Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP w/ Eaglerider
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27
"Not sure. I think it means that it uses whoever touched the object to... 'finish its business'? So I guess that could mean it uses the 'host' to avenge its death or, like you said, seek what it lost." Lune replied, eyes glued to the book. "Wait, there's a cure?" She perked up.
"Whatever it needs, I'll do it. What's the cure for an angry, strong spirit?" Lune questioned determinedly.

In the middle of her sleep, Althea suddenly stood. Her eyes were filled with black as she started to advance upon Ranna. Once or twice, her legs trembled like she was trying to stop herself.
"Not sure. I think it means that it uses whoever touched the object to... 'finish its business'? So I guess that could mean it uses the 'host' to avenge its death or, like you said, seek what it lost." Lune replied, eyes glued to the book. "Wait, there's a cure?" She perked up.
"Whatever it needs, I'll do it. What's the cure for an angry, strong spirit?" Lune questioned determinedly.

In the middle of her sleep, Althea suddenly stood. Her eyes were filled with black as she started to advance upon Ranna. Once or twice, her legs trembled like she was trying to stop herself.
ytkEBod.png
eIK5iG7.png
PRICTGJ.png
RDt6LqI.png
tp1eAiM.png KjADBgr.png Mbe1yYW.png JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
BjMvLeY.png
awUnQ0L.png
"But what business could your spirit possibly have? Thst is something we need to know. Especially if it's vengeance is pointless. That cape was ancient. Not a recent find. Least that's my opinion. Well... we need to know why it's here in the first place. Then I can get calemvir to look for ingredients to create a potion. It takes time though and is never easy...." He admits. "I've never done something like this nor has he."

Ranna didn't notice Althea was awake or sort of awake until she turned to face her. "Ah quick nap there. Are you well rested?" She didn't notice the change in eye color behind Althea's mask. "Need something? Water? Food? "
"But what business could your spirit possibly have? Thst is something we need to know. Especially if it's vengeance is pointless. That cape was ancient. Not a recent find. Least that's my opinion. Well... we need to know why it's here in the first place. Then I can get calemvir to look for ingredients to create a potion. It takes time though and is never easy...." He admits. "I've never done something like this nor has he."

Ranna didn't notice Althea was awake or sort of awake until she turned to face her. "Ah quick nap there. Are you well rested?" She didn't notice the change in eye color behind Althea's mask. "Need something? Water? Food? "
"That's okay, neither have I..." Lune sounded uncertain. "Well, what if we capture Althea when she's... possessed? Maybe we could try and question the spirit, find out what it wants. If it is a spirit." Lune suggested.

'Althea' chuckled. Her voice sounded... different. Distorted. "You're not going to run?" Althea feigned mock-disappointment. She reached up and pulled off the mask, showing her completely black filled eyes. "You make this too easy." Althea said gleefully, and started to lunge towards Ranna, claws outstretched. Before she could reach the other Pearlcatcher, she seemed to stop and convulse for a second. Her eyes flickered between green and black. It seemed that the green won for a moment.
"Quick, run!" Althea managed to gasp out, sounding like herself. Right after she spoke, the black slipped back into her eyes. Althea growled. "Quit fighting, you'll only tire yourself." She snapped angrily, seeming to talk to herself.
Althea turned back to Ranna. "Now, where was I before I was so rudely interrupted?" She grinned like a shark.
"That's okay, neither have I..." Lune sounded uncertain. "Well, what if we capture Althea when she's... possessed? Maybe we could try and question the spirit, find out what it wants. If it is a spirit." Lune suggested.

'Althea' chuckled. Her voice sounded... different. Distorted. "You're not going to run?" Althea feigned mock-disappointment. She reached up and pulled off the mask, showing her completely black filled eyes. "You make this too easy." Althea said gleefully, and started to lunge towards Ranna, claws outstretched. Before she could reach the other Pearlcatcher, she seemed to stop and convulse for a second. Her eyes flickered between green and black. It seemed that the green won for a moment.
"Quick, run!" Althea managed to gasp out, sounding like herself. Right after she spoke, the black slipped back into her eyes. Althea growled. "Quit fighting, you'll only tire yourself." She snapped angrily, seeming to talk to herself.
Althea turned back to Ranna. "Now, where was I before I was so rudely interrupted?" She grinned like a shark.
ytkEBod.png
eIK5iG7.png
PRICTGJ.png
RDt6LqI.png
xjB7OSe.png
BjMvLeY.png
awUnQ0L.png
"It's possible. But it's also possible for the spirit to begin adapting. Such as learning use her body to achieve things. If not directly control her thoughts. For all we know the spirit may be able to influence another. Wouldn't surprise me if it could hypnotize a dragon of its choosing to obey it." He thinks for a moment and brings a larger book. "This details spirits. Granted you haven't seen it physically perhaps it may help."

Ranna didn't know how to react to the dragon with two personalities residing in her. "Uh... I don't know. I think you were telling me something but tried to lunge toward me instead. Is everything ok?" She pushed water forward gently. "Hear to clear your voice. You sound hoarse." She wondered if she should run and get help but she was also terrified if she were chased. "What's your name? Are you one that the imperial addressed as Althea?" Ranna looks very scared and almost frozen in fear. "Don't hurt me... please. Who are you? Why do you have two personalities?"

(Sorry fell asleep last night...)
"It's possible. But it's also possible for the spirit to begin adapting. Such as learning use her body to achieve things. If not directly control her thoughts. For all we know the spirit may be able to influence another. Wouldn't surprise me if it could hypnotize a dragon of its choosing to obey it." He thinks for a moment and brings a larger book. "This details spirits. Granted you haven't seen it physically perhaps it may help."

Ranna didn't know how to react to the dragon with two personalities residing in her. "Uh... I don't know. I think you were telling me something but tried to lunge toward me instead. Is everything ok?" She pushed water forward gently. "Hear to clear your voice. You sound hoarse." She wondered if she should run and get help but she was also terrified if she were chased. "What's your name? Are you one that the imperial addressed as Althea?" Ranna looks very scared and almost frozen in fear. "Don't hurt me... please. Who are you? Why do you have two personalities?"

(Sorry fell asleep last night...)
(I'm not really sure where this is going myself lol. Should I have Althea be hypnotized, or possessed? And what should I do about Ranna? I could make it so Althea tries to get her hypnotized too, either by transferring the robe or touch I guess..?)

Lune blinked curiously. "So the dragon would still be themselves, but they would be hypnotized not so things? Would they be aware of what they were doing?" She asked curiously as she takes the larger book and flips through the pages.

Althea paused. "Quite the curious one, aren't you?" she giggles again. "Well, I'm afraid I can't tell you. Not yet at least. This..." she looks down at herself and the robe. "Is a work in progress." She finished, looking smug.
"I don't necessarily want to hurt you." Althea sat back, fixing the other Pearlcatcher with an intense stare. "You just might need a little... reconditioning."
(I'm not really sure where this is going myself lol. Should I have Althea be hypnotized, or possessed? And what should I do about Ranna? I could make it so Althea tries to get her hypnotized too, either by transferring the robe or touch I guess..?)

Lune blinked curiously. "So the dragon would still be themselves, but they would be hypnotized not so things? Would they be aware of what they were doing?" She asked curiously as she takes the larger book and flips through the pages.

Althea paused. "Quite the curious one, aren't you?" she giggles again. "Well, I'm afraid I can't tell you. Not yet at least. This..." she looks down at herself and the robe. "Is a work in progress." She finished, looking smug.
"I don't necessarily want to hurt you." Althea sat back, fixing the other Pearlcatcher with an intense stare. "You just might need a little... reconditioning."
ytkEBod.png
eIK5iG7.png
PRICTGJ.png
RDt6LqI.png
xjB7OSe.png
BjMvLeY.png
awUnQ0L.png
(Sorry. Althea is possessed. Like so far she has her own consciousness and yhe spirits. What I tried to word in my previous post with Regulus and Lune was that he warned that some spirits can hypnotize other dragons as well as possess the dragon who wears the cursed clothing. Does that make sense? If not I'll try to explain it better. As for Ranna, you can decide how the ghost reconditions her)

"No... the dragon wearing the item would be possessed by the spirit that dwelled within the apparel. They wouldn't know what they were doing unless the original dragon or a bystander somehow interrupted the spirit in the middle of the act. It would essentially like the host was in a dream less sleep. Anything the ghost did wouldn't be remembered by the host, in this case Althea. What I meant was the ghost may change her apparel beside their own to further adapt it to it being controlled by the ghost. Poorly worded I know... I guess the best way to put it is that eventually the ghost may change Althea's sense if style..." He sits in front of her watching. "Do you believe this is what happened?"

Ranna looks frightened. Not having any experience with such events. "A work in progress? What do you mean?" She asks shaking slightly. "Reconditioning? What do you mean?" Her orange eyes expressing terror as she remains frozen by her fear her voice shaking. Hearing that the other pearlcatcher may harm her didn't help. Though she wondered if she could run faster than her.
(Sorry. Althea is possessed. Like so far she has her own consciousness and yhe spirits. What I tried to word in my previous post with Regulus and Lune was that he warned that some spirits can hypnotize other dragons as well as possess the dragon who wears the cursed clothing. Does that make sense? If not I'll try to explain it better. As for Ranna, you can decide how the ghost reconditions her)

"No... the dragon wearing the item would be possessed by the spirit that dwelled within the apparel. They wouldn't know what they were doing unless the original dragon or a bystander somehow interrupted the spirit in the middle of the act. It would essentially like the host was in a dream less sleep. Anything the ghost did wouldn't be remembered by the host, in this case Althea. What I meant was the ghost may change her apparel beside their own to further adapt it to it being controlled by the ghost. Poorly worded I know... I guess the best way to put it is that eventually the ghost may change Althea's sense if style..." He sits in front of her watching. "Do you believe this is what happened?"

Ranna looks frightened. Not having any experience with such events. "A work in progress? What do you mean?" She asks shaking slightly. "Reconditioning? What do you mean?" Her orange eyes expressing terror as she remains frozen by her fear her voice shaking. Hearing that the other pearlcatcher may harm her didn't help. Though she wondered if she could run faster than her.
(Oh, I see. Gotcha!)

Lune nodded. "I understand. It sounds like Althea's case, except she seems to remember bits and pieces of what happened. She was able to remember almost.... attacking someone. Maybe because it happened so quickly? Or maybe because I stopped her?" Lune speculated, really unsure.

"Oh, nothing you'll have to worry about for a while." Althea smiled. She stood and quickly wove her way behind Ranna, blocking the door as she circled Ranna like a predator. "As for reconditioning... your mind will be altered. You might not even remember this, so why am I tellijg you? Oh well." Althea chuckled again. She reached out with a claw, and touched it to Ranna's temple.
"There!" Althea sat back with satisfaction. "So... what's your name?"
(Oh, I see. Gotcha!)

Lune nodded. "I understand. It sounds like Althea's case, except she seems to remember bits and pieces of what happened. She was able to remember almost.... attacking someone. Maybe because it happened so quickly? Or maybe because I stopped her?" Lune speculated, really unsure.

"Oh, nothing you'll have to worry about for a while." Althea smiled. She stood and quickly wove her way behind Ranna, blocking the door as she circled Ranna like a predator. "As for reconditioning... your mind will be altered. You might not even remember this, so why am I tellijg you? Oh well." Althea chuckled again. She reached out with a claw, and touched it to Ranna's temple.
"There!" Althea sat back with satisfaction. "So... what's your name?"
ytkEBod.png
eIK5iG7.png
PRICTGJ.png
RDt6LqI.png
xjB7OSe.png
BjMvLeY.png
awUnQ0L.png
"Did you shout or get her attention?" Regulus asks. "If yes then you gave Althea herself awareness to combat the spirit. At least enough at that time. But the spirit will grow stronger with time. If it isn't strong already. As for the rest. Hopefully the book offers more answers." He says looking at her carefully. "Where did you find the Cape again?"

Ranna's eyes go blank as she stares at Althea. Althea's claw still on her temple. "My name is Ranna." She says simply. She couldn't even question or flee before Althea performed her actions despite wanting to flee as she cornered her.
"Did you shout or get her attention?" Regulus asks. "If yes then you gave Althea herself awareness to combat the spirit. At least enough at that time. But the spirit will grow stronger with time. If it isn't strong already. As for the rest. Hopefully the book offers more answers." He says looking at her carefully. "Where did you find the Cape again?"

Ranna's eyes go blank as she stares at Althea. Althea's claw still on her temple. "My name is Ranna." She says simply. She couldn't even question or flee before Althea performed her actions despite wanting to flee as she cornered her.
"Yes, I did... shout at Althea." She looked down as she read further. "We found the cape somewhere on the surface, not sure where. Oh, this book says that when the host is possessed, they can 'possess' or control others by touch?" Lune said curiously, looking up at Regulus for confirmation.

"This worked perfectly! So much better than the other times." Althea exclaimed triumphantly, then pondered for some time. "Hm... what should I say? Oh! Tell me the name of a random clanmate." Althea grinned again deviously.
"Yes, I did... shout at Althea." She looked down as she read further. "We found the cape somewhere on the surface, not sure where. Oh, this book says that when the host is possessed, they can 'possess' or control others by touch?" Lune said curiously, looking up at Regulus for confirmation.

"This worked perfectly! So much better than the other times." Althea exclaimed triumphantly, then pondered for some time. "Hm... what should I say? Oh! Tell me the name of a random clanmate." Althea grinned again deviously.
ytkEBod.png
eIK5iG7.png
PRICTGJ.png
RDt6LqI.png
xjB7OSe.png
BjMvLeY.png
awUnQ0L.png
"So your shout brought her back for a moment. And which territory?" He looks at her curious as she asks him another question. "They can. If a spirit decides working alone isn't enough they will seek certain dragons to control without others or that dragon knowing or remembering. Such a feat is difficult however."

Ranna looks at Althea. "Mercedes" Ranna says ignoring Althea's exclamation. Her mind now completely vulnerable and accessible.
"So your shout brought her back for a moment. And which territory?" He looks at her curious as she asks him another question. "They can. If a spirit decides working alone isn't enough they will seek certain dragons to control without others or that dragon knowing or remembering. Such a feat is difficult however."

Ranna looks at Althea. "Mercedes" Ranna says ignoring Althea's exclamation. Her mind now completely vulnerable and accessible.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27