No bad stories. When I first moved in the neighbors were nothing but nice. A few guys helped me carry up the couch and the rest of the furniture I found." She grinned, "I haven't really talked to anyone in a while though, they might not even still live around here."

Xandira nodded. "It's certainly interesting, though I don't know how much of it you can take for face value. It's nice knowing that there might be something else out there, humans can be so dull." With a quiet laugh she continued on, "as far as the owner of the shop... I can easily see her being some sort of gothic vampire, she certainly plays the part well enough. Mythology.. with the Gods you mean?" She paused before answering her voice growing more serious as she spoke. "I'm not so certain or eager to believe about those. Those with too much power tend to let themselves be turned into something other than a God. Their power tends to get the better of them in the end and then they end up hurting those around." Her voice probably made it sound like she knew this from experience, which was true. Though, speaking of Gods with certainty was not something that most humans did. She would have to remember that for now she needed to at least act human.

"A dog?" That was a possibility that Xandria had never thought of. Cats were certainly out of the question with their claws and the way that they loved to sneak around getting into what they didn't belong in. "I've never been told that pets aren't allowed, though the possibility of having one never really crossed my mind. I prefer plants. They're good enough company and don't move around or make messes." A small smile appeared on her face. "Plants are something I've always enjoyed." That much was true at least. When she had first appeared in this world she had landed in a forest. There were so many plants. She had lived there for a while and loved it.

"Like I said, I never expected you to go into my room. I was simply stating that was the only thing that you could do to annoy me or upset me. Privacy is important, you know. Don't worry about letting me have first go. The kitchen is foreign to me and I tend to keep odd schedules. Most of the time I'm up all night." She shrugged, angels didn't need to sleep, except under certain circumstances, so most of the time she spent the night reading about new topics or even just looking at the stars. Anything to pass the time really sometimes she even just talked to the plants not that they talked back.

When he made the motion of grabbing his helmet and keys Xandria stepped back from the door. "Work it is then. I'm sure you'll be able to find a second job, just have to wait for the right opportunity to cross your path." As she spoke she wandered over to the couch and flopped down on top of all the pillows making herself a makeshift nest. She had nowhere to go and pulled out the book that she had hidden underneath one of the pillows to read. Finding the page that she had left off on she stuck her thumb between the pages and looked over towards Richard once again. "Good luck in the world out there."

"Nothing of interest happened from the time that I've lived here. Though I don't spend much time talking with the neighbors. They might have some interesting stories." It wasn't that she was trying to get rid of him, it was just that she honestly didn't have any stories, or at least ones that would be interesting. "No bad stories. When I first moved in the neighbors were nothing but nice. A few guys helped me carry up the couch and the rest of the furniture I found." She grinned, "I haven't really talked to anyone in a while though, they might not even still live around here."

Xandira nodded. "It's certainly interesting, though I don't know how much of it you can take for face value. It's nice knowing that there might be something else out there, humans can be so dull." With a quiet laugh she continued on, "as far as the owner of the shop... I can easily see her being some sort of gothic vampire, she certainly plays the part well enough. Mythology.. with the Gods you mean?" She paused before answering her voice growing more serious as she spoke. "I'm not so certain or eager to believe about those. Those with too much power tend to let themselves be turned into something other than a God. Their power tends to get the better of them in the end and then they end up hurting those around." Her voice probably made it sound like she knew this from experience, which was true. Though, speaking of Gods with certainty was not something that most humans did. She would have to remember that for now she needed to at least act human.

"A dog?" That was a possibility that Xandria had never thought of. Cats were certainly out of the question with their claws and the way that they loved to sneak around getting into what they didn't belong in. "I've never been told that pets aren't allowed, though the possibility of having one never really crossed my mind. I prefer plants. They're good enough company and don't move around or make messes." A small smile appeared on her face. "Plants are something I've always enjoyed." That much was true at least. When she had first appeared in this world she had landed in a forest. There were so many plants. She had lived there for a while and loved it.

"Like I said, I never expected you to go into my room. I was simply stating that was the only thing that you could do to annoy me or upset me. Privacy is important, you know. Don't worry about letting me have first go. The kitchen is foreign to me and I tend to keep odd schedules. Most of the time I'm up all night." She shrugged, angels didn't need to sleep, except under certain circumstances, so most of the time she spent the night reading about new topics or even just looking at the stars. Anything to pass the time really sometimes she even just talked to the plants not that they talked back.

When he made the motion of grabbing his helmet and keys Xandria stepped back from the door. "Work it is then. I'm sure you'll be able to find a second job, just have to wait for the right opportunity to cross your path." As she spoke she wandered over to the couch and flopped down on top of all the pillows making herself a makeshift nest. She had nowhere to go and pulled out the book that she had hidden underneath one of the pillows to read. Finding the page that she had left off on she stuck her thumb between the pages and looked over towards Richard once again. "Good luck in the world out there."

"That is nice." He says. He was impressed that they hadn't asked for payment at all. And I'm not sure about that. Your neighbors appear to be keeping to themselves." He says. He hasn't seen anyone besides her on this floor at the moment. Maybe they were all busy or something. Wasn't his business to know anyway so he left it at that. He was also glad it was a nice neighborhood so far. Xandria seemed nice and he would always try to split the rent as well as try to help her out however he could. Granted... he didn't have a lot now... if he got more money than he would help as much as he could.

"Humans? Uh... never mind." Her usage of the word human. It was as if she thought herself different than human. "Oh dhe does? I was only joking and never have seen her before. It's still funny though. Does she seem to never age or something?" He asks jokingly. "Or wear old fashion dresses?" He listens to what she says carefully. "You're probably right but I mainly meant the monsters..." He says honestly though he heard her tone clearly as she spoke seriously and seemed to know from experience what she said. "Sorry if I hit a nerve. I was only curious." He says honestly before dropping the subject. He wondered why she suddenly looked as though she were an expert on it from the beginning like she would suddenly give him a college lecture on it and how it corrupts others though he decided perhaps he best change topics..

"Ah ok. You seem like you may like animals so I thought I'd ask. I had dogs when I was younger. Cats were never my thing... but my friends were always saying how cats were better." He says. "Nothing wrong with plants like you said. Just water and trim. They don't make noise or any messes." He says but looks past her. "Everyone is different so you like plants others like birds etc." He says honestly. He doesn't ask why she likes them though. He assumed it was personal preference.

"I won't enter your room is all I'm reassuring you." He says smiling. "Ok then. But if you need to cook or shower or anything let me know ok? Don't want to inconvenience you when you may be in a rush." He says. "You stay up all night? Can't sleep?" He asks. He looked tired himself. Had he not slept recently? He looked drained, but something said he had been like this before. But he seemed to care more for Xandria and others rather than notice himself being run down..

He put his helmet on and put the keys in his pocket as he put on his watch. He left his room door open, giving her the opportunity to try and learn more from his things. "I don't really know what job I'd take honestly." He says. He looks back at her looking at him. "Thanks back to the wild world beyond." He says sighing he tried seeing what she was reading before walking out and heading downstairs. After awhile she could a motorcycle start and drive away. He was going to the docks. But he forgot to give her his cell phone number.... or eat anything. In the back of his mind he wondered if she thought him rude for trying to get a job sorted out quickly.
"That is nice." He says. He was impressed that they hadn't asked for payment at all. And I'm not sure about that. Your neighbors appear to be keeping to themselves." He says. He hasn't seen anyone besides her on this floor at the moment. Maybe they were all busy or something. Wasn't his business to know anyway so he left it at that. He was also glad it was a nice neighborhood so far. Xandria seemed nice and he would always try to split the rent as well as try to help her out however he could. Granted... he didn't have a lot now... if he got more money than he would help as much as he could.

"Humans? Uh... never mind." Her usage of the word human. It was as if she thought herself different than human. "Oh dhe does? I was only joking and never have seen her before. It's still funny though. Does she seem to never age or something?" He asks jokingly. "Or wear old fashion dresses?" He listens to what she says carefully. "You're probably right but I mainly meant the monsters..." He says honestly though he heard her tone clearly as she spoke seriously and seemed to know from experience what she said. "Sorry if I hit a nerve. I was only curious." He says honestly before dropping the subject. He wondered why she suddenly looked as though she were an expert on it from the beginning like she would suddenly give him a college lecture on it and how it corrupts others though he decided perhaps he best change topics..

"Ah ok. You seem like you may like animals so I thought I'd ask. I had dogs when I was younger. Cats were never my thing... but my friends were always saying how cats were better." He says. "Nothing wrong with plants like you said. Just water and trim. They don't make noise or any messes." He says but looks past her. "Everyone is different so you like plants others like birds etc." He says honestly. He doesn't ask why she likes them though. He assumed it was personal preference.

"I won't enter your room is all I'm reassuring you." He says smiling. "Ok then. But if you need to cook or shower or anything let me know ok? Don't want to inconvenience you when you may be in a rush." He says. "You stay up all night? Can't sleep?" He asks. He looked tired himself. Had he not slept recently? He looked drained, but something said he had been like this before. But he seemed to care more for Xandria and others rather than notice himself being run down..

He put his helmet on and put the keys in his pocket as he put on his watch. He left his room door open, giving her the opportunity to try and learn more from his things. "I don't really know what job I'd take honestly." He says. He looks back at her looking at him. "Thanks back to the wild world beyond." He says sighing he tried seeing what she was reading before walking out and heading downstairs. After awhile she could a motorcycle start and drive away. He was going to the docks. But he forgot to give her his cell phone number.... or eat anything. In the back of his mind he wondered if she thought him rude for trying to get a job sorted out quickly.
Xandria ran the nail of her thumb down the pages of the book when she realized that not only had she made another mistake in her speaking but that he had caught it again. Luckily he moved onto the question of the woman at the bookstore and she grinned while answering. "She tends to wear darker clothing. Lace dresses and all that. Uses an umbrella to keep herself out of the sun."

Listening to his opinion on what she had said about the Gods she couldn't help but feel a bit foolish. Of course he had meant the monsters rather than what she had talked about. Monsters were much more interesting.. more frightening. Or at least that's how it would seem to someone who had never met a God. "Oh.. no sorry I misunderstood what you meant.." She tried to play it off like it was some sort of a joke, though it was probably pretty obvious that she wasn't joking. What she had said was filled with truth, not that Richard would know that.

She almost shrank back into her own mind and didn't respond to anything further. For a long moment she was quiet. "Yes. I don't sleep much." Surprisingly her face showed no signs of being tired. Whens he looked toward Richard she noticed how worn down he looked she couldn't help but feel for him. Humans worked themselves to the bone most of the time he was obviously no different than the rest. The two of them might not be anything more than roommates but she was going to have to make sure that he got some rest."I can't really explain why, just that I've never really slept well." Or at all..

When she noticed that he was glancing towards her book with a curious glint in his eye she lifted it and tilted the cover towards him so that he could read it. Not that the title would probably give anything away to him. Un Coup de Dés Jamais N'Abolira Le Hasard "French poetry." She explained it simply before lowering the book into her lap again.

"I'm sure you'll find something that makes your life better.. even if only slightly" With a grin she waved as he left the apartment before grabbing the quilt off the back of the couch and wrapped herself in it before settling into her book.
Xandria ran the nail of her thumb down the pages of the book when she realized that not only had she made another mistake in her speaking but that he had caught it again. Luckily he moved onto the question of the woman at the bookstore and she grinned while answering. "She tends to wear darker clothing. Lace dresses and all that. Uses an umbrella to keep herself out of the sun."

Listening to his opinion on what she had said about the Gods she couldn't help but feel a bit foolish. Of course he had meant the monsters rather than what she had talked about. Monsters were much more interesting.. more frightening. Or at least that's how it would seem to someone who had never met a God. "Oh.. no sorry I misunderstood what you meant.." She tried to play it off like it was some sort of a joke, though it was probably pretty obvious that she wasn't joking. What she had said was filled with truth, not that Richard would know that.

She almost shrank back into her own mind and didn't respond to anything further. For a long moment she was quiet. "Yes. I don't sleep much." Surprisingly her face showed no signs of being tired. Whens he looked toward Richard she noticed how worn down he looked she couldn't help but feel for him. Humans worked themselves to the bone most of the time he was obviously no different than the rest. The two of them might not be anything more than roommates but she was going to have to make sure that he got some rest."I can't really explain why, just that I've never really slept well." Or at all..

When she noticed that he was glancing towards her book with a curious glint in his eye she lifted it and tilted the cover towards him so that he could read it. Not that the title would probably give anything away to him. Un Coup de Dés Jamais N'Abolira Le Hasard "French poetry." She explained it simply before lowering the book into her lap again.

"I'm sure you'll find something that makes your life better.. even if only slightly" With a grin she waved as he left the apartment before grabbing the quilt off the back of the couch and wrapped herself in it before settling into her book.
Before he had left he heard what she said about the bookstore owner. "Ever talk with her? I mean... how old lace dresses? It's kind of odd... you know?" He moved past her odd way of talking though. Though he didn't realize just how pleased she was that he moved on.

"It's ok." He says he hid his opinion about how serious she had been when discussing the myths. He wondered what happened so that she was like this? Though he was curious about what she knew about myths since she changed her actions so quickly, did he say something wrong? He quickly wanted to change the subject. Unfortunately back to the book store. "Buy any books from there?" He asks.

"Well least you have plenty of energy." He says. "I wish I could say the same." He mutters. He was impressed that she looked so rested. "So, any plans?" He asks looking tired. "Hope you rest well though." He says honestly. He didn't know how obvious his exhaustion was at all.. he hasn't seen himself in the mirror at all. It was surprising he still stood. Or was concentrating as much. He looked about ready to collapse. And he was pursuing a second job? Thst might make it worse...

He looked overwhelmed he couldn't understand french or anything. He was impressed she was so proficient in things. Though he kept to himself about it. He was average when it came to education. And here Xandria was college if not farther higher in education than he was. He wondered which school she graduated from. Though he wouldn't ask. She didn't seem interested in telling him things about herself. He basically told her everything about him, unless she thought she could learn more through rummaging through what he had in his room.

He looked unsure about what she said before he left. And she could hear him ride away.
Before he had left he heard what she said about the bookstore owner. "Ever talk with her? I mean... how old lace dresses? It's kind of odd... you know?" He moved past her odd way of talking though. Though he didn't realize just how pleased she was that he moved on.

"It's ok." He says he hid his opinion about how serious she had been when discussing the myths. He wondered what happened so that she was like this? Though he was curious about what she knew about myths since she changed her actions so quickly, did he say something wrong? He quickly wanted to change the subject. Unfortunately back to the book store. "Buy any books from there?" He asks.

"Well least you have plenty of energy." He says. "I wish I could say the same." He mutters. He was impressed that she looked so rested. "So, any plans?" He asks looking tired. "Hope you rest well though." He says honestly. He didn't know how obvious his exhaustion was at all.. he hasn't seen himself in the mirror at all. It was surprising he still stood. Or was concentrating as much. He looked about ready to collapse. And he was pursuing a second job? Thst might make it worse...

He looked overwhelmed he couldn't understand french or anything. He was impressed she was so proficient in things. Though he kept to himself about it. He was average when it came to education. And here Xandria was college if not farther higher in education than he was. He wondered which school she graduated from. Though he wouldn't ask. She didn't seem interested in telling him things about herself. He basically told her everything about him, unless she thought she could learn more through rummaging through what he had in his room.

He looked unsure about what she said before he left. And she could hear him ride away.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46