Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP [with meely]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65
Alysion nodded and took the scrap of paper. He tore off the part that was unwritten on and drew a ballpoint pen from the inside of his coat, scribbling his own address on and offering it to her. "And here is mine as well. I'd offer you my phone number, but I still haven't gotten the grasp of technology well enough, and I don't know if it'd be a reliable method of contact..." He sighed a bit at the frustration that had to occur several times.
Alysion nodded and took the scrap of paper. He tore off the part that was unwritten on and drew a ballpoint pen from the inside of his coat, scribbling his own address on and offering it to her. "And here is mine as well. I'd offer you my phone number, but I still haven't gotten the grasp of technology well enough, and I don't know if it'd be a reliable method of contact..." He sighed a bit at the frustration that had to occur several times.
XOxv5KE.png
"Don't worry about it. I leave my son to the technological side of things. He tells me all about 'tapping', whatever that is," Ophelia replied, taking the paper and placing it into her purse. She had decided that she could leave her son to the world of phones and computers; they were the things used by his generation, after all. She stuck with good old pen and paper. Though even that could be intercepted, so Ophelia preferred to do things face-to-face, and, if she contacted someone via phone or letter, she would never mention the magic that they shared.
"Don't worry about it. I leave my son to the technological side of things. He tells me all about 'tapping', whatever that is," Ophelia replied, taking the paper and placing it into her purse. She had decided that she could leave her son to the world of phones and computers; they were the things used by his generation, after all. She stuck with good old pen and paper. Though even that could be intercepted, so Ophelia preferred to do things face-to-face, and, if she contacted someone via phone or letter, she would never mention the magic that they shared.
"Youngsters are very much more in tune with that side of this world, yes." Alysion agreed, as he had often seen children in their teenage years working with the devices as if they were second nature. "Unfortunately, that leaves us to catch up, I suppose." He folded the piece of paper he had left and tucked it into his coat's inner pocket for safekeeping. "If worst comes to worse, you can send a magical message, but I doubt anything will ever come to that."
"Youngsters are very much more in tune with that side of this world, yes." Alysion agreed, as he had often seen children in their teenage years working with the devices as if they were second nature. "Unfortunately, that leaves us to catch up, I suppose." He folded the piece of paper he had left and tucked it into his coat's inner pocket for safekeeping. "If worst comes to worse, you can send a magical message, but I doubt anything will ever come to that."
XOxv5KE.png
Ophelia couldn't agree more when Alysion mentioned how teenagers were more advanced at the technology of the world. "Though my son hardly uses it. I've seen some glued to theirs as if they can't think without them." She much preferred Aaron's take on the cellular device. His was purely for communication, usually with herself. When Alysion mentioned the magical message she nodded. "Hopefully that will never happen. It would be safer to just visit one another's addresses. My son'll probably befriend some of the children, however, so perhaps your house would be better if we ever have an issue that needs to be discussed discreetly."
Ophelia couldn't agree more when Alysion mentioned how teenagers were more advanced at the technology of the world. "Though my son hardly uses it. I've seen some glued to theirs as if they can't think without them." She much preferred Aaron's take on the cellular device. His was purely for communication, usually with herself. When Alysion mentioned the magical message she nodded. "Hopefully that will never happen. It would be safer to just visit one another's addresses. My son'll probably befriend some of the children, however, so perhaps your house would be better if we ever have an issue that needs to be discussed discreetly."
"Frankly, they may as well be glued to their devices." Alysion noted as he heard Ophelia's comment. "If you can't go without it for ten minutes, then you have a problem. But I suppose this is another discussion for another time." He then checked a watch he wore underneath the long sleeve of his coat jacket. "It would be safer to visit. Feel free to come by whenever you need me, I don't go places a lot of the time. I live in the more isolated zones as well, so we should be interruption-free as well."
"Frankly, they may as well be glued to their devices." Alysion noted as he heard Ophelia's comment. "If you can't go without it for ten minutes, then you have a problem. But I suppose this is another discussion for another time." He then checked a watch he wore underneath the long sleeve of his coat jacket. "It would be safer to visit. Feel free to come by whenever you need me, I don't go places a lot of the time. I live in the more isolated zones as well, so we should be interruption-free as well."
XOxv5KE.png
"I suppose it is," Ophelia agreed, and, upon noticing that Alysion checked his watch, she remembered her son was probably waiting for her. "It was nice to meet you, Alysion." She smiled politely, before beginning to walk back towards her home. She wished she too had moved into a more isolated area, but had opted to live on a street by the school, which was naturally a busy area. Still, she imagined that she'd see a large amount of people, and they'd probably help Aaron to fit in as well, something he'd never done well. He'd always had the underground; he hadn't seen the point in befriending non-magical children.
"I suppose it is," Ophelia agreed, and, upon noticing that Alysion checked his watch, she remembered her son was probably waiting for her. "It was nice to meet you, Alysion." She smiled politely, before beginning to walk back towards her home. She wished she too had moved into a more isolated area, but had opted to live on a street by the school, which was naturally a busy area. Still, she imagined that she'd see a large amount of people, and they'd probably help Aaron to fit in as well, something he'd never done well. He'd always had the underground; he hadn't seen the point in befriending non-magical children.
"Nice to meet you as well, I hope I see you soon." He took a formal half-bow before leaving, strutting along the darkened streets. One of the downsides to returning home at such a time was the fact that the area he lived by had a 'dead' zone with no lighting. As such, most people returned home before the sun fully set. As for himself, he quietly used his rosary as a channeling medium to create a decently-sized light, using it as his guidance to make his way home. Nobody really questioned his use of it, and if they did, he always passed it off as a particularly quirky flashlight.

((Not sure if you'd like to use OOC here, if not I'll drag it to messages. Would you like to time-skip?))
"Nice to meet you as well, I hope I see you soon." He took a formal half-bow before leaving, strutting along the darkened streets. One of the downsides to returning home at such a time was the fact that the area he lived by had a 'dead' zone with no lighting. As such, most people returned home before the sun fully set. As for himself, he quietly used his rosary as a channeling medium to create a decently-sized light, using it as his guidance to make his way home. Nobody really questioned his use of it, and if they did, he always passed it off as a particularly quirky flashlight.

((Not sure if you'd like to use OOC here, if not I'll drag it to messages. Would you like to time-skip?))
XOxv5KE.png
((I don't mind about using OOC here, but a time skip would be a good idea. This post is before the time skip by the way.))

Ophelia opened the door to see Aaron must have already gone to bed. She sighed, it was too early. Stepping over a few boxes left in the hallway, all marked with her son's name, Ophelia walked up the stairs in order to bid her son goodnight. Knocking on his door, she whispered a good time and then went to bed. Ophelia lay awake thinking, mostly about her real son and how different he might have been to Aaron, before immediately feeling guilty.
((I don't mind about using OOC here, but a time skip would be a good idea. This post is before the time skip by the way.))

Ophelia opened the door to see Aaron must have already gone to bed. She sighed, it was too early. Stepping over a few boxes left in the hallway, all marked with her son's name, Ophelia walked up the stairs in order to bid her son goodnight. Knocking on his door, she whispered a good time and then went to bed. Ophelia lay awake thinking, mostly about her real son and how different he might have been to Aaron, before immediately feeling guilty.
As soon as he reached his home, Alysion headed inside and immediately collapsed on the bed. He had only bothered to take off his coat, but due to the day's events, he was exhausted. Deciding the shower could always wait until the next morning, he dozed off into his dreams and did not wake until a lengthy eight hours later, when the sun peeked over the horizon.

When the sunlight flowed into his room, however, he awoke with a jolt and looked to the clock. Deciding that nothing was of the matter, he fell back down to sleep some more.

((Alright, just kind of worked it in. Any ideas for this RP-day?))
As soon as he reached his home, Alysion headed inside and immediately collapsed on the bed. He had only bothered to take off his coat, but due to the day's events, he was exhausted. Deciding the shower could always wait until the next morning, he dozed off into his dreams and did not wake until a lengthy eight hours later, when the sun peeked over the horizon.

When the sunlight flowed into his room, however, he awoke with a jolt and looked to the clock. Deciding that nothing was of the matter, he fell back down to sleep some more.

((Alright, just kind of worked it in. Any ideas for this RP-day?))
XOxv5KE.png
((Nope, let's just roll with it. Aaron'll have school... umm... whatever you want to throw in there.))

Aaron woke up early. It's not like he had a choice; his alarm blared off like it did every day. It was his first day at a school full of the ordinary. Getting ready for the day ahead, he left the house before his mother had even stirred, beginning to walk to the school. He was thinking about Alysion, and how he'd been so strange Aarom had wanted to befriend him. He hoped he hadn't made a big mistake as he walked through the school gates.

A short while after, Ophelia woke up, She copied out Alysion's address into an address book that sat by the side of her bed, before considering whether or not she should go to see him. After all, she really needed to start looking for a job.
((Nope, let's just roll with it. Aaron'll have school... umm... whatever you want to throw in there.))

Aaron woke up early. It's not like he had a choice; his alarm blared off like it did every day. It was his first day at a school full of the ordinary. Getting ready for the day ahead, he left the house before his mother had even stirred, beginning to walk to the school. He was thinking about Alysion, and how he'd been so strange Aarom had wanted to befriend him. He hoped he hadn't made a big mistake as he walked through the school gates.

A short while after, Ophelia woke up, She copied out Alysion's address into an address book that sat by the side of her bed, before considering whether or not she should go to see him. After all, she really needed to start looking for a job.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65