Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tainted Strays [OOC]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Wolf's Rain takes me way back when I used to watch the show at like 2AM in the morning on Toonami or whatever cartoon nextwork block hosted it back then. I remember struggling to stay awake just for the show when being awake at that time was difficult (now I'm awake until 5AM when I don't have school). I just listened to Gravity it brought me chills.

I'm very interested in this.

Question: Do I have to fill in both the Canine and Human bio form if they're both the same character? Let's take for example that I want to be a Follower, do I fill in just the Canine form?
Wolf's Rain takes me way back when I used to watch the show at like 2AM in the morning on Toonami or whatever cartoon nextwork block hosted it back then. I remember struggling to stay awake just for the show when being awake at that time was difficult (now I'm awake until 5AM when I don't have school). I just listened to Gravity it brought me chills.

I'm very interested in this.

Question: Do I have to fill in both the Canine and Human bio form if they're both the same character? Let's take for example that I want to be a Follower, do I fill in just the Canine form?
sHuXwiz.png
@Farceur
Aw, niicceee~
Same though. All the tracks are so good, it's amazing <3

Great!

Nope! Canine bio is for dog characters, be them tainted or not, and the human bio is strictly for human characters. You put the dog's human form--if they have one--in the appearance section. Written or image, or both~
@Farceur
Aw, niicceee~
Same though. All the tracks are so good, it's amazing <3

Great!

Nope! Canine bio is for dog characters, be them tainted or not, and the human bio is strictly for human characters. You put the dog's human form--if they have one--in the appearance section. Written or image, or both~
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
Thank you for answering my questions. Let me know if I need to change anything in my bio. I got this topic starred so I'll read every new post even if I'm not pinged.

Canine

Name: Balla Deer
Role: The Follower
Breed: Newfoundland
Appearance:
Canine Form
(refer to breed image)
Human Form
A sluggish, slightly chubby man in his mid twenties. He has light tawng-colored skin, and black hair with stray hairs poking from out of his chin. His brown eyes are cradled by eye bags that curve away from his button nose. He wears a forest green, thin and loose zip-up hooded sweater zipped only up to his front hip pockets. Underneath that is a tight, currant red t shirt that has an asymmetric white inked designer logo of the moon peaking from underneath the sweater's flap. Below that is a pair of black cargo shorts with gold trimmings where the pockets line.
Personality: Balla is restless. He could never be at peace because there is always something on his mind that keeps him from sleeping well. Sometimes those precipitating thoughts are something big as regrets of the past or something as minuscule as saying the wrong words that don't reflect how he really feels. One of the things he hates the most is being contradicted when it comes to important things like his authority or pride. If contested enough, he would go off alone than deal with feeling oppressed.
Background: He has a background of art and performance. Using his magic, he was able to live inside an overpopulated city alongside humans, especially those who were the writers and musicians of our time. However, the crowd he was in was not the well-off kind. His peers were frequent addicts to booze, drugs, and carnal pleasure, living in cramp apartments that always smelled of factory exhaust. He got by with doing whatever art or theater commissions he could lay his hands on and also delivery work for the black market. He didn't ask questions when it came to being able to get enough money for rent. He stormed off from his home and peers after a big dispute about artistic values. It was inevitable with the learned hopelessness that corrupted his peer's mindsets with knowing that the world is no longer beautiful as it once was.
Extra: Balla cannot walk beside his friends. He must either be a step in front or a step behind. He hates greasy food and trains.
Thank you for answering my questions. Let me know if I need to change anything in my bio. I got this topic starred so I'll read every new post even if I'm not pinged.

Canine

Name: Balla Deer
Role: The Follower
Breed: Newfoundland
Appearance:
Canine Form
(refer to breed image)
Human Form
A sluggish, slightly chubby man in his mid twenties. He has light tawng-colored skin, and black hair with stray hairs poking from out of his chin. His brown eyes are cradled by eye bags that curve away from his button nose. He wears a forest green, thin and loose zip-up hooded sweater zipped only up to his front hip pockets. Underneath that is a tight, currant red t shirt that has an asymmetric white inked designer logo of the moon peaking from underneath the sweater's flap. Below that is a pair of black cargo shorts with gold trimmings where the pockets line.
Personality: Balla is restless. He could never be at peace because there is always something on his mind that keeps him from sleeping well. Sometimes those precipitating thoughts are something big as regrets of the past or something as minuscule as saying the wrong words that don't reflect how he really feels. One of the things he hates the most is being contradicted when it comes to important things like his authority or pride. If contested enough, he would go off alone than deal with feeling oppressed.
Background: He has a background of art and performance. Using his magic, he was able to live inside an overpopulated city alongside humans, especially those who were the writers and musicians of our time. However, the crowd he was in was not the well-off kind. His peers were frequent addicts to booze, drugs, and carnal pleasure, living in cramp apartments that always smelled of factory exhaust. He got by with doing whatever art or theater commissions he could lay his hands on and also delivery work for the black market. He didn't ask questions when it came to being able to get enough money for rent. He stormed off from his home and peers after a big dispute about artistic values. It was inevitable with the learned hopelessness that corrupted his peer's mindsets with knowing that the world is no longer beautiful as it once was.
Extra: Balla cannot walk beside his friends. He must either be a step in front or a step behind. He hates greasy food and trains.
sHuXwiz.png
Farceur
Ooh, I like him!

Only thing I'll ask to add is how he became Wolf Tainted. I've got a little thing I've written on the first page, for a little backstory on how the Wolf Tainted first became, so, Balla could've been one of the six that survived and escaped, or was tainted by other means. Dogs who were tainted would pass on the wolf's blood through their children, so he could've been born with it, if you'd like to go that route ^^
Farceur
Ooh, I like him!

Only thing I'll ask to add is how he became Wolf Tainted. I've got a little thing I've written on the first page, for a little backstory on how the Wolf Tainted first became, so, Balla could've been one of the six that survived and escaped, or was tainted by other means. Dogs who were tainted would pass on the wolf's blood through their children, so he could've been born with it, if you'd like to go that route ^^
@Aretimes I just thought of something. Before I make an application, how fast do you see this rp moving? Cause I just started a job that's taking (for now) four hours out of my day most of the week.
@Aretimes I just thought of something. Before I make an application, how fast do you see this rp moving? Cause I just started a job that's taking (for now) four hours out of my day most of the week.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@Aretimes

(all the spanish guitar and horns in the soundtrack give me life. tho my favorite track is "amore amaro" )

done with little shisan! let me know if you have any questions or want me to change anything. also, i wanted to volunteer for the hunter (but if no one else wants the part) b/c lord knows i love playing villains and i had an interesting idea for it last night.
@Aretimes

(all the spanish guitar and horns in the soundtrack give me life. tho my favorite track is "amore amaro" )

done with little shisan! let me know if you have any questions or want me to change anything. also, i wanted to volunteer for the hunter (but if no one else wants the part) b/c lord knows i love playing villains and i had an interesting idea for it last night.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@dividedAnimus
/screeches/ I hit submit too soon sorrY-
Don't see it moving terribly fast! We could have a semi-set or solidly set posting order, so no one gets left behind!

@smerdyakov

gOd YeS-
I can't ever decide, but I think my current favorite is/has been "Dogs and angels," some reason or another. Amore Amaro is fantastic, tho asdfghjkl-

OOoh, sweet! I'll go have a looket 'im~ (Ooh, sure thing! If no one else wants 'em, I'll reserve the spot for ya!)
Ooo, do tell, if you'd like! :o
@dividedAnimus
/screeches/ I hit submit too soon sorrY-
Don't see it moving terribly fast! We could have a semi-set or solidly set posting order, so no one gets left behind!

@smerdyakov

gOd YeS-
I can't ever decide, but I think my current favorite is/has been "Dogs and angels," some reason or another. Amore Amaro is fantastic, tho asdfghjkl-

OOoh, sweet! I'll go have a looket 'im~ (Ooh, sure thing! If no one else wants 'em, I'll reserve the spot for ya!)
Ooo, do tell, if you'd like! :o
@smerdyakov
Shisan is a sweet baby and I would protect him with my life
he's adorable omg
@smerdyakov
Shisan is a sweet baby and I would protect him with my life
he's adorable omg
@Aretimes

oh dang i forgot how lounge-y and ambling the piano and vocals are in "dogs and angels". dang like i need to re-listen to all of it again.

EDIT: shisan is new and scared. give him a hug folks

aha. i was definitely thinking it would be interesting for the hunter to have been a former expert on the book of the moon, probably noble affiliated, who was asked to help in creating the flower maiden.
their extensive study of the material (now with even more resources/texts) eventually led them to the theory that wolves pursuing paradise would bring the earth to an end for all other life. it bothered them for awhile, but, considering wolves were /extinct/ it wasn't a very rational fear.
until one late night they were headed home from work and tried to break up a domestic argument-- during which the woman involved "stabbed" them in the leg. further inspection of the wound revealed canine bite marks and the pieces began to fall into place for them.

horrified by what this meant (the end of the world lmao), they returned to the lab and attempted to sabotage the flower maiden, but were unsuccessful and stripped of their job, but they fled before they could be imprisoned.

as a hunter they don't have a lot of physical know-how (they'd definitely hire other people to kill suspected wolves for them b/c they have zero skills besides being a botm nerd) but they are very up on the lore and they can recognize wolf's blood in someone by watching for the right things.

-shrugs- and that was my idea.
@Aretimes

oh dang i forgot how lounge-y and ambling the piano and vocals are in "dogs and angels". dang like i need to re-listen to all of it again.

EDIT: shisan is new and scared. give him a hug folks

aha. i was definitely thinking it would be interesting for the hunter to have been a former expert on the book of the moon, probably noble affiliated, who was asked to help in creating the flower maiden.
their extensive study of the material (now with even more resources/texts) eventually led them to the theory that wolves pursuing paradise would bring the earth to an end for all other life. it bothered them for awhile, but, considering wolves were /extinct/ it wasn't a very rational fear.
until one late night they were headed home from work and tried to break up a domestic argument-- during which the woman involved "stabbed" them in the leg. further inspection of the wound revealed canine bite marks and the pieces began to fall into place for them.

horrified by what this meant (the end of the world lmao), they returned to the lab and attempted to sabotage the flower maiden, but were unsuccessful and stripped of their job, but they fled before they could be imprisoned.

as a hunter they don't have a lot of physical know-how (they'd definitely hire other people to kill suspected wolves for them b/c they have zero skills besides being a botm nerd) but they are very up on the lore and they can recognize wolf's blood in someone by watching for the right things.

-shrugs- and that was my idea.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@smerdyakov
Ikr??? All the soundtracks are so good omg

yEs I would give him all the hugs
Masika is gonna get so unwittingly attached to him oh my god-

I LOVE THEM???? Heck, I might just have to let you have the hunter's slot, because this is n i c e
I actually really like the idea of the Hunter sending out others to chase the wolves, and have them hiding in the shadows with all the lore knowledge. Gives them a different feel from Quint, and I love that? So much?? Because then it doesn't feel like a simple rehash, and it actually feels like a brand new person taking on the role
@smerdyakov
Ikr??? All the soundtracks are so good omg

yEs I would give him all the hugs
Masika is gonna get so unwittingly attached to him oh my god-

I LOVE THEM???? Heck, I might just have to let you have the hunter's slot, because this is n i c e
I actually really like the idea of the Hunter sending out others to chase the wolves, and have them hiding in the shadows with all the lore knowledge. Gives them a different feel from Quint, and I love that? So much?? Because then it doesn't feel like a simple rehash, and it actually feels like a brand new person taking on the role
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9