Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dustclan | RP Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Sleekfoot
Interaction - Open

"What is this matter of such grave importance that you needed to go right to the leader to solve it? And likely wake up half the cats in camp?"

Acornstem put on a broad smile, large ears rising. He loved the reactions of Sleekfoot as his sarcastic comments left his mouth. "Heh, well as you know-- Fawnpad's kitting is nigh. The problem is, there is no solution to me helping her. I can hardly stand, crawling only helps," he stuck out his front arm, pointing to it with his muzzle. "Look at this! Do you suppose that this is predicted to heal? I might as well choose to become a keeper. I could have fun with blind and useless Pebblespine. Do whatever you wish with me leader," he glared at her, head resting on the stone ground. If he did rank all the way down to keeper, he'd be forgotten by the others.
Why did he care? Everyone disliked him anyway, responses that were hurtful, full of truth. "Heck, I don't have an apprentice to care for? Fawnpad's kits would do, then I'd have to wait for six moons till they earn their 'paw' suffix. Ergh-- could you get me more poppy seeds?" Acornstem asked, the smile disappearing as he talked. "And don't you dare think about asking how many I need," the medicine cat looked past the brown pelt, seeing Pumpkinroot leave the leader's den. He gasped as the tom padded towards his den, negatively forgetting about his request for the owl.
"Pumpkinroot, wait! What about my-- owl? You did listen right?" his shout echoed in the den. No response. "Hmph, I don't need him. How about... Robinheart! Would you be a sweetie and pass me that owl?" he asked the guard, watching her eat the small lizard. He could probably manipulate and guilt trip her into replacing Pumpkinroot. She was a friendlier guard after all, who could disagree?

@Malignantt @NickelDragon (Adding Pumpkinroot in a minute)
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Sleekfoot
Interaction - Open

"What is this matter of such grave importance that you needed to go right to the leader to solve it? And likely wake up half the cats in camp?"

Acornstem put on a broad smile, large ears rising. He loved the reactions of Sleekfoot as his sarcastic comments left his mouth. "Heh, well as you know-- Fawnpad's kitting is nigh. The problem is, there is no solution to me helping her. I can hardly stand, crawling only helps," he stuck out his front arm, pointing to it with his muzzle. "Look at this! Do you suppose that this is predicted to heal? I might as well choose to become a keeper. I could have fun with blind and useless Pebblespine. Do whatever you wish with me leader," he glared at her, head resting on the stone ground. If he did rank all the way down to keeper, he'd be forgotten by the others.
Why did he care? Everyone disliked him anyway, responses that were hurtful, full of truth. "Heck, I don't have an apprentice to care for? Fawnpad's kits would do, then I'd have to wait for six moons till they earn their 'paw' suffix. Ergh-- could you get me more poppy seeds?" Acornstem asked, the smile disappearing as he talked. "And don't you dare think about asking how many I need," the medicine cat looked past the brown pelt, seeing Pumpkinroot leave the leader's den. He gasped as the tom padded towards his den, negatively forgetting about his request for the owl.
"Pumpkinroot, wait! What about my-- owl? You did listen right?" his shout echoed in the den. No response. "Hmph, I don't need him. How about... Robinheart! Would you be a sweetie and pass me that owl?" he asked the guard, watching her eat the small lizard. He could probably manipulate and guilt trip her into replacing Pumpkinroot. She was a friendlier guard after all, who could disagree?

@Malignantt @NickelDragon (Adding Pumpkinroot in a minute)
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
Pinging: @TimeOblivion
Robinheart chuckled lightly. Robinheart, for some reason she could not say, enjoyed listening to Acornstem soapbox and snark. "Sure. You know Acornstem, you should have picked up some pointers from the guards and hunters for defending yourself." She chuckled as she pulled herself from her lizard to grab him an owl.

Upon grabbing an owl, she returned with an owl and sat it in front of the incapacitated cat. "And with you eating all the owls, im going to have to go on night hunts." She said annoyed as she went back to her lizard.
Pinging: @TimeOblivion
Robinheart chuckled lightly. Robinheart, for some reason she could not say, enjoyed listening to Acornstem soapbox and snark. "Sure. You know Acornstem, you should have picked up some pointers from the guards and hunters for defending yourself." She chuckled as she pulled herself from her lizard to grab him an owl.

Upon grabbing an owl, she returned with an owl and sat it in front of the incapacitated cat. "And with you eating all the owls, im going to have to go on night hunts." She said annoyed as she went back to her lizard.
@TimeOblivion @NickelDragons @shaunti

Sleekfoot rolled her eyes. "If we really had no use for you, would we have gone through all the trouble of trying to patch you up? Even if it heals incorrectly, Medicine Cats aren't expected to go at roadrunner speeds." She headed to the back of the den to grab a few poppy seeds.
"As long as you fulfill your role, you won't be useless." She said, adapting her usual efficient tone as she put the few seeds in front of him. "And as for Fawnpad, I don't believe kitting is a particularly complicated process. Painful, but not complicated."
She turned to the brown-furred she-cat. "Morning, Robinheart. Is anyone else awake besides you and Pumpkinroot?" The patrol should be heading out soon.
@TimeOblivion @NickelDragons @shaunti

Sleekfoot rolled her eyes. "If we really had no use for you, would we have gone through all the trouble of trying to patch you up? Even if it heals incorrectly, Medicine Cats aren't expected to go at roadrunner speeds." She headed to the back of the den to grab a few poppy seeds.
"As long as you fulfill your role, you won't be useless." She said, adapting her usual efficient tone as she put the few seeds in front of him. "And as for Fawnpad, I don't believe kitting is a particularly complicated process. Painful, but not complicated."
She turned to the brown-furred she-cat. "Morning, Robinheart. Is anyone else awake besides you and Pumpkinroot?" The patrol should be heading out soon.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
ds6mpZn.gif....FR time + 1
ds6mpZn.gif....hauntings#0781
ds6mpZn.gif....interesting things here
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Robinheart
Interaction - Open

"And with you eating all the owls, I'm going to have to go on night hunts.

Acornstem purred with gratitude as his owl was dropped. "I'm sure you'll be fine out there. Not to tell anyone this but-- you're my favorite hunter out of all. You've learned quite a lot from your mentor," he complimented, taking small bites out of the bird. The medicine cat held back the nerve to cringe. That awful taste, but Stormtail deserved some glory. "And with that magnificent and beautiful pelt. Ah, I can't understand why nobody's said anything about it yet," he mewed through a mouthful, staring at Robinheart's tiger coated fur.
"It's just so pretty and..." he stopped, pushing the bird aside. There was no need to get lost in a thought like this. Where was Sleekfoot with the poppy seeds? "Ahem, Sleekfoot what are you doing back there? Better not be messing with my herbs or I'll kill you," he stopped. Why did you say something like that to a leader? Mouse brain you don't know anything about respect.
"Whoops don't count that as a real threat, please. I don't have experience with fighting anyone or anything," Acornstem looked up at Robinheart's yellow eyes, admiring them greatly. "Okay well I'll let you leave now, I don't want to continue looking into those lovely eyes of yours, hehe" he purred once again before leaning in the direction that Sleekfoot went into. "Leader? Are you there?" shortly after that, the scrawny brown she-cat appeared carrying two seeds in her mouth. She rolled her eyes, saying something with a mouthful of seeds. "As long as you fulfill your role, you won't be useless," the seeds were dropped in front of him as she said this.
"Thank you-- could you not watch? I get uncomfortable when the clan does this," ignoring the eyes that were rested on him, Acornstem lapped up both of the tiny objects. "With Fawnpad's kitting, um I've never done anything like this. My last mentor didn't fully explain it to me before she died," his face went blank and empty thinking about it.

@Malignantt @NickelDragons
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Robinheart
Interaction - Open

"And with you eating all the owls, I'm going to have to go on night hunts.

Acornstem purred with gratitude as his owl was dropped. "I'm sure you'll be fine out there. Not to tell anyone this but-- you're my favorite hunter out of all. You've learned quite a lot from your mentor," he complimented, taking small bites out of the bird. The medicine cat held back the nerve to cringe. That awful taste, but Stormtail deserved some glory. "And with that magnificent and beautiful pelt. Ah, I can't understand why nobody's said anything about it yet," he mewed through a mouthful, staring at Robinheart's tiger coated fur.
"It's just so pretty and..." he stopped, pushing the bird aside. There was no need to get lost in a thought like this. Where was Sleekfoot with the poppy seeds? "Ahem, Sleekfoot what are you doing back there? Better not be messing with my herbs or I'll kill you," he stopped. Why did you say something like that to a leader? Mouse brain you don't know anything about respect.
"Whoops don't count that as a real threat, please. I don't have experience with fighting anyone or anything," Acornstem looked up at Robinheart's yellow eyes, admiring them greatly. "Okay well I'll let you leave now, I don't want to continue looking into those lovely eyes of yours, hehe" he purred once again before leaning in the direction that Sleekfoot went into. "Leader? Are you there?" shortly after that, the scrawny brown she-cat appeared carrying two seeds in her mouth. She rolled her eyes, saying something with a mouthful of seeds. "As long as you fulfill your role, you won't be useless," the seeds were dropped in front of him as she said this.
"Thank you-- could you not watch? I get uncomfortable when the clan does this," ignoring the eyes that were rested on him, Acornstem lapped up both of the tiny objects. "With Fawnpad's kitting, um I've never done anything like this. My last mentor didn't fully explain it to me before she died," his face went blank and empty thinking about it.

@Malignantt @NickelDragons
Pinging: @Malignantt @TimeOblivion

"When I last checked, they were not awake." She responded in a quite business like manner. "I can go wake them if you would wish?" Her leader already had enough to worry about. Especially with their medcat. And hearing the medicine cat smooze out " Not to tell anyone this but-- you're my favorite hunter out of all." Robinheart let out a snort.

As the she cat finished her lizard and disposed of the bones, She let out a "Sure I am Acornstem. You probably say that to the others as well." And when the male complemented her pelt she chuckled "even though it is probably and insincere complement." She paused before saying "Thank you Acornstem."

The shecat trotted over and plonked down near the conversation.
Pinging: @Malignantt @TimeOblivion

"When I last checked, they were not awake." She responded in a quite business like manner. "I can go wake them if you would wish?" Her leader already had enough to worry about. Especially with their medcat. And hearing the medicine cat smooze out " Not to tell anyone this but-- you're my favorite hunter out of all." Robinheart let out a snort.

As the she cat finished her lizard and disposed of the bones, She let out a "Sure I am Acornstem. You probably say that to the others as well." And when the male complemented her pelt she chuckled "even though it is probably and insincere complement." She paused before saying "Thank you Acornstem."

The shecat trotted over and plonked down near the conversation.
@NickelDragons @TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot's whiskers twitched at the Medicine Cat's blatant schmoozing.
"Don't tell anyone, you say, as I stand right here?"
Hearing the hunter's quiery, she turned and nodded politely.
"Yes, please wake up Dunefoot, Sandstream, and Beandrop. Appreciated. You don't have to bring them to me- they know what to do. And until the Coyotes are dealt with, don't let your apprentice go hunting alone."
She did have to admire the younger warrior's cool responses to Acornstem' s compliments. Good not to be distracted by silly things like that. She purposefully did not look at the tortoiseshell as he lapped up the small black seeds, not wanting to annoy Acornstem and waste her time listening to him come up with an oh-so witty phrase.
"Well, you won't learn if you don't get experience." She said bluntly. "The Keepers have witnessed a few kittings, they might be of some use- in this situation. Better ask Pebblespine privately- Fawnpad would panic if she thought you didn't know. Yes-" she said, staring intently at Acornstem as if he expected a snarky response, "I know the irony of asking a blind cat for witness information. But it's something."
@NickelDragons @TimeOblivion

Sleekfoot's whiskers twitched at the Medicine Cat's blatant schmoozing.
"Don't tell anyone, you say, as I stand right here?"
Hearing the hunter's quiery, she turned and nodded politely.
"Yes, please wake up Dunefoot, Sandstream, and Beandrop. Appreciated. You don't have to bring them to me- they know what to do. And until the Coyotes are dealt with, don't let your apprentice go hunting alone."
She did have to admire the younger warrior's cool responses to Acornstem' s compliments. Good not to be distracted by silly things like that. She purposefully did not look at the tortoiseshell as he lapped up the small black seeds, not wanting to annoy Acornstem and waste her time listening to him come up with an oh-so witty phrase.
"Well, you won't learn if you don't get experience." She said bluntly. "The Keepers have witnessed a few kittings, they might be of some use- in this situation. Better ask Pebblespine privately- Fawnpad would panic if she thought you didn't know. Yes-" she said, staring intently at Acornstem as if he expected a snarky response, "I know the irony of asking a blind cat for witness information. But it's something."
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Pinging: @Malignantt @Shaunti @TimeOblivion

Nodding to her leader and medicine cat politely, the cat trotted bacl towards the den.

{Alright who will I wake up first.} She decided on Beandrop first, padding quietly trying not to wake the others. She approached Beandrop's bed and brought her paw down towards the cats stomach. Leaning down slightly she whispered "Beandrop, time to get up. We have patrol." Hoping that would wake her up she moved onto Dunefoot, then to Sandstrea using the same technique to rose them.

She chuckled lightly as she moved away from her compatriots and sat near the exit of the den, waiting for them to wake up.
Pinging: @Malignantt @Shaunti @TimeOblivion

Nodding to her leader and medicine cat politely, the cat trotted bacl towards the den.

{Alright who will I wake up first.} She decided on Beandrop first, padding quietly trying not to wake the others. She approached Beandrop's bed and brought her paw down towards the cats stomach. Leaning down slightly she whispered "Beandrop, time to get up. We have patrol." Hoping that would wake her up she moved onto Dunefoot, then to Sandstrea using the same technique to rose them.

She chuckled lightly as she moved away from her compatriots and sat near the exit of the den, waiting for them to wake up.
@TimeOblivion @Malignantt

Dunefoot stretched, dipping her head to Robinheart. Leading Beandrop and Sandstream outside, she nodded to the two. "Are you two ready? The three of us are going to beat those mutts out of our territory. Beandrop will lead us to them by tracking their scent. Then Sandstream will ambush them. If you two both understand... we can go."
@TimeOblivion @Malignantt

Dunefoot stretched, dipping her head to Robinheart. Leading Beandrop and Sandstream outside, she nodded to the two. "Are you two ready? The three of us are going to beat those mutts out of our territory. Beandrop will lead us to them by tracking their scent. Then Sandstream will ambush them. If you two both understand... we can go."
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Sleekfoot, Robinheart
Interaction - Open

"Sure I am Acornstem. You probably say that to the others as well."

The uniquely colored tom curled his tongue in confusion. To his looks, the she-cat didn't look anymore flattered by his somewhat romantic words. He liked the hunter very much, despite the gloomy and horrible thought of being sterile. It's not like he wanted kits anyway, they were a bust of pain that would exhaust you easily. Poor Fawnpad, a litter of kits involving a limit of six. He figured he should take another shot at complimentary phrases, see what Robinheart would do.
"No not really deary, have you got a bug in your ear? I don't assume I've ever said anything like this to the rest of hunters," he grinned, appeased at what popped in his head.
"Even though it is probably and insincere compliment. Thank you Acornstem," he noticed the sudden and unexplained pause. Acornstem had the need to bring up the alarm of it.
"You sound a little off today... Anything wrong? Could I provide you with a helpful herb?" asking politely as she moved her body closer. Claustrophobia scorched his mind, the den felt a tad bit small and cramped with two cats in. He scootched over, pelt hitting the wall and trembling.
"'S-Scuse me for a moment," murmured the Medicine cat, crawling by over both figures to and eventually standing outside. "Ohh, that's way better. They need to expand that den, add more room. I don't need this feeling popping up again,". Barely hearing Sleekfoot's mention about his inexperience with kitting, a thought struck him. Maybe he should visit the keeper, Fawnpad, check up on how her mood is. Acornstem quickly dragged himself over to the rock, his weight lowering the strength to climb. There in his eyes, was Fawnpad, mewing quietly in pain. Her amber eyes opening, narrowing with Acornstem's visit. "I-Its happening-- please, get Sleekfoot-- guide her over here along with Pebblespine," she muttered, struggling to keep herself under control. Halfway up the ledge, he fell with thump, unable to take in what he just heard.
"Fawnpad's... kitting? I thought it wouldn't be until sooner--" his thoughts pooled with panic and excitement. New members of Dustclan, new apprentices, and much more...
The medicine cat rushed back over, chest heaving with surprise. "She's ready. Gather whatever I need to birth them. Tell Pebblespine to walk me through step by step. I'll meet you over there--" after explaining, the tom appeared at Fawnpad's nursery again, nearing over, and curling himself around her. "Shh-- it'll be alright. I know this is painful but you have to stay calm-- trust me,"

@Malignantt @NickelDragons (I'll be taking the third kit, kill it off if you want)
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Sleekfoot, Robinheart
Interaction - Open

"Sure I am Acornstem. You probably say that to the others as well."

The uniquely colored tom curled his tongue in confusion. To his looks, the she-cat didn't look anymore flattered by his somewhat romantic words. He liked the hunter very much, despite the gloomy and horrible thought of being sterile. It's not like he wanted kits anyway, they were a bust of pain that would exhaust you easily. Poor Fawnpad, a litter of kits involving a limit of six. He figured he should take another shot at complimentary phrases, see what Robinheart would do.
"No not really deary, have you got a bug in your ear? I don't assume I've ever said anything like this to the rest of hunters," he grinned, appeased at what popped in his head.
"Even though it is probably and insincere compliment. Thank you Acornstem," he noticed the sudden and unexplained pause. Acornstem had the need to bring up the alarm of it.
"You sound a little off today... Anything wrong? Could I provide you with a helpful herb?" asking politely as she moved her body closer. Claustrophobia scorched his mind, the den felt a tad bit small and cramped with two cats in. He scootched over, pelt hitting the wall and trembling.
"'S-Scuse me for a moment," murmured the Medicine cat, crawling by over both figures to and eventually standing outside. "Ohh, that's way better. They need to expand that den, add more room. I don't need this feeling popping up again,". Barely hearing Sleekfoot's mention about his inexperience with kitting, a thought struck him. Maybe he should visit the keeper, Fawnpad, check up on how her mood is. Acornstem quickly dragged himself over to the rock, his weight lowering the strength to climb. There in his eyes, was Fawnpad, mewing quietly in pain. Her amber eyes opening, narrowing with Acornstem's visit. "I-Its happening-- please, get Sleekfoot-- guide her over here along with Pebblespine," she muttered, struggling to keep herself under control. Halfway up the ledge, he fell with thump, unable to take in what he just heard.
"Fawnpad's... kitting? I thought it wouldn't be until sooner--" his thoughts pooled with panic and excitement. New members of Dustclan, new apprentices, and much more...
The medicine cat rushed back over, chest heaving with surprise. "She's ready. Gather whatever I need to birth them. Tell Pebblespine to walk me through step by step. I'll meet you over there--" after explaining, the tom appeared at Fawnpad's nursery again, nearing over, and curling himself around her. "Shh-- it'll be alright. I know this is painful but you have to stay calm-- trust me,"

@Malignantt @NickelDragons (I'll be taking the third kit, kill it off if you want)
@TimeOblivion @Shaunti

Sleekfoot visibly bristled as the medicine cat ran down the slope, yelling something about Fawnpad's kits coming- but not because of the immediate threat of kitting. Rather, what would happen if one of the kits was born weak, or sickly, or dead. Fawnpad was a fragile cat, at least in her eyes. She didn't want something to drive off the only physically able keeper. And, more importantly, the clan wouldn't have new warriors. The nursery had been empty for a few moons, since the similarly-aged trio of Riverpaw, Cactuspaw, and Kawapaw left.
"Pebblespine!" she called out, but the brown keeper was already halfway up the slope. "Listen!"
The older cat started, as if unused to being directly referred to by the leader.
"Yes, Sleekfoot?" he mewed quietly.
"Help guide Acornstem through this kitting. And tell me what supplies need to be brought."
He promptly replied, "Raspberry leaves for the pain... they're a bit rough and have sharp edges. Rather small leaves. A cactus pad, they have water in them. She'll be exhausted and might need to drink. And a large stick that won't break easily." With that, he continued up the path, disappearing through the rock entrance of the Nursery just as Acornstem started heading up.
Despite how strange the last request seemed to her, Sleekfoot didn't question it as she dashed into the lowest den. That would waste precious time. She scanned the seemingly endless rows of pressed-flat herbs and leaves in the rock shelves, quietly glad that she was assigned to the dusty fields and not the medicine clearing.
Cactus pads were easy, as everyone used them for drinking in their den and they were hard to miss, The sticks, oddly, were also in the den, all seemingly uniform size and covered in a layer of dust. Likely gathered by the previous medicine cat for this occasion. Now, raspberry, raspberry- there!
Taking the rough leaves in her jaws, she clambered up the clifface.

Pebblespine was already in the den by the time Acornstem had gotten back, quietly murmuring words of comfort to Fawnpad. They turned sharply at the sound of Acornstem's pawsteps.
"Thank you for coming here so quickly." he said in a quiet, calm voice- he needed to make both of them feel like he knew what he was doing. It might calm them down. "This can be a long and painful process, but it's relatively simple."
With that, he padded to his denmate and placed his paw on her stomach. "Come here. You can feel her body trying to push the kits out, right? If needed, you can press down rhythmically to help- not too hard, though." He'd dealt with this process many times, having been a keeper for more than 6 seasons, and had both had to stand by as a helper or listen anxiously from a safe distance.
At about that time, Sleekfoot came in, supplies gripped firmly in her jaws. After carefully lowering them on the ground, she glanced around, not really feeling like she needed to be here. "I'll be back if needed." she said, nodding politely before leaving.
The brown and gray cat snorted- how typical of one of the "fiercest cats" to be more scared of kitting than coyotes- but then immediately ducked his head, embarrassed to be laughing at someone else's expense. More to divert his own attention than anything else, he followed the scent of the herbs, nosing each of them in turn as he explained its purpose.
"You might know these, but these are raspberry leaves, have her eat these to lessen the pain... though perhaps not as many as she brought...this should be self-explanatory...and this is for her to bite down on when the pains come."

Sandsteam slowly blinked awake as Robinheart's nose butted their side. Oh, yes! Fighting the coyotes!
The yellow guard nearly catapulted out of their nest, pulling a bit of twig out of their short fur. "We're all ready?" they whispered, trying to be careful with not waking up anyone else in the cave. Though to be honest, they were literally shivering with the anticipation of shredding the intruders. They followed their fellow patrol-members out, blinking rapidly in an attempt to chase all the sleep away from their eyes.
"Ready!" They blurted out before Dunefoot had even finished talking- which Sandstream was quiet for the rest of the explanation, in an attempt to avoid her famous temper. They only moved to give Beandrop a reassuring grin- she was a hunter, so of course she wouldn't be used to something like this. They'd make it through, though, all of them.
@TimeOblivion @Shaunti

Sleekfoot visibly bristled as the medicine cat ran down the slope, yelling something about Fawnpad's kits coming- but not because of the immediate threat of kitting. Rather, what would happen if one of the kits was born weak, or sickly, or dead. Fawnpad was a fragile cat, at least in her eyes. She didn't want something to drive off the only physically able keeper. And, more importantly, the clan wouldn't have new warriors. The nursery had been empty for a few moons, since the similarly-aged trio of Riverpaw, Cactuspaw, and Kawapaw left.
"Pebblespine!" she called out, but the brown keeper was already halfway up the slope. "Listen!"
The older cat started, as if unused to being directly referred to by the leader.
"Yes, Sleekfoot?" he mewed quietly.
"Help guide Acornstem through this kitting. And tell me what supplies need to be brought."
He promptly replied, "Raspberry leaves for the pain... they're a bit rough and have sharp edges. Rather small leaves. A cactus pad, they have water in them. She'll be exhausted and might need to drink. And a large stick that won't break easily." With that, he continued up the path, disappearing through the rock entrance of the Nursery just as Acornstem started heading up.
Despite how strange the last request seemed to her, Sleekfoot didn't question it as she dashed into the lowest den. That would waste precious time. She scanned the seemingly endless rows of pressed-flat herbs and leaves in the rock shelves, quietly glad that she was assigned to the dusty fields and not the medicine clearing.
Cactus pads were easy, as everyone used them for drinking in their den and they were hard to miss, The sticks, oddly, were also in the den, all seemingly uniform size and covered in a layer of dust. Likely gathered by the previous medicine cat for this occasion. Now, raspberry, raspberry- there!
Taking the rough leaves in her jaws, she clambered up the clifface.

Pebblespine was already in the den by the time Acornstem had gotten back, quietly murmuring words of comfort to Fawnpad. They turned sharply at the sound of Acornstem's pawsteps.
"Thank you for coming here so quickly." he said in a quiet, calm voice- he needed to make both of them feel like he knew what he was doing. It might calm them down. "This can be a long and painful process, but it's relatively simple."
With that, he padded to his denmate and placed his paw on her stomach. "Come here. You can feel her body trying to push the kits out, right? If needed, you can press down rhythmically to help- not too hard, though." He'd dealt with this process many times, having been a keeper for more than 6 seasons, and had both had to stand by as a helper or listen anxiously from a safe distance.
At about that time, Sleekfoot came in, supplies gripped firmly in her jaws. After carefully lowering them on the ground, she glanced around, not really feeling like she needed to be here. "I'll be back if needed." she said, nodding politely before leaving.
The brown and gray cat snorted- how typical of one of the "fiercest cats" to be more scared of kitting than coyotes- but then immediately ducked his head, embarrassed to be laughing at someone else's expense. More to divert his own attention than anything else, he followed the scent of the herbs, nosing each of them in turn as he explained its purpose.
"You might know these, but these are raspberry leaves, have her eat these to lessen the pain... though perhaps not as many as she brought...this should be self-explanatory...and this is for her to bite down on when the pains come."

Sandsteam slowly blinked awake as Robinheart's nose butted their side. Oh, yes! Fighting the coyotes!
The yellow guard nearly catapulted out of their nest, pulling a bit of twig out of their short fur. "We're all ready?" they whispered, trying to be careful with not waking up anyone else in the cave. Though to be honest, they were literally shivering with the anticipation of shredding the intruders. They followed their fellow patrol-members out, blinking rapidly in an attempt to chase all the sleep away from their eyes.
"Ready!" They blurted out before Dunefoot had even finished talking- which Sandstream was quiet for the rest of the explanation, in an attempt to avoid her famous temper. They only moved to give Beandrop a reassuring grin- she was a hunter, so of course she wouldn't be used to something like this. They'd make it through, though, all of them.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10