Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dustclan | RP Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pinging: @Shaunti @Malignantt
RobinHeart chuckled slightly at her apprentice. "I was just going to wake you, we have a big day today. You need your sleep." She gave a onceover to the apprentice "Come lets get you something to eat. It wpuld not do good to be fatigued during lessons." Robinheart turned towards the fresh-kill pile, and motioned for Cactuspaw to follow.

It took a few minutes to return to the eating place, and it looked to be well used. "Grab something to eat." She said lightly before glancing around. {A deputy needs to be chosen. I wonder who would be able to keep up with Sleekfoot's precision} Robinheart hesd little desire to be a deputy, liking her life as a hunter just fine. A small thud pulled her out of her thoughts. Cactuspaw had picked a fish and begun eating.

Riverpaw was happy with her praise, smiling brightly. She had been practicing by herself lately, and hopefully Dunefoot didnt know. Keeping pur Dunefoot's order the apprentice kept close to her mentor, a small way of defense. "Um Dunefoot? Will we be having a lesson tomorrow or will I be on chore duty?" She asked just trying to pass the time. Her mentor responding cryptically with "We will see." Causing a pout to occur. "You know ever since that old deputy died we have no rotations. Its kinda weird dontcha think?"
Pinging: @Shaunti @Malignantt
RobinHeart chuckled slightly at her apprentice. "I was just going to wake you, we have a big day today. You need your sleep." She gave a onceover to the apprentice "Come lets get you something to eat. It wpuld not do good to be fatigued during lessons." Robinheart turned towards the fresh-kill pile, and motioned for Cactuspaw to follow.

It took a few minutes to return to the eating place, and it looked to be well used. "Grab something to eat." She said lightly before glancing around. {A deputy needs to be chosen. I wonder who would be able to keep up with Sleekfoot's precision} Robinheart hesd little desire to be a deputy, liking her life as a hunter just fine. A small thud pulled her out of her thoughts. Cactuspaw had picked a fish and begun eating.

Riverpaw was happy with her praise, smiling brightly. She had been practicing by herself lately, and hopefully Dunefoot didnt know. Keeping pur Dunefoot's order the apprentice kept close to her mentor, a small way of defense. "Um Dunefoot? Will we be having a lesson tomorrow or will I be on chore duty?" She asked just trying to pass the time. Her mentor responding cryptically with "We will see." Causing a pout to occur. "You know ever since that old deputy died we have no rotations. Its kinda weird dontcha think?"
@NickelDragons @Malignantt

"It is strange." Dunefoot mewed quietly, her soft tail flicking and touching her apprentice's back. "I've been worrying about that. Our medicine cat has been missing, so there's no way for us to pick a new deputy... I hope they come back soon." She motioned for Riverpaw to follow her inside. "Hopefully things will return to normal soon. I should probably go report to Sleekfoot." She licked the top of Riverpaw's head once. "Go rest. You worked very hard today."

Dunefoot padded to Sleekfoot, dipping her head in greeting. "The prey seems to be running well. I trust you heard about the coyotes from Sandstream?"
@NickelDragons @Malignantt

"It is strange." Dunefoot mewed quietly, her soft tail flicking and touching her apprentice's back. "I've been worrying about that. Our medicine cat has been missing, so there's no way for us to pick a new deputy... I hope they come back soon." She motioned for Riverpaw to follow her inside. "Hopefully things will return to normal soon. I should probably go report to Sleekfoot." She licked the top of Riverpaw's head once. "Go rest. You worked very hard today."

Dunefoot padded to Sleekfoot, dipping her head in greeting. "The prey seems to be running well. I trust you heard about the coyotes from Sandstream?"
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
@shaunti @NickelDragons

Sleekfoot dipped her head to the senior warrior politely. "Yes. Do you believe they might still be on our territory? Prey might be plentiful, but that doesn't mean it's fine for them to act like they own the place." It was good, at least, that nobody seemed to be injured. They had few fighting cats after the harsh leaf-bare, and with the medicine cat who-knows where (The thought of it still irritated her. What sort of clan member disappeared so suddenly? There would be repercussions.), they couldn't afford any major injuries.

Cactuspaw nodded enthusiastically, wolfing down the fish in a few short bites. He was lucky to have Robinheart as his mentor. She was so cool, and smart, and an awesome hunter. Apparently, she'd even taken on eagles as an apprentice!
Once finished, he looked up at the tiger-striped she-cat, tail flicking in anticipation, though he was trying to keep the rest of his body still and his face calm, like a real hunter.
"What are we gonna be learning about today?" he chirped, unable to keep from grinning. "Stalking rabbits? Catching lizards?"

(Might be on and off, sorry, I've been in class.)

@shaunti @NickelDragons

Sleekfoot dipped her head to the senior warrior politely. "Yes. Do you believe they might still be on our territory? Prey might be plentiful, but that doesn't mean it's fine for them to act like they own the place." It was good, at least, that nobody seemed to be injured. They had few fighting cats after the harsh leaf-bare, and with the medicine cat who-knows where (The thought of it still irritated her. What sort of clan member disappeared so suddenly? There would be repercussions.), they couldn't afford any major injuries.

Cactuspaw nodded enthusiastically, wolfing down the fish in a few short bites. He was lucky to have Robinheart as his mentor. She was so cool, and smart, and an awesome hunter. Apparently, she'd even taken on eagles as an apprentice!
Once finished, he looked up at the tiger-striped she-cat, tail flicking in anticipation, though he was trying to keep the rest of his body still and his face calm, like a real hunter.
"What are we gonna be learning about today?" he chirped, unable to keep from grinning. "Stalking rabbits? Catching lizards?"

(Might be on and off, sorry, I've been in class.)

GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
ds6mpZn.gif....FR time + 1
ds6mpZn.gif....hauntings#0781
ds6mpZn.gif....interesting things here
@Malignantt @NickelDragons

"I chased them to the border. The one I got should be blinded, at least for a bit. I don't think they'll want to come anywhere near our scent for a while now." Dunefoot sat, her tail curling around her feet. Her whiskers twitched, and she glanced to the side at Cactuspaw and his mentor. She turned back to Sleekfoot, nodding. "Do you have any specific orders for the border protection? I've been smothering all the snake dens I can find, as per your request. We shouldn't have any snake bites, at least usually, and once our healer is back, we should struggle less with them." The tan she-cat purred slightly. "I'm sure it's working well. I wasn't worried taking Riverpaw to the training hollow. Speaking of..." Dunefoot's voice lowered slightly. "She's an excellent fighter. I have very high hopes for her. She showed true promise today. There was more force behind her attacks than I expected, for such a young cat. She quickly picked up everything I taught her. I just thought I should let you know how well she's doing."

Stormtail, who had been lurking in the relative shade of the cliff, had crept over to where Robinheart and her apprentice were, hesitantly interrupting, "Um, I'm very sorry to bother you, but if you're going out training.... would you like me to help?"

"I chased them to the border. The one I got should be blinded, at least for a bit. I don't think they'll want to come anywhere near our scent for a while now." Dunefoot sat, her tail curling around her feet. Her whiskers twitched, and she glanced to the side at Cactuspaw and his mentor. She turned back to Sleekfoot, nodding. "Do you have any specific orders for the border protection? I've been smothering all the snake dens I can find, as per your request. We shouldn't have any snake bites, at least usually, and once our healer is back, we should struggle less with them." The tan she-cat purred slightly. "I'm sure it's working well. I wasn't worried taking Riverpaw to the training hollow. Speaking of..." Dunefoot's voice lowered slightly. "She's an excellent fighter. I have very high hopes for her. She showed true promise today. There was more force behind her attacks than I expected, for such a young cat. She quickly picked up everything I taught her. I just thought I should let you know how well she's doing."

Stormtail, who had been lurking in the relative shade of the cliff, had crept over to where Robinheart and her apprentice were, hesitantly interrupting, "Um, I'm very sorry to bother you, but if you're going out training.... would you like me to help?"
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
Pinging: @Malignantt @shaunti

(I can edit this later if you want me to change something.)

Robinheart chuckled at the excited nature of her apprentice. "Lets warm up first. I taught you better than to jump straight into a hunt." Getting up from sitting, she looked to stormtail and nodded approvingly. She wrangled the apprentice around, heading for a far enough spot that was safe. "We cannot do much stalking since our medicine cat is not present. I do not wish to get my apprentice hurt." Robinheart brought her nose to the air, smelling around for anything good. Quietly as to not scare any prey away she whispered to Cactuspaw "What do you scent here." pausing "Remember what I taught you. Ignore the spicier scent of the predators. Ignore the familiar scent of cats. Isolate and use what you have to find the prey."

Robinheart reflected on what her apprentice learned so far. The tom even through his energy,
had a odd source of determination. He worked hard to become a good hunter, to gain the skills that Robinheart taught him. She believed that in time, he would become a well-versed hunter. Her teaching was revolved around becoming a prediciting hunter, what would happen if you took an action. Along with teaching the tom defense, how to scare off weak-willed predators and how to get away.

The determination and focus was most likely due to the death of his family. Robinheart knew Cactuspaw's father seeing as he was a friend of a her father. Ambereyes was a strong guard, He was a lithe yet brutally strong cat, as well as a strong fighter. In a way, Robinheart saw much of herself in her apprentice. She pressed the younger cat by pressing his energy and the length of his focus.
Looking to Stormtail, she smiled and whispered "Be sure to add anything I miss or want to teach him."

Riverpaw yawned and muttered "Thank you for the lesson" to her mentor before the senior warrior caught up to their leader.. Brushing against her sister and giving a hello to Cactuspaw as they passed, she trotted off to the den. Finding her bed, she knead the bed and curled up on her bed.

(Fixed the Father's name)

(I can edit this later if you want me to change something.)

Robinheart chuckled at the excited nature of her apprentice. "Lets warm up first. I taught you better than to jump straight into a hunt." Getting up from sitting, she looked to stormtail and nodded approvingly. She wrangled the apprentice around, heading for a far enough spot that was safe. "We cannot do much stalking since our medicine cat is not present. I do not wish to get my apprentice hurt." Robinheart brought her nose to the air, smelling around for anything good. Quietly as to not scare any prey away she whispered to Cactuspaw "What do you scent here." pausing "Remember what I taught you. Ignore the spicier scent of the predators. Ignore the familiar scent of cats. Isolate and use what you have to find the prey."

Robinheart reflected on what her apprentice learned so far. The tom even through his energy,
had a odd source of determination. He worked hard to become a good hunter, to gain the skills that Robinheart taught him. She believed that in time, he would become a well-versed hunter. Her teaching was revolved around becoming a prediciting hunter, what would happen if you took an action. Along with teaching the tom defense, how to scare off weak-willed predators and how to get away.

The determination and focus was most likely due to the death of his family. Robinheart knew Cactuspaw's father seeing as he was a friend of a her father. Ambereyes was a strong guard, He was a lithe yet brutally strong cat, as well as a strong fighter. In a way, Robinheart saw much of herself in her apprentice. She pressed the younger cat by pressing his energy and the length of his focus.
Looking to Stormtail, she smiled and whispered "Be sure to add anything I miss or want to teach him."

Riverpaw yawned and muttered "Thank you for the lesson" to her mentor before the senior warrior caught up to their leader.. Brushing against her sister and giving a hello to Cactuspaw as they passed, she trotted off to the den. Finding her bed, she knead the bed and curled up on her bed.

(Fixed the Father's name)
@NickelDragons @shaunti

Sleekfoot nodded slightly, a rare purr audible before it was quickly stifled. The clan was doing well, seemingly.
"You've followed everything I instructed, good job. Besides keeping an eye out for those Coyotes at any creeks, I don't have any more specific orders. But keep in mind that they might stray to the oasis. There'll be precious little water until the rainy- season of greenleaf, and desperation is a good driving force."
She continued to listen, satisfied with the progression of Riverpaw. Even back when the apprentice was taken in by Eaglerun, Sleekfoot had been wary- rouges rarely meant any good, but she knew only the clan, and seemed to be shaping up to be a loyal and strong guard.
Unlike that apprentice, who was taken in much later. She wouldn't have taken in that upstart white kit, but the old leader was too soft.
"I'm glad to hear it. It's unfortunate we don't have any guard apprentices for her to train against..." she paused for a second, thinking,
"Why don't you head out on dawn patrol tomorrow with Riverpaw and Pumpkinroot? Getting experience from another guard with a different set of skills should be useful."

(I might have to go for a bit. Is Stormtail coming to the hunt? And did I accidentally give Cactuspaw's father the same name as an actual cat? I'll go and change it, my bad!)
@NickelDragons @shaunti

Sleekfoot nodded slightly, a rare purr audible before it was quickly stifled. The clan was doing well, seemingly.
"You've followed everything I instructed, good job. Besides keeping an eye out for those Coyotes at any creeks, I don't have any more specific orders. But keep in mind that they might stray to the oasis. There'll be precious little water until the rainy- season of greenleaf, and desperation is a good driving force."
She continued to listen, satisfied with the progression of Riverpaw. Even back when the apprentice was taken in by Eaglerun, Sleekfoot had been wary- rouges rarely meant any good, but she knew only the clan, and seemed to be shaping up to be a loyal and strong guard.
Unlike that apprentice, who was taken in much later. She wouldn't have taken in that upstart white kit, but the old leader was too soft.
"I'm glad to hear it. It's unfortunate we don't have any guard apprentices for her to train against..." she paused for a second, thinking,
"Why don't you head out on dawn patrol tomorrow with Riverpaw and Pumpkinroot? Getting experience from another guard with a different set of skills should be useful."

(I might have to go for a bit. Is Stormtail coming to the hunt? And did I accidentally give Cactuspaw's father the same name as an actual cat? I'll go and change it, my bad!)
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
@NickelDragons @shaunti

Trying to give Stormtail a reassuring glance, Cactuspaw dropped into a hunting crouch, chin nearly touching the ground and tail sticking out like a twig. The buzz of a fly sounded in his ear, and he could barely resist the urge to bat it away. Fierce hunters didn't chase flies, they stayed still and patient(even when their paws itched to run).
He took a deep breath, scenting the air.
"Coyote! But it's faint and old. They must have been the ones Dustfoot chased off." he said in a rather loud whisper.
He turned left and right, trying to remember the motions he'd been taught. "Lizard... but it's not fresh. Could have come this morning to bask? And then... rabbit. Pretty new scent, heading...that way?" He swung his head to the left, looking at his mentor for approval.
@NickelDragons @shaunti

Trying to give Stormtail a reassuring glance, Cactuspaw dropped into a hunting crouch, chin nearly touching the ground and tail sticking out like a twig. The buzz of a fly sounded in his ear, and he could barely resist the urge to bat it away. Fierce hunters didn't chase flies, they stayed still and patient(even when their paws itched to run).
He took a deep breath, scenting the air.
"Coyote! But it's faint and old. They must have been the ones Dustfoot chased off." he said in a rather loud whisper.
He turned left and right, trying to remember the motions he'd been taught. "Lizard... but it's not fresh. Could have come this morning to bask? And then... rabbit. Pretty new scent, heading...that way?" He swung his head to the left, looking at his mentor for approval.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
Nodding slightly she laid out her observations. "I did say no predators, but good job on scenting that coyote, your assumption is most likely correct." Taking another sniff, appearing extremely relaxed while doing so. '"Old Scents: Lizard and" pausing to click her tongue "Gopher, fairly old likely coming up to gather food." pausing to see her apprentice's gaze she brought her paw up and brushed his leg "But you got the rabbit correct, and the direction." She smiled and looked to the older tom "Anything I missed."

The older cat shook his head confirming Robinheart "You forgot shrew". Chuckling, the she glanced to her apprentice, she paused to think on another lesson. "Lets work on your footwork. Stormtail, if you don't mind watching to make sure our apprentice does not get hurt we can work on this here. " Walking to the center of the small clearing, she placed herself down. "Try sneaking up on me. Use the fleet foot technique I taught you." She closed her eyes preparing for his attempt.

(Lol should we do a team edit.)
Nodding slightly she laid out her observations. "I did say no predators, but good job on scenting that coyote, your assumption is most likely correct." Taking another sniff, appearing extremely relaxed while doing so. '"Old Scents: Lizard and" pausing to click her tongue "Gopher, fairly old likely coming up to gather food." pausing to see her apprentice's gaze she brought her paw up and brushed his leg "But you got the rabbit correct, and the direction." She smiled and looked to the older tom "Anything I missed."

The older cat shook his head confirming Robinheart "You forgot shrew". Chuckling, the she glanced to her apprentice, she paused to think on another lesson. "Lets work on your footwork. Stormtail, if you don't mind watching to make sure our apprentice does not get hurt we can work on this here. " Walking to the center of the small clearing, she placed herself down. "Try sneaking up on me. Use the fleet foot technique I taught you." She closed her eyes preparing for his attempt.

(Lol should we do a team edit.)

"That sounds like a great idea. Thank you, Sleekfoot. I'll make sure she's up early so we can go on that patrol." Dunefoot dipped her head, going to tell her apprentice the news.

Stormtail, off to the side, nodded- though it was almost impossible to notice, what with how small it was. He opened his mouth to smell- the harsh but old musk of coyotes, like Cactuspaw said- along with the faint scent of lizards- maybe two or three. He wasn't sure. But over everything else was the unmistakable scent of rabbit. Barely detectable was the old scent of shrew, perhaps a day or even two old, along with something only he would notice- the sweet scent of cactus flowers- which meant cactus fruit. It wasn't uncommon for Stormtail to return to camp with cactus needles stuck in his paws- but he rarely noticed, the soft sand under his feet eased to pain of walking. Something about the cactus fruit made the tabby go mad. He just couldn't wait to go back to camp and eat that final cactus fruit he--

Stormtail snapped himself back to attention. Oops. Let's focus on training. He moved to Cactuspaw's side and, using his paw, gently pushed Cactuspaw's tail down to be level with his body. "Make sure you keep your tail down. You don't want your prey noticing they're being chased by a tail." He managed a little laugh, stepping back and letting Robinheart take over again.

"That sounds like a great idea. Thank you, Sleekfoot. I'll make sure she's up early so we can go on that patrol." Dunefoot dipped her head, going to tell her apprentice the news.

Stormtail, off to the side, nodded- though it was almost impossible to notice, what with how small it was. He opened his mouth to smell- the harsh but old musk of coyotes, like Cactuspaw said- along with the faint scent of lizards- maybe two or three. He wasn't sure. But over everything else was the unmistakable scent of rabbit. Barely detectable was the old scent of shrew, perhaps a day or even two old, along with something only he would notice- the sweet scent of cactus flowers- which meant cactus fruit. It wasn't uncommon for Stormtail to return to camp with cactus needles stuck in his paws- but he rarely noticed, the soft sand under his feet eased to pain of walking. Something about the cactus fruit made the tabby go mad. He just couldn't wait to go back to camp and eat that final cactus fruit he--

Stormtail snapped himself back to attention. Oops. Let's focus on training. He moved to Cactuspaw's side and, using his paw, gently pushed Cactuspaw's tail down to be level with his body. "Make sure you keep your tail down. You don't want your prey noticing they're being chased by a tail." He managed a little laugh, stepping back and letting Robinheart take over again.
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
Cactuspaw's whiskers twitched visibly at Stormtail's comment, but his gaze was still focused on Robinheart, waiting for her input, only to slouch a bit at the gentle chiding of his mentor. "Sorry... I was just startled by it. Everyone's talking about Coyotes near the camp, and I was-" he quickly clamped his mouth shut (a miracle in itself) as his mentor continued instructing him.
"Okay! That's the one where you sneak up lightly so prey doesn't feel the vibrations of your paws, right? But, like, super quickly, so they don't know what's coming!"
He bent into a half-crouch, making sure to keep his tail level with his body this time, and flattening his ears against his head. The tom stepped lightly, but covered a fairly large amount of area with his stride, despite his small size and therefore, small legs. It was frustrating- Robinheart did it so much faster! He couldn't do that without being noisy. As the brown and black cat approached the back of his mentor, he sped up slightly, unwittingly kicking up sand, and reared up in a mock strike.

(Must be strange to train someone named after your favorite snack food.)
Cactuspaw's whiskers twitched visibly at Stormtail's comment, but his gaze was still focused on Robinheart, waiting for her input, only to slouch a bit at the gentle chiding of his mentor. "Sorry... I was just startled by it. Everyone's talking about Coyotes near the camp, and I was-" he quickly clamped his mouth shut (a miracle in itself) as his mentor continued instructing him.
"Okay! That's the one where you sneak up lightly so prey doesn't feel the vibrations of your paws, right? But, like, super quickly, so they don't know what's coming!"
He bent into a half-crouch, making sure to keep his tail level with his body this time, and flattening his ears against his head. The tom stepped lightly, but covered a fairly large amount of area with his stride, despite his small size and therefore, small legs. It was frustrating- Robinheart did it so much faster! He couldn't do that without being noisy. As the brown and black cat approached the back of his mentor, he sped up slightly, unwittingly kicking up sand, and reared up in a mock strike.

(Must be strange to train someone named after your favorite snack food.)
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10