Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Now I'll Kindly Bid You Adieu (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello! I saw a Bird RP and I was like, "OOOOOH, YAAAZ, PRECIOUS!" but didn't want to join because it looked like a LOT of people were in it. So, here's mine! ATTENTION: The balance between males and females is upset in female favor, SO, I'm [i]highly[/i] suggesting you create male characters. Of course, if you were to make two male characters and then a female, that would be acceptable, but I'm not sure many of you want to take on that many so early on, lol. Basically, in this, humans are...evil. Heh. Or at least, the only humans the birds have ever known are, because there are three places you can start out in: 1. In a science lab, where human are experimenting on you for unknown reasons. You're locked in a cage most of the time, and often your fellows are taken away and never seen again. 2. In the jungle outside the lab, where you were born and raised, but your family and friends often disappear into the lab. The Jungle birds simply call the ones who disappear, "The Forgotten." because they've tried to get them out before, and it hasn't worked. 3. You can be one of the scientists' pets. You know all the ins and outs of the lab, and it's your decision to either help the captive birds out, or help the scientists keep them in check. Your choice. Here's the forum. Name: Age: Gender: Type of Bird: Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): Image: Personality: Backstory (optional): Annnnnnnnd here's my bird! Name: Pip Age: Young adult (17 in human years) Gender: female Type of Bird: Hummingbird Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 1 Image/Description: [img]http://www.hummingbirdsathome.org/birdpics/1.jpg[/img] Personality: Despite her small size, she's spunky, sweet, sassy, and isn't afraid to start a fight with birds much larger and much more capable than she is. She uses her small size and clever mind to her advantage when faced with opponents, whether they're fellow bird or deranged human. Backstory (optional): Pretty average. She was born outside, in the Jungle, and once captured, never stopped trying to escape.
Hello! I saw a Bird RP and I was like, "OOOOOH, YAAAZ, PRECIOUS!" but didn't want to join because it looked like a LOT of people were in it.
So, here's mine!

ATTENTION: The balance between males and females is upset in female favor, SO, I'm highly suggesting you create male characters. Of course, if you were to make two male characters and then a female, that would be acceptable, but I'm not sure many of you want to take on that many so early on, lol.

Basically, in this, humans are...evil. Heh. Or at least, the only humans the birds have ever known are, because there are three places you can start out in:
1. In a science lab, where human are experimenting on you for unknown reasons. You're locked in a cage most of the time, and often your fellows are taken away and never seen again.
2. In the jungle outside the lab, where you were born and raised, but your family and friends often disappear into the lab. The Jungle birds simply call the ones who disappear, "The Forgotten." because they've tried to get them out before, and it hasn't worked.
3. You can be one of the scientists' pets. You know all the ins and outs of the lab, and it's your decision to either help the captive birds out, or help the scientists keep them in check.
Your choice.

Here's the forum.

Name:
Type of Bird:
Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!):
Image:
Personality:
Backstory (optional):

Annnnnnnnd here's my bird!

Name: Pip
Type of Bird: Hummingbird
Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 1
Image/Description: 1.jpg
Personality: Despite her small size, she's spunky, sweet, sassy, and isn't afraid to start a fight with birds much larger and much more capable than she is. She uses her small size and clever mind to her advantage when faced with opponents, whether they're fellow bird or deranged human.
Backstory (optional): Pretty average. She was born outside, in the Jungle, and once captured, never stopped trying to escape.
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Rules

1. NO one-liners (I'm sorry, I just HATE the little- Ahem. You get the point)
2. No god-modding
3. Be respectful to other players. If your character is snarky, that doesn't mean you hafta be in real life.
4. Try to stay active!
5. Umm, don't kill each other without each other's permission (lol, that sounds so weird)
6. Romance is allowed! (SUCKER FOR ROMANCE OVER HERE)
7. I reserve the right to refuse you entry or kick you out of the RP for any reason (sorry! I probably won't, lol)
8. These are birds. Just birds. Not powerful, fire-breathing birds or birds that can lift enormous amounts of rubble- Just no. They're birds. They have their brain (which can be exceptionally smarter than the average bird in this, lol), beaks, talons, and wings.
9. Please wait until your character is accepted before you start RPing!
10. Please be at least semi-literate!

Y'know, just basic stuff. :) Ready? SHOW MEH SOME BIRDIES!
Rules

1. NO one-liners (I'm sorry, I just HATE the little- Ahem. You get the point)
2. No god-modding
3. Be respectful to other players. If your character is snarky, that doesn't mean you hafta be in real life.
4. Try to stay active!
5. Umm, don't kill each other without each other's permission (lol, that sounds so weird)
6. Romance is allowed! (SUCKER FOR ROMANCE OVER HERE)
7. I reserve the right to refuse you entry or kick you out of the RP for any reason (sorry! I probably won't, lol)
8. These are birds. Just birds. Not powerful, fire-breathing birds or birds that can lift enormous amounts of rubble- Just no. They're birds. They have their brain (which can be exceptionally smarter than the average bird in this, lol), beaks, talons, and wings.
9. Please wait until your character is accepted before you start RPing!
10. Please be at least semi-literate!

Y'know, just basic stuff. :) Ready? SHOW MEH SOME BIRDIES!

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@WillowTheWisp (Didn't know if you were subscribed. I am now, so don't ping please!) Name: Aspen Age: Young adult Gender: Female Type of Bird: Dark-Eyed Junco Option: 3 Image: [img]http://imgur.com/lu7jifb.png[/img] Personality: Aspen is a curious, adventurous bird, but with a heavily sarcastic attitude. She hates the lab and everything to do with it, despite being some form of 'pet' to the humans. She can be a little snarky at times, but she only wants the best for other birds. She hates seeing how the humans treat the other birds, and she's currently thinking of how to save them. Aspen knows the humans quite well, and despite hating them, she can usually predict what they're going to do.
@WillowTheWisp
(Didn't know if you were subscribed. I am now, so don't ping please!)

Name: Aspen
Type of Bird: Dark-Eyed Junco
Option: 3
Image:
lu7jifb.png
Personality: Aspen is a curious, adventurous bird, but with a heavily sarcastic attitude. She hates the lab and everything to do with it, despite being some form of 'pet' to the humans. She can be a little snarky at times, but she only wants the best for other birds. She hates seeing how the humans treat the other birds, and she's currently thinking of how to save them. Aspen knows the humans quite well, and despite hating them, she can usually predict what they're going to do.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You're accepted! Welcome!
You're accepted! Welcome!

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@WillowtheWisp (do you mind if I have two characters? I don't know the character limit so I thought I would add two of them) Name: Arika Age: 15 in human years Gender: Female Type of Bird: Rainbow Lorikeet Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 2 Image: [img]http://web2.mendelu.cz/af_291_projekty2/vseo/files/252/18152.jpg[/img] Personality: She is a very cheerful bird, loving to fly around. She loves to try and make friends with the other birds and is very energetic. She usually prefers to forget that pretty much every member of her family is in the lab, but she can't forget about her cousin, Dust, who is in the lab. She is also very determined and is generally a believer. She is also a dreamer, and is kind of known for her strange and vivid dreams, which she is very happy to describe in detail. Essentially, she isn't blunt and prefers to explain everything in perfect detail, not wanting to miss a single one. She doesn't stand for those who pick on/hurt others and will gladly defend the one(s) being assaulted/bullied. Backstory (optional): Akira was born a happy chick with one other sibling, on the same day her cousin Dust was born. Both of their parents used to live outside of the jungle and just the lab in general, but they, along with other family members, were caught and brought to the jungle outside of the lab before Akira and Dust were born. Both birds grew up together and defending each other whenever they had to. However, one day, on Dust's and Akira's 14th birthday, Dust was taken from the jungle to the lab, becoming one of The Forgotten. However, Akira refuses to believe that he is one of them, and one day hopes to have him freed from the lab, sometimes having nightmares of what might be happening to him. And since her dreams are vivid... those nightmares end up haunting her for a long time, sometimes making her afraid to go to sleep. Name: Dust Age: 15 Gender: Male Type of Bird: Kagu Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 1 Image: [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cd/b2/3f/cdb23f90a6007495540d61776e9c9266.jpg[/img] Personality: Dust is quiet compared to Akira. He prefers not to say much around those he doesn't know, and even those he does know. The only times he is ever talkative is around Akira, but since he's been separated from her, that doesn't happen a lot anymore. He, like Akira, doesn't stand for bullying or those who hurt others, but the difference is that if the victim deserves it, he'll let it happen, unlike Akira, who won't let it happen no matter who the victim is. He gets a little shaken up at night and is often seen looking around in various directions, never focusing on just one for a while until he falls asleep. Actually, that is rare for him too; he rarely ever sleeps. Because of this, he always looks tired and can sometimes be seen shuffling in his cage and moaning tiredly. He can be energetic, but catching him acting like that is a rare sight. He is also intelligent and cunning, preferring not to take action until he is one hundred percent sure that he is able to escape. Backstory (optional): Dust was born along with two other siblings, on the same day that Akira was born. Both of their parents used to live outside of the jungle and just the lab in general, but they, along with other family members, were caught and brought to the jungle outside of the lab before Akira and Dust were born. Both birds grew up together and defending each other whenever they had to. However, one day, on Dust's and Akira's 14th birthday, Dust was taken from the jungle to the lab, becoming one of The Forgotten. He doesn't have much hope for the future currently, but he at least has some hope that he might get out, letting the thoughts of meeting with Akira again motivate him to get up every day. Sometimes he has nightmares of Akira being brought into the lab and tortured in various ways, however, he thinks he has the advantage over his nightmares because he rarely ever sleeps unless he has to. (another thing to note about Dust is that he is more sensitive to touch and pain than normal, so every experiment done on him causes more pain and discomfort)
@WillowtheWisp (do you mind if I have two characters? I don't know the character limit so I thought I would add two of them)

Name: Arika
Type of Bird: Rainbow Lorikeet
Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 2
Image: 18152.jpg
Personality: She is a very cheerful bird, loving to fly around. She loves to try and make friends with the other birds and is very energetic. She usually prefers to forget that pretty much every member of her family is in the lab, but she can't forget about her cousin, Dust, who is in the lab. She is also very determined and is generally a believer. She is also a dreamer, and is kind of known for her strange and vivid dreams, which she is very happy to describe in detail. Essentially, she isn't blunt and prefers to explain everything in perfect detail, not wanting to miss a single one. She doesn't stand for those who pick on/hurt others and will gladly defend the one(s) being assaulted/bullied.
Backstory (optional): Akira was born a happy chick with one other sibling, on the same day her cousin Dust was born. Both of their parents used to live outside of the jungle and just the lab in general, but they, along with other family members, were caught and brought to the jungle outside of the lab before Akira and Dust were born. Both birds grew up together and defending each other whenever they had to. However, one day, on Dust's and Akira's 14th birthday, Dust was taken from the jungle to the lab, becoming one of The Forgotten. However, Akira refuses to believe that he is one of them, and one day hopes to have him freed from the lab, sometimes having nightmares of what might be happening to him. And since her dreams are vivid... those nightmares end up haunting her for a long time, sometimes making her afraid to go to sleep.

Name: Dust
Type of Bird: Kagu
Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 1
Image: cdb23f90a6007495540d61776e9c9266.jpg
Personality: Dust is quiet compared to Akira. He prefers not to say much around those he doesn't know, and even those he does know. The only times he is ever talkative is around Akira, but since he's been separated from her, that doesn't happen a lot anymore. He, like Akira, doesn't stand for bullying or those who hurt others, but the difference is that if the victim deserves it, he'll let it happen, unlike Akira, who won't let it happen no matter who the victim is. He gets a little shaken up at night and is often seen looking around in various directions, never focusing on just one for a while until he falls asleep. Actually, that is rare for him too; he rarely ever sleeps. Because of this, he always looks tired and can sometimes be seen shuffling in his cage and moaning tiredly. He can be energetic, but catching him acting like that is a rare sight. He is also intelligent and cunning, preferring not to take action until he is one hundred percent sure that he is able to escape.
Backstory (optional): Dust was born along with two other siblings, on the same day that Akira was born. Both of their parents used to live outside of the jungle and just the lab in general, but they, along with other family members, were caught and brought to the jungle outside of the lab before Akira and Dust were born. Both birds grew up together and defending each other whenever they had to. However, one day, on Dust's and Akira's 14th birthday, Dust was taken from the jungle to the lab, becoming one of The Forgotten. He doesn't have much hope for the future currently, but he at least has some hope that he might get out, letting the thoughts of meeting with Akira again motivate him to get up every day. Sometimes he has nightmares of Akira being brought into the lab and tortured in various ways, however, he thinks he has the advantage over his nightmares because he rarely ever sleeps unless he has to.
(another thing to note about Dust is that he is more sensitive to touch and pain than normal, so every experiment done on him causes more pain and discomfort)
xk7ymDQ.png
@WillowTheWisp Oh boy, count me in! I'm literally in love with birds. I'll create a form right away when I get home!
@WillowTheWisp Oh boy, count me in! I'm literally in love with birds. I'll create a form right away when I get home!
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
@WillowtheWisp

I might join this, but I'm not really sure about it, yet. (I'll probably do 3, though.)

Before I join, I have to ask:

Does the pet have to be a bird (like a bird of prey, maybe), or can it be something like a dog? You didn't say it had to be one or the other, and I'm just making sure before I post c:

@WillowtheWisp

I might join this, but I'm not really sure about it, yet. (I'll probably do 3, though.)

Before I join, I have to ask:

Does the pet have to be a bird (like a bird of prey, maybe), or can it be something like a dog? You didn't say it had to be one or the other, and I'm just making sure before I post c:

@WillowtheWisp (not sure if you're subbed, but I am) [b]Name:[/b] Puna [b]Age:[/b] Young adult [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Type of Bird:[/b] Eclectus Parrot [b]Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!):[/b] 3 [b]Image:[/b] [img]http://www.singing-wings-aviary.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Female-Eclectus-Parrot.jpg[/img] [b]Personality:[/b] Puna is inquisitive, but content with watching from the sidelines until she gathers enough information to involve herself. She is friendly, especially once she's gotten to know the bird in question, and is slow to anger. She greatly dislikes how the lab birds are treated, and tries to help them as subtly as possible (sneaks them extra food, provides companionship, etc.) to avoid upsetting the scientist that owns her. The scientist also owns a dog named Marble, who Puna is close friends with. She often follows Marble around the compound. She doesn't truly hate the scientists, as the one she lives with is very kind to her. If she had the option to escape, she would have a hard time deciding between freedom and her friends (especially Marble) at the lab. [b]Backstory (optional):[/b] Puna only faintly remembers life from outside the lab, as she was captured as a chick to be sold. She has lived the rest of her life with the scientist, who keeps her as a pet alongside Marble, rather than a test subject. Her friendship with Marble was a little rocky at the start- Marble might have tried to nibble on her a little. Puna has forgiven her, and they are now the best of friends. She has a perch in the scientist's office, but is otherwise free to travel the lab as long as the doors aren't locked.
@WillowtheWisp (not sure if you're subbed, but I am)

Name: Puna
Type of Bird: Eclectus Parrot
Option 1, 2, or 3 (or tell me if you have a different idea! I'd love to hear it!): 3
Image:
Female-Eclectus-Parrot.jpg
Personality: Puna is inquisitive, but content with watching from the sidelines until she gathers enough information to involve herself. She is friendly, especially once she's gotten to know the bird in question, and is slow to anger. She greatly dislikes how the lab birds are treated, and tries to help them as subtly as possible (sneaks them extra food, provides companionship, etc.) to avoid upsetting the scientist that owns her. The scientist also owns a dog named Marble, who Puna is close friends with. She often follows Marble around the compound. She doesn't truly hate the scientists, as the one she lives with is very kind to her. If she had the option to escape, she would have a hard time deciding between freedom and her friends (especially Marble) at the lab.
Backstory (optional): Puna only faintly remembers life from outside the lab, as she was captured as a chick to be sold. She has lived the rest of her life with the scientist, who keeps her as a pet alongside Marble, rather than a test subject. Her friendship with Marble was a little rocky at the start- Marble might have tried to nibble on her a little. Puna has forgiven her, and they are now the best of friends. She has a perch in the scientist's office, but is otherwise free to travel the lab as long as the doors aren't locked.

I have a great weakness for plants, good stories, and dragons.
@SoulLugia11 (no problem at all! Both accepted!)

@Pandacow (Hmm, I actually didn't think of that, but why not? Go ahead if ya like! :P)
@SoulLugia11 (no problem at all! Both accepted!)

@Pandacow (Hmm, I actually didn't think of that, but why not? Go ahead if ya like! :P)

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
BelladonnaBloom, she looks lovely! Accepted! And I'm subbed, yes!
BelladonnaBloom, she looks lovely! Accepted! And I'm subbed, yes!

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9