Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [BSJ] RP game team 5!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Team 5 @Megeara @Stanzascale @Espoir @RaikuKawisa ((Okay! Start off with a simple puzzle simple)) The game begins, but for a while, well, nothing happens. The fae from earlier has disappeared, and eventually, a pearl catcher arrives, and guides you to a library. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31520435] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315205/31520435_350.png[/img] [/url] The place is large, made of marble with many floors. There are several tables, and of course, high bookshelves as far as the eye can see. On the ceiling looks to be murals, and golden langerns bob through the air. There are several dragons moving around and studying nearby, but overall, its a rather private place. The pearlcatcher clears his throat slightly, and looks at you expectantly. "I have a simple puzzle for you. I'm, not sure who exactly made it, but several people in my clan were excited. Including the hatchlings." He said calmly, placing a piece of paper onto a nearby table. "Tell me when you're done." He then walks off, disappearing into the many shelves and books. https://crosswordlabs.com/view/brightshine-crossword
Team 5
@Megeara @Stanzascale @Espoir @RaikuKawisa

((Okay! Start off with a simple puzzle simple))

The game begins, but for a while, well, nothing happens. The fae from earlier has disappeared, and eventually, a pearl catcher arrives, and guides you to a library.

31520435_350.png

The place is large, made of marble with many floors. There are several tables, and of course, high bookshelves as far as the eye can see. On the ceiling looks to be murals, and golden langerns bob through the air. There are several dragons moving around and studying nearby, but overall, its a rather private place. The pearlcatcher clears his throat slightly, and looks at you expectantly.

"I have a simple puzzle for you. I'm, not sure who exactly made it, but several people in my clan were excited. Including the hatchlings." He said calmly, placing a piece of paper onto a nearby table. "Tell me when you're done." He then walks off, disappearing into the many shelves and books.

https://crosswordlabs.com/view/brightshine-crossword
Please check out my flower shop!
NFTA7Ce.png
DVSP5Rq.png
((@Megeara @Espoir @RaikuKawisa Hey y’all! I’m subbed so no need to ping. Made a pic of our team for a scale reference if anyone’s interested.)) [url=http://emcall.github.io/dragonsizes/][img]https://gyazo.com/90a0075fe71b4ccf60cc941da84acb50.png[/img][/url] [center]~~~[/center] Kellmite and his sister had decided to venture beyond the bounds of the Tangled Wood and look around the festivities of the Brightshine Ruins. A commotion in the crowds caught their attention. Eada preferred to avoid excess attention and took a step back. Puzzled, Kellmite investigated to find the cause to be a stall with the sign: ‘Brightshine Jubilee Adventure’. “Look, sister. Is that a game too?” “Game, contest, it’ll be one or both.” “Oh, oh, oh! Here I go!” Before Eada could begin to offer protest, Kellmite ducked into a bubble of Shadow magic. With a pleasing pop, he emerged dressed for action. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812950] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8130/812950_350.png[/img][/url] “Grace stance!” “I…” Eada resisted the urge to sigh. “It looks like they’re getting into teams, so please pay attention if you insist on joining in.” “Got it! Now I’m off to Adventure! See you later.” With that Kellmite made his way over to sign up and be assigned a group. During the wait, Kellmite pranced on the spot to abruptly stop and sit down, before standing up, and restarting the cycle without apparent preamble. Once they started on their way, Kellmite hopped once and cried out happily. "Ooh! A mage's tower? A mathematician's guild? A scholar's trove?" Kellmite couldn't resist the urge to flutter up for a brief look at a higher level before returning his focus to the group. If anyone cleared their throat to give a subtle hint, the Skydancer wasn't paying much attention. After a bit of fumbling (for surely the grace buff more affects his feet than paper handling), Kellmite got a look at the puzzle. "4, 5, 6. Hey, I think HewnCity fits in 5-down!" He chirped to the others. The Skydancer sought a pencil to set about scribbling.
((@Megeara @Espoir @RaikuKawisa Hey y’all! I’m subbed so no need to ping. Made a pic of our team for a scale reference if anyone’s interested.))
90a0075fe71b4ccf60cc941da84acb50.png
~~~

Kellmite and his sister had decided to venture beyond the bounds of the Tangled Wood and look around the festivities of the Brightshine Ruins. A commotion in the crowds caught their attention. Eada preferred to avoid excess attention and took a step back. Puzzled, Kellmite investigated to find the cause to be a stall with the sign: ‘Brightshine Jubilee Adventure’.
“Look, sister. Is that a game too?”
“Game, contest, it’ll be one or both.”
“Oh, oh, oh! Here I go!”
Before Eada could begin to offer protest, Kellmite ducked into a bubble of Shadow magic. With a pleasing pop, he emerged dressed for action.
812950_350.png

“Grace stance!”
“I…” Eada resisted the urge to sigh. “It looks like they’re getting into teams, so please pay attention if you insist on joining in.”
“Got it! Now I’m off to Adventure! See you later.” With that Kellmite made his way over to sign up and be assigned a group.

During the wait, Kellmite pranced on the spot to abruptly stop and sit down, before standing up, and restarting the cycle without apparent preamble.

Once they started on their way, Kellmite hopped once and cried out happily.
"Ooh! A mage's tower? A mathematician's guild? A scholar's trove?" Kellmite couldn't resist the urge to flutter up for a brief look at a higher level before returning his focus to the group. If anyone cleared their throat to give a subtle hint, the Skydancer wasn't paying much attention.

After a bit of fumbling (for surely the grace buff more affects his feet than paper handling), Kellmite got a look at the puzzle.
"4, 5, 6. Hey, I think HewnCity fits in 5-down!" He chirped to the others. The Skydancer sought a pencil to set about scribbling.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
(Just for dragon reference, here's Sombra) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32780354] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/327804/32780354_350.png[/img] [/url] Sombra snorts derisively at the slip of paper. Ridiculous. She thought there would be some kind of... challenge, that would prove her skills worthy once again. This is all just humiliating. There wasn't even a timer or a secret trap she could trigger if she wanted to do a trial or error. She internally sighs her four pale green eyes sizing up her teammates. What a group of imbeciles. There is Lucian, a supposed Light warrior. Sombra wants to scream. He's blind, for Arcanist's sake, how is he supposed to help? Then right next to him is Kellmite. He weirdly looks like an excited puppy to Sombra, despite the Blue dress he was donning. He doesn't seem like someone with much of a brain, but Sombra supposes she can't just exclude him on intuition. The one who catches her attention was Mu Xin. Sombra heard of the warrior princess from some of her intel. She was both feared and admired by anyone who ever met her, and they spoke stories of her sharp mind. Sombra smirks. The girlpower in this group heavily overweight the male dominance it seems. She circled Kellmite who was already scribbling on the table, ignoring his excited chatter. The answer is right anyway, so she doesn't correct him. "Shall I read up the questions for you Lucian, or can you read with your mind? Ah, nevermind, I'll just do it anyway." And so she leans over the paper to look at, and after reading the questions out loud, she pointed a delicately manicured claw on the paper. "Second Down is clearly Sunbeam Ruins," she dictates.
(Just for dragon reference, here's Sombra)

32780354_350.png

Sombra snorts derisively at the slip of paper. Ridiculous. She thought there would be some kind of... challenge, that would prove her skills worthy once again. This is all just humiliating. There wasn't even a timer or a secret trap she could trigger if she wanted to do a trial or error.

She internally sighs her four pale green eyes sizing up her teammates. What a group of imbeciles. There is Lucian, a supposed Light warrior. Sombra wants to scream. He's blind, for Arcanist's sake, how is he supposed to help? Then right next to him is Kellmite. He weirdly looks like an excited puppy to Sombra, despite the Blue dress he was donning. He doesn't seem like someone with much of a brain, but Sombra supposes she can't just exclude him on intuition.

The one who catches her attention was Mu Xin. Sombra heard of the warrior princess from some of her intel. She was both feared and admired by anyone who ever met her, and they spoke stories of her sharp mind. Sombra smirks. The girlpower in this group heavily overweight the male dominance it seems.

She circled Kellmite who was already scribbling on the table, ignoring his excited chatter. The answer is right anyway, so she doesn't correct him.

"Shall I read up the questions for you Lucian, or can you read with your mind? Ah, nevermind, I'll just do it anyway." And so she leans over the paper to look at, and after reading the questions out loud, she pointed a delicately manicured claw on the paper.

"Second Down is clearly Sunbeam Ruins," she dictates.
9653400.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27974595] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/279746/27974595_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Lucian moved through the library with seeming ease despite his blindness. In fact he even 'looked' in the direction of passing dragons. thought he wasn't seeing them physically. The various golden armaments that he wore were unlit and inactive other than the bright orb that hung from his neck which was always filled with the Lightweaver's power. There was no need to channel power into the rest of his equipment unless a fight was planning to break out... which the Mirror seemingly wouldn't mind. Her aura spiked with negative emotion when she looked his direction. No matter, he was used to be underestimated due to his condition. However... it does prevent him from being able to see that which does not have an aura, like a piece of paper. However, before he needed to ask someone to read aloud the questions, the prissy Mirror, Sombra was her name if Lucian remembered correctly, read them aloud first. [color=#b39c00][b]"Thank you Ms. Sombra. I have the answers for two of them."[/b][/color] He stated as he laid down on a bench nearby, as he would clearly have no need to be around the paper. [color=#b39c00][b]"There is a great deal of strife between Imperials and Pearlcatchers because the Lightweaver formed my kind first. Which makes Pearlcatchers the second children of the Lightweaver. The answer to Three Across is 'Pearlcatcher'."[/b][/color] He said before continuing. [color=#b39c00][b]"'Imperial' is the answer to One Down. There are nearly a hundred dragons in my clan, yet only a handful of us are Imperials."[/b][/color] He waited for Sombra or the Skydancer to validate those answers as he looked at the other members of the group he was with. The Skydancer, Kellmite, was easily excitable, or at least so it seemed. [color=#b39c00][i]Ah, to have such innocence again.[/i][/color] Lucian thought to himself. He hoped Kellmite never lost it. He let out a light growl and grimaced as an image of the Skydancer with black bottomless eyes and covered in black tar flashed in his mind. He shook his head to clear those thoughts from his head and looked at the last dragon who hasn't spoken yet. A dark red Nocturne with the name of Mu Xin was the last of the group. Her aura was strong, that much was apparent. There was no doubt that she would be able to hold her own in a fight if one of their challenges lead them to that. ((EDIT Looking at that image its hilarious how small Lucian's wings are.))

Lucian moved through the library with seeming ease despite his blindness. In fact he even 'looked' in the direction of passing dragons. thought he wasn't seeing them physically. The various golden armaments that he wore were unlit and inactive other than the bright orb that hung from his neck which was always filled with the Lightweaver's power. There was no need to channel power into the rest of his equipment unless a fight was planning to break out... which the Mirror seemingly wouldn't mind. Her aura spiked with negative emotion when she looked his direction. No matter, he was used to be underestimated due to his condition.

However... it does prevent him from being able to see that which does not have an aura, like a piece of paper. However, before he needed to ask someone to read aloud the questions, the prissy Mirror, Sombra was her name if Lucian remembered correctly, read them aloud first.

"Thank you Ms. Sombra. I have the answers for two of them." He stated as he laid down on a bench nearby, as he would clearly have no need to be around the paper.

"There is a great deal of strife between Imperials and Pearlcatchers because the Lightweaver formed my kind first. Which makes Pearlcatchers the second children of the Lightweaver. The answer to Three Across is 'Pearlcatcher'." He said before continuing. "'Imperial' is the answer to One Down. There are nearly a hundred dragons in my clan, yet only a handful of us are Imperials." He waited for Sombra or the Skydancer to validate those answers as he looked at the other members of the group he was with.

The Skydancer, Kellmite, was easily excitable, or at least so it seemed. Ah, to have such innocence again. Lucian thought to himself. He hoped Kellmite never lost it. He let out a light growl and grimaced as an image of the Skydancer with black bottomless eyes and covered in black tar flashed in his mind. He shook his head to clear those thoughts from his head and looked at the last dragon who hasn't spoken yet.

A dark red Nocturne with the name of Mu Xin was the last of the group. Her aura was strong, that much was apparent. There was no doubt that she would be able to hold her own in a fight if one of their challenges lead them to that.

((EDIT Looking at that image its hilarious how small Lucian's wings are.))
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
Sombra looks at Lucian with an impassive face. The loud sounds of the library dim down as she focuses her talents at the Imperial. He has a blank face, maw pulled into a neutral line, and the shine of all those ridiculous equipment makes her job all the more difficult. Sombra hates it with a passion, but nevertheless, she mayheps judged the dragon way too soon. A mistake she can't make again, and she wants to line the table with her clawmarks in her frustration, but instead calms herself with a steadying breath. It doesn't mean he doesn't have brains if he has brawns, she chides herself.

She waits for Kellmite to finish writing. The Skydancer looks way more appealing now, with his face showing all his emotions, an open book. Despite her despise of his assumingly silly nature, Sombra can't help but think back of her village, a small shard of memory she cradles in the back of her mind of a small hatchling with a toothy bright smile.

It's too bad he was slaughtered with the others.

"Not bad, Lucian," she talks to the table. She doesn't want to look at him, and she has the feeling that the Imperial might know why. It didn't escape her attention, that the dragon knows where to put his paws or turn his head. Information worth noting.

"But I have a better one. Not many of you might know of the Illuminarti," she points at Fourth Across. "It's a shady organization you don't ever want to cross alone in an alley or cave. One second you see a flash, then the walls are painted with your insides. Literally."

((edit: We should probably wait for Espoir in terms of progression. Wouldn't want to exclude them.))
Sombra looks at Lucian with an impassive face. The loud sounds of the library dim down as she focuses her talents at the Imperial. He has a blank face, maw pulled into a neutral line, and the shine of all those ridiculous equipment makes her job all the more difficult. Sombra hates it with a passion, but nevertheless, she mayheps judged the dragon way too soon. A mistake she can't make again, and she wants to line the table with her clawmarks in her frustration, but instead calms herself with a steadying breath. It doesn't mean he doesn't have brains if he has brawns, she chides herself.

She waits for Kellmite to finish writing. The Skydancer looks way more appealing now, with his face showing all his emotions, an open book. Despite her despise of his assumingly silly nature, Sombra can't help but think back of her village, a small shard of memory she cradles in the back of her mind of a small hatchling with a toothy bright smile.

It's too bad he was slaughtered with the others.

"Not bad, Lucian," she talks to the table. She doesn't want to look at him, and she has the feeling that the Imperial might know why. It didn't escape her attention, that the dragon knows where to put his paws or turn his head. Information worth noting.

"But I have a better one. Not many of you might know of the Illuminarti," she points at Fourth Across. "It's a shady organization you don't ever want to cross alone in an alley or cave. One second you see a flash, then the walls are painted with your insides. Literally."

((edit: We should probably wait for Espoir in terms of progression. Wouldn't want to exclude them.))
9653400.gif
[center]((Not a post, just the current progress)) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/a5b3deabb487962bf0a1a3183aacef21.png[/img][/center]
((Not a post, just the current progress))
a5b3deabb487962bf0a1a3183aacef21.png
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
Kellmite scribbled for a while, chuckling happily every so often. “Yes, I agree!” He responded to Sombra’s remark about another answer. “It fits with 6-across which can only mean Shadowbinder’s sister.” Strictly speaking what he said wasn’t the correct answer, but he felt pretty sure he’d written it down correctly. Given how many times the name was likely to be uttered that festival, it was one of the easier answers.
“Ohhh…” The Skydancer’s attention was drawn to the Imperial when he spoke, and he really was an impressively garbed Light dragon. A very magical one too, no doubt. Kellmite couldn't tell if there was a way of seeing past the veil he was wearing. Kellmite checked his sheet. “Your two answers fit together and with 2-down, and I think you’d know best.” Kellmite grinned. “But I can check. There might be a clue to another question around here.” Leaving his scribbles and pencil, the Skydancer wandered a short way off to pick a few books off the shelf and flick through.

“Alright. That's a pretty clear yes.” Kellmite told Lucian the Imperial. He looked over as Sombra offered her next contribution. "Doesn't one of the books over there are have an eyeball-pyramid on its spine? Is that what it's about?" The Skydancer's antennae gave a nervous quiver. Art was one thing. Paintings made of guts were another. Not the kind of adventure he was looking to get into. Kellmite shook his head vigorously and looked down at his sheet. "I wasn't sure I'd spelt it right, but I thought I'd heard other stall-owners talking about 'acolytes'. But that doesn't fit with 5-down...maybe it's a pun?"

((Posting before I have to edit again and before I turn in, heh. Also yeah, I get the impression that Imperials having proportionally small wings is very common.
Okay, I'll stick to hint-dropping since there's only two answers left then. To some extent it is a team game, mm. Sorry if I took too long drafting.))
Kellmite scribbled for a while, chuckling happily every so often. “Yes, I agree!” He responded to Sombra’s remark about another answer. “It fits with 6-across which can only mean Shadowbinder’s sister.” Strictly speaking what he said wasn’t the correct answer, but he felt pretty sure he’d written it down correctly. Given how many times the name was likely to be uttered that festival, it was one of the easier answers.
“Ohhh…” The Skydancer’s attention was drawn to the Imperial when he spoke, and he really was an impressively garbed Light dragon. A very magical one too, no doubt. Kellmite couldn't tell if there was a way of seeing past the veil he was wearing. Kellmite checked his sheet. “Your two answers fit together and with 2-down, and I think you’d know best.” Kellmite grinned. “But I can check. There might be a clue to another question around here.” Leaving his scribbles and pencil, the Skydancer wandered a short way off to pick a few books off the shelf and flick through.

“Alright. That's a pretty clear yes.” Kellmite told Lucian the Imperial. He looked over as Sombra offered her next contribution. "Doesn't one of the books over there are have an eyeball-pyramid on its spine? Is that what it's about?" The Skydancer's antennae gave a nervous quiver. Art was one thing. Paintings made of guts were another. Not the kind of adventure he was looking to get into. Kellmite shook his head vigorously and looked down at his sheet. "I wasn't sure I'd spelt it right, but I thought I'd heard other stall-owners talking about 'acolytes'. But that doesn't fit with 5-down...maybe it's a pun?"

((Posting before I have to edit again and before I turn in, heh. Also yeah, I get the impression that Imperials having proportionally small wings is very common.
Okay, I'll stick to hint-dropping since there's only two answers left then. To some extent it is a team game, mm. Sorry if I took too long drafting.))
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
((I'll give @Espoir a chance to reply. If they haven't in about 4 hours, I'll post again))
((I'll give @Espoir a chance to reply. If they haven't in about 4 hours, I'll post again))
((It's just past midnight here, I think I'll be off to bed, will wake in 6am (FR 21:00). I checked on Espoir, they didn't seem to be active today in forums, here's hoping they'll show up.))
((It's just past midnight here, I think I'll be off to bed, will wake in 6am (FR 21:00). I checked on Espoir, they didn't seem to be active today in forums, here's hoping they'll show up.))
9653400.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17&tab=dragon&did=27974595][img]http://orig04.deviantart.net/6551/f/2017/177/a/7/lucian_150_by_arykhdragon777-dbe5ydv.png[/img][/url][/center] The intense flare in Sombra's emotions took the Imperial back, but it was dulled so quick he had to question if he even noticed it. It was clear that there was more to the Mirror than it seemed. He was surprised that the Skydancer wasn't reacting to the flare of emotions. If it was enough to disturb her harmony, then it was certainly enough for the empath to detect. Perhaps the Skydancer had his own secrets. Hopefully something worse than the 'Illuminarti'. A bunch of shady dragons were hardly scary. [color=#b39c00][b]"Acolyte sounds like it should work. What is the issue with the word?"[/b][/color] Lucian asked being unable to see the spaces for the letters himself. [color=#b39c00][b]"And just to clearify, you mean the Lightweaver for Six-Across right? I mean, there is really no other word that fits. My patron is the Goddess of Light."[/b][/color] Lucian stated in way that implied more than the Lightweaver merely being the leader of his birth flight. He was a little surprised the puzzle was this easy, other than 'Acolyte' not working as a word. Then again, it was a festival event, it was there for the groups to enjoy themselves. It wasn't supposed to be impossible.
lucian_150_by_arykhdragon777-dbe5ydv.png

The intense flare in Sombra's emotions took the Imperial back, but it was dulled so quick he had to question if he even noticed it. It was clear that there was more to the Mirror than it seemed. He was surprised that the Skydancer wasn't reacting to the flare of emotions. If it was enough to disturb her harmony, then it was certainly enough for the empath to detect. Perhaps the Skydancer had his own secrets. Hopefully something worse than the 'Illuminarti'. A bunch of shady dragons were hardly scary.

"Acolyte sounds like it should work. What is the issue with the word?" Lucian asked being unable to see the spaces for the letters himself. "And just to clearify, you mean the Lightweaver for Six-Across right? I mean, there is really no other word that fits. My patron is the Goddess of Light." Lucian stated in way that implied more than the Lightweaver merely being the leader of his birth flight. He was a little surprised the puzzle was this easy, other than 'Acolyte' not working as a word. Then again, it was a festival event, it was there for the groups to enjoy themselves. It wasn't supposed to be impossible.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11