Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sailors & Sirens {Open & Inviting}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 191 192
I'm going back an forth between laptop and phone to get character info written. >^<

Hopefully I'll have it done soon.
I'm going back an forth between laptop and phone to get character info written. >^<

Hopefully I'll have it done soon.
Beans.
No worries, take your time ^^ Can't wait to see your character when they're done then!
No worries, take your time ^^ Can't wait to see your character when they're done then!
Hopefully if I have time tomorrow I'll be able to at lesst sketch them too. x^x
Hopefully if I have time tomorrow I'll be able to at lesst sketch them too. x^x
Beans.
[b]Name:[/b] Kuarsa [b]Species:[/b] Lionfish Siren [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Likes:[/b] -She loves the night, it's peaceful and she can see better. -Being alone is a big one, hunting alone, eating alone... It's just how she lives. -Sleeping throughout the day, exploring through out the night -Deep water and reefs, more hiding space. -Maintaining her territory -Anything moving really (Good eats >n> ) -Taunting/teasing [b]Dislikes:[/b] -Day, the light hurts her eyes. (Hypersensitivity ;o ) -Large groups/ packs. With her being alone she could easily get whooped. -Sleepless [s]Days[/s] -Shallow, reefless water. -When anyone invades her territory. -Basically anything opposite to what she likes. -Getting taunted/teased herself. [b]Appearance:[/b] Dark crimson tail with fine white/orangish stripes. Like most sirens/mermaids, upper half woman, lower half fish. To go with her tail her upper half is a light mocha colour, with shoulder length mahogany hair. Venomous spines spread out across her body. Her gills are on the sides of her neck, being able to somewhat flare open when she is annoyed. Despite eating as much as she does, she has a small frame. [b]Extras:[b] -Like lionfish fish, she eats very much, prefers to be alone, and is mostly nocturnal. ;o .. There are a few things that get under her skin, but I'll leave that as a surprise. :D (I'm tired.. Can't think all that well at the moment.) -Her most awkward trait, she gets extremely curious. She'll loose train of thought and stray from her main objective. -Like typical sirens, she does sing. -She can fold her spines down if needed, to prevent from poking anyone. :o -Fun Fact: She has dual colour eyes. :p Done at 3:30 am ;-; [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295205335533355008/353805585139105792/Kuarsa_Full_Body.png[/img]
Name: Kuarsa

Species: Lionfish Siren

-She loves the night, it's peaceful and she can see better.
-Being alone is a big one, hunting alone, eating alone... It's just how she lives.
-Sleeping throughout the day, exploring through out the night
-Deep water and reefs, more hiding space.
-Maintaining her territory
-Anything moving really (Good eats >n> )
-Taunting/teasing

Dislikes:
-Day, the light hurts her eyes. (Hypersensitivity ;o )
-Large groups/ packs. With her being alone she could easily get whooped.
-Sleepless Days
-Shallow, reefless water.
-When anyone invades her territory.
-Basically anything opposite to what she likes.
-Getting taunted/teased herself.

Appearance: Dark crimson tail with fine white/orangish stripes. Like most sirens/mermaids, upper half woman, lower half fish. To go with her tail her upper half is a light mocha colour, with shoulder length mahogany hair. Venomous spines spread out across her body. Her gills are on the sides of her neck, being able to somewhat flare open when she is annoyed. Despite eating as much as she does, she has a small frame.

Extras:
-Like lionfish fish, she eats very much, prefers to be alone, and is mostly nocturnal. ;o .. There are a few things that get under her skin, but I'll leave that as a surprise. :D (I'm tired.. Can't think all that well at the moment.)
-Her most awkward trait, she gets extremely curious. She'll loose train of thought and stray from her main objective.
-Like typical sirens, she does sing.
-She can fold her spines down if needed, to prevent from poking anyone. :o
-Fun Fact: She has dual colour eyes. :p

Done at 3:30 am ;-;
Kuarsa_Full_Body.png

Beans.
I'm glad you decided to join us Empress ^^

Wonderful character. You read my mind about the light sensitivity for sirens.
I'm glad you decided to join us Empress ^^

Wonderful character. You read my mind about the light sensitivity for sirens.
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
:o I skimmed yours but didn't in-depth read it at first, I was just following what I read about lionfish. But now that I did read it: this is a bit awkward on my end. ^^; Was hoping I wouldn't end up copying anyone.

Though: You have a nice character as well. c:
:o I skimmed yours but didn't in-depth read it at first, I was just following what I read about lionfish. But now that I did read it: this is a bit awkward on my end. ^^; Was hoping I wouldn't end up copying anyone.

Though: You have a nice character as well. c:
Beans.
Whoop, no worries, you didn't copy anyone honestly ^^ But nice character indeed, Empress!

Can't wait to know more about the lore of Mermaids and Sirens tbh, I need to know if there's anything important that needs to he added xD
Whoop, no worries, you didn't copy anyone honestly ^^ But nice character indeed, Empress!

Can't wait to know more about the lore of Mermaids and Sirens tbh, I need to know if there's anything important that needs to he added xD
Mermaids:

Mermaids are still maneaters. They use their beauty rather than their song to draw humans into their clutches.

They tend to roam in groups or packs, making hunting and survival easier. They tend to be larger than the sirens and are stronger. They prefer bright, beautiful reefs where there are plenty of fish for when humans are scarce.

Sirens:

Sirens use more conniving means than the mermaids. Their saliva is laced with a heart stopping toxin that has yet to fail them, making them a difficult foe to escape. Leaving the water with a bite is hardly an escape at all, just a waste of food.

Sirens have snappier personalities and tend to live alone, maintaining their ideal territory and nothing more.

Sirens are more lithe and much smaller than mermaids. What they lack in strength they make up for in agility, speed, and poison.

Their voices work on all part humans. Like anything, some sirens are better at singing than others and can lure humans more easily. How loud the call is can also have an effect. The more human a person is, the more susceptible they are.
* A side note- things that look like humans that might not be humans, can be almost completely immune to the song.

Both:

Possess sharp predatory teeth and claws and the ability to detect blood a mile away.

Mermaids and sirens alike have each made the fatal mistake once or twice getting too close to the shore and falling prey to the cannibals on the island.

Their frenzied mind and roughshod living for generations have made them more beast than man and brutal in a fight.

Once dragged into the sand and surrounded on all sides, neither species stands much of a chance... without a little help ;)
Mermaids:

Mermaids are still maneaters. They use their beauty rather than their song to draw humans into their clutches.

They tend to roam in groups or packs, making hunting and survival easier. They tend to be larger than the sirens and are stronger. They prefer bright, beautiful reefs where there are plenty of fish for when humans are scarce.

Sirens:

Sirens use more conniving means than the mermaids. Their saliva is laced with a heart stopping toxin that has yet to fail them, making them a difficult foe to escape. Leaving the water with a bite is hardly an escape at all, just a waste of food.

Sirens have snappier personalities and tend to live alone, maintaining their ideal territory and nothing more.

Sirens are more lithe and much smaller than mermaids. What they lack in strength they make up for in agility, speed, and poison.

Their voices work on all part humans. Like anything, some sirens are better at singing than others and can lure humans more easily. How loud the call is can also have an effect. The more human a person is, the more susceptible they are.
* A side note- things that look like humans that might not be humans, can be almost completely immune to the song.

Both:

Possess sharp predatory teeth and claws and the ability to detect blood a mile away.

Mermaids and sirens alike have each made the fatal mistake once or twice getting too close to the shore and falling prey to the cannibals on the island.

Their frenzied mind and roughshod living for generations have made them more beast than man and brutal in a fight.

Once dragged into the sand and surrounded on all sides, neither species stands much of a chance... without a little help ;)
QFXpYkj.png
Ahhh, nice! ^^
Ahhh, nice! ^^
Anything I left out??
Anything I left out??
QFXpYkj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 191 192