Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Berchclan | Not Accepting!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48
Koipond
"Hmm, perhaps we can hide some herbs and go? I definitely do want to leave without them knowing. Don't want a clan wide panic!" She meowed. She scratched her ear "We can always ask Strikingpaw to help, he is after all coming with us"
Koipond
"Hmm, perhaps we can hide some herbs and go? I definitely do want to leave without them knowing. Don't want a clan wide panic!" She meowed. She scratched her ear "We can always ask Strikingpaw to help, he is after all coming with us"
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
(( @DragonKaneki Would you be willing to have one of your warriors mentor @AndromedaGalaxy's apprentice? I'm sure they'd like to start role playing. (: It's usually no fun to mentor one's own character, so I'd hate for them to have to do that! ))

Cinderpaw
Instructions flow back to him on a gentle whisper and Cinderpaw obeys them like they are the law. Wiggling rear pops down as it's pointed out to him. He feels a flush of embarrassment beneath his fur. There were so many things to learn as a new apprentice--he was worried he'd never be able to remember them.

He flinches as Nightstride launches off after prey. The crash of the cat's body into the leaves starts a flurry of movement--Crowstream and Sorrelheart both leap into action. Cinderpaw recoils and stands still, not knowing where to even begin to look, who to follow. Wide, pale green eyes dart rapidly about, on the verge of panicking and freezing completely until he sees a bushy-tailed figure streak from the bush where Nightstride had leapt, startled out by his mentor's motions.

Something in Cinderpaw's gut kicks him into motion, his legs moving without him even bidding it. The squirrel darts up the tree and like a banshee, the boy is tearing after it. He's never climbed a tree so fast in his life; paws devour the trunk with deep-sinking claws until a long limb lashes out. Claws barely scrape the mammal's tail and manage to snare in the matts in the wild creature's fur. He yanks his paw back, flinging the squirrel back to his comrades!

"Look out!" he shouts, trying to get his clanmates' attention before the squirrel hits the ground and bolts away.

Dusktide
Her Clan launches into action in a way that makes her proud. She pauses in leading them, head turning to watch each of their pursuits--and it's a good thing, too. The she-cat sees Cinderpaw dashing up a tree after a squirrel, and within moments, it's being flung back down to him.

Dusktide moves deftly, with practiced accuracy. What she lacks in speed, Cinderpaw makes up for in the advanced warning, and she makes up for in power. Paw strikes down upon the animal's back, forcing the red-furred creature to the ground. Jaws find its throat before it can recover from its stunned landing.

Ears swivel forward as jaws raise, kill clutched limply in her jaws. She turns her gaze to search for Cinderpaw, but can't find him on the ground. She looks up and sees that he's still in the tree, looking very, very uncertain on how to get down. The warrior gives a soft little snort of good-natured amusement.

"Nightstride," she rumbles to the apprentice's mentor lowly, as not to embarrass the apprentice any further, "You may want to help him." Dusktide turns to bury her freshkill so they could pick it up on their way back.
(( @DragonKaneki Would you be willing to have one of your warriors mentor @AndromedaGalaxy's apprentice? I'm sure they'd like to start role playing. (: It's usually no fun to mentor one's own character, so I'd hate for them to have to do that! ))

Cinderpaw
Instructions flow back to him on a gentle whisper and Cinderpaw obeys them like they are the law. Wiggling rear pops down as it's pointed out to him. He feels a flush of embarrassment beneath his fur. There were so many things to learn as a new apprentice--he was worried he'd never be able to remember them.

He flinches as Nightstride launches off after prey. The crash of the cat's body into the leaves starts a flurry of movement--Crowstream and Sorrelheart both leap into action. Cinderpaw recoils and stands still, not knowing where to even begin to look, who to follow. Wide, pale green eyes dart rapidly about, on the verge of panicking and freezing completely until he sees a bushy-tailed figure streak from the bush where Nightstride had leapt, startled out by his mentor's motions.

Something in Cinderpaw's gut kicks him into motion, his legs moving without him even bidding it. The squirrel darts up the tree and like a banshee, the boy is tearing after it. He's never climbed a tree so fast in his life; paws devour the trunk with deep-sinking claws until a long limb lashes out. Claws barely scrape the mammal's tail and manage to snare in the matts in the wild creature's fur. He yanks his paw back, flinging the squirrel back to his comrades!

"Look out!" he shouts, trying to get his clanmates' attention before the squirrel hits the ground and bolts away.

Dusktide
Her Clan launches into action in a way that makes her proud. She pauses in leading them, head turning to watch each of their pursuits--and it's a good thing, too. The she-cat sees Cinderpaw dashing up a tree after a squirrel, and within moments, it's being flung back down to him.

Dusktide moves deftly, with practiced accuracy. What she lacks in speed, Cinderpaw makes up for in the advanced warning, and she makes up for in power. Paw strikes down upon the animal's back, forcing the red-furred creature to the ground. Jaws find its throat before it can recover from its stunned landing.

Ears swivel forward as jaws raise, kill clutched limply in her jaws. She turns her gaze to search for Cinderpaw, but can't find him on the ground. She looks up and sees that he's still in the tree, looking very, very uncertain on how to get down. The warrior gives a soft little snort of good-natured amusement.

"Nightstride," she rumbles to the apprentice's mentor lowly, as not to embarrass the apprentice any further, "You may want to help him." Dusktide turns to bury her freshkill so they could pick it up on their way back.
@Starsight - I messaged them. =)

Crowstream | Tom | Warrior

He manages to scent a mouse, he crouches down and he focuses on the scent. He swiftly moves forward and leaps out and manages to kill the mouse. He picks it up and buries the fresh-kill. He moves through the forest to find more prey, but he doesn't manage to scent anything else. He sighs and after a while he gives up, he goes back to gather his fresh-kill and then he heads to a sunny spot and he sits down while he waits for his clan to finish their hunting, he hopes they have more luck than him. He managed to catch two small creatures but it will be hardly enough for two cats.

Boulderstorm | Tom | Warrior

He dozes in the sun, his pelt warming to the heat, happily.

Sorrehleart | She-cat | Warrior

She moves through the undergrowth, she scents a blackbird and she slowly and quietly moves towards the scent. She seems the blackbird and her eyes flicker around to make sure there's nothing to distract her or the bird. Finally when it's calm she rushes forward and the bird starts to flap it's rings and take off, she hooks a claw onto it's wing and brings it down to the ground. Before she can kill it, the blackbird's claw manages to get her cheek. Her eyes start to water as blood starts coming out of her cheek but she manages to kill the blackbird. She yowls in success and she picks up the blackbird and carries it with her over to where Crowstream is sitting.

Frostfall | she-cat | Medicine Cat

She nods "yes let's hide some herbs, and you're right. In case we do run into trouble at least some cat will know we went out." She meows "let's ask Strikingpaw if he can hide some herbs" she whispers.
@Starsight - I messaged them. =)

He manages to scent a mouse, he crouches down and he focuses on the scent. He swiftly moves forward and leaps out and manages to kill the mouse. He picks it up and buries the fresh-kill. He moves through the forest to find more prey, but he doesn't manage to scent anything else. He sighs and after a while he gives up, he goes back to gather his fresh-kill and then he heads to a sunny spot and he sits down while he waits for his clan to finish their hunting, he hopes they have more luck than him. He managed to catch two small creatures but it will be hardly enough for two cats.

He dozes in the sun, his pelt warming to the heat, happily.

She moves through the undergrowth, she scents a blackbird and she slowly and quietly moves towards the scent. She seems the blackbird and her eyes flicker around to make sure there's nothing to distract her or the bird. Finally when it's calm she rushes forward and the bird starts to flap it's rings and take off, she hooks a claw onto it's wing and brings it down to the ground. Before she can kill it, the blackbird's claw manages to get her cheek. Her eyes start to water as blood starts coming out of her cheek but she manages to kill the blackbird. She yowls in success and she picks up the blackbird and carries it with her over to where Crowstream is sitting.

She nods "yes let's hide some herbs, and you're right. In case we do run into trouble at least some cat will know we went out." She meows "let's ask Strikingpaw if he can hide some herbs" she whispers.
Stray Kids Everywhere all Around the World!
Cement was curious. It was in his nature. So when he heard voices and a lot of noise, he couldn't help but want to investigate. Crouching low, the one-eyed stray crept through the underbrush. He was careful to stick to heavily shaded areas, so his dappled pelt wouldn't be so blaring obvious. Freezing, Cement watches as a half-faced she-cat stalks a raven. His green eyes glimmer as he watches her intently. He can hear others nearby, probably her friends. When she launches herself at the bird and catches it's wing, killing it with a swift bite, Cement feels intrigued. The tom watches her go, before stalking to the area she was. Something about her scent was- comforting? Shaking his head, he slinked away, deciding that he would return later.

Nightstride chuckles and burries his kill. "Alright." He purrs with amusement, padding over to the base of the tree. He watches Cinderpaw for a moment, icy eyes sparkling. "You did well with that squirrel, but you're not one yourself!" Rearing up on his hind legs, the tom grips onto the tree. "Now, I want you to climb half-way down the tree trunk. I wouldn't say climb, slide down more like it, but when you reach the half-way point, leap away from the tree. Sliding down is probably a bad idea. We don't want to tear any claws on the bark." Pulling away, Nightstride patiently waited for Cinderpaw. "There's no need to be afraid. Look, I'll catch you!" He meowed.
Cement was curious. It was in his nature. So when he heard voices and a lot of noise, he couldn't help but want to investigate. Crouching low, the one-eyed stray crept through the underbrush. He was careful to stick to heavily shaded areas, so his dappled pelt wouldn't be so blaring obvious. Freezing, Cement watches as a half-faced she-cat stalks a raven. His green eyes glimmer as he watches her intently. He can hear others nearby, probably her friends. When she launches herself at the bird and catches it's wing, killing it with a swift bite, Cement feels intrigued. The tom watches her go, before stalking to the area she was. Something about her scent was- comforting? Shaking his head, he slinked away, deciding that he would return later.

Nightstride chuckles and burries his kill. "Alright." He purrs with amusement, padding over to the base of the tree. He watches Cinderpaw for a moment, icy eyes sparkling. "You did well with that squirrel, but you're not one yourself!" Rearing up on his hind legs, the tom grips onto the tree. "Now, I want you to climb half-way down the tree trunk. I wouldn't say climb, slide down more like it, but when you reach the half-way point, leap away from the tree. Sliding down is probably a bad idea. We don't want to tear any claws on the bark." Pulling away, Nightstride patiently waited for Cinderpaw. "There's no need to be afraid. Look, I'll catch you!" He meowed.
rPflwkH.png
(( Awesome, thanks so much. <3 ))

Cinderpaw
He stares from his unfortunate predicament high above the ground, wide pupils darting a bit fearfully to and fro with his head turned far over his shoulder. He's not sure how to get down. Fear strikes through him--if he lets go with his claws, he feels like he will fall. The boy isn't too confident in the fact that he'll catch them.

His mentor begins to come to his rescue, coaxing him. He looks back up at hooked claws and the way they're sunk into the bark. Carefully, Cinderpaw begins to loosen them, but the second his body jerks a centimeter down, they've been pushed deep back in. Skull swivels to look down again. The apprentice gulps, and then ever-so-slowly begins the cycle of falling an inch or two, clinging to the tree, and then doing it all over again, until he's halfway down.

Talons ache a bit from the tension he puts through them, but they're otherwise undamaged. Cinderpaw closes his eyes and gathers his courage, his mentor's reassurances giving him the final burst of confidence he needs. Lids still clenched shut, he flips his body around and leaps off the tree in one mighty spin, landing beside Nightstride. His paws find uneven purchase on the roots and he's sent tumbling a foot or two, but the second he's on his feet, he's chattering.

"Did you see the squirrel? Did you see it?" he whispers excitedly, hopping with a spring in his step back over to his mentor. "I don't even know what happened--my legs were just moving and I was all the way up there!" Instinct. He doesn't know the word, but the force he'd felt in his gut were his instincts kicking in.

Dusktide
The Clan accumulates a good amount of freshkill, all of the small meals adding up. So far, they've collected a squirrel, a blackbird, and an array of mice and voles. Dusktide can hear the stream in the distance. Her jowls ache for fish.

She sees Crowstream give up, a bit disheartened, choosing to instead sit in a sunny spot and wait for them to finish. A bit of indignation rose within her. These were not times when they could afford to give up easily or let their guard down. She strides over to him, tail flicking with irritation. A part of her knows she should be gentle on him if he's feeling so disheartened, but the stress of losing their Clan has sapped the empathy from her very bones.

"Warriors cannot give up so easily," she says gruffly. Throwing in the towel was for apprentices who didn't know any better. They were only as strong as their weakest link, and if they were to have enough food to support any future growth of their Clan, they would need everyone to pull their weight. "Come. You will fish with me." Head jerks in the direction of the sound of the bubbling stream.
(( Awesome, thanks so much. <3 ))

Cinderpaw
He stares from his unfortunate predicament high above the ground, wide pupils darting a bit fearfully to and fro with his head turned far over his shoulder. He's not sure how to get down. Fear strikes through him--if he lets go with his claws, he feels like he will fall. The boy isn't too confident in the fact that he'll catch them.

His mentor begins to come to his rescue, coaxing him. He looks back up at hooked claws and the way they're sunk into the bark. Carefully, Cinderpaw begins to loosen them, but the second his body jerks a centimeter down, they've been pushed deep back in. Skull swivels to look down again. The apprentice gulps, and then ever-so-slowly begins the cycle of falling an inch or two, clinging to the tree, and then doing it all over again, until he's halfway down.

Talons ache a bit from the tension he puts through them, but they're otherwise undamaged. Cinderpaw closes his eyes and gathers his courage, his mentor's reassurances giving him the final burst of confidence he needs. Lids still clenched shut, he flips his body around and leaps off the tree in one mighty spin, landing beside Nightstride. His paws find uneven purchase on the roots and he's sent tumbling a foot or two, but the second he's on his feet, he's chattering.

"Did you see the squirrel? Did you see it?" he whispers excitedly, hopping with a spring in his step back over to his mentor. "I don't even know what happened--my legs were just moving and I was all the way up there!" Instinct. He doesn't know the word, but the force he'd felt in his gut were his instincts kicking in.

Dusktide
The Clan accumulates a good amount of freshkill, all of the small meals adding up. So far, they've collected a squirrel, a blackbird, and an array of mice and voles. Dusktide can hear the stream in the distance. Her jowls ache for fish.

She sees Crowstream give up, a bit disheartened, choosing to instead sit in a sunny spot and wait for them to finish. A bit of indignation rose within her. These were not times when they could afford to give up easily or let their guard down. She strides over to him, tail flicking with irritation. A part of her knows she should be gentle on him if he's feeling so disheartened, but the stress of losing their Clan has sapped the empathy from her very bones.

"Warriors cannot give up so easily," she says gruffly. Throwing in the towel was for apprentices who didn't know any better. They were only as strong as their weakest link, and if they were to have enough food to support any future growth of their Clan, they would need everyone to pull their weight. "Come. You will fish with me." Head jerks in the direction of the sound of the bubbling stream.

His fur bristles and he gets to his paws, his tail flicks in irritation. "I've tried and only caught two things, I can barely smell any fresh scents! It's terrible out here." he meows, his head drooping. But he knew arguing would be useless, after all, the clan needs to work together. He decides to walk in the direction of the stream anyways just to satisfy her.

She hears Crowstreams and Dusktides conversation, she watches Crowstream pad off then she buries her fresh-kill. She licks her paw and runs it over the scratch on her cheek. Her cheeks burning from the scratch but she ignores it and she scans the area around her for more fresh-kill, she thought she could smell the scent of another cat but she decides it was probably from a rogue that passed through before they got there. She heads back into the undergrowth to search for some more prey.

[Repost]

He's soon dozing in the sun. Unaware of his surroundings.

"It would be good to bring him" she meows "what excuse should we use?" she tilts her head at Koipond. While she also thinks of a good, believable, excuse.

His fur bristles and he gets to his paws, his tail flicks in irritation. "I've tried and only caught two things, I can barely smell any fresh scents! It's terrible out here." he meows, his head drooping. But he knew arguing would be useless, after all, the clan needs to work together. He decides to walk in the direction of the stream anyways just to satisfy her.

She hears Crowstreams and Dusktides conversation, she watches Crowstream pad off then she buries her fresh-kill. She licks her paw and runs it over the scratch on her cheek. Her cheeks burning from the scratch but she ignores it and she scans the area around her for more fresh-kill, she thought she could smell the scent of another cat but she decides it was probably from a rogue that passed through before they got there. She heads back into the undergrowth to search for some more prey.

[Repost]

He's soon dozing in the sun. Unaware of his surroundings.

"It would be good to bring him" she meows "what excuse should we use?" she tilts her head at Koipond. While she also thinks of a good, believable, excuse.
Soughpaw

Soughpaw blinked her eyes open, the bright Ray's of the sun shooting through the den and blinding her. She groaned inwardly and stood up. She looked around her, confused. Everyone was gone.
"Oh no! I- I'm late!" She yelled at herself. She ran from the den, looking around for her mentor. She spotted him dozing in the sun, looking quite peaceful. She ran over to him and prodded him in the side. "Boulderstorm! Wake up! I need to train! I- I'm so sorry for being late. I was sort of up all night trying to chase this really stubborn butterfly! You know what. It doesn't matter cause I'm ready for work!"

[Sorry for ant spelling or grammar mistakes- I use mobile]
Soughpaw

Soughpaw blinked her eyes open, the bright Ray's of the sun shooting through the den and blinding her. She groaned inwardly and stood up. She looked around her, confused. Everyone was gone.
"Oh no! I- I'm late!" She yelled at herself. She ran from the den, looking around for her mentor. She spotted him dozing in the sun, looking quite peaceful. She ran over to him and prodded him in the side. "Boulderstorm! Wake up! I need to train! I- I'm so sorry for being late. I was sort of up all night trying to chase this really stubborn butterfly! You know what. It doesn't matter cause I'm ready for work!"

[Sorry for ant spelling or grammar mistakes- I use mobile]
fTNmH4a.png image.png
Andromeda
They conversed in the language of the constellations
image-1.png tumblr-nvumg1r32b1udenrno4-100.pngtumblr-nvumm3-Yk-Aw1udenrno4-100.png
Boulderstorm | Tom | Warrior | Apprentice: Soughpaw

Boulderstorm jumps up thinking the clan was being attacked then he realizes it's just Soughpaw "Calm down" he meows giving a small, deep, chuckle. He runs his tail over Soughpaws spine. "We can do some battle training in the camp, we have to stay here and keep an eye out for trouble so we can't go to far." He meows. "But next time make sure you don't stay up to late so that you're awake on time." He meows sounding more stern.

Boulderstorm jumps up thinking the clan was being attacked then he realizes it's just Soughpaw "Calm down" he meows giving a small, deep, chuckle. He runs his tail over Soughpaws spine. "We can do some battle training in the camp, we have to stay here and keep an eye out for trouble so we can't go to far." He meows. "But next time make sure you don't stay up to late so that you're awake on time." He meows sounding more stern.
Soughpaw

Soughpaw bounced around in excitement. She loved battle training, it was one of her favorite things about being an apprentice. "I'm so ready! Show me some moves, Boulderstorm!"
Soughpaw

Soughpaw bounced around in excitement. She loved battle training, it was one of her favorite things about being an apprentice. "I'm so ready! Show me some moves, Boulderstorm!"
fTNmH4a.png image.png
Andromeda
They conversed in the language of the constellations
image-1.png tumblr-nvumg1r32b1udenrno4-100.pngtumblr-nvumm3-Yk-Aw1udenrno4-100.png

"I remember when I was an apprentice, battle training was my favorite" he purrs then he motions for her to follow to the center of the clearing "okay what I am going to have you do is try to jump onto my back with your paws sheathed, this would be a good move especially with other apprentices against an enemy - remember though when it's a real enemy use your claws." He meows "Also you would have to watch out that the enemy doesn't try to drop and roll and crush you" he gets down into a fighting pose, waiting for Soughpaw to make a move.

"I remember when I was an apprentice, battle training was my favorite" he purrs then he motions for her to follow to the center of the clearing "okay what I am going to have you do is try to jump onto my back with your paws sheathed, this would be a good move especially with other apprentices against an enemy - remember though when it's a real enemy use your claws." He meows "Also you would have to watch out that the enemy doesn't try to drop and roll and crush you" he gets down into a fighting pose, waiting for Soughpaw to make a move.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48