Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Look to the Future [CLOSED RP]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Yanisha [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32034630] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/320347/32034630_350.png[/img] [/url] Hamlet had gotten used to The Grotto in his short time here. The land was lush and green, soft sunshine bathing the world in warm light. Dragons large and small made their homes at the bases of tall trees, some preferring to live in tree houses up above. There were strange dragons who had no homes, who merely lay down to sleep wherever they willed. At the head of it all stood the great marble temple of the Grotto, where the Oracles and the Matriarch and her family resided. Being rather shy, Hamlet did not know many dragons here. And he had only been here a few days besides. But it was relaxing. There was an atmosphere of quiet and peace, and many dragons of all personalities could reside here, so long as they followed the Matriarch without question and desired the Grotto to remain a peaceful place. Hamlet spent his tine drinking sweet lavender tea and picking flowers for his press-book. He had seen only one comforting vision, and that was the blurred and unclear feeling of a great-granddaughter that would make her way back to the clan somehow. He was out picking flowers one day, when his attention was drawn to a visitor of the clan.
@Yanisha

32034630_350.png

Hamlet had gotten used to The Grotto in his short time here. The land was lush and green, soft sunshine bathing the world in warm light. Dragons large and small made their homes at the bases of tall trees, some preferring to live in tree houses up above. There were strange dragons who had no homes, who merely lay down to sleep wherever they willed. At the head of it all stood the great marble temple of the Grotto, where the Oracles and the Matriarch and her family resided.

Being rather shy, Hamlet did not know many dragons here. And he had only been here a few days besides. But it was relaxing. There was an atmosphere of quiet and peace, and many dragons of all personalities could reside here, so long as they followed the Matriarch without question and desired the Grotto to remain a peaceful place.

Hamlet spent his tine drinking sweet lavender tea and picking flowers for his press-book. He had seen only one comforting vision, and that was the blurred and unclear feeling of a great-granddaughter that would make her way back to the clan somehow.

He was out picking flowers one day, when his attention was drawn to a visitor of the clan.
5YBJwjR.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19769142] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197692/19769142_350.png[/img] [/url] Boann had spent quite some time wandering to reach The Grotto. It was said the Dragons there were friendly enough to possibly trade knowledge for knowledge - and she was pretty sure she knew a good bit about healing Dragons, be their wounds in the soul or in the flesh. She made her way slowly this day, drawing strength from the quit, peaceful atmosphere of this part of the forest and nearly didn´t realize she had reached her target location. But there were smells of quite a few dragons in the air, and other smells she couldn´t lay her claws on. Her nose was at a loss, an all new experience that made the Tundra stop in her tracks. That was when she took notice of the Fae picking flowers. She took a curious sniff in his direction and bowed her head in a wordless greeting - remembering how her clan leader would flutter up and talk endlessly to new travellers, she expected this Fae to react in a similar way.

19769142_350.png

Boann had spent quite some time wandering to reach The Grotto. It was said the Dragons there were friendly enough to possibly trade knowledge for knowledge - and she was pretty sure she knew a good bit about healing Dragons, be their wounds in the soul or in the flesh.

She made her way slowly this day, drawing strength from the quit, peaceful atmosphere of this part of the forest and nearly didn´t realize she had reached her target location. But there were smells of quite a few dragons in the air, and other smells she couldn´t lay her claws on. Her nose was at a loss, an all new experience that made the Tundra stop in her tracks.

That was when she took notice of the Fae picking flowers. She took a curious sniff in his direction and bowed her head in a wordless greeting - remembering how her clan leader would flutter up and talk endlessly to new travellers, she expected this Fae to react in a similar way.
The Hatchery Masterlist
Hamlet noticed that the visitor, a Tundra female with bright green eyes like new grass and a beautiful splatter of colors across her wings and body, had acknowledged his presence. She looked so important...why was she taking any notice of him?

Flustered, Hamlet hid his face in his flowers, trying his best to look busy. Surely the Tundra would catch the eye of someone far more important...right?
Hamlet noticed that the visitor, a Tundra female with bright green eyes like new grass and a beautiful splatter of colors across her wings and body, had acknowledged his presence. She looked so important...why was she taking any notice of him?

Flustered, Hamlet hid his face in his flowers, trying his best to look busy. Surely the Tundra would catch the eye of someone far more important...right?
5YBJwjR.png
The reaction - or rather, his non-reaction, made Boann wrinkle her brows in confusion. He had noticed her, she was pretty sure she had seen the shortest flash of deep-blue eyes in her direction. He did not want to talk?
A little confused with this unusual reaction for a fae she knew as outgoing, easy-talking dragons, she took a closer look at the stranger. The bright, blue shimmer of his wings matched the markings running along his body very well, giving a great contrast to the dark red of his body. Not unattractive, she thought to herself and smiled.
But he looked so absorbed in his flowers by now that she didn´t want to disturb him. Surely there would be another dragon nearby to greet and make her presence known? She took a few, slow steps towards the direction that smelled most of other dragons and took a good look around to see if there were others nearby. If not, she would have to disturb the Fae at his flowers...
The reaction - or rather, his non-reaction, made Boann wrinkle her brows in confusion. He had noticed her, she was pretty sure she had seen the shortest flash of deep-blue eyes in her direction. He did not want to talk?
A little confused with this unusual reaction for a fae she knew as outgoing, easy-talking dragons, she took a closer look at the stranger. The bright, blue shimmer of his wings matched the markings running along his body very well, giving a great contrast to the dark red of his body. Not unattractive, she thought to herself and smiled.
But he looked so absorbed in his flowers by now that she didn´t want to disturb him. Surely there would be another dragon nearby to greet and make her presence known? She took a few, slow steps towards the direction that smelled most of other dragons and took a good look around to see if there were others nearby. If not, she would have to disturb the Fae at his flowers...
The Hatchery Masterlist
Hamlet felt his heart beat as fast as a butterfly's wings. She was approaching him! And it was just his luck that the guardian of the Grotto, Pantheon, was not around to greet their visitor!

While he was trying to decide what to do or what to say, he lost his grip on the bouquet of flowers he was carrying and they fell all around him into the grass. "Oh dear," Hamlet said sadly, his crests deflating like a folded fan. Now he's made a fool of himself in front of the beautiful Tundra. She'd for sure think him such a fool now.

//Pantheon is watching from afar...Satomi told them not to interfere with young love haha//
Hamlet felt his heart beat as fast as a butterfly's wings. She was approaching him! And it was just his luck that the guardian of the Grotto, Pantheon, was not around to greet their visitor!

While he was trying to decide what to do or what to say, he lost his grip on the bouquet of flowers he was carrying and they fell all around him into the grass. "Oh dear," Hamlet said sadly, his crests deflating like a folded fan. Now he's made a fool of himself in front of the beautiful Tundra. She'd for sure think him such a fool now.

//Pantheon is watching from afar...Satomi told them not to interfere with young love haha//
5YBJwjR.png
Seeing no obvious other dragons nearby, Boann focused her attention back to the Fae, just in time to see the so carefully picked bouquet of flowers fall. She saw the sadness this caused him, and felt a short sting in her heart.
"May I be of help, friend? I certainly hope your distress is not my fault. I did not want to upset or distract anyone who has such a delicate hand with flowers." She said in a deep, smooth voice rich with sympathy.
She stepped ever closer, careful not to tread on anything Hamlet might want to pick, and started to help him pick up and rearrange his flowers, sniffing them appreciatly. "These are gorgeous." She added, with a twinkle in her eyes and a smile on her lips. "Might I ask for what purpose you chose these?"
Seeing no obvious other dragons nearby, Boann focused her attention back to the Fae, just in time to see the so carefully picked bouquet of flowers fall. She saw the sadness this caused him, and felt a short sting in her heart.
"May I be of help, friend? I certainly hope your distress is not my fault. I did not want to upset or distract anyone who has such a delicate hand with flowers." She said in a deep, smooth voice rich with sympathy.
She stepped ever closer, careful not to tread on anything Hamlet might want to pick, and started to help him pick up and rearrange his flowers, sniffing them appreciatly. "These are gorgeous." She added, with a twinkle in her eyes and a smile on her lips. "Might I ask for what purpose you chose these?"
The Hatchery Masterlist
"I, uh..." Hamlet stammered, his heart in his throat. "N-no, you didn't, it's not your fault!" He blushed at her compliment; he, a delicate hand?! He fluttered down to help her as well, graciously accepting the flowers. "Oh," he said to her question, "It's...it might seem a bit silly, but I keep having this vision of my great-great granddaughter. Well, it's more of a feeling, cause I can't see what she looks like...but I want to collect some pretty flowers, and put them away in a book for her." He shrugged. "It sounds pretty crazy, I know. Even for a dragon of the Tidelord."
"I, uh..." Hamlet stammered, his heart in his throat. "N-no, you didn't, it's not your fault!" He blushed at her compliment; he, a delicate hand?! He fluttered down to help her as well, graciously accepting the flowers. "Oh," he said to her question, "It's...it might seem a bit silly, but I keep having this vision of my great-great granddaughter. Well, it's more of a feeling, cause I can't see what she looks like...but I want to collect some pretty flowers, and put them away in a book for her." He shrugged. "It sounds pretty crazy, I know. Even for a dragon of the Tidelord."
5YBJwjR.png
Boann turned her head sideways, a quizzical look on her face. "Why would you think doing something for an unborn child that is so dear and important that you get visions about her sounds crazy? I must say, I am rather impressed. I never actually met a dragon with the Tidelords blessing, though I heard about the gift of seeing the future. If you think it´s worth doing, you should not be ashamed..." Her voice grew ever softer while she spoke, obviously trying not to sound like she was lecturing the fae on their first meeting.
Then, quite suddenly, she tilted her head back and shook her winfs, laughing slightly and blushing herself - quite more visibly due to her coloring...
"But where are my manners... Please excuse me barging in on you like that, without even introducing me... I am Boann, Healer of Clan Fayette." Smiling brightly, she bows slightly to him, but doesn´t extend a claw for a handshake, as he has his hands full with the bouquet.
Boann turned her head sideways, a quizzical look on her face. "Why would you think doing something for an unborn child that is so dear and important that you get visions about her sounds crazy? I must say, I am rather impressed. I never actually met a dragon with the Tidelords blessing, though I heard about the gift of seeing the future. If you think it´s worth doing, you should not be ashamed..." Her voice grew ever softer while she spoke, obviously trying not to sound like she was lecturing the fae on their first meeting.
Then, quite suddenly, she tilted her head back and shook her winfs, laughing slightly and blushing herself - quite more visibly due to her coloring...
"But where are my manners... Please excuse me barging in on you like that, without even introducing me... I am Boann, Healer of Clan Fayette." Smiling brightly, she bows slightly to him, but doesn´t extend a claw for a handshake, as he has his hands full with the bouquet.
The Hatchery Masterlist
Hamlet hid in his bouquet with nerves. He hadn't told many dragons of his visions, but she was the first one who seemed interested. Perhaps in a clan led by important seers, a limited vision of the future was not at all remarkable.

"Thank you...that means a lot." He smiled at her warmly. "It's nice to meet you! My name's Hamlet, uhh..." He shrugged, "...resident tea drinker...?"
Hamlet hid in his bouquet with nerves. He hadn't told many dragons of his visions, but she was the first one who seemed interested. Perhaps in a clan led by important seers, a limited vision of the future was not at all remarkable.

"Thank you...that means a lot." He smiled at her warmly. "It's nice to meet you! My name's Hamlet, uhh..." He shrugged, "...resident tea drinker...?"
5YBJwjR.png
She smiled back at him, sympathy radiating from her like tangible heat.
His reply made Boann chuckle, the sound could envelop listeners like a heartfelt hug.
"It´s really nice to meet you, Hamlet. Maybe you could help me out of a tight spot...
I´ve flown and wandered quite a streak to get here - and am not even sure I´m in the right place... Is this the place called the Grotto? And if it is - to whom should I talk to get a permission to stay a while, and possibly learn?"
Her gaze expresses confidence that he is just the one to answer this question, the warm smile still tugs at her lips. One could say that her whole posture emits self-esteem and confidence - as well in herself as in Hamlet´s ability to help.
She smiled back at him, sympathy radiating from her like tangible heat.
His reply made Boann chuckle, the sound could envelop listeners like a heartfelt hug.
"It´s really nice to meet you, Hamlet. Maybe you could help me out of a tight spot...
I´ve flown and wandered quite a streak to get here - and am not even sure I´m in the right place... Is this the place called the Grotto? And if it is - to whom should I talk to get a permission to stay a while, and possibly learn?"
Her gaze expresses confidence that he is just the one to answer this question, the warm smile still tugs at her lips. One could say that her whole posture emits self-esteem and confidence - as well in herself as in Hamlet´s ability to help.
The Hatchery Masterlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9