Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sailors & Sirens {Open & Inviting}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 191 192
Sailors & Sirens

You are assumed to be a pirate, found on board a pirate ship, and are stranded on Exisle, the island from which no one has ever returned. Inhabited by man eating creatures on land and scaly temptresses by the sea, there is no escape. Unless...

Unless you could manage to charm one of the mermaids or sirens. The cannibals would surely eat you. Mermaids and sirens can be playful and deadly. Telling the difference is difficult and vital. Can you survive to do so?

Or do you want to escape at all? You've been handed your own private island, granted you're able to kill the cannibals.

Plot: It's a matter of survival. How you do that is up to you. You get one item/ secret to help. (No wings. You can't just fly off)

Rules:

1) Give characters depth
2) LGBTQ friendly
3) No gods or OP characters
4) Be polite
5) Have fun

Characters: For this to work to it's fullest we need a few stranded sailors and a few sirens and a few mermaids. There will be NO limit on the slots, I'll add slots should the need arise.

Character Layout:

Name:
Species:
Secret/Item:* This only applies to Sailors (For example your character is trained in hand to hand combat or managed to sneak a pocket knife when they were exiled.)
Likes/Dislikes: *This applies only Sirens/Mermaids
Appearance: Words or Doodles are good
Extra:

"Sailors":

1) @Wolfspell
2) @Avanari
3) @Apothis
4) @
5) @
6) @
7)
8)

Sirens:

1) @DragonWarrior333
2) @Darkmoonbreeder
3) @Flamestar03
4) @InkedMyths
5) @KyraWolf
6) @
7) @

Mermaids:

1) @BlackJay
2) @dragongem23
3) @RockyDrago
4) @ZaentheUndead
5) @
6) Still open and Adding

Mermaids:

Mermaids are still maneaters. They use their beauty rather than their song to draw humans into their clutches.

They tend to roam in groups or packs, making hunting and survival easier. They tend to be larger than the sirens and are stronger. They prefer bright, beautiful reefs where there are plenty of fish for when humans are scarce.

Sirens:

Sirens use more conniving means than the mermaids. Their saliva is laced with a heart stopping toxin that has yet to fail them, making them a difficult foe to escape. Leaving the water with a bite is hardly an escape at all, just a waste of food.

Sirens have snappier personalities and tend to live alone, maintaining their ideal territory and nothing more.

Sirens are more lithe and much smaller than mermaids. What they lack in strength they make up for in agility, speed, and poison.

Their voices work on all part humans. Like anything, some sirens are better at singing than others and can lure humans more easily. How loud the call is can also have an effect. The more human a person is, the more susceptible they are.
* A side note- things that look like humans that might not be humans, can be almost completely immune to the song.

These smaller but just as deadly sea maidens hail from four original sisters:
  • The Wild One
  • The Starlet
  • The Mistress
  • The Seductress

Both:

Possess sharp predatory teeth and claws and the ability to detect blood a mile away.

Mermaids and sirens alike have each made the fatal mistake once or twice getting too close to the shore and falling prey to the cannibals on the island.

Their frenzied mind and roughshod living for generations have made them more beast than man and brutal in a fight.

Once dragged into the sand and surrounded on all sides, neither species stands much of a chance... without a little help ;)

Map of Exisle
Sailors & Sirens

You are assumed to be a pirate, found on board a pirate ship, and are stranded on Exisle, the island from which no one has ever returned. Inhabited by man eating creatures on land and scaly temptresses by the sea, there is no escape. Unless...

Unless you could manage to charm one of the mermaids or sirens. The cannibals would surely eat you. Mermaids and sirens can be playful and deadly. Telling the difference is difficult and vital. Can you survive to do so?

Or do you want to escape at all? You've been handed your own private island, granted you're able to kill the cannibals.

Plot: It's a matter of survival. How you do that is up to you. You get one item/ secret to help. (No wings. You can't just fly off)

Rules:

1) Give characters depth
2) LGBTQ friendly
3) No gods or OP characters
4) Be polite
5) Have fun

Characters: For this to work to it's fullest we need a few stranded sailors and a few sirens and a few mermaids. There will be NO limit on the slots, I'll add slots should the need arise.

Character Layout:

Name:
Species:
Secret/Item:* This only applies to Sailors (For example your character is trained in hand to hand combat or managed to sneak a pocket knife when they were exiled.)
Likes/Dislikes: *This applies only Sirens/Mermaids
Appearance: Words or Doodles are good
Extra:

"Sailors":

1) @Wolfspell
2) @Avanari
3) @Apothis
4) @
5) @
6) @
7)
8)

Sirens:

1) @DragonWarrior333
2) @Darkmoonbreeder
3) @Flamestar03
4) @InkedMyths
5) @KyraWolf
6) @
7) @

Mermaids:

1) @BlackJay
2) @dragongem23
3) @RockyDrago
4) @ZaentheUndead
5) @
6) Still open and Adding

Mermaids:

Mermaids are still maneaters. They use their beauty rather than their song to draw humans into their clutches.

They tend to roam in groups or packs, making hunting and survival easier. They tend to be larger than the sirens and are stronger. They prefer bright, beautiful reefs where there are plenty of fish for when humans are scarce.

Sirens:

Sirens use more conniving means than the mermaids. Their saliva is laced with a heart stopping toxin that has yet to fail them, making them a difficult foe to escape. Leaving the water with a bite is hardly an escape at all, just a waste of food.

Sirens have snappier personalities and tend to live alone, maintaining their ideal territory and nothing more.

Sirens are more lithe and much smaller than mermaids. What they lack in strength they make up for in agility, speed, and poison.

Their voices work on all part humans. Like anything, some sirens are better at singing than others and can lure humans more easily. How loud the call is can also have an effect. The more human a person is, the more susceptible they are.
* A side note- things that look like humans that might not be humans, can be almost completely immune to the song.

These smaller but just as deadly sea maidens hail from four original sisters:
  • The Wild One
  • The Starlet
  • The Mistress
  • The Seductress

Both:

Possess sharp predatory teeth and claws and the ability to detect blood a mile away.

Mermaids and sirens alike have each made the fatal mistake once or twice getting too close to the shore and falling prey to the cannibals on the island.

Their frenzied mind and roughshod living for generations have made them more beast than man and brutal in a fight.

Once dragged into the sand and surrounded on all sides, neither species stands much of a chance... without a little help ;)

Map of Exisle
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
Name: Baelinn
Species: Nibeling
Secret/Item: Her heritage. Nibelung are mixes of more than one mythical creatures with only a faint grasp on who they are and how much magic they possess.
Appearance: Link
Short brown hair with tabby like dark stripes. White freckles all over that glow ever so slightly in the dark.

Bright green eyes with brown flecks. Kinda skinny, scrawny with rounded facial features.

As her skin becomes more tan, due to sun, the freckles will be more pronounced. Think baby deer.

Extra: She earned the title Enchantress due to her emotions affecting how her magic behaved. She never controlled it.

"You have made a huge mistake in underestimating me."
Name: Baelinn
Species: Nibeling
Secret/Item: Her heritage. Nibelung are mixes of more than one mythical creatures with only a faint grasp on who they are and how much magic they possess.
Appearance: Link
Short brown hair with tabby like dark stripes. White freckles all over that glow ever so slightly in the dark.

Bright green eyes with brown flecks. Kinda skinny, scrawny with rounded facial features.

As her skin becomes more tan, due to sun, the freckles will be more pronounced. Think baby deer.

Extra: She earned the title Enchantress due to her emotions affecting how her magic behaved. She never controlled it.

"You have made a huge mistake in underestimating me."
QFXpYkj.png
@Wolfspell

I'd be very interested to join ^^ However may I have a question on Sirens? Do you mean them to be originally 'half-bird'? Or just like the Mermaids, which are 'half-fish'?
@Wolfspell

I'd be very interested to join ^^ However may I have a question on Sirens? Do you mean them to be originally 'half-bird'? Or just like the Mermaids, which are 'half-fish'?
@InsanityAbyss

I mean for both mermaids and sirens to be half fish. Thanks for asking to clear that up. I'll make the lore and setting more clear later on.
@InsanityAbyss

I mean for both mermaids and sirens to be half fish. Thanks for asking to clear that up. I'll make the lore and setting more clear later on.
QFXpYkj.png
@Wolfspell

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing it up! Well here's my character, I hope she's okay.

Name: Saber
Species: Tiger Shark Mermaid
Likes/Dislikes:

+Teasing and flirting around with the female population of anything.
+Having control over things and have them played out the way she wanted.
+Having her own freedom and does whatever she wants.
+Hunting, explore and travel across the ocean.
+Eating in general, she'd try to eat anything she got her teeth on.

-Land dwellers that polluted the water with their disposals.
-She's extremely cautious of sirens and their abilities.
-Land dwellers causing a disruption to the systems of the sea with their harmful methods of hunting.
-Being stripped of her free wills and being told what to do.
-Being hunted and trapped by the more aggressive land dwellers.

Appearance: Pretty much your typical Mermaid structure. The upper body of a woman with long and wavy dark colored hair and black eyes, she has flatfins for ears, her gills are located on each side of her neck, her skin matches with one that belonged to a Tiger shark's and of course, her below half was entirely made up from a Tiger shark's tail. Saber's length was approximately around 17 ft and something, from the top of her head to the tip of her tail, bigger than a Tiger shark normally would get. She's equipped with a set of sharp teeth, pronounced serrations and an unmistakable sideways pointing tip, so one can say that she doesn't really have a beautiful smile with her teeth shown. Not only that, her human upper body also have a set of sharp claws suitable for getting a better hold on things, and to tear fleshes if needed.

Extra:
-She can unhinged her jaws like a shark to be able to eat bigger preys.
-Can launch herself really high out of the water and onto boats and ships.
-She can stay out of water for a certain amount of time, only if she stays near the water areas.
-You'd have a better chance of surviving from chance encounter with Saber if you were a female. She's a sucker for beauty.
@Wolfspell

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing it up! Well here's my character, I hope she's okay.

Name: Saber
Species: Tiger Shark Mermaid
Likes/Dislikes:

+Teasing and flirting around with the female population of anything.
+Having control over things and have them played out the way she wanted.
+Having her own freedom and does whatever she wants.
+Hunting, explore and travel across the ocean.
+Eating in general, she'd try to eat anything she got her teeth on.

-Land dwellers that polluted the water with their disposals.
-She's extremely cautious of sirens and their abilities.
-Land dwellers causing a disruption to the systems of the sea with their harmful methods of hunting.
-Being stripped of her free wills and being told what to do.
-Being hunted and trapped by the more aggressive land dwellers.

Appearance: Pretty much your typical Mermaid structure. The upper body of a woman with long and wavy dark colored hair and black eyes, she has flatfins for ears, her gills are located on each side of her neck, her skin matches with one that belonged to a Tiger shark's and of course, her below half was entirely made up from a Tiger shark's tail. Saber's length was approximately around 17 ft and something, from the top of her head to the tip of her tail, bigger than a Tiger shark normally would get. She's equipped with a set of sharp teeth, pronounced serrations and an unmistakable sideways pointing tip, so one can say that she doesn't really have a beautiful smile with her teeth shown. Not only that, her human upper body also have a set of sharp claws suitable for getting a better hold on things, and to tear fleshes if needed.

Extra:
-She can unhinged her jaws like a shark to be able to eat bigger preys.
-Can launch herself really high out of the water and onto boats and ships.
-She can stay out of water for a certain amount of time, only if she stays near the water areas.
-You'd have a better chance of surviving from chance encounter with Saber if you were a female. She's a sucker for beauty.
@AbyssInsanity

No need to ping me. Yeah, this is great!
@AbyssInsanity

No need to ping me. Yeah, this is great!
QFXpYkj.png
Friendly bump!
Friendly bump!
Name: Goes by Keto (Greek goddess of sharks, whales, and other "Sea dangers"). No one knows if this is her real name. Species: Caribbean Roughshark Siren Gender: Female Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Logic Exploring the ocean Brain teasers Solitude Night Stars Independance Manipulating people behind the scenes Dislikes: Stupidity Arrogance Working with others Bright lights Anyone bringing up something she did wrong (she's probably already mentaly kicking herself for it) Strong emotions (hers or others) Being the center of attention/large social situations. Appearance: Shark half: [img]http://deeplyfish.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Caribbean-roughshark-Oxynotus-caribbaeus.jpg[/img] Human half: She has long, wavy brown hair and a rather small, lithe frame, perfect for speed and agility. She has hazel eyes that can change color, fluctuating like the sea around her. This can be disconcerting to look at. Her skin is olive. Extra: Personality: She is cold at first, and does not often warm up to people. If she does, many of her cold, uncaring likes and dislikes melt away and she becomes somewhat nice and very trustworthy. Anything confided in her stays with her. Random Fact: She likes to sing, but often prefers to keep people alive, if only to manipulate. As such, she has found a soft tone of her voice that is pleasing, but not trance-inducing. She will often hum to herself using this tone.
Name: Goes by Keto (Greek goddess of sharks, whales, and other "Sea dangers"). No one knows if this is her real name.
Species: Caribbean Roughshark Siren
Likes/Dislikes:
Exploring the ocean
Brain teasers
Solitude
Night
Stars
Independance
Manipulating people behind the scenes

Dislikes:
Stupidity
Arrogance
Working with others
Bright lights
Anyone bringing up something she did wrong (she's probably already mentaly kicking herself for it)
Strong emotions (hers or others)
Being the center of attention/large social situations.

Appearance:
Shark half:
Caribbean-roughshark-Oxynotus-caribbaeus.jpg
Human half:
She has long, wavy brown hair and a rather small, lithe frame, perfect for speed and agility. She has hazel eyes that can change color, fluctuating like the sea around her. This can be disconcerting to look at. Her skin is olive.

Extra:
Personality: She is cold at first, and does not often warm up to people. If she does, many of her cold, uncaring likes and dislikes melt away and she becomes somewhat nice and very trustworthy. Anything confided in her stays with her.

Random Fact: She likes to sing, but often prefers to keep people alive, if only to manipulate. As such, she has found a soft tone of her voice that is pleasing, but not trance-inducing. She will often hum to herself using this tone.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
@DragonWarrior333

Welcome!

AbyssInsanity

I was thinking just normal boring mermaids with scales but it seems your shark idea caught on. I like it better :)
@DragonWarrior333

Welcome!

AbyssInsanity

I was thinking just normal boring mermaids with scales but it seems your shark idea caught on. I like it better :)
QFXpYkj.png
Ya, the shark idea was cool!

((Also, I'm subbed now.))
Ya, the shark idea was cool!

((Also, I'm subbed now.))
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 191 192