Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Looking for...
1 2
Hey there! I'm looking for someone to do a 1x1 RP with me, and is willing to accept that life sometimes gets in the way. I have a bunch of potential plot starts. I keep odd hours, and my posts vary in length. I'm looking for someone who is literate and willing to have fun with it. I'm good with everything from goofy nonsense to deadly serious plots. I'm even open for character building/practicing. I'm willing to have more than one going.
Hey there! I'm looking for someone to do a 1x1 RP with me, and is willing to accept that life sometimes gets in the way. I have a bunch of potential plot starts. I keep odd hours, and my posts vary in length. I'm looking for someone who is literate and willing to have fun with it. I'm good with everything from goofy nonsense to deadly serious plots. I'm even open for character building/practicing. I'm willing to have more than one going.
You can call me Fire. I am +3 FR time and 21+ years old.tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko2_500.png
@Firedrakegirl

Interesting. There have been times where I have been known to be busy and have difficulty figuring what to write such that reply takes a couple of months. Heh.
I'm having trouble finding it now, but at one point I know I saw a rule that said that so long as a post to a thread is made within three months of the last time someone posted, I believe it is acceptable.
So long as I have a guideline for when/if I should nudge you with a reminder, I don't have a problem with a roleplay not being fast-paced.

Could you clarify what you mean by literate? Since coming to FR I've encountered two meanings here: one which has high standards regarding lack of proof-reading errors and the other requiring consistent 400-600+ word essays for every post or something like that. Regarding the former, I like to think I'm generally quite decent at proof-reading my writing (it may be that I spot a bunch of errors after posting and subsequently edit.). However, I cannot guarantee lengthy posts all the time.
If you like, you can look at the last two threads I've roleplayed in to see how my post lengths vary: a private roleplay and a festival roleplay.
@Firedrakegirl

Interesting. There have been times where I have been known to be busy and have difficulty figuring what to write such that reply takes a couple of months. Heh.
I'm having trouble finding it now, but at one point I know I saw a rule that said that so long as a post to a thread is made within three months of the last time someone posted, I believe it is acceptable.
So long as I have a guideline for when/if I should nudge you with a reminder, I don't have a problem with a roleplay not being fast-paced.

Could you clarify what you mean by literate? Since coming to FR I've encountered two meanings here: one which has high standards regarding lack of proof-reading errors and the other requiring consistent 400-600+ word essays for every post or something like that. Regarding the former, I like to think I'm generally quite decent at proof-reading my writing (it may be that I spot a bunch of errors after posting and subsequently edit.). However, I cannot guarantee lengthy posts all the time.
If you like, you can look at the last two threads I've roleplayed in to see how my post lengths vary: a private roleplay and a festival roleplay.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stanzascale By literate I mean proper grammar and mostly correct spelling. I know people make mistakes, and that's fine. I suck at spelling myself. And as to varying lengths, depending on what's going on, my posts can be anywhere from one short paragraph to several. I've only just started role playing on here so I can't show you mine. Sorry!
@Stanzascale By literate I mean proper grammar and mostly correct spelling. I know people make mistakes, and that's fine. I suck at spelling myself. And as to varying lengths, depending on what's going on, my posts can be anywhere from one short paragraph to several. I've only just started role playing on here so I can't show you mine. Sorry!
You can call me Fire. I am +3 FR time and 21+ years old.tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko2_500.png
@Firedrakegirl

Sounds very reasonable to me. Though I'm sticking my nose into threads like this, I admit I'd prefer to wait until after Wavecrest (and hence the festival event I'm currently roleplaying in) ends before beginning an actual roleplay. Whatever happens in the end, I am definitely interested in bouncing ideas around.
Funny thing: Shadow is the second-most common element in my Light lair, heh. Yes, I feel I should clarify that I prefer roleplays that allow me to use FR characters (so it doesn't necessarily have to be on canonical Sornieth). Designing humanoid characters makes me nervous.

Sorry if it's not necessarily all that inspiring sounding, but I can remark some of the characters I have who may travel or otherwise find themselves in the Tangled Wood.
One interested in travelling to areas of magical intensity. A pair of Beastclan ambassadors who seek out clans from both sides who are open to forming peaceful relations. A Shadow-born Guardian. There's also a quartet of Mirrors (top row of my first lair-page) who at one point travel through the Wood and acquire Driftwood Baron venom during that time (they also have to travel back through to the Ruins at a later point, but have an extra party-member with them). I've been poking at some ideas for a Shadow dragon recently. So though I don't know whether there was a time before her previous clan (in other words, I'm unsure whether or not it's her birth-clan), there is a period between leaving that clan (taking her two juvenile offspring) and reaching the Sunbeam Ruins which can be played with. At some point I should think about roleplaying with my 'Phantom Thief'. She looks fun and I'll worry about messing it up. XD

Generally every non-Light dragon in my lair (the exceptions being Ubwin, Orssiel, Ryndlite, Triss and Myzrin) has a decent chance, if not guarantee, of having been to the Tangled Wood at some point.
@Firedrakegirl

Sounds very reasonable to me. Though I'm sticking my nose into threads like this, I admit I'd prefer to wait until after Wavecrest (and hence the festival event I'm currently roleplaying in) ends before beginning an actual roleplay. Whatever happens in the end, I am definitely interested in bouncing ideas around.
Funny thing: Shadow is the second-most common element in my Light lair, heh. Yes, I feel I should clarify that I prefer roleplays that allow me to use FR characters (so it doesn't necessarily have to be on canonical Sornieth). Designing humanoid characters makes me nervous.

Sorry if it's not necessarily all that inspiring sounding, but I can remark some of the characters I have who may travel or otherwise find themselves in the Tangled Wood.
One interested in travelling to areas of magical intensity. A pair of Beastclan ambassadors who seek out clans from both sides who are open to forming peaceful relations. A Shadow-born Guardian. There's also a quartet of Mirrors (top row of my first lair-page) who at one point travel through the Wood and acquire Driftwood Baron venom during that time (they also have to travel back through to the Ruins at a later point, but have an extra party-member with them). I've been poking at some ideas for a Shadow dragon recently. So though I don't know whether there was a time before her previous clan (in other words, I'm unsure whether or not it's her birth-clan), there is a period between leaving that clan (taking her two juvenile offspring) and reaching the Sunbeam Ruins which can be played with. At some point I should think about roleplaying with my 'Phantom Thief'. She looks fun and I'll worry about messing it up. XD

Generally every non-Light dragon in my lair (the exceptions being Ubwin, Orssiel, Ryndlite, Triss and Myzrin) has a decent chance, if not guarantee, of having been to the Tangled Wood at some point.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stanzascale I'm perfectly fine waiting until after the festival. I'm in the midst of finals at the moment, so that works well for me. I'm nearing the end, so I wanted to start looking now. I am, mostly, looking for dragon RPs as well. I have tons of humanish characters (and demons and gods and the like) but I want to explore more dragon characters than the handful I have outside of this site.

As to your dragons visiting the Tangled Wood, I also have a few that tend to get lost for various reasons, so that could also be a thing. I've given two of mine my complete lack of a sense of direction, one has luck even worse than mine (which is saying something), and a handful who are just curious or forgetful enough to manage it. So given the info about your dragons and mine, I can think of a few ways for ours to meet.
@Stanzascale I'm perfectly fine waiting until after the festival. I'm in the midst of finals at the moment, so that works well for me. I'm nearing the end, so I wanted to start looking now. I am, mostly, looking for dragon RPs as well. I have tons of humanish characters (and demons and gods and the like) but I want to explore more dragon characters than the handful I have outside of this site.

As to your dragons visiting the Tangled Wood, I also have a few that tend to get lost for various reasons, so that could also be a thing. I've given two of mine my complete lack of a sense of direction, one has luck even worse than mine (which is saying something), and a handful who are just curious or forgetful enough to manage it. So given the info about your dragons and mine, I can think of a few ways for ours to meet.
@Firedrakegirl

Hm. Yes there are quite a few possibilities if we both have several characters who are not bound to their Flight's realm. A meeting at a fishing spot, encountering a picnic, an auction of things that some clan considers too difficult to take with them on their move, a marketplace, a public library, an expedition...

Uh, sorry for my social uncertainty, but I'm not sure what I should add next, bar to ask whether you have any scenarios of interest in mind, and toss around more ideas. ^^;
@Firedrakegirl

Hm. Yes there are quite a few possibilities if we both have several characters who are not bound to their Flight's realm. A meeting at a fishing spot, encountering a picnic, an auction of things that some clan considers too difficult to take with them on their move, a marketplace, a public library, an expedition...

Uh, sorry for my social uncertainty, but I'm not sure what I should add next, bar to ask whether you have any scenarios of interest in mind, and toss around more ideas. ^^;
It's kind of funny. I was thinking the same thing. I am so not good in social situations, whether they're digital or in real life. ^_^;
It's kind of funny. I was thinking the same thing. I am so not good in social situations, whether they're digital or in real life. ^_^;
@Firedrakegirl

Ah. X) Well then, my comrade of awkwardness, feel free to share your own ideas for settings/meeting circumstances and/or any preferences you might have for setting/dragons to meet. (I get the feeling we're both going to be hilariously indecisive too. X,D)
@Firedrakegirl

Ah. X) Well then, my comrade of awkwardness, feel free to share your own ideas for settings/meeting circumstances and/or any preferences you might have for setting/dragons to meet. (I get the feeling we're both going to be hilariously indecisive too. X,D)
@Stanzascale I get the same feeling. Hopefully our dragons will have a better idea of how to be social and make decisions.

I have no real preferences, but I can give you a few tidbits about various dragons and we can go from there? Maybe see how they'd get along?

@Stanzascale I get the same feeling. Hopefully our dragons will have a better idea of how to be social and make decisions.

I have no real preferences, but I can give you a few tidbits about various dragons and we can go from there? Maybe see how they'd get along?

@Firedrakegirl

My characters vary in social aptitude/awkwardness and decisiveness. So maybe I should leave out Molerince. X,D

I'd love to hear about your characters. :)

I'll also remark on some thoughts I've had. One was an idea for some kind of event put on my clan as a form of protest against the stigma that some associate Shadow dragons and their deity with the Shade (I only heard about this relatively recently and find it nonsensical). I mean the clan may have met the odd bad-egg but the clan-members who are of the Shadow element are well-respected.
The image of the set up being an open area on the exterior of the clan dwellings with various clan members wandering around, hanging around chattering, expressing their thoughts, going about their daily lives (the field and bath-house are situated thereabouts).

A variation on that for something less ambitious was a mental image I had of one of my Fae going back to the library he used to be part of and complaining about such things, heh.

One recommendation I can think of is to maybe avoid the Scarred Wasteland, pretty much because of how dangerous it is. ^^;
For some time I've had some thoughts about things that might befall Shunic while he's travelling from the Windswept Plateau anti-clockwise towards the Sunbeam Ruins (in other words, before he encounters the clan for the first time). One of those ideas was to do with signing up to an expedition into an abandoned Lightning lair. (The realm's Boss wanting that workspace and its resources reclaimed, heh.)
@Firedrakegirl

My characters vary in social aptitude/awkwardness and decisiveness. So maybe I should leave out Molerince. X,D

I'd love to hear about your characters. :)

I'll also remark on some thoughts I've had. One was an idea for some kind of event put on my clan as a form of protest against the stigma that some associate Shadow dragons and their deity with the Shade (I only heard about this relatively recently and find it nonsensical). I mean the clan may have met the odd bad-egg but the clan-members who are of the Shadow element are well-respected.
The image of the set up being an open area on the exterior of the clan dwellings with various clan members wandering around, hanging around chattering, expressing their thoughts, going about their daily lives (the field and bath-house are situated thereabouts).

A variation on that for something less ambitious was a mental image I had of one of my Fae going back to the library he used to be part of and complaining about such things, heh.

One recommendation I can think of is to maybe avoid the Scarred Wasteland, pretty much because of how dangerous it is. ^^;
For some time I've had some thoughts about things that might befall Shunic while he's travelling from the Windswept Plateau anti-clockwise towards the Sunbeam Ruins (in other words, before he encounters the clan for the first time). One of those ideas was to do with signing up to an expedition into an abandoned Lightning lair. (The realm's Boss wanting that workspace and its resources reclaimed, heh.)
1 2