Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Now I'll Kindly Bid You Adieu (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(I may or may not have done some research on the birds that I'm roleplaying as XD)

Akira zipped happily around the Jungle as she liked to refer to it as, particularly enjoying this morning. If it weren't for the lab nearby, she would've forgotten that this place was mainly run by White Coats as she preferred to calm them. Her stomach growled; she needed some food. Luckily, her species was mainly herbivorous, so she didn't need to hunt any insects down or anything like that. All she needed was...

"A flower!" she squawked upon seeing a Jungle Bells flower down below. She opened her talons and descended, making sure to maintain her balance. She then leaned close to the flower and opened her beak, using her tongue to gather nectar off of the flower. She knew that her tongue was equipped papillae appendage so that she could gather nectar off of flowers, at least that's what she heard the White Coats say once. She was technically a parrot - no - a true parrot. That sounds like a high position, she thought, smirking. True parrots were one of the most intelligent of all the bird groups, and were great fliers as well as excellent climbers. She especially appreciated the latter fact; if her wings were hurt, she would be able to climb trees to get around.

Akira then spread her wings once she was done feeding and took off once more. She flew up and twisted in the air, stopping once she got high enough. She enjoyed being free out here in the Jungle, but she didn't enjoy the loneliness that accompanied it. Especially since she had no family out here, including her closest family member, Dust.

Dust looked around the lab he was in. He didn't sleep last night; he didn't feel like he needed to. Sleep was pointless as far as he was concerned. In fact, while some find sleep as an escape from reality, he found that he could never escape from the lab. No matter how many times he tried not to have any nightmares or dreams concerning this stupid lab, he always did. He remained still in his temporary cage, waiting to be taken back to his normal cage, which was a jungle like semi-spacey cell. For some reason, he wasn't in that jungle cell right now. Oh wait. He was brought here a few hours ago and no one touched him leading up to this moment. Why was he brought in this room again?

He just hoped that dog wasn't coming back to eat the birds alive. He didn't mind Marble that much when she wasn't trying to eat him. Maybe this time he could try to talk to her? I don't know about that, he thought, doubting his idea. He wouldn't even be trying to do it to get out... he was just lonely nowadays. Granted he considered it to be half his fault, since he didn't bother talking to anyone, but still... it would be nice to talk to Akira again, in a place that wasn't like this prison.
(I may or may not have done some research on the birds that I'm roleplaying as XD)

Akira zipped happily around the Jungle as she liked to refer to it as, particularly enjoying this morning. If it weren't for the lab nearby, she would've forgotten that this place was mainly run by White Coats as she preferred to calm them. Her stomach growled; she needed some food. Luckily, her species was mainly herbivorous, so she didn't need to hunt any insects down or anything like that. All she needed was...

"A flower!" she squawked upon seeing a Jungle Bells flower down below. She opened her talons and descended, making sure to maintain her balance. She then leaned close to the flower and opened her beak, using her tongue to gather nectar off of the flower. She knew that her tongue was equipped papillae appendage so that she could gather nectar off of flowers, at least that's what she heard the White Coats say once. She was technically a parrot - no - a true parrot. That sounds like a high position, she thought, smirking. True parrots were one of the most intelligent of all the bird groups, and were great fliers as well as excellent climbers. She especially appreciated the latter fact; if her wings were hurt, she would be able to climb trees to get around.

Akira then spread her wings once she was done feeding and took off once more. She flew up and twisted in the air, stopping once she got high enough. She enjoyed being free out here in the Jungle, but she didn't enjoy the loneliness that accompanied it. Especially since she had no family out here, including her closest family member, Dust.

Dust looked around the lab he was in. He didn't sleep last night; he didn't feel like he needed to. Sleep was pointless as far as he was concerned. In fact, while some find sleep as an escape from reality, he found that he could never escape from the lab. No matter how many times he tried not to have any nightmares or dreams concerning this stupid lab, he always did. He remained still in his temporary cage, waiting to be taken back to his normal cage, which was a jungle like semi-spacey cell. For some reason, he wasn't in that jungle cell right now. Oh wait. He was brought here a few hours ago and no one touched him leading up to this moment. Why was he brought in this room again?

He just hoped that dog wasn't coming back to eat the birds alive. He didn't mind Marble that much when she wasn't trying to eat him. Maybe this time he could try to talk to her? I don't know about that, he thought, doubting his idea. He wouldn't even be trying to do it to get out... he was just lonely nowadays. Granted he considered it to be half his fault, since he didn't bother talking to anyone, but still... it would be nice to talk to Akira again, in a place that wasn't like this prison.
xk7ymDQ.png
@SoulLugia11 (lol, same here XD But uh, wasn't Akira Option 2? Because, lol, Pip is Option 1, which would place her inside the lab, and Akira outside in the Jungle. XD See, the "cage" some of the birds are in is supposed to look like a jungle, but the trees have been genetically modified, the insects have too, and it's just all around weird XD
Sorry if that was confusing! I do love people to come talk to my bird, lol)
@SoulLugia11 (lol, same here XD But uh, wasn't Akira Option 2? Because, lol, Pip is Option 1, which would place her inside the lab, and Akira outside in the Jungle. XD See, the "cage" some of the birds are in is supposed to look like a jungle, but the trees have been genetically modified, the insects have too, and it's just all around weird XD
Sorry if that was confusing! I do love people to come talk to my bird, lol)
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@WillowtheWisp (sorry about that! I didn't pay attention, I had to get something out before I was left behind and the school wifi switched to the one that doesn't allow Flight Rising XD I'll go ahead and edit ^^)
@WillowtheWisp (sorry about that! I didn't pay attention, I had to get something out before I was left behind and the school wifi switched to the one that doesn't allow Flight Rising XD I'll go ahead and edit ^^)
xk7ymDQ.png
(( Whew, I'm offline for a bit due to real life and there's already five pages XD
Has anything important happened so far? ))
(( Whew, I'm offline for a bit due to real life and there's already five pages XD
Has anything important happened so far? ))
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
((@Windshear nothing important has happened so far, just introductions and stuff))
((@Windshear nothing important has happened so far, just introductions and stuff))
xk7ymDQ.png
(( Mmk. So I'll just wander around until I run into someone :P
Also I'm subscribed, so you don't need to ping me. ))
(( Mmk. So I'll just wander around until I run into someone :P
Also I'm subscribed, so you don't need to ping me. ))
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@WillowtheWisp
I'm Free is still open?
@WillowtheWisp
I'm Free is still open?
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
((AAAAAAAAA SRRY I'M SO LATE OAO))

Josh snoozed in his cage, silent; which was rare. Well, for him, considering his amazingly funny and annoying personality. He woke up and it took him a few minutes too realize he was in his big ((yes hes a large bird sorta))thin metal bar connected habitat. He suddenly and almost immediately started calling. "I'M AWAKE GET ME OUT OF HERE PLEASE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE PLEASE!" This was heard from several rooms away((Lol he's that loud XD)). A scientist walked up to his cage and unlocked it. "Thanks you." He said walking out. He was then off for breakfast.
((AAAAAAAAA SRRY I'M SO LATE OAO))

Josh snoozed in his cage, silent; which was rare. Well, for him, considering his amazingly funny and annoying personality. He woke up and it took him a few minutes too realize he was in his big ((yes hes a large bird sorta))thin metal bar connected habitat. He suddenly and almost immediately started calling. "I'M AWAKE GET ME OUT OF HERE PLEASE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE PLEASE!" This was heard from several rooms away((Lol he's that loud XD)). A scientist walked up to his cage and unlocked it. "Thanks you." He said walking out. He was then off for breakfast.
Pip hopped out of the water's cool embrace to instead rest on a rock in the middle, drying her tiny tail feathers and fluffing herself up.
Unbeknownst to her, she looked like an orange cupcake with feathers.
This place didn't look very big. Big enough for her, if she were to live here- which she had no intention of doing- but what about the other animals living here?
A sinking feeling came over her.
I can't be the only one, can I?

The hummingbird jumped, the creamy orange feathers on her back inflating as a shout echoed into the cage.
After a moment, she could actually discern words, "...GET ME OUT OF HERE PLEASE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE PLEASE!"
Oh no! What were they doing to him??
Pip took flight again in a panic, frantically flying along the wall and searching for some way to reach the poor bird.
How she was supposed to help, she didn't know, but she certainly wasn't going to sit around doing NOTHING.
There was no way out.

She buzzed around the entire length of the circular like an oversized bumblebee, and there was no way out.
She noticed with a trace of fury that the No-wings were scribbling furiously, huge, bulging eyes in strange colors fixed on her with ominous intensity.
How dare they! Didn't they hear him?
Pip flew right up in front of the glass and buzzed angrily against it, but it did no good except make her feel better when a few of the No-wings stepped back, and she was tiring.
She needed to eat.
Sighing and turning away, but not admitting defeat- not by a long shot-, the tiny bird turned away in search of flowers and insects.
She soon found a bush covered in luscious purple flowers, so after analyzing it carefully, she dipped her elongated beak down the center of one such flower and sipped the sweet nectar.
It didn't taste like any she'd ever had before, but not dangerously so. Just different.
Pip hopped out of the water's cool embrace to instead rest on a rock in the middle, drying her tiny tail feathers and fluffing herself up.
Unbeknownst to her, she looked like an orange cupcake with feathers.
This place didn't look very big. Big enough for her, if she were to live here- which she had no intention of doing- but what about the other animals living here?
A sinking feeling came over her.
I can't be the only one, can I?

The hummingbird jumped, the creamy orange feathers on her back inflating as a shout echoed into the cage.
After a moment, she could actually discern words, "...GET ME OUT OF HERE PLEASE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE PLEASE!"
Oh no! What were they doing to him??
Pip took flight again in a panic, frantically flying along the wall and searching for some way to reach the poor bird.
How she was supposed to help, she didn't know, but she certainly wasn't going to sit around doing NOTHING.
There was no way out.

She buzzed around the entire length of the circular like an oversized bumblebee, and there was no way out.
She noticed with a trace of fury that the No-wings were scribbling furiously, huge, bulging eyes in strange colors fixed on her with ominous intensity.
How dare they! Didn't they hear him?
Pip flew right up in front of the glass and buzzed angrily against it, but it did no good except make her feel better when a few of the No-wings stepped back, and she was tiring.
She needed to eat.
Sighing and turning away, but not admitting defeat- not by a long shot-, the tiny bird turned away in search of flowers and insects.
She soon found a bush covered in luscious purple flowers, so after analyzing it carefully, she dipped her elongated beak down the center of one such flower and sipped the sweet nectar.
It didn't taste like any she'd ever had before, but not dangerously so. Just different.
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
((Just a reminder, most of the birds are in a large, jungle-like container, not a small cage.))

Marble was soon at the lab, where she jumped off the floor of the car excitedly, immediately looking for her friend Puna once she got in. However, there was a delicious smell wafting in from the courtyard, which was the meat of some kind of reptile, she guessed, and perhaps it's eggs. She started to head towards the delicious meal, but was stopped by a small, colorful bird coming over to her. "Puna!" she yelped happily.

At Puna's news about some kind of hummingbird getting stuck on a sap tree and then escaping, she unconsciously licked her lips before giving her reaction. "Huh, that's really cool! That small bird must've had a lot of trouble getting out.. I heard hummingbirds are really small, like a bite-size meal to predators. Anyway, stretching my legs was pretty nice. Nothing interesting, though."

She turned her head in the direction of the courtyard, deciding to tell Puna of her intentions. "There's something in the courtyard, some kind of meat, I think. I don't think you'd like it, but you can come along with me if you like. After that, I think I'll see that hummingbird you talked about!" Making sure not to disrupt Puna, she slowly headed off in the direction of the courtyard, giving plenty of time for her to catch up if she wanted to follow along on her tasty quest.

((Just a reminder, most of the birds are in a large, jungle-like container, not a small cage.))

Marble was soon at the lab, where she jumped off the floor of the car excitedly, immediately looking for her friend Puna once she got in. However, there was a delicious smell wafting in from the courtyard, which was the meat of some kind of reptile, she guessed, and perhaps it's eggs. She started to head towards the delicious meal, but was stopped by a small, colorful bird coming over to her. "Puna!" she yelped happily.

At Puna's news about some kind of hummingbird getting stuck on a sap tree and then escaping, she unconsciously licked her lips before giving her reaction. "Huh, that's really cool! That small bird must've had a lot of trouble getting out.. I heard hummingbirds are really small, like a bite-size meal to predators. Anyway, stretching my legs was pretty nice. Nothing interesting, though."

She turned her head in the direction of the courtyard, deciding to tell Puna of her intentions. "There's something in the courtyard, some kind of meat, I think. I don't think you'd like it, but you can come along with me if you like. After that, I think I'll see that hummingbird you talked about!" Making sure not to disrupt Puna, she slowly headed off in the direction of the courtyard, giving plenty of time for her to catch up if she wanted to follow along on her tasty quest.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9