Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Taste of Power - FANTASY (OPEN RP)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 115 116
A Taste of Power

It is well known that humans were created by the spirit of the Sun and the day, alongside everything that dwells among them. For hundreds of years the world has been mostly at peace, save a few petty wars between humans; the trees and forests thrive, and the cities grow every day. But for anyone living outside the cities, the nights tell a different story.

It is said that the spirit of the night, brother to the spirit of the Sun, became jealous of the world, and began to create their own, darker, creatures. Monsters larger than cities, dragons and leviathans, and smaller things too - it is said that the spirit could take the dead bodies of humans and make them walk, in a murderous frenzy from dusk til dawn. Ghosts, phantoms and spirits plagued the land, and the larger monsters too: waging war on the humans until entire cities lay in ruins, until the daylight rendered them safe once again.

So began the Age of Chaos, the spirit of the night waging an endless war, night after night, until the humans were driven back and almost defeated. The Spirit reveled in their victory, naming themself the King of the lands, ruling both humans and monsters in a reign of chaos.

It is said that the spirit of the sun saw the destruction, and felt anger towards his brother. He returned, creating his own monsters, creatures to protect the day rather than wage war on it: Griffins and hydras, spirits of the day. They drove back the spirit of night, and the monsters he created, pushing them back into the forests and wild places.

Furious, the Spirit challenged his brother, the duel lasting for days, the destruction in their wake tearing the veil between worlds. Finally defeated, the Spirit of Night was locked into the hell dimension, for what the brothers thought to be the rest of eternity.

Without their deity, the monsters shrank back into the forests, remaining only as a scattered reminder of the chaos that had once ruled the land. But recently, whispers of great creatures that could shadow a city once again returned to the humans. Perhaps the Age of Chaos had not been the last they would see of the Spirit of the Night...

It's kinda bad, but I really want to rp this. Anyone can join, as any human/creature (provided it's not anything Of The Night(tm) because story reasons).

Your character can have any background you want, and magic does exist so they can have that too. Just comment if you want to join and we can go ahead ^.^ I'll post to set the scene of the start of the rp (it'll be in a tavern so all or most of the characters would have a reason to be in the same place)

yes this is inspired by minecraft don't judge me

Rules
  • Please don't Godmode (take over someone else's characters. This includes important NPCs, but not unimportant NPCs. You can bring in your own NPCs if you want!)
  • Here's the OOC Thread
  • Anyone can join!! Your character can be anything, mythical, normal or your own invention.
  • Before anything permanent happens to any characters, we'll discuss it (and say yes/no to the idea), it won't be sprung on anyone.
  • Please don't make it sexually mature, if you're dying to put two characters together like that please go into PM when it gets that far
  • If you need gore tagged, say before you join and we'll add warnings to the top of posts that include it. This extends to anything else you need tagged.

Current Characters
List by AlphaLeo000

A Taste of Power

It is well known that humans were created by the spirit of the Sun and the day, alongside everything that dwells among them. For hundreds of years the world has been mostly at peace, save a few petty wars between humans; the trees and forests thrive, and the cities grow every day. But for anyone living outside the cities, the nights tell a different story.

It is said that the spirit of the night, brother to the spirit of the Sun, became jealous of the world, and began to create their own, darker, creatures. Monsters larger than cities, dragons and leviathans, and smaller things too - it is said that the spirit could take the dead bodies of humans and make them walk, in a murderous frenzy from dusk til dawn. Ghosts, phantoms and spirits plagued the land, and the larger monsters too: waging war on the humans until entire cities lay in ruins, until the daylight rendered them safe once again.

So began the Age of Chaos, the spirit of the night waging an endless war, night after night, until the humans were driven back and almost defeated. The Spirit reveled in their victory, naming themself the King of the lands, ruling both humans and monsters in a reign of chaos.

It is said that the spirit of the sun saw the destruction, and felt anger towards his brother. He returned, creating his own monsters, creatures to protect the day rather than wage war on it: Griffins and hydras, spirits of the day. They drove back the spirit of night, and the monsters he created, pushing them back into the forests and wild places.

Furious, the Spirit challenged his brother, the duel lasting for days, the destruction in their wake tearing the veil between worlds. Finally defeated, the Spirit of Night was locked into the hell dimension, for what the brothers thought to be the rest of eternity.

Without their deity, the monsters shrank back into the forests, remaining only as a scattered reminder of the chaos that had once ruled the land. But recently, whispers of great creatures that could shadow a city once again returned to the humans. Perhaps the Age of Chaos had not been the last they would see of the Spirit of the Night...

It's kinda bad, but I really want to rp this. Anyone can join, as any human/creature (provided it's not anything Of The Night(tm) because story reasons).

Your character can have any background you want, and magic does exist so they can have that too. Just comment if you want to join and we can go ahead ^.^ I'll post to set the scene of the start of the rp (it'll be in a tavern so all or most of the characters would have a reason to be in the same place)

yes this is inspired by minecraft don't judge me

Rules
  • Please don't Godmode (take over someone else's characters. This includes important NPCs, but not unimportant NPCs. You can bring in your own NPCs if you want!)
  • Here's the OOC Thread
  • Anyone can join!! Your character can be anything, mythical, normal or your own invention.
  • Before anything permanent happens to any characters, we'll discuss it (and say yes/no to the idea), it won't be sprung on anyone.
  • Please don't make it sexually mature, if you're dying to put two characters together like that please go into PM when it gets that far
  • If you need gore tagged, say before you join and we'll add warnings to the top of posts that include it. This extends to anything else you need tagged.

Current Characters
List by AlphaLeo000

sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
Ooo, joining!
Ooo, joining!
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
@WaywardWendigo hi!! ^.^ I'm going to post the starting scene in a little bit, do you want to make your character before or just jump straight in and develop them as we go?
@WaywardWendigo hi!! ^.^ I'm going to post the starting scene in a little bit, do you want to make your character before or just jump straight in and develop them as we go?
@DuskAwakening

Sure!
you can tell I'm tired when I don't color my text
@DuskAwakening

Sure!
you can tell I'm tired when I don't color my text
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
@WaywardWendigo don't worry about pinging me, I'm subscribed to the thread so I'll get all the notifications ^.^ Here's a rough character sheet if you want to use it, but you don't have to and none of the info is necessary (although a name would be useful XD)

Name:
Species:
Pronouns:
Personality:
Bio:
Special Items:
Skills:
@WaywardWendigo don't worry about pinging me, I'm subscribed to the thread so I'll get all the notifications ^.^ Here's a rough character sheet if you want to use it, but you don't have to and none of the info is necessary (although a name would be useful XD)

Name:
Species:
Pronouns:
Personality:
Bio:
Special Items:
Skills:
@AbyssRanger O.o your character is amazing
I could never best a character sheet as detailed as that XD
@AbyssRanger O.o your character is amazing
I could never best a character sheet as detailed as that XD
Thanks! lol
And roleplaying isn't a contest lol. So, you don't have to feel like you have to best my character sheet lol. I just really like writing, so I end up writing a lot, usually lol.
Thanks! lol
And roleplaying isn't a contest lol. So, you don't have to feel like you have to best my character sheet lol. I just really like writing, so I end up writing a lot, usually lol.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
Rain hammered on the windows of the tavern, water pouring down the glass and blurring any view of the street outside. A warm, crackling fire lit up the room, the floor stone under a layer of straw. The tavern was split into two connected areas; one suited for humans, the other arranged for accessibility to larger creatures. In the latter there were few chairs, save a couple of oddly-shaped ones, specially made for a certain unidentifiable species. Large beams allowed bird-like species to perch comfortably, and the doors were large and able to swing open at a push.

The human side looked like any normal tavern, tables and chairs scattered around, with a few stools at the bar, which stretched between both halves of the inn. There was no divide between the halves, allowing easy conversation between them. It was a cosy place, although the brawl scars on the wood of the tables and chairs told a different story.

The bartender stood behind the bar, steadily washing a beer glass with a cloth that could have been a little cleaner for the task. Several patrons were sitting around, talking quietly; even this early in the evening this place could fill up quickly.

The tavern was becoming a hub of information recently, as though it ever hadn't been. Adventurers often stopped by here, leaving the bar tender with plenty of stories to tell - for the right price. More recently, their themes had been a little fantastical. He had begun to wonder what kind of strange drinks these adventurers drank out on the road, to make them tell such tall tales.

@AbyssRanger @WaywardWendigo (Just jump in with your characters ^^)
Rain hammered on the windows of the tavern, water pouring down the glass and blurring any view of the street outside. A warm, crackling fire lit up the room, the floor stone under a layer of straw. The tavern was split into two connected areas; one suited for humans, the other arranged for accessibility to larger creatures. In the latter there were few chairs, save a couple of oddly-shaped ones, specially made for a certain unidentifiable species. Large beams allowed bird-like species to perch comfortably, and the doors were large and able to swing open at a push.

The human side looked like any normal tavern, tables and chairs scattered around, with a few stools at the bar, which stretched between both halves of the inn. There was no divide between the halves, allowing easy conversation between them. It was a cosy place, although the brawl scars on the wood of the tables and chairs told a different story.

The bartender stood behind the bar, steadily washing a beer glass with a cloth that could have been a little cleaner for the task. Several patrons were sitting around, talking quietly; even this early in the evening this place could fill up quickly.

The tavern was becoming a hub of information recently, as though it ever hadn't been. Adventurers often stopped by here, leaving the bar tender with plenty of stories to tell - for the right price. More recently, their themes had been a little fantastical. He had begun to wonder what kind of strange drinks these adventurers drank out on the road, to make them tell such tall tales.

@AbyssRanger @WaywardWendigo (Just jump in with your characters ^^)
I'd love to join ;o

Name: Lancelot (Creative, ikr) Nickname, Lance
Species: Seraphim
Pronouns: He/Him
Appearance: Lancelot has white hair, and golden eyes. With the Amulet of masking on, he appears as a young adult with auburn hair, and hazel eyes

Personality: Lance tends to be as optimistic as he can be, to brighten other spirits around him.
Bio: When lance was a young child, the war had devastated his home. His parents dead, his sister captured, he was all alone. Lancelot wandered and wandered, looking for a home.. Until he could not find one. Until the God of day gave him a home and family, blessing him to change him into a Seraphim. But it was not to last.. The god of night and their forces destroyed his new family, destroying his life. The god of day send Lance away (hey that rhymes XD) with a magic amulet to hide his true form. He has been wandering, yet again, ever since
Special Items: Amulet of Masking.
Skills: Lance has wings so when he is in his true form, he can fly, and manipulate light into several weapons/objects.
I'd love to join ;o

Name: Lancelot (Creative, ikr) Nickname, Lance
Species: Seraphim
Pronouns: He/Him
Appearance: Lancelot has white hair, and golden eyes. With the Amulet of masking on, he appears as a young adult with auburn hair, and hazel eyes

Personality: Lance tends to be as optimistic as he can be, to brighten other spirits around him.
Bio: When lance was a young child, the war had devastated his home. His parents dead, his sister captured, he was all alone. Lancelot wandered and wandered, looking for a home.. Until he could not find one. Until the God of day gave him a home and family, blessing him to change him into a Seraphim. But it was not to last.. The god of night and their forces destroyed his new family, destroying his life. The god of day send Lance away (hey that rhymes XD) with a magic amulet to hide his true form. He has been wandering, yet again, ever since
Special Items: Amulet of Masking.
Skills: Lance has wings so when he is in his true form, he can fly, and manipulate light into several weapons/objects.
E26CAAC.png7W2ZPfd.pngiuaGiRC.png
gx8FG0A.pngsprv3Sc.pngQLtJSu2.png
Eeeep!! I love him! ^^ @LancelotOfTheSky

I'll do my character:

Name: Aerik
Species: Human
Pronouns: She/her
Appearance: Short, springy hair, dark brown eyes, and pale skin. She wears a covering cloak most of the time, and carries around two sheathed daggers underneath it.
Personality: (To be developed)
Bio: (Also to be developed)
Special Items: Two simple daggers
Skills: Dual-wielding, archery, and she can climb very well up structures that probably shouldn't be climbed.
Eeeep!! I love him! ^^ @LancelotOfTheSky

I'll do my character:

Name: Aerik
Species: Human
Pronouns: She/her
Appearance: Short, springy hair, dark brown eyes, and pale skin. She wears a covering cloak most of the time, and carries around two sheathed daggers underneath it.
Personality: (To be developed)
Bio: (Also to be developed)
Special Items: Two simple daggers
Skills: Dual-wielding, archery, and she can climb very well up structures that probably shouldn't be climbed.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 115 116