Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [PRIVATE] The Hewn City
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
--Gavilar

Gavilar examined the parchment, wondering how in Sornieth this... Candela of Acumen had snuck into his clan, while they were sleeping, and slipped him a note. Gavilar snorted bitterly, in dull, caustic amusement. He didn't particularly want to take part in an adventure that he might not even survive. But this dragon flying next to him-- he could practically taste her anticipation, from the way she restlessly flew. Amren was her name. She had been the one to tell his entire clan, literally shouting about the note to his Leader. So of course he had to come out, to join her. And if he were to be brutally honest... he wouldn't have journeyed had she not put them both in the spotlight. 'Mysterious Activities' could mean a number of things. And it was too 'treacherous' for Candela of Acumen's team? What were they, a suicide squad? Nameless dragons that could be expendable?
Gavilar snorted again, barely reigning in his temper.

Amren cut him a glance. She looked concerned, if not worried, and shifted to brush her wings against his. In a purely friendly gesture, knowing her. She couldn't tell if a dragon had feelings for her, even if one had told her.. Which, had actually happened. Gavilar couldn't help but feel pity for that poor dragon.
"Look, the city isn't that far. We'll be there soon." She sighed, shifting away from him.
He nodded silently. He had already told her-- debated about his misgivings for this adventure . And she's dismissed all of his points, with a shrug, and unbearable optimism.
--Gavilar

Gavilar examined the parchment, wondering how in Sornieth this... Candela of Acumen had snuck into his clan, while they were sleeping, and slipped him a note. Gavilar snorted bitterly, in dull, caustic amusement. He didn't particularly want to take part in an adventure that he might not even survive. But this dragon flying next to him-- he could practically taste her anticipation, from the way she restlessly flew. Amren was her name. She had been the one to tell his entire clan, literally shouting about the note to his Leader. So of course he had to come out, to join her. And if he were to be brutally honest... he wouldn't have journeyed had she not put them both in the spotlight. 'Mysterious Activities' could mean a number of things. And it was too 'treacherous' for Candela of Acumen's team? What were they, a suicide squad? Nameless dragons that could be expendable?
Gavilar snorted again, barely reigning in his temper.

Amren cut him a glance. She looked concerned, if not worried, and shifted to brush her wings against his. In a purely friendly gesture, knowing her. She couldn't tell if a dragon had feelings for her, even if one had told her.. Which, had actually happened. Gavilar couldn't help but feel pity for that poor dragon.
"Look, the city isn't that far. We'll be there soon." She sighed, shifting away from him.
He nodded silently. He had already told her-- debated about his misgivings for this adventure . And she's dismissed all of his points, with a shrug, and unbearable optimism.
~Tropic

"Wait! You- you fool! What about stealth?" He yelped. "Come back!"
He realized it was hopeless, as Duskstorm rammed into the red Skydancer. Tropic let out an exhasperated groan and followed, hanging a few feet behind Duskstorm.

~Silk

Silk let out a roar of fury as, out of nothing and nowhere, a black Coatl rammed into her.
She took a moment to right herself, and then her shock at being attacked evaporated into rage. She flung herself at the Coatl, raking her claws down the Coatl's shoulder before stopping to think what she was doing.
A feathery snake, an Ultramel Amphithere, coiled on the rock where Silk had been sitting a moment ago. This creature was Hollow, Silk's familiar. He slithered to the edge of the rock, watching the fight intently, his tail twitching with anticipation.
~Tropic

"Wait! You- you fool! What about stealth?" He yelped. "Come back!"
He realized it was hopeless, as Duskstorm rammed into the red Skydancer. Tropic let out an exhasperated groan and followed, hanging a few feet behind Duskstorm.

~Silk

Silk let out a roar of fury as, out of nothing and nowhere, a black Coatl rammed into her.
She took a moment to right herself, and then her shock at being attacked evaporated into rage. She flung herself at the Coatl, raking her claws down the Coatl's shoulder before stopping to think what she was doing.
A feathery snake, an Ultramel Amphithere, coiled on the rock where Silk had been sitting a moment ago. This creature was Hollow, Silk's familiar. He slithered to the edge of the rock, watching the fight intently, his tail twitching with anticipation.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Duskstorm shrieked, flailing her wings and arms and everything everywhere, and starts whimpering like a lost hatchling. "I think I'm gonna cry," Duskstorm whimpered, curling into somewhat a ball. "Anyways, hi! I'm Duskstorm! Are you here with that note from the what-are-they-called-Apemen-Acemom-Acumen-something?" She said in one breath, breathing furiously.
Duskstorm shrieked, flailing her wings and arms and everything everywhere, and starts whimpering like a lost hatchling. "I think I'm gonna cry," Duskstorm whimpered, curling into somewhat a ball. "Anyways, hi! I'm Duskstorm! Are you here with that note from the what-are-they-called-Apemen-Acemom-Acumen-something?" She said in one breath, breathing furiously.
7pJSnvE.gifjrC9Ivt.gif
--Amren

Amren would have passed right over the fighting dragons, had it not been for a loud, furious roar that snapped her from her thoughts. Gavilar tensed at it, and Amren was now actively staring at the ruined ruins from above. She shivered as she took in the dreary atmosphere. And there--there were two dragons fighting, and the reek of blood stung her snout as she spiraled downwards. Gavilar saw her movement, and no doubt intentions, and swore a colorful string of words that Amren decided not to hear. She stopped a few paces away, watching as a wine red Skydancer grappled with a dark Coatl. She felt Gavilar join her moments later, and they watched, hovering a wicked patch of dirt that she really didn't want to step on.
--Amren

Amren would have passed right over the fighting dragons, had it not been for a loud, furious roar that snapped her from her thoughts. Gavilar tensed at it, and Amren was now actively staring at the ruined ruins from above. She shivered as she took in the dreary atmosphere. And there--there were two dragons fighting, and the reek of blood stung her snout as she spiraled downwards. Gavilar saw her movement, and no doubt intentions, and swore a colorful string of words that Amren decided not to hear. She stopped a few paces away, watching as a wine red Skydancer grappled with a dark Coatl. She felt Gavilar join her moments later, and they watched, hovering a wicked patch of dirt that she really didn't want to step on.
~Silk

Silk felt a brief flash of sympathy for the Coatl, which quickly faded back to fury as the Coatl started whimpering.
"Did that hurt?" She snarled. "For the Icewarden's sake, have you ever been hurt before? I wasn't even trying to hurt you."
She gave her tail a sharp flick, and the Ultramel Amphithere shot off the rock and slithered up onto her neck.
"Let's start over." Silk snarled. "Hi. I'm Silk. I'm here to investigate the Hewn City. I'm not here to be your friend. And don't touch me again."
~Silk

Silk felt a brief flash of sympathy for the Coatl, which quickly faded back to fury as the Coatl started whimpering.
"Did that hurt?" She snarled. "For the Icewarden's sake, have you ever been hurt before? I wasn't even trying to hurt you."
She gave her tail a sharp flick, and the Ultramel Amphithere shot off the rock and slithered up onto her neck.
"Let's start over." Silk snarled. "Hi. I'm Silk. I'm here to investigate the Hewn City. I'm not here to be your friend. And don't touch me again."
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Duskstorm squinted, forgetting the dragon's name for a second. "Milk...?" She asked, confused, wondering what kind of dragon would have this kind of name. "And let's be friends! And of course it hurts a lot!" She yelped happily, then shrieked again as she saw that snake familiar on the dragon named...Milk?
Duskstorm squinted, forgetting the dragon's name for a second. "Milk...?" She asked, confused, wondering what kind of dragon would have this kind of name. "And let's be friends! And of course it hurts a lot!" She yelped happily, then shrieked again as she saw that snake familiar on the dragon named...Milk?
7pJSnvE.gifjrC9Ivt.gif
~Silk

"Alright, if we're going to travel together, let me set a few things straight." Silk snapped. "Firstly, I am not your friend. Secondly, don't touch me. And third and foremost, this is Hollow, and if you hurt him, I will skin you alive and set you on fire, and make sure you're conscious for every moment. Got it?"

(( Brb for like an hour. Going to bookstore to harass them about the book they said would be there two weeks ago XD ))
~Silk

"Alright, if we're going to travel together, let me set a few things straight." Silk snapped. "Firstly, I am not your friend. Secondly, don't touch me. And third and foremost, this is Hollow, and if you hurt him, I will skin you alive and set you on fire, and make sure you're conscious for every moment. Got it?"

(( Brb for like an hour. Going to bookstore to harass them about the book they said would be there two weeks ago XD ))
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Duskstorm hardly heard much of what she had said, and whistled. "Okay, Milk!" She cheered happily. She threw her note at Milk and laughed. "I think there's gonna be at least 10 dragons traveling with us! Yay! Friends forever!" She yelled, picking her her note and threw it at Milk again.

((XD okie))
Duskstorm hardly heard much of what she had said, and whistled. "Okay, Milk!" She cheered happily. She threw her note at Milk and laughed. "I think there's gonna be at least 10 dragons traveling with us! Yay! Friends forever!" She yelled, picking her her note and threw it at Milk again.

((XD okie))
7pJSnvE.gifjrC9Ivt.gif
((I need to drag in Rippleshine again :>))

A distant echo of yelling made Rippleshine jump. She stalked closer to where it was, observing her surroundings. She titled her head and blinked a couple of times, trying to make sure what she saw was correct. A Coatl and a Skydancer. This must've went well.
Well, either they've become best friends and are fangirling over shipping the deities, which I do not think that's appropriate, or they're fighting to the death.

Rippleshine scanned her surrounding, becoming a little anxious of what might come nesxt
((I need to drag in Rippleshine again :>))

A distant echo of yelling made Rippleshine jump. She stalked closer to where it was, observing her surroundings. She titled her head and blinked a couple of times, trying to make sure what she saw was correct. A Coatl and a Skydancer. This must've went well.
Well, either they've become best friends and are fangirling over shipping the deities, which I do not think that's appropriate, or they're fighting to the death.

Rippleshine scanned her surrounding, becoming a little anxious of what might come nesxt
7pJSnvE.gifjrC9Ivt.gif
(( Okay I'm ticked off now. The bookstore up and LOST my order for the fifth Spirit Animals book, ffffft. ))

~Silk

"My name isn't MILK!" Silk snarled, as if she had had this argument repeatedly with someone else. "We. Are not. Friends. If you call us friends one more time, I'll-"
Hollow cut her off with an exhasperated hiss. Silk glared at her familiar.
"Yes, yes, yes, I threaten dragons a lot." She hissed at Hollow. "But this idiot is working my last nerve. You understand."
She glared at Duskstorm again.
"If we're doing this adventure, get this through your thick skull." Silk snapped. "I am not your friend. I am nobody's friend. My only friend is Hollow here. And in case I hadn't made it clear before, if you hurt him, I'll make you regret it."
Although I doubt a hapless idiot like you could ever hurt Hollow. He's infinitely more intelligent than you...
(( Okay I'm ticked off now. The bookstore up and LOST my order for the fifth Spirit Animals book, ffffft. ))

~Silk

"My name isn't MILK!" Silk snarled, as if she had had this argument repeatedly with someone else. "We. Are not. Friends. If you call us friends one more time, I'll-"
Hollow cut her off with an exhasperated hiss. Silk glared at her familiar.
"Yes, yes, yes, I threaten dragons a lot." She hissed at Hollow. "But this idiot is working my last nerve. You understand."
She glared at Duskstorm again.
"If we're doing this adventure, get this through your thick skull." Silk snapped. "I am not your friend. I am nobody's friend. My only friend is Hollow here. And in case I hadn't made it clear before, if you hurt him, I'll make you regret it."
Although I doubt a hapless idiot like you could ever hurt Hollow. He's infinitely more intelligent than you...
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13