Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Now I'll Kindly Bid You Adieu (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Name: Liia Age: 18 (In human years; I'm assuming that's what we're using?) Gender: Female Type of Bird: Superb Lyrebird Option 1, 2, or 3: 2 Image: [img]https://files.allaboutbirds.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Lyrebird-Welbergen-720x405.jpg[/img] Personality: Unlike many of her species, who would rather spend their time sunning themselves and gossiping, Liia is what we would consider a 'Tomboy.' Loud, boisterous, and dramatic, all eyes are on her once she lands on the tree. Birds are naturally drawn to her, loud personality often mistaken as someone who is strong and reliable. Because of that, she often worries when birds disappear, blaming herself for their (possible) deaths. After all, once you disappear from the Jungle, you may never be seen again. Backstory (optional): Rather average; was born into a nest of two. She and her sister were and are extremely close. Generally seen together, even though they are polar opposites. Having never followed the crowd, she fully embraced her differences and gained popularity because of it. Extra: - Due to a genetic mutation in the Y chromosome, Liia has the same capacity for voice mimicking as male Lyrebirds. (Though, the capacity for voice mimicry for the average female lyrebird is nothing to laugh at.) (( Currently adding two more; is that ok? Also, is it alright that I made Liia have the mimicry capacities of a male lyrebird? I just want her to be a Special Snowflake™ )) Name: Sahna Age: 17 Gender: Female Type of Bird: Superb Lyrebird Option 1, 2, or 3: 2 Image: [img]http://www.oiseaux-birds.com/passeriformes/menurides/menure-superbe/menure-superbe-male-pi3.jpg[/img] Personality: While her sister attracts the attention of everyone in the room, Sahna works behind the scenes. Quiet, cunning, and manipulative, she is every bit like most of her species; except, while many just share empty gossip with air-headed friends, she has the brains to get everyone under her influence. There are very few birds that she is genuinely kind to; one of them being her sister. When they were little, Liia always attracted more attention, leaving Sahna to become quieter in Liia's presence. It's not as if she's even bothered by it anymore. She has just come to except that birds will always make their way over to the extroverted Liia, instead of the quiet little bird hiding under her feathers. Nevertheless, Sahna still has a lot of influence in the Jungle. Due to her being extremely quiet, and extradordinary mimicry skills (Though, they aren't as extensive as Liia's; rather, she is simply above average compared to most females, who an mimic the calls of many other birds in the jungle and the sounds of nature.) She can easily get dirt on a lot of the birds here. Therefore, everyone is at least slightly afraid of the information she holds. Backstory (optional): Due to being a secondborn, Sahna was often overlooked in favor of Liia. She doesn't mind, though. It makes it much easier to do what she wants. Extra: (( Second birb done! Just gotta finish the last boy (((((Who will be male)))))) and we're all set to go! )) Name: James Age: 18 Gender: Male Type of Bird: Peacock Option 1, 2, or 3: 3 Image: [img]http://www.pixoto.com/images-photography/animals/birds/indian-peacock-5048195775201280.jpg[/img] Personality: James is flashy. Eye-catching. Stunning. At least, that's what his owner tells him. Never missing a chance to flaunt his style, James loves to (ironically) show off in front of the other birds. However, despite his sparkly appearance, he is actually quite the dork. He likes to listen to the sciency lectures of his caretakers, and enjoys mental stimulation, along with talking to the birds. Generally allowed free range of the compound, since he has never ventured far from it when he (occasionally) escapes. Backstory (optional): Rescued from an illegal animal trade when he had just hatched, he was raised in captivity by a few kind scientists. (Sorry if this last guy looks a little underdeveloped- wrote him in a rush.)
Name: Liia
Age: 18 (In human years; I'm assuming that's what we're using?)

Type of Bird: Superb Lyrebird

Option 1, 2, or 3: 2
Image: Lyrebird-Welbergen-720x405.jpg

Personality: Unlike many of her species, who would rather spend their time sunning themselves and gossiping, Liia is what we would consider a 'Tomboy.' Loud, boisterous, and dramatic, all eyes are on her once she lands on the tree. Birds are naturally drawn to her, loud personality often mistaken as someone who is strong and reliable. Because of that, she often worries when birds disappear, blaming herself for their (possible) deaths. After all, once you disappear from the Jungle, you may never be seen again.

Backstory (optional): Rather average; was born into a nest of two. She and her sister were and are extremely close. Generally seen together, even though they are polar opposites. Having never followed the crowd, she fully embraced her differences and gained popularity because of it.

Extra:

- Due to a genetic mutation in the Y chromosome, Liia has the same capacity for voice mimicking as male Lyrebirds. (Though, the capacity for voice mimicry for the average female lyrebird is nothing to laugh at.)

(( Currently adding two more; is that ok? Also, is it alright that I made Liia have the mimicry capacities of a male lyrebird? I just want her to be a Special Snowflake™ ))

Name: Sahna
Type of Bird: Superb Lyrebird
Option 1, 2, or 3: 2
Image: menure-superbe-male-pi3.jpg
Personality: While her sister attracts the attention of everyone in the room, Sahna works behind the scenes. Quiet, cunning, and manipulative, she is every bit like most of her species; except, while many just share empty gossip with air-headed friends, she has the brains to get everyone under her influence. There are very few birds that she is genuinely kind to; one of them being her sister. When they were little, Liia always attracted more attention, leaving Sahna to become quieter in Liia's presence. It's not as if she's even bothered by it anymore. She has just come to except that birds will always make their way over to the extroverted Liia, instead of the quiet little bird hiding under her feathers. Nevertheless, Sahna still has a lot of influence in the Jungle. Due to her being extremely quiet, and extradordinary mimicry skills (Though, they aren't as extensive as Liia's; rather, she is simply above average compared to most females, who an mimic the calls of many other birds in the jungle and the sounds of nature.) She can easily get dirt on a lot of the birds here. Therefore, everyone is at least slightly afraid of the information she holds.

Backstory (optional): Due to being a secondborn, Sahna was often overlooked in favor of Liia. She doesn't mind, though. It makes it much easier to do what she wants.

Extra:

(( Second birb done! Just gotta finish the last boy (((((Who will be male)))))) and we're all set to go! ))

Name: James
Type of Bird: Peacock
Option 1, 2, or 3: 3
Image: indian-peacock-5048195775201280.jpg
Personality: James is flashy. Eye-catching. Stunning. At least, that's what his owner tells him. Never missing a chance to flaunt his style, James loves to (ironically) show off in front of the other birds. However, despite his sparkly appearance, he is actually quite the dork. He likes to listen to the sciency lectures of his caretakers, and enjoys mental stimulation, along with talking to the birds. Generally allowed free range of the compound, since he has never ventured far from it when he (occasionally) escapes.
Backstory (optional): Rescued from an illegal animal trade when he had just hatched, he was raised in captivity by a few kind scientists.

(Sorry if this last guy looks a little underdeveloped- wrote him in a rush.)
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
Name: Hoarfrost Age: 3 years Gender: Female Type of Bird: Snowy Owl Option 1, 2, or 3: 1 Image:[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Snowy_Owl_-_Schnee-Eule.jpg[/img] Personality: Hoarfrost hates humans and the lab (and dislikes just about everything else), but she thinks there's pretty much no chance of escape, so she doesn't even try. If a real opportunity comes up, she'd take it and do anything to ensure her freedom and survival. She isn't the nicest bird, and would gladly hurt a human if she could get away with it.
Name: Hoarfrost
Type of Bird: Snowy Owl
Option 1, 2, or 3: 1
Image:Snowy_Owl_-_Schnee-Eule.jpg
Personality: Hoarfrost hates humans and the lab (and dislikes just about everything else), but she thinks there's pretty much no chance of escape, so she doesn't even try. If a real opportunity comes up, she'd take it and do anything to ensure her freedom and survival. She isn't the nicest bird, and would gladly hurt a human if she could get away with it.
sell me tundras and ridgies
there's no u in MY color fight me british lads
-WillowtheWisp [b]Name:[/b] Marble [b]Age:[/b] Young Adult, but [i]extremely, extremely[/i] close to Adult. [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Type of Bird:[/b] Oh, this here is totally a bird. Not anything else at all... (dog, Australian Shepard+Unknown) [b]Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!):[/b] 3 [b]Image:[/b] [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/f2/cd/1ef2cda9687a63a886968e7c003bbbf6.jpg[/img] [b]Personality:[/b] Marble is generally a quiet dog, liking to spend her time in the caged area and thinking about how delicious those exotic birds would taste like. Unfortunately (for her, at least) the cages are locked firmly, so she wouldn't be able to catch them anyway, and even if she did, she would be severely punished, so she just spends her time imagining them as a meal instead. She's generally on good terms with her fellow companion to the scientists, Puna, since she has been trained not to kill her or put her in Marble's mouth. She doesn't attempt to kill and eat Puna, and they have developed an unlikely friendship, and Puna and Marble are the best of friends. For her actual personality, Marble is quiet, following orders and never hesitating to help the scientists. She doesn't help or hurt the birds in any way (but probably just terrifying them as she stalks by). Marble is a loyal, kind, dog, but maybe just fueled by instincts, food and kindness than most of the birds would like her to be. She is generally excitable, but less so than her normal breed, since she has different blood in her family. Instead of generally bouncing off the walls, she just trots around the large building, trying not to get in anyone's way. Intelligence-wise, Marble is not... the sharpest tool in the shed. She can be dumb sometimes, and has a hard time seeing things from other people's perspective (Like why the birds should be freed.) Sure, her breed is smart, and she can definitely solve a few basic logic puzzles and figure out if something is worth it before she does it, but she's not on the sharper side of that breed, and she's not good with figuring out other's (often complex) emotions as well. [b]Backstory (optional):[/b] Marble was brought as a pup to the lab by an intern, or perhaps a young scientist. Most of the older scientists thought that bringing her was a terrible idea, as she would probably break everything and anything in her adventures. But her owner insisted, and trained her well, to follow orders perfectly and not to get in anyone's way. She's seen more as a companion, or a last defense to catch some birds if some do manage to get out. She has grown on most of the scientists, and she's like their mascot, along with Puna, although some still do dislike her. Puna was brought soon after, and they soon became the best of friends (after learning that eating Puna is a no-no, of course.) She does not stay at the lab full-time, as she comes to the lab with her owner, and leaves with them. Marble is mostly allowed free rein of the labs (not including some special rooms), unless something is happening in these rooms and it's locked away for the day. ((Also, -BelladonnaBloom, if you'd like Puna to be friends or enemies with Marble, that would be fine with me! And if the owner owns both of them, or if there are separate owners.))
-WillowtheWisp

Name: Marble
Age: Young Adult, but extremely, extremely close to Adult.
Type of Bird: Oh, this here is totally a bird. Not anything else at all... (dog, Australian Shepard+Unknown)
Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 3
Image:
1ef2cda9687a63a886968e7c003bbbf6.jpg
Personality: Marble is generally a quiet dog, liking to spend her time in the caged area and thinking about how delicious those exotic birds would taste like. Unfortunately (for her, at least) the cages are locked firmly, so she wouldn't be able to catch them anyway, and even if she did, she would be severely punished, so she just spends her time imagining them as a meal instead.
She's generally on good terms with her fellow companion to the scientists, Puna, since she has been trained not to kill her or put her in Marble's mouth. She doesn't attempt to kill and eat Puna, and they have developed an unlikely friendship, and Puna and Marble are the best of friends.
For her actual personality, Marble is quiet, following orders and never hesitating to help the scientists. She doesn't help or hurt the birds in any way (but probably just terrifying them as she stalks by). Marble is a loyal, kind, dog, but maybe just fueled by instincts, food and kindness than most of the birds would like her to be.
She is generally excitable, but less so than her normal breed, since she has different blood in her family. Instead of generally bouncing off the walls, she just trots around the large building, trying not to get in anyone's way.
Intelligence-wise, Marble is not... the sharpest tool in the shed. She can be dumb sometimes, and has a hard time seeing things from other people's perspective (Like why the birds should be freed.) Sure, her breed is smart, and she can definitely solve a few basic logic puzzles and figure out if something is worth it before she does it, but she's not on the sharper side of that breed, and she's not good with figuring out other's (often complex) emotions as well.
Backstory (optional): Marble was brought as a pup to the lab by an intern, or perhaps a young scientist. Most of the older scientists thought that bringing her was a terrible idea, as she would probably break everything and anything in her adventures. But her owner insisted, and trained her well, to follow orders perfectly and not to get in anyone's way. She's seen more as a companion, or a last defense to catch some birds if some do manage to get out. She has grown on most of the scientists, and she's like their mascot, along with Puna, although some still do dislike her.
Puna was brought soon after, and they soon became the best of friends (after learning that eating Puna is a no-no, of course.)
She does not stay at the lab full-time, as she comes to the lab with her owner, and leaves with them.
Marble is mostly allowed free rein of the labs (not including some special rooms), unless something is happening in these rooms and it's locked away for the day.

((Also, -BelladonnaBloom, if you'd like Puna to be friends or enemies with Marble, that would be fine with me! And if the owner owns both of them, or if there are separate owners.))
@Dogsblubblub Totally fine! Some variety is nice! :P

@Pandacow Accepted!

Btw, as a side note, please subscribe! Pings are annoying, lol
@Dogsblubblub Totally fine! Some variety is nice! :P

@Pandacow Accepted!

Btw, as a side note, please subscribe! Pings are annoying, lol
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@WillowTheWisp This looks cool :3 I'll join soon!
@WillowTheWisp This looks cool :3 I'll join soon!
@Pandacow (in case you're not subbed)

((Sounds like a great idea! Puna would definitely like to be a friend of Marble's. Whether they share an owner is up to you, as I don't really mind either way :) ))
@Pandacow (in case you're not subbed)

((Sounds like a great idea! Puna would definitely like to be a friend of Marble's. Whether they share an owner is up to you, as I don't really mind either way :) ))

I have a great weakness for plants, good stories, and dragons.
I'll create a male + female character, and although this is a mere suggestion, I would advise on keeping the genders equal by locking off a gender until the other gender is around the same amount as the other. {In this case, we may have to lock females.} This is a suggestion though, no need to listen.
I'll create a male + female character, and although this is a mere suggestion, I would advise on keeping the genders equal by locking off a gender until the other gender is around the same amount as the other. {In this case, we may have to lock females.} This is a suggestion though, no need to listen.
CxEBf1c.png xx lark
he/him
+2 fr time
x
-BelladonnaBloom

((I'll think I'll have them share owners, as it would probably make more sense. Great to see that Marble has a friend right off the bat, by the way@))

((And I am subbed, but I'm fine with being pinged in OOC posts.))
-BelladonnaBloom

((I'll think I'll have them share owners, as it would probably make more sense. Great to see that Marble has a friend right off the bat, by the way@))

((And I am subbed, but I'm fine with being pinged in OOC posts.))
((I'm subbed by the way, but I don't mind being pinged if anyone wants to ^^))
((I'm subbed by the way, but I don't mind being pinged if anyone wants to ^^))
xk7ymDQ.png
Okay, awesome! That is a good idea, lol, Lavendetta, so we'll get a few more people with male players and then we can start!
Okay, awesome! That is a good idea, lol, Lavendetta, so we'll get a few more people with male players and then we can start!
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9