Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dustclan | RP Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pinging: @Malignantt and @Shaunti

(Lol I kinda feel sorry for Cactuspaw, like he got stuck with the 'Genius' Hunter who is super insensitive but is trying not to be. Along with being the exact opposite persona wise)

Robinheart's ears twitched slightly, and let the cat fall onto her flank, before she called out to her apprentice "Such a loud hunter. That can't be MY apprentice...can it?" she was goading the young cat, pressing on his pride. "Again." Robinheart used these events to work on his field persona. Cactuspaw was a lively cat, which was good outside of field work. The world fell silent again, and Robinheart waited for her apprentice to strike again. She distracted herself for a bit by thinking. {Cactuspaw is probably going to do the same thing again, let us hope he does not throw up sand again.}

(Lol I kinda feel sorry for Cactuspaw, like he got stuck with the 'Genius' Hunter who is super insensitive but is trying not to be. Along with being the exact opposite persona wise)

Robinheart's ears twitched slightly, and let the cat fall onto her flank, before she called out to her apprentice "Such a loud hunter. That can't be MY apprentice...can it?" she was goading the young cat, pressing on his pride. "Again." Robinheart used these events to work on his field persona. Cactuspaw was a lively cat, which was good outside of field work. The world fell silent again, and Robinheart waited for her apprentice to strike again. She distracted herself for a bit by thinking. {Cactuspaw is probably going to do the same thing again, let us hope he does not throw up sand again.}
Cactuspaw gritted his teeth as he fell on the parched earth, dust settling into his fur, leaving him rather itchy and even more brown than usual.
"Your apprentice isn't a loud hunter when he puts his mind to it." He muttered, backing away to his starting place. The cat crouched low, trying to remember everything Robinheart had taught him about stalking. Keep his ears and fur flat to disguise his shape. Step lightly so the ground didn't shake. Quiet everything, and listen to the heartbeat of prey. And... oh, right! Tail not too high, so it doesn't stick up, but not too low, so it doesn't drag. It was agonizingly slow to keep so quiet while stalking, but he was determined to impress the two warriors. He pounced again, veering a little to the left accidentally, but much more quiet.

(That was my intention! :D Hopefully it teaches Cactuspaw some seriousness and provides Robinheart a challenge.)
Cactuspaw gritted his teeth as he fell on the parched earth, dust settling into his fur, leaving him rather itchy and even more brown than usual.
"Your apprentice isn't a loud hunter when he puts his mind to it." He muttered, backing away to his starting place. The cat crouched low, trying to remember everything Robinheart had taught him about stalking. Keep his ears and fur flat to disguise his shape. Step lightly so the ground didn't shake. Quiet everything, and listen to the heartbeat of prey. And... oh, right! Tail not too high, so it doesn't stick up, but not too low, so it doesn't drag. It was agonizingly slow to keep so quiet while stalking, but he was determined to impress the two warriors. He pounced again, veering a little to the left accidentally, but much more quiet.

(That was my intention! :D Hopefully it teaches Cactuspaw some seriousness and provides Robinheart a challenge.)
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
ds6mpZn.gif....FR time + 1
ds6mpZn.gif....hauntings#0781
ds6mpZn.gif....interesting things here

(To be honest though I am already liking their dynamic. I think its going to boil down to absolute Snark and Sass during training.)

Robinheart let out a snort, "Tsk, tsk such a volatile little apprentice." she teased. Luckily she didn't hear anything, she flicked her tail approvingly. Robinheart sensed a wind change on the left and her closed eyes flinched. Her left ear rotating towards the wind to hear anything. Feeling bored with her current position, she flicked her tail impatiently. {Good, He's learning.} Feeling an odd sense of pride in that fact. Robinheart learned early on that with Cactuspaw, you could NOT reward him easily or say he did well. He needed his ego to be put down before he learned anything.

It was then she felt the paws of her apprentice press into her flank. She opened her eyes, blinking slightly to adjust to the light before she looked at her little dust covered tom. "Now that was good. One more run through to make sure that wasn't just luck." The apprentice groaned as Robinheart returned to her position. The tom tried again, and pounced perfectly on her midsection. "Good." She purred approvingly. Glancing up to the sun, She saw it was getting close to dinner. "Lets return to the clan now. Stormtail. Cactuspaw."

(To be honest though I am already liking their dynamic. I think its going to boil down to absolute Snark and Sass during training.)

Robinheart let out a snort, "Tsk, tsk such a volatile little apprentice." she teased. Luckily she didn't hear anything, she flicked her tail approvingly. Robinheart sensed a wind change on the left and her closed eyes flinched. Her left ear rotating towards the wind to hear anything. Feeling bored with her current position, she flicked her tail impatiently. {Good, He's learning.} Feeling an odd sense of pride in that fact. Robinheart learned early on that with Cactuspaw, you could NOT reward him easily or say he did well. He needed his ego to be put down before he learned anything.

It was then she felt the paws of her apprentice press into her flank. She opened her eyes, blinking slightly to adjust to the light before she looked at her little dust covered tom. "Now that was good. One more run through to make sure that wasn't just luck." The apprentice groaned as Robinheart returned to her position. The tom tried again, and pounced perfectly on her midsection. "Good." She purred approvingly. Glancing up to the sun, She saw it was getting close to dinner. "Lets return to the clan now. Stormtail. Cactuspaw."

@Malignantt

Stormtail flicked his tail, nodding and padding back to camp alongside Robinheart and her apprentice. The day was starting to end, and with it came the chill that fell upon Dustclan's desert at night. He blinked as they entered camp, looking for his sister. "That was good training, you two. Thank you for letting me join." The senior warrior padded off to go eat the final cactus fruit he'd saved.

Dunefoot lingered in the clearing of the cliff. She lay, a rare moment of relaxation for souch a tense warrior. Surely Sleekfoot would have something to say regarding the deputy...? But of course, nothing could be decided without the assistance of the medicine cat.... and, oh, she didn't even think of that. Poor Acornpaw. He had no mentor.

(Do you think we should PM/ping the person who reserved med. cat?)
@Malignantt

Stormtail flicked his tail, nodding and padding back to camp alongside Robinheart and her apprentice. The day was starting to end, and with it came the chill that fell upon Dustclan's desert at night. He blinked as they entered camp, looking for his sister. "That was good training, you two. Thank you for letting me join." The senior warrior padded off to go eat the final cactus fruit he'd saved.

Dunefoot lingered in the clearing of the cliff. She lay, a rare moment of relaxation for souch a tense warrior. Surely Sleekfoot would have something to say regarding the deputy...? But of course, nothing could be decided without the assistance of the medicine cat.... and, oh, she didn't even think of that. Poor Acornpaw. He had no mentor.

(Do you think we should PM/ping the person who reserved med. cat?)
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
Pinging @Malignantt @shaunti

"No problem Stormtail. Thank you for coming." She said as the tom left. Looking to her apprentice she chucked and said "Go take a break, you look like you need it." She teased as she licked the forehead of her apprentice affectionately. The rust colored cat sighed {now to find sleekfoot and ask for hunting parties for tomorrow} Robinheart huffed again, and began her search for their leader.

(We also might want to ping TimeOblivion)
Pinging @Malignantt @shaunti

"No problem Stormtail. Thank you for coming." She said as the tom left. Looking to her apprentice she chucked and said "Go take a break, you look like you need it." She teased as she licked the forehead of her apprentice affectionately. The rust colored cat sighed {now to find sleekfoot and ask for hunting parties for tomorrow} Robinheart huffed again, and began her search for their leader.

(We also might want to ping TimeOblivion)
@NickelDragons @Shaunti @TimeOblivion

Cactuspaw, though fairly worn-out, couldn't help perking up his ears at the rare compliment from his mentor. "Thanks, Robinheart! And you too, Stormtail!" He bolted out of the clearing ahead of the two warriors like the ground beneath his paws was on fire, flinging sand into the faces of the two cats behind him for the second time that day. But the overly energetic apprentice didn't notice, instead enjoying the cool breeze that ruffled his fur, a sure sign that nightfall was coming. The other apprentices would be so jealous he got two mentors today!

(Yeah, Cactuspaw can get pretty mouthy. Looking forward to the sass of Robinheart- he is not ready.)
(I sent a PM to the person that reserved Med. Cat a few hours ago, and they didn't respond. If they don't by the end of tonight, I'll take out the reservation. I'll put a ping here for TimeOblivion too, because why not, if they didn't get the alert.)
@NickelDragons @Shaunti @TimeOblivion

Cactuspaw, though fairly worn-out, couldn't help perking up his ears at the rare compliment from his mentor. "Thanks, Robinheart! And you too, Stormtail!" He bolted out of the clearing ahead of the two warriors like the ground beneath his paws was on fire, flinging sand into the faces of the two cats behind him for the second time that day. But the overly energetic apprentice didn't notice, instead enjoying the cool breeze that ruffled his fur, a sure sign that nightfall was coming. The other apprentices would be so jealous he got two mentors today!

(Yeah, Cactuspaw can get pretty mouthy. Looking forward to the sass of Robinheart- he is not ready.)
(I sent a PM to the person that reserved Med. Cat a few hours ago, and they didn't respond. If they don't by the end of tonight, I'll take out the reservation. I'll put a ping here for TimeOblivion too, because why not, if they didn't get the alert.)
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Pinging: @Malignantt
Riverpaw woke up from her nap. She got up amd stretched herself out with a small yawn escaping her. Instead of looking around the den, the apprentice just left. The hot desert sun was giving way to a cold desert night. The sudden shift of sand caught the apprentices attention and she looked up. Cactuspaw seemed to be excited about something today? "Hey there!" Riverpaw said cheerfully trying to start a conversation with the energetic tom.
Pinging: @Malignantt
Riverpaw woke up from her nap. She got up amd stretched herself out with a small yawn escaping her. Instead of looking around the den, the apprentice just left. The hot desert sun was giving way to a cold desert night. The sudden shift of sand caught the apprentices attention and she looked up. Cactuspaw seemed to be excited about something today? "Hey there!" Riverpaw said cheerfully trying to start a conversation with the energetic tom.
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw turned sharply to the side to face the gray she-cat! "Hey there! Did you just wake up? The Dusk Patrol left, so you can't have gone on that..."
For a moment, he was quiet, contemplating the endless reasons that the she-cat could have been up so late- all of which were more ridiculous and farfetched then the idea that she has just taken a nap.
Eh. He could ask her later!
"What did Dunefoot teach you today? I don't know much about what guards learn, but my day was awesome! We had another warrior come with me and Robinheart, and I practiced how to stalk super quietly! When I'm a hunter, the prey will never see me coming!"

(Grammatical errors are intentional. :p)
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw turned sharply to the side to face the gray she-cat! "Hey there! Did you just wake up? The Dusk Patrol left, so you can't have gone on that..."
For a moment, he was quiet, contemplating the endless reasons that the she-cat could have been up so late- all of which were more ridiculous and farfetched then the idea that she has just taken a nap.
Eh. He could ask her later!
"What did Dunefoot teach you today? I don't know much about what guards learn, but my day was awesome! We had another warrior come with me and Robinheart, and I practiced how to stalk super quietly! When I'm a hunter, the prey will never see me coming!"

(Grammatical errors are intentional. :p)
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Pinging @Malignantt
Riverpaw smiled sheepishly "Well earlier today Dunefoot had me practicing combat rolls and skills to use while fighting a predator." The bluegrey cat then smiled "Wow sis let another cat go with you guys? Lucky." Her new found energy taking hold she looked up with an excited glint in her eye. "Race me to the fresh kill site?
I bet I can beatcha there." Riverpaw said sticking her tongue out. Riverpaw liked to be around Cactuspaw, considering the other apprentices hardly ever talked to either of them. Acornpaw was trying to keep up with the medicine cat leaving witch sucked, and kawapaw...He didnt talk to them much but Riverpaw could understand why.
Pinging @Malignantt
Riverpaw smiled sheepishly "Well earlier today Dunefoot had me practicing combat rolls and skills to use while fighting a predator." The bluegrey cat then smiled "Wow sis let another cat go with you guys? Lucky." Her new found energy taking hold she looked up with an excited glint in her eye. "Race me to the fresh kill site?
I bet I can beatcha there." Riverpaw said sticking her tongue out. Riverpaw liked to be around Cactuspaw, considering the other apprentices hardly ever talked to either of them. Acornpaw was trying to keep up with the medicine cat leaving witch sucked, and kawapaw...He didnt talk to them much but Riverpaw could understand why.
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw nodded. "I know, awesome, right! I learned a bunch from both of them. But Dustfoot is really strong, too! I'm sure every fox around is running back to their burrows with the guards we have!"
Riverpaw was probably the most friendly of the apprentices, since she seemed to talk to him more than any of the others did. Especially some of the older cats. They'd usually just sigh or look away, like he had whitecough or something. Rabbit-brains.
But then again, a lot of the apprentices didn't belong. Riverpaw stood out with her odd coloring, Acornpaw wasn't even training to hunt or fight, and who even knew where Kawapaw came from. Maybe that's why they were...
"...bet I can beatcha there!"
The apprentice snapped back to attention, embarrassed at how he had zoned out.
"Yeah! Let's race! Count of three?" he suggested, dropping a little lower in preparation to sprint.
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw nodded. "I know, awesome, right! I learned a bunch from both of them. But Dustfoot is really strong, too! I'm sure every fox around is running back to their burrows with the guards we have!"
Riverpaw was probably the most friendly of the apprentices, since she seemed to talk to him more than any of the others did. Especially some of the older cats. They'd usually just sigh or look away, like he had whitecough or something. Rabbit-brains.
But then again, a lot of the apprentices didn't belong. Riverpaw stood out with her odd coloring, Acornpaw wasn't even training to hunt or fight, and who even knew where Kawapaw came from. Maybe that's why they were...
"...bet I can beatcha there!"
The apprentice snapped back to attention, embarrassed at how he had zoned out.
"Yeah! Let's race! Count of three?" he suggested, dropping a little lower in preparation to sprint.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10