Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eastern Scales - OOC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This is a re-host of a role-play made by @/Aretimes. I was given permission to re-host this fantastic RP! These original ideas are not mine, and neither are the images. [center][img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/6dbf/f/2017/095/0/b/quiet_by_t_e_r_r_i_f_i_e_d-db4shb6.png[/img][/center] [font = courier new]A city east of Tokyo is home to several Eastern Dragons. But, if they were found out, disaster would befall them. Dragons have gained a horrid reputation after the Empress of Tremore was slain by a band of dragons. Ever since then, even generations later, dragons are still hated and hunted. That, is the human side of the story. In all due reality, the four dragons that "murdered" the Empress, were actually trying to stop her adviser and those loyal to him, from killing her. They were obviously unsuccessful. Now, the dragons of today are trying to prove their innocence. Using magic, they have taken up a human disguise, so they can blend with the crowds. Their biggest giveaway is scales that grow on their skin. Most often on their back, neck, arms, and legs. More rarely on their hands, feet, and face. ... Takes place in a futuristic Japan. Every player can have two characters, one common, and one uncommon. There will be a chance to get a rare dragon, it will not be first-come, first-serve. There'll be a limited number of slots for them as well. There cannot be an imbalance of Night and Light dragons, and there must always be at least one of each. [b]rules[/b] Descriptive RP. At least a paragraph or more in responses! Standard FR rules. Rules are subject to change.[/font] [center][img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/0077/f/2017/181/9/e/hold_me_tighter_by_t_e_r_r_i_f_i_e_d-dbekbm8.png[/img][/center] Slots 7/8 @/Sillywinter @/Lavendetta @/SkullLotus @/Kaixin @/Dunno @/Dogsblubblub @/InsanityAbyss @/WaywardWendigo Inspired by the anime Wolf's Rain. You don't need to have any knowledge of the anime, that's just where this idea came from. WIP!
This is a re-host of a role-play made by @/Aretimes. I was given permission to re-host this fantastic RP! These original ideas are not mine, and neither are the images.

quiet_by_t_e_r_r_i_f_i_e_d-db4shb6.png

A city east of Tokyo is home to several Eastern Dragons. But, if they were found out, disaster would befall them. Dragons have gained a horrid reputation after the Empress of Tremore was slain by a band of dragons. Ever since then, even generations later, dragons are still hated and hunted.

That, is the human side of the story. In all due reality, the four dragons that "murdered" the Empress, were actually trying to stop her adviser and those loyal to him, from killing her. They were obviously unsuccessful. Now, the dragons of today are trying to prove their innocence.

Using magic, they have taken up a human disguise, so they can blend with the crowds. Their biggest giveaway is scales that grow on their skin. Most often on their back, neck, arms, and legs. More rarely on their hands, feet, and face.

Takes place in a futuristic Japan.
Every player can have two characters, one common, and one uncommon. There will be a chance to get a rare dragon, it will not be first-come, first-serve. There'll be a limited number of slots for them as well.
There cannot be an imbalance of Night and Light dragons, and there must always be at least one of each.

rules
Descriptive RP. At least a paragraph or more in responses!
Standard FR rules.
Rules are subject to change.

hold_me_tighter_by_t_e_r_r_i_f_i_e_d-dbekbm8.png

Slots 7/8
@/Sillywinter
@/Lavendetta
@/SkullLotus
@/Kaixin
@/Dunno
@/Dogsblubblub
@/InsanityAbyss
@/WaywardWendigo

Inspired by the anime Wolf's Rain. You don't need to have any knowledge of the anime, that's just where this idea came from.

WIP!
rPflwkH.png
[columns][img]http://orig05.deviantart.net/6938/f/2017/015/c/d/her_by_t_e_r_r_i_f_i_e_d-davh87c.png[/img][nextcol][b]Character forum..[/b] [code][b]Name:[/b] (Names will probably be Japanese, as this does take place in Japan.) [b]Age:[/b] (Dragons age differently from humans. 1,000 years pretty much equals one human year.) [b]Gender:[/b] (LGBT+ Allowed!) [b]Species:[/b] [b]Dragon Appearance:[/b] (Written or image.) [b]Human Appearance:[/b] (Written or image.) [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Background:[/b] [b]Extra:[/b][/code][columns]
her_by_t_e_r_r_i_f_i_e_d-davh87c.png Character forum..
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] (Names will probably be Japanese, as this does take place in Japan.) [b]Age:[/b] (Dragons age differently from humans. 1,000 years pretty much equals one human year.) [b]Gender:[/b] (LGBT+ Allowed!) [b]Species:[/b] [b]Dragon Appearance:[/b] (Written or image.) [b]Human Appearance:[/b] (Written or image.) [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Background:[/b] [b]Extra:[/b]
rPflwkH.png
Tremore City

Key Locations
Frenzy (Night Club)
Club Element (Night Club)
The Stormy Serpent (Bar)
The Escape (Bath house)
Enchanted Zone (Theme Park)
The Dapper Clam (Restaurant)
The Golden Lantern (Hotel)
Tremore Penitentiary (Prison)
Sapphire Springs Memorial Park (Graveyard/Park)
Research Center of Ethology (Study of Animal Behavior) (Lab)
The Daydream Theater (Movies and Live Theatre)
Lillyleaf Park (Park)
Blossom Café (Coffee Shop and Café)
Tremore City

Key Locations
Frenzy (Night Club)
Club Element (Night Club)
The Stormy Serpent (Bar)
The Escape (Bath house)
Enchanted Zone (Theme Park)
The Dapper Clam (Restaurant)
The Golden Lantern (Hotel)
Tremore Penitentiary (Prison)
Sapphire Springs Memorial Park (Graveyard/Park)
Research Center of Ethology (Study of Animal Behavior) (Lab)
The Daydream Theater (Movies and Live Theatre)
Lillyleaf Park (Park)
Blossom Café (Coffee Shop and Café)
rPflwkH.png
[center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/4NC3C27zzsOLC/source.gif[/img][/center] All Eastern Dragons are capable of flight and dragon-to-dragon telepathy, no matter what their species. Sub-Species [LIST] [*]River, Common River dragons have "water breath," and can spit scalding hot water instead of fire. "Scales are varying shades of blues and/or blue-greens. Eyes are always a deep blue." [*]Forest, Common These dragons have a special acidic bite, from venom that comes from their top canine fangs. The venom can range of deadly to paralyzing. "Scales are varying shades of browns and/or greens. Eyes are always varying shades of green." [*]Flame, Common The only type of Eastern Dragon that can spit fire, like their Western kin. With training, they can heat their whole body, their scales becoming hot to the touch, and can burn flesh. "Scales are varying shades of oranges and/or reds. Eyes are always a bright crimson, or a bright orange." [*]Sand, Uncommon Able to camouflage themselves, Sand dragons are much better at concealing themselves. They were the first to create the magic that disguises the dragons as humans. "Scales are varying shades of light tan, and/or yellows. Eyes are always a golden yellow." [*]Frost, Uncommon Freezing cold breath, these dragons can create a layer of frost, and build upon it the longer they breathe. Like Flame dragons, they can cool down their bodies, so their scales become freezing cold to the touch. "Scales are varying shades of light blues and/or white. Eyes are always a light, icy blue." [*]Night, Rare - [b]2/2[/b] Night dragons can blend in with the darkness, hiding in shadows. Night dragons with the proper training can control the shadows, as well. They can astral project, with the right training. People often believe they represent Yin. "Scales are commonly black, and more uncommonly very dark shades of purple or blue. Rarer, are they any other dark color. Manes and eyes are varying shades of purples or blues. (Unless the base color is of the rarer variant of colors.) Eyes are never a deep or light/icy blue." [*]Light, Rare - [b]2/2[/b] Light Dragons have mind reading and telepathic capabilities, as well as limited control of light. With proper training, they can control other's minds--to an extent. People often believe they represent Yang. "Scales are commonly white, and more uncommonly very light shades of yellow or orange. Rarer, are they any other light color. Manes are varying shades of yellow or orange. (Unless the base color is of the rarer variant of colors.) Eyes are always a pale yellow." [/LIST] [center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/4NC3C27zzsOLC/source.gif[/img][/center]
source.gif

All Eastern Dragons are capable of flight and dragon-to-dragon telepathy, no matter what their species.

Sub-Species
  • River, Common
    River dragons have "water breath," and can spit scalding hot water instead of fire.
    "Scales are varying shades of blues and/or blue-greens. Eyes are always a deep blue."
  • Forest, Common
    These dragons have a special acidic bite, from venom that comes from their top canine fangs. The venom can range of deadly to paralyzing.
    "Scales are varying shades of browns and/or greens. Eyes are always varying shades of green."
  • Flame, Common
    The only type of Eastern Dragon that can spit fire, like their Western kin. With training, they can heat their whole body, their scales becoming hot to the touch, and can burn flesh.
    "Scales are varying shades of oranges and/or reds. Eyes are always a bright crimson, or a bright orange."
  • Sand, Uncommon
    Able to camouflage themselves, Sand dragons are much better at concealing themselves. They were the first to create the magic that disguises the dragons as humans.
    "Scales are varying shades of light tan, and/or yellows. Eyes are always a golden yellow."
  • Frost, Uncommon
    Freezing cold breath, these dragons can create a layer of frost, and build upon it the longer they breathe. Like Flame dragons, they can cool down their bodies, so their scales become freezing cold to the touch.
    "Scales are varying shades of light blues and/or white. Eyes are always a light, icy blue."
  • Night, Rare - 2/2
    Night dragons can blend in with the darkness, hiding in shadows. Night dragons with the proper training can control the shadows, as well. They can astral project, with the right training. People often believe they represent Yin.
    "Scales are commonly black, and more uncommonly very dark shades of purple or blue. Rarer, are they any other dark color. Manes and eyes are varying shades of purples or blues. (Unless the base color is of the rarer variant of colors.) Eyes are never a deep or light/icy blue."
  • Light, Rare - 2/2
    Light Dragons have mind reading and telepathic capabilities, as well as limited control of light. With proper training, they can control other's minds--to an extent. People often believe they represent Yang.
    "Scales are commonly white, and more uncommonly very light shades of yellow or orange. Rarer, are they any other light color. Manes are varying shades of yellow or orange. (Unless the base color is of the rarer variant of colors.) Eyes are always a pale yellow."

source.gif
rPflwkH.png
Extra Lore

NPC List
Extra Lore

NPC List
rPflwkH.png
reserved
reserved
rPflwkH.png
*Images are the closest reference I could find and are not entirely accurate :)* [b]Name:[/b] Oki Jiro [b]Age:[/b] 18,000 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Species:[/b] Fire [b]Dragon Appearance:[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/N563pNL.jpg[/img] [b]Human Appearance:[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/p8E0vH9.png[/img] [b]Personality:[/b] Oki is a rather, young, hotheaded dragon. His personality is stereotypically similar to his element and he's often ridden with the emotions of anger and wrath. He's robust, arrogant, and prideful, which often gets him trapped in dangerous situations. Oki doesn't think before he speaks, and is very passionate when it comes to self-expression and the freedom to express your opinions. The dragon has slowly been trying to work on his judgement and assumptions of others, but it's very hard for him not to express his distrust and dislike to strangers. [b]Background:[/b] Oki lived a very sheltered life with his parents. His mother was Fire dragon, his father a Sand. They were rather wealthy, so Oki was raised in a world of comfort. His parents loved and praised him, his father often teaching him about life. When the empress was murdered, his life was torn apart. Because of his family's status, Oki's family was one of the first dragons to be targeted. His escape was a classic tale. His father died protecting him while he and his mother fled. They found a safe area to reside for a few months, before his mother set off to get food, only to never return. Now an orphan, Oki silently let his rage brood within him, shaping him into the wrathful dragon he is today. He fought hard to survive and as a child, he was considered to be more animal than child. Oki grew up in a small fisherman's village, called a beast and thief by many of the residents. There were some humans who took pity on him, helping to raise and feed him. Eventually, they passed away, but it was the start in life that he needed, and Oki will always be eternally grateful. Sometimes, in his spare time, he visits their graves to pray. [b]Extra:[/b] + In his human form, Oki possess a swath of shimmering red scales on his back, something he fights to always keep covered and hidden from human eyes. ----- [b]Name:[/b] Amano Juzo [b]Age:[/b] 25,000 [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] Light [b]Dragon Appearance:[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/jGIteHs.jpg[/img] [b]Human Appearance:[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/WsR7uP9.jpg[/img] [b]Personality:[/b] Amano is very wise and soft spoken. He's gentle, kind, and compassionate. Understanding of the fear that humans easily experience, he's quick to forgive their actions and instead works on helping them. Amano can be very friendly and open, and if you get too close to his home, he's more than likely going to invite you in for tea. But his happiness comes with a price, and sometimes the dragon struggles with dark thoughts and serious depression. For him, it's just multiple feelings of emptiness, static, silence. Because of his pain, Amano wishes for peace and prosperity of those around them. He doesn't want to see others hurt, which is why he has dedicated himself to helping others. [b]Background:[/b] Amano was present during the assassination of the empress. He was younger back then, having lived in the courts and palace. He feels like he should blame himself for seeing the signs and not acting upon his gut, but strangely enough, the dragon doesn't. His role in the palace having expired, Amano began to travel Japan and neighboring countries. He immersed himself in multiple, varying cultures. If he could, he would help children of dragons, often become a father-figure and teacher of sorts. Eventually, he settled down on the Eastern Coast of Japan and built a small school for young dragons. He didn't have many students, but he helped to raise and teach them the ways of the world. Soon enough, they grew old enough to leave, and one by one, they left him. Now, he still resides in the old home of his school, sometimes accepting to privately tutor small children of humans. [b]Extra:[/b] + He owns a small school, which in reality, is just his little shack of a house. + He can speak Russian, Chinese and some Mongolian. + Amano possess a patch of pinkish-white scales on his left hip, that wraps around to the curve of his lover back, ending at his spine.
*Images are the closest reference I could find and are not entirely accurate :)*

Name: Oki Jiro

Species: Fire

Dragon Appearance:

N563pNL.jpg

Human Appearance:

p8E0vH9.png

Personality:

Oki is a rather, young, hotheaded dragon. His personality is stereotypically similar to his element and he's often ridden with the emotions of anger and wrath. He's robust, arrogant, and prideful, which often gets him trapped in dangerous situations. Oki doesn't think before he speaks, and is very passionate when it comes to self-expression and the freedom to express your opinions. The dragon has slowly been trying to work on his judgement and assumptions of others, but it's very hard for him not to express his distrust and dislike to strangers.

Background:

Oki lived a very sheltered life with his parents. His mother was Fire dragon, his father a Sand. They were rather wealthy, so Oki was raised in a world of comfort. His parents loved and praised him, his father often teaching him about life. When the empress was murdered, his life was torn apart. Because of his family's status, Oki's family was one of the first dragons to be targeted. His escape was a classic tale. His father died protecting him while he and his mother fled. They found a safe area to reside for a few months, before his mother set off to get food, only to never return. Now an orphan, Oki silently let his rage brood within him, shaping him into the wrathful dragon he is today. He fought hard to survive and as a child, he was considered to be more animal than child. Oki grew up in a small fisherman's village, called a beast and thief by many of the residents. There were some humans who took pity on him, helping to raise and feed him. Eventually, they passed away, but it was the start in life that he needed, and Oki will always be eternally grateful. Sometimes, in his spare time, he visits their graves to pray.

Extra:

+ In his human form, Oki possess a swath of shimmering red scales on his back, something he fights to always keep covered and hidden from human eyes.

Name: Amano Juzo

Species: Light

Dragon Appearance:

jGIteHs.jpg

Human Appearance:

WsR7uP9.jpg

Personality:

Amano is very wise and soft spoken. He's gentle, kind, and compassionate. Understanding of the fear that humans easily experience, he's quick to forgive their actions and instead works on helping them. Amano can be very friendly and open, and if you get too close to his home, he's more than likely going to invite you in for tea. But his happiness comes with a price, and sometimes the dragon struggles with dark thoughts and serious depression. For him, it's just multiple feelings of emptiness, static, silence. Because of his pain, Amano wishes for peace and prosperity of those around them. He doesn't want to see others hurt, which is why he has dedicated himself to helping others.

Background:

Amano was present during the assassination of the empress. He was younger back then, having lived in the courts and palace. He feels like he should blame himself for seeing the signs and not acting upon his gut, but strangely enough, the dragon doesn't. His role in the palace having expired, Amano began to travel Japan and neighboring countries. He immersed himself in multiple, varying cultures. If he could, he would help children of dragons, often become a father-figure and teacher of sorts. Eventually, he settled down on the Eastern Coast of Japan and built a small school for young dragons. He didn't have many students, but he helped to raise and teach them the ways of the world. Soon enough, they grew old enough to leave, and one by one, they left him. Now, he still resides in the old home of his school, sometimes accepting to privately tutor small children of humans.

Extra:

+ He owns a small school, which in reality, is just his little shack of a house.
+ He can speak Russian, Chinese and some Mongolian.
+ Amano possess a patch of pinkish-white scales on his left hip, that wraps around to the curve of his lover back, ending at his spine.
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter
@Lavendetta
@Solanna
@yuuichiro
@Aretimes

Hey guys! I've received permission from Aretimes to get this RP back up and running! Of course all of the RP original ideas belong to Aretimes, I'm just here to host this RP for them since they've been pretty busy. If you're still interested in this, post your form!

If you're not, please tell me :)

Anyways, thanks!
@Sillywinter
@Lavendetta
@Solanna
@yuuichiro
@Aretimes

Hey guys! I've received permission from Aretimes to get this RP back up and running! Of course all of the RP original ideas belong to Aretimes, I'm just here to host this RP for them since they've been pretty busy. If you're still interested in this, post your form!

If you're not, please tell me :)

Anyways, thanks!
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter
Oh! I actually forgot about this.. Could I reclaim a Night dragon? I'll get the form up as soon as I get back from running some errands.
@Sillywinter
Oh! I actually forgot about this.. Could I reclaim a Night dragon? I'll get the form up as soon as I get back from running some errands.
CxEBf1c.png xx lark
he/him
+2 fr time
x
@Lavendetta

Of course!
@Lavendetta

Of course!
rPflwkH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10