Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | WotS OOC (Ask to Join)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
@smerdyakov

hello again I am being naughty and changing around cats + their positions again, so if I've reserved something you can let it go for someone else.

I'm going to take it slow and put more thought into my new cats, so when they are done i'll probably put them in a different post. I was trying to rush and get a cat in each clan but gunning it was just making kinda lame personalities.

(+ I'm glad you like Dawnsun! )

@Aretimes

Would I be able to make a sibling for Nightsight? I really loved how she responded to her mother's death by being consoled by moonclan, but the whole family situation is really interesting and I really want to explore a character who doesn't feel the same closure.
@smerdyakov

hello again I am being naughty and changing around cats + their positions again, so if I've reserved something you can let it go for someone else.

I'm going to take it slow and put more thought into my new cats, so when they are done i'll probably put them in a different post. I was trying to rush and get a cat in each clan but gunning it was just making kinda lame personalities.

(+ I'm glad you like Dawnsun! )

@Aretimes

Would I be able to make a sibling for Nightsight? I really loved how she responded to her mother's death by being consoled by moonclan, but the whole family situation is really interesting and I really want to explore a character who doesn't feel the same closure.
@superpapershark

OOh, yes, that'd be really interesting! I'm eager to see what you'll come up with~
@superpapershark

OOh, yes, that'd be really interesting! I'm eager to see what you'll come up with~
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
@smerdyakov - For Mumblesun, I meant to say that he doesn't really voice his opinions/feelings, if that's okay with you. He'll be more open with the prophecies/omens, don't worry. XD

And for Ploverkit's backstory, that's fine- I'll change that when I have time. ^^"
@smerdyakov - For Mumblesun, I meant to say that he doesn't really voice his opinions/feelings, if that's okay with you. He'll be more open with the prophecies/omens, don't worry. XD

And for Ploverkit's backstory, that's fine- I'll change that when I have time. ^^"
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
@superpapershark

thanks for the heads up, m8, tho ur cats so far were pretty great.
and i don't think you had any other roles saved, but you're welcome to reserve any new ones you may want for your future characters.

@SpottedSorex

a'ight, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part m8. :}} and nice. they're both accepted.

also @ everyone else too
((@raysaur @Lavendetta @Dogsblubblub @KiTea @ILuvYou @Foxbrush @chrysalem @Aretimes @Burnmoon ))

at this point, i'm gonna let one more new person in and then temporarily close this while people finish/touch up their characters and we start discussing a good start date.
any remaining important roles will be filled with either temp characters, claimable characters, or fodder characters, and, once everyone has a few posts under their belts, i'll reopen the rp to fill the difference.

in the meantime, let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc. etc. and hopefully we can get this started in the next week. :}}
@superpapershark

thanks for the heads up, m8, tho ur cats so far were pretty great.
and i don't think you had any other roles saved, but you're welcome to reserve any new ones you may want for your future characters.

@SpottedSorex

a'ight, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part m8. :}} and nice. they're both accepted.

also @ everyone else too
((@raysaur @Lavendetta @Dogsblubblub @KiTea @ILuvYou @Foxbrush @chrysalem @Aretimes @Burnmoon ))

at this point, i'm gonna let one more new person in and then temporarily close this while people finish/touch up their characters and we start discussing a good start date.
any remaining important roles will be filled with either temp characters, claimable characters, or fodder characters, and, once everyone has a few posts under their belts, i'll reopen the rp to fill the difference.

in the meantime, let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc. etc. and hopefully we can get this started in the next week. :}}
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@smerdyakov

Sounds good! Could I actually reserve the Deputy spot for WalkerClan then if they'll be filled with proxy characters if unclaimed? I'll probably get up the character form today.
@smerdyakov

Sounds good! Could I actually reserve the Deputy spot for WalkerClan then if they'll be filled with proxy characters if unclaimed? I'll probably get up the character form today.
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@Burnmoon

will do m8, slot is yours
@Burnmoon

will do m8, slot is yours
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
Thanks buddy
Thanks buddy
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@smerdyakov

I assume that featherspeakers spend much of their time checking in on the birds and listening in on the Gossip™

Because of this, are they allowed to eat and not bring back stuff to the kill pile? Like, maybe they would kill a few things on their way back, but not spend all day hunting for the clan.

Anywho, I'm currently editing everything to include what you said. Do you have any ideas for really noisy sea birds? Also; do sea lions and dolphins come around often? what about sharks?

Thank you so much for looking over everything. It must be a pain in the neck.
@smerdyakov

I assume that featherspeakers spend much of their time checking in on the birds and listening in on the Gossip™

Because of this, are they allowed to eat and not bring back stuff to the kill pile? Like, maybe they would kill a few things on their way back, but not spend all day hunting for the clan.

Anywho, I'm currently editing everything to include what you said. Do you have any ideas for really noisy sea birds? Also; do sea lions and dolphins come around often? what about sharks?

Thank you so much for looking over everything. It must be a pain in the neck.
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
@Dogsblubblub (( @Foxbrush for feather speaker business reasons :}} ))

feather speakers do tend to spend a lot of days with the birds, especially during the nesting periods of each different species-- since they help protect the young and continue fostering this relationship with the birds-- listening to all that juicy gossip regarding the weather, how various types of marine prey are doing/where they are etc.

but because there are always two and they spend a lot of their time on shoalclan's island, they can easily make trips back and forth between the fresh kill piles and even, if there are fewer birds/the weather is clear, have free time to swim, hunt, visit the stone shore, etc.

if a sea bird does offer food to a feather speaker, though, they definitely wouldn't have to share it with the clan. so if there's a good relationship between an fs and some fowl, they might not even have to go back to the fresh kill pile.

one thing i wanted to touch on is the way feather speakers and sea fowl communicate: it's not very eloquent. there's still a bit of a barrier between what birds and cats would understand from each other, so each parties' conversations still have a level of brokenness to them.

ex.
fs: good flying?
b: no. bad wind. north. soon and sharp.
fs: i'm sorry. rest here? safe.
b: thank you. i will. but i will tell others to come first.
fs: safe flying.

obviously, some feather speakers and some sea fowl can get a little more comfortable and eloquent with each other as they gain experience, pick up on verbal tics, etc, or just develop a kinda common ground, potentially no-verbal language-- it really all depends on the fs and the birds in question.

@/Dogsblubblub (again)

gulls are always loud as heck. then there are brant geese around-ish too and boobys--

--but actually! i was trying to find more interesting birds for ya and: hooded orioles are pretty close to local with the area and they sing/warble a lot in a way that people describe as "cat-like". plus they are also pretty colorful. so they could definitely be an option.

or other colorful birds in the area are cardinals, finches, and flycatchers. so those would all work too.

as far as sea life goes-- the most common shark-like species cats encounter will be rays (manta, sting, and mobula (these ones actually "fly" up out of the water a lot it's super cool looking)). while hammerhead sharks, great whites, and whale sharks are in the area, they would be further out than shoalclan's part of the bay-- though occasionally one might get disoriented and get washed into the bay's shallow waters.

cat could encounter juvenile nurse sharks and dogfish, though.

same thing with dolphins. far swimmers are likely the only cats who have up close experiences with them but the clan cats that live by the ocean are aware of them.

i can see a lot of large, breaching sea life being treated kinda like cryptids-- like these massive creatures that shoot out of the water and then disappear.... s p o o k y.

and i'm glad you brought up sea lions and seals! because they can be nasty and territorial as heck-- so shoalclan (and occasionally edgeclan) has probably had to work to drive them off/keep them from making a h*rem on the stone shore)

and no worries m8. thank you all for being patient with my nit-picks b/c heaven knows i do a lot of that X}}
plus i love this area with all my heart and soul and this gives me a chance to get to know it even better.
@Dogsblubblub (( @Foxbrush for feather speaker business reasons :}} ))

feather speakers do tend to spend a lot of days with the birds, especially during the nesting periods of each different species-- since they help protect the young and continue fostering this relationship with the birds-- listening to all that juicy gossip regarding the weather, how various types of marine prey are doing/where they are etc.

but because there are always two and they spend a lot of their time on shoalclan's island, they can easily make trips back and forth between the fresh kill piles and even, if there are fewer birds/the weather is clear, have free time to swim, hunt, visit the stone shore, etc.

if a sea bird does offer food to a feather speaker, though, they definitely wouldn't have to share it with the clan. so if there's a good relationship between an fs and some fowl, they might not even have to go back to the fresh kill pile.

one thing i wanted to touch on is the way feather speakers and sea fowl communicate: it's not very eloquent. there's still a bit of a barrier between what birds and cats would understand from each other, so each parties' conversations still have a level of brokenness to them.

ex.
fs: good flying?
b: no. bad wind. north. soon and sharp.
fs: i'm sorry. rest here? safe.
b: thank you. i will. but i will tell others to come first.
fs: safe flying.

obviously, some feather speakers and some sea fowl can get a little more comfortable and eloquent with each other as they gain experience, pick up on verbal tics, etc, or just develop a kinda common ground, potentially no-verbal language-- it really all depends on the fs and the birds in question.

@/Dogsblubblub (again)

gulls are always loud as heck. then there are brant geese around-ish too and boobys--

--but actually! i was trying to find more interesting birds for ya and: hooded orioles are pretty close to local with the area and they sing/warble a lot in a way that people describe as "cat-like". plus they are also pretty colorful. so they could definitely be an option.

or other colorful birds in the area are cardinals, finches, and flycatchers. so those would all work too.

as far as sea life goes-- the most common shark-like species cats encounter will be rays (manta, sting, and mobula (these ones actually "fly" up out of the water a lot it's super cool looking)). while hammerhead sharks, great whites, and whale sharks are in the area, they would be further out than shoalclan's part of the bay-- though occasionally one might get disoriented and get washed into the bay's shallow waters.

cat could encounter juvenile nurse sharks and dogfish, though.

same thing with dolphins. far swimmers are likely the only cats who have up close experiences with them but the clan cats that live by the ocean are aware of them.

i can see a lot of large, breaching sea life being treated kinda like cryptids-- like these massive creatures that shoot out of the water and then disappear.... s p o o k y.

and i'm glad you brought up sea lions and seals! because they can be nasty and territorial as heck-- so shoalclan (and occasionally edgeclan) has probably had to work to drive them off/keep them from making a h*rem on the stone shore)

and no worries m8. thank you all for being patient with my nit-picks b/c heaven knows i do a lot of that X}}
plus i love this area with all my heart and soul and this gives me a chance to get to know it even better.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@smerdyakov

What an amazing response! So much information I love it

Also; forms are finally done! Hooray!
@smerdyakov

What an amazing response! So much information I love it

Also; forms are finally done! Hooray!
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif