Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Skyrim Romance (Closed!)
1 2 3 4
@Cinber
Juno smiled slightly, relieved that he had agreed to wear the armour. It felt vital, somehow, that he survived. She wanted to feel angry at herself, frustrated that she was giving the armour away to him, but she felt like the compromise of him bringing it back was fair. She couldn't bring herself to feel the hatred she would have normally felt- when she dug deep within, all she really felt was sadness. That, at least, was normal, at least in this situation.

Her ears twitched as she heard a fire being stoked. The sound reminded her of the fact that she hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. Her ears flattened as she realized her only septims were in a bag by her feet, destined to be returned. With a sigh, she thought of the food in her satchel, and realized that would likely have to be returned as well. She resigned herself to hunger until she could find food that wasn't stolen. There was no way she could get anything here, and she wasn't resorting to begging. Her trips to the other bandit encampments had taught her about hunger, since her food stores were never enough on the longer trips. Scavenged berries and drinks from brooks could only get you so far. Although in recent years, their plunder had been enough to get them more food than usual, before that their meals had always been scant, or nonexistent. She could survive a little while longer without anything.

Her breath caught in her throat at the mention of high hrothgar. Of course he was travelling there. From the books they had plundered, she'd learned of them- grey-hooded monks whose voices were too powerful for any normal person to listen to. That would make sense- they had something in common, since both of them had abnormally powerful voices. As she mulled over this, he added something else, and her attention snapped back to him. "A partner?" The idea was alarming, but intriguing. His wording made her chuckle, and she considered his offer. The steps up to high hrothgar were treacherous, and frequented by pilgrims. She wouldn't be able to sneak there, and she might end up being more of a liability than a help. On the other hand, she had this strange feeling still, a desire to keep this strange khajiit safe. Perhaps that would help her fight. She had never had anything to fight for before. The feeling was uncomfortable, and she shook her head to clear it.

"If it wouldn't bother you, I would like to come. Although it's more of a nord thing, I would like to make that pilgrimage. To see the inside... do you think they would allow me in, if I was with you? Nobody would believe me if I to-" She flinched and stopped talking. She had nobody to tell. The thought was a painful reminder, and her ears flattened against her head, as if that would block out the memories. She uncomfortably wrapped an arm around herself, and cleared her throat. "Anyways." For a moment, she gazed outside, focusing on a small white bird. It dipped and soared far above the market, revelling in the joy of flight, the sun warming its gentle wings. She envied it, far above, without a care or worry in the world.

She realized she had been silent for several moments, and she went red, annoyed at herself at how stupid she probably looked. "They're probably cooking breakfast in there. I can wait in the market while you eat. When you're done, I would appreciate some help in returning what I took. It's going to be hard to get in there a second time. Unless you have a better idea?" She was speaking in a monotone tone, biting her lip to distract herself from the thoughts clouding her mind. She shut her eyes for a moment, frustrated at her current situation, angry that she couldn't even pay for a meal. It was infinitely easier to steal- Skyrim was not hospitable to khajiit. She doubted she could even work to earn money for food in a city that normally didn't even allow her kind in. Nobody would hire her. It angered her that she was stuck in such a useless loop, and she wondered when she would next have a chance to earn an honest septim. It seemed like a laughable concept. Her claws twitched and dug into her skin, and she turned her gaze to the window again. She needed a way to distract herself. Perhaps this trip would be that distraction. Her companion would at least be a fellow khajiit, which comforted her. At least he would likely understand.

((How are you feeling? Getting any better?))
@Cinber
Juno smiled slightly, relieved that he had agreed to wear the armour. It felt vital, somehow, that he survived. She wanted to feel angry at herself, frustrated that she was giving the armour away to him, but she felt like the compromise of him bringing it back was fair. She couldn't bring herself to feel the hatred she would have normally felt- when she dug deep within, all she really felt was sadness. That, at least, was normal, at least in this situation.

Her ears twitched as she heard a fire being stoked. The sound reminded her of the fact that she hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. Her ears flattened as she realized her only septims were in a bag by her feet, destined to be returned. With a sigh, she thought of the food in her satchel, and realized that would likely have to be returned as well. She resigned herself to hunger until she could find food that wasn't stolen. There was no way she could get anything here, and she wasn't resorting to begging. Her trips to the other bandit encampments had taught her about hunger, since her food stores were never enough on the longer trips. Scavenged berries and drinks from brooks could only get you so far. Although in recent years, their plunder had been enough to get them more food than usual, before that their meals had always been scant, or nonexistent. She could survive a little while longer without anything.

Her breath caught in her throat at the mention of high hrothgar. Of course he was travelling there. From the books they had plundered, she'd learned of them- grey-hooded monks whose voices were too powerful for any normal person to listen to. That would make sense- they had something in common, since both of them had abnormally powerful voices. As she mulled over this, he added something else, and her attention snapped back to him. "A partner?" The idea was alarming, but intriguing. His wording made her chuckle, and she considered his offer. The steps up to high hrothgar were treacherous, and frequented by pilgrims. She wouldn't be able to sneak there, and she might end up being more of a liability than a help. On the other hand, she had this strange feeling still, a desire to keep this strange khajiit safe. Perhaps that would help her fight. She had never had anything to fight for before. The feeling was uncomfortable, and she shook her head to clear it.

"If it wouldn't bother you, I would like to come. Although it's more of a nord thing, I would like to make that pilgrimage. To see the inside... do you think they would allow me in, if I was with you? Nobody would believe me if I to-" She flinched and stopped talking. She had nobody to tell. The thought was a painful reminder, and her ears flattened against her head, as if that would block out the memories. She uncomfortably wrapped an arm around herself, and cleared her throat. "Anyways." For a moment, she gazed outside, focusing on a small white bird. It dipped and soared far above the market, revelling in the joy of flight, the sun warming its gentle wings. She envied it, far above, without a care or worry in the world.

She realized she had been silent for several moments, and she went red, annoyed at herself at how stupid she probably looked. "They're probably cooking breakfast in there. I can wait in the market while you eat. When you're done, I would appreciate some help in returning what I took. It's going to be hard to get in there a second time. Unless you have a better idea?" She was speaking in a monotone tone, biting her lip to distract herself from the thoughts clouding her mind. She shut her eyes for a moment, frustrated at her current situation, angry that she couldn't even pay for a meal. It was infinitely easier to steal- Skyrim was not hospitable to khajiit. She doubted she could even work to earn money for food in a city that normally didn't even allow her kind in. Nobody would hire her. It angered her that she was stuck in such a useless loop, and she wondered when she would next have a chance to earn an honest septim. It seemed like a laughable concept. Her claws twitched and dug into her skin, and she turned her gaze to the window again. She needed a way to distract herself. Perhaps this trip would be that distraction. Her companion would at least be a fellow khajiit, which comforted her. At least he would likely understand.

((How are you feeling? Getting any better?))
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
(( @Foxe I'm feeling much better, thank you for being patient with me! ))

J'kaza smiled widely when she agreed to come with. He liked the idea of having someone to talk to over what might be a long trip. Traveling alone gave him time alone with his thoughts, but it got lonely very quickly and most of his thoughts were not pleasant ones. Her question about the Greybeards gave him pause and he scratched his chin again in thought. "I don't know who the Greybeards do and don't let into their monastery, but I would hope they wouldn't force you to sit alone in the cold." Surely they would have some place for her to stay if they wanted to speak to him in private.

He watched her stare out the window, his fingers idling on his chin. The way the soft morning sunlight highlighted her features brought a funny, bubbly feeling to his chest. He felt that he could watch her for hours and never tire of it. Her whiskers, her cheekbones, the way the light reflected off her dark brown fur and bright orange eyes... When she looked away from the window he awkwardly cleared his throat and looked at her feet, his face quickly turning bright red. He prayed to the Eight that she didn't realize he'd been staring, for the second time in two days. He hated how his light fur did nothing to hide the blush in his cheeks.

He cleared his throat again before answering her. "Do you not want breakfast? I'd be happy to get you something. It's not expensive or anything." He knew she must have been hungry. Even if she ate the night before, who wasn't hungry in the morning? It was the most important meal of the day, after all. "I can't guarantee it'll be the best thing you've ever eaten, but it'll warm you up and keep you full." Nords seemed averse to using any seasoning other than salt, but their food was certainly hearty and could keep a person going all day.

"As for returning the money..." He tapped his foot as he thought it over. "I could talk to the guards and ask what they know about the break-in. Then I could speak with the family, and while everyone is distracted by me you could sneak in and find somewhere to put the gold." But even if the plan went off without a hitch, the guards would surely be suspicious that a break-in occurred the same day that he brought in a strange Khajiit. They'd have plenty of questions--and accusations--for him about who she was. He could come up with some decent lies on the spot, the problem would be keeping track of his story. He'd have to get his story straight with her before they went about their...reverse-heist.

"The guards will want to know more about you, and how I know you..." He laughed to himself when he realized something. "I guess I should know your name first and foremost."
(( @Foxe I'm feeling much better, thank you for being patient with me! ))

J'kaza smiled widely when she agreed to come with. He liked the idea of having someone to talk to over what might be a long trip. Traveling alone gave him time alone with his thoughts, but it got lonely very quickly and most of his thoughts were not pleasant ones. Her question about the Greybeards gave him pause and he scratched his chin again in thought. "I don't know who the Greybeards do and don't let into their monastery, but I would hope they wouldn't force you to sit alone in the cold." Surely they would have some place for her to stay if they wanted to speak to him in private.

He watched her stare out the window, his fingers idling on his chin. The way the soft morning sunlight highlighted her features brought a funny, bubbly feeling to his chest. He felt that he could watch her for hours and never tire of it. Her whiskers, her cheekbones, the way the light reflected off her dark brown fur and bright orange eyes... When she looked away from the window he awkwardly cleared his throat and looked at her feet, his face quickly turning bright red. He prayed to the Eight that she didn't realize he'd been staring, for the second time in two days. He hated how his light fur did nothing to hide the blush in his cheeks.

He cleared his throat again before answering her. "Do you not want breakfast? I'd be happy to get you something. It's not expensive or anything." He knew she must have been hungry. Even if she ate the night before, who wasn't hungry in the morning? It was the most important meal of the day, after all. "I can't guarantee it'll be the best thing you've ever eaten, but it'll warm you up and keep you full." Nords seemed averse to using any seasoning other than salt, but their food was certainly hearty and could keep a person going all day.

"As for returning the money..." He tapped his foot as he thought it over. "I could talk to the guards and ask what they know about the break-in. Then I could speak with the family, and while everyone is distracted by me you could sneak in and find somewhere to put the gold." But even if the plan went off without a hitch, the guards would surely be suspicious that a break-in occurred the same day that he brought in a strange Khajiit. They'd have plenty of questions--and accusations--for him about who she was. He could come up with some decent lies on the spot, the problem would be keeping track of his story. He'd have to get his story straight with her before they went about their...reverse-heist.

"The guards will want to know more about you, and how I know you..." He laughed to himself when he realized something. "I guess I should know your name first and foremost."
@Cinber

Juno felt taken aback at the offer. "You'd... buy me something?" She wasn't certain how to feel, although her loudly grumbling stomach had already made the decision for her. It was an odd feeling that filled her as she looked at him, almost uncomfortable, and she found herself blushing slightly as she looked at him in silence. She noticed the same redness to his cheeks, and felt the feeling intensify to a startling degree. "Thank you. I would appreciate that." She stared at the floor, a knot in the wood suddenly becoming incredibly fascinating. "I suppose I am a bit hungry." She hoped that her stomach wouldn't be loud enough to betray how much of an exaggeration that was.

She smiled a bit, absentmindedly, and although her emotions were a tangled mess, she couldn't help but feel rather happy about how things were going at the moment. She had loved her father, but they had really only been close when she was a child. Later in life she became more of a pawn, sent away for long periods to steal for him. The feeling was almost sickening as she realized how much she'd been used, and she quickly looked up again and focused on him. She would spare no more time for such depressing thoughts.

As he formulated a plan for her to return the stolen goods, she listened quite intently. It was better than the one she had come up with on her own earlier, and she found herself nodding. "It will keep you out of danger as I deal with my own mess." She sighed softly, although the idea of it all almost make her laugh. It was such an odd situation, it was hard not to find it comical.

His question surprised her, and she realized that she didn't know his name either. Feeling so familiar around someone so unfamiliar was quite odd for her. "It's... Juno." She felt, for the first time in her life, slightly embarrassed about her non-traditional name. There was a meaning behind it, as with all names, but she'd tell him about it only if he asked. She looked up to gauge his reaction, and then stopped. Why should it matter? With a small shake of her head, she ignored the desire to see his reaction, and then continued speaking. "What's your name? It would feel rather odd to have to keep having to ask if anyone's seen a handsome young khajiit whenever I need to find you." Immediately after she said it, she regretted it, and bit down on her tongue. She had just wanted to be honest, but not that honest. He didn't need to know the exact descriptors. Although she felt mortified, she felt as if the best course of action was to just shrug it off, as if it was a completely regular remark. She smiled awkwardly, although she felt like withering on the spot, and continued quickly before he could comment on it.

"About what you should tell them... perhaps I was a traveler on the road, who had been attacked by a saber cat and left for dead? You healed my wounds to the best of your abilities, but I still required some help from the temple priestess." Juno began to get excited once again. She had always loved making up stories, and she had a imagination that was beyond wild. "Maybe I was a simple merchant who was attacked by thieves, who also stole my wares." She considered for a brief moment the idea of claiming they were siblings, but she felt violent aversion to the idea. "Or you could come up with someone else, something better." The comforting smell of food wafted into the room from the door, which was open a crack. "Perhaps we should discuss it over a meal?" Her stomach grumbled once again, and she cast a quick, hungry glance at the door once again.
@Cinber

Juno felt taken aback at the offer. "You'd... buy me something?" She wasn't certain how to feel, although her loudly grumbling stomach had already made the decision for her. It was an odd feeling that filled her as she looked at him, almost uncomfortable, and she found herself blushing slightly as she looked at him in silence. She noticed the same redness to his cheeks, and felt the feeling intensify to a startling degree. "Thank you. I would appreciate that." She stared at the floor, a knot in the wood suddenly becoming incredibly fascinating. "I suppose I am a bit hungry." She hoped that her stomach wouldn't be loud enough to betray how much of an exaggeration that was.

She smiled a bit, absentmindedly, and although her emotions were a tangled mess, she couldn't help but feel rather happy about how things were going at the moment. She had loved her father, but they had really only been close when she was a child. Later in life she became more of a pawn, sent away for long periods to steal for him. The feeling was almost sickening as she realized how much she'd been used, and she quickly looked up again and focused on him. She would spare no more time for such depressing thoughts.

As he formulated a plan for her to return the stolen goods, she listened quite intently. It was better than the one she had come up with on her own earlier, and she found herself nodding. "It will keep you out of danger as I deal with my own mess." She sighed softly, although the idea of it all almost make her laugh. It was such an odd situation, it was hard not to find it comical.

His question surprised her, and she realized that she didn't know his name either. Feeling so familiar around someone so unfamiliar was quite odd for her. "It's... Juno." She felt, for the first time in her life, slightly embarrassed about her non-traditional name. There was a meaning behind it, as with all names, but she'd tell him about it only if he asked. She looked up to gauge his reaction, and then stopped. Why should it matter? With a small shake of her head, she ignored the desire to see his reaction, and then continued speaking. "What's your name? It would feel rather odd to have to keep having to ask if anyone's seen a handsome young khajiit whenever I need to find you." Immediately after she said it, she regretted it, and bit down on her tongue. She had just wanted to be honest, but not that honest. He didn't need to know the exact descriptors. Although she felt mortified, she felt as if the best course of action was to just shrug it off, as if it was a completely regular remark. She smiled awkwardly, although she felt like withering on the spot, and continued quickly before he could comment on it.

"About what you should tell them... perhaps I was a traveler on the road, who had been attacked by a saber cat and left for dead? You healed my wounds to the best of your abilities, but I still required some help from the temple priestess." Juno began to get excited once again. She had always loved making up stories, and she had a imagination that was beyond wild. "Maybe I was a simple merchant who was attacked by thieves, who also stole my wares." She considered for a brief moment the idea of claiming they were siblings, but she felt violent aversion to the idea. "Or you could come up with someone else, something better." The comforting smell of food wafted into the room from the door, which was open a crack. "Perhaps we should discuss it over a meal?" Her stomach grumbled once again, and she cast a quick, hungry glance at the door once again.
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time
@Foxe

Juno? It seemed like an odd name for a Khajiit, but J'kaza supposed it might be a perfectly normal name in some parts of Elsweyr. He'd never been to the homeland of his people; he'd only heard stories about it from his mother and father. Maybe it was a simplified version of her name that was easier for non-Khajiit to pronounce. He made a mental note to ask her about it sometime, perhaps during their journey to High Hrothgar when they would have plenty of time to talk.

He opened his mouth to tell her his name when she called him...handsome. His mouth remained agape for a few moments, his mind completely blank. Him, handsome? Surely she meant that in jest. Surely she called many men handsome and it didn't really mean anything. But the way she awkwardly tried to smile and play it off told him she meant it. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he let out an awkward laugh and scratched at the back of his head. Him, handsome. He might just take her to the apothecarist and get her treated for whatever disease was making her blind or crazy.

"My name is J'kaza," he said after that long pause. His father had given him the J' prefix years ago when he was 14. He could still remember how happy and grown up he felt when his parents stopped calling him their "little Ma'kaza," how being called J'kaza felt like the greatest achievement of his life. Now he hoped to one day earn a greater honorific. After all, he'd have to drop the J' if he ever got married or if he got to old, and going around simply as 'Kaza' sounded...boring. Maybe, if he worked hard enough, he could earn the title Do' like his father before him.

He smiled as he saw her obvious excitement over their formulation of a plan. This would be much easier if she was eager to share ideas. "I like the saber cat idea, but those cats don't just leave people for dead." Human bones at the lairs of those beasts had taught him that. "We'll have to spice the story up a little bit," he said with a chuckle. He could be the brave, dashing hero who saw a poor defenseless traveler about to meet her end at the claws of a saber cat and swooped in to defend her. Maybe it was one of those bigger, stronger snowy saber cats that somehow wandered into the Whiterun hold from The Pale. It would be strong, maybe the strongest saber cat to walk Tamriel, but J'kaza would come out on top and rescue the damsel in distress. Not that he'd ever refer to Juno like that. Not with her in earshot, anyway. He'd have to tune down the heroics for the guards who would get suspicious over his sudden bragging, but the regulars at the tavern would surely love such a tall tale.

A soft grumbling sound took him out of his fantasies and back to reality. It took him a moment to realize it was her stomach, and he could see the hungry look in her eyes. The smell of cooking food made his own stomach growl and squeeze uncomfortably. "Good idea," he replied, resting a hand on his flat stomach as if that would somehow soothe it. "I just need to finish getting dressed first. They kick you out if you don't keep your shirt on." He looked around the room, trying to find where his tunic and belt had wound up. After the fall and all their talking he'd completely lost track of them. They lay in a pile on the floor beside the dresser, and he moved to pick them up. He paused for a moment, a little self conscious about her watching him dress, before turning around so his back was facing her. It wasn't much but it granted him a tiny bit of privacy.

Aches shot through his arms and back as he pulled the top on, forcing an involuntary hiss of pain out of him. If he had the time he might stop by Arcadia's Cauldron and see if she had anything to soothe his pains. He pulled the belt around his hips and tightened it into place, the leather creaking softly as it was tugged. "There." He smoothed out the tunic and turned back around to face Juno. "Ready when you are."
@Foxe

Juno? It seemed like an odd name for a Khajiit, but J'kaza supposed it might be a perfectly normal name in some parts of Elsweyr. He'd never been to the homeland of his people; he'd only heard stories about it from his mother and father. Maybe it was a simplified version of her name that was easier for non-Khajiit to pronounce. He made a mental note to ask her about it sometime, perhaps during their journey to High Hrothgar when they would have plenty of time to talk.

He opened his mouth to tell her his name when she called him...handsome. His mouth remained agape for a few moments, his mind completely blank. Him, handsome? Surely she meant that in jest. Surely she called many men handsome and it didn't really mean anything. But the way she awkwardly tried to smile and play it off told him she meant it. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he let out an awkward laugh and scratched at the back of his head. Him, handsome. He might just take her to the apothecarist and get her treated for whatever disease was making her blind or crazy.

"My name is J'kaza," he said after that long pause. His father had given him the J' prefix years ago when he was 14. He could still remember how happy and grown up he felt when his parents stopped calling him their "little Ma'kaza," how being called J'kaza felt like the greatest achievement of his life. Now he hoped to one day earn a greater honorific. After all, he'd have to drop the J' if he ever got married or if he got to old, and going around simply as 'Kaza' sounded...boring. Maybe, if he worked hard enough, he could earn the title Do' like his father before him.

He smiled as he saw her obvious excitement over their formulation of a plan. This would be much easier if she was eager to share ideas. "I like the saber cat idea, but those cats don't just leave people for dead." Human bones at the lairs of those beasts had taught him that. "We'll have to spice the story up a little bit," he said with a chuckle. He could be the brave, dashing hero who saw a poor defenseless traveler about to meet her end at the claws of a saber cat and swooped in to defend her. Maybe it was one of those bigger, stronger snowy saber cats that somehow wandered into the Whiterun hold from The Pale. It would be strong, maybe the strongest saber cat to walk Tamriel, but J'kaza would come out on top and rescue the damsel in distress. Not that he'd ever refer to Juno like that. Not with her in earshot, anyway. He'd have to tune down the heroics for the guards who would get suspicious over his sudden bragging, but the regulars at the tavern would surely love such a tall tale.

A soft grumbling sound took him out of his fantasies and back to reality. It took him a moment to realize it was her stomach, and he could see the hungry look in her eyes. The smell of cooking food made his own stomach growl and squeeze uncomfortably. "Good idea," he replied, resting a hand on his flat stomach as if that would somehow soothe it. "I just need to finish getting dressed first. They kick you out if you don't keep your shirt on." He looked around the room, trying to find where his tunic and belt had wound up. After the fall and all their talking he'd completely lost track of them. They lay in a pile on the floor beside the dresser, and he moved to pick them up. He paused for a moment, a little self conscious about her watching him dress, before turning around so his back was facing her. It wasn't much but it granted him a tiny bit of privacy.

Aches shot through his arms and back as he pulled the top on, forcing an involuntary hiss of pain out of him. If he had the time he might stop by Arcadia's Cauldron and see if she had anything to soothe his pains. He pulled the belt around his hips and tightened it into place, the leather creaking softly as it was tugged. "There." He smoothed out the tunic and turned back around to face Juno. "Ready when you are."
@Cinber

"J'kaza." She repeated quietly. The name told her a bit about him, and it made her feel relieved to hear that she wouldn't have a female clawing her throat out for spending time with him. "It's a good name. It suits you." He pointed out the flaw in her overexcited planning, but she agreed to his suggestion with a nod. Spicing up the story wouldn't be hard, and it wasn't like there was a chance of anyone finding out the truth.

It was only when he mentioned not wearing a shirt that she remembered he was bare-chested. She cleared her throat and turned away a bit. She couldn't help but glance back as he turned his back to her, her eyes lingering for a few seconds. She admired how beautifully his fur shone in the soft morning light, and she smiled a bit at the dark spots that speckled his pale fur. With a small shake of her head, she once again looked out the window so that he wouldn't feel so uncomfortable. She ran a hand over the top of her head, ensuring her fur was smooth, and gently straightened the tufts of fur that stuck up from the tips of her ears. She heard him groan in pain, and resisted the urge to look over, still wanting to grant him some privacy.

She placed a hand self-consciously over the scars on her face, imagining what she might look like if she was unmarked. Her reflection in the window still showed signs of them, even with her hand there. They were far too long to be hidden like that. With a sigh, she let it drop, nearly jumping when she heard his voice. "I'm ready." She quickly replied, although a hint of concern filled her tone. "Are you feeling alright? I heard you groan." She had a few potions in her pack, although they were weak. She hadn't yet had a chance to attempt alchemy herself, so she didn't know if she had her mother's skill. These were simple potions, stolen from bandit encampments in case of emergency. They weren't enough to actually heal anyone, but they could numb pain if it was needed, enough so that you could going until true healing could be found. She'd never had to use them before, but they were there as a precaution. She pulled one out, offering it to him. "It can numb pain, but it doesn't do much more than that." She sighed. "It's all I have, I don't have anything that can actually fix it."

Her pack was mostly empty, aside from the recently stolen goods, and the potions. Only a few other things rested within it. Her small pack of picks were nestled within a hidden pocket, and a single dusty septim lay forgotten at the bottom. She plucked it out and placed it in her hand as well, beside the potion. "Might as well take that too." She said with an amused grin. "It might help with the cost of the food." She looked inside the sack once again, but was disappointed to find nothing else that she had forgotten about, aside from a few stale crumbs of bread. It had been ages since she'd last cleaned out the pack, so she was surprised to find only those items. "Sorry, that's it." She shrugged. "But you can have the potion, and the coin. I guess it can be payment for food." She felt bad about stalling him, since he was clearly hungry as well, but she hated to see others in pain, as long as they didn't deserve it. She still couldn't forgive him, not completely, but she didn't think he deserved to suffer. Like so many others, he was trying to survive. She couldn't fault him for that.
@Cinber

"J'kaza." She repeated quietly. The name told her a bit about him, and it made her feel relieved to hear that she wouldn't have a female clawing her throat out for spending time with him. "It's a good name. It suits you." He pointed out the flaw in her overexcited planning, but she agreed to his suggestion with a nod. Spicing up the story wouldn't be hard, and it wasn't like there was a chance of anyone finding out the truth.

It was only when he mentioned not wearing a shirt that she remembered he was bare-chested. She cleared her throat and turned away a bit. She couldn't help but glance back as he turned his back to her, her eyes lingering for a few seconds. She admired how beautifully his fur shone in the soft morning light, and she smiled a bit at the dark spots that speckled his pale fur. With a small shake of her head, she once again looked out the window so that he wouldn't feel so uncomfortable. She ran a hand over the top of her head, ensuring her fur was smooth, and gently straightened the tufts of fur that stuck up from the tips of her ears. She heard him groan in pain, and resisted the urge to look over, still wanting to grant him some privacy.

She placed a hand self-consciously over the scars on her face, imagining what she might look like if she was unmarked. Her reflection in the window still showed signs of them, even with her hand there. They were far too long to be hidden like that. With a sigh, she let it drop, nearly jumping when she heard his voice. "I'm ready." She quickly replied, although a hint of concern filled her tone. "Are you feeling alright? I heard you groan." She had a few potions in her pack, although they were weak. She hadn't yet had a chance to attempt alchemy herself, so she didn't know if she had her mother's skill. These were simple potions, stolen from bandit encampments in case of emergency. They weren't enough to actually heal anyone, but they could numb pain if it was needed, enough so that you could going until true healing could be found. She'd never had to use them before, but they were there as a precaution. She pulled one out, offering it to him. "It can numb pain, but it doesn't do much more than that." She sighed. "It's all I have, I don't have anything that can actually fix it."

Her pack was mostly empty, aside from the recently stolen goods, and the potions. Only a few other things rested within it. Her small pack of picks were nestled within a hidden pocket, and a single dusty septim lay forgotten at the bottom. She plucked it out and placed it in her hand as well, beside the potion. "Might as well take that too." She said with an amused grin. "It might help with the cost of the food." She looked inside the sack once again, but was disappointed to find nothing else that she had forgotten about, aside from a few stale crumbs of bread. It had been ages since she'd last cleaned out the pack, so she was surprised to find only those items. "Sorry, that's it." She shrugged. "But you can have the potion, and the coin. I guess it can be payment for food." She felt bad about stalling him, since he was clearly hungry as well, but she hated to see others in pain, as long as they didn't deserve it. She still couldn't forgive him, not completely, but she didn't think he deserved to suffer. Like so many others, he was trying to survive. She couldn't fault him for that.
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time
(( @Foxe Ack, sorry for not responding! I forgot this weekend was Mother's Day and had to spend the last few days rushing to finish my mother's gift. ))

"Ah," J'kaza sighed, rubbing at his shoulder. "It's just some sore muscles. I'll be fine." It would take a couple of days of rest, but his body would return to normal. He cocked his head as she offered him the potion. Even if it wouldn't heal him, a break from the pain would be most welcome. But he thought it would be better to wait until he had to do some heavy lifting and sell his old armor and the dragon remains. If he couldn't even lift his arms over his head without his muscles aching and shaking he would have no hope of getting his goods to market. He didn't want to take the potion on an empty stomach either for fear of feeling sick afterwards. For now, so long as he didn't move or twist his arms and back too much the soreness was tolerable.

The coin made him smile. It looked a little scuffed and banged up, like it had been in her pouch for quite a while. He briefly wondered how long it had been in her bag and what adventures it had been through with her. "Thank you, Juno," he said as he took the small bottle and coin from Juno's outstretched hand. "I'll save this until after breakfast." He looked down at his side and slipped the potion and coin into the small pouch on his belt. The small number of coins already in the pouch jingled as he moved it around. It felt odd that the majority of his money couldn't be carried on his person. For most of his life he could fit all of his money in a small bag and have plenty of room left over. It was only ever enough for some cheap food and skooma. Now his money had to be kept in several large bags in his pack, and he could afford jewelry or spell books with the septims in his pouch.

With the goods safely stored away, J'kaza looked back to Juno with a grin. "All right, let's go get some food." His stomach growled again just at the mention of the word. He walked past her and opened the door to the room. The hinges creaked softly. "After you," he said, gesturing with his free hand to the open doorway.
(( @Foxe Ack, sorry for not responding! I forgot this weekend was Mother's Day and had to spend the last few days rushing to finish my mother's gift. ))

"Ah," J'kaza sighed, rubbing at his shoulder. "It's just some sore muscles. I'll be fine." It would take a couple of days of rest, but his body would return to normal. He cocked his head as she offered him the potion. Even if it wouldn't heal him, a break from the pain would be most welcome. But he thought it would be better to wait until he had to do some heavy lifting and sell his old armor and the dragon remains. If he couldn't even lift his arms over his head without his muscles aching and shaking he would have no hope of getting his goods to market. He didn't want to take the potion on an empty stomach either for fear of feeling sick afterwards. For now, so long as he didn't move or twist his arms and back too much the soreness was tolerable.

The coin made him smile. It looked a little scuffed and banged up, like it had been in her pouch for quite a while. He briefly wondered how long it had been in her bag and what adventures it had been through with her. "Thank you, Juno," he said as he took the small bottle and coin from Juno's outstretched hand. "I'll save this until after breakfast." He looked down at his side and slipped the potion and coin into the small pouch on his belt. The small number of coins already in the pouch jingled as he moved it around. It felt odd that the majority of his money couldn't be carried on his person. For most of his life he could fit all of his money in a small bag and have plenty of room left over. It was only ever enough for some cheap food and skooma. Now his money had to be kept in several large bags in his pack, and he could afford jewelry or spell books with the septims in his pouch.

With the goods safely stored away, J'kaza looked back to Juno with a grin. "All right, let's go get some food." His stomach growled again just at the mention of the word. He walked past her and opened the door to the room. The hinges creaked softly. "After you," he said, gesturing with his free hand to the open doorway.
@Cinber
((I'm going to go ahead and say that NPCs are completely free to control for anyone. I mean, I'm sure you already assumed/knew that, but it's still good to make sure. :) Also, thanks for your patience. I appreciate it.))

Juno felt a warmth in her chest as he accepted her meager offerings. She smiled slightly, appreciative that he didn't reject the gift, as small as it might have been. As he opened the door for her, she nodded in appreciation, feeling slightly weightless and dizzy as she passed by him, close enough to feel the heat of his body as she brushed past. She quickly shook herself and brushed back her fur once again, trying to look as normal as possible. She didn't want the tavern patrons to assume anything. The thought made her face heat up, and she quickly made her way into the main area of the tavern, led on by the tantalizing scents that the food had produced. Hunger could make anything taste good, and she doubted the blandness of the food would stop her from enjoying it.

She was disappointed to see the bard from the night before still in the bar, singing a familiar tune about Ragnar the Red. She had often observed those in the bandits camps she stole from singing the song, often while heavily intoxicated. Their voices had always been off tune, but their songs always ended in laughter and jokes. The bard's voice, while much better than theirs had ever been, made her think of a fisherman's lure. He was singing to gain female attention. He may have enjoyed it just as the bandit's did, but his ulterior motives were far from hidden. She found it almost ironic that the song he sang was about a braggart just like him.

As she made her way over to a seat by the fire, unsure of what people typically did to get food in places like this, he finished his song and strode over. His overconfident mannerisms reminded her almost of a rooster, and she had to fight to not get up and walk away as he arrived beside her. "You know... I don't usually like cats, but you're not like the rest of them. My name's Mikael, by the way. I'm a bard by trade, in case you couldn't tell already. Do you want to grab an ale sometime? Perhaps we could do it somewhere... more secluded?"

Juno scoffed, annoyed that he was using likely the exact same line he used for every other girl he met, if a little modified. "That might work on the women of this town, but it doesn't work on me. Find someone else to spout that nonsense to." She turned away, expecting him to leave, but he roughly grabbed onto her chin, forcing her to turn and look at him. Juno bared her teeth and hissed, pushing him away with her claws extended, and getting to her feet. "Leave me alone, shaveskin." She spat dangerously, her eyes burning with anger. Her tail lashed back and forth, and she poised herself to fight if necessary.

The bard muttered something under his breath before turning away. Juno let out an exasperated hiss as she sank down onto the bench. The other tavern patrons had, for the most part, resumed their food or drinks, no longer interested in the squabble. Her stomach growled and clenched painfully, and she glanced around for J'kaza. She no longer cared what she ate, as long as it was warm and filling.
@Cinber
((I'm going to go ahead and say that NPCs are completely free to control for anyone. I mean, I'm sure you already assumed/knew that, but it's still good to make sure. :) Also, thanks for your patience. I appreciate it.))

Juno felt a warmth in her chest as he accepted her meager offerings. She smiled slightly, appreciative that he didn't reject the gift, as small as it might have been. As he opened the door for her, she nodded in appreciation, feeling slightly weightless and dizzy as she passed by him, close enough to feel the heat of his body as she brushed past. She quickly shook herself and brushed back her fur once again, trying to look as normal as possible. She didn't want the tavern patrons to assume anything. The thought made her face heat up, and she quickly made her way into the main area of the tavern, led on by the tantalizing scents that the food had produced. Hunger could make anything taste good, and she doubted the blandness of the food would stop her from enjoying it.

She was disappointed to see the bard from the night before still in the bar, singing a familiar tune about Ragnar the Red. She had often observed those in the bandits camps she stole from singing the song, often while heavily intoxicated. Their voices had always been off tune, but their songs always ended in laughter and jokes. The bard's voice, while much better than theirs had ever been, made her think of a fisherman's lure. He was singing to gain female attention. He may have enjoyed it just as the bandit's did, but his ulterior motives were far from hidden. She found it almost ironic that the song he sang was about a braggart just like him.

As she made her way over to a seat by the fire, unsure of what people typically did to get food in places like this, he finished his song and strode over. His overconfident mannerisms reminded her almost of a rooster, and she had to fight to not get up and walk away as he arrived beside her. "You know... I don't usually like cats, but you're not like the rest of them. My name's Mikael, by the way. I'm a bard by trade, in case you couldn't tell already. Do you want to grab an ale sometime? Perhaps we could do it somewhere... more secluded?"

Juno scoffed, annoyed that he was using likely the exact same line he used for every other girl he met, if a little modified. "That might work on the women of this town, but it doesn't work on me. Find someone else to spout that nonsense to." She turned away, expecting him to leave, but he roughly grabbed onto her chin, forcing her to turn and look at him. Juno bared her teeth and hissed, pushing him away with her claws extended, and getting to her feet. "Leave me alone, shaveskin." She spat dangerously, her eyes burning with anger. Her tail lashed back and forth, and she poised herself to fight if necessary.

The bard muttered something under his breath before turning away. Juno let out an exasperated hiss as she sank down onto the bench. The other tavern patrons had, for the most part, resumed their food or drinks, no longer interested in the squabble. Her stomach growled and clenched painfully, and she glanced around for J'kaza. She no longer cared what she ate, as long as it was warm and filling.
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time
(( @Foxe Sounds good! That'll help conversations with NPCs go a little faster and keep either of us from controlling too many NPCs. And I hope you don't mind if I had Hulda taking a break, I figured it would make more sense if she actually slept instead of standing at the counter 24/7 :P ))

J'kaza watched Juno walk into the tavern, catching her smell as she passed him. She smelled like the wilds...and there was a hint of soot on her. He looked to the side and nervously scratched at the back of his neck. Don't think about it, he thought to himself. Just get some breakfast, that would take his mind off things. He walked into the bar, passed by the fire, and went over to the front counter. Ysolda stood behind it, wiping down the wooden counter top. Hulda was likely asleep.

"Good morning J'kaza," the Nord woman said cheerfully. "It sounds like you slept well last night. Hulda said you came in here half dead and passed out before noon."
J'kaza laughed and scratched the back of his neck. "The night before was pretty long and rough. I'm sorry if I didn't pay for my room."
Ysolda shook her head and waved her hand as if to brush his concern away. "Don't worry about it. Just pay your tab before you go." She looked over at Juno as she sat by the fire. "Looks like you had a visitor last night?" She raised an eyebrow at him.
J'kaza blushed and held up his hands. "No, no, it was nothing like that. I helped her fight off a sabercat and brought her into town to get some help from the temple. Beast made her crack her head open on a rock. She wanted to thank me for helping her." J'kaza coughed awkwardly and dug into his pouch to pull out some gold. "I'd like two of whatever you're serving for breakfast." He put thirty pieces of gold on the table, enough to pay for his room and both meals.
Ysolda pulled the coins toward her and smiled. "Saadia has some porridge over in the kitchen. Help yourself."

The Khajiit turned to look into the kitchen, praying Saadia wouldn't be there. If Ysolda's question was enough to make him nervous, Saadia would poke and prod until he snapped at her. He let out a sigh when he realized she wasn't there. She must have been doing something upstairs. He darted into the room and found a large pot hanging near the cooking spit. A ladle sat inside, the bottom half hidden in the porridge. There was a stack of wooden bowls and several spoons on the table across from the fire. He grabbed two of the bowls and filled them to the brim with porridge. His mouth started to salivate at the sight of food. It wasn't fresh cooked salmon or fondue, but he didn't care. It was food. The sound of creaking wood above him forced him out of his reverie. The creaking was getting closer to the stairs that connected the kitchen to the room upstairs. He quickly grabbed two of the spoons and shuffled into the main room of the tavern.

J'kaza walked into the room just in time to see Mikael grabbing Juno's chin. The sight made his tail bristle and twitch in anger. His lips curled over his teeth showing his sharp fangs. If it had been any other Nord he'd assume they were either asking questions or making some racist comment, but Mikael only had one thing to say to any woman who crossed his path. He'd hoped that his 'talk' with the bard about Carlotta would teach him not to treat women like that, but obviously Mikael went right back to his old ways as soon as his black eye went away. He stormed over to the pair, ready to chase the Nord off, but it looked like Juno could more than handle herself when faced with overly assertive men.

He stared down Mikael as the bard skulked back to his chair. When he saw J'kaza, Mikael flinched and tried to busy himself with tuning his lute. J'kaza snorted and smirked. Hopefully Mikael would leave Juno alone from now on. At least if they had a place of their own she wouldn't have to run into him very often.

J'kaza brought the bowls over and offered one to Juno. "Breakfast is served." He took the seat beside her and started into his own meal. The porridge didn't have much flavor, but it was hot and edible. And that was all he needed at the moment. He started shoveling food into his mouth, cheeks bulging with food and a little porridge sticking to the corner of his mouth.
"Tho," he said through a mouthful of food. He swallowed before continuing, "About our story then. You were being attacked by a sabercat..." He took another bite of food. "And I heard your screams and came over to help. Its pounce knocked you over and you hit the back of your head." He wondered what they should tell the guards about her past. With her rather worn clothes she wouldn't be taken seriously as a merchant. Maybe an adventurer? But she didn't have much in terms of gear. He idly tapped his empty spoon against his chin in thought.
(( @Foxe Sounds good! That'll help conversations with NPCs go a little faster and keep either of us from controlling too many NPCs. And I hope you don't mind if I had Hulda taking a break, I figured it would make more sense if she actually slept instead of standing at the counter 24/7 :P ))

J'kaza watched Juno walk into the tavern, catching her smell as she passed him. She smelled like the wilds...and there was a hint of soot on her. He looked to the side and nervously scratched at the back of his neck. Don't think about it, he thought to himself. Just get some breakfast, that would take his mind off things. He walked into the bar, passed by the fire, and went over to the front counter. Ysolda stood behind it, wiping down the wooden counter top. Hulda was likely asleep.

"Good morning J'kaza," the Nord woman said cheerfully. "It sounds like you slept well last night. Hulda said you came in here half dead and passed out before noon."
J'kaza laughed and scratched the back of his neck. "The night before was pretty long and rough. I'm sorry if I didn't pay for my room."
Ysolda shook her head and waved her hand as if to brush his concern away. "Don't worry about it. Just pay your tab before you go." She looked over at Juno as she sat by the fire. "Looks like you had a visitor last night?" She raised an eyebrow at him.
J'kaza blushed and held up his hands. "No, no, it was nothing like that. I helped her fight off a sabercat and brought her into town to get some help from the temple. Beast made her crack her head open on a rock. She wanted to thank me for helping her." J'kaza coughed awkwardly and dug into his pouch to pull out some gold. "I'd like two of whatever you're serving for breakfast." He put thirty pieces of gold on the table, enough to pay for his room and both meals.
Ysolda pulled the coins toward her and smiled. "Saadia has some porridge over in the kitchen. Help yourself."

The Khajiit turned to look into the kitchen, praying Saadia wouldn't be there. If Ysolda's question was enough to make him nervous, Saadia would poke and prod until he snapped at her. He let out a sigh when he realized she wasn't there. She must have been doing something upstairs. He darted into the room and found a large pot hanging near the cooking spit. A ladle sat inside, the bottom half hidden in the porridge. There was a stack of wooden bowls and several spoons on the table across from the fire. He grabbed two of the bowls and filled them to the brim with porridge. His mouth started to salivate at the sight of food. It wasn't fresh cooked salmon or fondue, but he didn't care. It was food. The sound of creaking wood above him forced him out of his reverie. The creaking was getting closer to the stairs that connected the kitchen to the room upstairs. He quickly grabbed two of the spoons and shuffled into the main room of the tavern.

J'kaza walked into the room just in time to see Mikael grabbing Juno's chin. The sight made his tail bristle and twitch in anger. His lips curled over his teeth showing his sharp fangs. If it had been any other Nord he'd assume they were either asking questions or making some racist comment, but Mikael only had one thing to say to any woman who crossed his path. He'd hoped that his 'talk' with the bard about Carlotta would teach him not to treat women like that, but obviously Mikael went right back to his old ways as soon as his black eye went away. He stormed over to the pair, ready to chase the Nord off, but it looked like Juno could more than handle herself when faced with overly assertive men.

He stared down Mikael as the bard skulked back to his chair. When he saw J'kaza, Mikael flinched and tried to busy himself with tuning his lute. J'kaza snorted and smirked. Hopefully Mikael would leave Juno alone from now on. At least if they had a place of their own she wouldn't have to run into him very often.

J'kaza brought the bowls over and offered one to Juno. "Breakfast is served." He took the seat beside her and started into his own meal. The porridge didn't have much flavor, but it was hot and edible. And that was all he needed at the moment. He started shoveling food into his mouth, cheeks bulging with food and a little porridge sticking to the corner of his mouth.
"Tho," he said through a mouthful of food. He swallowed before continuing, "About our story then. You were being attacked by a sabercat..." He took another bite of food. "And I heard your screams and came over to help. Its pounce knocked you over and you hit the back of your head." He wondered what they should tell the guards about her past. With her rather worn clothes she wouldn't be taken seriously as a merchant. Maybe an adventurer? But she didn't have much in terms of gear. He idly tapped his empty spoon against his chin in thought.
@Cinber
((It makes perfect sense to have her taking a break! I like the realism :) Sorry the wait, I've caught some kind of illness, whether it's a cold, strep throat, or even whooping cough, from overworking myself. I'm hoping it's just a cold. I'm vaccinated against it, but apparently the vaccine becomes nearly useless after three years... I hope it's not the latter as I'd hate to lose my singing voice. But I'm otherwise doing okay, so my responses shouldn't be too far apart. My birthday's in a little over a week so I'll probably be busy then.))

Juno watched with interest the expression J'kaza had on his face as he stared down the troublesome bard. A small smile found its way onto her face at the sudden shift in mood he experienced when he saw the other khajiit, one of the first she had managed since her life changing encounter with him. She felt like a piece of driftwood from a destroyed vessel, lost amongst the waves, unsure of her next moves. However, the prospect of a room was something for her to cling to, an anchor to hold her steady until she could figure out what to do. He was that anchor, and despite the fact that it was him who had caused it all, she was grateful in a small way. She had a chance to be something more now, more than she had ever thought possible. She was free from the endless stealing that she was forced into. Her heart still felt heavy, like a stone in her chest, but the thought of starting something new made it a smaller burden to bear.

She broke out of her thoughts as he came to sit behind her. An appreciative purr escaped her throat as she accepted the warm bowl, and she forgot her heavy thoughts, as if his presence, or the arrival of food, had driven them away. She immediately began to eat, ravenously devouring the porridge as if it was the food of the gods. Pausing for a moment, she glanced over at him as he began to talk, amused at the food that clung to the side of his mouth. Her own face felt like it had a bit of porridge clinging to it as well, and she felt momentarily embarrassed at her own clumsiness.

She mulled over what he had said, before nodding slowly. "Perhaps I had just left a caravan, and was looking for work on one of the farms around whiterun? The nords around here can barely keep track of the citizens, let alone remember which khajiit travel with the caravans. Plus, we could say I was from a farther one, not one that visits Whiterun, if necessary." She wasn't as familiar with the caravans as most khajiit, due to the sheltered nature of her life. She knew nothing of their routes, or even how many there were. Hopefully, the guards here would be just as ignorant.

A nord sat nearby, and Juno realized he had fallen silent, his loud complaints about the security of whiterun no longer filling the air. She stopped talking as well, her ears turned toward him, listening and hoping he hadn't heard a thing. Thankfully, it seemed as if he had just finished speaking, so she, more quietly, turned back to J'kaza and continued speaking. "It's just an idea. I don't know too much about the caravans." She told him, her ears still angled back to the nord. She could feel his hate-filled gaze burning into the back of her neck, and she self consciously tucked her tail closer to her body, not used to stares. For a moment, she wondered what it was like for J'kaza to be in a city so filled with people who hated his race. Considering what she had experienced so far, she could only imagine the level of racism he must experience every day. She leaned slightly closer to him, uncomfortable, and wanting to be closer to the only one she actually knew in this tavern. She hoped that the nord wouldn't start something, because she wasn't in the mood to deal with someone else so early in the day. With a sigh, she began to finish up her porridge once again.
@Cinber
((It makes perfect sense to have her taking a break! I like the realism :) Sorry the wait, I've caught some kind of illness, whether it's a cold, strep throat, or even whooping cough, from overworking myself. I'm hoping it's just a cold. I'm vaccinated against it, but apparently the vaccine becomes nearly useless after three years... I hope it's not the latter as I'd hate to lose my singing voice. But I'm otherwise doing okay, so my responses shouldn't be too far apart. My birthday's in a little over a week so I'll probably be busy then.))

Juno watched with interest the expression J'kaza had on his face as he stared down the troublesome bard. A small smile found its way onto her face at the sudden shift in mood he experienced when he saw the other khajiit, one of the first she had managed since her life changing encounter with him. She felt like a piece of driftwood from a destroyed vessel, lost amongst the waves, unsure of her next moves. However, the prospect of a room was something for her to cling to, an anchor to hold her steady until she could figure out what to do. He was that anchor, and despite the fact that it was him who had caused it all, she was grateful in a small way. She had a chance to be something more now, more than she had ever thought possible. She was free from the endless stealing that she was forced into. Her heart still felt heavy, like a stone in her chest, but the thought of starting something new made it a smaller burden to bear.

She broke out of her thoughts as he came to sit behind her. An appreciative purr escaped her throat as she accepted the warm bowl, and she forgot her heavy thoughts, as if his presence, or the arrival of food, had driven them away. She immediately began to eat, ravenously devouring the porridge as if it was the food of the gods. Pausing for a moment, she glanced over at him as he began to talk, amused at the food that clung to the side of his mouth. Her own face felt like it had a bit of porridge clinging to it as well, and she felt momentarily embarrassed at her own clumsiness.

She mulled over what he had said, before nodding slowly. "Perhaps I had just left a caravan, and was looking for work on one of the farms around whiterun? The nords around here can barely keep track of the citizens, let alone remember which khajiit travel with the caravans. Plus, we could say I was from a farther one, not one that visits Whiterun, if necessary." She wasn't as familiar with the caravans as most khajiit, due to the sheltered nature of her life. She knew nothing of their routes, or even how many there were. Hopefully, the guards here would be just as ignorant.

A nord sat nearby, and Juno realized he had fallen silent, his loud complaints about the security of whiterun no longer filling the air. She stopped talking as well, her ears turned toward him, listening and hoping he hadn't heard a thing. Thankfully, it seemed as if he had just finished speaking, so she, more quietly, turned back to J'kaza and continued speaking. "It's just an idea. I don't know too much about the caravans." She told him, her ears still angled back to the nord. She could feel his hate-filled gaze burning into the back of her neck, and she self consciously tucked her tail closer to her body, not used to stares. For a moment, she wondered what it was like for J'kaza to be in a city so filled with people who hated his race. Considering what she had experienced so far, she could only imagine the level of racism he must experience every day. She leaned slightly closer to him, uncomfortable, and wanting to be closer to the only one she actually knew in this tavern. She hoped that the nord wouldn't start something, because she wasn't in the mood to deal with someone else so early in the day. With a sigh, she began to finish up her porridge once again.
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
+3 FR time
(( @Foxe Oh no! I hope it's just a cold, too, strep is awful and I can't imagine how bad whooping cough is. Are you able to get tested for strep? That stuff can really screw you up if left untreated. ))

"Yeah... Yeah, that would work. I don't think anyone other than Ysolda knows anything about the other caravans around the province." Sometimes Khajiit hitting their early adult years would try to strike out on their own, try to form their own caravans, try to get out from under their parents and make a name for themselves. Most of the time these 'deserters' would come back bloodied and bruised, tail between their legs both literally and figuratively, and beg to be taken back in. Those that didn't come back usually wound up dead or turned to banditry. Only a handful managed to build successful trade caravans. "Unless the guards suddenly decide to let Ri'saad and his group in, nobody's gonna be able to disprove that story.

J'kaza went to scoop another spoonful of porridge but was greeted with the sound of his spoon hitting the bottom of his bowl. He looked down to see he'd already eaten nearly all of his breakfast with only small streaks of porridge left clinging to the sides. A little frown crossed his face for a moment as he scraped the sides of the bowl, trying to get every last bit of food. He looked up just in time to see Juno inching closer to him. He cocked his head, slightly confused until he saw the Nord glaring at them from the corner of his eye. Sinmir. Just the name made his tail bristle and his ears flatten. All the man ever did was sit around drinking and complaining about the city guard. Never lifted a finger to help anybody. J'kaza figured he must have come from some wealthy family if he could afford to sit around drinking all day. The man did not hide his thoughts on Khajiits. It didn't matter if they were lowly bandits or hardworking caravaners or respected Thanes. He hated anyone who wasn't a Nord, and he especially hated anyone with scales or fur. He'd been harmless so far, but J'kaza did not want to meet him on the street at night.

"Just ignore him," J'kaza whispered. Easier said than done. If Sinmir decided to open his fat mouth and say something to her he wasn't sure he could keep himself for doing something stupid. Satisfying, but stupid. He felt obligated to protect her from the nasty looks and words of the citizens of Whiterun. He had dragged her in here, after all. "He's probably looking for any excuse to get you thrown out of the city." He brought his last spoonful of porridge to his mouth. "Ysolda, the lady behind the counter, she's got our backs. Hulda, too." The older woman wasn't as quick to jump to his defense as Ysolda but she would keep Sinmir or any other mouthy Nord from trying to start something with him. "I just hope we never have to go near Windhelm. The people there make him look like a saint." He set his spoon into his bowl and then placed it on the empty chair next to him. The pain in his stomach was gone, replaced with a much more pleasant full feeling. He leaned back in his chair, sighed contentedly, and licked at the corners of his mouth. His fingers interlocked together as his hands rested on his stomach.
(( @Foxe Oh no! I hope it's just a cold, too, strep is awful and I can't imagine how bad whooping cough is. Are you able to get tested for strep? That stuff can really screw you up if left untreated. ))

"Yeah... Yeah, that would work. I don't think anyone other than Ysolda knows anything about the other caravans around the province." Sometimes Khajiit hitting their early adult years would try to strike out on their own, try to form their own caravans, try to get out from under their parents and make a name for themselves. Most of the time these 'deserters' would come back bloodied and bruised, tail between their legs both literally and figuratively, and beg to be taken back in. Those that didn't come back usually wound up dead or turned to banditry. Only a handful managed to build successful trade caravans. "Unless the guards suddenly decide to let Ri'saad and his group in, nobody's gonna be able to disprove that story.

J'kaza went to scoop another spoonful of porridge but was greeted with the sound of his spoon hitting the bottom of his bowl. He looked down to see he'd already eaten nearly all of his breakfast with only small streaks of porridge left clinging to the sides. A little frown crossed his face for a moment as he scraped the sides of the bowl, trying to get every last bit of food. He looked up just in time to see Juno inching closer to him. He cocked his head, slightly confused until he saw the Nord glaring at them from the corner of his eye. Sinmir. Just the name made his tail bristle and his ears flatten. All the man ever did was sit around drinking and complaining about the city guard. Never lifted a finger to help anybody. J'kaza figured he must have come from some wealthy family if he could afford to sit around drinking all day. The man did not hide his thoughts on Khajiits. It didn't matter if they were lowly bandits or hardworking caravaners or respected Thanes. He hated anyone who wasn't a Nord, and he especially hated anyone with scales or fur. He'd been harmless so far, but J'kaza did not want to meet him on the street at night.

"Just ignore him," J'kaza whispered. Easier said than done. If Sinmir decided to open his fat mouth and say something to her he wasn't sure he could keep himself for doing something stupid. Satisfying, but stupid. He felt obligated to protect her from the nasty looks and words of the citizens of Whiterun. He had dragged her in here, after all. "He's probably looking for any excuse to get you thrown out of the city." He brought his last spoonful of porridge to his mouth. "Ysolda, the lady behind the counter, she's got our backs. Hulda, too." The older woman wasn't as quick to jump to his defense as Ysolda but she would keep Sinmir or any other mouthy Nord from trying to start something with him. "I just hope we never have to go near Windhelm. The people there make him look like a saint." He set his spoon into his bowl and then placed it on the empty chair next to him. The pain in his stomach was gone, replaced with a much more pleasant full feeling. He leaned back in his chair, sighed contentedly, and licked at the corners of his mouth. His fingers interlocked together as his hands rested on his stomach.
1 2 3 4