Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | WotS IC
1 2 3 4 5
ShoalClan

When Fishkit awoke, it was to the sweet smell of a Queen's milk, and the ever-present scent of seawater that hung in the air with the mist. It was coldsea; the fog blanketing the camp would be cold and humid. With a huff, she settled back down next to her mother's warm belly to sleep.

---

When Conchtail awoke, it was to a rough kick by a sleeping warrior. She sighed, shaking the sleep out of her eyes and giving the other cat a lighthearted glare. With that, she carefully stepped over the peaceful cats to stretch in the early morning dew. Conchtail began to languidly stretch, popping her stiff joints with pleasure. Though Coldsea was never particularly enjoyable, the playful nips of the seawind were enough to wake up the sleepy cat. She grabbed a few crabs from the fresh-kill pile, before setting them down near the den. With that, she carefully picked her way through the other cats once again, giving Leapingstorm a gentle nudge to wake him up. "Leapingstorm.." she whispered, batting at his tail. "Wake up! I have a couple of big, juicy crabs waiting for us outside the den."

WalkerClan

Dustkit snuggled closer to the elder he was under, absorbing their warmth like an icicle. The kit had no reason to wake up quite yet, so he fell back into a deep, peaceful sleep.

HillClan

Thrushpaw mewed angrily as the hinds of HillClan flew into the apprentice's den, ruffling his fur and sending a shiver down his spine. Nope. He refused to get up just yet.

EdgeClan

Chicoryclaw yawned as he picked a juicy rabbit out from the haphazard pile of freshkill, curling up under a cholla cactus to eat his breakfast. He felt no need to wake anyone up just yet; the sun had barely risen out of the sea. He purred as it's soft, warm rays touched his long, silky fur.

(( This is like,,, the worst starting post I have ever made. Sorry about that! A for effort, though? ))
ShoalClan

When Fishkit awoke, it was to the sweet smell of a Queen's milk, and the ever-present scent of seawater that hung in the air with the mist. It was coldsea; the fog blanketing the camp would be cold and humid. With a huff, she settled back down next to her mother's warm belly to sleep.

---

When Conchtail awoke, it was to a rough kick by a sleeping warrior. She sighed, shaking the sleep out of her eyes and giving the other cat a lighthearted glare. With that, she carefully stepped over the peaceful cats to stretch in the early morning dew. Conchtail began to languidly stretch, popping her stiff joints with pleasure. Though Coldsea was never particularly enjoyable, the playful nips of the seawind were enough to wake up the sleepy cat. She grabbed a few crabs from the fresh-kill pile, before setting them down near the den. With that, she carefully picked her way through the other cats once again, giving Leapingstorm a gentle nudge to wake him up. "Leapingstorm.." she whispered, batting at his tail. "Wake up! I have a couple of big, juicy crabs waiting for us outside the den."

WalkerClan

Dustkit snuggled closer to the elder he was under, absorbing their warmth like an icicle. The kit had no reason to wake up quite yet, so he fell back into a deep, peaceful sleep.

HillClan

Thrushpaw mewed angrily as the hinds of HillClan flew into the apprentice's den, ruffling his fur and sending a shiver down his spine. Nope. He refused to get up just yet.

EdgeClan

Chicoryclaw yawned as he picked a juicy rabbit out from the haphazard pile of freshkill, curling up under a cholla cactus to eat his breakfast. He felt no need to wake anyone up just yet; the sun had barely risen out of the sea. He purred as it's soft, warm rays touched his long, silky fur.

(( This is like,,, the worst starting post I have ever made. Sorry about that! A for effort, though? ))
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
Mumblesun + Prickle (ShoalClan): Prickle stretched their legs as they woke themselves from a long and restful nap. They sighed softly and thought, "I wonder what I have to deal with today..." The felil quickly scrambled up to their paws and left the leader's den to go see Mumblesun. "I bet he's already up by now," the leader thought with a small purr. It was nice that they had a friend in a high rank, as it was someone that they could trust, but they felt a slight worry in the back of their mind. The worry tried to nag at them, but Prickle was in a good enough mood to ignore it.

When Prickle approached Mumblesun, they spotted that Mumblesun was sitting there motionless, staring at the sun like usual. "Do you have anything from SunClan?" Prickle asked as they moved towards the felil. Mumblesun merely flicked his tail to the right, which indicated a "no." "Oh, I see," Prickle mewed with slight disappointment in their voice. They looked over at Mumblesun once more, their eyes shining softly, before turning around in the other direction. "If you need me, tell me after the sun sets, okay?" Prickle mewed with a flick of their tail. Mumblesun gave Prickle a curt nod but did not turn around in their direction. Prickle smiled softly at the Sunwatcher before padding off to join the rest of the cats in camp.

Milkpaw (WalkerClan): Milkpaw yawned as she got up from her nest and groggily padded out of the apprentices' den. She warily glanced over at Mallow as the she-cat took note of her surroundings and flicked her tail. The she-cat stood there for several more seconds before feeling a growl rise in her stomach. "Huh, I must be hungry," she mewed with a slight grunt. The apprentice quickly padded over to the fountain and peered into it. "Ugh, nothing," she spat under her breath, "Coldsea is always horrible..." Milkpaw then reluctantly padded to the hub of the camp to see if there was anyone to tease or make fun of.

Ploverkit (EdgeClan): Ploverkit squeaked as he played with a small flower that he had found near the nursery. He flicked his tail and sniffed it, its floral scent captivating the small kit. The tuxedo looked around for anyone to play with. His ears perked when he spotted Chicoryclaw and promptly ran over to him with the flower in his mouth. "Hi, wanna play with this flower with me?" Ploverkit mewed as he stopped by the deputy and dropped the flower in front of him.

Dryvoice (HillClan): Dryvoice sighed softly as he rose from his nest to start another day. He padded into camp, his tail drooping from lack of sleep. The Rough Foot's sleep had been erratic since the death of his parents, and he sometimes found himself lying in his nest for almost the whole night. It was also fairly obvious that the lack of sleep was catching up to him, as his fur was growing more unkempt whenever he was unable to sleep. Yawning loudly, the tom groggily looked around camp to see if Cactusclimb was already up.
Mumblesun + Prickle (ShoalClan): Prickle stretched their legs as they woke themselves from a long and restful nap. They sighed softly and thought, "I wonder what I have to deal with today..." The felil quickly scrambled up to their paws and left the leader's den to go see Mumblesun. "I bet he's already up by now," the leader thought with a small purr. It was nice that they had a friend in a high rank, as it was someone that they could trust, but they felt a slight worry in the back of their mind. The worry tried to nag at them, but Prickle was in a good enough mood to ignore it.

When Prickle approached Mumblesun, they spotted that Mumblesun was sitting there motionless, staring at the sun like usual. "Do you have anything from SunClan?" Prickle asked as they moved towards the felil. Mumblesun merely flicked his tail to the right, which indicated a "no." "Oh, I see," Prickle mewed with slight disappointment in their voice. They looked over at Mumblesun once more, their eyes shining softly, before turning around in the other direction. "If you need me, tell me after the sun sets, okay?" Prickle mewed with a flick of their tail. Mumblesun gave Prickle a curt nod but did not turn around in their direction. Prickle smiled softly at the Sunwatcher before padding off to join the rest of the cats in camp.

Milkpaw (WalkerClan): Milkpaw yawned as she got up from her nest and groggily padded out of the apprentices' den. She warily glanced over at Mallow as the she-cat took note of her surroundings and flicked her tail. The she-cat stood there for several more seconds before feeling a growl rise in her stomach. "Huh, I must be hungry," she mewed with a slight grunt. The apprentice quickly padded over to the fountain and peered into it. "Ugh, nothing," she spat under her breath, "Coldsea is always horrible..." Milkpaw then reluctantly padded to the hub of the camp to see if there was anyone to tease or make fun of.

Ploverkit (EdgeClan): Ploverkit squeaked as he played with a small flower that he had found near the nursery. He flicked his tail and sniffed it, its floral scent captivating the small kit. The tuxedo looked around for anyone to play with. His ears perked when he spotted Chicoryclaw and promptly ran over to him with the flower in his mouth. "Hi, wanna play with this flower with me?" Ploverkit mewed as he stopped by the deputy and dropped the flower in front of him.

Dryvoice (HillClan): Dryvoice sighed softly as he rose from his nest to start another day. He padded into camp, his tail drooping from lack of sleep. The Rough Foot's sleep had been erratic since the death of his parents, and he sometimes found himself lying in his nest for almost the whole night. It was also fairly obvious that the lack of sleep was catching up to him, as his fur was growing more unkempt whenever he was unable to sleep. Yawning loudly, the tom groggily looked around camp to see if Cactusclimb was already up.
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
[center][url=http://cal-vain.deviantart.com/art/f2u-ocean-aesthetic-642517782][img]http://orig13.deviantart.net/1ff0/f/2016/306/8/5/f2u_ocean_aesthetic_by_bo_tanic-damjdw6.png[/img][/url] [size=4][font=Optima]Nightsight[/font] [b]|[/b] [font=Optima]Medicine Cat[/font] [b]|[/b] [font=Optima]ShoalClan[/font][/size] [font=Optima][b]tags.[/b] Azurepaw [b]l[/b] Breezeheart [b]l[/b] Open[/font] [url=http://cinnabutt.deviantart.com/art/AnchorWaves-Divider-584249373][img]http://orig03.deviantart.net/e4db/f/2016/013/a/e/ae7aa6f3f3e475aac3c173fae813b40e-d9nuhp9.gif[/img][/url][/center] Shifting in her nest, the dark furred healer's green eyes slowly opened as she felt some cat leave the sleeping spot in the Medicine Cat's den. Nightsight lifted her head lazily, curled ears perking calmly. She stood, stump of a tail flicking. The Lee carefully stepped her way around Breezeheart, before shaking herself and stretching. Coldsea was never her favorite--herbs and prey were scarce, it was always colder... but at least she would die of heat. Slightly thicker and black fur, were better suited for cold, not heat. Nightsight looked up as she saw the before mentioned apprentice, heading out the den. She blinked away the sleepy haze, humming softly to herself. She trotted over to the small pool of fresh water that they kept for themselves and patients, lowering her head and lapping at the cool water. After several moments, she lifted her head and licked her lips. She breathed in deeply, tail twitching in pleasure. Hearing movement at the entrance, Nightsight looked over her shoulder to see Azurepaw step in and head for the stocks of herbs. The lee smiled softly, turning to face the young cat. [b]"Morning,"[/b] she purred. [b]"How's the freshkill pile look today?"[/b] Nightsight asked, half considering getting something to eat. If it wasn't too low, she'd grab something, but, if was too barren, she'd wait until sunhigh or later to eat.
f2u_ocean_aesthetic_by_bo_tanic-damjdw6.png
Nightsight | Medicine Cat | ShoalClan
tags. Azurepaw l Breezeheart l Open
ae7aa6f3f3e475aac3c173fae813b40e-d9nuhp9.gif

Shifting in her nest, the dark furred healer's green eyes slowly opened as she felt some cat leave the sleeping spot in the Medicine Cat's den. Nightsight lifted her head lazily, curled ears perking calmly. She stood, stump of a tail flicking. The Lee carefully stepped her way around Breezeheart, before shaking herself and stretching. Coldsea was never her favorite--herbs and prey were scarce, it was always colder... but at least she would die of heat. Slightly thicker and black fur, were better suited for cold, not heat.

Nightsight looked up as she saw the before mentioned apprentice, heading out the den. She blinked away the sleepy haze, humming softly to herself. She trotted over to the small pool of fresh water that they kept for themselves and patients, lowering her head and lapping at the cool water. After several moments, she lifted her head and licked her lips. She breathed in deeply, tail twitching in pleasure.

Hearing movement at the entrance, Nightsight looked over her shoulder to see Azurepaw step in and head for the stocks of herbs. The lee smiled softly, turning to face the young cat. "Morning," she purred. "How's the freshkill pile look today?" Nightsight asked, half considering getting something to eat. If it wasn't too low, she'd grab something, but, if was too barren, she'd wait until sunhigh or later to eat.
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
Shoalclan

Azurepaw blinked, startled by Nightsight's voice, as she thought she was the only one in the den awake. She looked at the Lee warmly and softly started to purr. "Good Morning Nightsight!" she meowed loudly."The freshkill pile is the fullest I'll seen it in moons this morning! I can go get you something from the pile if you would like" she meowed, standing up.
Shoalclan

Azurepaw blinked, startled by Nightsight's voice, as she thought she was the only one in the den awake. She looked at the Lee warmly and softly started to purr. "Good Morning Nightsight!" she meowed loudly."The freshkill pile is the fullest I'll seen it in moons this morning! I can go get you something from the pile if you would like" she meowed, standing up.
signature_zps170dbc44.png
HILLCLAN

Grudgingly waking up, Wolfeyes lifted her head and let out a loud open mouth yawn. Scratching her ear absentmindedly before stiffly getting up. Picking her way past her sleeping clan mate she padded out and looked around the clearing, and noticed Blacksun eating up on a rock while looking as miserable as she felt with waking this dame early. Dragging herself to the kill pile she looked over the small pickings, but a faint noise from the nursery stopped her. She suddenly remembered about Blossomleaf and the recent lost of the she-cat's mate, and that she hadn't seen the cat come out once in the past three days. Flattening her ears and sighing in faint annoyance, she picked up two plump roadrunners and padded towards the nursery.

Stepping into the large den that was the nursery, she spotted Blossomleaf staring off into nothingness in her nest. The prey in her mouth prevent the Queen fro seeing her scowl, but she couldn't stand comforting upset cats. It simply wasn't something had a knack at, but she will be damed to under stone if she didn't try to help the Queen for the kits in her belly. Sitting down besides the cats nest, she dropped both kills and nudged one over to the Queen. "Best eat, ya not just feeding one mouth anymore.". Ugh, why Shred or anyone else being doing this besides her.

SHOALCLAN

Leapingstorm was dreaming of his own den the birds that he could hear chattering away from there, when he felt someone batting his tail. With his dream melting away and his ire rising with him as he woke, he mindlessly lashed his tail at his waker in annoyance. He was ready to snap at them to get out of his cave until he realized it was Conchtail speaking to him. Sitting up and blinking the sleep from his eyes, he finally remembered that he somehow let Conchtail convince to sleep with the warriors last night instead of their usual den. Feeling stuffed in the smaller cave with his long legs scrunched up under him. He stood and stretched his legs before leaving the small cave to where Conchtail promised crab.

Blinking the faint sun from his eyes, he looked over to his fellow Featherspeaker companion and crumbled to the ground beside her and took a large crab for himself. "I really don't know why I let you convince me to sleep with you and the warriors last night. Their was barley enough room to fit my legs." He grumbled while ripping off the crabs shell and eating a mouthful of its tender flesh.

(I was looking at the Shoalclan's camp description and saw Featherspeakers sleep separate from others. Hope this is alright with ya @Dogsblubblub if not I can change it.)

WALKERCLAN

Duskrun was having a wonderful slumber, barely hearing anyone or thing as he snoozed peacefully away. Dreaming of chasing plump desert doves into his clans territory and killing them for his clan mates.

HILLCLAN

Grudgingly waking up, Wolfeyes lifted her head and let out a loud open mouth yawn. Scratching her ear absentmindedly before stiffly getting up. Picking her way past her sleeping clan mate she padded out and looked around the clearing, and noticed Blacksun eating up on a rock while looking as miserable as she felt with waking this dame early. Dragging herself to the kill pile she looked over the small pickings, but a faint noise from the nursery stopped her. She suddenly remembered about Blossomleaf and the recent lost of the she-cat's mate, and that she hadn't seen the cat come out once in the past three days. Flattening her ears and sighing in faint annoyance, she picked up two plump roadrunners and padded towards the nursery.

Stepping into the large den that was the nursery, she spotted Blossomleaf staring off into nothingness in her nest. The prey in her mouth prevent the Queen fro seeing her scowl, but she couldn't stand comforting upset cats. It simply wasn't something had a knack at, but she will be damed to under stone if she didn't try to help the Queen for the kits in her belly. Sitting down besides the cats nest, she dropped both kills and nudged one over to the Queen. "Best eat, ya not just feeding one mouth anymore.". Ugh, why Shred or anyone else being doing this besides her.

SHOALCLAN

Leapingstorm was dreaming of his own den the birds that he could hear chattering away from there, when he felt someone batting his tail. With his dream melting away and his ire rising with him as he woke, he mindlessly lashed his tail at his waker in annoyance. He was ready to snap at them to get out of his cave until he realized it was Conchtail speaking to him. Sitting up and blinking the sleep from his eyes, he finally remembered that he somehow let Conchtail convince to sleep with the warriors last night instead of their usual den. Feeling stuffed in the smaller cave with his long legs scrunched up under him. He stood and stretched his legs before leaving the small cave to where Conchtail promised crab.

Blinking the faint sun from his eyes, he looked over to his fellow Featherspeaker companion and crumbled to the ground beside her and took a large crab for himself. "I really don't know why I let you convince me to sleep with you and the warriors last night. Their was barley enough room to fit my legs." He grumbled while ripping off the crabs shell and eating a mouthful of its tender flesh.

(I was looking at the Shoalclan's camp description and saw Featherspeakers sleep separate from others. Hope this is alright with ya @Dogsblubblub if not I can change it.)

WALKERCLAN

Duskrun was having a wonderful slumber, barely hearing anyone or thing as he snoozed peacefully away. Dreaming of chasing plump desert doves into his clans territory and killing them for his clan mates.

(WalkerClan)

There was not a lot to be said about this specific morning, but Coyotefang could still think of several ways to be appreciative of it. The air was cool, but had no bite to it, and the WalkerClan deputy always did enjoy the strange feeling of early morning where almost nobody was awake. It was a good thing he never minded rising well and early, otherwise he wasn't sure how he would survive as deputy. However, as much as the tom would have liked to spend time admiring the atmosphere, there was a greater and more pressing issue to attend to.

The fresh-kill pile was abysmal. Pathetic, really. Coyotefang could not bring himself to be frustrated with the hunters, as usual, and found himself once again mourning the tendency for WalkerClan territory of only sustaining the cats by the skin of their teeth. Reluctant as he was to send the Defts anywhere, he knew that he wouldn't be able to kid himself any more than he already was.

At the sound of someone calling his name, the deputy swiveled his large ears toward the direction of the sound and peered out through the thorns. Mallow was up, of course. The brown tom started crawling through the thorns and arrived relatively unscathed on the other side, all the more grateful for his short fur- and dipped his head at the WalkerClan leader. They looked haggard and disheveled, but then again, didn't they all?

"Morning," the tom whispered, and flicked his tail toward the kill pile. "This is pretty sorry looking. I'll probably be sending Rattlebone and Duskrun out tonight." The tom looked over his leader's shoulder to make sure that nobody else was in the vicinity, before adding quietly,

"EdgeClan, I'm thinking. They seem to be doing alright despite coldsea."

With any luck, the other warriors might be able to find more insects and birds to the point where sending them would be unnecessary, even if for only a day. Coyotefang could only imagine the anxiety and mental strain of being a Deft, and though he knew that the Clan needed them, the thought of selecting another cat to fulfill the often unwanted role did his conscience no favors.

--

(EdgeClan)

Hollyeyes, in all truth, didn't mind coldsea. The cold kept things fresh for longer, and the sand always seemed to be far less obnoxious. And though the medicine cat didn't care for the aesthetic of dying herbs, he supposed that any medicine cat worth their whiskers would hope that they were never needed in a Clan. The white and orange cat narrowed his eyes at a defiant pile of sunreachers, and used a precise paw to adjust the stack to his satisfaction. How these things are perfect by the time he goes to sleep and then a mess by the time he wakes up, only SunClan knows. With a huff, he turned away and slipped toward the fresh-kill pile. There, Ploverkit was bothering Chicoryclaw, and the tom was almost about to turn right back around- but his rumbling stomach told him otherwise.

Hollyeyes slowly made his way over, giving Ploverkit plenty of space before settling across from them to pluck something small from the pile. He hadn't been productive yet, and he wasn't exactly the largest cat, so he didn't quite feel the need to fill himself up. The medicine cat peered closely at his fish, checking for irregularities, before starting the process of eating it from the base of the tail up. It wasn't exactly practical, and was a bit time consuming, but how else was he supposed to eat it? Not wanting to be entirely dismissive, though he certainly wouldn't have minded silence, the medicine cat swallowed his mouthful before nodding his head and mumbling,

"Good morning."
(WalkerClan)

There was not a lot to be said about this specific morning, but Coyotefang could still think of several ways to be appreciative of it. The air was cool, but had no bite to it, and the WalkerClan deputy always did enjoy the strange feeling of early morning where almost nobody was awake. It was a good thing he never minded rising well and early, otherwise he wasn't sure how he would survive as deputy. However, as much as the tom would have liked to spend time admiring the atmosphere, there was a greater and more pressing issue to attend to.

The fresh-kill pile was abysmal. Pathetic, really. Coyotefang could not bring himself to be frustrated with the hunters, as usual, and found himself once again mourning the tendency for WalkerClan territory of only sustaining the cats by the skin of their teeth. Reluctant as he was to send the Defts anywhere, he knew that he wouldn't be able to kid himself any more than he already was.

At the sound of someone calling his name, the deputy swiveled his large ears toward the direction of the sound and peered out through the thorns. Mallow was up, of course. The brown tom started crawling through the thorns and arrived relatively unscathed on the other side, all the more grateful for his short fur- and dipped his head at the WalkerClan leader. They looked haggard and disheveled, but then again, didn't they all?

"Morning," the tom whispered, and flicked his tail toward the kill pile. "This is pretty sorry looking. I'll probably be sending Rattlebone and Duskrun out tonight." The tom looked over his leader's shoulder to make sure that nobody else was in the vicinity, before adding quietly,

"EdgeClan, I'm thinking. They seem to be doing alright despite coldsea."

With any luck, the other warriors might be able to find more insects and birds to the point where sending them would be unnecessary, even if for only a day. Coyotefang could only imagine the anxiety and mental strain of being a Deft, and though he knew that the Clan needed them, the thought of selecting another cat to fulfill the often unwanted role did his conscience no favors.

--

(EdgeClan)

Hollyeyes, in all truth, didn't mind coldsea. The cold kept things fresh for longer, and the sand always seemed to be far less obnoxious. And though the medicine cat didn't care for the aesthetic of dying herbs, he supposed that any medicine cat worth their whiskers would hope that they were never needed in a Clan. The white and orange cat narrowed his eyes at a defiant pile of sunreachers, and used a precise paw to adjust the stack to his satisfaction. How these things are perfect by the time he goes to sleep and then a mess by the time he wakes up, only SunClan knows. With a huff, he turned away and slipped toward the fresh-kill pile. There, Ploverkit was bothering Chicoryclaw, and the tom was almost about to turn right back around- but his rumbling stomach told him otherwise.

Hollyeyes slowly made his way over, giving Ploverkit plenty of space before settling across from them to pluck something small from the pile. He hadn't been productive yet, and he wasn't exactly the largest cat, so he didn't quite feel the need to fill himself up. The medicine cat peered closely at his fish, checking for irregularities, before starting the process of eating it from the base of the tail up. It wasn't exactly practical, and was a bit time consuming, but how else was he supposed to eat it? Not wanting to be entirely dismissive, though he certainly wouldn't have minded silence, the medicine cat swallowed his mouthful before nodding his head and mumbling,

"Good morning."
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
(I didn't catch that, @Foxbrush -That's for telling me! :) )
(I didn't catch that, @Foxbrush -That's for telling me! :) )
mnem
She/Her
Stag // Edgeclan
@Burnmoon @Dogsblubblub @SpottedSorex

Stag's never one to sleep past the moment the sun wakes, so he's been quietly scouting the camp from One Branch, though to the sides so no one mistakes his peaceful watch for an announcement (it's happened before - several times before - he's learned. Slowly.) He loves watching the dawn break through the gloom, loves watching his Clanmates emerge from their nests and go about their daily routines. The early morning is the only time Stag is ever quiet and still.

For all his bumbling energy, Stag can feel his age slowly catching up to him. The effects of Coldsea don't exactly help, his leg beginning to throb and ache the moment he wakes (only part of the reason why he wakes so early. He's still relatively young - just shy of being fifty (Fifty!) moons old, but he his age won't be decelerating. It's nerve-wracking, to say the least. Absolutely mortifying.

He watches Ploverkit tumble out into the open, childish squeaking making him purr as the kit played with a flower. No point in wallowing at his age when he has his Clanmates to live on in his stead, bringing the strength of the Clan in their hearts. He keeps an eye on the young cat, ready to help if he hurt himself, and settled as Ploverkit bounced for Chicoryclaw (whom Stag was very happy to see was up now). From the looks of it, everyone was beginning to stir and rise - and with them, Stag does so too.

With a long stretch and a wide yawn, the tom jumps off his perch and makes his way for the food pile as well, deciding to ignore his rumbling stomach no longer. He close enough that when Hollyeyes greets a good morning, Stag can reply without waking the entire camp and Walkerclan.

"Good morning, Hollyeyes, Chicoryclaw." he grunts, tail swishing as he dips his head at them before turning to the youngest of them, "And to you, Ploverkit! I love your flower; it's very pretty. I'm almost jealous I don't have one."

Firefox // Hillclan
@/SpottedSorex

Contrary to otherwise popular belief, Firefox was indeed a morning cat. Everyone only caught her in the mornings that were noisy and chaotic, everyone needing one thing or another. And it's understandable to be cranky when waking to a situation like that, shocked out of sleep and being told what to do without a moment's rest (or even a time to collect oneself). Of course she'd snap and yowl at everyone, of course that's what they base it on.

But when the mornings are quiet and the camp is peaceful, Firefox wakes slowly and happily, a purr rumbling low in her throat, thanking Sunclan for another safe rest.

She slides out of her nest, yawning and giving herself a quick groom. As much as she'd like to just curl up in her nest all day again, Firefox knew there were a few of her Clanmates out there who were too stubborn to seek help. With a quick check to Thrushpaw, Firefox decides to leave her apprentice be until he woke by himself. No reason to stop his growth.

Her first thought was to check on Blossomleaf, worried for the queen and her kits since the death of Blackleap, but once she'd heard another's voice - Wolfeyes, it seemed like - Firefox decided to leave the queen to the deputy. Perhaps she'd be able to do a better job at getting Blossomleaf to eat - truth be told, the mourning queen probably didn't need to deal with her attitude right now.

So it was that she spotted Dryvoice after a moment of stepping out further into the camp. The she-cat narrowed her eyes at the tom. To say the other look ruffled was being nice - he looked absolutely horrible. Even from here, nearly two coyote strides away from the Rough Foot, Firefox could see how dishelved the other way, could tell how much he'd been lacking in his self-care.

With a small snort, she stalked her way to him. "Dryvoice. What are you doing up? You looked horrible!" Firefox berated, tail a straight line to the sky and a little puffy with indignation. "Downright terrible. If you lay down beside carrion, we wouldn't know the difference."
Stag // Edgeclan
@Burnmoon @Dogsblubblub @SpottedSorex

Stag's never one to sleep past the moment the sun wakes, so he's been quietly scouting the camp from One Branch, though to the sides so no one mistakes his peaceful watch for an announcement (it's happened before - several times before - he's learned. Slowly.) He loves watching the dawn break through the gloom, loves watching his Clanmates emerge from their nests and go about their daily routines. The early morning is the only time Stag is ever quiet and still.

For all his bumbling energy, Stag can feel his age slowly catching up to him. The effects of Coldsea don't exactly help, his leg beginning to throb and ache the moment he wakes (only part of the reason why he wakes so early. He's still relatively young - just shy of being fifty (Fifty!) moons old, but he his age won't be decelerating. It's nerve-wracking, to say the least. Absolutely mortifying.

He watches Ploverkit tumble out into the open, childish squeaking making him purr as the kit played with a flower. No point in wallowing at his age when he has his Clanmates to live on in his stead, bringing the strength of the Clan in their hearts. He keeps an eye on the young cat, ready to help if he hurt himself, and settled as Ploverkit bounced for Chicoryclaw (whom Stag was very happy to see was up now). From the looks of it, everyone was beginning to stir and rise - and with them, Stag does so too.

With a long stretch and a wide yawn, the tom jumps off his perch and makes his way for the food pile as well, deciding to ignore his rumbling stomach no longer. He close enough that when Hollyeyes greets a good morning, Stag can reply without waking the entire camp and Walkerclan.

"Good morning, Hollyeyes, Chicoryclaw." he grunts, tail swishing as he dips his head at them before turning to the youngest of them, "And to you, Ploverkit! I love your flower; it's very pretty. I'm almost jealous I don't have one."

Firefox // Hillclan
@/SpottedSorex

Contrary to otherwise popular belief, Firefox was indeed a morning cat. Everyone only caught her in the mornings that were noisy and chaotic, everyone needing one thing or another. And it's understandable to be cranky when waking to a situation like that, shocked out of sleep and being told what to do without a moment's rest (or even a time to collect oneself). Of course she'd snap and yowl at everyone, of course that's what they base it on.

But when the mornings are quiet and the camp is peaceful, Firefox wakes slowly and happily, a purr rumbling low in her throat, thanking Sunclan for another safe rest.

She slides out of her nest, yawning and giving herself a quick groom. As much as she'd like to just curl up in her nest all day again, Firefox knew there were a few of her Clanmates out there who were too stubborn to seek help. With a quick check to Thrushpaw, Firefox decides to leave her apprentice be until he woke by himself. No reason to stop his growth.

Her first thought was to check on Blossomleaf, worried for the queen and her kits since the death of Blackleap, but once she'd heard another's voice - Wolfeyes, it seemed like - Firefox decided to leave the queen to the deputy. Perhaps she'd be able to do a better job at getting Blossomleaf to eat - truth be told, the mourning queen probably didn't need to deal with her attitude right now.

So it was that she spotted Dryvoice after a moment of stepping out further into the camp. The she-cat narrowed her eyes at the tom. To say the other look ruffled was being nice - he looked absolutely horrible. Even from here, nearly two coyote strides away from the Rough Foot, Firefox could see how dishelved the other way, could tell how much he'd been lacking in his self-care.

With a small snort, she stalked her way to him. "Dryvoice. What are you doing up? You looked horrible!" Firefox berated, tail a straight line to the sky and a little puffy with indignation. "Downright terrible. If you lay down beside carrion, we wouldn't know the difference."
FR +15 || Call me Kit or Tea!
Makibaka // Dare to Fight
Shoalclan

Conchtail just pressed her muzzle into his shoulder, purring lightly with mirth. "I'm sorry. I thought it would be a bit warmer; but, I suppose not. It was a rather abysmal experience- Good thing we're Feather Speakers, so we don't have to sleep like that all the time!" She said, cracking the large crab's shell with an expert paw. The soft and rubbery flesh was delicious. "As much as I'd prefer to go back to sleep in our own den, I do believe our friends will have something for us pertaining to the weather. It has been rather cloudy lately, in my opinion." Conchtail hopped gracefully onto a rather large rock on the edge of camp, looking to the horizon as beach winds ruffled her fur. "I see Eggsie; the big lump is always waiting for food." She chuckled. Hopping back down, she trotted over to where they sat and grabbed the last few pieces of her crab. "Here. Let me take the rest of the crab and bring it for the birds. It's the least I can do after last night." She purred, leaning against him.

Edgeclan

"Hi, Ploverkit. It is indeed a very nice flower, and today is a very fine day. I would love to play with you. Would you like to start the game?" He purred, getting up from his rabbit. It lay in scraps of meat and fur, with a few significant chunks catching his eye. "And would you like a nibble of the rest of my rabbit? I don't think I can finish it all.." Chichoryclaw said mournfully. He looked up to see Hollyeyes and Stag. "Good morning, Hollyeyes and Stag. Quite the nice sunrise, if I say so myself." The sunrise was indeed fine, and it's warmth was enough to shake him out of his cold shell.

Shoalclan

Conchtail just pressed her muzzle into his shoulder, purring lightly with mirth. "I'm sorry. I thought it would be a bit warmer; but, I suppose not. It was a rather abysmal experience- Good thing we're Feather Speakers, so we don't have to sleep like that all the time!" She said, cracking the large crab's shell with an expert paw. The soft and rubbery flesh was delicious. "As much as I'd prefer to go back to sleep in our own den, I do believe our friends will have something for us pertaining to the weather. It has been rather cloudy lately, in my opinion." Conchtail hopped gracefully onto a rather large rock on the edge of camp, looking to the horizon as beach winds ruffled her fur. "I see Eggsie; the big lump is always waiting for food." She chuckled. Hopping back down, she trotted over to where they sat and grabbed the last few pieces of her crab. "Here. Let me take the rest of the crab and bring it for the birds. It's the least I can do after last night." She purred, leaning against him.

Edgeclan

"Hi, Ploverkit. It is indeed a very nice flower, and today is a very fine day. I would love to play with you. Would you like to start the game?" He purred, getting up from his rabbit. It lay in scraps of meat and fur, with a few significant chunks catching his eye. "And would you like a nibble of the rest of my rabbit? I don't think I can finish it all.." Chichoryclaw said mournfully. He looked up to see Hollyeyes and Stag. "Good morning, Hollyeyes and Stag. Quite the nice sunrise, if I say so myself." The sunrise was indeed fine, and it's warmth was enough to shake him out of his cold shell.

mnem
She/Her
[Dawnsun Edgeclan Sunwatcher]

sleeping restlessly in her den. also snoring.

[Saltheart - Shoalclan Far Swimmer] [Mentions: fishkit, Starsplash]

Saltheart awoke to a world of blur and fog, but as they blinked into consciousness, the image slowly focused into the Far Swimmers den. The rumbling purr of Starsplash's gentle snoring was amplified in their small space, and while it was nice to be so warm, it was distracting and they couldn't get back to sleep. So, untangling themself from the pretzel of legs, Saltheart moved out into the open camp, letting the cool breeze wake them up a bit more.

Stretching, Saltheart turned to the sea. The sunrise was flanked by the last vestiges of pink, just creeping in onto the golden pallet, and the tide was high upon the peninsula. Bit too high for going out just yet they decided, turning back towards the clan.

It was probably a good thing. Saltheart had heard rumors that a kit - Fishkit - was interested in becoming a far-swimmer, and while she was far too young to be an apprentice, Saltheart wanted to talk with her. Find out a little more.

But that would have to wait a bit. Queens and kits needed their beauty sleep.

[Daybreak - Shoalclan Deputy]

Daybreak is sleeping like a log on his back. There is a live crab on his belly. He hasn't noticed.

[Mothwing- Walkerclan Warrior]

Still sleeping. She seems to be having a 'running dream' and her paws are batting as her dream-self runs.

(a grand total of 1 of my cats is a morning person. wow.)
[Dawnsun Edgeclan Sunwatcher]

sleeping restlessly in her den. also snoring.

[Saltheart - Shoalclan Far Swimmer] [Mentions: fishkit, Starsplash]

Saltheart awoke to a world of blur and fog, but as they blinked into consciousness, the image slowly focused into the Far Swimmers den. The rumbling purr of Starsplash's gentle snoring was amplified in their small space, and while it was nice to be so warm, it was distracting and they couldn't get back to sleep. So, untangling themself from the pretzel of legs, Saltheart moved out into the open camp, letting the cool breeze wake them up a bit more.

Stretching, Saltheart turned to the sea. The sunrise was flanked by the last vestiges of pink, just creeping in onto the golden pallet, and the tide was high upon the peninsula. Bit too high for going out just yet they decided, turning back towards the clan.

It was probably a good thing. Saltheart had heard rumors that a kit - Fishkit - was interested in becoming a far-swimmer, and while she was far too young to be an apprentice, Saltheart wanted to talk with her. Find out a little more.

But that would have to wait a bit. Queens and kits needed their beauty sleep.

[Daybreak - Shoalclan Deputy]

Daybreak is sleeping like a log on his back. There is a live crab on his belly. He hasn't noticed.

[Mothwing- Walkerclan Warrior]

Still sleeping. She seems to be having a 'running dream' and her paws are batting as her dream-self runs.

(a grand total of 1 of my cats is a morning person. wow.)
1 2 3 4 5