Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sailors & Sirens {Open & Inviting}
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 191 192
@SnakeMother

It's really funny how everybody has to ping me to ask. I have never (and likely never will) refuse to let someone rp. Post a character sheet and join us. Welcome.

Is that how the whole RP came across btw? Gay Mermaid island Party? XD

@Wisea

Please feel free to post!
@SnakeMother

It's really funny how everybody has to ping me to ask. I have never (and likely never will) refuse to let someone rp. Post a character sheet and join us. Welcome.

Is that how the whole RP came across btw? Gay Mermaid island Party? XD

@Wisea

Please feel free to post!
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
Th-The mermaid, could, talk? "I think the heat is getting to me."

I hopped through the searing hot sand to the shade. This was my first indication that I was not alone on the land.

A string of claws and teeth had been draped on a tree. There were plenty of healed gouges. Taking the tooth in my fingers I dropped it instantly realizing the string was in fact dead tissue. There were stories of this place.

It was chosen as Exisle because of the mermaid and siren population. On top of that, at one point people had tried to inhabit this place and instead after everything went to hell they become cannibals.

There were only sharp toothed, long clawed predators here who liked to feast on human flesh. The fruit was toxic and water was always scarce.

My mind went off on a birdwalk. Mermaids and sirens were described as maneaters. Well, I was not a man. Thank the gods none of the crew of either ship had ever figured such a thing or I'd be a whole nother thing entirely.

The mermaid seemed playful, but the sharp teeth and shark fin was a constant reminder, they were deadly.

First things first- I thought as I looked around- water and food. Water first, food second. I cast one last glance at the mermaid before making my way into the shaded forest.

(( Character sheet has been updated))
Th-The mermaid, could, talk? "I think the heat is getting to me."

I hopped through the searing hot sand to the shade. This was my first indication that I was not alone on the land.

A string of claws and teeth had been draped on a tree. There were plenty of healed gouges. Taking the tooth in my fingers I dropped it instantly realizing the string was in fact dead tissue. There were stories of this place.

It was chosen as Exisle because of the mermaid and siren population. On top of that, at one point people had tried to inhabit this place and instead after everything went to hell they become cannibals.

There were only sharp toothed, long clawed predators here who liked to feast on human flesh. The fruit was toxic and water was always scarce.

My mind went off on a birdwalk. Mermaids and sirens were described as maneaters. Well, I was not a man. Thank the gods none of the crew of either ship had ever figured such a thing or I'd be a whole nother thing entirely.

The mermaid seemed playful, but the sharp teeth and shark fin was a constant reminder, they were deadly.

First things first- I thought as I looked around- water and food. Water first, food second. I cast one last glance at the mermaid before making my way into the shaded forest.

(( Character sheet has been updated))
QFXpYkj.png

Deima lay on the bottom of the ocean, far from shore, in the depths. She rhythmically flashed her spots, hoping to attract some prey or something at all. She hadn't even for three weeks, and her life was becoming dull and useless. The siren gazed up through the water, gazing at the small bands of light that reached through the water. Life, and beauty, and fresh water was up there. No eye-popping pressure, darkness, and dirty whale carcasses.
Deima reached a dark hand upwards towards the surface longingly, lights flashing in its direction.
Her tail lashed like a ribbon, and she ascended upwards. The light got brighter, and a couple fish swam past her.

Also a foot.

Deima raised an eyebrow as she snatched the severed limb from the water, investigative. She looks South, the isle in the distance. Some humans have died, which meant food.
The mer swam towards it, searching for more flesh.

Deima lay on the bottom of the ocean, far from shore, in the depths. She rhythmically flashed her spots, hoping to attract some prey or something at all. She hadn't even for three weeks, and her life was becoming dull and useless. The siren gazed up through the water, gazing at the small bands of light that reached through the water. Life, and beauty, and fresh water was up there. No eye-popping pressure, darkness, and dirty whale carcasses.
Deima reached a dark hand upwards towards the surface longingly, lights flashing in its direction.
Her tail lashed like a ribbon, and she ascended upwards. The light got brighter, and a couple fish swam past her.

Also a foot.

Deima raised an eyebrow as she snatched the severed limb from the water, investigative. She looks South, the isle in the distance. Some humans have died, which meant food.
The mer swam towards it, searching for more flesh.
((Bolded words are her direct thoughts))
The siren followed the girl in a salty "river" that jutted into the land a bit. Usually she wouldn't risk a trip through the island, but she was bored. Besides, humans could bring a lot of food if they were in debt to you. Especially if you free them. She began to think of the only time she had helped a human escape, before pulling herself back into the moment. "Hello, doomed one." She spoke clearly in the human's strange language, something few others could do, and she learned from the one man who managed to impress her with logic... "You must be looking for essentials. Or at least, you should be. I can point you in the right direction, if you'll do something for me. As a sign of goodwill, I'll give you one piece of advice free. If your wise, you'll not enter the forest. In it lies fresh water, but also extreme danger. Any other advice will cost you." She gave a toothy grin. "Of course, you can ignore my direction and lead yourself to certain death. The choice is yours." She laughed coldly, uncaringly, and waited for the thing's response.
((Bolded words are her direct thoughts))
The siren followed the girl in a salty "river" that jutted into the land a bit. Usually she wouldn't risk a trip through the island, but she was bored. Besides, humans could bring a lot of food if they were in debt to you. Especially if you free them. She began to think of the only time she had helped a human escape, before pulling herself back into the moment. "Hello, doomed one." She spoke clearly in the human's strange language, something few others could do, and she learned from the one man who managed to impress her with logic... "You must be looking for essentials. Or at least, you should be. I can point you in the right direction, if you'll do something for me. As a sign of goodwill, I'll give you one piece of advice free. If your wise, you'll not enter the forest. In it lies fresh water, but also extreme danger. Any other advice will cost you." She gave a toothy grin. "Of course, you can ignore my direction and lead yourself to certain death. The choice is yours." She laughed coldly, uncaringly, and waited for the thing's response.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
As the land dweller walked away, the Sharkmaid looked a bit alerted, as she disappeared into the forest before Saber could reach out to her, she hasn't been able to realize it before. But it looked like she had sent the land dweller to her own doom by sending her on this place, but well she'd have die by being chained up on the bottom of the ocean too. She headed back further out to the sea, she'd recognized this place, as it left both physical and mental scars to the Sharkmaid years ago.

The physical scar healed but mentally it'd never fade away, her black eyes trained on the island, observed it wistfully before she'd go underwater again. The land dweller wouldn't have the chance to survive in a place like that, Saber would try to swim around the island to find another route to get further in, one that was safe and big enough for her. She was unaware of the Sirens getting an easier access into the land by other means, as she'd be too big and noticeable to the dangerous creatures inhabited the island. It was too risky like that and she wasn't going to give up her own life for some land dweller.

Then it occurred to her, why should she be worry about the sailor again? She had saved her once before from drowning to her death, Saber wasn't going to babysit any land dwellers. She thought with a huff before going back to her packmates, they were still busied themselves with exploring the ship that they've sunk before, ignored all the half-eaten sailors floating around in the ocean, the other sea predators would be happy to feast on the bodies later, or some other group of mermaids would come to ask for a piece. Finding any sort of thing that could be of use at all, or at least to entertain themselves. Humans were such strange creature and their devices never failed to amuse the Merfolks, but they'd be careful too, as some of devices could be deadly.

As the land dweller walked away, the Sharkmaid looked a bit alerted, as she disappeared into the forest before Saber could reach out to her, she hasn't been able to realize it before. But it looked like she had sent the land dweller to her own doom by sending her on this place, but well she'd have die by being chained up on the bottom of the ocean too. She headed back further out to the sea, she'd recognized this place, as it left both physical and mental scars to the Sharkmaid years ago.

The physical scar healed but mentally it'd never fade away, her black eyes trained on the island, observed it wistfully before she'd go underwater again. The land dweller wouldn't have the chance to survive in a place like that, Saber would try to swim around the island to find another route to get further in, one that was safe and big enough for her. She was unaware of the Sirens getting an easier access into the land by other means, as she'd be too big and noticeable to the dangerous creatures inhabited the island. It was too risky like that and she wasn't going to give up her own life for some land dweller.

Then it occurred to her, why should she be worry about the sailor again? She had saved her once before from drowning to her death, Saber wasn't going to babysit any land dwellers. She thought with a huff before going back to her packmates, they were still busied themselves with exploring the ship that they've sunk before, ignored all the half-eaten sailors floating around in the ocean, the other sea predators would be happy to feast on the bodies later, or some other group of mermaids would come to ask for a piece. Finding any sort of thing that could be of use at all, or at least to entertain themselves. Humans were such strange creature and their devices never failed to amuse the Merfolks, but they'd be careful too, as some of devices could be deadly.

"I'm going crazy," Before I could further address the mercreature there was a snap in the woods behind me. The pungent smell of rotting flesh. I half turned as a claw swiped at my back. With a yelp I scrambled the opposite direction. Back to the beach.

My feet burned in the sand so I waded into the waves up to my knees, making sure there was no sign of that mermaid from earlier. Then I turned my gaze back to the trees.

Long haired faces with war paint no doubt based in blood. Furs hung from the once human bodies. At once I knew those were the cannibals. They made the mermaids look absolutely delightful. If they were going to kill and eat me at least they were pretty.

To my horror they began to creep down the sand on all fours, fangs bared and eyes fierce. If only I had a knife! I looked around and ran along the surf. There was reef everywhere but not a single rock to be had. Not a thing!

"Hello!? Somebody!" The wind began to pick up into a howl around me as my fear also ran out of control and blood trailed behind me in the water. Now I needed bandages, food, water, and a shelter the cannibals couldn't enter. I'd be dead by the next day.
"I'm going crazy," Before I could further address the mercreature there was a snap in the woods behind me. The pungent smell of rotting flesh. I half turned as a claw swiped at my back. With a yelp I scrambled the opposite direction. Back to the beach.

My feet burned in the sand so I waded into the waves up to my knees, making sure there was no sign of that mermaid from earlier. Then I turned my gaze back to the trees.

Long haired faces with war paint no doubt based in blood. Furs hung from the once human bodies. At once I knew those were the cannibals. They made the mermaids look absolutely delightful. If they were going to kill and eat me at least they were pretty.

To my horror they began to creep down the sand on all fours, fangs bared and eyes fierce. If only I had a knife! I looked around and ran along the surf. There was reef everywhere but not a single rock to be had. Not a thing!

"Hello!? Somebody!" The wind began to pick up into a howl around me as my fear also ran out of control and blood trailed behind me in the water. Now I needed bandages, food, water, and a shelter the cannibals couldn't enter. I'd be dead by the next day.
QFXpYkj.png

Deima swam smoothly through the shallow isle waters, dark in contrast compared to the water and fish. Blood was in the water, she could taste and smell. She guessed there was an entire wreck with this many pieces of flesh floating about.
She found a sliver of a wood plank stuck in the ground, which meant the shipwreck was nearby. Her catlike eyes scan the bay.
A stark and shady blob sat in the distance, blood drifting from it. The siren slowly swam closer, wary of strangers.

''Hello?'' She sounded in a low moan from her that carried through the water.

Deima swam smoothly through the shallow isle waters, dark in contrast compared to the water and fish. Blood was in the water, she could taste and smell. She guessed there was an entire wreck with this many pieces of flesh floating about.
She found a sliver of a wood plank stuck in the ground, which meant the shipwreck was nearby. Her catlike eyes scan the bay.
A stark and shady blob sat in the distance, blood drifting from it. The siren slowly swam closer, wary of strangers.

''Hello?'' She sounded in a low moan from her that carried through the water.
Keto swam quickly out to the cave before the cannibals could catch a glimpse of her. The last thing she needed was for them to chase her back to her home. Luckily, she escaped unnoticed. Peering out at the beach, she saw the cannibals approaching the girl. She decided to offer at least a little help. After all, it would be a shame if the fun ended this fast. This girl had spirit, and that could be amusing. Swimming up, all the while wary of mermaids, she made her way up to the shore.

"Hey girl, plug your ears!!" She waited for her to, pleased that this group of cannibals couldn't understand human language. ((I'm assuming she plugs her ears, because otherwise she'd probably be led to her death)) I then becan to sing. There was enough human left in them for them to be extremely susceptible, and she led them to a nearby cliff. They were wary, but her voice overpowered conscious thought, and they walked to their death, crashing into the rocks that jutted out of the water. She returned to the beach.

"My offer still stands. I can tell you that's not anywhere near all the cannibals, and you need help if your going to survive." She waited for the girls response, swimming to shallow water where the mermaids couldn't reach.
Keto swam quickly out to the cave before the cannibals could catch a glimpse of her. The last thing she needed was for them to chase her back to her home. Luckily, she escaped unnoticed. Peering out at the beach, she saw the cannibals approaching the girl. She decided to offer at least a little help. After all, it would be a shame if the fun ended this fast. This girl had spirit, and that could be amusing. Swimming up, all the while wary of mermaids, she made her way up to the shore.

"Hey girl, plug your ears!!" She waited for her to, pleased that this group of cannibals couldn't understand human language. ((I'm assuming she plugs her ears, because otherwise she'd probably be led to her death)) I then becan to sing. There was enough human left in them for them to be extremely susceptible, and she led them to a nearby cliff. They were wary, but her voice overpowered conscious thought, and they walked to their death, crashing into the rocks that jutted out of the water. She returned to the beach.

"My offer still stands. I can tell you that's not anywhere near all the cannibals, and you need help if your going to survive." She waited for the girls response, swimming to shallow water where the mermaids couldn't reach.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
Saber and her group were cleaning up the inedible pieces of the sailors, clothes and objects and all that. The Sharkmaid grabbed a long stick like thing, she examined it carefully before grabbed the handle of the thing and pulled it out of its sheath, it was one of those sharp thing that those land dwellers called 'swords'. She'd put it back to its place, know not to mess around with the thing, then looked around to see a smaller version of it as well, a 'dagger' or 'knife'.

As well as a roll of cloth, she'd shrugged and gathered them up in her arms, and was about to follow the rest of the Merfolks to dispose of the objects, not polluting the water with land dwellers' unnatural things. Until she deteced a faint trace of blood in the water, quickly turned her head around to the current it came from, and her eyes widened in realization. Quickly hurried back to the cove, following the smell of blood. She swirled through the water, sending every livign creatures scattered in her wake.

Saber's fins flickered at the sound of singing, her eyes narrowed as her mouth pulled into a snarl. Sirens. Moved along the shores, though she couldn't reach the shallowed places, she'd pop up to the surface, the girl called out desperately as she was chasing by those barbaric ones. Though she could clearly spotted the Siren as she sang and drove the group away from the limping human.
"Sirens!" The Sharkmaid called out with a snarl in warning. Her arms were still occupied with the humans strange objects as she swam around, trying to find a way to get near the Sirens and the land dweller.
Saber and her group were cleaning up the inedible pieces of the sailors, clothes and objects and all that. The Sharkmaid grabbed a long stick like thing, she examined it carefully before grabbed the handle of the thing and pulled it out of its sheath, it was one of those sharp thing that those land dwellers called 'swords'. She'd put it back to its place, know not to mess around with the thing, then looked around to see a smaller version of it as well, a 'dagger' or 'knife'.

As well as a roll of cloth, she'd shrugged and gathered them up in her arms, and was about to follow the rest of the Merfolks to dispose of the objects, not polluting the water with land dwellers' unnatural things. Until she deteced a faint trace of blood in the water, quickly turned her head around to the current it came from, and her eyes widened in realization. Quickly hurried back to the cove, following the smell of blood. She swirled through the water, sending every livign creatures scattered in her wake.

Saber's fins flickered at the sound of singing, her eyes narrowed as her mouth pulled into a snarl. Sirens. Moved along the shores, though she couldn't reach the shallowed places, she'd pop up to the surface, the girl called out desperately as she was chasing by those barbaric ones. Though she could clearly spotted the Siren as she sang and drove the group away from the limping human.
"Sirens!" The Sharkmaid called out with a snarl in warning. Her arms were still occupied with the humans strange objects as she swam around, trying to find a way to get near the Sirens and the land dweller.
Name: Marren
Species: Human (The adventurous bookworm variety, no less)
Secret/Item:* Very bright; well versed in the sciences, namely marine biology and physics.
Inventory: A pair of goggles, sea-soaked notebooks and ledgers, a world map and a magnet.
Appearance: Mar is a pretty short young woman, just barely scraping at the 5'0" mark. She is pretty curvy, and lacks any substantial muscle to speak of. Her hair is a warm brown, and hangs to her mid-back in untamed waves; she pins it up sometimes in a loose bun to keep it out of her face or to help her concentrate. She has mussy eyebrows and light brown eyes which, remarkably, turn green when exposed to salt-based water (tears, seawater, etc. Dead*ss this actually happens to me and I didn't realize it did until it was pointed out to me once!! But I digress lol). Wears a pair of tattered trousers that go to her knee, and an old sea-faring shirt that has definitely seen better days. Mar also tends to walk around barefoot, even in the hot sand, due to her feet building up a thicker skin on the bottom after a year of walking around the island barefoot. Marren has a cheerful face and carries a small knapsack wherever she goes.
Extra: Mar has been stranded on the island for well over a year and a half after an expedition gone wrong. She had chartered a small fishing boat and a crew to aid her in her current research project- the mapping of a strange crescent isle that was supposedly home to mermaids and sirens, and if the rumors were true, to study these curious creatures.
That didn't go very well; as the ship turned into the bay, they were quickly set upon by the mermaids themselves. Marren managed to pack some of her papers and items neccessary for study on the way out, along with a harpoon gun to defend herself. She then jumped into the water and swam to shore, where she witnessed, awestruck, the systematic dismemberment of her able-bodied crew.
It's been nearly two years since, and Marren has regarded the stranding as something of a miracle; once she finishes studying what she pleases, she will find a way back home and publish the studies, becoming the first scientist ever to record the presence of mermaids and the strange evolutionary patterns on the island.
Marren tries to stay away from the mermaids for the most part, but every now and then she will do some trading with them- mostly knowledge. How to best prepare a sea-cucumber, how to neutralize the effects of Sea-Krait venom, how to extricate a limb from the jaws of an eel, etc. In return, they leave her alone. For the most part.
Name: Marren
Species: Human (The adventurous bookworm variety, no less)
Secret/Item:* Very bright; well versed in the sciences, namely marine biology and physics.
Inventory: A pair of goggles, sea-soaked notebooks and ledgers, a world map and a magnet.
Appearance: Mar is a pretty short young woman, just barely scraping at the 5'0" mark. She is pretty curvy, and lacks any substantial muscle to speak of. Her hair is a warm brown, and hangs to her mid-back in untamed waves; she pins it up sometimes in a loose bun to keep it out of her face or to help her concentrate. She has mussy eyebrows and light brown eyes which, remarkably, turn green when exposed to salt-based water (tears, seawater, etc. Dead*ss this actually happens to me and I didn't realize it did until it was pointed out to me once!! But I digress lol). Wears a pair of tattered trousers that go to her knee, and an old sea-faring shirt that has definitely seen better days. Mar also tends to walk around barefoot, even in the hot sand, due to her feet building up a thicker skin on the bottom after a year of walking around the island barefoot. Marren has a cheerful face and carries a small knapsack wherever she goes.
Extra: Mar has been stranded on the island for well over a year and a half after an expedition gone wrong. She had chartered a small fishing boat and a crew to aid her in her current research project- the mapping of a strange crescent isle that was supposedly home to mermaids and sirens, and if the rumors were true, to study these curious creatures.
That didn't go very well; as the ship turned into the bay, they were quickly set upon by the mermaids themselves. Marren managed to pack some of her papers and items neccessary for study on the way out, along with a harpoon gun to defend herself. She then jumped into the water and swam to shore, where she witnessed, awestruck, the systematic dismemberment of her able-bodied crew.
It's been nearly two years since, and Marren has regarded the stranding as something of a miracle; once she finishes studying what she pleases, she will find a way back home and publish the studies, becoming the first scientist ever to record the presence of mermaids and the strange evolutionary patterns on the island.
Marren tries to stay away from the mermaids for the most part, but every now and then she will do some trading with them- mostly knowledge. How to best prepare a sea-cucumber, how to neutralize the effects of Sea-Krait venom, how to extricate a limb from the jaws of an eel, etc. In return, they leave her alone. For the most part.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 191 192