Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Among Demons 1x1 with foxflaim
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
"Yeah... I suppose. But I'd rather be doing everything on my own. Well... For the most part anyway..." Rubilax nodded slightly. "Mm... I can see why... I wouldn't want to do it unless I had no other option. But in a place full of demons like me, there's always some other option even if it isn't ideal and probably wouldn't last as long as one would like." Rubilax turned his head then, looking around a moment. Another nervous habit he hated having.

'Cut it out Ruby, you've got nothing to worry about unless demon hunters start turning up or something...' he thought to himself as he listened to Willis speak.

"Keep doing your best and you won't really get better, aim for something a bit more than the best you can do and you'll improve. Or at least, that's what I used to hear all the time when learning self defense." he laughed then, though it was very brief and sounded a bit odd as it was rather warm in tone. Not something someone would usually expect from a demon in Rubilax's own opinion. "No, no. Don't worry. I haven't really got anywhere I have to be. Nervous habit is all all that it is really. I'm not usually one for being in populated areas, I prefer small groups or complete solitude." he turned and pointed the way he had come from where the three story house his parents called their summer home was just visible.

"Unless you count trying to find someone to make a pact with, who isn't trying to find a very quick and simple deal, as having some place else to be." he added with a slight grin.

(Edit: You try and edit something because you noticed something looked a bit off... And I pressed 'Quote' instead of 'Edit' oops.... Sorry 'bout the ghost notification!)
"Yeah... I suppose. But I'd rather be doing everything on my own. Well... For the most part anyway..." Rubilax nodded slightly. "Mm... I can see why... I wouldn't want to do it unless I had no other option. But in a place full of demons like me, there's always some other option even if it isn't ideal and probably wouldn't last as long as one would like." Rubilax turned his head then, looking around a moment. Another nervous habit he hated having.

'Cut it out Ruby, you've got nothing to worry about unless demon hunters start turning up or something...' he thought to himself as he listened to Willis speak.

"Keep doing your best and you won't really get better, aim for something a bit more than the best you can do and you'll improve. Or at least, that's what I used to hear all the time when learning self defense." he laughed then, though it was very brief and sounded a bit odd as it was rather warm in tone. Not something someone would usually expect from a demon in Rubilax's own opinion. "No, no. Don't worry. I haven't really got anywhere I have to be. Nervous habit is all all that it is really. I'm not usually one for being in populated areas, I prefer small groups or complete solitude." he turned and pointed the way he had come from where the three story house his parents called their summer home was just visible.

"Unless you count trying to find someone to make a pact with, who isn't trying to find a very quick and simple deal, as having some place else to be." he added with a slight grin.

(Edit: You try and edit something because you noticed something looked a bit off... And I pressed 'Quote' instead of 'Edit' oops.... Sorry 'bout the ghost notification!)
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
Willis gave a small grin at the demon's 'advice'. It felt a little bit corny, or like something you would hear durring a motivational speech.
He turned to look at the three story home far down the street, where buildings had gone sparse. "There?" he said in a tone of obvious surprise. The demon looked important and uperclass, but he hadn't expected him to live in such a building. He felt his face go a bit hot as he realised the financial difference that must have lied between him.

"A long term pact? He asked, turning on his heels. "Like... The kind that involves rituals and stuff... Well... That's what I hear at least... But still... That's pretty odd... To be looking around here, at least... It isn't the best part of town..." he said, shifting nervous weight from foot. The idea of real pacts always frightened him for some reason. Childhood horror stories of humans turned into magical monsters because they broke the deal, or some kind of trama from their counterpart leaving or dieing.
He gave a quiet smile. "I don't think I've seen anyone ever go out of their way to find someone for an actual pact. Well... I don't think I've ever seen a pact other than the quick druggy ones, so I guess its not saying much
Willis gave a small grin at the demon's 'advice'. It felt a little bit corny, or like something you would hear durring a motivational speech.
He turned to look at the three story home far down the street, where buildings had gone sparse. "There?" he said in a tone of obvious surprise. The demon looked important and uperclass, but he hadn't expected him to live in such a building. He felt his face go a bit hot as he realised the financial difference that must have lied between him.

"A long term pact? He asked, turning on his heels. "Like... The kind that involves rituals and stuff... Well... That's what I hear at least... But still... That's pretty odd... To be looking around here, at least... It isn't the best part of town..." he said, shifting nervous weight from foot. The idea of real pacts always frightened him for some reason. Childhood horror stories of humans turned into magical monsters because they broke the deal, or some kind of trama from their counterpart leaving or dieing.
He gave a quiet smile. "I don't think I've seen anyone ever go out of their way to find someone for an actual pact. Well... I don't think I've ever seen a pact other than the quick druggy ones, so I guess its not saying much
Find me on DeviantArt: foxflaim
foxflaim_by_lunar_neo-d8as7ll.png
"Yup. Alone. Which, in all honesty, can get really creepy. Especially in the middle of the night when I'm up until midnight studying and the grandfather clock somewhere in the place starts chiming. Yeah... Not fun." he smiled slightly though, suggesting that what he said was suppose to be just a little amusing. If asked, Rubilax would probably say something about hating all the extra unneeded space. Considering it was pretty much just him. Sure his mother and father would visit on occasion, but those were rare. But since he wasn't really asked about such a thing, Rubilax didn't mention it.

Shrugging slightly, the male bobbed his head slightly in a nod. "Something like that. I'd rather not mention details unless you were interested in making one..." he noted the boy's nervous behavior and lightly patted his shoulder a second or two out of pure impulse. "But since you don't seem to be I'll look elsewhere. No point in making a deal if the person I'm trying to make a deal with is unwilling." he shrugged slightly again. "Eh. Actual pacts seem to be rare these days... The ones I typically see making them are for bodyguards or something similar." Rubilax responded, crossing his arms and looking around again. "Mm... Around here I can't say I'm surprised that all you've see are quick ones..."

(sometimes I really hate being a roleplayer with a very hyperactive muse at times Willis mentioned rituals for longer term pacts... Would actually making one have any negative side effects on the demon performing it? Since I'd imagine it'd use up their power supply could they potentially get ill from making a long term deal with someone depending on how much power they have to use to perform such a feat? (As in, the longer the term of the pact the more energy is used to bind it and the less long it is the less energy is used, etc. etc.) Or is that just a rumor and not actually true?

*shrugs* The former of the two would make more sense to me, personally. Give a reason as to why Willis hasn't seen anything other than a quick deal being made. That's just me though :\

Edit: Just saw that I forgot to add in a 'don't'... I swear, I have a brain! It just... Doesn't like working apparently...)
"Yup. Alone. Which, in all honesty, can get really creepy. Especially in the middle of the night when I'm up until midnight studying and the grandfather clock somewhere in the place starts chiming. Yeah... Not fun." he smiled slightly though, suggesting that what he said was suppose to be just a little amusing. If asked, Rubilax would probably say something about hating all the extra unneeded space. Considering it was pretty much just him. Sure his mother and father would visit on occasion, but those were rare. But since he wasn't really asked about such a thing, Rubilax didn't mention it.

Shrugging slightly, the male bobbed his head slightly in a nod. "Something like that. I'd rather not mention details unless you were interested in making one..." he noted the boy's nervous behavior and lightly patted his shoulder a second or two out of pure impulse. "But since you don't seem to be I'll look elsewhere. No point in making a deal if the person I'm trying to make a deal with is unwilling." he shrugged slightly again. "Eh. Actual pacts seem to be rare these days... The ones I typically see making them are for bodyguards or something similar." Rubilax responded, crossing his arms and looking around again. "Mm... Around here I can't say I'm surprised that all you've see are quick ones..."

(sometimes I really hate being a roleplayer with a very hyperactive muse at times Willis mentioned rituals for longer term pacts... Would actually making one have any negative side effects on the demon performing it? Since I'd imagine it'd use up their power supply could they potentially get ill from making a long term deal with someone depending on how much power they have to use to perform such a feat? (As in, the longer the term of the pact the more energy is used to bind it and the less long it is the less energy is used, etc. etc.) Or is that just a rumor and not actually true?

*shrugs* The former of the two would make more sense to me, personally. Give a reason as to why Willis hasn't seen anything other than a quick deal being made. That's just me though :\

Edit: Just saw that I forgot to add in a 'don't'... I swear, I have a brain! It just... Doesn't like working apparently...)
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
((Well what I have in mind, it was something like they exchange a part of themselves (blood or something) and that binds them together. From there it would be like they would draw out a lot of power from eachother which would be both exhausting for some time and leave the other vulnerable (and why the human would mutate since their body wouldn't be used to magic)) From there the power would sort of exchange between them and become stronger over time, but since theres a lot of room for problems (like one side being hurt or killed, or just breaking the deal)) then they'd be less popular.

If you don't like the idea, then we can yalk something else out. I'll get to my side of the rp when i get home))
((Well what I have in mind, it was something like they exchange a part of themselves (blood or something) and that binds them together. From there it would be like they would draw out a lot of power from eachother which would be both exhausting for some time and leave the other vulnerable (and why the human would mutate since their body wouldn't be used to magic)) From there the power would sort of exchange between them and become stronger over time, but since theres a lot of room for problems (like one side being hurt or killed, or just breaking the deal)) then they'd be less popular.

If you don't like the idea, then we can yalk something else out. I'll get to my side of the rp when i get home))
Willis looked at the demon as he patted him on the shoulder and frowned a bit. "Ah um.. I didn't say I was unwilling.... Er... Theres just a lot of stigma thats around pact making.... Some scary stories, and stuff like that..." He shrugged a little. "But I doubt you'd find anyone more willing to make a long term pact... At least a fair one.... Its kind of taboo, unless your middleclass or better... Social stuff. " He said. "Um... But hey... If your going to leave... Even if your not right now..." He pulled out a small card and handed it to the demon. "Give me a call some time, if you need something fixed... I know you could probably afford better, but I can be pretty short notice..." He said. "Anyway... If your looking for a long term pact with someone who you've never met... You might want to look faurther in town... I'd offer, but I really don't have anything to give..."
Willis looked at the demon as he patted him on the shoulder and frowned a bit. "Ah um.. I didn't say I was unwilling.... Er... Theres just a lot of stigma thats around pact making.... Some scary stories, and stuff like that..." He shrugged a little. "But I doubt you'd find anyone more willing to make a long term pact... At least a fair one.... Its kind of taboo, unless your middleclass or better... Social stuff. " He said. "Um... But hey... If your going to leave... Even if your not right now..." He pulled out a small card and handed it to the demon. "Give me a call some time, if you need something fixed... I know you could probably afford better, but I can be pretty short notice..." He said. "Anyway... If your looking for a long term pact with someone who you've never met... You might want to look faurther in town... I'd offer, but I really don't have anything to give..."
(Oooh. That makes sense and is pretty cool. By 'other' (and by what you said after) I assume you mean the human? Using blood would be interesting, being that I do believe blood oaths actually exist.

No worries! I like the idea. There's a show I half grew up watching called Charmed and so I was kinda thinking that it was some sort of spell or magic circle like ritual that'd possibly drain the demon's magic/power supply a great deal is all. *shrugs* That's just me though and as I said before, I liked the one you had as well.)

Rubilax silently cursed at himself for such an impulse when he had noticed he did it, being that he didn't even really know why. Nevertheless he nodded slightly in understanding. "Tis why I said that you didn't seem to be. Either way, that makes some sense. I don't recall any horrible stories of making such a pact... But that could just be me having had grown up around successful ones and no one telling me anything different." he sighed. "The curse of being upperclass sometimes..." taking the card Rubilax looked it over with a slight frown. "Will do. Though I don't usually need anything fixed." he shrugged. "It's easier going to someone I already know, to be completely honest. I don't much like places with lots of people..."

He nodded again. "Thanks for the advice, I'll gladly take any I can get at this point..." he paused a minute, looking around in slight confusion before lightly shaking his head. Reaching up to brush a bit of hair out of his face, he continued. "Being that I've never actually made an official deal, I wouldn't know what people usually offer outside of what I remember my parents getting offered at times. Most of the time it involved guarding the house I grew up in. And before you ask, it wasn't the one I currently live in."

(Security ping: @foxflaim
I've been subscribed to a thread and not had the notification for it go through so... Sorry if this was severely unneeded, just wanted to make sure you got it is all...)
(Oooh. That makes sense and is pretty cool. By 'other' (and by what you said after) I assume you mean the human? Using blood would be interesting, being that I do believe blood oaths actually exist.

No worries! I like the idea. There's a show I half grew up watching called Charmed and so I was kinda thinking that it was some sort of spell or magic circle like ritual that'd possibly drain the demon's magic/power supply a great deal is all. *shrugs* That's just me though and as I said before, I liked the one you had as well.)

Rubilax silently cursed at himself for such an impulse when he had noticed he did it, being that he didn't even really know why. Nevertheless he nodded slightly in understanding. "Tis why I said that you didn't seem to be. Either way, that makes some sense. I don't recall any horrible stories of making such a pact... But that could just be me having had grown up around successful ones and no one telling me anything different." he sighed. "The curse of being upperclass sometimes..." taking the card Rubilax looked it over with a slight frown. "Will do. Though I don't usually need anything fixed." he shrugged. "It's easier going to someone I already know, to be completely honest. I don't much like places with lots of people..."

He nodded again. "Thanks for the advice, I'll gladly take any I can get at this point..." he paused a minute, looking around in slight confusion before lightly shaking his head. Reaching up to brush a bit of hair out of his face, he continued. "Being that I've never actually made an official deal, I wouldn't know what people usually offer outside of what I remember my parents getting offered at times. Most of the time it involved guarding the house I grew up in. And before you ask, it wasn't the one I currently live in."

(Security ping: @foxflaim
I've been subscribed to a thread and not had the notification for it go through so... Sorry if this was severely unneeded, just wanted to make sure you got it is all...)
((I've gotten it. I'm just a little busy with stuff. Its prom tonight :P

And we can always but out some small details to pacts as we go along))

Willis felt somewhat relieved as the demon took his card and mentioned prefering someone he knew. Better odds for him, right? He rubbed his head as he thought about what he might be able to offer to someone. "Well, I hear that money and power are common things... Or maybe, depending on you you ask, it would be a comfortable life? I don't know.." He shrugged.
((I've gotten it. I'm just a little busy with stuff. Its prom tonight :P

And we can always but out some small details to pacts as we go along))

Willis felt somewhat relieved as the demon took his card and mentioned prefering someone he knew. Better odds for him, right? He rubbed his head as he thought about what he might be able to offer to someone. "Well, I hear that money and power are common things... Or maybe, depending on you you ask, it would be a comfortable life? I don't know.." He shrugged.
(Oh! Congrats! *feels bad for being insecure because I've had a roleplay partner just drop the roleplay with no notice or anything despite me really wanting to do the roleplay we had been doing and I'm always nervous I might offend the person I'm roleplaying with somehow without even knowing I did* I don't get to do prom because online classes are totally awesomesuck...

That's true, I'll probably start spouting things out at three am my time (I'm two hours ahead of FR time, btw) due to random ideas...)

Slipping the card into his pocket, Rubilax shrugged himself. "Like you said, it depends on the person you ask. Though money and power are probably the most likely to be used, yes..." he hummed slightly in thought a moment. "Anyway... Best be off. I'd like this to be done before the day's end." bowing slightly, Rubilax smiled just a little. "It was nice meeting you Willis. Hopefully we'll see each other around sometime, it was nice talking to you." he straightened up and started walking away then.
(Oh! Congrats! *feels bad for being insecure because I've had a roleplay partner just drop the roleplay with no notice or anything despite me really wanting to do the roleplay we had been doing and I'm always nervous I might offend the person I'm roleplaying with somehow without even knowing I did* I don't get to do prom because online classes are totally awesomesuck...

That's true, I'll probably start spouting things out at three am my time (I'm two hours ahead of FR time, btw) due to random ideas...)

Slipping the card into his pocket, Rubilax shrugged himself. "Like you said, it depends on the person you ask. Though money and power are probably the most likely to be used, yes..." he hummed slightly in thought a moment. "Anyway... Best be off. I'd like this to be done before the day's end." bowing slightly, Rubilax smiled just a little. "It was nice meeting you Willis. Hopefully we'll see each other around sometime, it was nice talking to you." he straightened up and started walking away then.
(Thanks.. And don't worry, I'm generally 3 hours ahead of FR time)

Willis nodded as the demon started off and he turned on his own way. Part of him was ligidimently curious about making a deal, but it would be both rude and weird to ask. On top of that, he wan'ted to see the massive house in the distance, but again, that would be weird to ask. He chuckled to himself as he walked. For all he knew, te demon could have secretly been part of the mob or something. He gave one more glance back before he headed on his own way.
(Thanks.. And don't worry, I'm generally 3 hours ahead of FR time)

Willis nodded as the demon started off and he turned on his own way. Part of him was ligidimently curious about making a deal, but it would be both rude and weird to ask. On top of that, he wan'ted to see the massive house in the distance, but again, that would be weird to ask. He chuckled to himself as he walked. For all he knew, te demon could have secretly been part of the mob or something. He gave one more glance back before he headed on his own way.
(Sorry for responding late! I couldn't figure out how for awhile there...)

Turning down one of the roads, and disappearing from sight, Rubilax sighed softly and let out a yawn as he walked. Who knew trying to find someone nice enough to make a long term pact, who wasn't just going to break it, was so hard... Stopping for a few moments to stretch, the male looked around. Though he wasn't too far into town just yet, so he probably wouldn't find someone here. Unfortunately.

'I wanted to get this done before the day's end... Though it seems like I'll have to continue tomorrow as well if this keeps up...' it was still pretty early in the day, but if he couldn't find someone somewhat soon then he'd have to start heading home.
(Sorry for responding late! I couldn't figure out how for awhile there...)

Turning down one of the roads, and disappearing from sight, Rubilax sighed softly and let out a yawn as he walked. Who knew trying to find someone nice enough to make a long term pact, who wasn't just going to break it, was so hard... Stopping for a few moments to stretch, the male looked around. Though he wasn't too far into town just yet, so he probably wouldn't find someone here. Unfortunately.

'I wanted to get this done before the day's end... Though it seems like I'll have to continue tomorrow as well if this keeps up...' it was still pretty early in the day, but if he couldn't find someone somewhat soon then he'd have to start heading home.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32